• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Later on Taylor puts this poster up on her wall.
the-shawshank-redemption-starring-tim-robbins-morgan-freeman-rita-hayworth-thomas-pollart.jpg

Gauss later came into her room to check for escape tunnels.

I can just see Toybox selling 'instant/portable escape tunnels' using posters like this. Working like a cartoon portable hole...

Maybe Lisa sends Taylor one in her fan mail? "Salvation lies within. -V."

Lily came into her room to check out the poster~
The PRT keeps confiscating all of her posters, and as such she is extremely jealous that Taylor found a loophole that lets her yet away with it.
I can just see Toybox selling 'instant/portable escape tunnels' using posters like this. Working like a cartoon portable hole...

Maybe Lisa sends Taylor one in her fan mail? "Salvation lies within. -V."
Well Taylor does have a number of fans in the independent parahumans faction so who knows what kind of fan-mail she gets these days.

Plus there is the fact that messing with the Wards during movie night when they have been corteous despite being caught in the middle of a fight between Taylor and the government would be bullying. In fact if she does that then Taylor becomes Madison, a girl who restlessly bullied Taylor in petty ways not because she was a psycho or she hate anything about her in particular, but because doing so was an easy way of getting in Sophia and Emma's good graces and due to her circumstances Taylor couldn't properly defend herself. And in this case attacking the Wards who are at worse a reluctant tool of the adults, knowing that they have to take the abuse for as long as the strategy of the PRT/Protectorate is for her to make friends would be far too much like being like Madison tripping her in the classroom or make rumors where she can hear, and Taylor most certainly is no Madison.
I want to point out that I wasn't advocating messing with the Wards more than picking movies that have some relevance to Taylor's situation when it's her turn to pick a movie.
The only other thing I advocated was her playing with her phone the whole time to indicate that she's showing up as ordered but not really participating as she doesn't want to "bond" with the Wards or have anything to do with them. I came up with the idea from a time 30 years ago when my mother was offended by me grinding in Final Fantasy Legend I or II (can't recall, though it could have been Sword of Hope or Final Fantasy Adventure, those are the four games on the Game Boy that I own that needed lots of grinding) on my Game Boy while watching a movie she or dad rented for me that I had picked out. I was just doing some mindless grinding to level up, and intended to save and stop when I'd finally gotten my stats high enough to progress in the game. It took minimal attention and was boring, but that's why I was grinding while watching TV. Anyways, mom was offended because I was "playing games instead of watching the movie". She didn't understand that I was doing both, and didn't understand grinding. Heck, I didn't know the term yet myself, and wouldn't until the late '90s when I got access to the internet. I had the concept down, just not the vocabulary.
Anyways, I figured at least one of them would notice her using her phone instead of watching and get offended, and word would get back.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that only happens if a parahuman is in a situation that mirrors their trigger to a significant degree. Otherwise, their powers just remain at default. So honestly I doubt getting them therapy would actually adversely affect power levels in any real fashion as the overwhelming majority of parahumans avoid situations that remind them of their trigger events like the plague anyway.

Actually... you're kinda wrong there.

Parahumans have a Tendency of putting themselves back into situations that mirror their trauma. It happens alot... it's therapy and outside help that helps to point out to them that they shouldn't be doing that and thus keeping them from progressing their power.

And Mirroring their trauma isn't as simple as 'goes back into a locker and suffers inside it' it's more of 'This situation FEELS claustrophobic and makes me feel small therefore it reminds me of the time in that fucking locker'. Learning to identify and avoid those things is not easy since the Worms operate on the FEELING of it rather than the strict actuality.

Actually... you're kinda wrong there.

Parahumans have a Tendency of putting themselves back into situations that mirror their trauma. It happens alot... it's therapy and outside help that helps to point out to them that they shouldn't be doing that and thus keeping them from progressing their power.

And Mirroring their trauma isn't as simple as 'goes back into a locker and suffers inside it' it's more of 'This situation FEELS claustrophobic and makes me feel small therefore it reminds me of the time in that fucking locker'. Learning to identify and avoid those things is not easy since the Worms operate on the FEELING of it rather than the strict actuality.
Parahuman powers don't get stronger over time only specific capes like Dauntless and tinkers actually grow stronger and that's just how their powers work, and while parahuman powers do increase slightly when they are back in the same situation as their triggers that is just a temporary increase and the powers will go back to their normal strength after that event. All this progressing power you are talking about is just parahumans learning more about their abilities through training, experience, and experimentation the actual strength of the power rarely if ever actually increases outside of the parahuman having a second trigger which leaves them in a worse state than their original trigger thus needing more therapy in an ideal situation. Overall, getting the help they need a parahuman is likely to live longer and learn more about their powers and as such will be better in the field than a parahuman who never receives any form of closure from their trama.

Last edited:
All this progressing power you are talking about is just parahumans learning more about their abilities through training, experience, and experimentation the actual strength of the power rarely if ever actually increases outside of the parahuman having a second trigger which leaves them in a worse state than their original trigger thus needing more therapy in an ideal situation.
And then you have cases like in canon where Taylor's abilities explicitly just kept getting an increase in range over time, because QA is a cheating cheater who cheats.

So if your Shard is willing (or confused) enough to break the rules for you and like you enough, they will subtly boost up your abilities. And if they don't like you... You get Leet.

It's less "rule-breaking" and more that shards have a lot of latitude. If they like what you do, you get increases in power, or less restrictions, or whatever. If they don't like it, well, then you get for example bursts of uncontrolled power usage, like in Canary's case.

And then you have cases like in canon where Taylor's abilities explicitly just kept getting an increase in range over time, because QA is a cheating cheater who cheats.

So if your Shard is willing (or confused) enough to break the rules for you and like you enough, they will subtly boost up your abilities. And if they don't like you... You get Leet.
It's less "rule-breaking" and more that shards have a lot of latitude. If they like what you do, you get increases in power, or less restrictions, or whatever. If they don't like it, well, then you get for example bursts of uncontrolled power usage, like in Canary's case.
Exactly because in the end the trigger event doesn't really matter to the Shards other than serving as a means to give the host powers, and after that any fluctuations in a parahuman's strength is dependant on if the host does things that the Shard likes which can be summed up as gets into plenty of fights and uses power creatively so it wouldn't matter if the host seeks out therapy or anything so long as they keep using their power in new ways and fighting other hosts the Shard should remain pleased with them. As for QA well she is a very special case and besides she had 'Best Host' so naturally she was going to help out Taylor as much as she could.

I know that the fact that Taylor is a vigilante is spreading around the Boston department, but what about the BB Wards has Weld told them about Taylor's new hobby and how will Emma react to Taylor's choice in extracurricular activity.

I know that the fact that Taylor is a vigilante is spreading around the Boston department, but what about the BB Wards has Weld told them about Taylor's new hobby and how will Emma react to Taylor's choice in extracurricular activity.

It really doesn't seem like Weld would let them know anything. I imagine that the Boston... Everything, likely holds at least some level of enmity towards the BB department for landing them with Taylor. Who is successfully being a pain in the ass, a wedge for division, and a tragic, heartstring tugger, all at the same time.

It's not like Weld could put trust in anything Gallant says, the guy oversaw the team and apparently never noticed two of his teammates torturing someone. Not to mention the possibility of him saying anything getting back to Taylor, making a bad situation even worse.

Though I could see Emma stalking the Boston PHO threads and seeing something about 'Ghost' or some such.

It really doesn't seem like Weld would let them know anything. I imagine that the Boston... Everything, likely holds at least some level of enmity towards the BB department for landing them with Taylor. Who is successfully being a pain in the ass, a wedge for division, and a tragic, heartstring tugger, all at the same time.

It's not like Weld could put trust in anything Gallant says, the guy oversaw the team and apparently never noticed two of his teammates torturing someone. Not to mention the possibility of him saying anything getting back to Taylor, making a bad situation even worse.

Though I could see Emma stalking the Boston PHO threads and seeing something about 'Ghost' or some such.
Canonically Weld is trusting, almost always to his detriment (except when talking about M/S protocols, there he is properly cautious). We already hear in Emma's interlude that he and the BB Wards are keeping a communication line open regarding Phase, so some updates would be logical. That said, regardless of how trusting and indiscreet Weld is or isn't, there's no way in hell Weld would talk about Taylor being suspected of becoming a vigilante on any unsecured form of communication, the chance of it being intercepted either by a bad guy (in particular in the town where Accord lives), the PRT doing a security check (valid since they are talking about confidential information in the first place) or one of the many Thinkers who are trying to poke Phase is simply unacceptable high.

Maybe, and that's a really huge maybe, they would talk about it face to face, but considering the current relationship between BB and Boston and the fact that canonically the BB Wards were never volunteered to visit other branches or were visited in turn makes it unlikely at best, a practical impossibility outside an Endbringer fight at worse.

I imagine Emma would find out due to internet snooping, hell she probably knows about the disaster that was the Wards base tour if she has been following news about the Boston Wards. I also feel that Emma wouldn't be able to keep her mouth shut about it to certain people so there might be a chance that Taylor does see some blow back about her hobby from the ENE department kicking up a fuss rather than anyone in the Boston department doing anything about it.

If Emma does find out about Ghost I am pretty sure she would be at least somewhat happy for Taylor.

I imagine Emma would find out due to internet snooping, hell she probably knows about the disaster that was the Wards base tour if she has been following news about the Boston Wards. I also feel that Emma wouldn't be able to keep her mouth shut about it to certain people so there might be a chance that Taylor does see some blow back about her hobby from the ENE department kicking up a fuss rather than anyone in the Boston department doing anything about it.

If Emma does find out about Ghost I am pretty sure she would be at least somewhat happy for Taylor.
Emma can be discreet, in fact the current problems wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't able to shut up since even with the school covering up the bullying she would have benn caught long ago if she was careless about who to brag about what. If Emma somehow discovers that Taylor is moonlightning as a vigilante she will keep quiet until she can speak with someone she believes can keep the secret, which at this point of time is no one, particularly not Sophia after they split due to Emma feeling remorse.

For a leak I am betting more on Roulette, the only Boston Ward that is somehow not understanding just how delicate and precarious is the situation with Phase both for the unwilling Ward and for the organization at large. If she gets in contact with any of BB Wards I can almost bet that she will ask what's the sitch is with her and will offer a lot of gossip in exchange, which wouldn't be that bad since the ENE Wards are also painfully aware of just how delicate is the entire affair and how much more it would hurt them if the word spreads farther. The real risk is if Roulette talks with Wards from different regions, because they won't have any reason at all for discretion and their PRT and Protectorate minders won't be particularly vigilant to plug any leaks since quite literally this disaster is not their problem so they have no reason to be wary at all.

And if this goes into the national grapevine then the Directors of every region will finally have an excuse for a more direct intervention, and I can assure you none of them will have the best interests of Taylor or any of the other Wards in mind.

Emma can be discreet, in fact the current problems wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't able to shut up since even with the school covering up the bullying she would have benn caught long ago if she was careless about who to brag about what. If Emma somehow discovers that Taylor is moonlightning as a vigilante she will keep quiet until she can speak with someone she believes can keep the secret, which at this point of time is no one, particularly not Sophia after they split due to Emma feeling remorse.

For a leak I am betting more on Roulette, the only Boston Ward that is somehow not understanding just how delicate and precarious is the situation with Phase both for the unwilling Ward and for the organization at large. If she gets in contact with any of BB Wards I can almost bet that she will ask what's the sitch is with her and will offer a lot of gossip in exchange, which wouldn't be that bad since the ENE Wards are also painfully aware of just how delicate is the entire affair and how much more it would hurt them if the word spreads farther. The real risk is if Roulette talks with Wards from different regions, because they won't have any reason at all for discretion and their PRT and Protectorate minders won't be particularly vigilant to plug any leaks since quite literally this disaster is not their problem so they have no reason to be wary at all.

And if this goes into the national grapevine then the Directors of every region will finally have an excuse for a more direct intervention, and I can assure you none of them will have the best interests of Taylor or any of the other Wards in mind.
True Emma can be discreet, but she has recently had everything she has done thrown back into her face so she isn't in a good place right now and can't really be relied on to make good decisions especially inregards to things involving Taylor so a slip up is within the realms of possibility. Perhaps she tells her dad and her dad tells Danny and Danny contacts the Boston office to ask what the hell is going on, just as an example.

For Roulette I believe she does know how bad the situation is but will leak it anyways simply to cause something to happen to either get Taylor on the team fully or get her removed from the Wards due to her own personal frustrations. So yeah Roulette is number one on the potential leak list and if it foes get back to someone like Piggot I can imagine she makes a large fuss to Armstrong that either forces him to act or call her out on her bullshit.

Last edited:
Perhaps she tells her dad and her dad tells Danny and Danny contacts the Boston office to ask what the hell is going on, just as an example.
Alan Barnes is a lawyer painfully aware of how vulnerable is Emma's legal position at this point in time, he is the last person who wants any gossip about Taylor leaked since not only his daughter is at real risk of going to jail, but he is also at direct risk since he was the Character Witness for Sophia and at best he was a little too liberal with his praise for the girl, and at worst he outright lied under oath so having his law licence suspended or worse is a possible outcome if Sophia or Emma get in front of a judge.

So yeah Roulette is number one on the potential leak list and if it foes get back to someone like Piggot I can imagine she makes a large fuss to Armstrong that either forces him to attack or call her out in her bullshit.
Piggot is not a serious threat, she has virtually no political capital at this point of time and would get into bigger problems than Armstrong if this gets in the open.

Someone like Tagg on the other hand...

Alan Barnes is a lawyer painfully aware of how vulnerable is Emma's legal position at this point in time, he is the last person who wants any gossip about Taylor leaked since not only his daughter is at real risk of going to jail, but he is also at direct risk since he was the Character Witness for Sophia and at best he was a little too liberal with his praise for the girl, and at worst he outright lied under oath so having his law licence suspended or worse is a possible outcome if Sophia or Emma get in front of a judge.
Maybe, but also maybe not because from what I remember there isn't that much of an investigation going on only some YG people looking in and even then it is very likely the situation gets resolved in house because so far there have been no charges formally filed against Emma or Sophia due to Danny folding like a house of cards and Piggot burying the situation best she can. There is also the chance he tells Danny about it to get it leaked as a means of distracting what ever investigation away from is daughter by pointing out what Taylor is doing, and while Alan is personally ashamed of his daughter that doesn't mean he won't throw an old friend under the bus to protect her hell he might flip against Sophia if he thinks it can get Emma a better sentence if the YG does find enough evidence to go after them.
Piggot is not a serious threat, she has virtually no political capital at this point of time and would get into bigger problems than Armstrong if this gets in the open.

Someone like Tagg on the other hand...
Like I said with Alan she could possibly spin as a means to distract from her own problems by trying to shift focus onto Armstrong's department due to Taylor.

Emma isn't really in danger the way Sophia is, on account of how she isn't a probationary Ward, Sophia has already made a probationary bargain, and so if the truth come out, it's proven that Sophia can't be trusted to stick to a probationary bargain, and she need to be punished, to prove that probation isn't a get out of jail free card, it's a deal, and if you fail to live up to your half, you lose it, Emma however isn't on probation, and the crimes she committed, are within the limit of what capes will be offered probation for, so the consequences for Emma if the truth come out, is most likely just a probation agreement that place some restrictions on her.

Alan is in a heap of trouble if it comes out though, so I agree with that part of the analysis, I just don't think Emmas position is that bad, as it take a lot for a cape to not qualify for probation.

Alan is in a heap of trouble if it comes out though, so I agree with that part of the analysis, I just don't think Emmas position is that bad, as it take a lot for a cape to not qualify for probation.
I think the main thing that could get Emma in more trouble is the fact that she was a Ward when she commited her crimes, because its one thing for a civilian or independent hero to do what she did but its another when a Ward is caught breaking the law so the penalties are probably harsher as to set an example to others who think because they work with the Protectorate they can get away with whatever they want.

I think the main thing that could get Emma in more trouble is the fact that she was a Ward when she commited her crimes, because its one thing for a civilian or independent hero to do what she did but its another when a Ward is caught breaking the law so the penalties are probably harsher as to set an example to others who think because they work with the Protectorate they can get away with whatever they want.
There is also the fact that when pondering the sentence the judge takes into account the motive for commiting the crimes as well as the behavior during the period, which is the reason why Emma's dad was so important as a character witness in Sophia's behalf. Commiting a crime out of sadism is a lot moreserious that commiting exactly the same crime for economic reasons or in a fit of anger, also commiting a crime with a person under probation and knowingly encouraging, aiding and covering crimes that break the conditions of the probation is never seen in a good light by the DA or the judge, in particular since as a Ward part of the responsabilities are to report crimes, even off-duty, not commiting them herself.

And another thing that a judge will take into account when grating probation is that the crimes were commited as a Ward, so she wasn't able to take the commitment as the honor and responsability that it represents and in fact she abused the rights and privileges of her office to act with greater impunity. So it might be that the judge put Emma under probation, but he at the same time might revoke her participation in the Wards program since she has shown herself uncapable of being part of law enforcement and unworthy of the other benefits that come with the program. In fact it would be fun to male an omake like that, its an interesting twist to see Emma come every week to the PRT HQ to give an urine sample and adjust her tracking monitor while the rest of the Wards gossip behind her back and Piggot rages at the lost of manpower.

That might make it somewhat harsher, but I still don't think they would take it beyond a long probationary term with some extra requirements, because they really want capes, and they have given capes with way worse crimes behind them probationary deals(Madcap breaking birdcage bound prisoners out.)

There is also the fact that when pondering the sentence the judge takes into account the motive for commiting the crimes as well as the behavior during the period, which is the reason why Emma's dad was so important as a character witness in Sophia's behalf. Commiting a crime out of sadism is a lot moreserious that commiting exactly the same crime for economic reasons or in a fit of anger, also commiting a crime with a person under probation and knowingly encouraging, aiding and covering crimes that break the conditions of the probation is never seen in a good light by the DA or the judge, in particular since as a Ward part of the responsabilities are to report crimes, even off-duty, not commiting them herself.

And another thing that a judge will take into account when grating probation is that the crimes were commited as a Ward, so she wasn't able to take the commitment as the honor and responsability that it represents and in fact she abused the rights and privileges of her office to act with greater impunity. So it might be that the judge put Emma under probation, but he at the same time might revoke her participation in the Wards program since she has shown herself uncapable of being part of law enforcement and unworthy of the other benefits that come with the program. In fact it would be fun to male an omake like that, its an interesting twist to see Emma come every week to the PRT HQ to give an urine sample and adjust her tracking monitor while the rest of the Wards gossip behind her back and Piggot rages at the lost of manpower.
Yeah the motive is also important and I don't think a judge will accept 'I just wanted her to be stronger' as an excuse so she will get no points from that. But again that is all reliant on it actually going to court which the PRT is seemingly going out of their way to avoid because they know there is no positive way to spin it that makes them look good.

As for the omake idea I say do it.
That might make it somewhat harsher, but I still don't think they would take it beyond a long probationary term with some extra requirements, because they really want capes, and they have given capes with way worse crimes behind them probationary deals(Madcap breaking birdcage bound prisoners out.)
Madcap took a deal from Legend directly so I don't think an actual investigation or trial occured and Madcap was officially listed as missing with the rumor that the Protectorate made him disappear around the same time Assault showed up. As for the PRT's desire for capes while it may make it so they won't throw Emma out of the program I do suspect she would be in a worse position than Sophia was originally with the added fact of they now hopefully know not to make the same mistakes as they did with Sophia, but again it is Piggot's department so they might not and list it as a lack of resources as to why they can't keep a closer eye on their troublesome Wards.

Last edited:
Madcap took a deal from Legend directly so I don't think an actual investigation occured and Madcap was officially listed as missing with the rumor that the Protectorate made him disappear around the same time Assault showed up. As for the PRT's desire for capes while it may make it so they won't throw Emma out of the program I do suspect she would be in a worse position than Sophia was originally with the added fact of they now hopefully know not to make the same mistakes as they did with Sophia, but again it is Piggot's department so they might not and list it as a lack of resources as to why they can't keep a closer eye on their troublesome Wards.
She almost certainly would get a worse deal than Sophia got, but that's because Sophia got an overly generous deal, where only a single corrupt PRT agent was keeping an eye on her in her civilian life, Emma getting a harsher deal, is likely to involve more oversight, no turning a blind eye to unsanctioned patrols, and probably transfer to Arcadia, since the PRT is already watching that school much more closely than Winslow.

They might also take the opportunity to extend the probation longer, so instead of the probation ending when Emma turn 18, it will follow her some years into adulthood.

But none of that is terrible for Emma, most of such restrictions wont really bother her, as she's already trying to change, and unlike Sophia she want to be in the Wards, and want to graduate to the Protectorate, so aside from the fact that Probationary members, are paid somewhat worse than members in good standing, most of the probation restrictions aren't going to bother her much, and even probationary Protectorate pay, is a lot more than the wage most 18 year olds can expect to earn.

I remember a year or two ago that in Youtube a saw a Real Life video in which a bunch of teens accused of manslaughter after throwing rocks to a highway and causing an accident were in the court after accepting a plea deal with the local DA, it was much to their surprise that the judge, after reading their very irresponsible commentaries of how awesome had been the accident, on the way they decided to keep quiet on the accident and other factors, decided against accepting the deal and ordered that they would be tried as adults instead of juvenile court. It was obvious that both the teens and the lawyers from both sides were shocked, a stark reminder that the DA can offer only recommendations for sentencing and the last word comes from the judge.

And the procedure is always the same for plea agreements, the police or in this case PRT/Protectorate can send a recommendation to the DA of how to charge the youth offenders, the DA fills whatever charges they feel are consistent with the evidence, testimony and other factors that would influence its viability in front of a grand jury and the following jury trial. If the offenders take a deal then they plea guilty in front of the judge and proceed with the sentencing at which point the DA gives the judge their recommedations for the nature and lenght of their punishments, and finally the judge after reviewing the case, the evidence and even the attitude of the accused is the one who accepts -or rejects- the plea deal and the conditions in it.

In other words the PRT can't get a plea deal without getting in one point or another in front of a judge, and they are under the obligation to give access to the judge to evidence, depositions and statements for him to evaluate the deal in question, in fact he can interview people related to the case, including the victims before accepting the deal. In fact one of the first things their own lawyers tell those accepting any kind of plea deal is to be in their best behavior in front of the judge even after he signs the papers, because even afterwards the judge got ways of punishing those who get in his wrong side.

I remember a year or two ago that in Youtube a saw a Real Life video in which a bunch of teens accused of manslaughter after throwing rocks to a highway and causing an accident were in the court after accepting a plea deal with the local DA, it was much to their surprise that the judge, after reading their very irresponsible commentaries of how awesome had been the accident, on the way they decided to keep quiet on the accident and other factors, decided against accepting the deal and ordered that they would be tried as adults instead of juvenile court. It was obvious that both the teens and the lawyers from both sides were shocked, a stark reminder that the DA can offer only recommendations for sentencing and the last word comes from the judge.
That's technically true, but don't forget that a case can be appealed, which will be done by a separate judge, and the PRT have a lot of influence, if they fail at getting a judge that will allow a probation agreement, then they're perfectly capable of judge shopping for a judge that will.

There's limits to that of course, but they require that multiple of the most PRT friendly judges, feel so strongly about what Emma did, that they are ready to deny the Protectorate a cape.

That's technically true, but don't forget that a case can be appealed, which will be done by a separate judge, and the PRT have a lot of influence, if they fail at getting a judge that will allow a probation agreement, then they're perfectly capable of judge shopping for a judge that will.

There's limits to that of course, but they require that multiple of the most PRT friendly judges, feel so strongly about what Emma did, that they are ready to deny the Protectorate a cape.
Except that is not the Protectorate who is losing a cape but the Wards, and the Wards are not supposed to get into serious fights anyway, how motivated are going to be in the Protectorate/PRT to burn a large amount of goodwill with their preferred judges (including making an enemy of the original one) for an auxiliary that causes a lot more problems that she solves? Better yet for them to wait until she is out of juvie in order to introduce as a junior Protectorate cape than to deal with her directly for years under the watch of a YG who is already taking every possible opportunity to bench her anyway.

Are we sure that Emma even wanted to go Protectorate after she aged out of the Wards because from her dialogue during her interlude it sounded like she was rather enamored with Sophia's solo act, so perhaps she was only in the Wards because her dad signed her up due to him being there for her trigger event and she planned to go independent with Sophia once she was old enough. Of course her thoughts are probably different since she is trying to change but from my understanding she considered the Protectorate as an organization more interested in selling plushies than protecting girls in alleyways.

Except that is not the Protectorate who is losing a cape but the Wards, and the Wards are not supposed to get into serious fights anyway, how motivated are going to be in the Protectorate/PRT to burn a large amount of goodwill with their preferred judges (including making an enemy of the original one) for an auxiliary that causes a lot more problems that she solves? Better yet for them to wait until she is out of juvie in order to introduce as a junior Protectorate cape than to deal with her directly for years under the watch of a YG who is already taking every possible opportunity to bench her anyway.
The problem with that is, she's already a problem case, and Juvie typically don't cause people to be more favorably inclined towards the government, so recruiting her at the end of her sentence is likely to be hard, recruiting her by offering to get her out of her sentence, has a far higher chance of working.

That's why they want her in the Wards, because they want those years to endear her to their organisation, so she will sign on as an adult.

The problem with that is, she's already a problem case, and Juvie typically don't cause people to be more favorably inclined towards the government, so recruiting her at the end of her sentence is likely to be hard, recruiting her by offering to get her out of her sentence, has a far higher chance of working.

That's why they want her in the Wards, because they want those years to endear her to their organisation, so she will sign on as an adult.
But to the point of wasting this amount of legal and political effort? Emma's powers are not Eidolon level, frankly are barely at Regent's known powers. They are not going to be of use against an Endbringer or an S-class threat, her background as a Ward is probably giving the legal department headaches about future lawsuits, currently her very presence in the team got the entire ENE Wards grounded by the YG as her primary victim is looking for ways to get her case to a jury as well as being a potential PR bomb that might set back the Wards Program as well as the Probatory Ward system for years.

There are virtually no good reasons to keep her in the Wards and plenty of good ones to put her in ice for a few years.

Last edited:
But to the point of wasting this amount of legal and political effort? Emma's powers are not Eidolon level, frankly are barely at Regent's known powers. They are not going to be of use against an Endbringer or an S-class threat, her background as a Ward is probably giving the legal department headaches about future lawsuits, currently her very presence in the team got the entire ENE Wards grounded by the YG as her primary victim is looking for ways to get her case to a jury as well as being a potential PR bomb that might set back the Wards Program as well as the Probatory Ward system for years.

There are virtually no good reasons to keep her in the Wards and plenty of good ones to put her in ice for a few years.
That's not how the PRT is generally portrayed though, Emmas crimes are a good deal below the limit for what mean they wont offer probation, so they want her, they might not judgeshop multiple times for her, but they're probably going to make sure the first judge she comes before, is someone that are open for going along with Emma getting put on probation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back