• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

You know I never did get an answer for how ripped Issei is do to having two dots in martial arts and three dots in athletics.

I Bring you Heroic Pieces
http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/fate_chess_01_thumb.jpg
http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/fate_chess_servants_thumb.jpg
and instead of pawns we have magical girls
http://s1.tsuki-board.net/pics/figure/big/157842.jpg?t=1395779040
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDU1WDYyNA==/z/oe0AAOxy63FS7Ery/$_3.JPG
king piece or Servant Saver/Ruler
i have no piece for this yet do you guy have any ideas?

nightblade said:
You know I never did get an answer for how ripped Issei is do to having two dots in martial arts and three dots in athletics.

Three dots is above-average human level, isn't it?

I'd say he's got a pretty defined musculature. Not quite body-builder, but he's lean and muscle definitely shows. Bruce Lee, maybe.

Peanuckle said:

I'd say he's got a pretty defined musculature. Not quite body-builder, but he's lean and muscle definitely shows. Bruce Lee, maybe.

bruce lee is probably a little much. The guy was carved from fucking stone.

As for "Body Builder" no serious fighter should have that physique. See http://9gag.com/gag/aKzdop6/bodybuilders-vs-strong-man-form-vs-function

we surely have noticeable muscle though.

Peanuckle said:

My understanding is that one dot is basic competence, two is some small amount of talent, and three is professional skill. Your typical career soldier would have his combat skills ranked around two or three, usually. Four indicates a special talent, and five makes you one of the best in the world in that skill.

You know I'm surprised that Silver's write in doesn't have Ruby going red.

Just changed my vote.

Out of curiosity (and this is especially for the people who read the spoilers for DxD Volume 17), what do you think is the earliest occasion where we can consciously use Longinus Smasher?

It was an ability that Ddraig wasn't supposed to have, so do you guys think it's possible for Bright-Sensei to tinker with the Boosted Gear so it unlocks earlier than canon?

If so, then I can't wait to see how the Exaltation would influence it. I'm thinking, GLORIOUS SOLAR CANNON!!!

These stunts are massively over the top for very little reward.

All you need to do is interact with the environement to get a 2 die.

ZipLopz said:
Just changed my vote.

Out of curiosity (and this is especially for the people who read the spoilers for DxD Volume 17), what do you think is the earliest occasion where we can consciously use Longinus Smasher?

It was an ability that Ddraig wasn't supposed to have, so do you guys think it's possible for Bright-Sensei to tinker with the Boosted Gear so it unlocks earlier than canon?

If so, then I can't wait to see how the Exaltation would influence it. I'm thinking, GLORIOUS SOLAR CANNON!!!

Issei used Longinus Smasher for the first time when he entered Juggernaut Drive . It is a sealed attack and forbidden , but as Juggernaut Drive temporarily lifts the seal God placed on Draig , it can be used .

The second time Longinus Smasher was used was after Issei had his body re-made and combined with Great Red .

So in order to unlock Juggernaut Drive , God's seal has to be lifted first . Can't see it happening any time soon , even with Bright's tinkering . And at the very least , we need to achieve Balance Breaker first .

Last edited by a moderator:
Brandark said:
Issei used Longinus Smasher for the first time when he entered Juggernaut Drive . It is a sealed attack and forbidden , but as Juggernaut Drive temporarily lifts the seal God placed on Draig , it can be used .

The second time Longinus Smasher was used was after Issei had his body re-made and combined with Great Red .

So in order to unlock Juggernaut Drive , God's seal has to be lifted first . Can't see it happening any time soon , even with Bright's tinkering . And at the very least , we need to achieve Balance Breaker first .

Yeah, there's that part to factor, too...

It's just another reminder to serve that we're going to have to go at this one step at a time.

ZipLopz said:
Yeah, there's that part to factor, too...

It's just another reminder to serve that we're going to have to go at this one step at a time.

Yes , pretty much this .

Still , Issei is going to take quite a few levels in badass , in terms of both the sacred gear and solar exaltation , so it's going to be a fun ride , regardless of the pacing .

[X] Time for round two.

You push off the ground, going low and fast. You've already used one recently seen technique - why not go for the next?

It's time for an incredible combo!

She sees you coming, of course, despite your speed, but you're ready for that. As her fist lashes out to intercept you, her gauntlet's power shining forth, you lash out with your left foot, shutting down the attack at the wrist, the explosion washing harmlessly over you. Your right foot lashes out immediately after, your hands maintaining the balance as you tuck into a roll, the maneuver executed with perfect speed and balance. You knock her off her feet with your right foot, and in that time, get your hands in position.

While she's still in mid-air, falling, your left foot lashes out, striking her squarely in the stomach and propelling her upwards. You twist your body at full speed, building up the centrifugal force needed for this assault, and push up.

You fly upwards, your feet carving ahead. You lash out with your right foot, and jerk your back rapidly, the muscles in your body pushing you upwards in defiance of physics.

Then you do it again, with your left foot.

And again.

Again.

By the time the combo finishes, Yang's nearly twenty meters in the air, all of it happening in split seconds - too quick for Yang to strike back, from the unfavorable position she was in. You focus, observing the moment she finally counters, and use that attack to capture her arm between your legs from an angle, using the leverage to slam into her back with the full force your body, and push downwards, using her as a stepping board to leap off her and fall to safety.

Dimensionist said:
[X] Time for round two.

You push off the ground, going low and fast. You've already used one recently seen technique - why not go for the next?

She sees you coming, of course, despite your speed, but you're ready for that. As her fist lashes out to intercept you, her gauntlet's power shining forth, you lash out with your left foot, shutting down the attack at the wrist, the explosion washing harmlessly over you. Your right foot lashes out immediately after, your hands maintaining the balance as you tuck into a roll, the maneuver executed with perfect speed and balance. You knock her off her feet with your right foot, and in that time, get your hands in position.

While she's still in mid-air, falling, your left foot lashes out, striking her squarely in the stomach and propelling her upwards. You twist your body at full speed, building up the centrifugal force needed for this assault, and push up.

You fly upwards, your feet carving ahead. You lash out with your right foot, and jerk your back rapidly, the muscles in your body pushing you upwards in defiance of physics.

And again.

Again.

By the time the combo finishes, Yang's nearly twenty meters in the air, all of it happening in split seconds - too quick for Yang to strike back, from the unfavorable position she was in. You focus, observing the moment she finally counters, and use that attack to capture her arm between your legs from an angle, using the leverage to slam into her back with the full force your body, and push downwards, using her as a stepping board to leap off her and fall to safety.

Interesting. I'll see what other questers think before deciding whether to vote for it.

Dimensionist said:
[X] Time for round two.

And again.

Again.

What move did you have Issei just do?

It's this:

[embed=425,349]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6PMblM4L1o#t=85[/embed]

Rock Lee: Fuck you, physics!

ShadowAngelBeta said:
You know. A thought just struck me.

Alex has said that building in the Charms that unlock Essence and/or the one that let's others use Solar Charms to whatever system we use for our recruitment is possible. What if with our own Card/Piece/Whatever, we instead don't focus on our stats at all, but rather our Essence Rating. I know there's a Solar Charm For Thattm, but it also has a lot of drawbacks and only raises it by one point.

Would it be possible to finagle something together to that effect, because what we are studying and eventually going to be making sound a lot like precursors/distant-cousins to Exaltation Shards.
Well, there are the Half-Castes, children of Solars who, while not Exalted, are a step above Heroic Mortals and able to lean Solar Charms.

Creating a full Exaltation...no, that's impossible. However, if you were to lower the standards it would be another matter entirely.
megrisvernin said:
There are ways to empower mortals with celestial charms to my knowledge. It does take a lot of effort & time but it might be doable.
Those are Lore/Occult Charms, so you already have an advantage since Twilight.

Dimensionist said:
It's this:

[embed=425,349]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6PMblM4L1o#t=85[/embed]

Rock Lee: Fuck you, physics!

Mu-Sensei said:
Omote Renge, actually. Ise is a fan of Shone series IIRC, so he'd watch Naruto. Of course, being a Solar, his would escalate into awesomeness. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToLP0EpdGyE

The last one was Omote, so you have my aproval. Although, if we start emulating his combat style (which I also wholeheartedly approve) we ought to get drunk during a fight:

["Perverted Drunken Monkey *hic* Style -" The boy stumble forward at his hiccup, before turning into a roll, passing right below the sworswoman's legs "Shadow Panty Thief!" Before standing up, swaingly, spinning the aforementioned garment in his fingers thriumphantly.

More than a pair of Eyes bulged in surprise, and Kiba briefly commented to his own opponent "How is that even possible! I mean- YOU TWO ARE WEARING BODYSUITS!!"]

Because Issei is NOT a combat fanatic, but rather a perverted young man SOLAR!

Mu-Sensei said:
["Perverted Drunken Monkey *hic* Style -" The boy stumble forward at his hiccup, before turning into a roll, passing right below the sworswoman's legs "Shadow Panty Thief!" Before standing up, swaingly, spinning the aforementioned garment in his fingers thriumphantly.

More than a pair of Eyes bulged in surprise, and Kiba briefly commented to his own opponent "How is that even possible! I mean- YOU TWO ARE WEARING BODYSUITS!!"]
Because Solars have no need of something so quaint as Laws of Physics. 8)

Wait a minute.

Does this mean Issei run on Anime's rules? :eek:

Alexander said:
Because Solars have no need of something so quaint as Laws of Psychics. 8)

Wait a minute.

Does this mean Issei run on Anime's rules? :eek:

I'm pretty sure we can stunt him on breaking the fourth wall when drunk, just like one fic where Shinji made Asuka walk on water with her eyes closed, by making her believe it was possible...

BTW ...

Physics, not Psychics. I don't think 'Laws of Psychics' actually exist.:/

Dimensionist said:
BTW ...

Physics, not Psychics. I don't think 'Laws of Psychics' actually exist.:/
Fixed.

Anyway, today as I was re-reading the Scroll of Heroes I thought of something: Merits and Flaws. While is the character creation time is long gone, I believe there are some traits that you may find interesting:

Merits:
SELECTIVE CONCEPTION
Cost: 1 pt.
Availability: Anyone
Your character controls his own fertility. A male character with this Merit cannot ensure pregnancy, but he can prevent undesired pregnancies.

COMMON SENSE
Cost: 1 pt.
Your character has an inner voice that warns her when her present course of action is unwise or dangerous, a voice that sounds remarkably like that of the Storyteller. Whenever the character prepares for a course of action that is objectively a bad idea (and especially when it is a very bad idea), the Storyteller will warn the character's player of the danger he has apparently failed to see. The Storyteller is obliged only to warn the player. Nothing prevents a stubborn or bull-headed character from doggedly pursuing a course of action that a more reasonable character would avoid.
To gain one or both choosing a Flaw that grant sufficient number of points is required:

Flaws:
CLIMATE SENSITIVITY
Cost: 2–4 pts.
Your character is acclimated to a particular region of Creation and suffers penalties in other climates. If the character's climate sensitivity is triggered, the character suffers a -1 internal penalty on all actions, and the difficulty of all Survival and Resistance rolls increases by one. The cost of this Flaw is dependent on how vulnerable the character is to different climates. For two points, the character suffers only in an extreme environment that is the antithesis of his preferred climate (such as a Northerner in the hot desert or a Southerner in the frozen tundra). For three points, the character is uncomfortable in any environment other than his preferred one, including even temperate zones (such as Northerner in any non-cold environment or a Southerner outside of the desert). For four points, the character is limited to one specific geographic region and cannot even endure areas that are climatically similar but not identical.

PHOBIA
Cost: Variable
Your character is irrationally afraid of some person, place, thing or condition of being. Common triggers for phobias include heights, enclosed spaces, spiders, drowning or public speaking. Uncommon triggers for phobias include clowns, being buried alive, public nudity or shellfish. A phobia's cost is determined first by whether the trigger is a commonly encountered phenomenon or not. For three points, the character has a phobia with a relatively common trigger. When the character encounters the trigger, the character's player must successfully roll Valor against a difficulty of 3 lest the character be forced to flee the scene or otherwise panic. If the character is forced to remain near or interact with the trigger, the phobia inflicts a dice penalty on all relevant rolls made for the character equal to the total cost of this Flaw. The player may negate this effect for a scene by spending one Willpower. For each additional point gained from this Flaw, the difficulty of the Valor roll increases by one, as does the Willpower cost
to ignore the phobia. If the trigger is an uncommon one (meaning that the Flaw will be less of a hindrance to the character), reduce the base cost of the Flaw by two. The Storyteller can veto any phobia on the grounds that the trigger is too rare to come up in the series.

GREATER CURSE
Cost: 1–5 pts.
Availability: Celestial Exalted, Green Sun Princes and
Abyssal Exalted
If your character is a Solar, Lunar or Sidereal, he is more prone to Limit Break. For each point gained from this Merit, the character's Limit pool decreases by one. If the character has this Flaw at the three-point level, he experiences Limit Break when he acquires seven points of Limit instead of the normal 10.

THROWBACK
Availability: Celestial Exalted, Abyssal Exalted and
Green Sun Princes
One of a character's past lives exerts a powerful and unhealthy influence over him. When this Merit is selected, the player and Storyteller must jointly define the personality of one of the character's past lives, include her Motivation and Intimacies. When the character finds himself in a situation that would tend to evoke the past life's Motivation or Intimacies, roll the character's Willpower against a difficulty equal to his Essence. If the roll fails, the character is overwhelmed by the emotions of the past life and must act according to her Motivation and Intimacies instead of his own. This is considered a form of unnatural mental influence that lasts for a number of hours equal to the Flaw's rating. The character can act against the externally imposed Motivation and Intimacies for one scene by spending a Willpower point. He can overcome it completely by spending a number of Willpower points equal to the Flaw's rating.

WARD
Your character has been charged with the welfare of another person, usually a young person for whom the character serves as a mentor. A ward might represent the character's own child (whether biological or adopted), the young disciple of martial arts sifu or the apprentice of a thaumaturge or a master thief. The character must have an Intimacy for his ward, and this Intimacy may not be removed until this Flaw is bought off. Additionally, the ward very often gets into trouble or otherwise complicates her mentor's life. At the beginning of each session, the Storyteller should roll one die. If the result is equal to or less than (the Flaw's rating + 2), something happens involving the ward that distracts or endangers the character. The ward might be kidnapped by an enemy or accidentally insult a visiting dignitary or decide to "impress" her mentor by running off solo to perform some dangerous mission.

Interested? ;)

Common Sense sounds awesome . And as for the Flaw side , Phobia sounds like something we can have fun with . I am definitely interested . What do you think , fellow questers ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back