• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Indrik said:
I would have expected more gold along with the red to honor both Ddraig and the Solar Exaltation to go along with that Taiyouryuutei (Solar Dragon Emperor) title Ddraig was considering, but that is an interesting choice for war form, Alexander.

Also, you should add durations to the new charms and knacks (if applicable). Some are clearly permanent but others not so much.
Good points. About that Mu-Sensei sent me this:

http://www.4shared.com/photo/rCFwYWxfba/Half_dragon_onox.html

We can add a golden horn on the forehead.

Some time ago I asked Smuthunter and Mu-Sensei to modifying an image that I thought would be a good Balance Breaker. Since we already discussed it this much I don't think it's worth keeping it a secret anymore, but I am gonna ask anyway:

Do you want to see it?

Alexander said:
Some time ago I asked Smuthunter and Mu-Sensei to modifying an image that I thought would be a good Balance Breaker. Since we already discussed it this much I don't think it's worth keeping it a secret anymore, but I am gonna ask anyway:

Do you want to see it?

*nod*.

http://www.4shared.com/photo/uqXeF9iwba/dx02postcard32.html

The source is, obviously, Saint Seiya. This was originally meant as a "Speed" build, letting Issei move at super-speed, but by how you're playing him I think a "Tank" build would be more effective. Also, this way he's more in theme with UCS (Defense is the Best) and it's a nice contrast to Vali who is super-fast.

Your choice, really.

not bad, but yeah I like the recoloured White Knight Chronicles Dragon Knight one for us more, and yeah we kind of have gone the wall route havn't we /laugh

Alexander said:

The source is, obviously, Saint Seiya. This was originally meant as a "Speed" build, letting Issei move at super-speed, but by how you're playing him I think a "Tank" build would be more effective. Also, this way he's more in theme with UCS (Defense is the Best) and it's a nice contrast to Vali who is super-fast.

Your choice, really.

Dunno. I think we can table this issue till we actually unlock the armor...

Alexander said:

Your choice, really.
could use a gold trim.

I like the headgear design , especially. The rest is a bit difficult to judge , considering it's shaped to match a female body.

On another matter , it seems like we are finished discussing the redesigned exp/training/dxd magic mechanics for now. Are you going to resume the quest, then?

i say the dragon knight is war form varient of the seiya version. Cause why not have both?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a sample exhibit I imagine REVEAL making.

REVEAL CASE File 0017
Prepared by Researcher SteelSavior

The following is a reconstruction of the available information on "Yuuma Amano". Prior to the discovery of the following log, our fellow researchers had no knowledge of her & a subsequent examination of class records indicates a number of discrepancies that corroborate her existence. If the follow IM conversation on her hadn't been found by accident, it's entirely possible that her entire existence would have been forgotten. Given the time stamp on the data file, my fellow researchers concur with me that she is the earliest person we have evidence for being approached by Machine Seductor Issei & documents & memories being edited by the Machine Conspiracy.

MorningRescue23: 18.25 You don't know what the hell you're talking abot. An evangelion could totally take on a Gundam. Theres no way for the mech to get passed the AT field.

Tezukafan-18.25 There you go again with your baseless acussations. You're totally forgetting episode 6 of the series where Shinji pierces Ramiel's AT field with the positron rifle. It takes a high energy attack sure, but we don't have specs on what a beam sword's energy output is.
*L33tMasser has logged in*-18.26

L33tMasser-18.26 Guys! New! Big news.

2DWife4ver-18.26 Wut?

Tezukafan-18.26 What's happpening?

L33tMasser-18.26 Issei just got asked out by a girl.

2DWife4ver-18.26 You serius?

MorningRescue23-18.27lol wut. Issei get a date? Petty fuk from aika?

L33tMasser-18.27 I wouldn't believe it if I didn see it myself. Yuuma asked him out!1

Tezukafan-Yuuma? 18.27 You mean that hotie Amano from class? What the hell would sh see in him.

MorningRescue23:18.27 Pics or it didn't happen.

2DWife4ver-18.27 Yeh I believe it when I se it.

L33tMasser-18.28 Never say I never came prepared. Look at this Attachment

*Open Attachment-Issei-Yuuma01.jpg?*

MorningRescue23-18.28 bullshit. How the hell did he land her.

2DWife4ver-18.28 The fuc? Shit this really happened.

Tezukafan-18.28 He told her he had cancer. Calln it now.

MorningRescue23-18.29 Dude commno. Yuuma's smart. She wound't fall for that.

That photo(Exhibit #0017B) is the only direct evidence we have of Yuuma Amano. She appears nowhere in the school records, nor is there a household with her family name in the prefecture records. Looking at the class roster, there was a transfer midway through the semester but the current number of students is the same as the beginning of the year. Researcher Shining Justice on his own initiative searched local hospital records for that week. Horrifyingly there's a transcript of an ER call with a woman matching her description & a form documenting her admittance to the hospital but no other records on her, including a date she was released hospital.(See REVEAL Casefile 0049 for more information)

We can only hope for her wellbeing, but it's the fear of this Researcher that after not falling to the advances from the Machine Seductor Issei he attaked her, dealing potentially life threatening wounds. Yuuma managed to escape & seek medical assistance but its clear either Issei or another Machine Infiltrator managed to get to her. Either way this seems probable evidence that Issei was replaced by his doppleganger far earlier than any of us originally suspected. The erasing of the records and memories including here are clear & irrefutable proof of the Machine Conspiracy's involvement. We know not your fate, Yuuma Amano but you're not forgotten. But our ability to recover evidence of this foul incident is yet further proof that despite their mechanized precision, the machines plans are fallible & can be stopped. Free our minds, save our future.

Lol

This is nice meg. It's made even funnier by the fact they're completely serious.

Poor Akeno having to deal with these morons. We need to do something nice for her in the future.

Diller said:
Lol

This is nice meg. It's made even funnier by the fact they're completely serious.

Poor Akeno having to deal with these morons. We need to do something nice for her in the future.

Once I catch up to the part in the story, I'll add a Case File where they connect Raynore's new identity in the school with the photo here. The fact she has a new name & has apparent amnesia will be...poorly received.

Akeno is the one who most intercepts them but I plan on having some entries for Kiba & other random people. When one of the researchers nearly gets hit by a truck stalking Issei the guy in question will blame the Machine Conspiracy to have infiltrated the Trucking Industry...

Brandark said:
On another matter , it seems like we are finished discussing the redesigned exp/training/dxd magic mechanics for now. Are you going to resume the quest, then?
Not yet, there still are a couple of issues I need to address.

1) The first is the dramatic action required to learn the Charm that grant access to Dragon Knacks. I need:
-Appropriate [Attribute+Ability] roll that will made every hour. Stunting is possible.
-Difficulty Check.
-Required Successes

I am open to suggestions with this. You can spread it in sessions among different days.

2) The magic system. MC's World of Darkness uses 1d20, and if needed we need to adapt it. For those who lack the book I will list the basic points:
-In MC Mages cast spells "on the fly," using their knowledge of magic and whatever environmental conditions are at hand. This means mages are flexible in terms of what spells they can create. This isn't true anymore: the caster must practice his spells, either those he learns from another or those he creates.
-Human needs a certain Lore rating to learn a certain level of spells. Compared to Devils, who use the power of imagination, their grow is slower but they have greater versatility.
-Components are the building blocks of spells. Much as an artist uses paint to create a mural or a weaver uses colored thread to create a tapestry, a mage uses components to create a spell. You create spells by choosing the proper components to create the spell you want. Different cabals of mages may call components by different names — arcana, nodes, disciplines and so on — but they all refer to components. Many types of components exist, including Range, Duration, Heal, Illusion and Conjure. The components available depends on the magic system: some allows only a few of them, and give bonus to some while other receives a penalty. A spell always has Area, Duration and Range components — you always have to know what the magic is going to affect, how long it's going to last and how far it reaches.
-The list of components is:
Area: Determines how many creatures or how much area a spell affects.
Duration: Determines how long the spell lasts.
Range: Determines how far a spell reaches.
Conjure: Summons or creates objects or creatures from elsewhere.
Control: Controls others' minds and emotions.
Damage: Determines how much damage a spell deals.
Divination: Reveals or conceals information.
Energy: Creates, destroys or converts energy.
Enhance: Improves the target's existing qualities.
Heal: Heals injuries and other afflictions.
Illusion: Creates false images and sensations.
Metaspell: Enhances, suppresses or alters magic.
Movement: Moves the target or affects its ability to move.
New Power: Gives the target a new ability or shape.
Protect: Protects against harmful things.
-Magic isn't easy. Novice mages sometimes fail at their easiest spells, and even the masters sometimes botch their creations. Every time you try to cast a spell, make a check; the Difficulty Check is 0 + the component cost of the spell you are casting + your exhaustion rating. This check takes place at the end of the time you spend casting the spell. (You cannot begin a one-hour casting, roll at the start to see if you succeed and cancel the spell and start again the next turn if you fail so you get to reroll — you don't know if you will succeed or fail until the last moment of spellcasting.) Certain favorable conditions, like plenty of time and relaxed state, enable to make automatic checks.
-Life is not so easy that a mage can cast spells all day long without breaking a sweat. Magic is physically, mentally and spiritually taxing. When you successfully cast a spell, take its component cost and subtract your mage level and 10 (treating results less than 0 as 0). This number is the spell's exhaustion rating (ER). For example, a 16-component spell cast by a 1st-level mage has a ER of: 16 (spell's component cost) – 1 (mage level) – 10 = 5. At the start of the day (after eight hours of rest), your exhaustion rating is 0. Every time you cast a spell, add its exhaustion rating (if any) to your current exhaustion rating. For example, after casting three spells with ER 5, your exhaustion rating is 15. Your exhaustion rating increases the Spellcraft DC to cast a spell, so the more exhausted you are from casting, the harder it is to cast another spell.

My take is: the Difficulty Check is as normal, and at the 1d20 roll is added [Intelligence+Occult].

Reaching a new spell level in a magic system is a dramatic action that involves studying. There are also other benefits.

Now, the problem here is that we have people with quantifiable magical energy (read: Essence). Some creatures have a lot of Essence (like Vali) while maybe not having an adequate Permanent Essence: they're like Gods and Spirit of Exalted, able to increase motes a lot but lacking versatility.

Suggestions? This will determine if spell casting will become a core component of Issei's style or not.

Dragon Stuff

Hrrrrmm, I'd probably make it an extended test, need a specific number of successes, but if you don't make it the first time the ones you get add up.

What roll? I'd probably go with [Wits + Resistance] or [Stamina + Resistance] considering this probably isn't going to be very easy, could very well be painful and or mentally stressful and all that, so Resistance seems like the best choice for that.

As for how many successes needed, well that depends if you want us to learn it quickly or not, 5 or 10 would work if you wanted us to learn it in a study period or two, if you wanted us to spread it out over a week or more I'd go with something like Essence x 10 + 10 or something, but thats really up to you.

Magic stuff

I personally like the fact that we have been super good at magic so far, it IS after all a core part of being a Twilight, and I would think with our superhuman constitution what with being an Exalt and all, that we would get a fairly large bonus on resisting or ignoring generating exhaustion from a system like this.

Honestly I'd have us Role something like Int + Lore + Occult + Essence, say raise the needed successes for a spell by 1 every 5 points it would have in the d20 version and only getting exhaustion damage if we botch *say 1 exhaustion wound level *like lethal/brused/aggrevatied* for every success needed for the spell, and needing to rest for 10 minutes to reduce it by one level.

that would give us a ready made penalty's and the risk of KOing if we tried something really ridiculous when we started.

Maybe have something like Thaum Majors and specializations to further enhance things?

*addition*

Some thinking, I imagine that gaining proficiancy in a rank would also ether make things easier to get the successes needed *IE doubling any successes* or reduce the number of successes needed *say halving the number for spells withen the bounds of the rank*

ranks something like this *based on levels mentioned by Alexander previously*

001 - 025 Level 1: kill a person, destroy a motorcycle
026 - 050 Level 2: Kill a Low-class Devil
076 - 100 Level 3: Kill a Middle-Class Devil
101 - 150 Level 4: Kill a High-Class Devil
151 - 200 Level 5: Kill an Ultimate-Class Devil, decimate an army, destroy a city
201 - *** Level 6: vaporize a big army, kill a god, wreak a region the size of Saitama's prefecture

if you don't want to do it where we only get Exhaustion when we botch, could also tie it into a Stamina + Resistance roll with successes needed to cancel out the Exhaustion something like 1 every 10 points for higher rank spells 1 ever 20 for spells in ranks we have the required proficiency or something, maybe let us spend motes to cancel our exhaustion as well to explain how Vali and that cast without giving two fucks about exhaustion?

thats all that comes to me right now.

Issei's asshat 'Friends' and classmates convinced that he's been replaced by aliens/a robot/whatever because Issei is an ugly stupid pervert and there is NO WAY this guy could be him.

EternitynChaos said:
Some thinking, I imagine that gaining proficiancy in a rank would also ether make things easier to get the successes needed *IE doubling any successes* or reduce the number of successes needed *say halving the number for spells withen the bounds of the rank*

ranks something like this *based on levels mentioned by Alexander previously*

001 - 025 Level 1: kill a person, destroy a motorcycle
026 - 050 Level 2: Kill a Low-class Devil
076 - 100 Level 3: Kill a Middle-Class Devil
101 - 150 Level 4: Kill a High-Class Devil
151 - 200 Level 5: Kill an Ultimate-Class Devil, decimate an army, destroy a city
201 - *** Level 6: vaporize a big army, kill a god, wreak a region the size of Saitama's prefecture

if you don't want to do it where we only get Exhaustion when we botch, could also tie it into a Stamina + Resistance roll with successes needed to cancel out the Exhaustion something like 1 every 10 points for higher rank spells 1 ever 20 for spells in ranks we have the required proficiency or something, maybe let us spend motes to cancel our exhaustion as well to explain how Vali and that cast without giving two fucks about exhaustion?
How are ranks determined?

hmmm, if you mean how do we work out what rank we are skilled enough for, I'd do it another extended test like crafting or something, every lesson we have we roll say, [Int + Lore + Occult + Essence]/2 say we need 10 successes to be proficient at Rank 1, 30 for Rank 2, 60 for Rank 3, 100 for Rank 4 150 for Rank 5 and 210 for Rank 6 or whatever.

if you mean the points, lets take Fireball for example, 1 lethal, essence x 10 range

I'd say 3d6 would be about the same as 1 lethal so 3 points there, creating energy damage 1 point, Duration : instant = 0 points, Range 30ft *most people I would think would only have that for a range with the old calc* 3 points, total spell cost 7, well in the range of the beginner stuff, not something that would likely tier out even an apprentice, or with the Devils a child.

that make sense Alexander?

*yeah I went and hunted down a copy of the book mentioned*

megrisvernin said:
I think I've got a bad Engrish Name for my Omake where students spy on Issei.

Reveal, short for Researchers Examining Villains to Expose All Lies. One of the original members thought it sounded cool & didn't know the word isn't ever used as a noun, instead as a verb.

It's intended as an APRONYM, that is they wanted an acronym for their organization that meant truth or uncover. The fact that there's a to in the name or that they're title suggests they already decided someone's guilty before they watch them isn't something which occurs to them.

Hmmmm, been doing some more thinking. this time on requirements for the various Ranks

was thinking the follows

When casting a spell you take one level of Exhaustion Damage per Rank of that Spell,the is reduced for each Proficiency gained, IE Rank 3 casting with Rank 1 Proficiency inflicts 2 levels of Exhaustion damage, this damage heals at a rate of 1 level per minute resting for mortals, 1 level per 10 ticks for Characters with Essence of 2 or more, and 1 Level per Tick for Characters with Essence of 6+

Rank one Proficiency, requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 3, Successes 10
Rank two Proficiency, Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 6, Successes 30
Rank Three Proficiency, Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 9, Successes 60
Rank Four Proficiency, Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 12, Successes 100
Rank Five Proficiency, Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essnece+Speciality) = 15, Successes 150
Rank Six Proficiency, Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 20, Successes 210

Spcialitys are for example, Norse Magic, Angelic Magic, Devil Magic etc Maybe Reduce the number of Successes needed since we are doing Proficiency for Each type of Magic

But yeah with this setup I'd have it so every Health level of Exhaustion can be soaked for want of a better word with a mote.

Also if your going to have casting rolls I'd have it that you auto succeed when casting spells within your Rank Proficiency. if You have casting rolls at all of course.

*magic stuff*

I'm wondering, is there any particular reason you're using MC's WoD for Mages? Mage: The Awakening and Mage: The Ascension are already (mostly) compatible with Exalted. Add in a component pool, like the mote pool but probably bigger to accomodate constructed spells, and it seems to me you'd be set.

in my case, its what he said he was using, and I don't have any of the Mage books on hand.

And, I just want to get something working so I can get my next Story fix /laugh

Uhm, it's an interesting system Eternity. I will try put everything discussed together and put it on the votes. For now, I will leave the main difference between Charm/Sorcery and DxD magic. I derived inspiration from another quest:

Charms/Sorcery changes reality, rewriting the laws of physics or pushing them away.

DxD Magic superimpose the caster's view of reality over the grand reality

The Slumbering Crocodile said:
*magic stuff*

I'm wondering, is there any particular reason you're using MC's WoD for Mages? Mage: The Awakening and Mage: The Ascension are already (mostly) compatible with Exalted. Add in a component pool, like the mote pool but probably bigger to accomodate constructed spells, and it seems to me you'd be set.
Those system works in a world where the most obvious the spell is, the more damage you receive from the world. MC's WoD is more free. Plus houseruling is fun ;)

Ha, Well I figured since I was here this time when you asked unlike before when I had yet to even find this site I should try and help, no promises about what I think up being useful, but I figure at least its something right?

and as for the diffrences between the 2, so like the diffrence between Magecraft and a Reality Marble or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back