• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

QQ Writing Club

With 2.5 minutes to spare, challenge completed at 812 words. Yay!

Going to be a failed challenge today. It takes ~2 hours to rush an update through at minimum, and I don't have the encounter rolls back yet. I've got 312 words on who is possibly in the area and why, along with percentage chances for encountering them though.

Too bad it doesn't count. :(

Going to be a failed challenge today. It takes ~2 hours to rush an update through at minimum, and I don't have the encounter rolls back yet. I've got 312 words on who is possibly in the area and why, along with percentage chances for encountering them though.

Too bad it doesn't count. :(
That you wrote at all is good. The best way to strengthen your affinity for writing is to do more of it. :)

If it's not too late to join in, I could go for 800 words. Need to get back into the swing of things with writing and this seemed like a reasonable place to start.

I'm kinda confused about this thread honestly. And I do not know why.

If it's not too late to join in, I could go for 800 words. Need to get back into the swing of things with writing and this seemed like a reasonable place to start.
Sure.

I'm kinda confused about this thread honestly. And I do not know why.
The idea is to have a community 'writing journal', with the goal of writing a little every day and making it a habit. If you succeed in doing so for at least a week, you get rewarded with a banner.

The thread died down a bit recently, so I've been a bit lazy keeping up the front page, but if interest picks up again I'll start managing it again.

Gonna try 1700 words for Friday... which is today I think. Probably going to fail, but it's the thought that counts.

Plus my timezone seems be off in the site. Maybe. :cool:

-edit-

1700 word challenge for Friday complete.

or not. :p

knew my timezone was different from the sites.

Last edited:
Well, I went to go study for tomorrow's exam and accidentally ended up writing 2,000-some words to wrap up the prologue for my worm-fic. So, goal accomplished?

*Pokes thread*

It's 00:53, so I'll say 500 words "today" so that I don't forget it. And now, sleep.

Not finished with the update, but I've done 573 words. Success!

Tripple post!

Putting down another 500 words today.

*puts on miners helmet*

But first, digging!

Righto! When I get to my computer later today I will update everyone's stats.

Sorry about the delay. This thread got buried in my watch list.

Well, Kappa Quest is dead. Again.

On the other hand, my muse has been hitting me over the head with inspiration twice a day this week for An Unknown Being's Otherworldly Adventure, and shows no signs of letting up despite college having started this week.

813 words today, and I haven't been counting for the previous updates.

Only one burst of inspiration today, to the effect of 347 words.

You folks are sorta admirable, working up the motivation to write on any sort of schedule.
When the stars align, then the concept, motivation, and hour are correct for me to write something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back