• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

XD The worst part is, I don't actually hate Nasu Gil as a character. He's an amusing little diversion, and I can't hate him outright because if I did, I'd be a hypocrite; I'm a fan of Saiyuki, for gods' sake.

That does not stop me from wanting to annihilate him, possibly via stabbing-fueled hatesex. He's a decent villain that way.

But he ain't no Dio Brando. Dio-sama dominates all this shit.

(IRONY!)

FurikoMaru said:
XD The worst part is, I don't actually hate Nasu Gil as a character. He's an amusing little diversion, and I can't hate him outright because if I did, I'd be a hypocrite; I'm a fan of Saiyuki, for gods' sake.

That does not stop me from wanting to annihilate him, possibly via stabbing-fueled hatesex. He's a decent villain that way.

But he ain't no Dio Brando. Dio-sama dominates all this shit.

(IRONY!)

I actually despise him as a character because he isn't. He's just the main glob of Nasu's own philosphical bullshit.

In other words, HE'S ANCIENT WORLD WESLEY FUCKING CRUSHER.

I like to give writers a little more credit than that until someone shows me an interview where they come across as just as douchey as one or all of their characters. I mean, the humanity getting suckier and suckier all the time thing could have just been a side-effect of some of the world-building he wanted to do, and because he's not a particularly great writer he couldn't think of a way around it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, he's actually LESS IMPRESSIVE then his real legend.

Yes, even with the Gate of Babylon bullshit.

A competent administrator who invents civil engineering out of whole cloth? Yeah, that's... kinda massively more impressive than throwing swords at people and then getting mad when they steal them.

FurikoMaru said:
A competent administrator who invents civil engineering out of whole cloth? Yeah, that's... kinda massively more impressive than throwing swords at people and then getting mad when they steal them.
Yeah, remember all that stuff about Alexander being a bro? Now imagine how it'd be if Gilgamesh's leaderly aspects were brought in sans Nasu Arrogant Cunt bs. Can you say united humanity?

Last edited by a moderator:
... is there a non-take-that-y way to have a fic where our Gilgamesh meets shiny-Gilgamesh?

And proceeds to hit on him, oblivious to who he's supposed to be at first, because hey, hot person, how'd you like to be queen for a day? *leer, leer*

(I may or may not think real-world Gilgamesh is also kind of a jerk even post-character-development. ^_^;)

Iskander was pretty much tailor-made for me to gush over, I gotta admit. Alexander the Great was one of my heroes growing up; I wanted to conquer nations and then build libraries and cities to celebrate, too. My dad had to stop me putting knives and books under my pillow.

Vindictus said:
Also, he's actually LESS IMPRESSIVE then his real legend.

Yes, even with the Gate of Babylon bullshit.
Well, yeah; Servants are never on par with their full Heroic Spirit self, not to mention he was summoned as Archer which means less focus on the wrasslin' parts of his legend.

FSN, WWE crossover.

All the servants are wrestlers.

Gilgamesh is now literally the Ultimate Heel.

Vindictus said:

FSN, WWE crossover.

Iskander breaks off and forms a new wrestling federation.

Grail-kun MacMahon is the announcer.

I'd read it.

Vindictus said:

FSN, WWE crossover.

That story could only be a one shot though Vind. You know why? No one could stop the mystical legend of Macho Man Randy Savage. How so?
659742-JesusMacho_ManRandy_SavageRaptureWWE.jpg

He prevented the Rapture post mortem.
though srsly rip macho man

FurikoMaru said:
Iskander was pretty much tailor-made for me to gush over, I gotta admit. Alexander the Great was one of my heroes growing up; I wanted to conquer nations and then build libraries and cities to celebrate, too. My dad had to stop me putting knives and books under my pillow.

That's quite a good way to grow up. :)

I am so jealous of you now FurikoMaru. Though I have to say, having a mother who reads goddamn SHAKESPEARE for a bedtime story is a childhood I couldn't pass up either :p

Well, my childhood heroes were, in order-

Merlin. Bro's a BADASS.
The Druids. Real ones, not faffy fantasy fluffbunnies stealing their name.
The Hawkbrothers.

And I know two out of three are groups, rather than unique individuals- But they were more then good enough to qualify.

I think my mother wanted to be sure I had a thorough cultural grounding; she's a non-denominational pantheist and dad's an atheist, but she still made sure I knew Bible stories and Egyptian, Greek, Norse, and Arthurian mythology. And Shakespeare, yeah. :3

My other heroes were Perseus, Loki, Isis, Cleopatra, Bloody Bess (she's my hero and everything, but let's not bullshit about, here, she was ruthless as shit), Jeanne d'Arc, and Leonardo da Vinci.

My childhood hero was Freakazoid.

The 90s were a weird time.

I'm told that I idolized Icarus as a child. Later on it was Spock, Thomas Edison, and Data. My favorite god was Hephaestus.

I always thought that something to that effect was normal for nerds, but it appears not.

Well... Dependant on definition of 'Nerd', I suppose? As well as 'Something to that extent', I guess... I mean, none of us have listed any celebrities or athletes yet.

I wanted to be Harrison Ford so I could fight Nazis and drive the Millenium Falcon and smirk at princesses and see the Holy Grail. Does that count?

I'm pretty sure that's too nerdy a desire. Sorry, you're still in the Geek Tank with the rest of us.

FurikoMaru said:
I wanted to be Harrison Ford so I could fight Nazis and drive the Millenium Falcon and smirk at princesses and see the Holy Grail. Does that count?
That sounds amazing. But yes, I think it would count as a celebrity.
Vindictus said:
As well as 'Something to that extent', I guess... I mean, none of us have listed any celebrities or athletes yet.
I was referring to kid-me's clear technophilic tendencies. Thought that was more common. Guess not. Hardly a big deal, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Now I'm wondering if you could summon Cleopatra as a Servant.

She'd be useless as shit, given all her talents are non-military, but I could see False Assassin (you pretty much had to have a way with poisons in the Ptolomaic court), Rider (dat pleasure barge), or possibly Caster if you squint (divilwoman from forn parts, etc).

And like E- Rank Divinity.

FurikoMaru said:
Now I'm wondering if you could summon Cleopatra as a Servant.

She'd be useless as shit, given all her talents are non-military, but I could see False Assassin (you pretty much had to have a way with poisons in the Ptolomaic court), Rider (dat pleasure barge), or possibly Caster if you squint (divilwoman from forn parts, etc).

And like E- Rank Divinity.
Caster Class in this one.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Roleplay/FateNuovoGuerra?from=Main.FateNuovoGuerra
Character sheet here:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/FateNuovoGuerra

For those wondering why Catmen/Laguz Quest was not posted this Monday...

MY. BELLY. IS. ON. FIRE!

I will see you when I will be able to understand what I am writing!

Idea

On March 3rd of last year your best friend died.
Her name was ______
Her busted body had been found floating in a stream
The autopsy had revealed signs of trauma matching a fall from a terminal height
But other injuries remained unaccounted for.
The police investigation had found nothing and labeled it a suicide.

You won't accept that.
Your friend may have been shy, she may have been bullied, she may even have been a little off
But she wasn't weak, she would not have killed herself
Furthermore, you happen to know just what she was doing that night she disappeared.
She had told you she would be participating in a certain game.
The police didn't listen to you.
You've decided to find out the true for yourself
You will find out who killed her.
Even if it's the last thing you do...

You are a girl investigating the death of your best friend. You follow up on the clues she left behind, to participate in the very game you believe claimed her life. You wake up in a forest alone with no idea how you had gotten there. The Host explains the rules over the loud speaker. You and 107 other people have been chosen out of the thousands that signed up to participate in this years game. You are to kill each other by any means necessary. There are impossible dangers that lurk inside the forest around you. Those who do not kill 15 other participants by the end of the 6 days shall be killed themselves, the winners shall be given a single wish. To make things interesting you each been given a bag containing 3 things, a weapon and two none lethal items of their choosing.

199X : Adventures Across the Einstein-Rosen Bridge!

It is the twilight of the twentieth century, and life in the holy American Empire is good under the august rulership of Emperor Norton the 4th as it prepares for the dawn of the twenty-first century.

But all is not well, there are those who would endanger the way of American Life, Truth, Justice and Freedom for all.

In the savage fecund jungles of Mars, the insidious remnants of the Japanese Empire-Nazi Germany Alliance skulk and prepare for the next Great War, only this time it would be between worlds.

Even on earth, in Africa, there is dissent against all of Humanity and not just America as the hyper-intelligent dictator of gorilla city, Raksha, speaks of gorilla ascension and displacing all of humanity in a perverse mockery of Darwinism.

But despite these and other dire threats to Humanity, America, and Earth, it is still a golden era of wonders and prosperity as flying cars and Zeppelin air-trains fill the skies. While a cultural and musical revolution flourishes in the Speakeasies that dot the cities of America, lighted by plotonium power plants.

More than that, humanity has step forth into the greater universe with space guns that launch void-faring ships that sail upon the solar-winds.

And it is here where you stand. What tales will they tell of you?

Will you lurk in the dark underbelly of civilization, a private dick investigating crimes for his next meal and rent?

Or will you battle the Nazi in the skies over the jungles of Mars where they have enslaved the savage but noble martians?

Dare you match wits and cold steel against the brightest and deadliest of the gorilla kingdom?

Or will you step forth into infinity, sailing upon the aetheric currents of space between worlds and battling alien menaces?

Game theme is Pulp Adventure!

Game system likely would be Adventure! by White Wolf, or Spirit of the Century...

Hahahaha... dug up from ancient threads from long lost forums... a game idea I had.... once upon a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back