• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Lonely Outpost (a DOOM 3 quest)

Re: One lonely Outpost a DOOM 3 quest

redaeth said:
At least it isn't a 1.
ya a 1 would have been them finding this thing:
Artifactdoom3roe.JPG

kinglugia said:
We gonna get Hora soon
For anal circumference
It was always one or both of the twins who bottomed, you never did. roll unnecessary.

February 2143

[X] Patrols. Sure there's nothing out here we need to be worried about, but it will keep the men busy so they don't have time to grumble.
Rolled 1d100 : 60, total 60

The men did indeed start bitching about getting sent out and there was nothing of note found. They also managed to map out the safe paths through the junk. All in all you count it as a win since your month was rather peaceful with the trouble makers too busy marching around the emptiest part of the pit to cause issues.

[X] Poll the marines for those who might be suited for running stations in the Command Center. Then train them up.
Rolled 1d100 : 90, total 90

This went way better than expected. You found six marines of your complement of 24 that have a background with computers. From there all you had to do was dump the manuals on their laps and they handled the rest. The command center is now manned 24/7. Your work load has been reduced so you can actually pay attention to what's happening in Mars City.

[X] Start sorting through the trash around the base. See what can be repaired, what can be torn apart for parts and what is pure garbage.
Rolled 1d100 : 51, total 51

You got some spare parts for the fuel extractor and for life support. You think that something useful might be in pile 7 but squad 3 is convinced that the place is haunted and won't go near it. They even stole a fourth of the crosses from that one create and planted them on poles around the junk pile. The other squads won't go near it out of paranoia that your resident Tinkerer is hiding one of his projects in there. The rest of the piles are basically scrap metal from what you and the marines know. You could use them for building simple structures. (I'll have a list of what you can use the junk to build written out for you guys later, I'm open to ideas)

[X] Get some training of your own done. No excuse to get sloppy.
Rolled 1d100 : 42, total 42

Damn those four to hell. Your leg still hasn't healed from last month. You can do anything related to your upper body just fine but anything that puts strain on your left leg causes spasms of pain. You even had a doctor from Mars City look over the some photos of the wound and he says to just wait and make sure to take anti-biotics, he'll look over your leg more when you head to Mars City to pick up your supplies. Thank god the shocks on the Bison are top notch.
News/random events.
Rolled 1d100 : 8, total 8

Administrator Ramiro Williamson has left the building. Or more acutely his secretary found him foaming at the mouth trying to eat his own leg on Valentine 's Day. He's in a strait jacket and is under sedation until they can ship him back to earth.
Oh ya, guess who his biggest rival for control of Mars city was?

Ooh~ so who is it? Us?

Simple building list (doesn't need you to order gear from outside)
Crude bunker
Crude firing range
crude storage shed
Exterior Walkway
crude Gate
crude Wall
Crude guard tower
Crude armor plating.

you got an idea say it and I'll consider it.

one last clarification before i go to bed: the simple structures are not environmentally sealed. you don't have the tools for that.

night.

Gotta remember to give us a prompt I had no idea whether you were done.

What will your men do for the month?
[X] Patrols. No need to slack off now.
[X] Make an exterior walkway
[X] Make a crude firing range
What will you do?
[X] Training.

redaeth said:
Gotta remember to give us a prompt I had no idea whether you were done.

What will you do?
[X] Training.

I'll keep that in mind.

I decided to post this early. you want something not on the list tell me.
Supply order list
Budget: 100 Supply points

Marine upgrades (these cover both the reequipping of the troops you have now and future marines added to your command.)
Flashlights, Weapon mounted: 10
Flashlights, Helmet mounted: 10
Armor, Combat Grade: 40
Armor Piercing rounds, Machine gun: 15
Armor Piercing rounds, Pistol: 15
Base Buildings
Pre-fab Armory: 50
Pre-fab Landing pad: 60
Pre-fab Motor Pool: 100
Small reactor (supplies power to 4 buildings): 50
Medium reactor (10 buildings): 100
Large reactor (24 buildings): 200
Command center upgrade, Air control: 70
Mess hall upgrade, hire a cook: 40
Automated turret, Minigun: 30 each
Automated turret, Plasma gun: 40 each
Automated turret, Autocannon: 35 each
Sentry bot Bay: 150
Bison upgrades
Automated turret, Minigun (0/4): 30 each
Vehicle fusion reactor (boost engine power): 40
Sensor array: 50
SAM launcher (0/2): 50 each
Command center refit: 60
Sentry bot racks: 150

Last edited by a moderator:

What will you do?
[X] Training.

after i get the next turn up i'll turn the supply list into a google dock with some more information.

Vote closed.

here's the ordering list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mX54Q4b-fOMjDBZ_woHgP2HlI6oX4B1zoAP7MRzVv_s/edit?usp=sharing
will post in status sheet.

dice_warn.gif
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d100 : 18, total 18
dice_warn.gif
Rolled 1d100 : 14, total 14
dice_warn.gif
Rolled 1d100 : 13, total 13
What will you do?
[X] Training.
dice_warn.gif
Rolled 1d100 : 95, total 95

The News
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 76, total 76[/blockquote]

uh... you guys want to do a one time deal of 20 Supply points for a reroll for your marines actions?

the tampering is because i forgot to include the random event.

You mean spend 20 supplies to get re-rolls?

Yes. yes, I think we should do that. At least our training rolls are still doing good. Looks like we internalized that drill sergeant we've been emulating.

redaeth said:
You mean spend 20 supplies to get re-rolls?

Yes. yes, I think we should do that. At least our training rolls are still doing good. Looks like we internalized that drill sergeant we've been emulating.
every 3 months you get 100 supply points to spend on stuff from the ordering list. if you take the deal you will have a budget of 80 this time around.

We're going to need to save up to get the really good stuff anyway. So ya go ahead and re-roll.

Okay, here's the reroll.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 41, total 41[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 58, total 58[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 85, total 85[/blockquote]

i will write the update after i get my pot of soup on the burner. feel free to get your shoping list ready.
also since your gonna be visting mars city you might want to get an idea of what your gonna do there.

Average, Average, Alright. Better then the previous rolls all around.

As for a shopping list? Chef and Helmet Flashlights, then bank the rest.

March 2143
Marine actions

Rolled 1d100: 41, total 41
God damn squad 3. All of the worst trouble makers got shoved in that squad and sent to you. You're not sure who got the bright idea to play baseball with the junk or HOW they did it but they left their patrol route to go do some batting practice and now there's a dent in the wall of a garage from it. One of the labs in Mars City wants you to bring the "baseball" in with you at the end of the month so they can figure out what the fuck those nutjobs did to make a ball of scrap steel act like a real baseball. Another bottle of whiskey is sacrificed to repress these memories. Your current drinking habits explain why the twins sent you a self-help book on alcoholism.

Rolled 1d100: 58, total 58
Squad 2 did a fairly good job of this. The miners left some walkways behind and squad 2 used them to build a decent network of walkways that can be expanded to account for new buildings
Exterior walk way expansion is now automatic with the establishing of new buildings.

Rolled 1d100: 85, total 85
You're starting to think that squad 1 is your favorite. They don't cause trouble and most of the good things that happen are related to them somehow. They got the firing range up and ready in record time, your tinkerer even set up moving targets on a few different tracks.

Crude firing range online, +5 to training marines.

What will you do?
[X] Personal action: Training.
Rolled 1d100: 95, total 95
The idiots who put a dent the wall "volunteered" to be your practice dummies for hand to hand combat this month. You're starting to get into the best shape of your life. Anne and Mary (the twins) are more upset that you're on Mars then ever from when a picture of you covered in sweat got sent to them from one of the marines through your E-mail. You shouldn't have left it unlocked during training.
Squad 3 spotted your Drill instructor certification on the wall. Their screams of fear were wonderful.
Trait added: Drill sergeant +5 to all military training actions.

The News
Rolled 1d100: 76, total 76
Apparently a ship with new workers arrived this month the female population on Mars has increased by 50%. There's a women only night at the largest Bar in Mars city to let some networking happen. You're going to be there the day of so you can drop in and make some contacts. Just remember the Twins won't like you cheating on them.

Time for a supply shipment
Budget: 80 SP

What do you buy?
[X]?

your going into Mars city with squad 1 for R&R and to pick up supplies what do you do

[X] Drop by the doctor to get your leg looked at (locked in)
[X] ?
[X] ?

remember you can earn SP with omake, and you can also get more if you PM me a character profile i decide to use for a NPC.

What do you buy?
[X] Chef
[X] Helmet Flash Lights
[X] Rapid Response Team Training manuals

your going into Mars city with squad 1 for R&R and to pick up supplies what do you do

[X] Head to that Ladies night thing. Since you aren't looking to pick up anyone shoot the breeze. See if you can't make some contacts... but most of all relax. Its been a trying three weeks.
[X] Try to talk to the UAC Workers.

edited to reflect vote change

redaeth said:
What do you buy?
[X] Chef
[X] Helmet Flash Lights

[X] Head to that Ladies night thing. Since you aren't looking to pick up anyone shoot the breeze. See if you can't make some contacts... but most of all relax. Its been a trying three weeks.
[X] Look over getting an apartment in the city. If the twins drop by you don't want to have to rent a hotel room or worse have to go to your base.
Mars city doesn't have hotels or apartments for rent. everyone here is a UAC employee or a marine and is put in a dorm or in a barracks unless your pretty high rank in which case you get a small apartment. there arn't any love hotel like facilities either because the number of women is VERY low (5% of the population) because their are very few women on earth interested in working in an environment filled with men who might have not seen a woman in years (which makes things worse but since when are humans the most rational of creatures).
it's also been suggested that UAC discourages women on Mars because they don't want to worry about pregnancy until after the terraforming project starts in 2148 and the budget for Mars doubles.

Do we qualify as high ranking?

anyway gonna have to think on what to change that last thing too. Maybe you can give out some options?

redaeth said:
Do we qualify as high ranking?

anyway gonna have to think on what to change that last thing too. Maybe you can give out some options?
your kind of an outsider and you only come in once every 3 months
you can go try to improve relations with a particular group, try to locate spefic people and in the future you can take advatage of your contacts to get access to better tech or get intel.

Right, lets try to improve relations with the workers. So I guess for the third action it'd be:

What do you buy?
[X] Chef
[X] Helmet Flash Lights

crap, forgot something on the buy list

Rapid Response Team Training manuals: A series of manuals detailing a three month training program to train a squad of Marines in Recon, search and rescue, advanced first aid and advanced combat tactics. (grants the squad Elite status but requires their training to be at advanced before beginning. Game limitation 1 Elite + 1 for every ten squads. You can contiue to train elite squads after reaching the limit but they will be traded for a rookie squad and 50 SP). Cost 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back