• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Magic School Quest

[X] Wait in the lobby. The other person is probably searching for you, too.
-->[X] Get your cardgames out and play a bit for fun. Maybe you can even get some more information about Brownworthy Academy out of other players.

-->[X] Get your cardgames out and play a bit for fun. Maybe you can even get some more information about Brownworthy Academy out of other players.

I kind of want to see what tanking in intelligence and will power to stat up cunning to superhuman ability does for us actually. I want to see how it plays out. SB always starts off with a high intelligence, I kind of want to see what a low one is like.

[X]Card Game Bandwagon.

Ride that bandwagon like a five dolla ...

Well, you certainly could try to find the teacher sent to pick you up.

Or you could wait out in the open, where you can be easily found by the teacher, and let him-or-her find you instead. Moving around lots will probably just make you both miss each other, after all. Much easier this way.

Settling down at a small table in the lobby, you pull out your cards and begin shuffling them. Soon, a couple other people who had been waiting around in the lobby move over to the table with you and sit down- A smaller girl, and a tall, skinny black man. You smile, and ask simply "What game?"

The girl starts saying something, but the black guy cuts her off with, "Go fish. It's all I know how to play."

With a shrug you shuffle the cards one last time, then begin cutting them. "So, what should I call you two? And what brings you two down to Sydney?" You ask curiously. The black man shrugs, and the girl frowns at him. "Jerome and I came down from New York for school," She admits. "I'm Lauren, by the way. Lauren Fauster. You?"

The last card dealt, you place the deck in the middle between you three. "Anthony Reynard," You introduce yourself as you pick up your hand, "And I'm down here for school as well. I don't suppose you two are going to Brownworthing, are you?"

Jerome looks at his hand idly as Lauren replies. "Oh, you too? I had heard that the Acadamy took a lot of students from other countries, but I hadn't thought it would be more than one or two a year! I wonder if there are any others?"

So do you, honestly.

As you continue the game, you focus on-
[] Attempting to make Jerome join the conversation
[] Continuing your chatting with Lauren
[] Keeping an eye out for your teacher
[] Something else

[X] Attempting to make Jerome join the conversation
By [X] Continuing your chatting with Lauren

[X] A little bit of this, a little bit of that~

"So," You ask as you look your cards over, "How do the two of you know each other?" Jerome shrugs, and asks Lauren if she has any Fives.

"Nope, Go Fish." Turning to look at you, she continues, "Well, he's my cousin on my mother's side so I've known him since forever. When we both got acceptance letters for here, we decided to go together so we'd have someone we knew around. Any Queens?" Jerome twitches slightly when she asks you that. You wonder...

"No," You smile. "Go fish." Looking your hand over once again, you smirk lightly. "I'm sorry Jerome, but I'll be taking that five of yours." He hands it to you, and you slap it and your own five down with a flourish. "So you two are cousins, huh?" They look nothing alike, honestly. "I don't want to pry, but..."

"Then don't," Jerome interjects. "Lauren, do you have a Queen?" Your suspicion is confirmed as Lauren hands over her card with a scowl.

"Don't be mean, Jerome!" She insists before turning back to you, "Honestly, it's not that big of a deal- My uncle married a black girl instead of a white one is all. Nothing wrong with that."

"Nothing at all," You agree quickly. After a moment of silence, you raise an eyebrow. "It's your turn-"

"Actually, sorry to break the game up," You turn quickly to see a young man in a fine black suit walking up, red hair bound into a loose ponytail. "I'm Mr. Riot, Brownworthing Acadamy's... Groundskeeper, I guess you could say." He stops and looks you all over. "Huh. I was told I'd be picking four students up. Where's..."

Screams start up outside. Mr. Riot stops for a moment then dashes out. After sharing a look, you and the cousins follow him.

Once you reach the outside, you see Mr. Riot blast what appears to be a giant locust of some kind out of the air with what appears to be a fireball. As it drops to ground level, you realize that the thing was easily the size of a small car. It howls, and Mr. Riot curses under his breath.

"Those Weta just don't know when to strop growing, do they?" He comments, as energy gathers around his hands.

[]???

[X] Admire fireworks. From cover. Definitely seek cover first.
-[X] Invite the other students to join you in hiding from scary stuff.
--[X] If it goes on too long, go back to playing cards.

Mr. Riot seems to have this under control.

[x]Get some improvised weaponry and attack the weakpoints with brutal cunning.

useless101 said:

Mr. Riot seems to have this under control.

When will people learn not to bring foreign species into an ecosystem. It always screws it up.

It can cause so many crop problems, wipe out natural species, and result in giant jumping death insects of doom.

- >[X] Invite the other students to join you in hiding from scary stuff.

Right... Your ride is apparently busy fighting a particularly resilient giant insect. You could probably help, but honestly? He seems to have it well in hand so you're just going to step right over here, behind this very sturdy looking tree, before you continue watching. Lauren gets the idea quickly, and follows you fairly quickly- Jerome hesitates, but after a moment he follows you as well.

The fight doesn't take very long to finish, all told- Mr. Riot seems entirely too at home fighting the monstrous bug. Of course mages do tend to be the first called on whenever something supernatural starts happening, due to being far more suited to solving most problems of a supernatural sort than any mundane investigator... You suppose he must have gotten some practice in.

As the bug's smoldering carcass lets off one last cry you hesitantly step out of hiding. Mr. Riot doesn't even appear to have worked up a sweat.

"Right, now that that's taken care of..." He begins, turning to face you, "Did you happen to see-"

"Ahhh, I'm so late!"

Mr. Riot pauses with a wince. "... Please tell me that's not the last student." And how the hell should you know?

A few moments later, a young-looking Asian girl runs out of the lobby. "Excuse me, have any of you seen anyone from Brownworthing Academy here? My flight's departure was delayed, and I only just got in right now-"

"Yup, it's the last student," Jerome comments. Mr. Riot sighs and turns to the girl. "Right, you're Chun-Dia, then?"

"Yes," She states, before attempting a clumsy curtsy. "I'm Zhang Chun-Dia, a pleasure to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too," The groundskeeper says. "Now that we're all here, let's get moving- If you're hungry, we can grab something on the way."

[] What do you do on the rest of the trip to Brownworthing?

[X] Keep socializing.

Not really having any other ideas, since playing cards isn't really possible in a van.

[X]Read your wasteland survival guide: Australia edition
[X]Fall asleep during the introduction.

[X]You are a bit hungry now that you think of it.
[X]Why don't you get to know the new girl a bit?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back