• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Lagging/Loading issues

In case it helps, for some reason I'm not having issues whatsoever on my Ad Blocker Mobile Browser. But I am on Firefox on my computer.

Not really sure why but thought I'd throw that data point out there in case its a clue in any way to what's causing the issue.
Interesting because I'm having issues with my regular Chrome on my phone but no issues with my Adblocked Firefox on PC. Mhm.

No ad blockers have ever been present on my systems. Mobile I'm on an older model iphone using the default safari browser. Desktop I'm running Firefox. Both are experiencing the issue. Phone feels worse, but I can't quantify that, and it could just be my phone has a slower connection in general rather than anything real.

On chrome.

The speed isn't quite back to where it was, but it only takes a few seconds to load rather than a few minutes like it was previously.

While I can clearly access the site now (hence this post), for the last three days I couldn't load any QQ pages on my PC, Mac, iPad, or smartphones (iOS and Android), all that I would ever receive is a 'timed out' message. Several third-party websites eg Is it down, reported QQ as being down during this time, so I think the problem was more serious than it might initially appear.

I've been away from computers for a few days, but now getting back to look into this.

I am no longer seeing the problem, and I don't see any issue on the server end. We've had lag spikes like this before, usually for mysterious reasons. However, this one was worse and lasted longer than usual.

I'll be setting up more diagnostics to look into causes, in case this continues.

Yup, haven't been having issue myself for a while with this, so whatever it was it seemed to have passed

Last edited:
Problems seems to have gone away from me as well.

Incidentally, at the peak of this issue I also had problems with youtube for a day, with videos taking forever to load unless they ran at 144p.

My current theory is that some internet infrastructure got damaged and QQ was just an incidental victim until they fixed it.

Figured I should add that the issues have gone away for me as well.

I had problems on firefox mobile, on Android, for the past few hours which just resolved. I was away from my PC so I couldn't use my desktop during that time to get comparison data, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back