• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] Train (half day)
-[X] Awareness
[X] Date (half day)
-[X] Yang/Ruby/Asia/Mittelt

Smuthunter I wouldn't mind supporting your vote if you can clarify if you think we'll have a chance for ruby & Yang to meet with the Occult Club later this week.

Doing so has a lot of advantages in mind, not least being
1) Increasing trust between our respective grounds & reducing the change of a friendly fire or other members of our group incorrectly identifying them as foes in the middle of combat
2) Increasing training effectiveness. If our group are introduced to Rias's peerage, that gives them additional people to spar with & test their techniques against. It'll give us a chance to teach members of Rias's peerage some terrestial or celestial techniques while still allowing Ruby & Yang to train with. In particular I suspect Asia might gain a lot from speaking to the Devils on magical matters.
3) Increasing our social position & reinforcing our status to Rias. Rias is still treating Issei as a potentially member of her peerage rather than a power in his own right, which I think he warrants. Bringing our full group with us should make plain that we have our based of power to draw from & that we're choosing to continue affiliating with her Peerage not necessarily out of a need, but because we choose to.

megrisvernin said:
Smuthunter I wouldn't mind supporting your vote if you can clarify if you think we'll have a chance for ruby & Yang to meet with the Occult Club later this week.
It's... possible? I don't know what events are happening later this week. We might be dealing with Raiser during that period. If that happens we can call in Ruby and Yang and tell them we're helping a friend get out of an arranged marriage to a huge jerk. I imagine they'll both jump at that without even knowing anything about Rias. Then they join us on the training trip for the rest of the week.

However if that doesn't happen then I don't know how we would go about introducing them to each other. Yang and Ruby go to a different school so they wouldn't be around most of the time, though maybe we could introduce them during a training session or something.

megrisvernin said:
Good argument.

Oh whats the Devil's relationship with Fallen Angels. Cordial? Tense? Nonexistent?

It would be interesting given that Akeno, Rias has four members of her peerage with strong ties to the Fallen Angels. Akeno being daughter of one & the former three fallen angels that joined her. Issei, one of her affiliates, also lives with & is allied with Mittelt a fallen angel. Their relations might be...relevant.

" The relationship between a Devil and a Fallen Angel is not as simple as you think. The two sides have been glaring at each other for hundreds and thousands of years. If you show them a single gap of weakness, they will come and kill us. They are our enemy."

This Rias talking from vol 1 life 4 part 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Selias said:
[X] Train (half day)
-[X] Awareness
[X] Date (half day)
Tense, then. Not really necessary to quote that from the manga(?).

Wait what?Looks at post.

Faceplam.
That second half was for something else and should not be there. Sigh that's what I get for not checking the tab before clicking post.

[X] Relax (half day)
-[X] Turn on the Xbox, read manga, watch anime, perhaps check the forums for the quests you participate in ... The point is to relax. Do what you feels like.
[X] Date (half day)

[X] Investigate the Snakes
-[X] By walking around looking for gangsters, we can then interrogate them.

Tetsurō said:
[X] Investigate the Snakes
-[X] By walking around looking for gangsters, we can then interrogate them.
Investigate the Snakes is a full-day action. We can't do anything else if we want to find them.

[X] Train (half day)
-[X] Awareness
[X] Date (half day)

ok, I have a question, why is everyone wanting to train Awareness or Dodge, when we already have a dot in each and so just need to pump xp into it to raise it higher?

Actually now that I'm taking a closer look at the rules I think Surprise Anticipation Method might be the better investment. Reflex Sidestep Technique says it allows you to use your Dodge defense value and other dodge charms but it says nothing about Resistance charms like our current defensive spread. SAM also specifically says that it works regardless of whether we're asleep or awake and activates automatically in any circumstances when we might fail the awareness roll to detect danger, while RST doesn't.

Basically if we get Surprise Anticipation Method we can't be caught off guard & won't suffer any debuffs from being ambushed, even if attacked asleep or if we fail an awareness roll.

[X] Train (half day)
-[X] Awareness
[X] Date (half day)

megrisvernin said:
Basically if we get Surprise Anticipation Method we can't be caught off guard & won't suffer any debuffs from being ambushed, even if attacked asleep or if we fail an awareness roll.
...actually he's right. :-[

We don't need to invest training time into Awareness, we just need to spend EXP on it. Awareness is one of our favored skills, so only the first dot requires training. After that all training times for it are instant. We're one experience point away from being able to buy both dots of Awareness whenever we want.

So I'm going to change my vote again and refocus on Fist of the Daystar so we can get some offensive charms up and running. Sorry about that.

Experience Costs
We are using a House Rule specially made for this quest. The range of abilities are divided between Exalted physics and DxD physics:

Exalted physics *(Favoured or Caste/Not Favoured or Out-of-Caste)

New Trait Xp Cost Training Time
Ability/Specialty 1/2* 6 days (3+ hours for day)
Favoured/Caste Charm 8 (Min. Ability) days (3+ hours for day)
Out-of-Caste Charm 10 (Min. Ability + Min. Essence) days (3+ hours for day)
Sorcery Spell 8 (spell circle) weeks (6 days, 3+ hours for days)

Improve Trait Xp Cost Training Time
Attribute (current rating) x4 (current rating) months (30 days, 3+ hours for day)
Favoured/Caste Ability/Specialty (current rating x2) -1 Immediate
Out-of-Caste/Not favoured Ability/Specialty (current rating) x2 Immediate
Essence (current rating) x8 (current rating) months (30 days, 3+ hours for day)
Virtue (current rating) x3 Immediate
Willpower (current rating) x2 Immediate
* In order to count as training you need to push your limits with a skill for an extended period of time, not just using what you're already comfortable with.

[X] Train (half day)
-[X] Fist of the Daystar
[X] Date (half day)

Saw that guys? Everyone who voted awareness, go change that now.

Mind you, I'll stick to my vote. But if the other is going to win, may as well be done right.

since no one wants to train War now FotDS is a all right second option I guess

[X] Relax (half day)
-[X] Turn on the Xbox, read manga, watch anime... The point is to relax. Do what you feels like.
[X] Date (half day)

[X] Train (half day)
-[X] Fist of the Daystar
[X] Date (half day)

So, does anybody here know the anime/LN, Ben-to? I'm having ideas again...

Edit: vote changed.

[X] Relax (half day)
-[X] Turn on the Xbox, read manga, watch anime... The point is to relax. Do what you feels like.
[X] Date (half day)

[X] Train (half day)
-[X] Fist of the Daystar
[X] Date (half day)

Drakebane said:
[X] Train (half day)
-[X] Fist of the Daystar
[X] Date (half day)

Just as a sidenote. Alexander should we make a schedule for next week? Given how much...discussion there is on it I wouldn't mind hashing out the points early.

[X] Relax (half day)
[X] Date (half day)

megrisvernin said:
Just as a sidenote. Alexander should we make a schedule for next week? Given how much...discussion there is on it I wouldn't mind hashing out the points early.
You can do it.

Of course, knowing what I know making long term plans... Must be done by taking into consideration epic derailments ::)

lol, first day back to school, Rias kidnaps us and her peerage for a training trip... not that she wants some alone time with us or anything, noooo its for training /snirk probably not but I think Mittelts reaction would be awesome, if rather destructive

[X] Relax (half day)
[X] Date (half day)

I'd rather Issei gets some time to unwind and relax. He's been constantly pushing himself for two weeks in-verse and needs a chance to back off, Solar excellence or not.

Alexander are there any mechanical benefits for Issei relaxing? Basically ignoring a fluff update, he might be more well rested & thus perform better on say actions tomorrow? I'm less inclined to argue against if I know that you'll consider it say by adding a bonus to say an awareness check, or Issei's reaction to an unexpected social challenge for tomorrow?

megrisvernin said:
Alexander are there any mechanical benefits for Issei relaxing? Basically ignoring a fluff update, he might be more well rested & thus perform better on say actions tomorrow? I'm less inclined to argue against if I know that you'll consider it say by adding a bonus to say an awareness check, or Issei's reaction to an unexpected social challenge for tomorrow?
No.

However, keep going without relaxing will be bad. Issei is not a machine.

Mittelt would argue that statement /snirk

however you make a good point, and its not like half a day lazing about it going to get him killed and no rest at all may very well from your statement do such

Users who are viewing this thread

Back