• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Of Ice and Men (Young Justice. Icicle Junior SI.)

Location of Team's base.

• Missile Silo in Nebraska

Votes: 46 42.2%
  • Ski Lodge in Colarado

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Lighthouse in Hawaii

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Ranch in Texas

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Summer Camp in Michigin

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Junkyard in Washington

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Rundown Hotel in North Carolina

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really dig the twist on Giganta and her Superman: The Animated Series origin you have here. Wish I'd thought of it first…

So….
….with the Wonder Twins (minus Gleek), a giantess and a blonde Kryptonian ( bonus points if Match's costume is a gender-swapped Power Girl/Galatea, maybe a white wrestling singlet as the base?)
are we going to see a 'Legion of Super Clones' with the numbers filed off? One of my favorite battles from Justice League: International was the assault on the Watchtower.

I'll just stay over here frothing in my fandom for this fine fic.

<Visual Pun uses Alliteration! It's not very effective.>

I've had pokes from my long absent Muse for writing, keep up the good work!
Thanks. I'm really proud of it myself and have wanted to use the idea for a while. Feel free to use anything you find in here for your own stories. I trust you to put your own spin on it.

I'm leaning more towards Superboy Prime than a gender swapped Galatea. But the costume is a good idea and probably what I will use.
Yes.

Aww, thanks. You people are the reason I update so frequently.

Alliteration is actually my favorite writing device. So it was super effective.

That's awesome to hear. It's something I think every writer wants to hear, that we stirred someone else's passion for creating.

Chapter 48: Chill Out
Chapter 48: Chill Out
Gotham City, New Jersey
November 6, 12:52 PM EDT

With Ted almost finished my order, I decide to wait before rushing back into potential danger. I'm starting to learn.

Since I have nothing but time to kill, trying out some new uses of my power is always fun. Making any kind of dairy based dessert ends up being nearly impossible without tanks of cream. But I master the art of making shaved ice in a variety of flavours.

It's really not hard once I figure out the right measurements of flavour. Toss it in the air and flash freeze it before it lands in the paper bowl.

When Commissioner Gordon and his partner Bullock drop by to check on me, I actually manage to resist screwing with either of them. Even through Bullock really is asking for it with all that sass.

After I get the police seal of approval, parents start allowing children to order my mini masterpieces. I'm forced out of my comfort zone rather quickly, with the third kid asking for his treat to be shaped liked a throbbing brain.

I watch the cops stare at the back of the preppy looking blonde's head and take a closer look at the kid. After a second, I let a smirk grow along with my relief at the sight of his 'Return of the Living Dead' shirt.

"Hard to make it look gory enough with just the blue and white." Handing the teen his cup, I realize I've been specializing a bit too much. The brain looks like something I would have made back in August.

"Are you kidding?" He grins around his first mouthful of raspberry ice. "Now I feel bad for all those times I melted your face off."

It takes me about three full seconds of silent blinking before I realize what he means. "I heard my skin isn't the least popular anymore."

"They fixed the lag bug a few days after the plant attack." He leans in like it's some huge conspiracy, even though I was the one who suggested it to the development team. "You actually do full damage and don't die in three hits. It's not just the try hards who play you now."

"Good, because does it look like I'm trying hard?" Tossing some blueberry syrup into the air, I send a blast of swirling mist at it.

Once I have it and a matching pair of strawberry ones, I had all three to the waiting grandmother. "On the house miss. This is all just advertising for opening night."

The red panda and dolphin are something I've done before and look a heck of a lot better than the brain. The blue looks more like a storm cloud though and I can see the little girls disappointed frown.

"Guess I'm just going to have to come back her every weekend until you don't hate how it looks." Her shocked glee makes my grin turn into a full blown smile, one that stretches from ear to ear.

"That would be amazing!" She gets pulled away by the now far friendlier grandma, resisting until I give her an exact time to come back tomorrow.

Hyena and Numerous managed to escape and I'm positive I could see Billy for a split second. But when I crane my neck for a better look, it ends up being just some guy and his border collie out for a jog. Damnit, I'm getting as paranoid as Roy.

"You're opening an art gallery?" A blonde woman with obviously fake boobs, tries to press them against my arm. Her mistake.

She yelps after only a brief moment of contact and pulls away. "You're freezing!"

"Well duh. I don't want to melt the treats." I can get my body to room temperature if I really concentrate, as I discovered back in Paris. "And yes, I am opening an art gallery in December."

Oswald found out when my birthday is and felt that Christmas Eve was a great night to draw a crowd. It only gives me and Danette a few more weeks to get it all ready and I'm definitely starting to feel the pressure.

"Any birds?" Her tone is casual and so I see no reason to keep it a secret.

"One or two." I see blue eyes flash with desire that I mistake for interest in me. "Why? You have a favourite?" I need all the inspiration I can get.

"As long as it's shiny." She takes her cup and saunters off, with me forgetting about her after a few dozen more people order.

After a couple hours and no one ends up needing an ambulance, I get swamped with suddenly very eager customers. The line stretches around the block and I don't have a chance to do more than give the off duty Robin a wink.

The older British guy with him must be Alfred and I straighten out of my slouch at the sight of him. He smiles when I explain I don't have a business license and this is all being done from the goodness of my heart.

"I'm so glad you turned your life around." His words are kind and seem to be honest, though the pair doesn't stay for longer than the time it takes to accept a trio of treats.

The afternoon goes by in a blur of faces. With a few I'm sure have already waited in line a few times today.

I start running out of syrup by five. First the raspberry and then everything but pineapple is empty in another hour. Guess I don't need to get anymore of that tomorrow, I think I only made four cups the whole day.

"Hey, can you guys clear some space?" Calling out to the people in the park, I wait until they back away far enough. "Thanks!"

A blast of white right above the ground, creates a blanket of snow a couple feet deep. It's only about twenty feet across at the widest spot. But I grin as some children are already rushing to have a snowball fight.​

Last edited:
Action and Glenn being cool scenes are great, but this chapters where he just... Does good without having to punch people and shiet is nice. Cream of the crop!
Thanks. I love super heroes, but I personally wouldn't become one outside immediate area emergencies and world ending invasions. Glenn has turned a bunch of C-listers, into the head of their field. Kiteman is the number 1 tour guide/hang gliding/base jumping company on Earth now.

Yeah, superpowered slice of life evokes that feeling from The Incredibles films, you know? ;)

Oh, and this is the place where The Call is a yandere stalker looking to get its jollies! :V

Yeah, superpowered slice of life evokes that feeling from The Incredibles films, you know? ;)

Oh, and this is the place where The Call is a yandere stalker looking to get its jollies! :V
Yeah! it really does have that kind of vibe. Now I want a story about Glenn in that world right as the no supers laws go into effect and he helps everyone find new jobs.

The Call to Adventure? Or is it a different The Call?

Chapter 49: Hailien Abduction?
Chapter 49: Hailien Abduction?
Flight 483, Gotham to El Paso
November 11, 12:27 PM EDT

"Why did you only get us business class seats?" Jade grumbles as the plane bounces into the air with the grace of a very new pilot. "Isn't the point of being rich to you know... Enjoy the perks?"

"Just be happy I didn't make you fly economy." It's supposed to be the little things that will keep me grounded.

Ted sent word he finished my suit and a few of the gifts, getting me on the first plane with available seats. It's pointless to try hiding who I am once I see a few kids waving.

So with a wide smile, I slide my hood of and wave back. A few other people are fans of the games, with one dark haired teen furiously sketching away. His eyes glancing back up at the pair of us every few seconds.

"Get ready to sign some autographs when we land." Jade smirks teasingly at me and I start to think she enjoys the recognition.

We hit a spot of turbulence and my stomach does a few flip flops. "How are the Shadows going to be able to use you? Aren't you going to get a little too recognizable for assassination?"

"You said it yourself. I'm easily replaceab-" Her words just end suddenly, along with all the other adults on the plane.

"What's going on?" One of the only people still on board, is the artist around my age. "Where is everyone?" His panic is nothing compared to the few terrified wails of children.

"I have no idea!" I'm already out of my seat and running for the cockpit. "Get everyone in one spot!" If we need to jump, I want everyone together.

The nose of the plane is tipping downwards, so I waste no time knocking on the door. I blast it with a beam of blue and shatter my way inside with a shoulder.

Both pilots are gone and I start to panic at how fast we're losing altitude. "Less than three minutes at this rate."

I don't bother screaming for a pilot. I only saw a few kids younger than me still on board and throw myself into one of the seats.

"This is Sub-Zero to anyone who can here me!" Shouting into the microphone doesn't get me an answer. "How do I land a fucking plane?"

Seeing our path will bring us down right in the middle of some town, I try to push aside all of my fear. "Get those kids buckled up!"

They always say to pull up in the movies and I resist every urge to the contrary. Yanking the wheel up, I use all the strength in my legs to struggle against the shaking plane.

It's not enough to bring us out of the nose dive and I feel the terror sinking in. The artist almost rolls into the seat beside me and copies my actions with the other wheel.

"Can you make a track and try guiding us down?" He calls out a suggestion and I decide to give it a try.

"Strap in!" Turning behind us, I seal us off from the rest of the plane with a wall of ice.

He shields his face when I shatter the windshield with a volley of spikes. The wind makes everything harder and it's nearly impossible to aim.

The first couple attempts get missed by a mile. But the fourth catches us and finally gives me a little bit of control. The icy ramp crumbles behind us, but it lasts long enough let us fall in style.

I manage to steer us to the right of the town and aim the plane towards a far emptier field. My copilot has white knuckles as he strains against the steering wheel.

"This is your captain speaking." Holding down the intercom, I try to warn everyone before we crash. "I'm going to fill the plane with snow in just a few seconds. So I'm going to need all of you to stay in your seats and I'll dig you out after the crash."

That's all the time we get to prepare. The plane starts to skid along the dirt the same moment I act like an in flight airbag.

I get nearly all of first class filled with snow by the time we hit something big, though it barely does anything slow us down.

It feels like a lifetime before we finally stop. Though it must have really just been a few seconds of pants wetting terror.

Like I promised, I release my hold on the snow. It melts away fast, leaving me with the sounds of screaming kids to deal with.

"Thanks.... For the assist." Panting as the knowledge of our survival sinks in, I pat the other teen on the shoulder. "I was going to stick everyone in a life and jump onto a slide."

He turns to me with a growing frown. "But the plane would have crashed into that town."

"I didn't have any ideas and we had less than three minutes." I hang my head with more than a little bit of shame. "So we better make sure the news knows your name."

What could have made all the adults on board, just vanish without a trace? I reach for my phone and prepare to call this in to the people who want to live this kind of life.

"Kyle Rayner..." The artist mumbles to himself and my eyes nearly pop out of my skull. "Hero."

It takes four rings before Artemis picks up, her voice filled with barely contained panic. "I really don't have time for this."

"So it wasn't just the people on my plane who vanished?" I let my own frown grow, tabling the idea of a future Green Lantern for later. "How big was the area of effect?"

"... The whole world." Artemis' panic makes a hell of a lot more sense and I don't waste time with any jokes. "Is this big enough to ask you for help?"

"Well I just stopped a plane from crashing into some hick ass town." I hear her voice hitch with concern. "I could really use a pick up and it sounds like you need all hands on deck. We just need to grab a few things at Ted's on the way back, they may come in handy."

This is sounding an awful lot like that one episode of Justice League Unlimited, when the little twerp Mordred split the world between children and adults.

The Justice League transferred to the other world as soon as they became children. A grin grows when I realize they already have someone who can do that at will on Young Justice. "Tell Marvel to try transforming."

"He's kind of terrified of disappearing if he does," She counters with a heavy sigh. "Can't really blame him."

"Put me on speaker phone." What can I say to convince him to try? "Are you the hero?" I ask when I hear the echo of through the phone. "Or is it just the powers that make you one?"

"SHAZAM!" Billy Batson proves the one who chose him was right, and even over the phone I can feel an echo of his power.​

Last edited:
This is sounding an awful lot like that one episode of Justice League Unlimited, when the little twerp Mordred split the world between children and adults.
.... Of course it's a recicled plot line.
God forbid they don't re-use shit until it starts to stale these days...

Also wow Kyle huh? In a world where my respect for the Lanterns is rock bottom since that rando preteen token minority managed to hack and jury rig one to function with no issues, Kyle is the only one with their Power I still respect.
Green-Lantern-Kyle-Rayner.png

Look at that wholesome smile!

The Darkest Episode in Young J Imo, The amount of children who died must be in the Hundred Thousand atleast.

That and probably also a few thousand adults, maybe even tens of thousands if we count older people, the amount of people Panicking Hard about having their children disappear right in front of their eyes when we have a test pool in the billions must have been insane. More than enough for quite a few heart attacks, strokes, panic attacks and Very Poor Decision making to kick humanity ass with little mercy, we have already proven at this point that we do not have enough medic professionals to tank that kind of upsurge in the amount of patients.

Chapter 50: You Snow The Drill
Chapter 50: You Snow The Drill
Kord Industries, El Paso
November 11, 4:56 PM MDT

The light of the zeta beam fades and reveals four grim faces. Robin holds up the vaguely lantern shaped hunk of glowing green rock.

"You better have a good reason for knowing why some old guy had this in his house and an even better one for why I should let you have it." He's completely confident in his decision to stand up to me and I try not to laugh.

"I don't want to keep it." Every ring is supposed to have it's own lantern. "Kyle just needs to charge his ring with it and you can go stick it back in Scott's basement."

Beside me, Kyle stares down at the jade ring on his finger. The ecstatic glee he had when I first offered it to him is gone, replaced by growing realization of what it really entails. But I still don't sense any regret in him.

"I got the heart from Free-" Batgirl stops herself when I cough rather loudly. "... Viktor's cell."

"You didn't need a full set of organs?" Did he really already advance so far in his research?

"Not according to the notes your dad had." She hands Wally a rather thick bundle of papers. "I had no idea you knew how to do heart surgery."

Shaking his head no, Wally starts whipping through the information as if it's a flip cartoon. "I don't. But I'm a really quick study and we have no other options."

"What do you need us to do Boss?" Tommy is wearing the paper mache armour that Danette transmuted into a sturdy titanium alloy.

Beside him, Tuppence looks very embarrassed to be wearing her Meta-Brawl outfit. When no one laughs at the white fur vest and leather pants, she relaxes ever so slightly.

"Almost half the team is in Bialya," Aqualad answers for me, his voice extremely close to cracking from the stress of the situation. "We would greatly appreciate any help."

"Do you want to take a guess at how many kids have already died?" I saw Rocket running some rough numbers and I did not like how high the graph spiked. "Because it's not going to stop until we fix this."

"So why did you want us to all meet here?" Artemis' foot taps a steady beat against the tile floor.

Opening a cabinet, I pull out a bow made of Nth metal. She shuts up at the mere sight of the priceless weapon and I drop it into her hands with a sigh.

"Wasn't even sure if I was still going to give you all this stuff." The League may have said it wasn't le Fay or her son. "But I think some anti magic gear will come in handy." But they at least agreed it's a mystical cause.

I hand Tommy the broad sword and smirk as he gives it a few practice swings. Tuppence accepts her own axe with a predatory grin, while Dick bashfully tests the balance of his batons.

"Shoes?" Wally holds up the boots and lined gloves with a frown. "No cool weapon for me?"

I slide my own new armour on and see the speedster staring at his brother's shield. "Didn't really think you wanted to start leaving a trail of bodies."

His face twists in horror as he realizes how easy it would be to kill someone. "Complaint withdrawn."

"The metal would interfere with your powers." I shrug at the hopeful looks from the Martian and magical heroes present. "And you hadn't joined the team yet."

Rocket nods in understanding, letting a teasing smile emerge. "That's fair. But I expect something really nice next year."

"Uh," Interrupting with a nervous voice, Kyle frowns at the chunk of emerald rock. "It's not working."

"It's a prototype lantern. You have to make it believe the words of the oath, not just repeat them." I made sure he memorized them while we waited and gesture for him to try again.

"Sure it's not some kind of security feature?" He mutters under his breath, lifting his hand to try again.

Scowling at his lack of determination, I watch him utter the words to futile effect. "See, nothing!"

"I saved the kids on the plane." My frosty tone cuts through his haze of self doubt. "But it was you who saved the town."

"Wait. Really?" I can hear Zatanna hissing to someone behind me.

Pride shines in his eyes and I watch his back straighten. "You really want to let us do this without you? Because I'm pretty sure I'll just try taking the easy way out again."

"And I shall shed my light over dark evil," His voice echoes words I never taught him, at the same time the lantern pulses with vibrant green light. "For the dark things cannot stand the light." A beam of emerald connects his ring to the Starheart and sends energy surging into Kyle. "The light of..."

Kyle trails off for a few seconds as the glow becomes a blinding flash of green. "THE GREEN LANTERN!"

When I can finally see again, Kyle is floating before us with a face set into fierce resolve. He isn't wearing the standard black and green uniform or even the one I remember him having from the comics.

Kyle is wearing a perfect replica of Alan Scott's uniform. The red wool shirt with the Lantern symbol stands out over thick padded pants of deep forest green. He even has a flowing cape of purple to complete the look.

"You changed the words..." I'm not complaining since it worked. "Why?" I'm just curious how he even knew what to say.

"I just said what felt right." The emerald artist shrugs in the air. "It worked."

Standing up with a very queasy expression, Sonic grabs the mechanical heart. "You better hit them all twice as hard for me."

"Good luck." Robin nods solemnly and dials in the coordinates for Seattle.

"Same to you." Mutters Wally as the zeta beam zips him across the country in the blink of an eye.​

Last edited:
"And I shall shed my light over dark evil," His voice echoes words I never taught him, at the same time the lantern pulses with vibrant green light. "For the dark things cannot stand the light." A beam of emerald connects his ring to the Starheart and sends energy surging into Kyle. "The light of..."

Kyle trails off for a few seconds as the glow becomes a blinding flash of green. "THE GREEN LANTERN!"
Best. Boi. Period.

Green lantern what? 5? 6? DC Earth has to be some kind of death world to need that many super cops.
To be fair, DC Earth kinda needs more if we go by all the times that the JL got creamed by consequences from humans fucking it up--whether from other planes and dimensions like those Trigon or satanist worshippers who wanted to bring Hell on Earth; or even man-made disasters--there are plenty of things that Earth spawns which would make aliens balk at them.

Hell, I bet that if said aliens look into the abyss ... they will react as if the abyss spat an Earth-sourced disaster their way! :V

Edit: Dammit Grammarly! Stop auto-correcting me!

Last edited:
Him and Alan are my two favorites, with Jon Stewart my bronze medalist.

Green lantern what? 5? 6? DC Earth has to be some kind of death world to need that many super cops.
Life world actually.

Hell, I bet that if said aliens look into the abyss ... they will react as if the abyss spat and Earth-sourced disaster their way! :V
The classic shared universe problem. All the characters are great in solo stories, but the logic gets stretched when you combine any two characters not originally intended to be.

Interlude 29: Breaking News
Interlude 29: Breaking News
Logan Animal Sanctuary
November 11, 5:21 AM EEST

As soon as Robin calls with the details, Roy quietly checks to see who is still present. He sighs with relief when both Cassie and Garfield are snoring away and even Greta can be seen chasing after the animals.

The mothers' room is empty and so is the nest Gnarrk made for himself. Even Kole seems to have vanished with the rest of the adults.

"Danette!" When he opens the last door and expects to find another empty bed, he instead finds a nude red head.

He stumbles back into the hall with his eyes hastily shut. "How old are you?" Blushing despite the emergency, Roy is astonished to find her still present.

"I could answer that a few ways." Unconcerned with her state of dress, Danette considers the choices. "Do you mean when I was first built, or when the Danette program was turned on?" Her head tilts to the side with familiarity. "It could also mean when Red Inferno was reprogrammed, or even when we became Firestorm."

"Since you aren't on the other Earth Robin said we're dealing with, It's one of the last two." Roy is about to tell her about the incoming broadcast, only for a creaky door to startle him.

Poking her head out, Cassie is rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "What's going on? It's still too early for chores."

"Something big." Instead of lying, Roy wraps his knuckles on Garfield's door. "You all need to hear this. Get dressed and meet me in the living room."

When he does flick on the television, it's the same hacked signal on every channel. "Why is Glenn giving the speech?"

"I know this is terrifying. But I'm not asking any of you to be heroes." Sub-Zero addresses the camera, with only his mouth guard absent from the new costume. "I'm asking all of you to be human right now."

What the hell does that even mean? Roy doesn't have to wait long for an answer, as Glenn straightens his shoulders.

"Humans are one of the most feeble species this planet ever produced. But we became the dominant lifeforms because of one very simple thing." The words are confident and Roy is forced to admit Glenn isn't terrible at public speaking. "We work together when times are the scariest. That's why we aren't bowing down to lions right now."

"Instead of acting like frightened animals and causing a bunch of trouble. I'm asking you to do what your heroes would..." Taking a moment to let the words sink in, Glenn sets his jaw with a determined smile. "Help each other, so we can get your parents back."

"This wasn't some random bit of chaos. Someone planned this because they wanted to break the human spirit!" Nearly growling now, Glenn slams a fist on the desk, his ignored notes flying up around him. "Don't be superheroes, leave that to the people in stupid costumes. Be super friends."

New York City
November 11, 5:24 PM EST

The nine members of Waller's team who remained in Mount Justice, sprung into action like they had been training for. The magnitude of the disaster was not something Waller's intelligence covered and the team was forced to deploy how they saw fit.

Clark Kent from a world without superpowers, pushes the subway full of kids to the next station. While on the street above him, the silent Giganta carefully extends her hand towards an apartment fire.

The Wonder Twins leap into action, with the brother dousing the flames with his now river shaped body. His sister swims through him in the shape of a dolphin, using her echolocation to find the trapped kids.

With a 'borrowed' green pickup truck, Red X collects any children he finds wandering the street. His pulse has been racing since the vanishing, despite his completely calm body language.

Jinx pushes a shopping cart with four kids younger than five, only to freeze at the face being displayed on all the billboards. The voice at the back of his mind is far too impressed for Cameron's liking and he hisses at himself to knock it off. "He's a thief and will get what's coming to him! So don't get too attached, unless you're offering to share bodies with him instead."

Poseidonis
November 11, 3:29 PM WGST

Watching the crowd surge through the city, Garth is forced to admit the cause is lost. All of the missing students are back with a platoon of sharkmen.

"The Seperatists must have been involved with the spell!" Tula shouts her revelation. "The entire force they sent was only teens. It wasn't just a training exercise!"

"The city is lost." Feeling his blood boil at the clouds of red drifting up from the few spots of resistance, Garth calls for the school to be abandoned.

"We need to warn the other cities." He motions for everyone to start lining up in front of the zeta-tube. "Shayeris will be our rallying point."

All of them can feel the gates fall, with Tula knows it will take too long to get everyone through. "I'll give you the time you need, get them to safety!"

She presses a kiss to Garth's startled lips and swims back into the hallway. Even though his heart screams at him to follow, his brain reminds him that no one else knows how to operate the surface device.

"Make sure you tell the Justice League what is happening." Garth gives the evacuating students a firm command. Kaldur will avenge us.

Last edited:
So merging three episodes together.

I wonder if Psimons' mind wipe failed without targets.

Inquiring minds want to know!
I really don't get why they didn't just wait 6 days for the 2 worlds spell. Would have gotten rid of PErdita and gotten the Echinoderm sample at the same time.

Psimon is in Bialya right now working on Harvajti and the Qurac/Bialya merger.

Man, I am enjoying every moment of this clusterfuck mixed in with shenanigans. And oh my! Jinx is interested with Cameron not liking that! What, dear papa boi, jealous much? :V

... I hope that Cameron gets exorcised by one of the magic users from the junior league, he truly isn't worthy of owning his body, much less Jinx's! :sneaky:

Man, I am enjoying every moment of this clusterfuck mixed in with shenanigans. And oh my! Jinx is interested with Cameron not liking that! What, dear papa boi, jealous much? :V

... I hope that Cameron gets exorcised by one of the magic users from the junior league, he truly isn't worthy of owning his body, much less Jinx's! :sneaky:
I like taking episodes apart and using the pieces in a vaguely recognizable adventure.

She's more seeing how truly pathetic Cameron has been while in control. He's done nothing but whine, while his body snatcher has done nothing but improve Cameron's life. She's kind of mad she got stuck with the lame version in her head. At least I would have dresed her up.

I can say it's going to be satisfying for anyone who doesn't like drama and can see the very obvious build up to the standard teen drama.

MV5BYTA3OGY2NjEtYmUxZS00ZGYxLTgxNzQtMGY0YzI0NDUwMWU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTE1NjY5Mg@@._V1_.jpg
You cannot ascertain the AMOUNT OF OLD I'm feeling right now.
After 80 chapters of saying he really just wanted friends, it just felt like the perfect cap to the speech.

Chapter 51: Winternet Generation
Chapter 51: Winternet Generation
Kord Industries, El Paso
November 11, 5:45 PM MST

"How did I do?" When the red light above the camera turns off, I feel the sweat pour down my face as my nerves catch up to me.

Artemis finishes testing the draw on her new bow and gives me a satisfied thumbs up. "Not quite as good as Sonic. But he is our PR guy for a reason, he was born to run his mouth."

Frustrated that I have to leave my own whip in the cabinet until I get some training, I try to remember my armour is far superior. Of course I picked something I can't just pick up and swing around, needed to be a special snowflake.

"Most of us lack the experience you do in inspiring strangers," Kaldur agrees with gratitude in his voice as his gaze follows mine to the Nth metal bow. "These will really give us an edge against the mages?"

"You still want to smack me for what I said to Megan in Vegas?" After so long around the teens, I've made the connection between the girl who told me off and Zatanna. "Because I'll let you blast me with whatever you want right now Hex Girl."

Her eyes light up with glee and Robin takes a half step away from the magician. "You serious?"

"Just don't cast anything you can't undo before we leave." I'm confident in my armour and need Young Justice to trust in the weapons. But I'm not a complete idiot, only like seventy percent of one.

Not waiting for me to change my mind, Zatanna whips her white tipped wand in my direction. "!eep uoy litnu hguaL"

The orange strings of light just slide right off of me. I barely even feel a wave of pressure slap against me as the spells fades away.

No one says anything for a few moments. But I can see the expressions are suddenly a lot more confident.

"Well that's neat." Robin gives the team leader an intense stare. "You thinking what I am?"

"I believe so." Turning back to me with a guilty sigh, Kaldur reveals just how long they followed me. "Salvage laws state we should return the Thanagarian ship to you."

As much as every little kid wants a spaceship one day, I know exactly what will happen if I accept. "Why would I need a spaceship? Only thing I'd use it for, is to go turn Pluto back into a real planet."

"You don't want a working spaceship?" Stunned into a stupor rarely seen by anyone, Robin's brain just isn't making the connection.

"Hey Superboy, you want it?" He's the only one here, who might ever have a reason for leaving the solar system.

A crack of thunder announces the return of Billy, his brows set into a grim stare. "The League has a target for us. But we need to strike the exact same time they do."

"What are the objectives?" Taking charge of the conversation, Aqualad shows he is ready to lead Young Justice.

"We need to disrupt the ritual and everything will go back to normal." The explanation sounds far too simple for my liking. Way too many ways this can go wrong.

"Since we have an anti magic ship..." Superboy is trying not to let his grin grow to large. "Wouldn't that be our best way to sneak up on these mages?"

Knowing her bioship can barely carry the team, M'gann is forced to agree. "It has weapons and a cloaking field. It's the better choice with this many people."

"What do we call the twins?" Artemis stares past me at the brother and sister showing off the weapons.

"Polar Bear and..." I actually don't know what Tommy chose for himself, so I go with a name I know isn't currently in use by anyone active. "Shining Knight."

I notice a small locked box in her hands and point at it. "Decided to rob Ted?"

"Of course not!" Her denial is quick and her scowl fierce. "He just told me to only get this out if the world was ending."

"What is it?" Curiosity fills me as she pulls out an iron key. Not many things could fit in a box that small and still be useful right now.

"Let's find out." Her voice is tense as she inserts the key, twisting it open before she can change her mind.

Inside is a black and blue metal bug. It looks like a beetle with massive pincers and is about the size of an original Gameboy.

"I still don't know what it is." I shrug as Artemis reaches a hand into grab the bug, only to jerk back in shock when it starts skittering up her arm.

She starts to shriek and spin, trying to get the robot off of her before it reaches her neck. My own swats are avoided by the scarab like device as it crawls down the collar of her costume.

It squeezes between the nearly skin tight material and her skin, creating a bulge that approaches her spine. "Get this thing off of me!"

"I'm trying!" Not even blasting her back with chilly mist does anything with her insulated costume in the way.

The bulge reaches her spine and clamps down with the pincers, eliciting a roar of pain from Artemis as she collapses in my arms. The costume tears into shreds as a black and blue metal covers her skin in chitin like armour.

"Artemis!" The others rush to us, even as her screams die down into groans of pain instead.

Jerking upright, Artemis snarls in my face suddenly. "Shut up! I'm not exterminating any of my friends!"

"None of use said anything..." Frowning at the strange metal covering my friend, I have no idea what's going on.

"The scarab did and it's not very friendly," Artemis admits with a hiss. "It's telling me to wipe you all out before you turn on me."​

Last edited:
"The scarab did and it's not very friendly," Artemis admits with a hiss. "It's telling me to wipe you all out before you turn on me."
Man. What bug crawled up it's ass and died?

Oh wait Reachtech. Reach's doctors are mandated by law to do that to newborns right?

In other news... Good Job Ted. Artemis may be the Hawkeye of their Avengers, but that doesn't mean she should get a Scarab for her End-of-the-World Power up!

Man. What bug crawled up it's ass and died?
Oh wait Reachtech. Reach's doctors are mandated by law to do that to newborns right?

In other news... Good Job Ted. Artemis may be the Hawkeye of their Avengers, but that doesn't mean she should get a Scarab for her End-of-the-World Power up!
Probably. The Reach is pretty messed up.

More of Artemis asking about his own mentor and Ted bringing up the scarab as something he locked away until the world is ending. He didn't tell her to use it or even where he hid it. Of course she's Artemis and found it within a few weeks.

The best part, is that due to the World Split, it's entirely possible that Ted, upon finding out his apprentice is fuckin gone, decided to put the scarab back on to become Blue Beetle again to try and save her or something.

Meaning it is entirely possible for the Split to end, and there to now be *two* Blue Beetle's. Like a fucked up item dupe glitch.

I mean, it's unlikely given he really doesn't want to put it on, but still possible!

The best part, is that due to the World Split, it's entirely possible that Ted, upon finding out his apprentice is fuckin gone, decided to put the scarab back on to become Blue Beetle again to try and save her or something.

Meaning it is entirely possible for the Split to end, and there to now be *two* Blue Beetle's. Like a fucked up item dupe glitch.

I mean, it's unlikely given he really doesn't want to put it on, but still possible!
......... Flightless Man you do this yes-yes? Very character evolution-development, much comedy-funny, yes?

You are so close, it's a little scary.

......... Flightless Man you do this yes-yes? Very character evolution-development, much comedy-funny, yes?
You'll see pretty soon. I'm writing it now.

Has he forgotten everything he knew in his previous life? I thought he would recognize the Blue Beatle
The Jaime Reyes version of Blue Beetle is fairly recent. I didn't even learn about him until shortly before season 2 came out.

So blue and robotic, we got our MegaMan, or well, MegaGirl I suppose.
Huh. Didn't even think of that. Going to have to work something in now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back