• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Of Ice and Men (Young Justice. Icicle Junior SI.)

Location of Team's base.

• Missile Silo in Nebraska

Votes: 46 42.2%
  • Ski Lodge in Colarado

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Lighthouse in Hawaii

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Ranch in Texas

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Summer Camp in Michigin

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • Junkyard in Washington

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Rundown Hotel in North Carolina

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interlude 24: Mothers I'd Like To Finance
Interlude 24: Mothers I'd Like To Finance
Logan Animal Sanctuary
October 17, 7:16 PM EEST

Marie leans against the frame of her door, peering at the assembled heroes with incredulity. "You want to leave a caveman and girl made out of living diamond here?"

"... If it's not too much trouble." Captain Marvel pleads for them all, hoping his public persona will help.

"That sounds like a dam's worth of it." Joining the owner at the door, Helena Sandsmark at least seems interested. "But the chance to study an actual Cromagnon Man..."

The way she pleads with her eyes alone, makes it clear to most that the relationship has grown between the two women. Though Roy is the one who snaps his fingers in excitement.

"You're an archaeologist!" He pushes past the confused Billy and stares intently at Helena. "You could find the other children."

"Ones like Kole?" The blonde mother is intrigued.

"Hopefully." Roy is careful not to make promises he can't keep. "I can't just sit around doing nothing-"

"Otherwise he might end up stalking Glenn again," Interrupts Wally with a teasing grin.

Instead of denying it or getting mad, Roy hangs his head in frustration. "... I think I might and that's starting to scare me. I need something to keep me distracted."

"You're really not coming back?" Greta's voice is worried, her eyes staring hard at the guilt ridden archer.

"Not until I get my head screwed on straight." He turns to back to the doctor and sweetens the pot. "I'll finance any travel to the sites you find."

Snorting at the easy offer of cash, Artemis mutters a snarky comment into Raquel's eager ear. "Money is going to fix everything."

"Does with most things," Counters a smirking Marie, as Cassie and Garfield are finally allowed outside. "This place could really use some."

Wally hears that and starts to think. I have more money than I know what to do with after those commercials. Why not do some real good with it?

"How much are you talking about?" The words lack his usual cockiness.

It gets him a strange look from Marie, who very clearly remembers the braggart. "You know a millionaire?"

"As a matter of fact..." The Sega sponsored hero puffs out his chest and glances at his friends with a smirk. "I know at least ten."

He ends up promising a full million to the place, emptying his wallet of the few thousand he had on him. "I'll have the rest transferred by Easter."

The shock almost drops Marie in a dead faint, with her son cheering in glee at the great news. "You. Are. So. Awesome!"

Wally's about to play it off with a compliment to the whole team instead. But Megan wraps herself around his arm and makes his words vanish. "He really is."

"Oh..." Smirking at her sassy blonde friend, Raquel snorts out her own. "Someone's getting lucky."

While Roy discuses the fine details with Doctor Sandsmark, Gnarrk and Kole are introduced to the animals. The caveman proves to be a gentle giant, with the herb beasts crowding around him eagerly.

"I'm not getting left behind this time!" Greta waves her hand right through Roy's face. "I'm coming with you."

That makes the mother uncomfortable. "I'm leaving Cassie with the Logans for a reason. It's really not the safest line of work for children."

"Don't worry, I'm already dead." The instant response has Helena go white as a sheet. "Nothing hurts anymore."

"I should join the search." Danette understands her 'heart' has left her connected to the quest. "I'm part of it now."

"Wait a second..." Zatanna realizes something. "Whose in charge now?"

Not even glancing at the rest of Young Justice, Roy has clearly already thought about it during the flight. "Kaldur."

"Not even going to pretend one of us had a shot?" Robin smirks.

Between the other three originals, he really is the best choice to lead. Wally and I would spend the whole time bickering.

"You still don't always report in before you vanish and Wally..." Roy turns to the red faced speedster, who still has Megan plastered against him.

"None of us girls in the running?" Zatanna is only half teasing.

"Not putting anyone in charge of Young Justice, without at least a full year of field experience first." Not willing to budge an inch on this, Roy lays out the facts. "So ask again next September and I'll consider letting you take command of some missions."

Getting jealous of Wally's physical contact, Robin turns to the magician with clear interest in his voice. "Any closer on breaking that spell?"

"I can kind of muffle it. But that just freaks Dad out and he starts looking for me anyway." Shaking her head, Zatanna is quite done with the magical nanny.

Kirk waits until everyone else is distracted to approach Captain Marvel. His palms sweat with each step as he prepares himself for the confrontation.

"You need to apologize to Wally. My brother's probably the smartest one on the team and you know that." He doesn't want to shame the person he now knows is only ten. But the insults from earlier have been bothering him all day. "He might put his foot in his mouth a lot, but he's the one we ask the science questions."

Knowing Superboy is right, Billy Batson is forced to hang his head. "I just wanted to fit in with all of you. Now that you know my secret, I was worried you wouldn't want me hanging around anymore."

"What are you talking about?" Kirk frowns at what he considers insanity. "I'm only a few months old and no one is trying to kick me out."

Gotham City, New Jersey
October 17, 2:32 PM EDT

Tuppence waits for Nora Friese and is very relieved Paula chose to come. "Thanks for the help. I'm not very good at meeting new people." Usually end up fighting.

"Artemis is the same, don't worry about it." Smiling up at the well dressed teen, Paula is proud of Glenn for changing her path. "It just means you need to work harder on the second impression."

"Not many people give me that chance," Admits the blonde powerhouse, her voice oddly meek. "This is the first time someone trusted me to help someone, instead of hurt them. I don't want to screw it up."

The doors swing open and Nora is wheeled out in her own wheelchair. It's only going to be needed for a few weeks. But Paula can see it's being operated with experience.

"Didn't think I was going to need one of these again," She isn't upset about her fate and has far higher spirits than anyone expected. "Not after I fell of the stage and actually broke a leg back in seventy nine."

"And here I was hoping to teach you all the cool tricks." Paula introduces herself and the suddenly shy Tuppence. "Guess I'll have to settle for the city."

"Glenn said you danced," Blurts out the southern bred twin. "But he never told me you was famous enough to be on a stage."

"Ballet," Nora agrees with a warm smile. "And I really can't wait to meet this Glenn. Viktor told me so much about him."​

What better way to drive him away from his heroic friends?
To be honest, they would have done so anyway--mindfuckery or not, Glenn was a villain once. Accompanied by another one on a road trip without cutting his throat in the process--which leads to 'shenanigans abound!'.

And in DC, being a villain under duress is unforgivable! :V

To be honest, they would have done so anyway--mindfuckery or not, Glenn was a villain once. Accompanied by another one on a road trip without cutting his throat in the process--which leads to 'shenanigans abound!'.

Here you too are discussing unimportant things like Roy being coded to chase the Cold Bone...

While we have Momma Fries out and about and wanting to meet her Good Boi Son. Now THAT'S a thing to talk and stay to watch... Preferably with Victor also there.

Hey actually did we get Victor's reunion with Nora? I kinda forgot if Flightless Man wrote it.

Here you too are discussing unimportant things like Roy being coded to chase the Cold Bone...

While we have Momma Fries out and about and wanting to meet her Good Boi Son. Now THAT'S a thing to talk and stay to watch... Preferably with Victor also there.

Hey actually did we get Victor's reunion with Nora? I kinda forgot if Flightless Man wrote it.
Nope, it happened offscreen--though I wouldn't put it past the author to insert it as a flashback.

And you're right, we should focus on how Fries managed to cure his wife from both disease and the whole being put in a fridge phase she went through. ;)

He as the team's first bad guy and then he just ups and goes legit. How does Glenn expect them to find a new arch rival?

Viktor and her haven't actually had the reunion yet. Viktor isn't a heart surgeon, so he was only able to give Nora a letter. The actual reunion is during visiting hours tomorrow(in story tomorrow).

Nope, it happened offscreen--though I wouldn't put it past the author to insert it as a flashback.

And you're right, we should focus on how Fries managed to cure his wife from both disease and the whole being put in a fridge phase she went through. ;)
I didn't know how to make her reading a letter interesting enough, after the walk and talk with Gnarrk. So we get it mentioned/seen during the tour of Gotham with Tuppence and Paula in the interlude tommorow evening(real life tomorrow). Glenn chapter- Nora/Paula/Tuppence -Glenn -Nora/Viktor.

I went with Macregors Disease, which fills the lungs with fluid. The lungs needed the rest of the organs to work though, so it was pretty much a full organ transplant. She's still kind of in shock right now, everything will really hit home by the end of the Gotham tour.

Chapter 43: A Bitter Chill To Swallow
Chapter 43: A Bitter Chill To Swallow
Paris, France
October 18, 10:41 AM CEST

I'm woken up by the sound of my hotel door closing far louder than I would prefer. My searching hand finds my overnight guest absent and I groan in disappointment. Was really hoping to go for round nine.

When I climb out of bed, the sun makes me squint in annoyance. Pulling the curtains the rest of the way open, I endure the brightness. "Am I mad enough to erase all these people?"

Because that's what the entity was really suggesting. That kind of power is both terrifying and very tempting.

I don't have to undo the entire world just to get the people I miss back. I could just replace a few people my new world wouldn't miss.

My gaze is drawn to a family crossing the street and I quash my dangerous thoughts. "I'm not strong enough to stop myself."

That realization is hard to admit out loud, ringing painfully true in my ears as I watch the cars zip by. My reflection stares back with disappointment and I hate myself for even considering such a thing.

"None of you hurt me." I need to say the words or risk ignoring the truth. "But right now I just don't care." I just want to lash out at someone.

My hands start to shake at my sides, as I consider all the things I never believed possible. But with the Dreamstone, I could make any of them true.

Reaching for the phone on the bedside table, I dial one of the only three numbers I have memorized. It's three long rings before she picks up and I waste no time when I hear Paula's voice say 'hello'.

"I need to talk to someone." The words tumble out of me. "Or I'm going to do something incredibly stupid."

"Glenn..." She's more annoyed than angry. "Do you need a lawyer?"

"Not this time, I swear!" The yelp I make draws a chuckle from the mother over in America.

"If someone you had reason to believe could actually give you the power of a god..." Pausing as I search for words that don't make me sound insane, I really hope I'm not about to get put on speakerphone with Ted. "What would you be willing to sacrifice for it?"

I get no answer for a solid ten seconds, as Paula considers the not so hypothetical question. "Would I have to hurt anyone for this power?"

"Probably." But I could start small and work my way up.

"Anyone besides Lawrence or Joar?" I recognize her ex husband's name at once. But it actually takes a while for me to remember Joar is Cameron's father.

"Eventually." Can't get much more absolute power than reshaping reality.

I get no judgment from the woman, she let's me find the answer with only a few leading questions. "Do you want to hurt people anymore?"

"No. I just want to create things." I could make whatever I wanted though.

"Do you still feel bad about Las Vegas, even after Yellowstone?" Those words make my right foot start tapping frantically.

"Of course I do!" I'll never be able to forget those seventeen names.

Paula hums with satisfaction and teases me now that the crisis is over. "So what's the right thing to do?"

"Not accept vague offers of unlimited power." It sounds so obvious when it's spoken and I feel a little ridiculous for panicking. "Especially when I don't even know the being's name or species."

"I was going to say, make sure Jade doesn't get any bright ideas." Warns my fellow ex con, an edge of seriousness to her tone. "That's not the kind of offer the Shadows would turn down."

After she calms me down from the overwhelming responsibility, I fill Paula in on how the trip has been going. The only part I leave out, is the whole part where Artemis was spying on me.

I'm the one mad at her, I don't want Paula giving out the punishment for me. It's the same reason I'm not telling the League what Young Justice was doing.

She laughs when I tell her where I found Tommy working and promises to tell Tuppence. The conversation shifts to how Tuppence is doing and I'm very relieved to learn about the shopping trip.

"Got a little emotional at the end. But Nora is going to make a full recovery." I'm relieved she hasn't had any complications. "Turns out, MacGregor's Syndrome needs human lungs to fill up with fluid."

My mouth goes dry when I hear a voice in the background. "Was that Nora?"

"Do you want to say hello?" Paula lets me make the choice.

"Be terribly rude of me to hang up now." My eye starts to twitch wildly as Paula hands the phone over.

Her hello is stronger than I was expecting for someone fresh out of having most of her organs replaced. "Viktor's letter had so many nice things to say about you Glenn. I can't wait to meet you properly and thank you for what you've done for us."

"You haven't seen him yet?" That confuses me until I realize Viktor isn't a surgeon.

"Your friend Tuppence is bringing me back during visiting hours. It's hard to believe he's going to look twenty years older than me now." We share a laugh and we share our love for the arts.

When I tell her about Danette and her abilities, Nora has an ingenious idea. "If you don't want to crash the gold standard, how about the ivory trade?"

"... That's a terrific idea!" It really wouldn't take long for Danette and I to flood the market with sculptures of authentic ivory.

"Did you and your cousin create the hawk in my room?" Nora mentions the aquamarine bird I almost forgot about.

"No. That was found as is, when I made our family glacier in Colorado." Boy, does it feel incredible to finally say those words with no shame.

"Was this the same trip you defaced a national monument?" Her tone actually sounds like a disappointed parent and I kind of want her to scold me.

"I'm going to fix it." Now that I've been reminded and Danette can do the hard part. "...Eventually."​

Sketchy God-Like being: "Hey Chump, would you like some infinite power?"

MC: ".... Uuuhhhh......." *Asks mother figure about it*

Ex assassin mother figure: "That sounds vague as fuck, why did you even listen to a sketchy God-Like being? Don't do it and don't let my daught know about it otherwise her bosses will do it."

Sketchy God-Like being: "Hey Chump, would you like some infinite power?"

MC: ".... Uuuhhhh......." *Asks mother figure about it*

Ex assassin mother figure: "That sounds vague as fuck, why did you even listen to a sketchy God-Like being? Don't do it and don't let my daught know about it otherwise her bosses will do it."
That's pretty much how the conversation went, except she made Glenn realize the first part on his own. Made the words sting a hell of a lot more.

Ah yes the presidents and subzero
Best 5 mortal combat characters
Well, best 4. Jefferson got a fatality from Superboy and hasn't been rebuilt yet.

You know, they could make a presidential cameo featuring the four presidents in the next Mortal Combat game but with each president having a different fighting style with their own unique fatality moves along with a variety of unlockable skins. Introduce the characters by having them emerge from Mount Rushmore when Sub-Zero adds his face to the monument and have them fight him off.

You know, they could make a presidential cameo featuring the four presidents in the next Mortal Combat game but with each president having a different fighting style with their own unique fatality moves along with a variety of unlockable skins. Introduce the characters by having them emerge from Mount Rushmore when Sub-Zero adds his face to the monument and have them fight him off.
You're both wrong. Supreme-President Rushmore, the four-headed mountain spirit, is the new fighter. No reason to add four more fighters.

Interlude 25: Overdue Reunion
Interlude 25: Overdue Reunion
Arkham Asylum, Gotham City
October 18, 1:37 PM EDT

Waiting in the lobby for visiting hours to begin, Tuppence does an admirable job keeping the less savory eyes somewhere else. Her reputation has grown enough, that only those on the top floor would even consider taking on the twin.

"That's right. I'm wearing a skirt, you want to make something out of it?" She snarls at the nearest guard, getting Nora to shake her head in amusement.

"That's a decent way to keep the meek controlled. But Tuppence, you need a cool confidence to really control the room." Nora gives an apologetic smile that seems to relax the twitchy man in uniform. "Everyone knows ho strong you are physically. So now it's time for you to show them how strong you are mentally."

Hanging her head at those words, Tuppence's voice comes out just above a whisper. "But what if I'm not?"

"We aren't going to have any kind of talk like that in my home." Grabbing the teen's hand in her own, the waiting wife makes it clear Tuppence is always welcome.

"But Tommy is going to be here in a few days, you ain't going to need me around anymore." Tuppence has really enjoyed the short time and is already regretting how she turned down the long term job.

"Do you really want to go back to working security?" Without putting any of her own opinion into the words, Nora gives the southern girl all the time she needs.

"I like hitting idiots..." The teen holds up her bruised knuckles and smirks at the memory of Humpty Dumpty's noogie last week. "But not many of them are still willing to start something."

Being twenty years out of date, Nora has no problem asking for clarification on Gotham's current events. "You're that strong?"

"It's only the ones dumber than my brother that I have to deal with anymore." Shrugs Tuppence awkwardly. "I made Firefly piss-"

"Language." The slight frown Nora reveals, is more than enough for Tuppence to blush in shame.

"... Wet himself. He bawled like a baby when his crew ditched him for Two-Face." The story has made the rounds here at Arkham already and it gets her a thumbs up from the guard Tuppence had intimidated.

"If you want someone new to hit legally..." The slightly chubby guard now has a conniving grin on his face. "My sister needs a partner."

"For what?" Tuppence frowns at the guard with the faintest hint of a Mexican accent.

"Amateur wrestling. Rosa's ranked third on the local circuit." Brags Guard Mendez, clearly a huge fan of his sister. "But that's because her last partner sucked. You could probably keep up though."

Insulted and a little confused, Tuppence forgets to growl her response. "Keep up?"

"You're probably stronger," Reassures Steve, his hands waving in a placating gesture. "My sister just has the reflexes of a panther."

"It's not going to be a problem that I have powers?" Tuppence doesn't want to be breaking any laws. Not when everything is finally going right for me.

The Hispanic man shakes his head and explains eagerly. "Roulette runs the Meta-Brawl and she only wants people who can last at least a minute with a cape. I'm sure you'll be fine."

"How much money we talking about?" She wavers, clearly interested in the idea.

"My sister has a Henry Ironson bike and is on the wait list for one of his custom cars." Brags the proud Mendez brother.

As her shocked mouth starts to catch low hanging planes, Tuppence is astonished to hear such a claim. "The guy in Metropolis who does every single order by hand? The greatest automobile artist in the history of America!"

"Oh, so you've heard of him?" Smirks the guard as the clock strikes two above his head. "Alright ladies. You both want to go up and see him?"

"I don't believe I need a chaperone with my on husband." Rolling her eyes, Nora is already wheeling herself towards the doors.

"You sure that's what you want to wear?" Steve points at the very thin summer dress. "His room is a tad chilly."

Tapping at the stitches on her chest, Nora doesn't think that will be a concern now. "Just another thing I need to thank Glenn for. Cold isn't going to be a concern for me anymore."

Her heart races with anticipation, rising with the floors as Nora nears her husband's cell. Steve hesitates in front of the door, the key card gripped between his whitening knuckles.

"You get two hours normally. But I think I can forget my keys just this once..." Steve's voice is low as he peers around the hallway. "Should give you another fifteen minutes or so."

"Nora." Viktor Friese stammers as his cell door opens, the divine figure of his wife entering. "... It's really you."

"You look so..." His temporarily wheelchair bound wife, searches for a word that isn't too harsh. "Distinguished."

He laughs at the teasing gleam in her eyes, dropping his tools in his mad dash towards his wife. Arms wrap around each other and mumbled words of love fill the air.

"I was so scared. I thought I would never speak to you again." Viktor practically collapses against his wife.

Her hand strokes his head consolingly as she hums their wedding song. "I always knew you would find a way. You're far too stubborn to give up."

"It's the only reason I ever wore you down." Chuckles Viktor as he feels warmth inside himself for the first time in two decades.

"You didn't wear anyone down," Corrects Nora, making it very clear she's still the one in charge. "I just got tired of playing hard to get."​

Does Guard Mendez's sister be by any chance Pantha from Teen Titans? Everything fits, and I think Tuppence would get along well with her in the butt-kickin' department.

I am certain that Cobblepot will be sad to see her go though ... . :sneaky:

Does Guard Mendez's sister be by any chance Pantha from Teen Titans? Everything fits, and I think Tuppence would get along well with her in the butt-kickin' department.

I am certain that Cobblepot will be sad to see her go though ... . :sneaky:
Steve's sister does indeed use that as her "wrestler" name.

She wouldn't nescesarily need to quit. Jsut take some scheduled time off for fights.

Haaaaah. This was nice. Very nice.

Nicely done with only 1000 words you made my heart grow 3 sizes this day.

On a different note, does anybody have a spare heart?
Thanks, I really liked showing what's going on in Tuppences head. And Nora pretty much wrote herself as a grown up Cordelia.

I really couldn't hold the reunion off anymore. so I'm glad it worked, i had built it up as the storiest hardest part to write.

"My sister has a Henry Ironson bike and is on the wait list for one of his custom cars." Brags the proud Mendez brother.

As her shocked mouth starts to catch low hanging planes, Tuppence is astonished to hear such a claim. "The guy in Metropolis who does every single order by hand? The greatest automobile artist in the history of America!"

"Oh, so you've heard of him?" Smirks the guard as the clock strikes two above his head. "Alright ladies. You both want to go up and see him?"
STEEL! Steel. Neat man, a substitute for Superman after the Death of Superman storyline. Not surprised he lives in Metropolis, though I think his fame and career here are different. Interesting that he seems to be a business owner here rather than a scientist/engineer. Good for him.

Congratulations Nora and Viktor. And hey, if she doesn't suffer from the cold then Viktor can stuff one more organ in her during the visit!

Last edited:
STEEL! Steel. Near man, a substitute for Superman after the Death of Superman storyline. Not surprised he lives in Metropolis, though I think his fame and career here are different. Interesting that he seems to be a business owner here rather than a scientist/engineer. Good for him.

Congratulations Nora and Viktor. And hey, if she doesn't suffer from the cold then Viktor can stuff one more organ in her during the visit!
He was a weapons specialist/engineer in the comics. But I always preferred the idea of him having his own little private garage. He feels more like the everyman smartman in overalls and not someone in a labcoat.

I cut away when I did for a reason :p

Chapter 44: Make Ends Sleet
Chapter 44: Make Ends Sleet
Gotham City, New Jersey
October 21, 8:12 PM EDT

"Can't believe telling them not to scare the plane worked." Jade cracks her neck as we disembark the plane.

Giving her an incredulous stare, I try to keep myself from screaming at the knights behind her. "I had to buy every seat on the plane. Telling them the plane would fall, was just to let me get a few hours of sleep."

The medieval men found the in flight movie, one of the most incredible things on Earth. It kept them seated most of the way. But now I need to worry about them starting a gang war in Gotham.

I guess I could have let Danette handle it, she's really the one who undid the Midas touch. Though I don't think I like the idea of Roy having a bunch of morally questionable men at his beck and call.

"So Boss, I was thinking..." Tommy gives me a hushed whisper as his guys file onto the bus.

"I thought I smelled smoke." Smirks a very amused Jade.

The comment makes Tommy take a deep breath and count to three, something I've noticed Jade makes him do an awful lot. "Gotham's not really a safe place, right?"

"Understatement of the century!" Chortles the bus driver, getting a glare of annoyance from the strongman.

"Well, you ain't going to need all of the guys to guard the gallery at the same time." His expression is incredibly proud and beckon for him to explain. "So what if we offered protection to some of our neighbours? I bet they'd pay good money, if we could promise all the shops would still be safe in the morning."

Instead of telling him how that would actually look, I scowl at the sight of the bat signal on the clouds. Not really looking forward to crashing at Artemis' house right now.

"Just bring the boys to the Motel." I hesitate and decide not to climb on board with them. "I'm going to work of some energy at the gallery." I have a key and an office I can sleep in. "Suddenly really inspired to get started."

"You really don't mind if Tuppence keeps my job looking after yer ma?" Tommy is nervous about changing my plans and wrings his hands.

"I offered her the job first, remember?"

He nods slowly. "I know. I just didn't want you to think I couldn't be counted on."

"I trust you more than anyone on the entire planet Tommy." You've proven yourself for the next five lifetimes. "You never have to worry about me doubting you in anything."

He gives me a hug that nearly crushes my spine and leaves me waiting on the curb. It being Gotham, even my appearance doesn't keep a cab away for more than thirty seconds.

I give him the destination and let my bags be tossed in the trunk. Letting his upbeat funk music fill the silence of the drive, I'm free to stop hiding everything behind a cool facade.

I don't want to end the world and I don't trust myself with the kind of power that would make it possible. But the 'Not a child' clearly wants the fragments found... Do I try and stop her myself?

The thought isn't completely ridiculous... Only mostly.

I know what I'm actually capable of now. Taking on a god tier threat is not in my wheelhouse.

When the driver pulls over outside my gallery, I almost think he's in the wrong place. It's far nicer than Oswald talked about setting up and I know the property is worth at least a few million. No pressure or anything.

Disbelief shines in the cabbie's eyes, right up until the moment my key opens the door. The room fill the place with sterile white light when I finally find the switch. The size of the building really starts to sink in and I remember this is only the first floor.

"The place isn't open yet!" A startled man gets my attention. "They don't have anything to steal."

I calm down the custodian by pointing at my picture on the wall beside Cobblepot's own. "Not here to rob the place. Just wanted to get started on a few pieces."

He's doubtful of my claim at first. The rather tall man, only truly getting excited when I ask for suggestions.

"The Hungry Hungry Hippos!" He chuckles as soon as the words leave his mouth, clearly thinking I'm too serious to even consider it.

"Coming right up," Teasing the guy ho looks close to retirement age, I create all four as if it was nothing.

"Is that the Kool-Aid Man?" He doesn't bother holding in his laughter.

To of the hippos are lifting up the pitcher shaped man, while a third tips him into the open mouth of the final one. I even remembered to leave some melting ice inside the guy to simulate the juice.

"I had a really bad week, give me the most ridiculous ideas you got."

My challenge is accepted with an eager smirk, with the crafty man actually pressing my skills by the end. The Flash slipping on a banana peel was a nice start and Green Arrow wrapped up in a giant bow was worth a few chuckles. But it was the next few that really had some inspiration.

Wonder Woman in the Marilyn Monroe pose over the steam vent, will bring in a ton of bids as soon as it's seen. And I'm even considering donating the Batman umpire to the local baseball team. It would really let my work be seen by everyone.

"Aquaman talks to fish, doesn't he?" I grin as the custodian explains his idea, sending outing a blast of blue that takes shape in moments.

"How is that?" Waiting for the cloud of mist to dissipate, I grin at the sight of Atlantis' king.

The man is in full League uniform and lays on a therapist couch. With the one listening, a fish in a tweed suit. The Sherlock pipe and coke bottle glasses, a last second addition I add with a couple more beams of blue.

I end up making the Deathstar next and surround it with a fleet of ships that the custodian hangs with wire. When he stumbles back into one of the less interesting pieces and shatters it, I just snort in amusement.

"Looks like we have Alderaan now." He's confused until I point back and forth between the icy debris and the Imperial fleet.

Humpty is pure man who doesn't understand his crimes, he doesn't deserve this
Also the idea of getting scalped from a superstrength noogie should be in the top ten most pathetic cape-verse deaths. Well, potential deaths, I don't think the strength was misjudged here, or it would be a longer story.

Last edited:
I am beginning to suspect mind-fuckery regarding Roy's decisions to antagonize/isolate/alienate Glenn with his 'stalkerish' tendencies. It wouldn't surprise me, honestly! :p
I recall Jade trying to use his commands to spy on the YJ team as well as keep tabs on Glenn but he shook it off due to possession training with Greta. Might be he didn't resist as well as he thought.

Interlude 26: Filling In The Blanks
Interlude 26: Filling In The Blanks
Mission Silo, Nebraska
October 22, 4:29 PM CDT

Kaldur'ahm returns to a strangely silent base. With none of Greta's music blaring through the speakers, he follows the noise of training.

He spies Megan and Wally working on homework at the kitchen table, with her one of the few actually able to correct him. She explained it away as Mars just being a little farther ahead in that area, not any special talent on her part.

Neither notice his presence, so Aqualad continues towards the main room without disturbing the study session. Good to see he's not just goofing off at the base today.

To the Atlantean's confusion, he finds an unknown boy playing one of the speedster's games. "Hey Kaldur, everything go alright?"

"I do not believe we have been introduced." The blonde with a well manicured buzz cut frowns at a potential security break. "Are you a new recruit?"

The ten year old Billy shakes his grinning head. "Nope."

"Someone the team is protecting?" Kaldur keeps his expression from changing, even as his concern grows.

"If Batman was the only hero who knew before Sub-Zero gave the League his list, I really want to know which of my baddies saw me transform." Calling out his word of power, Billy transforms into a new, if familiar form.

"Captain Marvel?" The teen in front of Kaldur, looks like the divine heroes son more than anything.

"Going to go by Lieutenant for a few years," Explains the boy who looks closer to fourteen than twenty five. "Grow into my responsibilities a little more first before I have to act like a super responsible adult again. It's really no fun watching you all goof off without me."

As Kaldur begins to understand more of what Marvel's magic can do, he holds out a hand. "It's nice to finally meet you. Thank you for trusting us with this."

"Bad guys already knew. Should have told you all weeks ago." Billy shrugs at the team leader who is still unaware of his promotion.

He joins Kaldur on the walk to the training area, both impressed at how hard everyone is working. Raquel creates a bubble of energy just long enough for Artemis or Robin to land on it. The moment they continue into the air, a new one is created a few feet away.

"You're going to fall," Taunts Dick Grayson as he waits for Zatanna to cast some kind of spell on him. "Those legs must really be getting heavy!"

"That's what the weights are for," The blonde archer growls back, barely pushing off the next bubble in time. "No stop distracting me or I'm going to shoot you on your turn."

"Hold still." Zatanna flicks the Boy Wonder on the nose. "This is more dangerous than a haircut you know."

Smirking back at her, Dick never the less sits down cross legged. "It's really taking that long to identify my specific essence?"

"You're pretty much bone dry in the magic department," Admits the magician. "It's hard to isolate you from the ambient energy Greta, Billy, and Danette leave everywhere."

"Is that a bad thing?" Completely at a loss, Dick cocks an unconcerned eyebrow.

Holding up her hands to signify it has give and take, Zatanna returns her own playful grin. "Magic will have an easier time effecting you. But that means any long term spells will also wear off way faster."

Snapping her fingers as she finally succeeds, Zatanna blurts out the magical words. "!eeb yenoh a fo taht ot, tnecs lacigam syo'b siht egnahC"

The could of pollen that coats Dick, leaves him couching as some unexpected changes take place. "Why is it so itchy?"

"Um..." Lieutenant Marvel frowns at the yellow and black hairs starting to emerge from the acrobat's entire body.

Artemis finally loses her composure and a jump, as she chokes at the sight of Robin. "You look like a freaking bumble bee!"

"Why did you turn me into a bee?" The afflicted hero wails, unable to resist the temptation to feel his face.

Zatanna leans right down in his face, pressing her nose against Dick's. She starts to grin in relief when her father's magic doesn't react immediately. But has to push him away when she feels the surge of now familiar energy on her skin.

"Why didn't that work?" She's almost in tears after her weeks of preparation amounted to absolutely nothing. "You shouldn't look like a human to the spell. So why does it still care if you come near me?"

"Maybe it's not regular boys that Zatara is trying to keep you safe from." Trying not to laugh at Robin, Kaldur stays focused on the mystery. "What if that is just a side effect of the spell's true intent."

Kirk finishes his own workout and walks over with the alien sphere. "You think her dad is scared of aliens abducting her?"

"Or something else not quite human." The tattooed hero frowns. "But I have no clue as to what."

"Speaking of abductions..." Wally strolls out of the kitchen with a hand entwined with one of Megan's. "How'd the report go?"

"Almost too late to be of any use," Admits a suddenly glum Kaldur. "Nanauve, Xebel, and Neptunos, have all broken away from Atlantis. They have declared themselves an independent nation and have closed the southern seas to us."

Still not sure why he was given the political geography of Atlantis, Kirk is well aware how big a loss this really is. "Three cities seceded? But that's almost half of the city-states."

"I am aware," A dozen emotions fill Kaldur's voice. "As is King Orin."

"But the Justice League is still busy trying to round up all the escapees!" Billy gasps in concern.

"Not like more than half of them could even help out anyway." Grunts Raquel, still sore over Icon's firm 'no' when she asked about visiting Poseidonis.

Growling to draw the attention back to him, Dick cross his arms in annoyance. "Can we focus on the important stuff right now. Like turning me back into me!"​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back