• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Kalga's Shipyard (& misc doodles)-Oakman Branch

comparison_by_markpoe_dd7oty8-pre.jpg

Kinda sad that after 5 years it looks like I actually devolved a bit, but to be fair there were plenty of times when I pretty much stopped drawing either due to lack of time and energy, or depression. Oh well, no use musing on the past. Time to look forward.

misc_by_john_oakman_dd7ybhw-pre.jpg

The nice thing about having a consistent character is the ability to experiment with various potential outfits and stuff...
This being a modified (think of it as halfassed) uniform of the Maken colonial militia. After the unification of the planet and military the Makens adopted Memento military styles (because picking existing national styles is just asking for more unrest because people will scream favoritism and butthurt), hence the VeeGee style insignia.

Obviously this pic is not part of The Stars are Bare. I'm just using my OC as a dress up doll for the moment.

BTW, Abstergot , I just realized that your military insignia looks like a stylized dog paw... I'm slow sometimes.

I didn't intend it to be that, it just... came out that way. The perils of designing insignia on the fly for consistency, y'know.
On the bright side, more excuse to call the VeeGees bitches right? :D

(this is why I'm so damn glad I'll never meet face to face with any of my characters, because I'm pretty sure they all hate my guts)

On the bright side, more excuse to call the VeeGees bitches right? :D

(this is why I'm so damn glad I'll never meet face to face with any of my characters, because I'm pretty sure they all hate my guts)
I might hate your guts too for that awful, awful pun, but I'm sure I can find some way to forgive you. In fact, hmm... a planet of dog-people? Imagine some naïve young girl getting mad at the crew and going "y- you, you... bitches!" as if it were the strongest insult she knew :D

dodi__21_by_john_oakman_dd8nqey-pre.jpg

Next thing you know, us millennials are killing the stock market, because we're not stupid enough to throw good money after bad. Or you know, timing...

Hmm... are you making money now? You seem to be up $90 since the last time you posted that.
It's a daily snapshot, which doesn't necessarily mean much. The one from two days before showed a +$500 loss. It kinda yoyos around in the red for the most part still, and given a number of factors that I won't elaborate due to rule 8 I think it'll continue to get worse for a while before I'm out of the red again...

...I hate to break it to you, but her shirt didn't shrink. Her torso just grew an extra foot. And she lost (what little) breasts she had, or the deformation of the shirt would be entirely different.

"Artist got lazy" is right :p

costume_change____by_john_oakman_dd91tq0-pre.jpg

Scanner was a bit wonky this time around, and a bit more experimenting with some editing tools and stuff.

dodi__25_by_john_oakman_dd9dp8a-pre.jpg

It's really hard for me to be serious for any extended period of time...

F-117 Nighthawk much? On the one hand, it's a pretty nice model, on the other... you've got some pretty nasty shading errors going on. I'd suggest checking your vertex and face normals, as well as making sure that the affected faces are either triangles or quads - looks like you might have a few ngons that are causing issues with shading there.

Alternatively it could just be GMax's viewport display engine. That's always a possibility.

EDIT: also, it's a little hard to tell just what is going on in the image. Perhaps rendering another angle for cross-reference might help.

It is still a work in progress, so a few things are still subject to change (probably more minor details so it won't look so bare... damn it that wasn't supposed to be a pun there). I might just try to incorporate those shading errors into the story or something (impurities in the handwaveium alloy or something).

Although I'm sure I'm going to recton the Emergence A from originally being a variant of the Emergence, but now being an entirely new class... though I don't think anyone will be paying much attention to minor details like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back