• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interesting Indie Games

They must have updated to .17d for the Steam release becuase I was on that for awhile. The clickable were headcrabs, Cid had the power-suit and a crowbar, Brittany had a headcrab on her, various references to Valve. That was also the update that gave clickables a chance to give rubies so it's no longer a cash-grab game. You can get those rare unlocks if you're patient enough now.

You mean that is the update that put rubies in, so it is now a cash grab game. Was never in before. No idea how long the game was in .17d, I stopped watching for updates when the Christmas decorations finally got to me sometime in February.

That which sleeps has a very interesting premise, although there is no game to play just yet.

(You are the awakening ancient evil who the chosen one must defeat.)

You mean that is the update that put rubies in, so it is now a cash grab game. Was never in before. No idea how long the game was in .17d, I stopped watching for updates when the Christmas decorations finally got to me sometime in February.

Did not know that, I just figured it was how it always was.

Meh, not a big deal. Since they gave a way to get the cash-tokens for free at the same time as putting it in, I really don't see a problem with it

Me either. I only object to stuff like that when games make it required that you pay to get something. As long as you can legitimately get it without spending I just see it as a way for people who work absurd hours at their job to stay even with those who don't have much of a life. That said most games do a poor job of pricing it for that, and it ends up cashers are way ahead. For a one player game though no issues at all with being able to speed things up with money.

Ahhh, the Steam Summer sale.

Oh how I...love? Loathe? ...I have strong feelings of some sort for it.

Anyway, lots of Indie games for Cheap right now. I'm only going to list the ones I have noticed because they were on my wishlist for cheap(below $1) or they hit a good deal. You can browse the Indie Games list or Under $5 list for more, there are too many for me to pick them all out.

Creeper World 3, Arc Eternal
I have no idea what or where 1 or 2 are, but this one is alot of fun. It's a twist on the Tower Defense gameplay where instead of having mobs follow a path, you setup defenses to push back a constantly growing flood of 'creep' and eventually push back and destroy the source objects. Great fun and for the next 21 hours after posting this(3:30 PM 6/13/15) it is 90% off, only $1.49 for the community deal.

Chip's Challenge and Chips' Challenge 2
I suppose it counts as an indie game, but it's just a retouched re-release of a very old game that originally was on the Best of Microsoft CD with Pipe Dream and Ski Free. Very puzzly and still fun despite its age. Also by the same developer, Chuck's Challenge, pretty much the same thing but in 3D....and looking at the list apparently it's also cheaper than either of the previous ones despite being over a decade newer. Probably because Chip's Challenge was only just re-released. Whatever, all three are great puzzly fun and fairly cheap right now.

Dino D-Day
It's a WW2 based FPS, that right there probably makes you nervous...but it has dinosaurs. Not much else needs to be said except that until June 22 it's 90% off so you can play as a nazi velociraptor and bite people's faces off for $0.99.

Hexcells
It's minesweeper but with hexagons instead of squares.

I, Zombie
Be on the other side of a zombie game. It's not a blockbuster title but it's fun and for $0.49 until June 22 it's well worth the money.

Last edited:
Flash games on Kongregate
Not quite, while there are free flash versions they aren't actually Creeper World 1 or 2, just spinoffs which they released for free. The main three games are separate and paid, awesome tower defence games though.

i would recommend Life is Strange, LiS is a game developed by DONTNOD Entertainment a French video game development studio based in Paris.

"LIFE IS STRANGE, takes place in the fictional town of Arcadia Bay, Oregon, where senior student Max Caulfield returns after a 5 year absence. Reunited with her former friend Chloe, the pair will attempt to uncover the uncomfortable truth behind the mysterious disappearance of fellow student Rachel Amber.But Max carries a heavy secret....She can rewind though time." .

i would recommend Life is Strange, LiS is a game developed by DONTNOD Entertainment a French video game development studio based in Paris.

"LIFE IS STRANGE, takes place in the fictional town of Arcadia Bay, Oregon, where senior student Max Caulfield returns after a 5 year absence. Reunited with her former friend Chloe, the pair will attempt to uncover the uncomfortable truth behind the mysterious disappearance of fellow student Rachel Amber.But Max carries a heavy secret....She can rewind though time." .

Just... be aware of the incredibly cringe worthy dialogue

I just played 1 and it's pretty ok.

And I feel it's cringe worthy mainly cause it's teenage dialogue - in fact, it's awkward teenage dialogue, which kinda fits the setting. (Besides, there's a lot of games that has worse...)

Eternal Senia is an ok RPG maker game that's very unpolished, but pushes the envelope of what a game of that system can make. I'd suggest it based on how long I've played it - and it's free!

Now that the Steam Summer Sale is done I bought:

NuX-Com
Mount and Blade: Warband
Age of Empires 2
Life is Strange 1-5
Recettear

Damn it, I just screwed up big time in Life is Strange Episode 2. I'm sure anyone whose played the game knows what I mean. Just, goddammit, that was a real kick to the chest. I suppose I'll see how this rest of the game plays out now that that's happened. Bu damn, I'll miss them.
i know you mean it was a kick in the feels what happened....:( so who are you shipping?

Last edited:
Damn it, I just screwed up big time in Life is Strange Episode 2. I'm sure anyone whose played the game knows what I mean. Just, goddammit, that was a real kick to the chest. I suppose I'll see how this rest of the game plays out now that that's happened. Bu damn, I'll miss them.

i know you mean it was a kick in the feels what happened....:( so who are you shipping?

Gah! Potential spoilers! I don't have the games yet but I might at some point!

Take it to PM! *plugs ears just in case before realizing that doesn't work on the internet*

Revolution Ace

If you remember Raptor: Call of the Shadows from way back, this is that but with a few extra bells and whistles.

Not much else to say save that the price can't be beat right now. Until July 20th, so three days after this post, it's 96% off. It's well worth the $0.19 to pick it up, I wouldn't have minded the $5 regular price except that I don't know if I'm actually capable of buying a game on Steam full price.

Revolution Ace

If you remember Raptor: Call of the Shadows from way back, this is that but with a few extra bells and whistles.

Not much else to say save that the price can't be beat right now. Until July 20th, so three days after this post, it's 96% off. It's well worth the $0.19 to pick it up, I wouldn't have minded the $5 regular price except that I don't know if I'm actually capable of buying a game on Steam full price.

Well that's....ummm....this statement has been sorely tested in the last few minutes.

Did a search for Raptor: Call of the Shadows on Steam just to refresh my memory on how much the redone version was and came up with 2 results. Clicked on the second one and was promptly punched in the face repeatedly by my childhood.

The 3D Realms(aka Apogee Software) Anthology Collection was apparently released on May 5th. That coincidentally is my birthday and I missed it completely.

$40 for the pack but....fucking hell.

Crystal Caves, Bio Menace, Secret Agent, Raptor, Blake Stone, Duke Nukem(1, 2, Manhatten Project, and 3D), Math Rescue, Word Rescue, Mystic Towers, Monster Bash, Major Styker.......this IS my childhood. I didn't get into console games until well into my teens but these....these played on that shitty 333 MHz comp we had and....why they put my childhood on sale and tempt me with it so hard?

Look, there's to be a THIRD remake of FF7. Companies are out to take advantage of your childhood. XP

Kittens Game

Start off as a kitten in a catnip forest. :3 :3 :3

End up 2000 years later managing space missions. And you're still a kitten. :3

The dark souls of idle games.

Just got Long Live the Queen. About to try it out now. I expect to get stomped my first few go-arounds.

I'm told to expect to get stomped your first dozen. Good luck with that.
Well, after a half dozen restarts because it was obvious I'd screwed up, I finally got going into the midgame. Then I went to visit a friend for her birthday party. Bandits attacked and I got shot by an arrow. I tried to pull it out and I died. I'm beginning to agree with the Steam review that says "Dark Souls is for people who aren't hardcore enough for LLtQ."

Well, after a half dozen restarts because it was obvious I'd screwed up, I finally got going into the midgame. Then I went to visit a friend for her birthday party. Bandits attacked and I got shot by an arrow. I tried to pull it out and I died. I'm beginning to agree with the Steam review that says "Dark Souls is for people who aren't hardcore enough for LLtQ."
Yeah, that party is infamous. I dare you to not go.

I've never played, but I want to.

Steam. If you ask me how to get Steam, then I'm going to smack you.
Meh. Have Steam. Got it when Portal 2 wouldn't play any other way. Portal 2 (received as a Christmas gift) proceeded to be too much for my computer to run at the time.

This was years ago, so perhaps it's time to dust off Steam.

This was years ago, so perhaps it's time to dust off Steam.
It is indeed, particularly if you've somehow ignored Portal 2 for all these years. It's certainly not the best game on Steam and I am biased towards difficult puzzle games anyway but it's still a great game.

Actually on that topic anyone here like Zachtronics games? SpaceChem, Infinifactory, TIS-100, KOHCTPYKTOP, or Codex of Alchemical Engineering? Similar games exist from other parties as well but those ones kind of stand out to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back