• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Make a Contract With Me! [Lag Backup Thread]

Something about 'reforming' the Yakuza.
I doubt that you'd be able to turn them into a Cause for Justice.
But you could enact certain rules, like:
Don't involve children, no human trafficking, and... I don't know... no torture, maybe.

An 'Even Evil has Standards' type thing.

Vindictus said:
We can avoid eating and sleeping, yes, but we can't be everywhere at once, and we can't watch everything and everyone at once. Spying is probably the wrong word for it though... An information network? Where we can have people looking for Magi, for places where people just keep randomly commiting suicide [Witch Watch], etc.

And, well, Chibi explains things better then I.

... Does this count as a new-player-by-proxy? Not sure.

Technically Scope level (5 or 6 whichever one is next) would let us see 360 degrees around us in a manner similar to scope so there's that although it probably does have a cut off range.
While having people look up places random suicides are occurring might be useful. Trying to find mages using them is unlikely to succeed all that well, not to mention we're supposed to not let knowledge of magic leak.

As to the Homura's guns part I thought people said she had to enchant them first although we could probably get around that by using arsenal and handing them sniper rifles which last some 15 or so minutes although there's the ever so tiny problem these guys have very few people who actually know how to use a normal gun due to their reliance on swords compounded with the fact we just gave them something most people take a while to learn how to use. Not to mention expecting a bunch of gangsters to perform complex maneuvers and fight something we don't even know if they can see with they don't really know how to use is rather unlikely to end well.

Also could you please give me a tldr version next time because I'm not sure what I was supposed to get or answer from that and have most likely replied to the wrong things.

Lag's back.
And just when it was getting good too.

Changing the subject to something that is, hopefully, less inflammatory.

We agree to an across the board stat boost for Range, Stability, and Special?
With any leftover XP up for discussion at a later time, should there be any?

Wouldn't it be better if we bought a point of arsenal then saw what the ultimate was though it might change some people's decisions on the matter.

And if they don't like it?
What, buy discreet?

That would weaken the Ultimate as a whole.
No, I say that with the down time we have, we should focus more on our Stats since we don't have an immediate need for More Dakka and Survivability.

TheOtherSandman said:
And if they don't like it?
What, buy discreet?

That would weaken the Ultimate as a whole.
No, I say that with the down time we have, we should focus more on our Stats since we don't have an immediate need for More Dakka and Survivability.
There are reasons other then getting an ultimate to put points into arsenal though and on sb there is some consensus towards putting points into Arsenal anyway so why not at least get some idea as to what our ultimate is before spending all our xp.

Malcolmo said:
There are reasons other then getting an ultimate to put points into arsenal though and on sb there is some consensus towards putting points into Arsenal anyway so why not at least get some idea as to what our ultimate is before spending all our xp.

You do realize that our ultimate changes depending on what Ideals we have.
And the current consensus is fucking retarded.

TheOtherSandman said:
You do realize that our ultimate changes depending on what Ideals we have.
And the current consensus is fucking retarded.
I am aware of that however it would be weaker if we took another ideal which we in all likelihood will not.
And regardless of what your opinion of it is unless you can manage to argue in favor of the choice you prefer it is unlikely to change what is taken.

I think the Servers might have imploded from the sheer amount of XP we have now.

Again, the thing is, we don't have the skills to really take over the Yakuza, much less mold them to more "ethical" criminal organization. We simply lack the expertise do it, nor do we have the support of someone who does have that expertise either. In the end, the thing is, we simply can't take over the Yakuza in any meaningful way. Maybe a figure head slash enforcer for the true power, or possibly a murderous tyrant similar to Tetsu but without his anti-assassination abilities (and we can't really aford tthe 5 mana/hour to keep the "Byakugan" active 24 hours/day), so either way, it's a bad idea.

Something of an issue I have with the reason not to tell her about magic is that I'm not really sure why the government knowing about magic would be such a huge problem.
I mean, sure, it would definitely complicate things and I'm not so naive to believe the government would only want the best for MGs, but the notion that the government finding out would be horrible and that there would be no positives to the government getting involved whatsoever seems needlessly paranoid.
I mean, the fact that there is no regulation of MGs and that they have no real support structure whatsoever is a real problem.
Similarly, having governmental assistance in things like organizing resistance against Walpurgisnacht or just giving the government more intel on it so they can start evacuation efforts sooner would be immensely useful.

And lastly, given our apparent choice for staying I'd at least hope we're going to try gaining friends and allies among the (future) elite, which would actually give us the option to try and prevent any sort of government reaction to MGs to be completely unreasonable and ill-advised.
Furthermore, I'd say that the rationale of complete information being much less damaging than partial information would apply just as much, if not more to the government, and, even if we don't tell Hino everything, she still has the potential to be a leak with the only real difference being that the government is bound to make badly informed decisions instead.

And all of this is not even going into the fact that the only possible way I see the government not already knowing about magic is if the Incubators kept things secret and, if they either stopped doing that or are suddenly incapable of doing so any longer, magic isn't going to stay secret from the government for much longer no matter what we do.
After all, I doubt a bunch of barely adult people, who were mainly chosen for being easily goaded into an emotional breakdown, are capable of keeping up a perfect masquerade, that we just utterly destroyed in a single evening.
For this reason I'd argue that, if the government is going to find out, we should actually have a proper handle on things through Hino, which would work a lot better if she actually knew what was going on and, if the government isn't going to find out, this pretty much has to be because there are other things at work and Hino knowing about things is unlikely to change much, while still being important for her personal safety.

Pipeman said:

You certainly have some good points here but one thing that would probably be well advised would be talking with Mami (Kyubey to if he's not pouting) about the masquerade, why and how it's enforced before making any decisions on the matter. Kyubey never mentioned it to us or seemed to particularly care that we were planning to get into a pretty blatant fight with another magician, so Mami is probably the best bet for information since she was the only one that ever mentioned it from what I recall.

Thomasfoolery said:
You certainly have some good points here but one thing that would probably be well advised would be talking with Mami (Kyubey to if he's not pouting) about the masquerade, why and how it's enforced before making any decisions on the matter. Kyubey never mentioned it to us or seemed to particularly care that we were planning to get into a pretty blatant fight with another magician, so Mami is probably the best bet for information since she was the only one that ever mentioned it from what I recall.
Not sure how useful Mami's input to me would be, since at least in my opinion it seemed like Mami is enforcing the masquerade more out of feelings of obligation and in a subconscious attempt to convince herself that the whole Magical Girl thing is at least a bit like the fictional works, because those at least have happy endings.

Additionally, it's not like I'm saying we should contact the government right now and tell them everything we know, because there are almost certainly going to be at least some rather nasty complications, if/when they find out.
My point is mainly that the masquerade failing is both more likely to happen than it appears no matter what we do and wouldn't be as bad as it may seem, so the argument that Shino would be a potential leak loses a lot, but not all, of its merit, whereas her not knowing the full truth still has the same risk of her making an uninformed decision to contract and means her ability to help us, even if she doesn't contract, is at least somewhat limited, because she couldn't make any informed decisions of her own regarding magical stuff.

Pipeman said:

My point is we simply don't know whether she'd be useful in this or not, or why she's enforcing it, and it strikes me as a mistake to pin some assumption about those matters on her and leave it at that. Kyubey certainly didn't seem to give a shit a shit about the masquerade, she apparently used to know Kyubey, why the inconsistency? Also again, just assuming it's going to fall when we really have no idea about the state of the world other than a bunch of kyubeys were found dead and ours were injured (were they the ones maintaining the masquerade? How would we know? The title they gave and apparent purpose of being recruiters of magic users doesn't exactly signify that they would be, For all we know a different division handles that area.) and how it was previously maintained just strikes me as jumping the gun.

Thomasfoolery said:
My point is we simply don't know whether she'd be useful in this or not, or why she's enforcing it, and it strikes me as a mistake to pin some assumption about those matters on her and leave it at that. Kyubey certainly didn't seem to give a shit a shit about the masquerade, she apparently used to know Kyubey, why the inconsistency? Also again, just assuming it's going to fall when we really have no idea about the state of the world other than a bunch of kyubeys were found dead and ours were injured (were they the ones maintaining the masquerade? How would we know, the title they gave and apparent purpose of being recruiters of magic users doesn't exactly signify that they would be, for all we know a different division handles that area.) and how it was previously maintained just strikes me as jumping the gun.
I'm not really assuming it's going to fail.
I simply believe that, if whatever measures were in place to keep up the masquerade (if they were necessary at all and we aren't going with the same explanation as the Dresden Files) still exist, I doubt our little escapade and telling Hino will alone will fuck things up too badly and, if the measures aren't there anymore, things are likely going to crumble anyway, so us telling Hino wouldn't be that bad either.

As for Mami, the reason I don't really want to confront her on the issue of the masquerade has at least somewhat to do with how I view the character.
Basically, as far as I see it, her at least somewhat playing the heroine of justice role, taking apprentices in spite of how she's basically only creating more competition and finally also her insistence on the masquerade seem to me like her way to cope.
Unlike Hitori, who simply had a pretty shitty life and now that he has power decided to use her new power top make other people's lives less shitty, or Tetsu, who just used his new power for his own benefit, or even (canon post-Mami) Kyoko, who had a very shitty life and eventually decided to just use her power to make her own life less shitty, Mami seems to believe she's an actual Magical Girl.
She believes that she's a protector of justice, that it's her duty to fight Witches, that in the end it will be worth it and a whole lot of other stuff she associates with Magical Girls, because otherwise she'd have to accept that she lives in a world created by the Urobutcher and that is simply not going to end well.
For this reason I just can't see confronting Mami with this and forcing her to try and justify it as a good idea.

Of course, it's very easily possible that Rihaku sees things different or simply decided to change things, but I'm really unsure about trying to maneuver the minefield that is Mami's mental stability.

If we are risking the masquerade, this is the time to do it. We're comparatively secure, we've got a proxy to a high-level contact with no reason to panic and go into damage control mode. The dividends later could be significant, too; being able to call in the bombers when the stars are right and WN goes live, for instance.

Kyubey is likely going to Contract Hino, whether we want him to or not, once he's healed.
I think that it would be best that she has all the available information before that happens, so she knows exactly what she's getting into.
Because if she gets her soul yanked out and stuffed in a paperweight, she's going to need to hunt Witches.
Of which there is a distressing lack of in Tokyo, meaning she has to regularly leave Tokyo for not insignificant periods of time.

It's like turning someone into a Water Elemental without warning them that it's going to happen in the desert during a drought and a heat wave.

Not to mention, since it's been agreed that we hold no need to inform her of magic, it'll buy us points with her if we divulge it of our own choice. Also, if we explain the nature of her food source/enemies it's likely that she won't go telling daddy and will actively keep it a secret because Witches are so far beyond mundane tech that only strategic weaponry could pose a threat to them. Anything less and you have to get insanely close to mind-bending horrors while avoiding their attacks and their minions.

Uh, you guys have already guessed at how the Incubators used the maintain the Masquerade. At least, when there still were Incubators around.

Rihaku said:
Uh, you guys have already guessed at how the Incubators used the maintain the Masquerade. At least, when there still were Incubators around.
We did?
And it was confirmed?
Well, damn.
Must have missed that somehow.

Kind of hard to look for it now that SB is laggy as fuck.
That I'm about to fall asleep doesn't help either.
I think I'll just go to bed and hope to wake up to a new update.

Sure, but the question is, why were they doing it, and how many fucks should we give?

Anyway, the main reason I'm assuming that Kyubey will get us to heal it eventually even if our purchase of Perception II level 4 gets us answers is that it's likely to think of something we want that we can't get anywhere else eventually. Just in case that wasn't obvious.

You know when thinking over the next level of Scope. Something jumped out at me. To be precise the 360 degree vision thing. It reminded me of the first time we used our derived magic's emergency power.
...a dizzying, three-dimensional panorama of yourself and the Yakuza, as if seen from every angle at once...
It looks like an upgraded version of our scope. I think our derived magics emergency mode might be able to access higher level weapon magic at a much higher cost then if we'd actually possessed said magic.

I'm kinda surprised that whatever was hunting the Kyubeys hasn't tried to attack ours.
Unless it being only partially functional has made is less detectable to it.

I propose that we keep our adorable bunny-cat within sight at all times.

Preferably in our arms or around our neck.

"Welcome to my secret underground lair, Ms. Akemi."

Rihaku said:

Huh, didn't realize we specifically knew that. In that case we might as well tell her.

Pipeman said:
We did?
And it was confirmed?
Well, damn.
Must have missed that somehow.

Kind of hard to look for it now that SB is laggy as fuck.
That I'm about to fall asleep doesn't help either.
I think I'll just go to bed and hope to wake up to a new update.
I missed it too. Or Rihaku is doing what he does best. Trolling us, that is. Someone somewhere guessed something, or nearly guessed it, and Rihaku tells us that it was guessed. And watches as we run around in circles trying to find out who`s guess was correct. :D

Not only are the Incubators fighting a war, they're actually losing? That's... worrisome.

Another thing about the masquerade and Hino as a potential source for a leak, is that, well, the only way to actually plug that leak is to kill her (or to pull some bullshit memory erasing powers out of our ass :p). She already knows too much. Right now the options are between her knowing a bit and her knowing a lot, and given the options, knowing a bit is far worse than knowing a lot.

This is something I started last night and then I fell asleep, so don't pay too much attention to some of the comments about night sleep and morning.
I would say how appropriate and how descriptive this is. But then I realise that this doesn't tell us which option from before won out. So it kind of stresses me out. Then again, I should have been asleep 4 fours ago, so maybe tomorrow morning when I wake up I'll realise that this does tell us which option won.

Who knows.

But yeah, dealing with the aftermath of the fight.

Clutching Siegfried's Grief Seed in your palm, you extended your cloak out to its maximum breadth, creating a makeshift gliding parachute. The roiling, billowing material seemed well-suited to the task, as it did to nearly every task. In the wake of the last battle, the world seemed subdued, its colors muted. You drifted down, through the hole in the Tetsu Building you'd made with your first Seeker. Glass crunched beneath your shoes, reminiscent of your very first Witch battle.
So a cloak that let's us glide around... Hmm, Scope

Guys, guys. I think that Hitori is copying Batman from Barman Arkham Asalyum. He has the cloak and Scope is totally detective vision on magical steroids and he became who he is today thanks to the tragic deaths of his parents. It fits perfectly, well he's not rich or a playboy, but whatever, we're like Terry Batman.
Tetsu's parlor was spacious, the carpet red velvet. A divan dominated the floor space, sleek lines of plush crimson and black wood. There was a painting on the wall, a Monet original. Two mirrors, one slim and rectangular and mounted on the wall, the other a chrome orb that more resembled art piece than looking glass. Hino was on the ground against the wall, in the impromptu alcove created when he'd thrown her. She was framed by splintered wood and small bloodstains. Several compound fractures and damage to the bone structure of the face. She'd live.
Goddamn it, Tetsu is still a prick even in death. Sure rub that wealth in people's faces why don't cha. Man, I hate him.

Also, that's a relief. I'd feared that her injuries would be a lot worse and that she would have more wounds. We intervened just in time it would seem.

"Hitori-san...?" She croaked, staring at you in bewildered incomprehension. Her eyes lingered on your weapon for a long moment, then began darting around. She was gathering data, assessing all the evidence, furiously trying to construct an explanation for what had just happened.
Oh wow, she's still concious and coherent? That's impressive. Even more so that her mind is actively working on overdrive. If I had been in her position, I would have been knocked out, or if not I would not be in the state of mind to really do anything like how she's doing it. No wonder she's the number 2 idol in the school, beauty and brains and really tough.
"Hino-san," you nodded. You'd expected Shiniichirou's bodyguards to have flooded this room by now. Ah, all manpower was likely being directed to deal with the Impactor you had fired at the building. A grimace twisted your face momentarily. You'd tried to aim for a relatively vacant spot, but collateral damage against the Yakuza had been a secondary concern compared to maximizing your chances against Tetsu.
Well either that, or his men didn't really care about what happens or happened to him. Why? Because the loyalists probably sees him as some sort of invicible Demi god that would carve up any fool stupid enough to fight him, heh, and good enough to survive anything, so they didn't see the need to come up here. For the Rebels, well, they see him as a insane and psycotic monster, in the very literal sense and the figuartive sense of the word. Thus, they don't really care if he's hurt or not, not that they can see anything putting him down. They've tried.
You examined the room, sweeping your gaze sedately to and fro as you made your way towards Hino. Best not to spook her with sudden motion. There was a safe behind the painting, itself likely worth hundreds of millions of yen. You felt a small surge of relief that the priceless original hadn't been damaged in the crossfire. Within the safe were wads of cash, piled up like cans in a pantry. Ten thousand yen notes, all. Beneath the cash were sheets of paper, neatly arrayed in manila folders. Certificates of ownership, deeds and titles, most likely.
I find the little part in this paragraph where Hitori is just so relieved that he didn't accidentaly damaged a pricless artifact. It really just adorable, yet so realistic, because you know that anyone would feel the same,
"Um, okay." Hino exhaled deeply. "I think you just...saved my life? I don't mean to be ungrateful, and please feel free to ignore me - because I clearly don't know any of the background information - but would you be able to tell me what's going on?"

"He didn't tell you anything?" You dispelled your rifle and squatted down in front of her.

She shook her head. "I could tell there was something strange about him. No one should be that strong or fast. But, well...I never asked. I guess I was afraid to."
I know that we already knew this from the start, but I still feel like making the comment. Abusive relationship in the making. Man this girl needs to pick better boyfriends. Because that's the kind of mindset that get's you pregnant young, and then in a unhappy marriage and then a broken home.

Though to be completely fair to her. I guess I wouldn't want to push the implusive, control-freak, Yazuka boss with super powers if I was in her situation.
"I can repair this," you said, indicating the broken cheekbone, the fractured wrist and broken ribs. "But if I do, you must promise never to disclose what you've witnessed here to anyone. Not your father, not your little brother, or your best friend. Anyone."
"Repair this,"
That wording is seriously weird. Almost like we're thinking more like a very human machine , A.I, Computer than a human boy now. Definitely a another clue to our Derived Magic.
she repeated, the corners of her lips turning up. "Strange way to put it. Okay, I agree. I can keep a secret. If I said no, would you kill me?"

"Good question." You placed two fingers on her cheek, applying the healing magic.
No we wouldn't kill her, stop teasing her Hitori. Man, you gotta learn when it's time to make times jokes like that and when it's time to not open your mouth.

"Well, I have to say, you're pretty good at," she gestured vaguely in the air, "whatever this was. I've known you for, what, three years now? Well, not as friends or anything, but it isn't as if we've never been in a study group together. And I didn't have a clue that you were a super sniper guy...thing. That was what Tetsu called you to the roof for, wasn't it? Because you both had superpowers. It didn't have anything to do with your father."
''Well, not exactly. See, you're kind of half right and half wrong here. Yes, it was about our powers that Tetsu called me to the roof for, but he was the one who had my father killed. So yeah, he's kind of a prick.''
"You're taking this rather well," you observed. "I thought you'd be more upset. Your boyfriend just tried to kill you, and was then killed himself."
Well when you put it that way, it's certainly going to be a traumatic. Or it should be traumatic, but she's not showing any signs of trauma, That or she's just shocked and pumped full of so much Adrenaline that she can't give a shit right now.

Or maybe it's something else.

Naw, I'm just being unreasonably paranoid.
"Well, that's certainly not the worst way things could have turned out," she replied, still smiling. "And as for what went on between me and him, well, that's not at all your business - oh, I see. You're want to know if I'll do something crazy, like try to avenge him or something." She took another deep breath. "Okay. The truth is, well...it's kind of embarrassing to admit this now, but I did like him. A lot. And I guess at the start of it I didn't really understand what it meant that he was the head of a Yakuza group. It was just something he did, like many of our parents. An occupation, but it didn't...exist in our sphere. High school. And, while I'm being honest, I didn't really care that much about a bunch of strangers, anyway...I mean, I wasn't okay with Shiniichirou's psycho killings, but their business is their business, it's not my business. You probably disagree. Anyway, he was charming and funny and nice and attractive, so I figured, why not? Out of the guys I've dated, he was the one I liked the most, but I didn't love him. Maybe, in a few more months...well, but he turned out to be a crazed supervillain, so I guess it's for the best."
Okay, so it's a relief that she isn't going to be after our heads, like some voters feared.

But man, bad boys. Though, considering how he acts in school. perhaps I should be saying that power really is pretty attractive. ANd that everyone are attracted to members of the opposite sex that has a lot of power.

"That's quite forthright of you," you said. "I appreciate your alleviating my concerns in that manner. Don't think that I'll reciprocate by telling you everything about magic, though."

"Damn," She pouted briefly. "That usually works. Don't you feel at least a little guilty? I mean, I spilled my guts!"
How sneaky of you. Thankfully, Hitori has probably fallen for tricks like that before, so your version won't work on him. But I digress, it's good to see that unlike us, Hitori isn't going to lose his cool just because a cute girl is talking and joking with him.
"How shameless," you smirked, a bit unable to help yourself. "But no, my conscience is quiet. I did save your life, after all."
Oh no. This is the prelude isn't it? The Waifu wars is going to be starting soon now that we have officially met 2 girls isn't it? Please tell me it won't.
"Hey, about that." Her expression grew serious. "I, um, I take that kind of stuff seriously. It's sort of a family tradition. We always pay our debts. So, somehow, I'll make it up to you. This isn't a trick, I don't expect anything in return, you don't have to tell me about magic or whatever. And don't say something like 'that's not necessary,' I know you probably don't do...whatever it is you do for pay or gratitude or whatever. This is something I'm going to do for myself. And, uh, you, obviously."
Funny how things work out. If chargen had gone differently, we would have had that motto instead.

Actually, if it had gone for that option, would we have become her brother or something? I mean, is this like Dragon Age Origins, where every possible background of the Warden exist at the same time, but those that aren't picked are pretty much dead?
You hesitated. She'd basically headed off all the objections you had in mind. What was there to say? "You always pay your debts? Kind of like that family in that American TV show, what was it-"

"Argh! Has EVERYONE seen that freaking show? Yes, just like them! But it was our policy first!" Hino's feature grew animated with resentment at a vexation encountered countless times.
How suspicious. She's pretty much taken all our fears and made them irrelvant. One could almost say that she's too good at this. Or she's just a really good social animal, what do I know? Still, I'm keeping my eyes on you. Just in case.

*raises hand* Well, I didn't see it. No yet, I've been meaning to, but there was never a good time you know?
"Well, alright," you said, trying not to laugh. It was wholly inappropriate given the gravity of the situation. "Thank you. I honestly didn't expect any sort of reward."

"No," She pointed her index finger into your chest. "thank you. For saving my life."
Begun, the waifu wars have. Because really, we're pretty predictable when it comes to stuff like this.

Kyubey mentions that Hino has high magical potential. It wants to be healed, so it can make a contract with her. Perhaps it would be wise to tell her the truth about magic, even though you are under no obligation to do so. On the other hand, the last thing you want is governments getting the idea to exploit magic-users, and her father does have connections in that realm. If she's taken in for interrogation, or simply manipulated (someone must have taught her those social skills, after all), she could very well be the crucial information leak.
Yeah, even Hitori doesn't know about the real truth, let's not doom this girl to eventual Witchdoom shall we? Also, take note of the pun I wrote in that last sentence, it was completely intentional, I have no regrets, this is the only path.

[ ] Tell Her About Magic
- If she's aware of what's going on, and takes her debt to you seriously, she can keep you informed on any suspicions the government may have, through her father. Additionally, there certainly are scenarios where you would want magical assistance. Someone that wouldn't need to have contracting explained to them would be best.
I don't really think that we should tell her. I mean, this is like the dilemma Harry had with Murhphy in the earlier Dresden FIles novels. In that eventually, we see that he was right, she was far safer not knowing.

- Hino seems comfortable enough with not knowing, perhaps due to her father's military background. Give her some tips on how to avoid being killed by Witches, if she ventures outside of Tokyo.
This is what I prefer, let her have her life, don't drag her into our mess.

[ ] Stability +2, Perception II +3 - Stability is sort of a necessary prelude to raising all your other stats, and this level will dramatically improve your ability to fire in inclement conditions and on the move. +3 Perception II will clear up a lot of things for you. You do need about ~7k more XP for this option, but I imagine you can get that before the next update.
Yes, we're going to find out what that Stat does, or I will kill everyone who votes against this option. That's a vow.
[ ] Scope V, Range +3 - The immense synergy between these two options will improve your capabilities greatly, especially in omnivision mode. Raising your engagement range to ~10 km allows for some crazy shots. As a side bonus, your accuracy will be great at "shorter" distances, like 1 km.
Shiny, but not needed right now.
[ ] Arsenal IV, Range +1 - Lets you see your ultimate and buy it if you want; otherwise you can take another stat level. Arsenal IV helps your mid- and close-range combat options a lot; Range +1 helps your long-range options.
Same as above.

Jesus but the lag today is bad, I don't think there's been any lulls, and it started a good hour before it normally does.

Holiday weekend too, so traffic shouldn't be as bad. If there was any question that this is being caused by activity, it's pretty much been put-paid to by now. It's too consistent and too long-lasting for it to just be people trying to use the damn site. It's either a DDoS, or the back-end server is doing shit to lag itself out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I don't know what's more annoying, losing all the weekend bonus, or just missing all the updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back