• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Hey, I don't know where to ask, but where could/should I put a thread on recommending quests or RP logs?

Biigoh said:
199X : Adventures Across the Einstein-Rosen Bridge!

Game theme is Pulp Adventure!

Woo!

Flying_Imp__Elven_Spelljammer_by_juanosarg.jpg

If you're a paperback person Bii, Hard Magic. Book one of the Grimnoir Chronicles by Larry Correia

Think more steampunk with ZEPPLINS~

I swear everything I throw on here everyone wants... XD

Jans said:
That, good sir, is a vintage Spelljammer. No finer craft in the verse for crossing the dimensional sea.
It may be because I'm a massive MtG nerd and not a D&D nerd; but it doesn't look like it even compares to the Weatherlight...

That's because the Weatherlight is a God-Tier generational artifact that planeshifts from point A to point B. Spelljammers are actually meant to sail the spaces between.

Its like comparing a sailing yacht to a battlecruiser with pinpoint hyperspace jump capabilities.

So how many people over here follow Higher than the Sky over on SB? I'm debating about whether or not there's enough of a reader base to justify moving it over here - the server instability is getting really annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched the new Adventure Time Episode.

Idea: Simon Quest. You are Simon and your goal is to raise and protect a little girl in a world gone mad.

Himura said:
Just watched the new Adventure Time Episode.

Idea: Simon Quest. You are Simon and your goal is to raise and protect a little girl in a world gone mad.
Also a completely valid if someone sad/hurtful option: Being Simon and trying to get back in control of his labyrinthine mind

enthalpy said:
So how many people over here follow Higher than the Sky over on SB? I'm debating about whether or not there's enough of a reader base to justify moving it over here - the server instability is getting really annoying.

Mirror it?

ie have 2 thread and combine the votes?

Oh I have another idea!

It's a Good Quest. You play as a young 6 year old child who has suddenly developed omnipotence! There's no goal, no true consequences, just a child with the powers of God.

.minus is either the most awesome thing ever, either the most terrifying thing ever.

If we do that quest, I will fill every vote with {X}Be the Man with the Hat

The Lord Who Walks In Sorrow

Once there was a Lord. He was a great Warrior, many fell to his blade and blows were rendered futile by his shield. Surpassed in battle only by the Warrior of His court, Seven Winds Dance As One.

He was a great Artisan, crafting things of sublime beauty and everlasting being. Only the Artisan, Singer In Unseen Rain, His court Artisan, could sing greater wonders into being.

He was a great Beast Master, animals listening to his words as one of their own. Outdone only by His Beast Master, Tongue of All Beasts, to whom animals is but an extension of its being.

He was a great Sage, the World an open book to Him. Exceeded only by His court Sage, Wisdom Stays Eternal, who listen to all that is.

He was a great Leader, conquered by none, His armies crushing all that oppose Him. His home and castle kept safe by his commands. His Court kept in place by His Will. His spirit lifted only by His lady, Fair Is All That Is Well, Hope embodied.

And so it was, that the Lord Who Walks In Sorrow pondered on the subject of His Sorrow. He could not find an explanation for it, so He called upon His Warrior.

"Great Warrior, Seven Winds Dance As One. Your Lord is calling you!" His command, uttered from the throne room, made the castle quake in its foundation.

In seven gusts of wind, the Warrior came into being before His Lord. A giant of steel and blood.

"As You have called, my Lord, I have come." He says, with a voice of striking iron.

"Warrior of My court, I feel Sorrow. Why is that?"

"My Lord, You have not dominated Your enemies, nor driven their beaten forms before Your charge." Was the Warrior's answer.

"It is not that. Something else ails me." The Lord knew, that while His enemies still drew breath, they were not the source of His sorrow.

"Great Artisan, Singer In Unseen Rain. Your Lord is calling you!" Once again, His words made the world tremble.

A soft tune of raindrops came from the windows as the Artisan comes into being. A slender shape of thousands of raindrops trapped in song.

"You have called, my Lord?" The toll of distant bells, turning into words.

"Artisan of My court, I feel Sorrow. Why is that?"

"Though You reside in the castle of Your making, You have not yet forged your greatest masterwork." Was the answer of the Artisan.

"It is not that. Something else ails me." Though He would always seek beauty, the Lord knew that his craft were not the issue.

"Great Beast Master, Tongue of All Beasts. Your Lord is Calling you!" For a third time the castle shake.

Crows assemble from the corners of the room, gathering into the shape of the Beast Master. An evershifting body of birds and beetles for eyes.

"I have heard Your summons. I am here." The cawing of the crows, forming speech.

"Beast Master of My court, I feel Sorrow. Why is that?"

"All beasts listen to you but one. The noble dragon is not yet disciplined." Was the answer of the Beast Master.

"It is not that. Something else ails me." While the dragon was not yet His, the pain He felt was not the Dragon's.

As the great Lord prepares to call a servant for the fourth time, whispers fill the throne room as His fourth and last great servant arrives. A young maiden, hair of gold and skin of bronze.

"I have listened to Your question my Lord. Give me but seven days and nights to contemplate Your Sorrow."

"That you have. Wisdom Stays Eternal, when the time is past, I desire an answer."

Seven nights and seven days went past. Each day, the Lord would ask His court. "I feel Sorrow. Why is that?" But none could give Him a pleasing answer.

And at the end of the seventh night, Wisdom Stays Eternal asked her Lord.

"My Lord, I have contemplated on Your Sorrow. So I ask You, where are Your lady, Fair Is All That Is Well?"

The Lord starts in surprise as He thinks of His lady.

"She is not here. But where has she gone? And since when?"

None could answer this, but the Lord now knew why he felt sorrow.

"Fair Is All That Is Well has been taken away from Me. Warrior, Artisan, Beast Master and Sage. I command you to find My lady. She who has been stolen from Me. Go quickly! And return with her in safety!"

---

And this was an idea for a quest. Though I'm pretty sure that I don't know what to do with it :p

It sounds quite Fae like be it classical or exalted ones. if you want a system something like Spirit of Century/savage worlds?

Exalted Fae was the inspiration for them. Though I don't think I would use a game system. More, freeform. Less of a hassle.

Quick and dirt quest idea: Lunar Exalted Naruto. Because that's what he really needs, even stronger regenerative powers and shape-shifting capabilities. :p When he is to exalt is rather easy, it's just a matter to pick one of the many times he is beaten near to death, starting in Wave in canon, or if you really must, apply fanon for the old "beaten by the villagers/hateful nin" to justify it. It's also one of the few settings that wouldn't need a lot of change in the power levels to deal with an Exalted.

Problems: I don't know Lunars intimately enough to do it, so someone else would have to do it. There'd be also some problems that come from being a Lunar that might need to be addressed, and some meta problems that can be of questionable taste when dealing with Lunars.

An idea inspired by rewatching the third Pokemon movie; now with the mindset of a grown man rather than that of a child:

299px-Molly_Hale.png

Your name is Molly Hale; you're six years old and live in Greenfield with your poppa in the mansion on the top of the hill. Poppa has to leave for work a lot, so you get pretty lonely at times; but overall, you're happy. Poppa loves you and spends what time he doesn't at work with you, and that's all that matters.

Until one day, he doesn't come back...you're all alone...

All you have of him is his laptop, and these stone tiles that you begin to play with.

But all of a sudden; the tiles glow, and these weird pokemon come out from them. And...and they bring back your poppa, only he's a little different; but you know it's him.

And now you're happy; but you're getting a little bored, and now you think you want a momma too. Or maybe be a pokemon trainer! Or...well, something fun and cool.

What will you do to get to that goal though?

Yup; girl with the power to make her desires and delusions into reality, you play as her. A big factor will be Molly's mental state; the more positive emotions she feels (i.e. happiness, joy, etc.), the more stable the unown that have bonded with her and are fueling her reality-warping will be, allowing for greater control over said power and being able to manifest her desires easier. However, the more negative emotions she feels (sadness, anger, depression, etc.), the more unstable the unown and the power the generate become, generally leading to bad things happening.

Still, you're playing as a six year old with a legendary dog at your side and the Fingers of God granting your wishes and making your dreams reality, wat do?

.minus in Pokemon ? Quite interesting.

Idea: The Munchin Puella.

One of the Incubators decided to make a Puella out of a girl who just loves table top rpgs like DnD and CoC. And as such she gets out every detail about the Puella life cycle and still wants to join, only she's going to get the most out of that wish.

Examples of wishs: "I wish I was immortal!" "I wish I had infinite grief seeds!" "I wish for a genie that would grant me more wishes!" "I wish to be the strongest!"

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z9TdDCWN7g[/embed]

Skyrim Quest anyone?

So, the Dice gods on the IRC Channel have offered their wisdom- They wish me to continue Bird of Hermes.

That said, having a moment of trouble deciding whether to continue from where I left off or start a new game with a few modifications. Any opinions?

Can we go to a setting I actually know something about? : < Please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back