• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Lagging/Loading issues

...So is this thread just going to be a bunch of us confirming this thing is happening with nobody coming around to tell us anything about it?
Yeap. They'll figure it out, just have faith. Our mods are great, but quiet.

I'm having the most trouble with links from my updates. Not so bad once I'm actually on the site.
Huh, my main link I use to access the site is actually the alerts page, so that is the one I see the most issues with. I'm not sure if its selection bias or not, but interesting point.

Edit: I use forum.qq.com on mobile, but I just tried just qq.com and it was fully down, fyi.

Last edited:
I've also been experiencing lag whenever I use the site.

To be more specific, Loading up QQ's home page and the various forums on PC is as quick as usual. The lag is especially noticeable on mobile, though. Sometimes, my phone manages to load the home page no prob, but lags tf out when I try to open threads. Then I either get a "this page could not load" screen or a default style page( ie white screen, black text, and blue hyperlinks. May or may not have images).

Yeah I'm also having issues with things not loading/taking a while to load. I'm on mobile (like plenty of others in this thread), and honestly I'm hoping that this gets fixed soon.

Pretty sure we are all getting hit by this. Both Operas are also affected.

I have the same issues, specially in mobile.

#MeToo
Few forums been hacked lately. Has the tower got struck?

Last edited:
If you look at the error message it gives you, it tells you to turn off adblock.

It's probably something that XenForo is doing to pressure people into dropping adblock so that they can push ads.

Iirc SB and SV went onto a stronger version of protection from cloudflare to deal with some security related issues, and consequently things were slowed down a bit, perhaps some update related to XF2 has done the same to QQ?

Just so you guys know, we are aware of the issue and our admins are looking into it.

Mega let them know that there are various probing and data mining (copying posts and stories) going on a number of similar sites at the moment. It's mainly being trafficked from the East Asian hubs. We have added a few blocks from those accessing through those areas at the moment.

This has been ongoing for the past several months on various sites.

Last edited:
Been having an issue all day with the loading of QQ taking longer than normal or just getting shunted to the 'Cannot Load' page. Is there something happening in the backend or is it just new forum growing pains?
been having the same issue. I restarted my network thinking it was on my end, but it still keeps happening. after 10-15 seconds, either the page will load or I will have an "error loading page" and have to refresh again.

Just so you guys know, we are aware of the issue and our admins are looking into it.

In case it helps, for some reason I'm not having issues whatsoever on my Ad Blocker Mobile Browser. But I am on Firefox on my computer.

Not really sure why but thought I'd throw that data point out there in case its a clue in any way to what's causing the issue.

I think I'm having the same issue and since I'm browsing from three devices the discrepancies between them might help :p

Worst is my older smartphone, so maybe an older version of android issue? On it the bug persists for an hour or a few and no amount of refreshing helps.

On my newer phone and laptop the issue happens about as often or more, but refreshing quickly lets me get through

EDIT: On the latter two devices, after I take some time to finish reading a chapter, trying to like that chapter invariably fails until I refresh. Like the connection to the servers is cut after a moment of inactivity.

Last edited:
Yeah, i think this is a chrome deal, i logged with microsoft edge to see if it has the same problem and its running smooth with no lag or loading issues

I'll throw in my own existence to the list of peole it's effecting

I use Firefox both on PC and Android. On both of them this problem persists. After initial lag it works fine? So i guess wait and see what QQ staff cooks.

In case it helps, for some reason I'm not having issues whatsoever on my Ad Blocker Mobile Browser. But I am on Firefox on my computer.

Not really sure why but thought I'd throw that data point out there in case its a clue in any way to what's causing the issue.
Perfect. I just tried this and it looks like things load normally via Ad Blocker mobile. Other mobile browsers are still super slow. Thanks!

this problem is just not going away

we gotta sacrifice someone to the tech gods

I advocate whoever wrote that story with the android-orgasm toaster. He has obviously offended the powers that be.

I will say for me it's far more consistently happening on IOS than PC. However PC regardless of browser will occasionally have it happen as well. I'm actually wondering if it's on our side at all and if the issue might be some dead node cellular is more likely to be routed through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back