• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Magic School Quest

[x]Mental [1 Int, 0 Cun, 4 Will]
[x]Social[Charisma 2, Appearance 2, Leadership 1]
[x]physical [3 Toughness, 1 Agil, 1 Str]

Since there has been no voting... GM choice wins.

Mental- Int 0, Cnng 5, Will 0
Social- Cha 1, App 3, Lead 1
Physical- Str 3, Tough 1, Agi 1

The dice roller is having an interesting mood today.

EDIT- Okay, nice last minute catch there Lar. I'll leave it a bit longer.

Not my favourite spread, but I already voted for that and it went nowhere.
Let's just go with the crazy fox.

Vindictus said:
Since there has been no voting... GM choice wins.

Mental- Int 0, Cnng 5, Will 0
Social- Cha 1, App 3, Lead 1
Physical- Str 3, Tough 1, Agi 1

The dice roller is having an interesting mood today.

EDIT- Okay, nice last minute catch there Lar. I'll leave it a bit longer.
Wait we'd be as dumb as a rock and a rotten coward and can't be pressed for anything, while being stupidly insanely cunning in an animalistic way.
While being rather pretty and averagely charaismatic and leader which should compensate for beign a spineless retard.
And we'd be a Jock.

A Jock. The Orphan would be a second rate Jock.

Less 'Dumb as a rock' and more 'I skipped all my classes, how the HECK did I get accepted into college?'

Also, none of the mental traits have anything to do with bravery/cowardice. You're more... Unmotivated.

Also, a side note- it's easier to raise a lower stat up than a high one. So, that particular bit of dice roll craziness isn't necessarily bad...

Not quite.

A jock could never reach 5 in cunning.
That's an entire rank above genius.

A jock would also have more physical stats.
Strength alone does not turn you into a jock.
A Nerd build could have had more strength than us.

Essentially, we are a goodlooking, kinda stupid and impulsive, somewhat strong guy with so fucking much cunning.
Like Fox levels of cunning.

You are surprised when the acceptance letter from Brownworthy arrives for you.

Honestly, you hadn't expected to get any letters back from the colleges you had applied at- You had done so mostly because the Matron at the orphanage had insisted on you doing so.

School... You remember when you were a little kid, and doing your homework had been so important... It had made your mother happy, when you showed her an A. But after the accident, school just brought back memories that hurt too much, and you found yourself skipping classes and unable to stop and focus on the work long enough to do it. You don't know why you aren't at the bottom of the class, considering.

Giving the letter a final look, you tuck it into your pocket and head inside with the rest of the mail. Naturally, the Matron is waiting.

"Did you get any response from the colleges, Tony?"

[]???

[x]Tell her about your acceptance letter and that you fear it's for mad science to be worked on your body. You grades are in the tube.

[X] Tell her about your acceptance letter from Brownworthy.

We are perfectly stated for a politican low knowledge and willpower but incredibly cunning.

...are we Australian Tony Stark?

A quick mention- Cunning is pretty much exactly what it sounds like.

and 5 in a given stat is beyond peak human, lower end supernatural.

So, do you really think that someone with superhuman cunning... Is going to get tricked and conned into doing anything he doesn't want?

Seriously, you have more things to worry about with your AD-oh-hey-look-butterflies!

Vindictus said:
A quick mention- Cunning is pretty much exactly what it sounds like.

and 5 in a given stat is beyond peak human, lower end supernatural.

So, do you really think that someone with superhuman cunning... Is going to get tricked and conned into doing anything he doesn't want?

Seriously, you have more things to worry about with your AD-oh-hey-look-butterflies!
You're right. He may not care enough to change it with his anemic will power.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I did get an acceptance letter from one college," You admit. "Brownworthing, in Australia."

The Matron looks at you oddly. "Australia?" You pull out the acceptance letter and hand it to her. She looks it over. "Why did you apply for a college in Australia? A Mage's College, at that!"

.. You can't remember, honestly. "It must have gotten mixed in with the rest," You reply. It does seem odd, between your having basically skipped school as a whole and the college itself being in a different country.

"Well, at least you have someplace willing to take you," The Matron allows. "Look, Tony- You're a clever boy, I know, but now that you're going to college you need to put some work into school. This is a better chance than I had ever hoped for you, and I don't want you to waste it."

[] How do you respond?

Planning for the trip to school-
[] How do you prepare? [Flight to Australia is paid for out of your trust fund]

[X] "Of course, I'll take this seriously."

Surely we have at least some skill at giving empty platitudes.

[X] Look the place up and acquire stuff you might need. No need to be unprepared.

[X] "OK, Make sure I don't get caught."

[X] Look the place up and acquire stuff you might need. No need to be unprepared.

[X] "OK, Make sure I don't get caught."

Having a five in any mental stat seems to mean that we aren't ever really going to be dumb as in clinically retarded. Rather we have little drive to learn or do better at book learning and such.

We aren't incapable of learning, it just makes us remember our trauma. Since we don't like that, we obviously avoid things which cause us to be triggered. As someone with a similar response to school in general...

I can sympathize.

[X]I wont mess this up. I promise!

Come will up.

[X]Hit the Internet!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Matron sighs with relief. "Good. I wish you the best, Tony."

As you pack your things, you decide to take a look at what the place is about. Brownworthy Academy of Magic is apparently a fairly old institution, and one known for it's graduate's general competency. The curriculum apparently has a high priority on practical lessons, although otherwise it seems to fit a fairly standard curriculum- The Freshman Curriculum is standardized, with introductory classes in the basic schools of magic alongside more mundane schoolwork.

After some consideration, and a few glances at the mention of 'Practical Courses' in Australia and your own pair of worn sneakers, you buy yourself a sturdy pair of boots and some heavy socks, as well as a compass and a watertight tin of matches. You also grab a pack of playing cards on the way to the checkout- It was nice of the Matron to have kept you so long instead of kicking you out, and it wouldn't feel right to steal the orphanage's deck.

You consider buying a knife just to be safe, but you're fairly sure you wouldn't be able to get it through customs and the letter and site do not mention the college's policy on weapons. You'll have to ask in person when you get there. You're sure that you'll be able to find a knife down there if they're allowed.

One excessively long flight later, you find yourself scanning the airport in Sidney for the person you're supposed to meet.

[] Wait in the lobby. The other person is probably searching for you, too.
-->[] What do you do while waiting?
[] Search for the person you're supposed to meet. You know it's supposed to be a teacher.
-->[] How do you search?

[x]Search using your daring cunning to pry information from officials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back