• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Larekko12 said:
... I don't think we can quite spin that bulshit.
It's not actually bullshit though. Everything we say is true: magical girl powers do come from love and compassion (as far as we know, unless Issei has watched Nanoha or Madoka), any magic we could give him/her would act like essence magic rather than magical girl magic, and we really don't know any fairies or talking cats. The last part is just a standard "You don't need powers, you're already awesome" inspirational speech. Give it a little Solar OOMPH and it'll do the job.

Smuthunter said:
It's not actually bullshit though. Everything we say is true: magical girl powers do come from love and compassion (as far as we know, unless Issei has watched Nanoha or Madoka), any magic we could give him/her would act like essence magic rather than magical girl magic, and we really don't know any fairies or talking cats. The last part is just a standard "You don't need powers, you're already awesome" inspirational speech. Give it a little Solar OOMPH and it'll do the job.
Magical girls (usually) have love and compassion. Not quite the same thing. Besides, we'd be doing the world a favor by making that thing less hideous.

Issei has watched Nanoha; he thought about it when we were learning magic.

Selias said:
Magical girls (usually) have love and compassion. Not quite the same thing. Besides, we'd be doing the world a favor by making that thing less hideous.
*golf clap*

Now you're thinking like a Solar! A first age Solar! >:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Selias said:

I agree.

Can't we make him a magical girl someway, through a magic item or something? Is it possible, Exalted fans?

Dimensionist said:
I agree.

Can't we make him a magical girl someway, through a magic item or something? Is it possible, Exalted fans?
Nervaqus987 said:
Well, we could turn her into a Magical Girl.

We'd just need enough Craft to make an Infinite Resplendence Amulet, a Stone of Gender Transformation(or an artifact to do the same), and then Enlighten her Essence through either our own Solar Charms or through a Thaumaturgical Ritual.

From there, we either induct her into the Terrestrial Circle of Sorcery and then make her a Metasorcerous Phylactery or else some appropriate Terrestrial Martial Art(which we'd probably have to make ourselves).

Not counting whatever options we may have from the DxD side of things.

So it's doable, just a pain in the ass.
Smuthunter said:
There is juice all over my computer screen but it is totally worth it.

There are in fact several ways that we can give Mil-tan superpowers, actually. The one that comes to mind immediately is the Lore charm Soul-Enlightening Beneficence, which would allow us to enlighten Mil-tan's essence. Problem is it's an essence 4 charm and is kind of out of our way compared to the combat and occult focus we want to grind for. The other option might be in Terrestrial Circle Sorcery if we design a spell for a similar purpose.

She said she wanted fantasy like powers, so that line about giving her different powers than magical girls won't work.

I think we're screwed.

Unless we can convince her that the ritual to make her a magical girl will actually take a long time (2 years or more).

... huh maybe mil-tan can train to be a magician?

Dimensionist said:
I agree.

I do know that Kiba gets turned into a girl at one point, so the gender change part of it can be found in DXD.
All we have to do is combine that with giving him magic of some sort.

Enohthree said:
I do know that Kiba gets turned into a girl at one point, so the gender change part of it can be found in DXD.
All we have to do is combine that with giving him magic of some sort.
Don't forget the appearance altering magic.

Dimensionist said:
I agree.

A better question might be what do we gain out of trying?

If we craft something we have to dump a huge amount of resources into making success even vaguely possible and we still might not get what Mil-tan really wants. All this effort will at best give us a single item which we then give away for a huge net loss in time and resources compared to what we get out of it.

If we make a spell we have to dump a similarly large amount of time but not nearly as many resources into magic research, however this will pay off with a technique that can be used many times to turn mortals into magicians. Aika would probably appreciate being able to use magic once she's in the harem, but she also might not need it depending on the narrative (if she turns out to have a dormant sacred gear or something) and there aren't any other people I can think of who we might want to benefit from this spell, so it's essentially just a two-shot power-up for side characters. Further, our research in this direction might draw unwanted attention from established magicians or other people who see it as a threat to the big secret.

Apart from those things, clearing this quest won't really give us anything besides experiences points and probably Mil-tan as a contact, which is... of questionable value except maybe as a meat shield.

kinglugia said:
Let us hope that Milf-tan doesn't meet QB.
If Mil-tan meets QB we have much bigger problems than crossdressing man-children with magical powers on our hands.

kinglugia said:
Let us hope that Milf-tan doesn't meet QB.

Actually, IIRC, there was a joke in either the LN or the anime(can't remember which) that she (somehow) did meet QB and asked for a contract.

It didn't work.

Smuthunter said:

If we craft something we have to dump a huge amount of resources into making success even vaguely possible and we still might not get what Mil-tan really wants. All this effort will at best give us a single item which we then give away for a huge net loss in time and resources compared to what we get out of it.

If we make a spell we have to dump a similarly large amount of time but not nearly as many resources into magic research, however this will pay off with a technique that can be used many times to turn mortals into magicians. Aika would probably appreciate being able to use magic once she's in the harem, but she also might not need it depending on the narrative (if she turns out to have a dormant sacred gear or something) and there aren't any other people I can think of who we might want to benefit from this spell, so it's essentially just a two-shot power-up for side characters. Further, our research in this direction might draw unwanted attention from established magicians or other people who see it as a threat to the big secret.

Apart from those things, clearing this quest won't really give us anything besides experiences points and probably Mil-tan as a contact, which is... of questionable value except maybe as a meat shield.
If Mil-tan meets QB we have much bigger problems than crossdressing man-children with magical powers on our hands.
If the quest takes that much effort, wouldn't it also give a lot of XP? Also, we get rid of a horrible monster, without killing it.

[X] "But Mil-tan, a magical girl's power has to come from her love and compassion, remember? If I gave you magic it would just be normal magic, not magical girl magic. And I don't know any fairies or talking cats (NEVER EVER MENTION KONEKO) who might be able to help. But you already have the heart of a magical girl just by wanting to fight for love and justice, so you already have all the important stuff!"

Selias said:
If the quest takes that much effort, wouldn't it also give a lot of XP? Also, we get rid of a horrible monster, without killing it.
It's possible that the EXP gain might make it worthwhile but it would still be a long-term project that would cut into everything else we're trying to do at the same time -- all our training, all our fights, whatever events the plot throws at us, and now we have to make room for a dubiously-rewarding side-quest as well? I really don't think it's worth it.

Besides, unless you cause complete personality death with this transformation Mil-tan the guy is still going to be lurking under the skin of Mil-tan the magical girl, so it's not like we can even plausibly make her into a valid harem candidate just by making him less physically-repulsive.

Smuthunter said:

Because a quest should be less about optimization and more about how the characters interact and deal with the world, and the choices they make? Just throwing a half-hearted line at him and leaving it at that is boring and doesn't speak well of Issei's compassion. Now, helping him fulfill his dream ... that's something worth doing, and something Issei would also be proud of doing.

EDIT: A harem candidate? Really? :facepalm:

ISSEI ISN'T THAT 1D IN THIS QUEST! Heck, isn't compassion his biggest character point here?

Selias said:
Also, Mil-tan is strong, to the point that Serafall Leviathan, one of the Four Great Demon Lords, wanted him to join her peerage, due to him successful shrugging off a sleep spell cast by her, followed by fighting a group of witches with his bare-hands, his fists shattering their magic.

No seriously:
We wait for Buchou's command while dodging them!

"I won't forgive evil magicians –nyo!"

Mil-tan grabs a drum barrel nearby, and throws it towards the witches! Hey, he's fighting against the witches with his fists!

"Milkyyyyyyyy Spiraaaaaaaal Boooooooomb!"

He starts to destroy the fireball and ice-spear made from magic that was released by the witches with his fists!

"What is……just what on earth is he!?"

"Is this a new species in the Underworld!?"

Even the witches are in shock! Of course! He finally uses "that" stick to take down the witches attacks, so just who on earth is Mil-tan!?

Wait, why is Mil-tan awake!? Didn't Leviathan-sama's demonic-power work on him!?

Getting him as an ally seems like a good idea.

Please everyone,despite her/his/its appearance.
Miltan is super strong and have some magic resistance and have a lot of people that look like Miltan.
We can use Miltan army to defeat every faction.

If we give them mgic and combine that with their strength and magic resistance.
They will crush every enemy that rely on magic.

Dimensionist said:
Because a quest should be less about optimization and more about how the characters interact and deal with the world, and the choices they make? Just throwing a half-hearted line at him and leaving it at that is boring and doesn't speak well of Issei's compassion.
Who said anything about it being half-hearted? Issei is a shonen hero, dramatic inspiring speeches are his bread and butter.

EDIT: A harem candidate? Really? :facepalm:

ISSEI ISN'T THAT 1D IN THIS QUEST! Heck, isn't compassion his biggest character point here?
Issei can perfectly well decide to help him with a shonen speech and absolutely mean it. He does that with Gasper and a few other characters in canon and it works out wonderfully for them. I'm just listing the reasons I don't want to sink loads of resources into a single quest. We don't get anything out of it and we don't have time for long-term projects right now. Have you forgotten that we have a bunch of people trying to kill us and we need to train up our combat stats with every spare moment we have?

Smuthunter said:
It's possible that the EXP gain might make it worthwhile but it would still be a long-term project that would cut into everything else we're trying to do at the same time -- all our training, all our fights, whatever events the plot throws at us, and now we have to make room for a dubiously-rewarding side-quest as well? I really don't think it's worth it.

Besides, unless you cause complete personality death with this transformation Mil-tan the guy is still going to be lurking under the skin of Mil-tan the magical girl, so it's not like we can even plausibly make her into a valid harem candidate just by making him less physically-repulsive.
First of all, who the hell said anything about Mil-tan being a harem candidate? Although, discriminating against someone for their physical appearance and/or sex isn't a great thing to do. Haven't you ever heard of transgender people? Secondly, why can't we just make it something that we work on in our spare time? It doesn't have to be done right away, you know.

Selias said:
First of all, who the hell said anything about Mil-tan being a harem candidate?
I assumed this to be the reason why you were so concerned with changing his appearance. It's also probably the end result regardless of whether we want it or not, given Issei's luck with guys falling for him in canon.

Smuthunter said:
I assumed this to be the reason why you were so concerned with changing his appearance. It's also probably the end result regardless of whether we want it or not, given Issei's luck with guys falling for him in canon.
I'm concerned with it, because I try to get into the main character's mind, when I do quests like this (also the reason that I'm not a fan of female MCs), and it's the compassionate thing to do. We have the power to help him (or we will, in the future), so we should do so.

[X]"Saa. Mil-tan. I do believe that I could help you," you start drawing out the emphasis,:" but it would be a monumental effort, the quest of a lifetime requiring heart, dedication and loyalty to a cause, the cause of love and JUSTICE!" you pronouce clenching a fist and focusing your vision deep into his face letting the disconcerting parts of his appearance fall away. The sun choses hit just the right angle to cast a radiant aura across you. Intimidating and inspiring. " I would need your absolute loyalty, and you will need absolute conviction! To attempt to become the hero would destroy the weak hearted and unleash monstrous consequences. The evil spirits that plauge this land will devour the weak that take this journey and I will not take them by my side. Mil-tan I demand of you and answer, are you hard enough? " There that should be intimidating enough that he forgets this whole thing an d spares the public.... or inspiring enough he dedicates himself whole hearteded to being a hero. Eh a good deed either way I guees.

[X]Presence Excellency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Selias said:
I'm concerned with it, because I try to get into the main character's mind, when I do quests like this (also the reason that I'm not a fan of female MCs), and it's the compassionate thing to do. We have the power to help him (or we will, in the future), so we should do so.
So is it you or the ever-compassionate Issei who's referring to Mil-tan as a horrible monster in need of slaying and so on?

Smuthunter said:
So is it you or the ever-compassionate Issei who's referring to Mil-tan as a horrible monster in need of slaying and so on?
Me, but that's more of a joke. My friends and I sometimes joke around, pretending to be huge assholes, or racists, or... well, lots of things, honestly. Sometimes I do it automatically. Luckily, not in public.

Selias said:
Me, but that's more of a joke. My friends and I sometimes joke around, pretending to be huge assholes, or racists, or... well, lots of things, honestly. Sometimes I do it automatically. Luckily, not in public.
Well as it happens that's actually rather in-character for Issei right now. Mil-tan is a joke character, which means Issei's normal characterization goes out the window. Compassion isn't the thing he's feeling now because he's still in "oh god what the fuck" mode, which is the default state for most people that encounter Mil-tan. I am not at all enthused by the idea of having such a character around us constantly or even just frequently -- eventually either the joke gets old or it stops being a joke, so I would rather just not allow Mil-tan into our sphere of influence for storytelling reasons regardless of what advantages he brings to the team.

Smuthunter said:
Well as it happens that's actually rather in-character for Issei right now. Mil-tan is a joke character, which means Issei's normal characterization goes out the window. Compassion isn't the thing he's feeling now because he's still in "oh god what the fuck" mode, which is the default state for most people that encounter Mil-tan. I am not at all enthused by the idea of having such a character around us constantly or even just frequently -- eventually either the joke gets old or it stops being a joke, so I would rather just not allow Mil-tan into our sphere of influence for storytelling reasons regardless of what advantages he brings to the team.
I'm fine with Mil-tan not joining our group, but can you honestly say that being able to create magical girls wouldn't be useful? It'd be like our own peerage, but with enhanced humans. Mil-tan could be our test subject.

This one is me, by the way.

Selias said:
I'm fine with Mil-tan not joining our group, but can you honestly say that being able to create magical girls wouldn't be useful? It'd be like our own peerage, but with enhanced humans. Mil-tan could be our test subject.
So we tall Mil-Tan that while we don't have the ability right now we have things we can study to create a way to empower him? A magication version of the Peerage system would be a powerful asset and being the first faction to have access would give us and our allies an advantage.

Silversun17 said:
So we tall Mil-Tan that while we don't have the ability right now we have things we can study to create a way to empower him? A magication version of the Peerage system would be a powerful asset and being the first faction to have access would give us and our allies an advantage.
If this were to get us our own set of piece-equivalents in the long run rather than just giving us the ability to empower mortals with a little magic then I would be all for it. I would need to check into what essence enlightenment entails and what mortals can do with it besides thaumaturgy first though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back