• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Jojo's Terrible Adventure

Closing votes in an hour. Here's the tally so far
[6] Inform the SPW directly that you believe there to be dangerous Stand activity. You don't know the details, but were informed that knowledge of this kind of thing was their specialty. Perhaps there is something they can do to help?
[1] Contact your grandfather. Jotaro Kujo is... not the man he once was. Without training in Hamon like his grandfather, age took him at the normal rate. He's not dead, but he has severe trouble walking, and even Star Platinum has begun to fade. He might not be in a position to fight any more, but maybe he has advice.
[1] Inform all of them. (if somehow this wins in an hour, and I doubt it, there will probably be consequences to trying to coordinate with all at once)

I'm sorry about the long delay. Combination of looking for work, other projects, and having to take my cat to an emergency clinic has left me with little time and motivation for this. I have not given up on the quest, but it might be another day or two before I can get an update out.

I'm sorry about the long delay. Combination of looking for work, other projects, and having to take my cat to an emergency clinic has left me with little time and motivation for this. I have not given up on the quest, but it might be another day or two before I can get an update out.
That's fine. All things considered, this quest actually updates fairly quickly. I've seen quests that can go weeks between updates before.

Yeah no it's cool man, these things happen. Take your time, it ain't no worries! Hope your cat's alright man.

Thanks guys, means a lot. And my cat's fine, he's currently right here with me. The poor guy had to spend that night at the vet for treatment and monitoring, but it was something very easy for them to fix. We're doing some follow up stuff to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Prologue 7
[X] Inform the SPW directly that you believe there to be dangerous Stand activity. You don't know the details, but were informed that knowledge of this kind of thing was their specialty. Perhaps there is something they can do to help?

Your mother might have wanted out of the world of the Supernatural, but she wasn't going to leave her child in the dark. She told you what you needed to know in case things started to turn ugly. One phone call and a pass phrase later and you're talking to the Speedwagon Foundation Supernatural Research Department. You tell them about your encounter with Thomas, the murder by arrow on the news, and your general suspicions. You're call is soon forwarded to a third person.
"Hello, this is Lawrence Shaw. I was given the bullet points before your call was transferred. I'll be frank, Joshua, we suspected something was amiss when we heard about such an unusual murder weapon, especially in an area hosting two heirs to the Jostar bloodline. Your report seems to confirm our fears; that someone in your area has gained possession of a Stand Arrow. Unfortunately, our capacity for direct action is limited. As powerful as we are, the Speedwagon Foundation is a private entity, not a legal one. Even if we were, whoever has the arrow is almost certainly a Stand user themselves, so us normal humans will likely be powerless against them. However, we are not powerless. We have plenty of connections with underworld, primarily information brokers and related groups. We will make sure to keep you posted on information as soon as we acquire it." Lawrence pauses for a moment, before sighing heavily. "As much as it pains me to do this... we may need your help. Our records show the tests Ms. Kujo brought you in for, we know all about your Stand. As today's events showed, you will be roped into this, regardless of what you desire. However, if you go forth willingly, maybe you can do more to control your fate. I can't make you do anything, but here is my offer. We will supply you with information about strange occurrences in your area that may lead you to other Stand users. Try your best to either recruit or interrogate them, neutralizing them if needed. Hopefully this will lead you to whoever holds the Arrow. I won't lie, this is dangerous work. Stand Users are prone to violence, considering Stands are manifestations of the will to fight. But as a Stand User yourself, you're bound to face them eventually. The choice is yours. Take as long as you need to decide."

[ ]Hunt the Arrow
[ ]Refuse
[ ]Contact them at a later date
[ ]Write in

So ends the prologue. Your choices here and in previous posts should be enough for me to include more dialogue and action, since I'll have a better image of Joshua and I won't have to consult you guys for everything he says and does (though plenty of decisions still go to you, and Joshua can change over time).
Also it has just occurred to me that this takes place in 2030 at the earliest, whoa. Things probably won't have strayed too far from the modern day, though tech can be assumed to be functionally better while practically the same (higher definition, more durable, stabler connections, all cheaper). It's just more manageable for me this way.

[X]Hunt the Arrow

We're protagonists, right? No way this could go badly?

Soon I'll try and get to work putting together the character page, for now let me try and get Woodkid's stats down.

Destructive Power: C
Speed: C
Range: E-D (about 5 meters, or 15 feet)
Durability/Staying: C
Precision: B
Development Potential/Learning: ?

The limit of the developmental potential is hard to estimate, because it will largely be based on what you guys think up.
Note that these stats may increase if you find a way to use the power of your stand to help in that area. His precision is because his power can reliably transform only part of an object (I've decided to give you guys that much of a hint), his actual precision of movement seems closer to that of a human.

So its Destructive Power/Strength, Speed, and Durability/Staying Power is rather average, Its Precision is the highest, and its Range is short but it works. Now we need to figure out its quirks and limitations so we can plan around them.

Pretty much. Keep in mind, C is defined as average for a normal human. So woodkid himself is probably only as strong as you are, until you factor in his power.

Is Woodkid made of wood, or the spiritual equivalent of wood? Can he change himself?

Is Woodkid made of wood, or the spiritual equivalent of wood? Can he change himself?
An excellent question! An answer shall be provided the next time there's enough of a break for Joshua to start experimenting with Woodkid's power (most likely the very next update). Afterwards, when it looks like he'll have a decent amount of free time coming up, I'll put up options on what he might do, including experimenting with Woodkid. Specific questions like these have a better chance of producing an answer than just "misc experimentation", and what in particular is experimented with will probably come to a vote.

Sorry for the longer than usual delay, things have been a bit weird the last few days, but hopefully I can update again soon.

Going by these stats, how would Star Platinum compare?

Star Platinum's official stats

Destructive Power A
Speed A
Range C
Durability A → B
Precision A
Developmental Potential A → D

I'm surprised at his range stat, since that's listed as 20 meters, but I've never seen him more than a handful of feet from Jotaro.

Initially, Jotaro was using Star Platinum to steal things to keep him occupied in prison, so it's definitely got some range to it.

Good point, I forgot about that. In that case, I'll bump Woodkid up to C (20 meters), but be forewarned it will probably be a pain in the ass to function where you can't see, and at farther distances probably not as strong as he is up close. Because even though he's about as capable physically as a human, Woodkid is a really shitty Stand.

Don't worry Joshuah, there was an even shittier Stand than yours back at the Dolphin Prison. So crappy in fact that your mother never learned it's name.

Which one was that, again? I can't seem to recall anything that bad.

Ah yes, Survivor, described by both Pucci and Dio as one of the most useless Stands ever. It made people who already wanted to fight fight, and they could see each other's weak points.

Chapter 1: Sick Puppies part 1
[X] Contact them at a later date

"That's a hell of a lo to take in," you say. "I'm not saying no yet, but it isn't the kind of thing you decide in five minutes."
"Of course," Lawrence replies, "Take all the time you need. Our department was made to help your family, not the other way around. We'll still make it a point to send you warnings if we believe you might be at risk of an imminent Stand attack, but you are under no obligation to pursue suspects. You obviously know how to contact us, don't hesitate to do so when you make up your mind. Whatever you choose, myself and the Speedwagon Foundation wish you luck."

Hanging up the phone, you think about what you'll do next. Whatever you choose, though, your life is about to get more complicated...

Morning shines down on your home as you depart for school. The previous evening, you decided to experiment with Woodkid, to help prepare for any future conflicts. It turns out he counts as wood, though much like anything he transforms he has to touch the area in question, with changes spreading from there. You'll have to experiment some time to see just what effects changing into different kinds of wood has on him. Come to think of it, you aren't sure what type he's even made out of...

As you reach the entrance of the school, you spot Thomas messing with Screamer, the small stand darting between his fingers. He knocks it off when he spots you, giving a clearly forced wave before heading in. It would seem you left a bit of an impression on the guy. Making your own way inside, you spot a crowd of girls surrounding... actually, it's just thick enough, you can't even tell who or what. Still, they seem to be a pretty even mix of impressed and excited. You decide it might as well be worth checking out.
You manage to get a few people to give you enough room to see what the fuss is about. At the center you find your answer. A relatively pretty boy is holding what is, hands down, the fanciest stuffed animal you have even seen. A bear at the core, it's wearing an elaborate dress, complete with a number of frills and ribbons. If you had to guess from the way some parts shine, there's not a small amount of silk in there. All around, it seems to be an impeccable example of craftsmanship.
"Impressive isn't it?" After a moment you realize that was addressed to you.It seems one of the girls saw you examining it. "He's been bringing these in the past few days, says he makes them by hand. Kinda hard to believe, but I can't really think of where you'd buy something like that."
It seems the boy has also taken notice of you, though he's not saying anything other than agreeing to the occasional request to turn the doll this way or that. You suppose you do stand out as currently the only man in the crowd.
[ ] Ask him about the dolls. It is a pretty impressive skill.
[ ] Get moving. You have more important things to do than look at teddy bears.
[ ] Write in

[X] Ask him about the dolls. It is a pretty impressive skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back