• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Lonely Outpost (a DOOM 3 quest)

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Your eyes scan the office before falling on the steel desk in the center of the room. With a...

Silversun17

Connoisseur.
Your eyes scan the office before falling on the steel desk in the center of the room. With a sigh you let your legs carry you to the chair behind it and settle down, the steel and plastic creaking under your weight. Careful not to touch the metal with exposed skin you reach over and activate the terminal resting on the left side of the desk. To your surprise a video begins playing.
"Welcome to Mars, Marine. High command likes to use this outpost for whoever they want to get rid of which looks to be you. Now I don't know what your sin is but I would suggest you get settled in and try to make the place seem like home since you're stuck here for the foreseeable future. I left some files on this terminal to help you out and there's a few crates left in the store room you should find handy. Good luck Marine."

What is your name?
[ ] ?

What was your Sin?
[ ] There was a protest going on in front of the base and your platoon's CO ordered you to fire on the crowd. He was still eating through a feeding tube when your ship left Earth.
-pro: the media and the common man (especially the ones handling supply shipments back Mars city, they had family in that crowd) like you.
-con: High Command and a Senator (the father of the officer) hate your guts.

[ } you slept with a General's twin daughters.
-Pro: those daughters are both aides for members of UAC's Board of Directors and they still like you.
-Con: That general? He's your boss now.

[ ] three kegs of beer: 90 credits, four kilos of C4: 350 credits paid to the armorer, the car you blew up: 100,000 credits. The look on the owner's face? Priceless.
Pro: the average marine likes you.
Con: the owner of the car was the leader of the biggest anti-military lobbyist group on earth.

where and how was the outpost built?

[ ] A Tower in the center of an open pit mine, at one time the tower watched over a mining operation which supplied the steel to build Mars City but now the great machines built by the alpha Complex supply those needs so the mines are abandoned.
Facilities: barracks, mess hall, Armory,and command center.
bonus: some of the mining equipment left behind can be modified or salvaged for other uses.

[ ] a squat brick in the middle of nowhere with a sensor array on top. used to monitor landing shuttles. Mars city has rendered the facility unnecessary.
Facility: Facilities: barracks, mess hall, Armory, and command center.
bonus: has a sensor array hooked up to the command center

[ ] A former remote research lab, was decommissioned and turned into an outpost. odd white lights were sometimes reported by patients staying overnight in the medical bay military turned the lab into.
Facilities: barracks, mess hall, Armory, medical bay and command center.
Bonus: ? ? ? ? ? ?

rules

1. arguments can make your vote be worth more. but they have to decently reason and polite.
2. omake and the like can get you bonus supply points and maybe hints.
3. you are not Doomguy, don't try taking on the Legions of Hell on your lonesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: One lonely Outpost a DOOM 3 quest

Character status:
Mao.jpg

name: Alexandria Lexington
Alignment: Chaotic good
Specialization: Armored Infantry (power armor)

Avaible Equipment:
Standard Marine kit -Mars version-
PA Knife
Nerio Particle beam weapon
Base status:
Barracks: online
Command center: online
Messhall: online, has a cook
garage: online
Shooting range: online
Medium Fuel Extractor: 67/100

forces Status:
Squad 1: ready
squad 2: ready
squad 3: ready

Relations

Marine Command: -20

Marines assigned to Mars: 0

UAC upper management: +15

UAC Middle management: +5
UAC Workers: +10

Malcolm Betruger: -50

Supply order List https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mX54Q4b-fOMjDBZ_woHgP2HlI6oX4B1zoAP7MRzVv_s/edit?usp=sharing
Ulthane's Forge: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qgwmA774F-IVKV13Z5_Q_mV3-vowa5iyuNgQ4wLfIrI/edit?usp=sharing
Index:

can someone find me a Hex based map generator?

[X] you slept with a General's twin daughters.

[X] A Tower in the center of an open pit mine, at one time the tower watched over a mining operation which supplied the steel to build Mars City but now the great machines built by the alpha Complex supply those needs so the mines are abandoned.
bonus: some of the mining equipment left behind can be modified or salvaged for other uses.

Being set up with plenty of connections and access to supplies seems like the way to go.

mc2rpg said:

[X] A Tower in the center of an open pit mine, at one time the tower watched over a mining operation which supplied the steel to build Mars City but now the great machines built by the alpha Complex supply those needs so the mines are abandoned.

Being set up with plenty of connections and access to supplies seems like the way to go.
your not voteing for number of connections your voteing for who likes you. i'll have the relations list up in a moment.

[X] Gerald Gallucio

-Pro: those daughters are both aides for members of UAC's Board of Directors and they still like you.
-Con: That general? He's your boss now.

[X] A former remote research lab, was decommissioned and turned into an outpost. odd white lights were sometimes reported by patients staying overnight in the medical bay military turned the lab into.
Bonus: ??????

Because it had to be done

What is your name?
[X] Alexandria Lexington
I want to play a Ripley expy just once.

[X] Alexandria Lexington

[X] three kegs of beer: 90 credits, four kilos of C4: 350 credits paid to the armorer, the car you blew up: 100,000 credits. The look on the owner's face? Priceless.
[X] a squat brick in the middle of nowhere with a sensor array on top. used to monitor landing shuttles. Mars city has rendered the facility unnecessary.

vote locks in 12 hours or so. before i go to bed i'll give you guys a little tip: the sin you pick? your picking your support network for getting ready before shit hits the fan.

[X] There was a protest going on in front of the base and your platoon's CO ordered you to fire on the crowd. He was still eating through a feeding tube when your ship left Earth

[X] A former remote research lab, was decommissioned and turned into an outpost. odd white lights were sometimes reported by patients staying overnight in the medical bay military turned the lab into.

[X]All of the above.
We were a bit of a problem case. Too popular to court martial, however.

-[X]Lab

[x] A former remote research lab

[X] Alexandria Lexington

For lulz.

Bonus: ? ? ? ? ? ?

Other bonuses are not particulary inspiring. Let's see what mystery box has for us.

Name: Gerald Gallucio

locking vote early. tallying.

[3] Alexandria Lexington
[11] you slept with a General's twin daughters.
[8] Tower outpost.

this is the winning options how for what you lost out on:
[X] There was a protest going on in front of the base and your platoon's CO ordered you to fire on the crowd. He was still eating through a feeding tube when your ship left Earth
The fact that you did what was right, even under risk of court marshal would have earned you the trust of the Martian Buddy network. they are a group of UAC personal that realized trouble was coming and were getting ready to face it. bonus to weapons access and intelligence gathering.

[X] three kegs of beer: 90 credits, four kilos of C4: 350 credits paid to the armorer, the car you blew up: 100,000 credits. The look on the owner's face? Priceless.
the Brass didn't exile you, they sent you to Mars to protect you from having charges pressed but they needed to look like they were punishing you. You gain covert military support.
[X] a squat brick in the middle of nowhere with a sensor array on top. used to monitor landing shuttles. Mars city has rendered the facility unnecessary.
That sensor rig would have let you track every fucking demon on the planet in real time do to modifications by an unknown benficator.
If hell exists then logic can say heaven exists. the white lights are the heavenly counterpart to lost souls and act as battlefield medics if you managed to gain their support.

working on the map and update. feel free to ask questions.

Pity the sensor bunker didn't win. That would have been useful as hell.

ditching the map for now. i'm utter pants with the program i was referred to

redaeth said:
Pity the sensor bunker didn't win. That would have been useful as hell.

every option is very useful. just in different ways.

You turn and look out the window of your officer, the metal of your chair finally warm enough to touch without risking frostbite. Leaning back in your chair your eyes sweep over the view.
The tower extends up six stories allowing you an unimpeded view of the pit mine from your office on the and the command center below it. The reminder of the outpost is at the base of the tower, connected by an elevator. If you lean on the railings you can see the eight turret mountings on the outside of the tower though they are empty at this time.
Most of the mining equipment is to the south, you'll need to send some men to check it out after that control freak Betruger stops slowing down their transfer. The bastard apparently wants all military outposts within 150 kilometers of mars city where regulations say his pet sergeant Kelly can boss them around. Your 200 km out thank god.
Your terminal chimed and as you turned to look a video begain to play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTqTBaz_AFw
Betruger is a bastard and Kelly is an utter ass.

What will your men do for the month?
[X}
[X]
[X]
What will you do?
[X]

What will your men do for the month?
[X] Get men out to that mining equipment and get it operational
[X] Have the men train. Even if we're out in the bumfuck edge of nowhere there is no excuse to get sloppy
[X] Create a quick response team. Anything goes wrong these are the guys who will get to the scene first and make sure it doesn't get worse.
What will you do?
[X] Check those crates out. Might as well see what we were left.

Status post updated. I'm looking for a good picture for your marine.

also new thing to vote on:

What was your training specialization?

[ ] Armored Infantry (Power armor)
[ ] Aviation
[ ] Tanker
[ ] Light infantry

[X] Armored Infantry (Power armor)

[X] Have the men train. Even if we're out in the bumfuck edge of nowhere there is no excuse to get sloppy
[X] Create a quick response team. Anything goes wrong these are the guys who will get to the scene first and make sure it doesn't get worse.
What will you do?

What will you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back