• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Ahjuutal_Rising_by_RalphHorsley.jpg

.​
Once upon a time, there was a war.

There always was.

The stakes were all of Creation. Heaven, Hell, the World, the Underworld, and all the Infinite Wyld. With brother against brother, and the most bitters of enemies standing back to back as they fought against unspeakable enemies and monsters.

In short, it was one of THOSE types of wars where everyone had a stake in things.

It ended with the breaking of Reality, with time and space not quite shattering but certainly cracking.

You were one of the participants in said war, naturally.

But you can't quite remember who you were.

But you know that you had survived, and that was the most important thing.

You were also currently on a small sail boat. Looking over the side, you find that you're sailing over a rather large lake or perhaps in-land sea surrounded by hills or mountains of green.

More importantly, your boat was tethered to the top of a tower that was mostly submerged. Or rather, the top of a tower within a submerged city.

Ancient and ruined. Once inhabited by people much like you, now the home of aquatic creatures.

You take note of your resources.

You have one sail boat, your clothes, your armor, and your weapon. You also had camping equipment, and enough food for a week, if you're careful, you could extend that to two weeks. More importantly, you had money. In the form of jade coins with the face of an unknown woman on it.

- - -
Exalted | After The End Quest
- - -​

Who are you?
[X] A terrible hero of old?
[X] A fiercesome barbarian?
[X] A pugilist easily forgotten?
[X] A young hot-blooded scion of an ancient lineage?
[X] A champion from a dry dusty realm?
[X] A monster?
[X] A story come to life?

Gender, Age, and Appearance
To be determined after certain choices made

What Do?
[X] Explore the tower?
[X] Strip and go swimming to the city?
[X] Set sail for the distant mountains?
[X] Write In
[X] Tanuki should get back to its OTHER quests and stories.

So I had a couple ideas i wouldn't mind seeing but don't really have the skill to run imo. Though I might try anyway.

First
Go'uld quest. be a parasite and hijack bodies.(and other things).

second
Dark elf ignites a spark(planeswalker drow anyone?)

What do people think of these. If I do run on I'm not sure if I'll make them NSFW or SFW

Devil-Tiger Among Devils

I stare at the clothes in front of me, a black blazer with white accents and matching black pants, hoping to incinerate them with my disapproving glare.

Seriously, black and white? Is there something more boorish than this? Who they think I am, a Djala? Give me green, red and purple: real colors, not this blasphemy against common decency!

[You know, you don't need to do this.] A disemboweled voice suddenly says in my mind. [You can convince those 'officers' easily. Why going to the local place of learning for young humans?]

I sigh, my fingers pinching the bridge between my eyes. 'You are perfectly right Kishala.' I tell my Unwoven Coadjutor. 'However I am still new to this world, and I lack many of the fundamental knowledge any of its inhabitants possess. By frequenting the local school I can remedy those lacks, and also forge for myself a good social cover.'

I turn and look at the mirror. 'Plus, even after 2600 years I still look like I am seventeen. I don't want to constantly use Charms to make people ignore my apparent age.

[You're the boss.] Is Kishala's simple answer.

I sigh again. Things were so much simple back in the Realm. Why, I can remember with crystal clarity how everything started...

My name is:
[] Write-in.

And I am:
[] Male
[] Female
[] Other?

I was born in a poor village near Chiaroscuro, the type of place where everyone knows everyone and is related with each other because the illustrious ancestors were shameless incestuous horny dogs.

Yes, it was that much of a shithole. Reached a certain age I wanted to leave for a better place, but sadly local traditions forbade only sons to leave the village, forcing them to take up their fathers' work.

Guess what I was? By the way, my father was a grave-digger. Bleah.

So I sought a way out. My chance came when a passing merchant took a fancy for a local girl, a friend of mine. Feigning indignation and professing (false) love for the girl I challenge the merchant, waging the girl in case of victory or exile in case of defeat.

Obviously I lose. The hardest part was feigning outrage as the merchant has five of his guards beating me. It hurt of course, but I survived.

But then, as I was leaving the village, something strange happened: a demon appeared before me, instead of eating me, proposed me a contract.

That demon was Kishala, a...
[] Choose a Demon Race.

It was:
[] Male
[] Female
[] Other?

I was offered power, sufficient power to never lose again. Apparently Kishala's masters thought I was serious when I said I wanted the girl for myself. Much later, when I told Kishala the truth the demon laughed itself sick. A great partner Kishala, the better I ever had.

I accepted the answer. After all, I was not the type to refuse free power unless the price was my free will. And it wasn't.

It's how I was reborn as a Green Sun Prince, one of the Chosen of the Yozi and Agent of the Reclamation.

Funny, uh? I realized I was tasked with over-throning the Gods and replace them with the Demon's Masters only much later.

That didn't stop me from enjoying my new status. Let not be said Demons don't know how to throw great parties. Far from it.

Of course, being a mere puppet didn't suit me. So as I bid my time and made sure to gather all the power I could, I began researching a way to, like they say, 'flip the bird' to the Yozi.

I found it. Saturn helps me, I found it: by complete accident (I read a scroll side-way while drunk), but it was it. A Charm to surpass the Yozi.

I called it "Triumphant Howl of the Devil-Tiger".

Following it I designed new Charms, each more outrageous than the precedent. It was only thanks to my Infernal comrades, that agreed to help me in exchange for me teaching them my Charm, that I survived the righteous legions of Heaven and the enraged ones of Hell.

Originally my Caste was:
[] Slayer
[] Malefactor
[] Defiler
[] Scourge
[] Fiend

But with "Tempest of Inward Focus" and "Flame of the Rising Phoenix" I re-designated it:

My Caste is called:
[] Write-in.

My Caste Mark is:
[] Write-in.

My Anima Banner is:
[] Write-in.

My Anima Power is:
[] Write-in.

My personal Urge is:
[] Write-in.

And my personal Torment is:
[] Write-in.

I also have my own Act of Villainy:
[] Write-in.

During my time as an Infernal I worked hard, and after only 2500 years of great, if often dangerous, life I reached Essence 10. I didn't create General Charms of my own, but beside my old patron Yozi (determined by the old Caste), I mastered all the Charms of three other Yozi:

[] Malfeas
[] Celelyne
[] She Who Lives In Her Name
[] Adorjan
[] Ebon Dragon
[] Isidoros
[] Kimbery
[] Oramus

My Caste/Favoured Abilities are:
[] Write-in (choose ten Abilities).

In addition I also possess:
[] Write-in. (Artifacts, Sorcery, Martial Arts...propose whatever you want)

Sadly one day, while I was kicking the collective asses of some Abyssal guys (they are so creepy), I accidentally fell into the Well of Udr.

A little trip through space and time, and I found myself in another world.

Good news: I am now safe forever from Gods and Yozi.

Bad news: I lost all my Contacts and I don't know enough about this new world to be comfortable.

And people still keep treating me like a teenage.

Fuck eternal youth.

I just hope life at this "Kuoh Academy" is going to be good...
----

As you may have realized, this is the story of an Infernal Exalt who became a Devil-Tiger and ended up in the DxD Universe. I am giving you plenty of leeway to define the MC.

Because Essence 10 Devil-Tiger.

And leave it at that.

Alex...
Are you gonna cross that with Harem King?
If so...please make it a future arc? Kay?

Nope. Unless it is a separate quest, then hell yes

kinglugia said:
Alex...
Are you gonna cross that with Harem King?
If so...please make it a future arc? Kay?
No, no cross with Harem King. This thread is to propose plot bunnies right? This is a plot bunny completely unrelated to Harem King.

Alexander said:
No, no cross with Harem King. This thread is to propose plot bunnies right? This is a plot bunny completely unrelated to Harem King.
This is a good one. But if he has already reached god mode then what will challenge him?

Yzarc said:
This is a good one. But if he has already reached god mode then what will challenge him?
Well, for starters: he's alone, he knows nothing of the world and, while he has a lot of trick, he can still die if enough damage is inflicted. Plus his motes aren't unlimited. In short he can't just start doing whatever he wants without regard for the consequences.

The quest would be to see how he interacts with the DxD World, which is...peculiar in the eyes of a Creation-born.

Alexander said:
Well, for starters: he's alone, he knows nothing of the world and, while he has a lot of trick, he can still die if enough damage is inflicted. Plus his motes aren't unlimited. In short he can't just start doing whatever he wants without regard for the consequences.

The quest would be to see how he interacts with the DxD World, which is...peculiar in the eyes of a Creation-born.
It can be done. But E10 and their charms are kinda bull shitty. Not solars like but still bulshitty

Fighter, looking upon God-king of Creation: Damn, those warblades are way overpowered! Fucking expansion power creep!

Guile said:
Fighter, looking upon God-king of Creation: Damn, those warblades are way overpowered! Fucking expansion power creep!

I'd like to see an Exalted Crossover where Taylor contracts as an Abyssal Exalted, & much in the vein of Dark! Taylor goes for revenge. But with the influence of her Neverborn master, quickly spirals into a hatred of all of those around her.

Last edited by a moderator:
megrisvernin said:
I'd like to see an Exalted Crossover where Taylor contracts as an Abyssal Exalted, & much in the vein of Dark! Taylor goes for revenge. But with the influence of her Neverborn master, quickly spirals into a hatred of all of those around her.
I saw one on SB. Also one on FF.

I have an idea for a Naruto psyker quest. You play as someone who develops a bloodline that allows you to access the Warp. In the Naruto setting, the warp is calm, much calmer then in 40k. Infact, the warp is much more like in Warhammer Fantasy in that it has minor gods or spirits and entities in it. No Chaos gods btw.

Imagine it, your character can summon warp daemons like Discs of Tzeentch(This is just an example! No Chaos gods remember) and just ride them as it flies through the air!

Anyway, you could be part of Konoha or Kiri or whatever, you could also be part of a clan or be an orphan.

Because we will be the first people ever with such abilities, the PC will have to discover how the warp can be applied to abilities in that he/she has to discover on her/his own through research and trial and error that one can make use of the warp to be a biomancer.

As for drawbacks, well despite the warp is calm, its still not safe. Its not full of daemons and creatures and shit but they do exist and a psyker, the only psyker will shine in the warp like the sun. Thus one can have a situation where for example: The PC is fighting Zabuza in Wave country, at that specific moment in time, the PC shouldn't use his/her ability cause a swarm of warp predators are passing through the warp that corresponds to the physical location of Wave and if the PC uses his/her power, that swarm will converge onto the psyker like Moth to a flame. This is dangerous and could cause the PC to be fatigued or be in pain as he/she has to focus on fending of the abominations of the Warp and not on Zabuza infront of them.

The only problem is Chakra and what do to about it. I'm thinking that the PC can't use Chakra. The PC's bloodline makes it so that they become psykers but lose Chakra.

What do you guys think?

Heaven Canceler said:
A Magical School for You!!!
Interesting~

[X] You were of old magical blood and your family is said to have practiced the art since ancient times and you have the magical knowledge to back that.

[X] It is hidden behind wards and spells in the middle of a modern city. (+Good Connection to Mundane, +Easy Access for students, -Higher Chance to be Discovered)

[X] England

[X] Rowan Hall

After deciding on a name for your school, you flexed your fingers and thought what secrets of power you would be able to teach the young and willing of this place.

- [X] Elemental Magic: Lightning
- [X] Enchantment
- [X] Transmutation

[X] It is hidden behind wards and spells in the middle of a modern city. (+Good Connection to Mundane, +Easy Access for students, -Higher Chance to be Discovered)
- [X] Enchantment

This is a very interesting Idea for a quest. I hope it continues to be developed.

[X] You were of old magical blood and your family is said to have practiced the art since ancient times and you have the magical knowledge to back that.

[X] England

[X] Rowan Hall

After deciding on a name for your school, you flexed your fingers and thought what secrets of power you would be able to teach the young and willing of this place.

- [X] Elemental Magic: Lightning
- [X] Enchantment
- [X] Transmutation

That Magical School idea? I tried to do it on Sufficient Velocity, but I lost interest and it died. Not sure whether I would want to give it another try, though anyone else is free to take a shot.

There is a city. If you were to observe at it the city wouldn't be any thing important. It's an older settlement constructed around the time the original settlers came to the continent. What does make it stand out isn't part of the reality that you can actually notice after all that ability was removed from normal people a long time ago. All you can see is the pointless doldrum bits everyone notices. Where the hues of the cosmos are all filtered away and grey. It's not exactly that in actuality. Well in a proportion of it is anyways but it's a small portion really. All one needs is to a closer view to notice what it's disguising. Mostly a graffiti dilemma. However that's a bit of color to start with right?

However the graffiti isn't as innocent as it seems. It flows to an unknown beat in the world. A bit of unknown melody that you can't hear. A rhythm the cosmos flows on. It's magic you dumbass get on to it. You don't have to be fancy. Just get the point across to them. Ahem before I was so brashly interrupted I had been discussing the art. While it doesn't look like much to you it means a lot to the inhabitants of this world. It's Synthesia. Magic Art. An image of reality forced onto the world by creative magic users. Mainly humans. What with their complete inability to what other races call natural magic. We can't manipulate the elements the way they can. We have issues with the earth, we can barely cause a breeze, water falls flat. They only true element they consider, Fire, is the only one, that humans are can really excel at. This was the basis of life for many years. However, It changed. Humans gave up magic. Well more like forced to give away magic. To make them not have to worry about the monsters under the bed. About the things in the darkness.

In giving up this magic we gave up most of the world. To exist only in places with barely any magic. Dull places in comparison rather. But in exchange for safety we gave up thee things. Our ability to exist as a so called magical race. However~ It didn't work perfectly. Some still had magic and were even stronger then normal. Was it because that the average level of a human was so low that the ones that could actually use it were so good> Who knows I certainly don't . but none the less the few that could use magic could use it better then anyone could have before then. That we know of obviously.

But humans were still awful at natural magic. So how in the world did this even work? Well, we didn't really useful natural magic. Humans figured out their talent relies more in the unnatural . thins like smog or electricity or Coal or even paper. However how did humans defend themselves before they figure all of this out? Before we had a massive anti magical wall built into the human race.

Artifacts.That's the answer I have for you. Bullshit you call. Something about precursor races having bullshit magic or technology or something right? Not in the slightest.

An artifact is a creation of human hands. Built of several things. A item, An Event, A Choice, And a Person. Now what does that mean?

Artifacts are impressions of human magic on the world. How our actions affect those around us. How being a hero or a villain means so much more. The choices people make imbued items with powers.

Which peoples used to defend themselves or cause havoc or whatever they feel like.

But let's not go into that. Let's get back to the city. Now you are like what's so important about the city. I want to talk about magic or whatever.

Well, A murder is what's so important. Wait come back. A triple murder. Well in the process of becoming a triple murder. The third victim isn't exactly dead yet. He is extremely close to it. But not yet.

But let's visit him now

*Kling Kling*

"Welcome, Welcome, come in. Sit, Sit, Let me get you something."

The man hurries about moving things to and fro trying to get things tidy for you. He didn't even notice he has a leaf on his forehead. He's a bit distracted. Was he expecting anyone?

Why did you walk into this shop?

You don't remember even going outside today. For that matter you don't remember much at all.

Last you remember is going to bed. Huh. Oh well.

You do take a seat.

"Found it."

A massive commotion comes from where you last seen the shopkeeper. You look to see a bunch of random things falling down on him.

"I'm okay."

He pops up out of the mess.

"Got the Teapot. Can't make tea without it you see."

He puts the teapot under the tap and fills it up with water.

"Any particular tea you would like? Earl Grey, Jasmine, Orange Peko, or should I just make whatever?"

The shopkeeper is eerily cheery. It's weird.

"I don't care."

You're starting to get irritated. Why are you here?

"Okay. I'm fine with that."

That grin is getting irritating.

"Do you know why you are here?"

"No. You know something don't you. Tell me."

"Getting angry? I wouldn't do that. After all you are dying. Wouldn't want to make that little bit of time you have left run out faster now would we?"

His grin has gotten much wider.

You just noticed how many teeth he has. It's not normal.

"What are you!"

"Nothing important. I'm here to act as an intermediary."

"What?"

"I'm here to offer a deal. It's much better then the other choice you have."

"What's my other choice."

"Dying of course."

"That's not much of a choice!"

"There is always a choice. I didn't say that it was a good one."

"Tell me about the deal."

"It's nothing all that bad. We'll give you some time back. Enough to change things for the better for you."

"What's the catch?"

"Always the pessimist I see. You'll lose a bit from it. It's nothing important. Certainly not to a dying man."

"Lose a bit. Like what?"

"A freedom of choice. A destiny will be forced upon you. You won't be able to run away from it."

"What is this destiny. Why are you talking in riddles. Stop trying to confuse me."

"It's not confusing at all. All you have to do is decide if you want to live or die. It seems to me to be an easy choice but I enjoying living."

"..."

"I'll take the deal. Not much of a choice but I'll take it."

"Good, Goood. We wouldn't want the story to end now. No one would enjoy it. As and then the man died there and then is a poor ending for this story. Now go on. Wake up."

Your alarm goes off.

What the fuck just happened.

And so the story begins. Not with a Once upon a time but with a choice. Will our protagonist regret this decision? Who knows? But it's his story now.

Working in progress.

Will improve.

Hey, would anyone be interested in helping me run a game of PARANOIA?

Only if I'm a white rabbit. :>

Friend computer would wish to ask if you have clearance for running that game.

Friend computer would also like to ask if you are happy. Are you happy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back