• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Pretty Soldier Sailor Tinker Taylor [Worm Quest]

Re: Tinker Taylor Quest [Worm]

[X] A gemlike device, full of potential. All you have to do is hold it aloft and speak the first thing that comes to mind, as soon as you get over how embarrassing it is.
[X] heroic
[X] Activation phrase "Shine Phantom Star"

Magical Girl Taylor! This sounds like FUN.

In your hand is:
[X] A shard of your own skull, from where you implanted the USB port. Creepy, but surprisingly useful. And you've got so many more ideas for improving yourself already...

Lately you've been feeling:
[X] Self-centred. The World's taken enough from you. It's high time it gave something back.

[X] Plan Bii
-[X] Activation phrase "Shine Phantom Star"

[X] Plan Bii
-[X] Activation phrase "Shine Phantom Star"

I want to go the robot route because that will catch Dragon attention but the Magical Girl route sound funnier

So how do we behave as a selfish magic girl. I can imagine the heroic angle but selfish...do we just....not use our powers?

megrisvernin said:

So how do we behave as a selfish magic girl. I can imagine the heroic angle but selfish...do we just....not use our powers?
I'm not entirely sure myself. Isn't that what makes it interesting?

Last edited by a moderator:

megrisvernin said:

Dark magical girls are a thing.

megrisvernin said:

we don't give a shit and pretty much do what we want. we'll make an effort not to do thing that will get us arrested but we're more interested in our own entertainment then in any noble ideas.

In your hand is:
[X] A small creature, that is surprisingly adorable for something that's over 50% teeth and claws. You're going to have to get used to having pets. A lot of them, probably.

[X] Self-centred. The World's taken enough from you. It's high time it gave something back.

I hope the creature is a Pokemon, because I will be quite disappointed if it isn't.

[X] A shard of your own skull, from where you implanted the USB port. Creepy, but surprisingly useful. And you've got so many more ideas for improving yourself already...

In your hand is:

Transhuman!Taylor is clearly the way to go.

In your hand is:

In your hand is:

I'm more interested in Eclipse style humans than a selfish magical girl.

In your hand is:

Aww, but I want Pokemon...:(

kinglugia said:
Aww, but I want Pokemon...:(

As fun as that would be. A Biomancer who makes Nilbolg look like a talentless hack, With Piggot as Director of the PRT in Brockton bay? controlling the city. Hard mode if we're selfish. If we're destructive? Insanity Mode.

Bah, if we want to we can make Cyber-Uplift Animals with technology based abilities.

Bootleg Pikachu - A rabbit that has been implanted with a tazer, and conductive material run through it's skin.

In your hand is:
[X] A small creature, that is surprisingly adorable for something that's over 50% teeth and claws. You're going to have to get used to having pets. A lot of them, probably.

[X] Heroic. You want to make the World a better place.

In your hand is:

Calling it here. New part as soon as I extradite myself from family.

[:(] A small humanoid robot, wielding a screwdriver. She seems eager to assist you in making more.

[12] A shard of your own skull, from where you implanted the USB port. Creepy, but surprisingly useful. And you've got so many more ideas for improving yourself already...
Disminded, Darik29, minuseven, Selias, Carrnage, Vindictus, gibbousmoons, Dark Lord Bob, Anasurimbor, TheOtherSandman, megrisvernin, WindCall12

[10] A small creature, that is surprisingly adorable for something that's over 50% teeth and claws. You're going to have to get used to having pets. A lot of them, probably.
Xicree, Melfician, Nervaqus987, Peanuckle, MHLord, overmind, Bloodshifter, Deathwings, kinglugia, Prince Charon

[13] A gemlike device, full of potential. All you have to do is hold it aloft and speak the first thing that comes to mind, as soon as you get over how embarrassing it is.
Biigoh, hunter09, Tetsurō, hunter09, Silversun17, fitzgerald, shadowward, Lunaryon, Larekko12, Scope, Aleh, tsuknoryu2986, inverted_helix, Z000

-[6] Activation phrase "Shine Phantom Star"
hunter09, fitzgerald, Larekko12, tsuknoryu2986, inverted_helix, Z000

-[1] Write-In: Game On.
Tetsurō

-[1] Shatter the Skies, Raging wind!
Silversun17

-[1] Activation phrase "Shatter forth through the sea of stars"
Lunaryon

[7] Heroic. You want to make the World a better place.
Disminded, Tetsurō, minuseven, Larekko12, Selias, Aleh, Prince Charon

[25] Self-centred. The World's taken enough from you. It's high time it gave something back.
Biigoh, hunter09, Xicree, Melfician, fitzgerald, shadowward, Nervaqus987, Lunaryon, Darik29, Peanuckle, overmind, Scope, Bloodshifter, tsuknoryu2986, Deathwings, Carrnage, inverted_helix, Z000, kinglugia, Vindictus, gibbousmoons, Dark Lord Bob, Anasurimbor, TheOtherSandman, megrisvernin, WindCall12

[ ] Vengeful. You will make Them pay.

[1] Destructive. A little violence can be great for working out issues, and you have several anthologies worth on your hands.
MHLord

[X] A gemlike device, full of potential. All you have to do is hold it aloft and speak the first thing that comes to mind, as soon as you get over how embarrassing it is.

spidermounky92k said:
You're about 2 hours late. Vote was called.

Never mind looks like I voted for the winning one anyway

We're a selfish magical girl?

Deathwings said:
Look like it. Our power better not be Love And Friendship powered our we'll be shit out of luck.
Self-Centered, not selfish. You can have friends with such a focus. It's just one of those cases where if it's not happening to you or those you directly care about you don't care. Can lead to you having a great time murdering someone with your friends.

Though I admit I picked it more because I was curious just how a self-centered magical girl would work.

inverted_helix said:
Self-Centered, not selfish. You can have friends with such a focus. It's just one of those cases where if it's not happening to you or those you directly care about you don't care. Can lead to you having a great time murdering someone with your friends.

Though I admit I picked it more because I was curious just how a self-centered magical girl would work.

I'm kinda picturing Han Solo in a skirt.

Chewie is our magical adviser.

inverted_helix said:

It's been done quite well before...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzHMi9HscAQ

You move to the bathroom to observe your first test of the transformation gem. You focus and grasp the red crystal firmly in you hand. Straightening up and taking a deep breath, you gesture imperiously and cry out:

"Shine! Phantom! STAR!"

You bring the gem to your heart with the last word , and instantly the gem explodes into ribbons of light, which wrap around your forearm. They solidify into a bracer made of golden filigree, and the gem reappears with a flash, set in the bracer just above the wrist on the outside of your forearm.

Then all your clothes disappear.

Luckily, the bright light now shining through your skin would obscures any potentially embarrassing details. As the light intensifies until only the outline of your body is discernible, even that begins to shift. Finally, another explosion of ribbons wraps around your whole body this time, forming into skin and clothing.

In the mirror you look:

[ ] Older. People would still buy it if you introduced yourself with your real age, but if you asked them to guess they would probably say 17 or 18. Your hair is quite long and held in a ponytail. As you confirm, running your hands over your body, you also now actually possess more curves than a 2x4. You are wearing a somewhat brief dark blue skirt and thigh-high boots with modestly high heels. Your white top exposes a strip of trim belly, has no sleeves, and is closed up to the neck. You have elbow length white gloves with dark blue trim. You seem to be wearing a golden choker, earrings and... a navel ring?

[ ] Younger. 12 or 13, maybe, but definitely prepubescent. You are wearing a white dress ankle length dress, with a big red bow on the front, and more frills and lace than you could shake a stick at. A headband with a heart decal is holding your hair back, and you have fingerless black gloves.

[ ] Write-In.

You strike a cheesy heroic pose and declare your intent to punish all evildoers before bursting into giggles.

You blush slightly as you examine your new body, which isn't technically your body, that got sucked into a pocket dimension and replaced with a hard light construct.

You still look like you could be related to yourself, but you don't look like Taylor Hebert. As your power tells you, there should also be a mild Stranger effect helping with your disguise, but you aren't sure how effective it actually is.

You think about going out and fighting villains and saving innocents, and other heroics, but you find yourself somewhat unenthusiastic about it. Nobody came to your rescue when you needed it, and now that you have powers, wouldn't it be fine to use them to do something for yourself for a change?
You're going to have to think about this.

The next day you're sitting in a secluded corner of a public library, having done some research into the cape scene.

You can think of several courses of action:

[ ] You could make contact with the PRT. With your powers it shouldn't much trouble to negotiate favourable terms either as a Ward, or as an ally. They could do much for you like provide you with tools and materials, backup, and a way out of Winslow. On the other hand, they would almost certainly try to place restrictions on you, and you would have to interact with the other Wards.
[ ] You could try making it as an independent hero. Normally, that would be ill-advised for a Tinker, but with your power you are somewhat uniquely suited to it. Fame and prestige sound might nice.
[ ] You could try simply hiring yourself out. Quite a few people were willing to pay good money for a cape's time.
[ ] You could take your time and do more research, experiment with your powers, and in general prepare for cape-hood. (Timeskip)
[ ] Write-In.

Another thing you have to consider is whether you should let your father know. You weren't planning to, but an interesting discussion on the PHO forums pointed out that, if you were serious about being a cape, there was no way your family and friends wouldn't realise that something was going on, sooner or later.
[ ] Yes, you should let him know.
[ ] No, you shouldn't worry him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back