• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Lonely Outpost (a DOOM 3 quest)

[X] Begin training the advanced squad up to RRT standards
[X] Begin setting up a mining operation in the cavern we found.
[X] Build a crude wall and gate. This place is starting to look like a proper military base. Even if it is third rate.
What will you do?
[X] Research into this 'Uriel' and the blacksmith. Why has she taken an interest in you and what the hell is 'Angelic Steel'?

I'll close the vote when Ulthane's Forge's order list is ready.

i'm now filing consturction actions under support. also go check right under the line with the link to the supply order list. I'll cover getting coins in the update.

Rolled 1d100+10 : 55 + 10, total 65
Rolled 1d100+5 : 88 + 5, total 93
[X] Build a crude wall and gate. This place is starting to look like a proper military base. Even if it is third rate.
Rolled 1d100+5 : 81 + 5, total 86
What will you do?
[X] Research into this 'Uriel' and the blacksmith. Why has she taken an interest in you and what the hell is 'Angelic Steel'?
Rolled 1d100 : 18, total 18

edit: messed up fixing

Our sqauds are getting pretty good at constructing things. On the other hand we bombed the investigate Angels sidequest but honestly I expected us to fail due to a high DC anyway.

May 2143

Rolled 1d100+10 : 55 + 10, total 65
You open up the manuals you ordered last month and review it so you could adapt it to Mars. Kelly apperntly had them give you the earth version. But you can deal with that.
Squad one goes through the entry level exercises well and is taking well to the stress the training causes.

Rolled 1d100+5 : 88 + 5, total 93
You don't have any mining drones and having your marines do the mining would end very badly. So you had them get a crude warehouse set up over the entrance and you set up a cargo lift to move personal and equipment between the caverns and the surface. You make a note to order a kit to seal the building up so sand doesn't get in and to let you pressurize the building
Gained: +25 to setting the automated Mining machinery when ordered.

Rolled 1d100+5 : 81 + 5, total 86
The Walls form a hexagon around the outpost using the watch towers as the corners of the shape. The gate faces the only ground based exit of the pit. The men worked fast enough that you had time to install two turret mounts on the gates. Now you just need turrets to put there
Gained: +2 turret slots
Unlocked: Basic wall, Basic Gate (requires ordering)
Reviewing the walls and gate you notice that they will be easier than expected to upgrade
+5 to upgrading the walls and gate.

What will you do?
Rolled 1d100 : 18, total 18
This was a complete and utter waste of time. You ran searches, called in favors earth side and even talked to an old friend in intelligence about individuals going by names from mythology. Apperrntly there are a huge number of groups on earth that use codenames based on myths but no groups are currently using Christian or Celtic Lore for their codenames. Only result was for angelic steel which you got from Ulthane's catalog. Who in God's name are these people? At least you got that reloading device.

E-mail from Ulthane:
Got some good news for ya Lass. I've got some work you can do for money I'll actually take instead of those "We'll pay you when you return to earth vouchers" they are paying you with. Some of these jobs are a bit risky so keep that in mind. Also a word of warning: don't go talking about these jobs or they might send you to the loony bin or make you disappear.
-Ulthane
Open tasks (one personal action required to perform a task)
-Scouting party sighted: A small team of scouts have pushed through a rift caused by the Delta Complex. They are hiding in a small cave system a few klicks south of your position. This job is relayed from Uriel and she says that one of her own scouts have planted a SEP beacon that will make your absence unnoticed while you cut your teeth on these pests. I recommend a Machine gun and your sidearm (not the peashooter) Payout: 150 coins. Risk level: Mid

-Old artifact Cache: nothing specil, just grab a shovel and dig a cache up. It's got some Angelic steel scrap in it that I want. Payout: 40. Risk level: minimal.

Imp hunt: A squad of imps have hidden themselves in your sector. Hunt them down and wipe them out. Payout: 300 coins and a new shotgun. Risk level: HIGH! Note: you take this job before you have some real weapons I'm sending you to the loony bin myself Lass.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Continue training the advanced squad up to RRT standards
[X] Use the scrap for armor plating
[X] Patrols. Lovely, lovely patrols.
What will you do?
[X] Old artifact Cache. Sounds interesting.

For the scouting party do we even have a machine gun in stock? Also none of our base upgrades are listed on the character sheet. Getting a bit dificult to remember what we have and what we don't.

redaeth said:
What will you do?
[X] Old artifact Cache. Sounds interesting.

For the scouting party do we even have a machine gun in stock? Also none of our base upgrades are listed on the character sheet. Getting a bit dificult to remember what we have and what we don't.
Ya, i'm going to update the character sheet in the morning. Your base armory has standard issue shotguns, machine guns, and pistols.

What will you do?
[X]-Scouting party
this my not be in option next month

What will you do?
[X]-Scouting party

Status sheet updated. Will compile the index after i'm done with updating the order sheet.

What will you do?
[X]-Scouting party

What will you do?
[X]Scouting party

Users who are viewing this thread

Back