• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Pretty Soldier Sailor Tinker Taylor [Worm Quest]

Have her sense 'Thoughts', for maximum pants-crapping later.

Magical Girl Khepri-Chan, gogogo!

Don't magical girls usually have a theme they're based around?

Taylor's theme could be "Bonds", as Emma breaking the bond of friendship between them is the major source of her trauma. It could express itself as a "Red Thread of Fate."

The red string of fate, also referred to as the red thread of destiny, red thread of fate, and other variants, is an East Asian belief originating from Chinese legend and is also used in Japanese legend. According to this myth, the gods tie a red cord around the ankles of those that are to meet one another in a certain situation or help each other in a certain way. Often, in Japanese culture, it is thought to be tied around the little finger. According to Chinese legend, the deity in charge of "the red thread" is believed to be Yuè Xià Lǎo (月下老, often abbreviated to "Yuèlǎo" [月老]), the old lunar matchmaker god who is also in charge of marriages.

The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. This magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break. This myth is similar to the Western concept of soulmates or a destined flame.

I'm thinking ditch the blasting power, let Taylor tie people up with red threads and use them as battlefield control by stringing them up as tripwires. For the master power, she see red threads connecting her to those who are important or fated to interact with her in some way. So, she'd be able to see a red thread connected her to the thugs who are about to ambush her, one connecting her to her future teammates or one connecting her to her father. She wouldn't necessarily know what these threads mean, but once connected she knows who each thread goes to and can follow it so long as the connection lasts (i.e. she wouldn't know why she was connected to the smiling blond girl, but once aware of the connection she could use it to track her down, so long as there's a chance the girl will be a future teammate).

Thoughts? Too powerful?

Jaertin said:
Yesterday, I couldn't think of a good way to go rogue with this particular set, since the gems would require regular TLC from Taylor, like all Tinker tech. Later, I realised that she probably could make gems that deactivate after a set amount of time, before they can become dangerously unstable. I think people would be willing to spend money to have powers for a day, if anyone wanted to try being a rogue.
She could also use the hard light and pocket dimension technologies separately to make things like rayguns, bags of holding, shield generators, or Green Lantern-esque telekinetic manipulator projectors.

She may have already built some of the latter, as a part of building the tools to build her little transformation trinket.

Jaertin said:
You are a Tinker.

Your gems essentially give people a Changer power.

The form they Change into, is a minor to mid Brute (the hard light bodies are tougher, stronger and more resistant to pain than normal, plus the real body is returned, safe and intact, when the transformation is undone), and they get personalised powers.

The Stranger power is just that people are unlikely to make the connection between "looks a bit like Taylor" and "could be Taylor in disguise," unless they have serious evidence, or have witnessed the transformation. Not strong enough to stop Thinkers.

For Tailor I'm currently thinking weak energy blasts, some kind of restraining power (ribbons?), and the beginnings of a Master/Thinker power (being able to sense people or something, maybe emotions, but that's cribbing Gallant's style).

Ideas welcome, both for Taylor, and those she may gift in the future.

Yesterday, I couldn't think of a good way to go rogue with this particular set, since the gems would require regular TLC from Taylor, like all Tinker tech. Later, I realised that she probably could make gems that deactivate after a set amount of time, before they can become dangerously unstable. I think people would be willing to spend money to have powers for a day, if anyone wanted to try being a rogue.

Update probably in the evening (Central European Time).
would self repair systems in the Gems a late game thing?

also for binding how about Hard light chains?

[X] The same age, but with noticeable differences. Your hair is longer, but instead of the dark color like your Mom's it is now a fiery red flowing down your back with a long blond bang on the side. As you confirm, running your hands over your body, you also now actually possess more curves than a 2x4. You are wearing a somewhat brief dark blue skirt and thigh-high boots with modestly high heels. Your white top exposes a strip of trim belly, has no sleeves, and is closed up to the neck. You have elbow length white gloves with dark blue trim. You seem to be wearing a golden choker, earrings and... a navel ring?

[X] You could take your time and do more research, experiment with your powers, and in general prepare for cape-hood. (Timeskip)
[X] Yes, you should let him know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Older. People would still buy it if you introduced yourself with your real age, but if you asked them to guess they would probably say 17 or 18. Your hair is longer, but instead of the dark color like your Mom's it is now a fiery red flowing down your back with a long blond bang on the side. As you confirm, running your hands over your body, you also now actually possess more curves than a 2x4. You are wearing a somewhat brief dark blue skirt and thigh-high boots with modestly high heels. Your white top exposes a strip of trim belly, has no sleeves, and is closed up to the neck. You have elbow length white gloves with dark blue trim. You seem to be wearing a golden choker, earrings and... a navel ring?

[X] You could take your time and do more research, experiment with your powers, and in general prepare for cape-hood. (Timeskip)

[X] Older. People would still buy it if you introduced yourself with your real age, but if you asked them to guess they would probably say 17 or 18. Your hair is longer, but instead of the dark color like your Mom's it is now a fiery red flowing down your back with a long blond bang on the side. As you confirm, running your hands over your body, you also now actually possess more curves than a 2x4. You are wearing a somewhat brief dark blue skirt and thigh-high boots with modestly high heels. Your white top exposes a strip of trim belly, has no sleeves, and is closed up to the neck. You have elbow length white gloves with dark blue trim. You seem to be wearing a golden choker, earrings and... a navel ring?

[X] No, you shouldn't worry him.

Seeing as we're a Tinker, I guess that means that our power progression will be of the MGLN persuasion rather then Sailor Moon. That is, we'll have to manually upgrade our trinket rather then just rely on sudden arbitrary power-up out of nowhere.

We need to quantify how our trinket work. "Magic" through math ? Imagination ?

Deathwings said:
Seeing as we're a Tinker, I guess that means that our power progression will be of the MGLN persuasion rather then Sailor Moon. That is, we'll have to manually upgrade our trinket rather then just rely on sudden arbitrary power-up out of nowhere.

We need to quantify how our trinket work. "Magic" through math ? Imagination ?
The QM said that our trinket stores our real body in a pocket dimension and projects a hardlight construct into the world in our place. Thus any damage our Senshi form takes is not reflected at all when we untransform. Yay for conveniently not having to explain injuries.

And yeah our power ups are going to be based on upgrading our trinket I expect. Which means we need more resources and research.

[x] You could take your time and do more research, experiment with your powers, and in general prepare for cape-hood. (Timeskip)
one month

[X] No, you shouldn't worry him.

something we should do is periodically have holographic screens appear while we are talk discussing something with someone and have it display text in an alphabet no one but us can read.

Silversun17 said:
something we should do is periodically have holographic screens appear while we are talk discussing something with someone and have it display text in an alphabet no one but us can read.
That seems like an awful lot of linguistics training just for an aesthetic gag. I mean anything we need to know can be added to the visual feed anyways. The whole thing is a projection so can just add any relevant data directly to the sensory stream going to our mind to begin with and skip the hologram that someone else could figure out.

inverted_helix said:
That seems like an awful lot of linguistics training just for an aesthetic gag. I mean anything we need to know can be added to the visual feed anyways. The whole thing is a projection so can just add any relevant data directly to the sensory stream going to our mind to begin with and skip the hologram that someone else could figure out.
the hologram is mostly to fuck with people. the real data would be sent right to the brain or beam into our retina.

I even picked out an alphabet to use. Hymmnos

AoeLfWx.png

translation
If you are reading this: I'm fucking with everyone for my own amusement, all the data is being projected into my retina rather than be on a screen anyone can read.

Oh you wanted to know what the data is? Try asking rather than reading over my shoulder.

Silversun17 said:
the hologram is mostly to fuck with people. the real data would be sent right to the brain or beam into our retina.

I even picked out an alphabet to use. Hymmnos

-pic snip-
translation
If you are reading this: I'm fucking with everyone for my own amusement, all the data is being projected into my retina rather than be on a screen anyone can read.

Oh you wanted to know what the data is? Try asking rather than reading over my shoulder.
Ladies, Gentleman, and assorted Elderitch Abominations... Taylor Hebert, Magical Girl Troll in the making.

[X] The same age, but with noticeable differences. Your hair is longer, but instead of the dark color like your Mom's it is now a fiery red flowing down your back with a long blond bang on the side. As you confirm, running your hands over your body, you also now actually possess more curves than a 2x4. You are wearing a somewhat brief dark blue skirt and thigh-high boots with modestly high heels. Your white top exposes a strip of trim belly, has no sleeves, and is closed up to the neck. You have elbow length white gloves with dark blue trim. You seem to be wearing a golden choker, earrings and... a navel ring?

Is it possible to get a hard light construct that looks exactly like Taylor and never have her own body outside of the pocket dimension? Is there any limits to how long the body can be there before there are negative effects?(does it still need food, water etc.)

ShadowAngelBeta said:
Ladies, Gentleman, and assorted Elderitch Abominations... Taylor Hebert, Magical Girl Troll in the making.
that's only occasional usage. other times it will be the lyrics of Daisy Daisy, a page from a dictionary, that days newspaper, a list of yo mama jokes and so on.

Silversun17 said:
that's only occasional usage. other times it will be the lyrics of Daisy Daisy, a page from a dictionary, that days newspaper, a list of yo mama jokes and so on.
I suppose that's halfway reasonable then. Magical Girl Troll is pretty funny.

Depends how much effort it takes to research/build.

Silversun17 said:

If Armsmaster or Dragon translates it first, I will die laughing.

inverted_helix said:
I suppose that's halfway reasonable then. Magical Girl Troll is pretty funny.

Depends how much effort it takes to research/build.
it's just a straight conversion of a letter to a symbol.

tsuknoryu2986 said:
If Armsmaster or Dragon translates it first, I will die laughing.
If we use Hymmnos i expect Uber and LEET to crack it.

[X] Older. People would still buy it if you introduced yourself with your real age, but if you asked them to guess they would probably say 17 or 18. Your hair is quite long and held in a ponytail. As you confirm, running your hands over your body, you also now actually possess more curves than a 2x4. You are wearing a somewhat brief dark blue skirt and thigh-high boots with modestly high heels. Your white top exposes a strip of trim belly, has no sleeves, and is closed up to the neck. You have elbow length white gloves with dark blue trim. You seem to be wearing a golden choker, earrings and... a navel ring?

Vote Change.

Silversun17 said:
it's just a straight conversion of a letter to a symbol.
If we use Hymmnos i expect Uber and LEET to crack it.
I meant to build the holographic interface. It shouldn't be too different from the hardlight projected body I guess, but maybe it is.

Edited my vote post slightly. Decided to go for the rogue now route, since I figure more money for upgrades that way will probably give benefit more than the tinkering time while poor.

Sorry, no post today, Factorio ate what little of my day surprise family reunion didn't. Sleep beckons.

I think that later we should join the Wards and when we learn about Sophia declare that if they don't want us to quit and blacklist the PRT for our products we want Sophia and her accomplices in jail as the price for our loyalty.

Arrr... Red hair on a blue and white costume?!

My inner fashion designer is tearing his hair out and shrieking!

+rolls on the floor laughing+

Grosstoad said:
Arrr... Red hair on a blue and white costume?!

My inner fashion designer is tearing his hair out and shrieking!

+rolls on the floor laughing+

It is pretty atrocious, isn't it?

Here, let me fix that for you all.

[X] Hair- Long, curling locks of gold.
[X] Top- A black blouse with a navy vest over it.
[X] Bottom- Pleated navy skirt, down to mid-thigh
[X] Legs- Knee-high black stockings
[X] Shoes- Simple navy heels
[X] Accessories- Gold brooch, with brass inlays and a large sapphire set in the center. Bracelet, right wrist, simple band with brass inlays. Brass buttons on vest.

Vindictus said:
It is pretty atrocious, isn't it?

Here, let me fix that for you all.

[X] Hair- Long, curling locks of gold.
[X] Top- A black blouse with a navy vest over it.
[X] Bottom- Pleated navy skirt, down to mid-thigh
[X] Legs- Knee-high black stockings
[X] Shoes- Simple navy heels
[X] Accessories- Gold brooch, with brass inlays and a large sapphire set in the center. Bracelet, right wrist, simple band with brass inlays. Brass buttons on vest.

Same physical traits including apparent age?

Well I already voted for 'A little bit older'.

But you can attach whatever age you'd like to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back