• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Police Girl (Worm/Hellsing)

And again, dubbing kills an anime. Ugh, almost thought that was a poorly done abridged at first.

And Diana as Taylor's Integra....Brilliant!

I think the audio got altered slightly Walter sounded like his voice was a higher pitch than I recall. Also Hellsing Ultimate's dub is actually viewed as one of the best dubs out there. Also the author prefers the English dub over the Japanese dub..

Out of the hundreds, if not thousands, of animes I've watched over the years, I've only come across one or two that had decent English dubbing.
HnlrFf.jpg
[voice = Forest Gump]And that's all I have to say about that.[/voice]

Outlaw Star is good too. Casshern Sins was great. So was Space Dandy
Plus with dubbing you don't have to read what people are saying

Firstly, dubbing teams often re-write whole sections of the dialog, sometimes so much that it's not even remotely similar to the original dialog.

Secondly, dubbers rarely if ever get the right emotional inflections in their voice. This means that 90% of the impact of the dialog is lost or distorted (I've seen very serious scenes turned into light-hearted comedy).

True it all comes down to personal preference; and frankly, you've named 80% of the decently dubbed animes out there with just the 3-4 mentioned so far in the thread....that still leaves a LOT of crap.

Don't even get me started on 4kids or funimation dubs...

Usually it's either no-name voice actors that can't voice act, or big-name actors voice acting....that can't voice act (afro samurai anyone?).

I can't really comment on the Hellsing Ultimate dub though, as that (horrible) clip's the only bit of it I've seen, I watched the series subbed.

Honest question here: Do you speak the language at all, or at least watch some subbed news/talkshows in it? Because if you don't, how do you know what the correct inflection is? Your entire sample size could be voice actors who can't act, speaking a language you don't know, and one just has to look at the volume of engrish present in anime to note that anything and everything in a foreign language sounds cool/exotic, even if it is wrong. The Japanese eat it right up, even though it sounds ridiculous to English speakers. Same principle. It's likely a significant percentage of all anime sounds like crap to a native speaker. Sturgeon's law, and all that.

Studios that mangle plotlines to conform to an arbitrary set of cultural values are definitely scum, though. You'll get no argument on that from me.

Firstly, dubbing teams often re-write whole sections of the dialog, sometimes so much that it's not even remotely similar to the original dialog.

Secondly, dubbers rarely if ever get the right emotional inflections in their voice. This means that 90% of the impact of the dialog is lost or distorted (I've seen very serious scenes turned into light-hearted comedy).

True it all comes down to personal preference; and frankly, you've named 80% of the decently dubbed animes out there with just the 3-4 mentioned so far in the thread....that still leaves a LOT of crap.

Don't even get me started on 4kids or funimation dubs...

Usually it's either no-name voice actors that can't voice act, or big-name actors voice acting....that can't voice act (afro samurai anyone?).

I can't really comment on the Hellsing Ultimate dub though, as that (horrible) clip's the only bit of it I've seen, I watched the series subbed.

First, it has to do with the fact that sometimes a Japanese phrase is simply shorter for a meaning to come through, or is not relevant to non-Japanese culture. Dubbing teams have to consider whether they can fit the meaning of whatever they're trying to say in the length of time that the characters are 'on screen'. If they can't, then they have to change the dialogue so that it eventually comes to similar conclusions even if the phrase isn't exact.

Second, this might be intentional or otherwise. Some scenes are simply not acceptable in public television in the Western culture. Other times it's due to the first situation.

Especially the 4Kids/Funimation TV series. If you looked at Funimation series and listened to them in Japanese, you'll find that even though they do their own dubbing, sometimes they intentionally change how it comes out.

For Hellsing Ultimate... Well, half of it is that the original is pretty much the bloodiest shit this side of anime and if they released that in Western television, they're going to receive crazy amounts of complaints from parents. The other half I actually blame the Abridge series since they're so fucking common that people are starting to link them with the originals.

Police Girl 1.5 (Hellsing/Worm)

As soon as the cooling corpse of the losing dog and the limping winner were dragged from the platform, a pair of shirtless men made themselves known.

Entering the ring, the announcer joyously announced the fight, like a pseudo boxing match they began to dance around each other, throwing punches, dodging, while stepping over and trying to avoid slipping in the drying dog's blood.

Cheers erupted as a vicious right hook, caught the shorter man off guard, tearing open his face. A new scent emerged from the chaos of the warehouse. A bitter scent I had smelt several times before, most often whilst I was disguised luring E88 members to their deaths, lust.

Disgusting.

I needed some air, away from the freaks.

Pushing myself through the crowd to the edges of the warehouse and away from the crowd and the stench of pheromones, I caught a whisper of a scream and a shouted threat.

"-nd stay down" Someone was yelling, it was faint just on the edge of my hearing.

Definitely, a feminine voice, curious I walked towards its source, I tried to make out what was being said over the din of the fighting and cheering.

"STAY!" The voice was clearer and louder, talking to someone, commanding? "GUARD"

A door made of sheet metal stood before me, the women's voice was coming from beyond it. My foot stood in something sticky, leading to the door was a bloody trail accompanied by a set of footprints one a man's foot, the other looked like dog prints, but larger.

This must be where the dogs are being kept, the blood trail from the losing dog.

A semi trailer sat in the loading dock, from it I could hear dozens of dogs whimpering and whining from within the massive cage. The corpse of the loser was slumped at the edge of the concrete ledge. Leaning harder against the door I tried to see more of the dock.

Next to the trailer stood mountains of flesh, bigger than the dogs I had seen earlier that night or ever before.

On top of the monsters shoulder a stocky girl sat, bones and spike jutting from the monstrous flesh used as little more than handholds for the women. A whistle and wave of her hand the two riderless creatures moved away from her to stand menacingly in front of the cowering men. The only thing identifying her as a cape was the cheap dog mask on her head, none of the major gangs had anyone with a power set involving giant dogs.

They were brave taking on the empire.

"Where are the keys!?" The dog-masked woman demanded. A bearded man, blood leaking from a cut on his head whimpered as the closest monster turned to him.

"Brutus," The beast twitched as its name was called, pointing at the whimpering man, she barked "Hurt!"

As the giant moved towards him, he shouted, "Wait, Wait, Wait!"

Brutus stopped his advance at the woman's whistle.

"Here, just take it!" He all but screamed as he threw the keys at the rider.

--​

CU: BB ESE ARMSMASTER

This letter is formed for the sole purpose of response to the 'ENE – ARMSMASTER FORM 423-a' seeking permission for experimentation on subjects code named GHOUL is rejected.

At the current time, this body believes that restraint in regards to these troubling matters is prudent.

Several factors have weighed heavily on this decision, alone these factors warrant a comprehensive study, prior to any attempts to replicate and put into use.

Ethical questions to what extent the infected individuals are subsumed by the GHOUL infestation is paramount for both recovery of the lost individual to understanding the transformation.

Safety question concerning the extreme measures required to contain the spread, as well as the concerning revelation from the PANC-NW report about the manner in which the affected subjects straddle the Manton Limit.

A request for a scientific review board has been placed onto the bi-monthly policy meetings agenda, to examine the possible facets of the ramifications of replication.

We thank you for your concerns,

Katherine Fairchild,
Biological Sciences,
PRT Scientific Office,

Armsmaster held back a moan of frustration, crushing the rejection fax, he threw it into his workshop's corner bin. Turning on his armoured heel he began to pace around the cleared centre of his workshop, furiously walking to excise his frustrated energy.

It had been a stroke of fortune for his Wards to discover the infected corpses, he wasn't about to declare divine intervention but… the synergy between his own efficiency orientated armour and the fully realised potential of the GHOUL infection was impossible to ignore.

He could see the advantages the GHOUL's transformation brought, the PRT board had to as well, they were probably saving it for one of their own darling Tinkers.

Suppressing the burst of rage at the idea, his hands shook slightly. He needed the improvements it could offer. Even now, his weeks work only amounted to adding barely another 7% combat efficiency to both his armour and tools.

Nothing he could build compared to those who won the power lottery, and stood above all, worst of all it was not because of hard work but solely because of their power.

The GHOUL's were an inspiration, a completely new way of approaching the problem, effectively a mass producible Brute formula, something like that… in his hands would be truly formidable.

Power consumption of the latest armour model could be reduced to at least a tenth of its current draw by simply being strong enough to move the weighty armour himself. So many subsystems previously excluded to maximise the components he could fits efficiency, could be used to fill the space previously taken by the artificial musculature systems.

The worries in the letter were inconsequential for a tinker of his calibre to deal with, adapting the nano-thorn project's purpose would be trivial to reinforce the behaviour and memory sections of the brain, to receive both the boosted physique and retain his own mental prowess.

He glanced at the bin.

No, he needed to be stronger, and the regeneration and strength offered by the GHOUL was what he needed.

Pausing mid stride, a smile formed on his mouth.

There were hours of data from testing with broad scale analysis on everything from the insane regeneration capabilities to the infections transformation rates, and it was all still on his workstation's computer. Ready access to the GHOUL's would have hastened development exponentially. But with the data already in his systems he could make a reasonable facsimile.

Chuckling he turned, he had a project to start.

--​

Moving across the cities rooftops, my legs elongated to comic proportions and shrunk again with each step I took, crossing the gaps between buildings, I imagine to an observer I looked humorous or maybe a little creepy, a stick thin figure walking on 'stilts' across the rooftops.

They weren't trying to conceal themselves, overconfidence on their part. I could hear them blocks away.

Dropping silently I let my legs shift, absorbing the sound of my fall and the impact, I kept myself to the shadows, obscured by the shadow cast by the green garbage bin I listened to the small group of swastika wearing thug's brag.

The garbage and trash of the alley, assailed my nose, a bitter and rancid stench.

Along my spine, I formed three dogtacles, slowly growing in length they slid down my back and out the bottom of my shirt, exposed to the air the heads shifted into the stocky dog head. Opening my new six pairs of eyes my vision of the dirty alley spread, fracturing.

Conversation froze as the soft red glow from my hound heads lit up the alley.

Cursing, three of them they drew their pistols, while the fourth fumbled for something in his pocket. Something for communication maybe, calling for back up? Their fear saturated the air, drowning out the filth around us.

Ignoring the burning spikes of pain, as the bullets pierced my flesh. My dogtacles lunged forward, each head homed in on a pistol wielding hand. Maws wide the arms up to the elbow were swallowed.

Shifting the throat, thousands of spikes pierced through the swallowed arms, shredding the flesh and guns to be absorbed by me, I shivered as I felt hot blood wash over three of my tongues.

Licking my lips, I flicked the three dogtacles, smashing them and their passengers against the alley walls. With a crack, they went limp in my jaws, silencing their screams.

Pushing the three unconscious Nazis to the side of the ally, I began to walk towards the one who had a small phone in his hand. Seeing me, he started and judging from the expression on his face to his horror, he dropped the phone.

I offered him a toothy smile.

Like a spring, my hand shot forward covering half the distance between us in a second, my arm elongating like an elastic band. Taking a firm hold of his throat I reeled him back to me, my arm snapping back to normal length.

"I have some questions about your organisation," I bit down with one of the Cerberus heads, a wet crunch echoed through the alley, leaning closely I let the prisoner see my grin spread too large for my head, filled with serrated teeth, "I suggest that you answer truthfully, you won't like it if you lie,"

Eyes wide the boy nodded frantically, his chin banging against the side of my hand holding his throat.

Twitching my vocal cords, I let an intimidating reverberation fill my speech. "Good,"

Loosening my grip on his throat, he took a greedy breath his reddened face clearing. Using his preoccupation with restoring normal oxygen levels, I thought of what information I needed to know the most.

Locations of their drug and money storehouses? No, I could find those easy enough on my own.

I needed to know more about the E88 parahumans, how their hierarchy worked I the organisation, if they ever accompanied the normal thugs on their jaunts to terrorise the sub beings, and their reputations be it cruel, honest, cunning anything to get me an edge.

I had been lucky so far, I hadn't crossed paths with any parahumans muscle in my late night walks. With my limited research I knew there were capes I didn't want to come across, ABB's Lung topped my list, followed shortly by Hookwolf, neither a flaming rage dragon or a sentient mass of whirring blades was someone I wanted to face.

Focusing again on my reluctant informant the fingers of my free hand blurred, reforming into black blades.

"Pretty aren't they," Tapping the metal fingers together, a soft chime filled the air. I tightening my grip on his throat, I could feel his fear rise, "Now, listen and listen well, I want to kno-"

-nse that the trees or even the mountains were big. It was big in the way that transcended what she could even see or feel. It was like seeing something bigger than the whole wide planet, except more – this thing that was too large to comprehend to sta-

Opening my eyes, all I could see was the clouds above me and the narrow brick walls framing my vision. What?

Why am I on the ground? Last thing I remember was pressing the skinhead for information.

Squeezing my hand that was holding the Nazi I had been interrogating, I growled at the emptiness. My hand was empty, where was the skinhead?

A glimmer of movement turned my head on reflex, as I turned a blur of colour slammed into my chest.

Pain!

All I could feel was pain as something, something impossibly hard slammed into and through my chest. I could feel it as my bones broke, some into powder the hit was that strong.

Looking down I could see a red and blue glowing arm buried elbow deep into my sternum, the E88 mook was a cape?

Fuck.

Last edited:
Police Girl 1.5 (Hellsing/Worm)

The GHOUL's were an inspiration, a completely new way of approaching the problem, effectively a mass producible Brute formula, something like that… in his hands would be truly formidable.

Power consumption of the latest armour model could be reduced to at least a tenth of its current draw by simply being strong enough to move the weighty armour himself. So many subsystems previously excluded to maximise the components he could fits efficiency, could be used to fill the space previously taken by the artificial musculature systems.

The worries in the letter were inconsequential for a tinker of his calibre to deal with, adapting the nano-thorn project's purpose would be trivial to reinforce the behaviour and memory sections of the brain, to receive both the boosted physique and retain his own mental prowess.

He glanced at the bin.

No, he needed to be stronger, and the regeneration and strength offered by the GHOUL was what he needed.

Pausing mid stride, a smile formed on his mouth.

There were hours of data from testing with broad scale analysis on everything from the insane regeneration capabilities to the infections transformation rates, and it was all still on his workstation's computer. Ready access to the GHOUL's would have hastened development exponentially. But with the data already in his systems he could make a reasonable facsimile.

Chuckling he turned, he had a project to start.

.​
I guess Armmaster will be making FREAK chips.

So how long till Brocton Bay will have War Zeppelins bombing city and "freaks" and "templars" fighting over the remains?

"Where are the keys!?" The dog-masked woman demanded. A bearded man, blood leaking from a cut on his head whimpered as the closest monster turned to him.

"Brutus," The beast twitched as its name was called, pointing at the whimpering man, she barked "Hurt!"
Taylor interrupts with a smile.

Taylor: "Now, now that shouldn't be necessary. I'm sure he'll hand over the keys peacefully."

Bitch gives a quick whistle to stop Brutus.

Bitch: "Who the fuck are you?"

Taylor: "Well, I saw you trying to rescue these poor abused dogs, and thought I'd lend a hand. I'd be poor form for me to not help an abused dog given how much I love mine."

Taylor turns towards the E88 mook.

Taylor: "Now, about those keys; and I'd be quick, it's almost time to feed my dog."

Taylor summons Baskerville's head out of her arm, and pets it's head with her other hand.

Taylor: "Isn't that right? You're just the cutest little thing ever. I know you're hungry, but don't worry, if the man doesn't hand over those keys *right now* you'll get to have a nice filling meal..."

Bitch: "........mommie."

Because I could.

Looking down I could see a red and blue glowing arm buried elbow deep into my sternum, the E88 mook was a cape?

Not ten minutes ago he wasn't :p

Must say, I'm happy to see this. I've never seen a gang member trigger in a fight in a Worm fanfic despite how you'd think it would be relatively common, considering how terrifying Taylor can be in many/most/all of her incarnations (can't think of one off hand that isn't).

Not ten minutes ago he wasn't :p

Must say, I'm happy to see this. I've never seen a gang member trigger in a fight in a Worm fanfic despite how you'd think it would be relatively common, considering how terrifying Taylor can be in many/most/all of her incarnations (can't think of one off hand that isn't).
So what did this guy get in terms of powers? Cause a red and blue glowing arm doesn't really indicate anything.

Now that I think about it, this guy's shard may have pinged off of Taylor's.

Nope, think Anderson.
Are you going to make him as powerful as Anderson because Andersons regeneration combined with Armmasters armour and nano thorn have a real chance of beating fully released Alucard and taylor seems to be only around the level of Seras.

Are you going to make him as powerful as Anderson because Andersons regeneration combined with Armmasters armour and nano thorn have a real chance of beating fully released Alucard and taylor seems to be only around the level of Seras.
Or he makes an army of Regenerator PRT agents. Come to think of it why does Iscariot only ever have one Regenerator at a time?

Taylor still hasn't drained a parahuman....give it a few paragraphs into the next chapter, then we'll see what Taylor's limits really are.

Also...Give Armsmaster Anderson's mental quirks from his "upgrade" on top of his own:eek:....scary.

Okay, nice snip with Armsmaster going all Anderson, well intending too at least which given his own forte should be more than possible but most of all Taylor causing an E88 mook to trigger which gives her her first real cape fight, now I wonder what the guy got from his trigger, but something tells me this won't be of consequence(well it is if Taylor can use him after she consumed him) for very long as I think he is going to get nommed. Nice, even more curious to see where this will go, and Anderson!Armsmaster...Yeah villains won't have it easy anymore.

Okay, nice snip with Armsmaster going all Anderson, well intending too at least which given his own forte should be more than possible but most of all Taylor causing an E88 mook to trigger which gives her her first real cape fight, now I wonder what the guy got from his trigger, but something tells me this won't be of consequence(well it is if Taylor can use him after she consumed him) for very long as I think he is going to get nommed. Nice, even more curious to see where this will go, and Anderson!Armsmaster...Yeah villains won't have it easy anymore.
Taylor is technically a villain now.....

So far I'm looking at Taylucard of more of an anti-hero, rather than a villain.

Then again, they always get labeled as villains anyways...

And yes...definitely S-class.

How long before the S9 try to recruit her....that does not end well for the S9, lol....draining Bonesaw or Jack Slash would probably be bad though. She'd probably be immune to all of the contagions and such, but the people around the area wouldn't. And draining Mannequin is just a Nope....Taylucard with Crawler's adaptive regeneration though, especially with the vampiric shape-shifting to still look human? Would definitely put her to true Alucard levels.

So far I'm looking at Taylucard of more of an anti-hero, rather than a villain.

Then again, they always get labeled as villains anyways...

And yes...definitely S-class.

How long before the S9 try to recruit her....that does not end well for the S9, lol....draining Bonesaw or Jack Slash would probably be bad though. She'd probably be immune to all of the contagions and such, but the people around the area wouldn't. And draining Mannequin is just a Nope....Taylucard with Crawler's adaptive regeneration though, especially with the vampiric shape-shifting to still look human? Would definitely put her to true Alucard levels.
I can imagine Taylor would turn Riley and Dinah into her Fledglings, meaning Taylor will wind up with two "daughters".

You know.....minor things have already been shown to be different between Hellsing and shard-induced Vampires...

What if it's not draining a virgin, but draining a parahuman that creates a new vampire (assuming Taylucard is capable of creating new vampires...)?

Also, title of fic is Police Girl...does that seem to imply to anyone else that Taylucard is going to end up in the Wards at some point? The Protectorate has been shown in canon to sometimes dismiss trigger-related deaths, and possibly deaths due to not understanding their powers in the first few days as well. While Taylucard IS kinda a Nilbog clone (self-replicating life, hostile to human kind), she also isn't aware of the ghoul's creation. Also, she can survive off of blood-bags.

I can definitely see Armsmaster confronting her after she takes down Lung (that fight HAS to happen; Lisa tells the Undersiders to RUN, rather than helping her), it causing her to still be around when some of the ABB she drained resurrect, and her turning herself in, in horror. Then she gets a similar, but MUCH more restrictive, deal to Sophia....and Sophia gets the book thrown at her when they find out she caused Taylucard's trigger (why is it this never happens in fics where Taylor triggers to something horrible, like this?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back