• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Master Quest [Worm]

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

I googled Panacea Quest, started reading it. It was a trainwreck. Terrible, but you can't look...

rooster

Succ
I googled Panacea Quest, started reading it. It was a trainwreck. Terrible, but you can't look away. But Questing sound fun, though I might give it a try.

Hello!

Can you keep a secret? I'm a cape. Recently triggered in fact. I call myself Gossip.
Why? Because my power is from the master group. I can compell someone to get an opinion
on something from what I told them, and have a strong urge to pass what I told them forward.
But nobody has a perfect memory you know. So things get lost in translation. Things get
mixed up and sometimes it just works like a messed up telephone game. Sounds lame, I know.
Like controling bugs or squirrels, and I have so many limitations and rules to my power I
have yet to figure out. It's kind of frustrating and it killed my dreams of being an awesome cape
that I've had since I was 7 or so. So I'd rather just lay low than play PR for the wards or
something like that.

If you'd rather have my lifestory than the short version then I'd be happy to tell it.

I was born on Dec 15 1995, a typical

[X] Ginger
[X] Blonde
[X] Brunette

girl, somewhere in middle of Fucking Nowhere, Poland. I led a pretty unhappy life, until I triggered, because

[X] I was harrassed by litteraly everyone but a couple of close friends. A person can only hear only
so many whispered insults, and hateful stares until they snap you know?
[X] I was neglected by my parents. My father works 5 days a week and when he comes back on friday, it's like
I'm not there. My mother doesn't care much for me. Middle child. Older brother has all the talent and praise,
little sister is pampered like a princess. Me? I'm just a slob that exchanges at average 10-15 words with my
parents a day, unless I mess up, then it's nagging time.
[X] I'm messed up in the head. That's what it had to be. I've been crushing after girls since I was 6. I'm
pretty sure people aren't supposed to be sex obsessed deviants at this age. I didn't have hormones to be aroused
yet and I was already falling in love left and right. Never got to spit it out to my crush either. It's not like
I was uncomfortable being a lesbian with a bracer, stockings, and blonde fetishes. Pretty sure all three come
from lusting after my first crush anyway. And second. And third.

Recently my family moved to Brocktown Bay in America. Which I didn't have a problem with. English is in fact
my best subject. I consider myself bilingual. I think english thoughts as often as polish words. I even forget
words in polish that I know the meaning of in english. It's pretty fucking disturbing.

As a person, nowadays I would say I'm pretty
[X] Optimistic
[X] Pessimistic
[X] Realistic

and If I would try to describe myself in D&D terms I would be
[X] Chaotic Good
[X] True Neutral
[X] Lawful Evil

Religion-wise, I'm a
[X] Satanist
[X] Simurgh cultist
[X] Atheist
[X] Agnostic
[X] Pastafarian

but I don't think I should be spreading this around. A lot of people don't appreciate that.

Sexually I would describe myself as a
[X] Heterosexual
[X] Bisexual
[X] Homosexual
[X] Pansexual (similar to bisexual)
[X] Asexual

and a
[X] Pedophile
[X] Necrophile
[X] Zoophile
[X] Transexual
[X] Exibitionist
[X] Voyeur
[X] Chronic masturbator
[X] Partialist. A lip fetishist to be precise.
[X] Furry

(AN: None of these paraphilias will have any impact in the story except for the purpose of humor, or as a throwaway line. If I wrote a lemon, which I'm not saying I will, I would move it somewhere else anyway. If you have any idea how to make the char insane but stable feel free to suggest anything.)

I have an insane dream of
[X] World peace
[X] Immortality
[X] Marrying Simurgh
[X] Having a harem
[X] Being insanely rich.
[X] (write in)

(AN: here begins buying stuff with points)

I think my cape career is going to be
[X] Easy. Always finding time to relax between duties. (2 character points)
[X] Average. Do what I can with what I have. (5 character points)
[X] Hard. Always waiting for shit to hit the fan. First problem not being resolved before the fucking Leviathan
pays me a home visit. (10 character points)

Even though I find my power lame I think I'll make an awesome use of it, in fact I found out that I can
[X] Rumour ping. Spread some made up information about someone and it'll grow until it comes back to me with some
grain of truth gathered from people close to the subject. I just have to uncover it. (2 points)
[X] Create some sort of mental construct inside of people. They have a need to talk about what I talked to them
about and it won't go away until they match my words second for second. I could literaly talk someone to near
death and they would feel a need to talk someone to near death too. (3 points)
[X] Share my feelings on things I talk about. Should I ever decide to preach about Flying Spaghetti Monster
to someone who never heard of it before and mean it, I could convert someone to Pastafarianism ridiculously easily.
But if you have an opinion on something other than 'whatever' or 'never heard of it' then I can't do anything.
Can't change someones favourite food to kumquat from bacon, even if they never heard of kumquat before. Not outright at
least. (2 points)
[X] (Write in anything reasonable and I'll reasonably try to price it)

(AN: Multiple things here can be chosen at the same time.)

In order to prepare for a life of excitement I assumed I would have (At least until I triggered) I picked up a hobby or two I
never dropped. It was
[X] Mentalism and cold reading. Think Derren Brown except without cheating with staged actors.
[X] Psychology. It's seriously interesting how a human mind works. And now I could exploit this if I knew how.
[X] Pick up arts. It's usefull in day to day interactions as much as in manipulating someone for sex. And with my power I can
do some downright absurd seduction and get away with it.
[X] Mystery solving. Sherlock is awesome and nothing gets me aroused as much as smart people.
[X] Medicine. First aid can save lives. Simple as that.
[X] Exercise. Capes run around a lot and I wanted to be awesome.
[X] Business. Economy can be downright fascinating at times. Nothing makes me salivate more than thinking about being rich.
[X] (Write in)

(AN: Each one costs 1 point, and any combination is allowed)

As to my other interests I love movies, especially
[X] Romantic comedies (-1 point, become more romantic)
[X] Polish comedies from 1990-2005 from Earth Aleph. (-2 points, gain about 100 polish curse words and use them instead of a commas)
[X] Action movies (Gain some cape savvy)
[X] (Write in)

and being on PHO. It's a lot like some corners of the internet from Earth Aleph, especially
[X] 4chan (-4 points, become an obnoxious person)
[X] Bay12 (-3 points, get the idea tha failure is fun)
[X] Facebook (-2 points, you don't have any friends on facebook, AND iRL)
[X] Youtube (-2 points, become an attention whore)

The strangest thing is that I think my power is growing. It's a lot like
[X] Dauntless. It grows a bit every day, but one day I just might pull bullshit out of my ass on a daily basis. (2 points)
[X] Lung. It responds to the occasion (4 points)
[X] Panacea. If I figure out how to use it best, then I can use it in various new ways.
If I figure out how to bypass some limitations at least.(4 points)

If I had to say what would synergise with me the best it would be:
[X] Emotion amplification (-6 points, redeem Cherish quest)
[X] Pheromones (-4 points, seduce Panacea quest)
[X] Knowing what to say (-4 points, defeat Jack Slash with words quest)
[X] A Sherlock to my Watson (-2 points, team up with Tattletale quest)
[X] A Beautiful Voice (-6 points, save Canary quest)
[X] Some Brawn to my Brains (-2 points, become friends with Glory Girl quest)
[X] Internet working with my powers (-2 points, Buy tinkertech from Leet quest)
[X] (Write in)

(AN: Quests will be worked towards audience choice or no at the first opportunity if they are accepted. All quests are mutually
exclusive when it comes to gaining points and being forced to work for them, but all the goals from other quests might still
happen.)

I also have this cape friend. Goes by the name of
[X] Spinnerette (From Spinnyverse): She's a new hero. Her powers made her grow extra arms, but she's a great person. Dates Mecha Maid.
[X] Jack Spicer Evil Boy Genius (Xiaolin Showdown): A total incompetent idiot. Chases all around earth for lost pieces of tinkertech.
[X] Deckard Cain (Diablo): An elderly hobo that everone thinks is crazy, but he's nice if you take the time to listen to him.
That's how I found out he's actually a tinker with a specialization of identifying and combining items.
[X] (Write in)
I'm down with almost any crossover, some more than others. Most mecha are out except Infinite Stratos and Muv Luv
Alternative, but I'd be hard pressed to even squeeze something to fit. It really depends on how much I know something.

(AN2: Not all choices have to be picked, some allow more than one option to be picked at the same time. Not everyone will
agree on same things with so many options, so I'll try to be reasonable to keep everyone happy.)

That's all I care to share right now about myself.

Right now I'm standing in a corridor at Winslow. I think I heard something from the direction of the lockers, but it's probably nothing.
I have the rest of the day off so I could go home. I could go to the library for some internet browsing, or I could go for a walk.

[X] Investigate locker ghost
[X] Walk around Brockton Bay
[X] Go home, have some rest
[X] Go to the library, lurk on PHO

Please, if you don't like the formatting or I'm not utilising some forum feature like spoilers and links then please tell me about it and I'll try to fix it.
PS The spell checker is killing me. It doesn't save the changes after I click change on every thing, and it tries telling me to spell Simurgh as Smurf instead. Wait. That's actually accurate right?

[X] Plan Bii is Best Plan
[X] Ginger
[X] I'm messed up in the head. That's what it had to be. I've been crushing after girls since I was 6. I'm pretty sure people aren't supposed to be sex obsessed deviants at this age. I didn't have hormones to be aroused yet and I was already falling in love left and right. Never got to spit it out to my crush either. It's not like I was uncomfortable being a lesbian with a bracer, stockings, and blonde fetishes. Pretty sure all three come from lusting after my first crush anyway. And second. And third.
[X] Optimistic
[X] True Neutral
[X] Simurgh cultist
[X] Bisexual
[X] Voyeur
[X] Having a harem
[X] Create some sort of mental construct inside of people. They have a need to talk about what I talked to them about and it won't go away until they match my words second for second. I could literaly talk someone to near death and they would feel a need to talk someone to near death too. (3 points)
[X] Psychology. It's seriously interesting how a human mind works. And now I could exploit this if I knew how.
[X] Pick up arts. It's usefull in day to day interactions as much as in manipulating someone for sex. And with my power I can do some downright absurd seduction and get away with it.
[X] Dauntless. It grows a bit every day, but one day I just might pull bullshit out of my ass on a daily basis. (2 points)

[X] Jack Spicer Evil Boy Genius (Xiaolin Showdown): A total incompetent idiot. Chases all around earth for lost pieces of tinkertech.

[X] Ginger
[X] I'm messed up in the head. That's what it had to be. I've been crushing after girls since I was 6. I'm pretty sure people aren't supposed to be sex obsessed deviants at this age. I didn't have hormones to be aroused yet and I was already falling in love left and right. Never got to spit it out to my crush either. It's not like I was uncomfortable being a lesbian with a bracer, stockings, and blonde fetishes. Pretty sure all three come from lusting after my first crush anyway. And second. And third.
[X] Optimistic
[X] True Neutral
[X] Simurgh cultist
[X] Bisexual
[X] Voyeur
[X] Marrying Simurgh
[X] Having a harem
[X] Create some sort of mental construct inside of people. They have a need to talk about what I talked to them about and it won't go away until they match my words second for second. I could literaly talk someone to near death and they would feel a need to talk someone to near death too. (3 points)
[X] Pick up arts. It's usefull in day to day interactions as much as in manipulating someone for sex. And with my power I can do some downright absurd seduction and get away with it.

Option overload!

[X] Ginger
[X] I'm messed up in the head. That's what it had to be. I've been crushing after girls since I was 6. I'm
pretty sure people aren't supposed to be sex obsessed deviants at this age. I didn't have hormones to be aroused
yet and I was already falling in love left and right. Never got to spit it out to my crush either. It's not like
I was uncomfortable being a lesbian with a bracer, stockings, and blonde fetishes. Pretty sure all three come
[X] Optimistic
[X] True Neutral
[X] Agnostic
[X] Homosexual
[X] Voyeur
[X] Being insanely rich.
[X] Share my feelings on things I talk about. Should I ever decide to preach about Flying Spaghetti Monster
to someone who never heard of it before and mean it, I could convert someone to Pastafarianism ridiculously easily.
But if you have an opinion on something other than 'whatever' or 'never heard of it' then I can't do anything.
Can't change someones favourite food to kumquat from bacon, even if they never heard of kumquat before. Not outright at
least. (2 points)
[X] Business. Economy can be downright fascinating at times. Nothing makes me salivate more than thinking about being rich.

[X] Spinnerette (From Spinnyverse): She's a new hero. Her powers made her grow extra arms, but she's a great person. Dates Mecha Maid.

Spinnerette is just hilarious. I don't like being a Simurgh Cultist because I really can't associate with someone worshipping the world ending threat. Internet working with powers is just hilariously broken in terms of making money. Though if I was going with another one I'd likely choose getting a harem and pheromones from Panacea but I think that might be overdone so maybe voice from Canary.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Ginger
[X] Optimistic
[X] Chaotic Good
[X] Simurgh cultist
[X] Pansexual (similar to bisexual)
[X] Voyeur
[X] Marrying Simurgh
[X] Create some sort of mental construct inside of people. They have a need to talk about what I talked to them
about and it won't go away until they match my words second for second. I could literaly talk someone to near
[X] Mentalism and cold reading. Think Derren Brown except without cheating with staged actors.
[X] Romantic comedies (-1 point, become more romantic)
[X] Pheromones (-4 points, seduce Panacea quest)

[X] Ginger
[X] Optimistic
[X] Chaotic Good
[X] Agnostic
[X] Bisexual
[X] Voyeur
[X] Having a harem

[X] Ginger
[X] Optimistic
[X] Chaotic Good
[X] Pastafarian
[X] Bisexual
[X] Voyeur
[X] Having a harem
[X] Rumour ping. Spread some made up information about someone and it'll grow until it comes back to me with some
grain of truth gathered from people close to the subject. I just have to uncover it. (2 points)
least. (2 points)
[X] Pick up arts. It's usefull in day to day interactions as much as in manipulating someone for sex. And with my power I can
do some downright absurd seduction and get away with it.
[X] Mystery solving. Sherlock is awesome and nothing gets me aroused as much as smart people.

[X] Ginger
[X] Optimistic
[X] True Neutral
[X] Agnostic
[X] Homosexual
[X] Voyeur
[X] Being insanely rich.
least. (2 points)

we can use Jack's robots to kick the merchants out of their turf and rule it ourselves.

[X] Ginger
[X] Optimistic
[X] True Neutral
[X] Simurgh cultist
[X] Bisexual
[X] Voyeur
[X] Marrying Simurgh
[X] Having a harem

why are people going for the Simurgh options? their idiotic and a liability.

Silversun17 said:
why are people going for the Simurgh options? their idiotic and a liability.

What if our powers worked on the Simurgh as well? Especially via the Internet?

I was going for insane mind controller who sets up crack pairings using the aforementioned mind control. Because she thinks life is supposed to be like a Rom-Com.

The Shadowmind said:
I was going for insane mind controller who sets up crack pairings using the aforementioned mind control. Because she thinks like is supposed to be like a Rom-Com.

nopleasenoshippingchartno

*whimper*

Silversun17 said:
if our powers would work on her she would hunt us down.

You mean, if only she wasn't secretly a misunderstood person who really only wanted someone to love her! (Like us!)

Wow, the results were very interesting, also unanimous in many, many options. In others, some compromise is in order, I should probably edit the first post, spoiler the entire character creation, then create an index with links to specific posts. I'll probably get around to that. Eventually.

Results:
Hair: Ginger 11 votes
Background: Crushing on girls 11 votes
Attitude: Optimistic 11 votes
Alignment: True Neutral 8 votes, Chaotic Good 3 votes
Religion: Simurgh cultist 7, Agnostic 3, Pastafarian 1 votes
Sexuality: Bi 8, Homo 2, Pan 1 votes
Deviancy: Voyeur 11 votes
Dream: Harem 6, Simurgh 6, Money 2 votes
Difficulty level: Normal 11 votes
Additional powers: Mental construct 7, Persuasion 3, Slander ping 1 votes
Skills: Psychology 7, Pick-up 7, Exercise 4, Medicine 3, Business 2, Mentalism 2, Investigation 1 votes
Interests: Action movies 10, Romantic comedies 1 votes
Internet persona: Attention whore 11 votes
Power up speed: Dauntless 11 votes
Synergy: Internet 10, Pheromones 1 votes
Friends: Jack Spicer 10, Spinerette 1 votes

Now let's see what I can do with this.

First day of school

Hello!

Can you keep a secret? I'm a cape. Recently triggered in fact. I call myself Gossip. Why? Because my power is from the master group. I can compell someone to get an opinion on something from what I told them, and have a strong urge to pass what I told them forward.

But nobody has a perfect memory you know. So things get lost in translation. Things get mixed up and sometimes it just works like a messed up telephone game. Sounds lame, I know.

Like controling bugs or squirrels, and I have so many limitations and rules to my power I have yet to figure out. It's kind of frustrating and it killed my dreams of being an awesome cape that I've had since I was 7 or so. So I'd rather just lay low than play PR for the wards or something like that.

If you'd rather have my lifestory than the short version then I'd be happy to tell it.

I was born on Dec 15 1995, a typical ginger girl, somewhere in middle of Fucking Nowhere, Poland. I led a pretty unhappy life, until I triggered, because I'm messed up in the head. That's what it had to be. I've been crushing after girls since I was 6. I'm pretty sure people aren't supposed to be sex obsessed deviants at this age. I didn't have hormones to be aroused yet and I was already falling in love left and right. Never got to spit it out to my crush either. It's not like I was uncomfortable being a lesbian with a bracer, stockings, and blonde fetishes. Pretty sure all three come from lusting after my first crush anyway. And second. And third.

Recently my family moved to Brocktown Bay in America. Which I didn't have a problem with. English is in fact my best subject. I consider myself bilingual. I think English thoughts as often as Polish words. I even forget words in Polish that I know the meaning of in English. It's pretty fucking disturbing.

As a person, nowadays I would say I'm pretty optimistic and If I would try to describe myself in D&D terms I would be True Neutral.

Religion-wise, I'm a Simurgh cultist but I don't think I should be spreading this around. A lot of people don't appreciate that.

Sexually I would describe myself as a bisexual, with a preference for girls and a voyeur.

I have an insane dream of having a harem. With Simurgh in it of course. As the chief wife.

I think my cape career is going to be average. Do what I can with what I have.

Even though I find my power lame I think I'll make an awesome use of it, in fact I found out that I can create some sort of mental construct inside of people. They have a need to talk about what I talked to them about and it won't go away until they match my words second for second. I could literaly talk someone to near death and they would feel a need to talk someone to near death too.

In order to prepare for a life of excitement I assumed I would have (At least until I triggered) I picked up a couple of hobbies I
never dropped. Some psychology. It's seriously interesting how a human mind works. And now I could exploit this if I knew how. Some pick up arts. It's usefull in day to day interactions as much as in manipulating someone for sex. And with my power I can do some downright absurd seduction and get away with it. I exercise a lot, helps me keep in shape. I also learned some first aid.

As to my other interests I love movies, especially action movies, but I watch romantic comedies from time to time.

I'm also frequenting PHO. It's a lot like some corners of the internet from Earth Aleph, especially Youtube.

The strangest thing is that I think my power is growing. It's a lot like Dauntless. It grows a bit every day, but one day I just might pull bullshit out of my ass on a daily basis.

If I had to say what would synergise with me the best it would be Internet working with my powers.

I also have this cape friend. Goes by the name of Jack Spicer Evil Boy Genius. A total incompetent idiot. Chases all around earth for lost pieces of tinkertech, but we're as thick as thieves. I also met Spinnerette once while in Ohio. Got a signed photograph out of it. It was awesome.

That's all I care to share right now about myself.

Right now I'm standing in a corridor at Winslow. I think I heard something from the direction of the lockers, but it's probably nothing.
I have the rest of the day off so I could go home. I could go to the library for some internet browsing, or I could go for a walk.

Curiosity got the better of me and I ended up looking for the source of the noise. As I got closer I started hearing some quiet noises. Thumps and Bangs. And squeaks. The noises came from inside of a locker that's for sure. I looked around to my left and to my right. Nobody there. Just me and the locker. It's up to me to investigate the source of the disturbance. I probably shouldn't do this, but curiosity is killing me, and I love emulating movie protagonists. Especially the well prepared ones. I'm always prepared.

Taking off my self made lockpick hairclip (You never know when you might need it!) I started working on opening the locker. Boy did I get a treasure of a lifetime. Filth and essence of disgusting flowed out from the inside. A thump, and a maggot infested body dropped to the floor.

"Kurwa." I couldn't help but say it. It was an appropriate word summing up the situation quite nicely.

I dry heaved a couple of times from the smell, but nothing more than that, I am no stranger to rotting things. Grew up helping grandparents on their farm and stuff. I forced myself to calm down and get used to the smell then examined the girls vitals. She was a mess, but alive. Who could have done this? I asked myself. First day at new school and this kind of shit happens. I turned to my bag and fetched my phone. Dialled Jack and waited.

Why the hell am I calling Jack anyway? I could get the girl to the nurse and forget the whole thing. But the curiosity of who-dun-it was killing me. Before I got lost too much in panic a voice reached my ears.

"Hello. You've reached JACK SPICER'S EVIL BOY GENIUS voice mail."

[X] "Jack you ass! Pick up the phone! I know you're in there making more stupid jackbots! I need your help and I need it now!"
[X] Screw it. I gotta get the girl some help.
[X] Give first aid.
[X] Get her to the nurse.
[X] Call for an ambulance.
[X] Any of the above in any order.
[X] You know what? Whatever. It's not like I know this girl, and I already let her out. I'm outta here.

In the end the votes ended up being either almost perfectly in agreement, some things were squeezed in even if there was only 1 vote, because they weren't mutually exclusive. Religion and Alignment were about 2:1 in votes in one specific option as opposed to other ones, so I decided that since they were mutually exclusive I won't be combining 2 alignments into one, or 2 religious views into one. It'll probably be the same in the future. Add things that aren't exclusive and discard things that are, but got the minority vote.

On point distribution it came down to having 2 points left, and I could either pick up an addition power that got 3 votes, or pick up exercise and medicine. Exercise got 4 votes and medicine got 3 votes. Exercise got 1 more vote and Medicine could be bought with the remaining point.

[X] "Jack you ass! Pick up the phone! I know you're in there making more stupid jackbots! I need your help and I need it now!"

What are friends for?

[X] Call the police.

Pretty nicely done at combining the votes.

[X] Call the police.

[X] Call the police

[X] Call the police.

[X] Call the police.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back