• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Naruto Est Imperare Orbi Universo (Dio Quest)

[X] "I'm Uzumaki Naruto. And you are?"

[X] Hello. Is it me you're looking for?

He thinks about it for a moment, then shrugs and says, "Nara Sh-"

"SHIKAMARU!"

He winces, and hunches his shoulders. "Mendok'se..." he whines.

A woman with hard black eyes, noticeable even from this distance, stomps across the grass towards you. Judging by the hair and bone structure, she's the boy's mother.

[X] And just when the conversation was getting interesting, too. "Run for it!"
-> [X] Legitimately run away, making use of The World if necessary.
-> [X] Allow yourself to be caught along with him, to build a sense of camaraderie and solidarity.

[X] Laugh and discourage him from running. "It's useless. Just accept your fate."

I'm...kinda favoring just sitting here and letting her come to us. Give no reasons for us being a 'bad influence' on Shikamaru, even if it encourages the traditional laziness.

If nothing else, we have a minder of our own, and maybe we can get her to come to our defense if we play up the martyr figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Play the adorable little boy role up to the hilt, in an attempt to win Mrs Nara over to your side.

Shika- "... Teach me to do that please?"

Aw why'd ya change it to "Accept your fate" Furiko? I liked the first one better.

[X] If he chooses to run, and defy fate, join him. If he gives up, then that will tell you interesting things about your new minion as well.
It's not like we lose in either case.

-[X] No matter how it ends, this is but the first step: the kid has potential, and you will not allow him to waste it. Because it will serve your interests.

-[X] No matter how it ends, this is but the first step: the kid has potential, and you will not allow him to waste it. Because it will serve your interests.

[X] Play the adorable little boy role up to the hilt, in an attempt to win Mrs Nara over to your side.

[X] Laugh and discourage him from running. "It's useless. Just accept your fate."

[X] No way November we'll say our goodbyes

She catches up with the pair of you almost immediately, which confirms your suspicion that Shikamaru comes from a shinobi family. It makes little difference; the point was not to escape her, but to gauge the boy's responses.

He did not start immediately upon your order, which would seem to be consistent with a normal child of that age - slow reaction time, freezing in a fight or flight scenario, inability to parse quickly spoken words and phrases. But on closer analysis such a picture doesn't hold up; Shikamaru understood what you were saying earlier just fine, at comparable speeds to your order to run.

And it wasn't that he didn't react in time. You may lack much of your physical speed in this form, but your eyes and ears still operate much more quickly than any normal child. They did not miss the way Shikamaru's weight shifted to his forward foot when he heard you speak. He prepared to follow your advice, but held himself back for a moment to consider it.

A stubborn one. Interesting.

"Oh, no you don't!" Shikamaru's mother is saying. "You're coming home right now, mister! What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I got bored and went for a walk," the boy says carelessly.

The woman stares, and then closes her eyes and massages the bridge of her nose. You catch her counting to ten under her breath, and try not to smile.

A very stubborn one.

"You can't walk off on your own, Shika." She grabs him by the hand. "If you're bored, you can practice your shurikenjutsu." She spares a glance for you, and says, "I'm sorry, Naruto-kun, but Shikamaru doesn't have permission to play today. Maybe you can see each other some other time."

[X] "How do you know my name?"

[X] "Wait! May I please come with you? I want to learn shurikenjutsu too!" Adorable and lonely orphan? Check. Eagerness to learn as contrasted with Shikamaru's lack of enthusiasm? Check. Chance to display your prowess with thrown weaponry? Check. Opportunity to get to know your potential underling even better? Check.

[X] Nod, but say nothing. Watch them leave.

[X] "Wait! May I please come with you? I want to learn shurikenjutsu too!" Adorable and lonely orphan? Check. Eagerness to learn as contrasted with Shikamaru's lack of enthusiasm? Check. Chance to display your prowess with thrown weaponry? Check. Opportunity to get to know your potential underling even better? Check.

Wow, I didn't consider this.

Well if opportunity is knocking....

I totally knew that 'Make friends with Momma' was a legit option!

Seriously, have a bit of faith...

FurikoMaru said:
Breaking the deadlock:

Seems best

...Wait, fuck. If we know self-defense then someone trying to kill us is less likely.

Maybe I shouldn't be voting for this....

I mean I like it best, it sounds best, but perhaps it wouldn't play into the plan....still. Such a good opportunity....

Or maybe we can make it play into, "Kill us now, while we're still weak enough to be killed!"

...Yeah, that can work, kill us before we unlock our chakra and are stronger than any civilian can hope to be.

Well, I was thinking tht we were acting in a different way with Shikamaru, so if we start breaking the pattern he might start to think that we are false or something like that.

overmind said:
Well, I was thinking tht we were acting in a different way with Shikamaru, so if we start breaking the pattern he might start to think that we are false or something like that.

Well, we did just pull a run for it, didn't we? Not completely so, and I am assuming enough general competence on Dio's part to know how to keep his act coherent even in front of Shikamaru.

I'd worry more about Shikamaru being less interested in being around us when we're so active, truthfully.

So yeah, on reflection a harder decision than I thought it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back