• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Make a Contract With Me! [Lag Backup Thread]

Deadly Snark said:
Man, I don't know what's more annoying, losing all the weekend bonus, or just missing all the updates.

Everything is terrible :( What's worse is that there's still no sign that the mods are actually able to do anything about it.

It's already on record that people will literally help pay to fix the problems, but apaprently the guy who manages the server still doesn't have time to help with us :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Lag is over, quick! TO THE SB MOBILE!!

Dammit, Rihaku slept through the break in the lag.

TheOtherSandman said:
And the lag has returned.
I have a request to make; one to Rihaku, to the players here and on SB, and to myself included.

Can we not say anything about the lag? Like, nothing at all: no announcing it's over unless you're letting people know here on QQ, no commenting on there being a lack of or abundance of it, no praises or curses of it. Just...nothing. Everyone just nods their heads in happiness when it abates and continues on their day.

Sorry if I sound standoffish about this; but it's been steadily annoying me little by little as the repeated praises, announcements, and comments on lag happen every single time it happens or is different from the norm. It's getting to the point of ridiculousness here; you don't need to say anything about it, everyone can see what's going on themselves without the commentary. It's wasting posts and space at this point.

For a moment, it looked like the lag was gone. I should have known it was too good to be true.

Kyubey has been withholding information concerning the fate of our world for a moment where his life is in danger. He's non-cooperative and will stay that way, and he could weasel his way out of the one question he promised to answer.

EnderofWorlds said:
you don't need to say anything about it, everyone can see what's going on themselves without the commentary.
People reading the archives don't.

Eler0 said:
People reading the archives don't.
What do you mean 'People reading the archives don't'? Have you tried to get into SB in lag time? The shit's down for hours at a time, you're lucky to get your post in a half hour after you make it or see the next page when you hit the arrow button. The constant amount of times you have to reload to get the forum to function makes it clear that lag is happening.

I don't understand how one can miss SB lag when its effects are so blatantly obvious.

EnderofWorlds said:
What do you mean 'People reading the archives don't'? Have you tried to get into SB in lag time? The shit's down for hours at a time, you're lucky to get your post in a half hour after you make it or see the next page when you hit the arrow button. The constant amount of times you have to reload to get the forum to function makes it clear that lag is happening.

I don't understand how one can miss SB lag when its effects are so blatantly obvious.
They could be lucky and be in a European timezone. Which means they'd be asleep when lag struck.
Unless like me you don't sleep at all till morning.

Malcolmo said:
They could be lucky and be in a European timezone. Which means they'd be asleep when lag struck.
Unless like me you don't sleep at all till morning.
Then it doesn't affect you and commenting on it is freaking pointless; that doesn't invalidate my point.

EnderofWorlds said:
Then it doesn't affect you and commenting on it is freaking pointless; that doesn't invalidate my point.
It'd explain why people stopped talking for periods of time though the constant talk of lag is getting a tad repetitive.

Malcolmo said:
It'd explain why people stopped talking for periods of time though the constant talk of lag is getting a tad repetitive.
That's why I'm asking for people to stop talking about it; because we don't need an announcement every time the forum twitches, it just wastes posts and pages.

EnderofWorlds said:
That's why I'm asking for people to stop talking about it; because we don't need an announcement every time the forum twitches, it just wastes posts and pages.
Have those become a limited resource since I last checked?

Winged One said:
Have those become a limited resource since I last checked?
Page count has recently been halved per thread, so it'd be nice if we didn't spend posts with pointless comments about the lag. Because chances are likely that they may halve page count again to 50 if it'll fix lag.

EnderofWorlds said:
Page count has recently been halved per thread, so it'd be nice if we didn't spend posts with pointless comments about the lag. Because chances are likely that they may halve page count again to 50 if it'll fix lag.
It won't. Page count was reduced to as low as twenty, before the forum was migrated to Xenforo. The server just can't handle the traffic, and the admins have refused to disable unregistered users' ability to browse the forum or create a Kickstarter for a new server. The only person who could actually do something (Kier) is nowhere to be found, despite his law suit having ended over a year ago. Oh, and the forum's software is now outdated; Xenforo 1.2 came out recently. Meanwhile, the number of idiots howling for BROB to be shut down grows by the day, despite the fact that raw traffic is just as big a problem as the execrable system used to handle new posts.

Me? Bitter? No way.

Orm Embar said:
It won't. Page count was reduced to as low as twenty, before the forum was migrated to Xenforo. The server just can't handle the traffic, and the admins have refused to disable unregistered users' ability to browse the forum or create a Kickstarter for a new server. The only person who could actually do something (Kier) is nowhere to be found, despite his law suit having ended over a year ago. Oh, and the forum's software is now outdated; Xenforo 1.2 came out recently. Meanwhile, the number of idiots howling for BROB to be shut down grows by the day, despite the fact that raw traffic is just as big a problem as the execrable system used to handle new posts.

Me? Bitter? No way.

Hear Hear X_x

Kind of feels like most of them are just trying to buy time for Kier to descend from on high and deliver a solution. Despite the fact the guy obviously has more important things to worry about then a forum that isn't making him any money.

Incubator Analysis 2.0.
Required reading: Original Analysis
I'm ignoring the difference between the italicized and non-italicized Incubator speak. I couldn't find a link between what is and isn't italicized, so I'm just assuming it was just a formatting thing that Rihaku stopped doing later on.

I want to re-emphasize the last two quotes, because I didn't analyze them close enough and more information has been revealed. We now have confirmation that this Kyubey is not from our world, and that a major war is going on. I no longer think that it is a civil war, but there's still lots of information to think about.
"My apologies," Kyubey responded, "I've suffered extreme damage and am still not fully healed. I don't have any memories of you, or any other Magical Girls in this world. Even as a Magical Messenger, my knowledge is limited, too."
Kyubey is making entirely separate statements here. "My apologies" means nothing. He has suffered damage and needs healing- obvious, we already knew that. He has no memories- We just got confirmation that my previous analysis was correct and he only recently came to earth. Obviously he would have no memories, he hasn't been here before and you don't load every terminal with all of the data. Normally he would just ask the mainframe for the info, but the damage means that he can't do that. Quite possibly, something is wrong with the mainframe as well.
"It is possible," Kyubey interjected, "though I can only speculate, that we Messengers may have chosen to begin creating Magicians sometime after you asked." It slumps slightly, ears pointed down. "I wish I could be more helpful, but I only have access to a few of my abilities as I am now."
Again, two entirely separate statements. The knowledge of the creation of male mages is one thing. The ability access is another. The two have no real connection. This Kyubey may not have actually been involved in the incubation process prior to its arrival on Earth. The "Magical Messengers" no doubt have other jobs as well- political management/secrecy maintenance, soldiers for the war, scientists and engineers, etc.

It's important to note that the term Incubator has been use before. Interestingly enough, we may soon be getting to the opening quote in the prologue.
"In the stories of your world, magicians that grow powerful are corrupted and fall into darkness. It proceeds naturally, then, that since you'll eventually become a Lich, you should be called a Magician."
---
Long, long before the Incubator uttered those words, its life and yours were in danger.
Except for this, the only time we've used the word Incubator is in the prelude to a vote. I'm not sure if that counts as entirely IC thought or not, but I'm pretty sure it does. This means that we know that they're called Incubators as well as Magical Messengers, though we probably do not know why. The quote for that is as follows:
Experience has shown the Incubator is unlikely to be forthcoming; it will likely just emotionally reassure the Magical Girl with vague promises and deflections.
Anyway, onto the new content, starting with the other incubator.
"Please...help..."
---
"My name...is Kyubey...a Magical Messenger! I can fulfill a magical wish for you...in exchange, you will become a Magician...destiny of battle...heal me..."
---
"Will honor...intentions...please quickly..."
---
"Your wish...is granted."
Compare this to our Kyubey. Ours had this whole recovery procedure thing that I still think was faked, ours managed to give a whole paragraph-long speech before actually doing anything, and our asked us to wish for its healing.
In response to our wish, Kyubey stated
"Congratulations!" The creature croaked, visibly straining as a prismatic force poured out from it into the heavens. "Your wish has...surpassed...the limits of entropy..."
This is considerably more involved than "Your wish... is granted." We can safely assume that Tetsu's incubator was even more damaged than our was. This in turn may have been the reason our Incubator was able to successfully hack Tetsu's. Heck, our incubator may have managed a complete takeover on Tetsu's at that time. He may have had a backup this whole time.
If Kyuubi hadn't blown its load granting his own wish
---
Kyubey mentions that Hino has high magical potential. It wants to be healed, so it can make a contract with her.
---
Normally I wouldn't be at all into anything involving combat, but eternal youth and beauty sounds hard to pass up.
The Kyubeys can't make new contracts- or at least, it wants to he healed more before it does so. I'm pretty sure we don't actually know about the eternal youth thing, which means that that's the wish Eri was thinking about. I'm not quite sure exactly what this means, but I don't think it suggests that Eri will last very long if she does contract. Still, word the wish in such a way that eternal youth includes eternal human-ness, and something strange may happen.

Kyubey, curled up in a ball, rolling along the side of the circular table, playfully batting at it tail.
(Note: grammar error, should be "its" tail)
Nothing much beyond noticing that it's acting playfully, similar to how it was around Madoka. I don't think we've seen it act like that around us- which means it's putting on a show for Mami. This suggests that it has come to analyze Mami well enough to realize that she reacts positively to it looking cute.
Yellow ribbons lashed out, materializing out of thin air, and captured the white-furred creature in a firm but not painful grip. Kyubey squirmed, as if making itself comfortable, and regarded Mami expectantly.

"Can I help you, Mami-san?"
Not painful: Mami was affected by it looking cute. Kyubey almost certainly was expecting something like this to happen. Even then, it was making itself appear nonthreatening and non-aggressive and treating its binds as a comfortable resting spot.

Kyubey struggled to its feet. "Ryoushuu. Mami-san. I haven't been entirely forthright with you in the past, but I had truly good reasons for that. This Magical Girl cannot tell you the truth about me, because I am not a Magical Messenger from this world. If you incapacitate her by removing her limbs and moving her Soul Gem 100 meters away from her body, I will tell you the complete truth, as best I know it, to any non-technological question you ask."
1) It's doing the incubator equivalent of panicking, but it's still doing the whole double-speak and leaving itself outs (like the singular question instead of plural) I'm still not sure if this is a defective/emotional Incubator or not, but I would not be too surprised if that is one.
2) Confirmation that it isn't from "this world". This is huge. Note that the incubator doesn't seem to have memory damage- it just states that it doesn't know things, and then states that it was damaged. The lack of knowledge is easily explained by it not being on Earth prior to our discovery of it.
"If you do not incapacitate her now, I will retract my offer. I cannot risk my death. Your world cannot risk it, Ryoushuu."
As far as we OOC know, incubators don't lie. This is HUGE! The incubator really believes that Earth can not risk his death. Note that if we incapacitate her immediately but don't do the rest of the instructions the offer will remain open.

851 words
I'll try to post this to the main thread once lag dies down.

edit: just making a note of this:
Mkay, asking Kyubey what attacked him seems to be the most popular question, so I'll answer that one now.

Kyubey says not to worry about what attacked him for now, your world should be safe from them. He wants you to focus on developing your power and fighting liches. He will say that the magical messengers are at war with what attacked him, and that normally he would never be so badly wounded.
Analysis later.

Ultimately I think we ought to go with siding with Kyubey because he is likely to have better information for us provided we're careful how we phrase our question and because siding with him is likely to leave us allied with the incubators against whatever it is they seem to be facing. That and because destroying a source of information solely at the word of some random magical girl is both wasteful and extremely naive. Not to mention killing an ally who while not completely forthright has saved your life twice thus far is a very crappy method of repayment.

Siding with Homura deprives us of Kyubey as an information source while giving us access to information that is not going to be as wide or necessarily as correct as Kyubey's. In addition while we are most likely gaining an alliance with her we will most likely making an enemy of the Incubators at what is likely a great risk to our planet.

Our characterization thus far has been that of someone who does his best to save as many lives as possible while being pragmatic doing so. That line of thought means that we would prefer pacifying Homura as we are not risking everyone on the planet for the sake of a potentially crazy magical girl nor killing an ally who did not even ask for the death of his would be murderer.

An unbreakable magic shield, one-directional, counts as a physical and magical defense. Only way to take it down is to attack it from a blind spot.

Done, that's a Witch that would be a horrible match-up for us as we are now, that would be trivialized with a few ranks in Arsenal.

Unbreakable Magic Shield. < Silver Bullet.

Silver Bullet is described along the lines of Endless 9. Magic doesn't exist for it.

Silver Bullet still is like a real bullet.

More damage means that Silver Bullet will do more damage.

Unless Rihaku can confirm that Magic can directly stop Anti-Magic.

Also we have allies to attack from blind sides with, assuming we stick with one of the girls. Even if it say ripped out a wall to block with, Impactor or Shieldbreaker will eventually break through it while it also has to deal with Houmra or Mami.

Can we instead POSTPONE the deal?

If it looks to us like Madoka is despairing at a later date, we activate the deal and get six months? I dunno, Kyubey would probably decline if it looks like he's 'winning', but without us he may never fully heal, so there's a chance.

Right since SB seems to be lagging like hell let's discuss what tactics we plan on using here in the meantime.

Well, I still think that a combo of Seeker swarms and Grapeshot would do well.
And since the Prime orb is protected by the orbits of the others, taking a shot or two with a shieldbreaker would dust one of the secondary orbs if they don't dodge it outright.

TheOtherSandman said:
Well, I still think that a combo of Seeker swarms and Grapeshot would do well.
And since the Prime orb is protected by the orbits of the others, taking a shot or two with a shieldbreaker would dust one of the secondary orbs if they don't dodge it outright.
The Seekers I can aprove of, but given that we can just empty the magazines of 20 rifles (or more if we can spare the time to summon them) into the Lich, Grapeshot seems kind of pointless.

Furthermore, unless we have some way to guarantee we actually hit anything, a Shieldbreaker isn't going to help much.
It doesn't move any faster than the normal bullets and using it prevents us from simultaneously using our multiple remote rifles.

Something I wish we could explore is the possibility of obtaining our ultimate since depending on it's capabilities it may prove very useful to our current fight.

Malcolmo said:
Something I wish we could explore is the possibility of obtaining our ultimate since depending on it's capabilities it may prove very useful to our current fight.
Didn't Rihaku mention something about an ultimate with these themes preferably requiring a lot of preperation?
Would be kind of hard to pull that off, when we just lost half of our energy in the first few exchanges.

Not to mention that depending on what exactly our Ultimate is going to be we might not even be able to use it without our Scope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back