• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Naruto Est Imperare Orbi Universo (Dio Quest)

Not knowing there's a war on leaves Dio in a lesser position. Better to just claim,
[X] Not sure. My caretakers are excessively cautious.

[X] "We're at war?"

Oh boy. Yoshino is going to have WORDS with Sandaime-Kun, of this I am now absolutely sure.

[X] What is it good for?

"With Hidden Cloud," Shikamaru says, nodding.

"Shika, don't play with your chopsticks," Yoshino scolds.

Hm. Kumo-nin feature heavily in Raccoon's ghost stories, usually as child-snatchers or bloodline hunters. Simple cultural indoctrination at work, you'd thought, but perhaps she had a reason for wanting you specifically not to trust them. Then would it follow that the war has something to do with you? Or, more likely, the creature you house within your body.

Kushina said it was her burden to bear... perhaps the fox is a weapon, or an emblem of sovereignty? It would explain the lengths they went to to contain it, and why I am being raised in seclusion. If such a symbol of Konoha's power were to suddenly disappear, at the same time as her Hokage... yes. That would certainly be a temptation to a neighbouring power. But why would I be kept in the dark?

You could likely ask. After all, youth and foolishness can easily excuse honest curiosity.

Or you could answer Shikamaru's question, and ask Raccoon or someone else later.

[X] "Does the war have to do with the fox?"

[X] "I'd like to go to the Academy, if I'm allowed. I think it would be nice to get out of the apartment more often. Make some friends."

[X] "Not sure if I'll be allowed to go early. Raccoon really worries about me."

[X] "I don't think they'll let me into the Academy. People in the village already don't like me, I don't think they'd trust me to be a good shinobi."

[X] "I don't think they'll let me into the Academy. People in the village already don't like me, I don't think they'd trust me to be a good shinobi."

I'm choosing this one. Why? Because now if Sarutobi blocks our enrollment and desire to learn, it validates this sentiment. At least in the short-term. And I'm sure he does want us to go the Academy eventually, but not granting it in the short term gives us a valid excuse to believe we're being marginalized. And to that end, I suspect Sarutobi will make special arrangements in some way to ensure we don't feel this is the case.

It seems like the kind of thing he'd want nipped in the bud. In fact there's a lot of sentiments in this statement that I think will spur people to want to disprove them one way or another. So, I'll go with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Dio really feel the need to go to the Academy? Sure he loses out on potential minions, but as long as he gets training, does it matter?

Guile said:
Does Dio really feel the need to go to the Academy? Sure he loses out on potential minions, but as long as he gets training, does it matter?

Uh, that's kind of the point I'm driving at. It's not the Academy that we want, it's the learning and skills passed on. Furiko has hinted pretty strongly we will not be going to the Academy. I'm getting the impression that Sarutobi doesn't want us being exposed to this kind of stuff so soon.

So, us going to the Academy? Pipe dream from the start, for Sarutobi's likely idealistic reasons. If instead we make them believe we have a much more cynical view, that lack of admission to the Academy = not liked and not trusted, then Sarutobi's reasoning can plausibly be interpreted as an excuse.

Thus, Sarutobi needs to arrange something that dispels the notion that he doesn't like or trust us to be a good shinobi. I suspect he doesn't want to see us start simmering with resentment for years until we're allowed in the Academy, so he'll need a stopgap. And that is the concession I'm interested in receiving.

It might be learning, it might be friends, but this seems like the kind of thing that Sarutobi would want remedied.

EDIT: That said, expressing a desire for friends is a fairly safe bet.

And implying that people dislike us may get Shikamaru considering things which may or may not be desirable.

[X] "Not sure if I'll be allowed to go early. Raccoon really worries about me."

I'm sure Sarutobi intends for us to enter the Academy.

At a nice, normal age, like 7. Maybe 8.

Which'd be nice and all, if he didn't also intend to keep us in a box until that point. For our own safety, you understand...

[X] Does it have to do with the Fox?

Let's go butterfly-hunting. Or is that intel-gathering? I can never quite recall...

For all those voting for the fox you do realize that Dioruto would only know about cause he saw it at his birth?

nightblade said:

For all those voting for the fox you do realize that Dioruto would only know about cause he saw it at his birth?
is that weird?

nightblade said:
He could've found out about it later, by someone telling him or by the seal letting him peek inside.

Torgamous said:
He could've found out about it later, by someone telling him or by the seal letting him peek inside.
The second one shows that he still shouldn't know. And I doubt anyone would tell him Sarutobi wouldn't want him to know. Like Naruto didn't know.

Well, showing we know about the Fox may also force Sarutobi's hand in dealing with us. It's dangerous knowledge to reveal, for sure, but has potential rewards.

[X] "I'd like to go to the Academy, if I'm allowed. I think it would be nice to get out of the apartment more often. Make some friends."

[X] Does it have to do with the Fox?

For reference, this is two-year-old blond:

image-1-for-fangs-ain-t-what-they-used-to-be-gallery-205894945-413791.jpg

Now imagine that kid asks you, "Does this have to do with the superweapon you stuffed in my tummy?"

Your first thought isn't "Hm... how does he know about that? What an odd child." It's "Who do I have to literally fire for this?"

FurikoMaru said:
For reference, this is two-year-old blond:

image-1-for-fangs-ain-t-what-they-used-to-be-gallery-205894945-413791.jpg

Now imagine that kid asks you, "Does this have to do with the superweapon you stuffed in my tummy?"

Your first thought isn't "Hm... how does he know about that? What an odd child." It's "Who do I have to literally fire for this?"

Well, true. Problem is getting a name offered up.

I suppose we could try to frame Utako, although I still kinda want to get her to take a shot at us for the woobie backstory. Or just say we overheard fox and this has turned out to be a very lucky guess on a sensitive subject with itchy trigger fingers.

theres absolutely no reason for us to know about the fox. the only reason we know about it is because we remember our own birth.

Guile said:

how well do you remember the face of the doctor who pulled you out of your mother?

iamnuff said:
theres absolutely no reason for us to know about the fox. the only reason we know about it is because we remember our own birth.

Yes there is. The reason is that someone told us. Hence Furiko's comment of "Who do I have to set on fire for this?"

so who do we pin this on?

haven't we had basically no contact with anyone beyond our minders?

and with our ANBU watching us all hours of the day?

who exactly are we going to say slipped past them and told us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back