• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
Reverend Insanity: The One and Only Great Love
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

[RI fanfic]
Last edited:
RI New

false_truth

Getting sticky.
[RI fanfiction.]
------------------------------------

Fang Yuan's legacy as the Great Love Venerable faces unseen threats.

As mysterious powers challenge his place in history.

Who is Fang Yuan?

Will he forget his goal and surrender?

What will happen to the one and only Great Love venerable.

---------------------------------------------------------

Support me and read Advanced chapters at:
patreon.com/false_truth

Last edited:
ch.1: Reverberations of Insanity New
"Fang Yuan, quietly hand over the Spring Autumn Cicada and I'll give you a quick death!"

"Fang Yuan you damn demon, just because you wanted to cultivate the Spring Autumn Cicada, you've gone and killed thousands of people. You've committed too many unforgivable, heinous sins!"

Fang Yuan was in deep green robes that had been torn to shreds. His hair was disheveled and his entire body was covered in blood.

Fresh blood flowed from the numerous wounds on the body. Just by standing there for a short while, Fang Yuan had already accumulated a large pool of blood beneath his feet.

Enemies surrounded him all around; there was already no way out.

It was a forgone conclusion that he would die here.

"I failed in the end." Fang Yuan sighed in his heart emotionally, yet there were no regrets.

This end result was something he had foreseen. When he made his decision in the beginning, he had prepared himself for this.

"If the Spring Autumn Cicada that I have just cultivated is effective, I shall still be a demon in my next life!" With this thought, Fang Yuan couldn't help but let out a big laugh before sacrificing everything to the Spring Autumn Cicada gu.

2024, Earth

"The ban on Reverend Insanity remains unlifted, a shadow lingering over everything."

A man muttered to himself, staring at the screen of his phone. "Another reason to hate China, I guess."

He sighed, the weight of exhaustion settling on his shoulders. "It's getting late... I need to sleep so I can get up early, go to work, like every day." His voice trailed off, a mix of frustration and resignation.

Throwing the phone onto the nightstand, he lay back on his bed, staring at the ceiling. The familiar, suffocating thoughts crept in again. "When will I escape this endless loop? When will I be free from this grind, these pointless rules?"

The monotony of his life settled over him like a heavy cloak. "Reading Reverend Insanity was the only thing that brought me joy. I've read it over and over, praying for the ban to lift, hoping to see Fang Yuan's final triumph. But dreams... they're just that."

With a final sigh, he closed his eyes, surrendering to the darkness. His heartbeat slowed, fading into silence—dying without knowing, without pain.

…..

The silence was endless. He floated in a vast, dark void, weightless, without the burden of thought or time. Suddenly, a soft light pierced through the darkness, growing brighter until it enveloped him completely.

He opened his eyes—or perhaps he didn't have eyes anymore. Everything around him was white, infinite, formless. A figure appeared in the distance, radiating warmth and peace.

"Am I... dead?" he asked, his voice sounding distant, almost as if it wasn't his own.

"Yes," came the reply, soft but clear. "You have left your world behind, and I am here to assist you."

The man paused, forcing himself to stay calm. "So, what happens now?"

"You stand at a crossroads," the figure said, opening something akin to a system window that glimmered with potential. "You may choose between oblivion and rebirth. You can return, but not as you were. You will be reborn into a new world, with gifts granted, but it will be the world of Reverend Insanity."

His eyes widened as he scanned the glowing window. Reverend Insanity—Fang Yuan's world! The chance to enter that world, to live it, to be part of it. It was thrilling. He chuckled bitterly. "Who in their right mind would turn this down?"

"Only three will be granted to shape your next life. Choose wisely."

"The endless cycle of work and sleep had worn him down. Yet, here, in this eternal void, the weight of his old life seemed to melt away. His passion for Reverend Insanity, for the world Fang Yuan lived in, filled the emptiness inside him. 'A chance to live in that world, with those powers...' He chuckled bitterly. 'Who would ever turn that down?'

His eyes scanned the list. The first choice was clear.

"First, the A.I. Chip. Link it to my soul like the one from Warlock of the Magus World." He grinned, excitement filling his voice while recalling how it had been the true key to everything in that series.

"Granted " responding to me

"I want to replace Fang Yuan, inheriting all of his attainments, with his 500 years of memories stored in the A.I. Chip." His mind raced—Fang Yuan's identity, his very existence, was the ultimate cheat.

When?" the figure asked.

"When he used the Spring Autumn Cicada for the third time in the Three Kings Inheritance" These blurry moments make replacing Fang Yuan the safest without any accidents.

"Granted."

His heart raced with anticipation. "Finally... my last gift." He hesitated. "I want to shield myself from Heaven's Will. Modify my third gift so that it can allow A.I. to generate false memories, making Heaven's Will believe its plans are still proceeding smoothly."

The air grew thick with tension, Silence remained for a long time, the air growing thick with tension. He felt a cold chill—was this too much to ask for?. The man's anxiety spiked. Had he asked for too much? Was this request impossible?

The air grew thick, suffocating. Silence hung over him like a blade poised to drop.

At last, the figure spoke again.

"____Your three gifts shall be granted"

I'm not familiar with Warlock of the Magus World, what can the A.I. chip do for him?

ch.2: New Fang Yuan New
Southern border, San Cha mountain, bronze hall.

Fang Yuan was tied up by the chains.

"Hehehe, Fang Yuan, we meet again." Tie Ruo Nan stood before Fang Yuan, laughed heartily.

Bai Ning Bing sighed: "It is no use, Fang Yuan, I secretly planted the fixed star Gu in your left arm. With this Gu to locate you, the infinite search and lock can catch you no matter where you go, even if you escape to the edge of the world, we can still bring you back. You have lost, admit it."

"What?" Fang Yuan lowered his head, seeing that there was a Gu on his left arm.

This Gu was a star fragment of the immemorial era, it was eight-sided and crystal clear, giving off starlight at times, causing Fang Yuan's forearm to shine with a transparent eerie blue light.

"Bai Ning Bing!" Fang Yuan howled, struggling frantically, causing the chains to make a loud clank sound.

"Fixed star Gu… good, Bai Ning Bing, you are too good!" Fang Yuan stared at Bai Ning Bing, gritting his teeth.

Tie Ruo Nan continued to urge: "Fang Yuan, you have been locked on by infinite search and lock, you Gu worms have already been sealed and you cannot even use your primeval essence. You have no hope left ,so surrender peacefully"

Fang Yuan lowered his head, silent.

He sighed in his heart, but his dazed expression suddenly became resolute again.

He had a chance to reverse the situation, he had not lost yet!

That is because, he had Spring Autumn Cicada.

Infinite search and lock could seal rank five Gu, but it could not restrict rank six Immortal Gu!

Fang Yuan raised his head, taking a final look at Bai Ning Bing and the others. There was nothing to say, this time, there was hope if he succeeded, and nothing to say if he failed.

"How can he be so calm?" Bai Ning Bing, Tie Ruo Nan and the others felt something amiss.

Boom!

Fang Yuan self-detonated!

At that moment, Spring Autumn Cicada burst out in two lights, green and orange, as a mystical and profound aura spread out.

All of Fang Yuan's Gu worms, all his primeval essence, all his flesh and soul, all detonated.

"Hold on, hold on, all can be negotiated. I can promise to tell you the true path, but you must ensure my safety. I have a poison vow Gu…"

looking down at the man begging for his life

He was stunned, as his heart pounded, his expression changed as he revealed an unconcealed joy.

" A.I. Chip" calling in his mind

"Beep"

[ The host body has been successfully replaced...]

The A.I. Chip's sound appeared in his mind

"Hahaha, I'm here, I succeeded. I announce from now my name is Fang Yuan" spreading his arms, laughing loudly.

Wang Xiao: "…What succeeded? and what I'm here? Is this guy crazy? But honestly, there are lots of crazy demonic path Gu Masters. Damn it, I encountered such a maniac!"

Being stepped on by Fang Yuan, Wang Xiao who was lying on the ground thought about this and begged even louder.

Fang Yuan looked around again.

This was evidently still the blessed land and the man he was stepping on should be Wang Xiao.

There was a corpse beside him, it should be Yun clan's young clan leader Yun Luo Tian killed by Bai Ning Bing.

'A.I. Chip, scan my mind.'

After a mere moment, the A.I. Chip's mechanical voice replied, [Beep! Scan complete! No foreign existences were found in host's mind.]

"...It seems Heaven's Will remains only within the Spring Autumn Cicada Gu ,so it can try to influence and confuse me ,and when needed It will read my memories" thinking deeply

"Hmm, scan my body, and display its Status." This statement was met with another mechanical sound.

[Beep! Scan complete. Fang Yuan, Status: Healthy]

"display my attainments"

[ … Beep! host's attainments:

Blood Path: Grandmaster

Strength Path: Quasi-Master

Refinement Path: Master

Enslavement Path: Master

Earth Path: Master

Flying Non-Path: Master …]

(Attainment levels start with ordinary followed by Master, Grandmaster, Great Grandmaster, and Supreme Grandmaster. In between those levels are sub-levels which are called quasi-attainment level)

The A.I. Chip's display was presented before Fang Yuan.

"Everything is okay, that's good. now I can begin my journey"

"The journey of a new Great Love Immortal Venerable begins now."

"My gains will be overwhelming in the future!" Fang Yuan's eyes shone brilliantly.

But the next moment, he shook his head again: "If even the smallest mistake is made, it could be fatal, and I would be completely finished."

As he thought, Fang Yuan's gaze became solemn and deep

Wang Xiao: …"

"Little beast king, don't be rash, we can talk this out. You want the path into Wu mountain, we can negotiate this, it can be discussed." Wang Xiao underneath his feet begged.

In Wang Xiao's heart, Fang Yuan was a maniac, a mentally ill crazy person.

Demonic path is extreme, without a clan's support, cultivation is difficult. At times they struggled at death's door, they face great mental pressure. It is not uncommon for demonic Gu Masters to develop mental illnesses.

Especially when Fang Yuan talked to himself sometimes, it intensified Wang Xiao's worries.

Wang Xiao's heart raced in his chest. "This man... he's not just strong, he's insane. How can I reason with him?"

"Huh" Fang Yuan finally remembered the man under his feet.

ch.3: Plundering the Past New
Fang Yuan looked at Wang Xiao, thinking of his background.

Wang Xiao was a Poison Path Rank 5 Upper Stage Gu Master from the Southern Border. He was a demonic path cultivator.

Wang Xiao knew the only path that could lead to Wu Mountain.

The mountain was shrouded in mystery, hidden behind a deep layer of fog. Many small paths lay within the mist, but only one led to the heart of the mountain. Wang Xiao knew this path, and because of it, he had made the mountain's resources his own. In a way, Wu Mountain was completely under his control.

From his experience reading Reverend Insanity, Fang Yuan knew that Wang Xiao wouldn't reveal the path, and even if he did, Fang Yuan had no intention of going there anymore.

"...!" Fang Yuan's eyes sharpened. With a swift press of his foot, Wang Xiao's head was crushed beneath him.

In Fang Yuan's current plan, Wang Xiao had no further value.

A pity for Wang Xiao—he died so pathetically at Fang Yuan's hands again.

"It's strange—I didn't feel anything after I killed him..."

"But now isn't time to think of it, it's time to move on to the next step."

"A.I. Chip! Simulate the best way for me to get the most benefits from my memories and the stored memories. —Then import the data important for the plan, along with memories from this life."

[Beep! Mission established. Beginning simulation of all possible scenarios... . . . Mission completed. Importing data——]

The A.I. Chip's mechanical voice filled Fang Yuan's mind, and the result was soon presented to him.

Suddenly intense, searing pain erupted in Fang Yuan's head, so overwhelming that he stumbled, nearly losing his footing. It felt as though his skull was being split open, his mind drowning in a flood of incomprehensible information. Just as the pain peaked, threatening to consume him entirely, a mysterious power enveloped him, dulling the agony to a manageable level. His thoughts, once scattered, began to clear.

"A.I. Chip! What just happened?" Fang Yuan asked, frowning.

[The amount of information was too vast to be safely absorbed by the host.]

[… Heaven's Will intervened at the critical moment, seeking to verify the host's memories. However, the A.I. Chip automatically activated its protection protocol, shielding the host's secrets.]

Fang Yuan calmed himself, thinking, "My third wish was definitely worth it."

"Heaven's Will is impartial—helping me was its way of compensating for trying to check my memories."

Yet, his calm exterior belied the storm brewing within. "It may be my biggest backer now, but sooner or later, it will turn on me."

Fang Yuan's survival instincts, honed over centuries, flared in response to the looming danger. He knew Heaven's Will wasn't a force he could take lightly. It would remain useful, for now, but the time would come when its cold, calculating gaze would fall on him —with deadly intent.

"A.I. Chip, have you recorded the processes earlier?"

[Beep! Recording complete. Please provide a name!]

"Heaven's Will Data."

[Beep! The naming is complete. Storing in data bank...]

With this new resource at his disposal, Fang Yuan realized the gravity of the advantage he now possessed. Not only was he shielded from Heaven's Will, but with the A.I. Chip, he also had the ability to study it—to analyze and understand it in ways that no one ever could.

His thoughts shifted to his newly enhanced comprehension ability, one bolstered by the A.I. Chip. Fang Yuan smirked. "Now, I possess one of the best comprehension abilities in history."

This edge would serve him well. Fang Yuan was no stranger to danger, betrayal, or cosmic forces acting against him. But with the A.I. Chip by his side, he knew that even Heaven's Will would not be his undoing.

In the darkness of his mind, Fang Yuan's laugh echoed—a cold, calculating sound, filled with purpose.

"Now I can begin the plan."

Fang Yuan took out the Beast Strength Placenta Gu.

Beast Strength Placenta Gu allows a Gu Master to plunder other people's apertures. But more importantly, it is used to increase the aperture and success rate when refining the Second Aperture Gu. The better the aperture that is absorbed, and the more numerous they are, the higher the aptitude of the Second Aperture Gu that is refined.

Fang Yuan used this Gu to devour Wang Xiao and Yun Luo Tian's apertures.

"Ba Gui Land Spirit, you want me to stop?" Fang Yuan suddenly said.

Ba Gui Land Spirit was a huge tortoise, large as a house, with a thick, jade shell on its back. Its four legs were like those of an elephant, and two dragon whiskers grew from its face.

The Land Spirit replied, "Eh? How did you know my thoughts?"

Fang Yuan snorted, leaking the Spring Autumn Cicada's aura. "Feel this. What do you think it is?"

The Land Spirit was speechless and shocked!

"This, this is the aura of a Rank Six Immortal Gu! It seems… it seems to be the Spring Autumn Cicada… Spring Autumn Cicada is one of the seven mysterious Gu in this world! You are a mere mortal—how can you possess such an Immortal Gu?"

Fang Yuan went straight to the point. "Ba Gui, I won't lie to you. I am from the future. I am a future Gu Immortal, using the Spring Autumn Cicada to rebirth myself into the past."

The Land Spirit was stunned; the information was too much for it to process immediately.

Fang Yuan's expression was arrogant. "I came back from the future. I know everything. Ba Gui, I am your next master. I succeeded in refining the Second Aperture Gu in my previous life…"

With the memories of refining the Second Aperture Gu that he had just imported, Fang Yuan easily convinced the Land Spirit.

"You really are my future master? Regardless of whether you're lying, I am exhilarated because this means the success rate of the Second Aperture Gu has been raised by thirty percent!" The Land Spirit said happily.

"Ba Gui, I came from the future. I know the dangers that are lurking. I need you to follow my instructions from now on."

"Okay, I will help you as much as I can," the Land Spirit replied.

The first thing Fang Yuan did was also to kill Long Qing Tian.

"Young man, I am starting to believe you. You killed a dangerous threat prematurely. Sigh, the Three Kings modified the blessed land. My control over it is weak. You sensed this danger and have the Spring Autumn Cicada—you truly must be from the future," the Land Spirit exclaimed.

The Land Spirit was old and dying. It was like a frail old man, no longer strong like a young land spirit. For example, it couldn't even detect the Fixed Star Gu on Fang Yuan's arm.

Fang Yuan did not waste time with the Land Spirit. He worked quickly, taking Long Qing Tian's Gu worms and devouring his aperture.

Fang Yuan gained several valuable items. Apart from the aperture, he got the Rank 5 Jade Sky Gu from the immemorial era, which was extremely rare now.

The reason for killing Long Qing Tian apart from his threat in the future was this GU.

His greatest loot and first step of his plan was The Jade Sky Gu itself—one of the refinement materials for the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu.

ch.4: The Same Chains New
"Next, Transfer me there"

Fang Yuan instantly appeared in front of the demonic enslavement path master, Zhang San San.

Zhang San San was a Rank 4 Upper Stage Enslavement Path Gu Master from Southern Border.

Before he could even react, Fang Yuan attacked, ending his life.

Fang Yuan's motive for killing him was one of his Gu worms—a Rank 5 Slavery Gu.

Rank 5 Slavery Gu was an Enslavement Path Gu, an expendable type that could be used to control Rank 5 Gu Masters or below, forcing them to become servants.

Fang Yuan plundered Zhang San San's aperture, causing the Beast Strength Placenta Gu's aptitude to rise further.

"Bai Gui, quickly transfer me to this location."

In a flash, Fang Yuan appeared in front of the Killer Ghost Doctor, Chou Jiu.

"Hmph… Chou Jiu isn't a normal Gu Master; he's a member of the Shadow Sect. I need to use him first, then eliminate him if there is a chance" Fang Yuan thought to himself.

"Eh? Little Beast King! How did you…" Chou Jiu was taken aback, his expression filled with shock.

With the land spirit suppressing him, Chou Jiu could not use his Gu worms.

Fang Yuan kicked him, and Chou Jiu screamed in pain, his mind a swirl of shock and confusion.

Fang Yuan's expression remained calm as he activated the Rank 5 Slavery Gu.

The Slavery Gu exploded in a burst of yellow light, which landed on Chou Jiu.

"Damn it, Rank 5 Slavery Gu! You can kill me, but you can't humiliate me. If you think you can enslave me, you're dreaming!" Chou Jiu shouted defiantly.

The yellow light was supported by Fang Yuan's soul power, but he was weaker in soul foundation compared to this hundred-year-old monster, Chou Jiu.

Yet Fang Yuan was prepared for this. He gave Chou Jiu a warm smile, further confusing him.

Suddenly, Fang Yuan said, "Zeng Ah Niu… Don't you want revenge? Su Shou betrayed you and is now living well with Shang Yan Fei."

"How… How do you know about that?!" Chou Jiu was stunned, his mind shaken. Taking advantage of this moment, the yellow light quickly penetrated his body.

Chou Jiu's expression changed instantly as he knelt before Fang Yuan.

"This subordinate greets Master!"

Fang Yuan laughed.

Success!

This Rank 5 Slavery Gu successfully enslaved a Rank 5 Gu Master.

"I have nothing to ask this lying piece of trash, so let's avoid any questions that would make me want to kill him."

"Even the former Fang Yuan with 500 years of experience would be enraged, let alone me."

But then, Chou Jiu spoke up, "Master, I want revenge! Will you help this subordinate?"

Fang Yuan felt a surge of anger and thought, "Maybe I should just kill him."

Chou Jiu continued, "Su Shou and I took an oath in front of the Blessed Land's sea, promising to protect and stand by each other as proof of our love."

"But who could have imagined? Her heart had already changed. She broke our oath, injured me, and defected with that thief Shang Yan Fei!"

An oath? It was a f*cking Poison Vow Gu!

Fang Yuan's fury only deepened. He kicked Chou Jiu away in disgust.

Fang Yuan knew it was Doctor Su Shou who helped Bai Ning Bing break free of the Poison Vow Gu, and the reason Su Shou helped was because Bai Ning Bing was beautiful.

looking again at Chou Jiu " Chou Jiu proved how sinister and inferior his inner hear and Su Shou had already proved her nature in Shang Clan city before."

There is one time where a patient visited Su Shou and asked her for help, but what the patient heard from her was outrageous words, Su Shou said righteously:

"You ugly beings, the fact that you are alive is simply staining the beauty of life, you should all just die and that will solve all troubles. As for beautiful things, of course we need to cherish and protect them by all means.

Her words caused an uproar in Shang Clan City at the time. In the end, Shang Yan Fei had to personally intervene and suppress the situation.

"All right, let the past be the past. Chou Jiu, go to King Xin Inheritance and retrieve the Undefeated Hundred Battles Gu for me," Fang Yuan ordered.

"This subordinate will do all that he can!" Chou Jiu answered.

It was an easy task for him to obtain the Undefeated Hundred Battles Gu.

This was because the Blessed Land was weakening. Soon, Gu worms would become usable. Chou Jiu just needed to charge forward, and the Undefeated Hundred Battles Gu would be his.

Fang Yuan chose Chou Jiu over Feng Tian Yu because of his unique identity as a Shadow Sect disciple, aiming to keep the plot stable at least until he acquired the Sovereign Immortal Fetus Gu.

Besides, Chou Jiu possessed something of great importance that would benefit Fang Yuan significantly.

And Using Slavery Gu on Feng Tian Yu would only diminish his loyalty. After all, Feng Tian Yu would be his future number-one fan, and he would spread Fang Yuan's reputation, which Fang Yuan would need in the future.

Fang Yuan returned to the hall and continued refining the Gu.

"A.I. Chip begin analyzing the best way to refine the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu "

[Beep! Mission established. Beginning analysis…]

The A.I. Chip intoned loyally.

The results were promptly delivered to Fang Yuan.

Days continued to pass, and the Blessed Land weakened further. The expenditure of immortal essence grew less and less.

With his memories and the A.I. Chip providing optimal suggestions, Fang Yuan avoided many detours. He completed numerous steps on the first try, and the land spirit was extremely amazed. Not only that, but Fang Yuan could sense his attainment increasing through the A.I. Chip's detections.

"A.I. Chip, update the plan and provide the optimal starting point."

[… Beep! Comparing with Host body's existing memories...]

The A.I. Chip operated quickly.

Seconds later, a new conclusion was shown to Fang Yuan.

"With the A.I. making deductions ‌, I've had enough rest and am in the best state possible."

"Now, I can only wait…"

Finally, October 24th arrived once more.

the final day has come.

ch.5: The Key to Immortal Refinement New
"Master, this subordinate has succeeded!" Chou Jiu knelt on the ground, holding up a Gu and presenting it to Fang Yuan.

The Undefeated Hundred Battles Gu was a one-time expendable type Gu that increased refinement success. It was extremely rare, even in ancient times, and could now be considered extinct.

After storing the Undefeated Hundred Battles Gu, Fang Yuan gave instructions before dismissing Chou Jiu.

This entire process was conducted in secret, so Bai Ning Bing remained unaware of it.

Fang Yuan returned to the hall and saw Bai Ning Bing.

Behind her, a hundred thousand dog beasts were either resting or playing.

Fang Yuan smiled lightly. "Bai Ning Bing, hand your Gu worms to the land spirit."

"What?" Bai Ning Bing was shocked: "Who will be commanding these dogs?"

"The land spirit can use the Gu worms. I need you for something else," Fang Yuan explained.

The land spirit appeared, slightly worried. "I have to refine Gu with you while also using my immortal essence. If I have to exert additional effort controlling the dogs, I might not have the energy to do both."

Fang Yuan said with expression full of confidence. "No need to worry. Don't you trust me?"

Recalling Fang Yuan's secret identity, Ba Gui agreed.

"Bai Ning Bing, come with me. While I refine the Gu, I need you to protect me." Fang Yuan said to Bai Ning Bing while giving a vey kind smile.

Bai Ning Bing snorted, her gaze flickering with a hidden glint. She replied in a flat tone, "Fine, up to you."

Fang Yuan and Bai Ning Bing entered the main hall together.

Fang Yuan sat down as Bai Ning Bing stood by, ready to guard him.

"Bai Ning Bing will be useful in the future," Fang Yuan thought. "He will be my key to Bai Xiang Grotto-Heaven, so I won't kill him."

Fang Yuan closed his eyes, not making any further moves.

"What are you waiting for? There isn't much time." Bai Ning Bing grew impatient, finally breaking the silence.

"Ning Bing, stay calm, some things can't be rushed." Fang Yuan said with a calm smile.

Bai Ning Bing snorted again, staying silent, though suspicion lingered in her mind. "What is Fang Yuan up to? He took my control over the dogs and my Gu. Does he suspect me?"

"No," she reasoned. "He arranged for me to stay in the hall. He still trusts me! I'll have to continue enduring."

She thought of Tie Ruo Nan, feeling a sense of relief. "She's blocked by the dog groups outside for now. Without my assistance, she can only break through by force. Damn it, Fang Yuan didn't let me control the dogs! But thankfully, we have a backup plan—Tie Bai Qi is already secretly on San Cha Mountain."

Meanwhile, Fang Yuan remained calm and inactive.

Even the land spirit grew anxious and urged Fang Yuan to start the Gu refinement.

But Fang Yuan refused once more, still unmoved.

The land spirit became slightly angry, but Fang Yuan's rebirth identity convinced it to wait again.

At this time, blue, red light pillars were thin and weak, still shining on the mountain peak.

The yellow pillar of King Quan's inheritance had vanished.

Chou Jiu, not being a refinement master, couldn't break through the final round ,so Two pillars remained.

"I wonder who inherited King Quan's Inheritance!"

"With only two left, our chances are decreasing…"

"Someone has already claimed King Quan's Inheritance. Why haven't they come out yet?"

"They're still inside the blessed land. Once the blessed land begins collapsing, the door will open, and we'll be able to enter and exit freely," a voice echoed.

"It's Lord Xiao Mang!" someone shouted in recognition.

Xiao Mang was a light path Gu Master of Southern Border with Rank 5 Peak Stage cultivation.

Fang Yuan was waiting for him to use Extreme Light Gu.

The Fixed Immortal Travel Gu has two recipes:

-First Recipe: Refine with Fairy Wind Gu, Seven Shining Stars Gu, and Fixed Star Gu. This recipe is easier to refine than the other.

However, it's currently impossible to gather all the required materials, so only the second recipe remains viable.

-Second Recipe: Refine with Divine Travel Gu, Jade Sky Gu, Fixed Star Gu, and the Light of Glory of the Immemorial Era.

Unfortunately, obtaining the Light of Glory of the Immemorial Era's power source is nearly impossible right now.

Fortunately, the Light of Glory can be replicated by activating three Gus simultaneously: Gather Light Gu, Extreme Light Gu, and River Under the Sun Gu. This is Xiao Mang's main role.

Extreme Light Gu!

Heaven's Will Gu!

Empty Fist Gu!

Killer Move — Immemorial Light Fist!!

Xiao Mang stood at the peak of San Cha Mountain and used his killer move.

Light rays formed a giant, hill-sized fist that pierced through the blessed land's barrier.

Instantly, the entire blessed land shook as an enormous hole formed, creating a passage from the inside to the outside. Gu Masters could now enter without any obstructions!

The Land Spirit transmitted its voice to Fang Yuan: "So you were waiting for this. It was really dangerous! If it had occurred during the Gu refinement process, it could have caused a huge problem with dire consequences."

"You are truly a Gu Immortal who has been reborn."

Fang Yuan also transmitted a mental message: "I'm your future master. Ba Gui, you need to understand that I am the best candidate for refining the Immortal Gu."

"The more you cooperate with me, the higher our chance of successfully refining the Immortal Gu. It's time. Let's begin the Gu refinement!"

Without hesitation, Fang Yuan threw the false Second Aperture Gu into the cauldron, thinking:

"Every piece is doing its role."

"All materials are ready. Now it's time to start the plan."

"My gains will be enormous."

ch.6: Scheming for Benefits New
Fang Yuan took out the Bright Pearl Gu, which he had refined over the past few days along with other similar Gu.

Bright Pearl Gu was a storage-type Gu, primarily used to seal Gu worms and put them into a deep slumber, making them easier to store.

"I don't plan to refine the second aperture Immortal Gu right now. So, I might as well not waste the remaining Gu materials. More importantly, there are a lot of purple crystal relic Gu, along with even more yellow-gold relic Gu! If I use them, I'll be able to advance to Rank 5 Peak Stage in no time," Fang Yuan thought, recalling his plan.

"Land spirit, use these storage Gu to store all the precious materials and the remaining relic Gu," Fang Yuan ordered Ba Gui, the land spirit.

"...No! These materials will only be used to refine Gu!" Ba Gui responded angrily.

"This is a necessary step, Ba Gui. Trust me—if you don't do it now, the second aperture Immortal Gu refinement will definitely fail."

"This..." Ba Gui hesitated, then spoke with a sad expression. "Okay, I will do it."

Fang Yuan smiled. "Don't worry. The Immortal Gu refinement will be a success."

"I can move on to the next step."

Fang Yuan took out a wine jar and smiled deeply.

In the Legends of Ren Zu, Divine Travel Gu clearly stated: "As long as anyone drinks four of the world's top-tier wines, they will give birth to me in their hearts. I can teleport them to any place they desire."

The real reason Fang Yuan chose Chou Jiu in the first place was because Chou Jiu had three of the wines necessary for Divine Travel Gu, and Fang Yuan had obtained the last one from an unlucky Gu Master he had killed.

"Slurp," he drank one wine after another, using Gu worms to stay sober.

"Everything is going according to plan."

"All that's left is to wait for the right time to refine Fixed Immortal Travel Gu."

A black hole suddenly appeared, spinning rapidly as numerous white apes jumped out. The ape army surged forward, forming a strong formation as they charged towards the hall.

"Young master, go ahead. I will block them here," Tie Bai Qi's tone was resolute and powerful.

"We'll be counting on you. The Immortal Gu is the most important. For the clan, we must arrest Fang Yuan alive!" Tie Ruo Nan gritted her teeth, leading the four Tie clan elders as they began their invasion.

With the white ape army covering their advance, Tie Ruo Nan successfully entered the hall.

Inside, Fang Yuan pretended to be refining the Gu. The land spirit prepared to attack, but Fang Yuan quickly stopped it. "Ba Gui, don't overextend yourself! You need to control the dog groups and manipulate the immortal essence—how can you manage anything more?"

"Bai Ning Bing, it's up to you now. Go block her!" Fang Yuan ordered.

Bai Ning Bing snorted coldly and rushed to engage Tie Ruo Nan in fierce combat. As they fought, the Tie clan's four elders joined in, putting immense pressure on Bai Ning Bing.

"I can't hold them back any longer, Fang Yuan!" Bai Ning Bing shouted, struggling under the weight of the battle.

"Hang in there! I need more time!" Fang Yuan's voice was tense, though his focus remained elsewhere. He continued pretending to refine while discreetly storing another five-hundred-year lifespan Gu. Even just this wealth was unimaginable for the new Rank 6 Gu Immortals.

Moments later, Bai Ning Bing gasped, visibly weakened. "I can't go on! Fang Yuan, I'm going to self-destruct!"

Crack... crack…

Frost began gathering rapidly, filling the hall with a chilling aura. The temperature dropped sharply as Bai Ning Bing's entire body turned into ice crystal, just as she had done back at Qing Mao Mountain.

"Bai Ning Bing? Bai Ning Bing!" Fang Yuan called out, though there was no reply.

"Bai Ning Bing's acting is impressive. I'm honestly amazed," Fang Yuan thought to himself with a smirk. "I'll have to reward her for this performance."

He stood up, sending the Yang Gu toward Bai Ning Bing, but before it reached her, the Gu abruptly changed direction in a U-turn, returning to Fang Yuan's right hand.

At the same time, a cloud of smoke transformed into a Gu worm, landing in Fang Yuan's left hand. It was the fake second aperture Immortal Gu.

In the original, this Gu could last for forty years, but since Fang Yuan hadn't used all the lifespan Gu, it would only survive for ten.

Fang Yuan raised his head and activated Liquid Metal Gu, blocking the frost effortlessly. He then turned to Bai Ning Bing with a knowing smile. "So, Bai Ning Bing, will you continue your acting?"

The frost stopped. This time, Bai Ning Bing couldn't continue the ruse and reverted to her flesh form, staring at Fang Yuan in shock and disbelief. "How… how did you know!?"

"In Shang clan city, you had Doctor Su Shou remove your poison vow and then secretly contacted Tie Ruo Nan. Did you really think I wouldn't notice?" Fang Yuan spoke casually while inspecting the two Gu in his hands.

Bai Ning Bing landed on the ground, her expression dazed. "How did he find out? I was so careful… that means he's been watching me, letting me act like a fool all this time!"

"Wait," Bai Ning Bing's thoughts raced, "at least I succeeded in planting the Fixed Star Gu…"

Fang Yuan chuckled, raising his left arm: "the fixed star Gu?

Tie clan's four elders frowned. Fang Yuan could easily sever his arm, and even if they used their killer moves, they would only capture that limb. To someone as ruthless as Fang Yuan, sacrificing an arm meant little.

"Immortal Gu refinement isn't complete yet, which means I've enough immortal essence to kill you all!" Fang Yuan's lips curled into a cold smile.

At that moment, Ba Gui appeared, his face tearful and distraught. "No, it's no use. There's too much loss in immortal essence to kill them, and what remains won't be enough to support the Gu refinement."

"Besides, it's already too late. There are too many holes in the blessed land—it's going to collapse entirely," Ba Gui added, his voice tinged with sorrow.

His only obsession was completing the refinement of the second aperture Gu; he cared little for his own survival.

"Young man, you made a fatal mistake in your calculations! The Immortal Gu refinement is a failure!" the land spirit howled, its grief overwhelming.

"No, the refinement isn't a failure," Fang Yuan said, smiling suddenly.

Ba Gui, looking haggard and heartbroken, paused in his crying, staring at Fang Yuan in disbelief.

"Ba Gui, do you still want to refine the second aperture Gu?" Fang Yuan's voice transmitted calmly into Ba Gui's mind.

"Could it be… that you have a way?" Ba Gui stammered, a flicker of hope in his voice. "That's right—you're a reborn Gu Immortal. With your previous life's experience, you must have foreseen this!"

"The current me is just a mortal; I couldn't have refined the second aperture Gu from the start," Fang Yuan admitted. "Ba Gui, I've failed you. But we still have hope."

The land spirit's sobbing softened as it cautiously asked, "What do you mean?"

"The half-finished second aperture Gu is with me. If you follow my orders, I can get from here safely and will succeed next time."

Ba Gui hesitated but eventually nodded. "You're the only one who meets the requirements of the blessed land. As a reborn Gu Immortal, you do stand a great chance. Even if it failed this time, the next attempt might succeed."

"Good. First, kill Tie Ruo Nan."

ch.7: Light after Darkness New

"Kill Tie Ruo Nan."

Fang Yuan's cold command echoed through the blessed land, his voice unwavering, carrying a weight that sent a chill down the spines of those present.

"Hehehe, Fang Yuan," Tie Ruo Nan forced a laugh, trying to mask her fear. "You are not the blessed land's master, thus the land spirit will not obey your commands. The others won't be far behind either. Today, your loss is certain." Despite her confident words, her heart pounded, betraying the unease she felt in the presence of Ba Gui, the land spirit.

But before she could utter another word, the land spirit moved with terrifying speed. In the blink of an eye, its immense power was unleashed. Without hesitation, Ba Gui's spectral hands struck her chest with precision, crushing her heart in a single, brutal motion. A sickening crack echoed through the air, and a gaping hole formed in the center of her chest.

Tie Ruo Nan's face twisted in disbelief. She glanced down, her body trembling, unable to comprehend the sight before her. Blood gushed from the wound, staining her robes. Her mind raced, but no words came. Her body was failing her, and she could feel her life slipping away.

Her wide, disbelieving eyes met Fang Yuan's cold, calculating gaze. His lips curled into a sinister smile, one that only deepened her despair. She had underestimated him—underestimated his ruthlessness, his ability to control even that which should have been beyond his reach.

Her smile was gone, replaced by shock and terror. And then, she collapsed.

Bai Ning Bing stood still, like a frozen statue, her usually calm and cold demeanor shattered by the shock of what she had just witnessed. Her icy blue eyes were wide with disbelief, locked on Tie Ruo Nan's lifeless body crumpled on the ground, a gaping hole in her chest.

She had known Fang Yuan was ruthless, but this—this was on another level. Her mind raced to comprehend how he had commanded the land spirit, something that should have been beyond his control. Tie Ruo Nan, a formidable figure in her own right, had been effortlessly crushed in mere moments.

"What just happened?" she thought, her heart pounding. She had never felt this way—this gnawing sense of fear that crept up from deep within. Fang Yuan's control over the situation, his ability to turn an impossible scenario into a decisive victory, left her shaken.

Bai Ning Bing clenched her fists, trying to regain her composure, but the icy fear remained. She couldn't deny it—Fang Yuan had become something beyond even her understanding.

The four elders stood frozen in place, eyes wide with horror. They had not expected this. Their minds struggled to process what they had just witnessed, paralyzed by the swift and brutal display of Fang Yuan's power. Fear gripped their hearts, uncertainty clouding their judgment.

None of them moved. None of them dared.

Fang Yuan moved his gaze towards Bai Ning Bing.

"She can't be killed yet," he thought, his mind already calculating. "She still holds value for me. As for the rest..." His eyes flicked past the four elders without a second glance. "Using the remaining Immortal Essence on them is a waste."

He smirked slightly. "Better to conserve it for an emergency. I'm confident there's no danger, but it's always better safe than sorry."

Bai Ning Bing stood motionless, her heart weighed down by despair. Yet, when Fang Yuan's cold gaze left her, a fleeting sense of relief washed over her. But she knew better than to feel safe. To him, she was just another piece in his intricate game—valuable for now, disposable when the time came.

The four elders, on the other hand, stood paralyzed in fear, uncertain of their fate. They exchanged glances, but none dared to move or speak. The air felt suffocating with the oppressive weight of Fang Yuan's dominance over the situation.

Fang Yuan turned towards the land spirit Ba Gui.

Fang Yuan finally turned to Ba Gui, the land spirit. The ancient spirit looked pitiful, broken-hearted and withering.

"It's time," Fang Yuan said flatly.

Fang Yuan's expression remained indifferent as he looked at the crumbling figure of Ba Gui. The land spirit, despite its sorrowful and broken state, still had some use to him. He couldn't afford to let it vanish just yet.

Ba Gui looked up, its voice weak. "What do you want me to do?" it asked.

Fang Yuan chuckled softly. "Ba Gui, do you recall the third section of the second chapter of The Legends of Ren Zu?"

The land spirit froze, trying to understand Fang Yuan's intention. "You mean... No, that won't work," it stammered. "There are two conditions still unmet. First of all,, we need the light of glory from the immemorial era."

Fang Yuan chuckled with satisfaction, his eyes gleaming with cold triumph. He raised his hand and pointed to the ceiling of the hall. "The light will come here!"

Inwardly, he recalled the turn of events. Everything is going even better than I anticipated. Nothing unexpected has occurred, and with Chou Jiu's orders to block all Gu Masters outside until his death...

He smirked, thinking, With this, all his value can be fully extracted before he expires.

Fang Yuan knew, thanks to his knowledge from Reverend Insanity and the memories stored in the A.I. chip, that rebirth could alter the plot.

The concept of the butterfly effect meant that rebirth could indeed change some aspects of the narrative. However, historical inertia played a significant role.

Many major events were the result of conflicts that accumulated over time, awaiting only a trigger point. Even without the original trigger, a new one would inevitably arise.

Such changes were not easily influenced or altered by a single individual alone.

Outside the main hall.

Xiao Mang was fighting with Ying Ming and flew to the sky.

Rank four, gather light Gu.

Rank five, extreme light Gu.

Rank five, river under the sun Gu.

Killer move — Torrential Light Stream!

A cascading river of blinding light surged down upon the battlefield. The waves of radiance were fierce, turning the entire scene white. Everyone shielded their eyes, unable to withstand the intense light.

The grand river of light crashed into the hall, shattering the roof as it poured towards Fang Yuan.

"The Light of Glory of the Immemorial Era!" the land spirit cried out in shock.

Indeed, Torrential Light Stream was a formidable light path killer move, recreating the ancient Light of Glory.

Fang Yuan laughed loudly, his eyes gleaming with excitement. He activated his Bone Wings Gu and Liquid Metal Gu.

From his back, a pair of long, wide black wings unfurled, while the liquid metal enveloped his body, offering protection. The metal then spread to his wings, shimmering with dazzling golden light.

Fang Yuan flapped his wings and ascended directly into the river of light!

Having previously killed numerous Rank five Gu Masters collecting many movement Gu besides the ones he refined, he activated them all. With all his power, he battled against the waterfall's flow, climbing higher and higher.

As he emerged from the hall, a chorus of astonished gasps and murmurs erupted.

"What is that?"

"It's flashing with golden light, and it looks like a giant bird!"

"No, it's a person!"

"What is he doing?"

To Fang Yuan, the world was a vast sea of whiteness. His primeval essence was rapidly depleting from the strain of activating so many movement and defensive Gu.

"Land spirit, now—Divine Travel Immortal Gu!"

Immediately, the Divine Travel Immortal Gu appeared in his palm.

"Let's begin the refining," Fang Yuan declared with an excited laugh.

ch.8: Fixed Immortal Travel Gu New
Fixed Immortal Travel Gu

Fixed Immortal Travel Gu is a space path Immortal Gu, one of the four great movement-type Gu. Its ability allows a Gu Master to teleport to any location of their choice, even to the farthest edges of the world.

However, the Gu Master must have a clear and concrete impression of their destination. If significant changes occur at the intended location, the Gu Master may fail in activating the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu.

Fixed Immortal Travel Gu's food is Immortal Essence.

This Gu was the greatest reward Fang Yuan would obtain during his first journey.

Fang Yuan held the Divine Travel Gu in his hand.

"A.I. Chip, establish a mission for refining Fixed Immortal Travel Gu and alert me if anything goes wrong."

[Beep! Mission established.]

Fang Yuan's mind was deep in thought. "I've done everything possible to maximize my chances of success in this refinement, but my greatest assurance lies with my sponsor—Heaven's Will."

He smirked, his resolve unwavering. "Now, let's refine my Fixed Immortal Travel Gu."

Without wasting any more time, he took out the Jade Sky Gu, a prize from Long Qing Tian. Activating it, the Gu transformed into a hollow, jade-green bamboo.

Simultaneously, his left arm began to glow with a blue light, faintly revealing the Fixed Star Gu embedded within.

The Fixed Star Gu was one of the key materials for refining the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu.

Fang Yuan directed the Divine Travel Gu to shoot toward his left arm, where it swiftly devoured the Fixed Star Gu. Once absorbed, the Divine Travel Gu flew into the hollow Jade Sky Gu, where it began forming a cocoon.

As the cocoon took shape, the Light of Glory from the Immemorial Era illuminated it, bathing it in a divine, otherworldly glow.

Absorbing this ancient power, the cocoon underwent a profound transformation.

Meanwhile, Fang Yuan's body glowed with a golden brilliance as he continued to swim against the flow of the Torrential Light Stream. The fierce killer move from the rank-five Gu Master was overwhelming, and the defenses of his Liquid Metal Gu were beginning to falter.

The golden protection was slowly eroded by the relentless waves of light.

His bone wings, once gleaming gold, gradually reverted to their original black after being washed by the powerful light stream.

Unfazed, Fang Yuan activated a defensive mortal killer move he had come up with the A.I. Chip's assistance. His body took on the appearance of a jade statue, reflecting the golden light in all directions, exuding an otherworldly beauty.

In the midst of the grand waterfall of light, Fang Yuan flew with graceful precision, enduring immense pressure. The sight was mystical, almost out of this world, and it naturally drew the attention of many Gu Masters nearby.

"Huh? There's someone flying in my killer move?!" Xiao Mang was utterly shocked. Most would barely have time to dodge his attack, but here was someone foolishly staying in the midst of it!

"Who is this guy? What's he trying to do?" Yi Huo, Yi Chong, and the others stared up, bewildered.

"Wait… I've seen this scene before!" Li Xian frowned, a flash of recognition crossing his mind.

In their hearts, they had one question — "This scenario, I have obviously not seen it before, yet why do I find it so familiar?"

"How could this be? Is he… refining Gu?" Feng Tian Yu squinted, astonished.

Suddenly, someone shouted, "I remember now! This scene—it's from the legends of Ren Zu! That's why it feels familiar!"

"That's right! It's from the second chapter, third section of Ren Zu's legends."

A ripple of realization spread among the crowd. Some just laughed.

"Haha, does he really think he can refine the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu?"

"Could he even have the Divine Travel Gu?"

As they speculated, the cocoon began to tremble, absorbing the sunlight. The aura of an Immortal Gu leaked out uncontrollably.

The crowd was stunned.

"He's really refining an Immortal Gu?! Who is he? How can this even be possible?" Gu Masters all around stared, jaws dropping in disbelief.

An event reminiscent of the Immemorial Era was unfolding before their very eyes, a spectacle of greatness and beauty that left many trembling.

At that moment, Fang Yuan became the center of attention.

In the blessed land, the hairy men knelt in awe.

This moment, they were idolizing this person refining an Immortal Gu!

Feng Tian Yu was doing the same in the hall "Fixed immortal travel! Is he really refining fixed immortal travel Gu? To think that I, Feng Tian Yu, would get the see the birth of an Immortal Gu!" he kneeled on the ground emotionally, tears overflowing on his face.

No matter how blinding the Torrential Light Stream was, no one blinked—they couldn't take their eyes off the scene.

But Xiao Mang, realizing he was being used, fumed with anger. He immediately stopped his killer move.

"NOOO!" Feng Tian Yu screamed, despair overwhelming him as if his heart had been torn apart.

Yet Fang Yuan already knew this would happen

"Third Watch Gu! Third Watch Gu!"

The Third Watch Gu, a rank-five time path Gu, was a one-time-use Gu that allowed a Gu Master to accelerate time by threefold.

He activated the third watch Gu targeting the cocoon.

Time accelerated in an instant, and the aura of the Immortal Gu surged!

Still lying on the ground, Feng Tian Yu cried out, "It's useless! The acceleration is just a temporary fix. If the Immortal Gu forms too quickly, it won't stabilize, and it'll self-detonate!"

But Fang Yuan was still prepared. He took out the Undefeated Hundred Battles Gu.

Undefeated Hundred Battles Gu, a rank-five expendable Gu, guaranteed success in Gu refinement.

Without hesitation, he used it. The cocoon cracked open, and a green butterfly emerged.-—--the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu!

At once, everyone's hearts were pounding, regardless of whether they were aware or unaware of the circumstances, they were speechless and shocked to their limits.

Everyone's hearts pounded, whether they fully understood the situation or not. They were all left speechless, shocked to their very core.

Xiao Mang stood frozen in disbelief. Mo Wu Tian stared, dazed.

"Is this a re-creation of the legendary event?"

"What era am I living in?!"

Fang Yuan emerged from the light waterfall, with the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu fluttering around him. Each time it flapped its wings, green light flickered like pollen in the air, creating a breathtaking sight.

"It's him!" Yi Huo's eyes nearly bulged out of his head.

"It's really him?!" Jiao Huang and Meng Tu exchanged horrified looks, their bodies trembling. They had dared to think of assassinating such a powerful foe—a man who could refine an Immortal Gu?

"Fang Yuan…" Bai Ning Bing and others who knew the situation were like statues, witnessing this miracle unfold before their eyes.

Hundreds of thousands of years ago, during the Immemorial Era, Verdant Great Sun had flapped his wings while refining the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu.

Today, Fang Yuan had done the same, accomplishing an extraordinary feat with his mortal body, under the gaze of everyone.

"He surpassed the legend that we had been told about".

Once this news spread, his name would spread across the continent, shaking the world.

"You really succeeded in refining fixed immortal travel Gu, incredible! As expected of a future Gu Immortal." Fang Yuan could hear land spirit's praise.

Fang Yuan laughed heartily. "Yes, the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu!"

"This Gu will be of great help to me in the future. Many of my next plans can only be executed with it."

Just as he was about to command Ba Gui to activate it using Immortal Essence…

Another Immortal Gu's aura began to spread.

ch.9: The Peak of Wonders New
The aura of another Immortal Gu leaked out uncontrollably, spreading across the battlefield.

Everyone was stunned.

Just witnessing an Immortal Gu was a one-in-a-million chance, yet now they not only witnessed the refinement of one, but they could feel the aura of another being refined. What kind of chance could this be?

One moment, they were watching the completion of an Immortal Gu refinement, and in the blink of an eye, another one was being refined.

What they still couldn't accept was that the same person refining the second Immortal Gu was the one who had just completed refining the first.

And that person was a mortal.

A mortal who refined an Immortal Gu—then, without waiting, refining another.

The minds of those present swirled with disbelief.

"Who am I?"

"Where am I?"

"Why am I even alive?"

"With mortal body..."

"Mortal my ass! If he's a mortal, then what am I?"

The impossibility of the situation left everyone frozen in place, their brains unable to process what was unfolding before them.

Maybe only a Rank 9 Wisdom Gu could restore their minds to normal, allowing them to think clearly once more.

Fang Yuan sensed the Immortal Gu refining itself within his aperture.

Earlier, he had meticulously prepared by consuming the four top-quality wines, knowing that according to the Legends of Ren Zu, this was essential for obtaining the Divine Travel Immortal Gu.

Immortal Gu are the complete fragments of the Great Dao, ranking from 6 to 9, and their rarity, power, and value increase with their rank. They are also unique—only one of each can exist in the world at a time.

When refining the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu, the Divine Travel Gu had been used as a material, meaning there was no longer any Divine Travel Immortal Gu in existence.

Fang Yuan had carefully crafted his plans to extract every possible benefit he could from the situation.

[Warning. Warning. The host must leave now. It is almost 5:45 p.m.]

The A.I. Chip's alert filled his mind.

Without hesitation, Fang Yuan commanded, "Ba Gui, activate the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu using your immortal essence."

Ba Gui sighed: "Using Fixed Immortal Travel Gu will let you escape, but without immortal essence, the blessed land will collapse. Death isn't a problem for me—I'm certain you'll refine the Second Aperture Gu in the future. Goodbye, young man. You are the most remarkable person I have ever known."

Immortal essence flowed into the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu, and in an instant, a flash of jade light enveloped Fang Yuan, causing him to vanish from the air.

Only his clothes remained, gently drifting down.

{5:44 p.m.}

Central Continent, Tian Ti Mountain.

In Hu Immortal blessed land, on Dang Hun Mountain, the battle for control was nearing its end.

"Fang Zheng, hold on! Victory is within reach!" Lord Sky Crane encouraged.

Fang Zheng's arms and legs were torn, blood flowing down as he surpassed Ying Sheng Ji and Xiao Qi Xing. His body had gone numb from pain, his mind unable to focus on anything but Dang Hun Mountain.

He was the first to ascend and about to win. Only one thought remained: Just a little more.

"I am the great Feng Jin Huang. How could I lose here? I've never lost since I was born, and this time will be no different! Come out, Dream Wings!"

In the next moment, a beautiful pair of wings sprouted from Feng Jin Huang's shoulders.

These wings were ethereal, elegant, and radiant with dazzling light. With a single flap, she effortlessly accelerated upwards.

"This is…"

"The legendary Immortal Gu — Dream Wings!" The Gu Immortals gasped in unison.

Most Immortal Gu required immortal essence, but Dream Wings was different. It consumed the Gu Master's spirit and soul instead.

Though still mortal, Feng Jin Huang forcefully activated Dream Wings, risking severe damage to her soul—amnesia at best, insanity at worst.

(Author's thought: Was insanity really a bad thing?)

Under Fang Zheng's shocked gaze, she overtook him, reclaiming the lead.

As she folded her dream wings back, she stood near the cliff's edge, gasping for breath. A deep dizziness overwhelmed her, nearly causing her to faint. She had pushed herself to the limit.

Forcefully using an Immortal Gu had taken everything from her.

"I... lost again!" Fang Zheng muttered, wide-eyed in disbelief and disappointment.

Feng Jin Huang clung to the edge of the peak, just one step away!

"I... I'm about to win!" she thought, her heart pounding as she summoned the last of her strength.

Her amber eyes glowed, her beautiful figure bathed in the pink light of the blessed land, making her look like a young phoenix, spreading its wings for the first time—brilliant and magnificent!

Even the Gu Immortals were amazed by the sight.

Fang Zheng looked up at her in awe, and Hu Immortal land spirit stared at her as though in a trance. Everyone awaited her triumph.

She didn't disappoint anyone. Gritting her teeth, Feng Jin Huang was about to take the last step

But just then—

Swoosh!

A light flashed, and a man appeared at the mountain peak.

He stood completely naked, his youthful, muscular body radiating the aura of a battle-hardened veteran, but with an undeniable grace and beauty.

"Brother?!" Fang Zheng gasped, startled enough to slip and fall from the cliff.

The ten Gu Immortals were equally shocked. "Who... who is this naked mortal?!"

Feng Jin Huang, wide-eyed and frozen like a statue, stared at the man that appeared suddenly.

Her gaze inevitably landed on the large "monster" between his legs.

Fang Yuan scanned his surroundings, checking his aperture to make sure everything was intact.

"Eh? Isn't that... Feng Jin Huang?" he muttered, spotting her below.

"Why is she looking at me like that? And her face is so red," he thought, noticing her gaze.

He followed her line of sight. "Wait... I'm naked? I was cool a moment ago, and now I'm facing social death." Fang Yuan felt a wave of shame.

Seeing Feng Jin Huang still staring, his face darkened. "Does it look good?"

"Umm..." Feng Jin Huang mumbled, her face flushed as she quickly closed her eyes.

"Then scram." Fang Yuan gave the dazed Feng Jin Huang a push, kicking her down the peak.

Already drained of strength, she could not resist and fell.

Fang Yuan turned to face the land spirit.

"Little Hu Immortal."

"Ma… Master…" The little girl's eyes widened in shock.

She hurriedly covered her large, crystal-clear eyes with her small hands, blushing deeply.

Lowering her head, she stomped her foot shyly. "Master, aren't you ashamed? You're so old already, quickly put on some clothes!"

"..."

"Expel everyone from the blessed land and close it," Fang Yuan ordered coldly.

The land spirit began executing his command

At this moment Fang Yuan's thoughts filled with insanity.

"How do I kill a land spirit?"

ch.10: Feng Jiu Ge New

( had read all your comments on little Hu Immortal, and I'm deeply grateful to Brother Lucinziel for his open-mindedness. His speech moved me greatly, and because of it, I've decided not to have such dangerous thoughts again )

"A.I, scan me," Fang Yuan ordered the A.I chip, already knowing what the result would be.

He was exhausted. His body barely moved as fatigue weighed on him heavily.

Even though he had made all necessary arrangements, refining an Immortal Gu with a mortal body was no easy feat. Was it so simple to refine an Immortal Gu? Many Gu Immortals faced severe backlashes when they made mistakes during refinement—injury at best, death at worst.

[Beep! Scan complete. Fang Yuan, Status: soul injured.]

"The foundation of my soul is too weak and got injured. But thankfully, this is Dang Hun Mountain..." Fang Yuan's expression relaxed slightly as he thought this. He called out lightly, "Land spirit."

"Master?" Hu Immortal Land Spirit appeared, lowering her head. Her face flushed as she shyly looked at her feet.

Hu Immortal was like a little girl, appearing five to six years old, with a colorful dress and snowy white skin glowing with a hint of pinkness. Her large, shiny black eyes emitted an innocent gaze, and behind her back, a fluffy, snow-white fox tail swayed. She was irresistibly cute, and one could hardly resist the urge to play with her.

Just as Fang Yuan was about to give her orders, the refinement inside him finished.

The Divine Travel Immortal Gu appeared in front of him.

"Hahaha, my gains are enormous," Fang Yuan laughed in excitement but quickly composed himself. "I'll count them after healing my soul."

"Little Hu Immortal, teleport me to the nearest gutstone."

"Yes," Hu Immortal nodded obediently but hesitated for a moment before adding, "Master, you do not like clothes? Wearing something nice will energize you and make you feel happier."

Fang Yuan: "…"

He had spare clothing stored in his storage Gu. After changing into a black robe, he was teleported to the peak of Dang Hun Mountain.

"Master, there's a gutstone here," Hu Immortal pointed below her feet.

Gutstones were only found on Dang Hun Mountain. Breaking one open revealed a Guts Gu.

Guts Gu were one-time consumable soul path Gu. They could improve soul foundation and add soul path dao marks to the user's body or their immortal aperture. The common uses of Guts Gu were to heal a sustained soul injury or strengthen the soul.

However, one's soul couldn't be endlessly strengthened with Guts Gu. After a certain limit, the soul needed to be refined to continue benefiting from it.

Fang Yuan quickly walked over, squatted down, and smashed the gutstone with his hand.

As the stone shattered, a Gu flew out, turning into an eerie grey light that entered Fang Yuan's body. His mind instantly felt clearer. But mentally drained and physically exhausted, Fang Yuan decided to rest.

Before drifting off to sleep, Fang Yuan felt a wave of relief wash over him as he thought, "I'm sure my brother He Feng Yang will do his best to protect me."

"Such a good brother," he mused with a faint smile. "I will reward him once I become a Venerable."

Days later...

Atop a green mountain valley, a small waterfall flowed downward like a strip of silvery silk, its soft murmur blending with the sounds of nature. The stream fed into an ancient lake, dark jade in color, its deep surface rippling under the weight of time. Within the water, fish of all kinds swam gracefully, their colors shimmering like jewels under the sunlight.

On a white rock by the lake, Feng Jin Huang sat, her eyes closed. Her face, bright and beautiful, was reflected in the dark water below, lending an elegant brilliance to the scene. The colorful fish, the clear water, the silvery waterfall, and the lush green valley all existed in perfect harmony.

But the beauty around her was lost on Feng Jin Huang. Her face, though radiant, was clouded by a deep gloom.

No matter how hard she tried to calm herself, every time she closed her eyes, the same image flashed from the depths of her mind.

That day atop the pink crystal mountain… him.

A naked man stood before her, black eyes staring down coldly. She had been on the edge of the cliff, helpless. When she looked up, she saw everything — his strong muscles, his broad chest, and that... massive thing between his legs. The image had burned itself into her memory, inescapable.

But it wasn't just the sight of him. It was his actions.

The question he had asked her — so shameless.

And then… he kicked her, throwing her off the cliff. The feeling of his foot connecting with her face, the impact, the humiliation — it was so vivid that she could still feel it even now.

"Forget it. Forget him. Stay calm… stay calm..." she whispered to herself, her breathing growing more rapid despite her efforts.

Her chest heaved, her breaths becoming erratic. Shame, anger, and some unknown feelings twisted together inside her, boiling over.

"How could he? How could he do that to me?!" she whispered, eyes snapping open, her hands clenching into fists.

Suddenly, she stood, her phoenix eyes burning with fury.

"You… despicable, shameless man!" she shouted, voice echoing through the valley. "You dared to stand naked before me… dared to kick me down the cliff! I swear, I'll make you regret it! I'll make you pay!"

Her fists lashed out, striking the air with raw power.

Bam! Bam! Bam!

Each punch sent shockwaves through the surroundings. The ancient lake evaporated, the green hills surrounding it scorched and crumbling under the intensity of her rage. Rocks flew, the ground cracked, the entire valley shook as her frenzied blows ravaged the landscape.

In just a few breaths, the beautiful valley was reduced to ruins.

And yet, Feng Jin Huang did not stop. Her screams tore through the air, her fury an unstoppable force.

(Never confront a woman in her anger; there is a deep meaning behind this that only a few will truly understand.)

"Ahhhhhhh!"

"This scoundrel!!!

"Shameless naked man"

"I swear, I'll make you pay. I want you to regret everything you have done to me. "

Feng Jin Huang continued without stopping, the anger in her chest consuming her, driving her beyond all rational thought

Hundreds of miles away, atop a mountain peak, a house stood quietly against the sky. Inside, a pair of worried eyes watched the scene unfold.

"Oh, my little Feng'er…" The woman, dressed in white silk with a green belt, had a dignified and elegant air, her features bearing a striking resemblance to Feng Jin Huang's. She was Fairy Bai Qing, a Rank Six Gu Immortal and Feng Jin Huang's mother.

"Stop watching her. You've already looked seven or eight times in the past ten minutes," a man's voice spoke from behind. "The jade sea tide tea I brewed for you is getting cold. Come and sit down."

Feng Jiu Ge sat nearby, sipping tea with a helpless expression.

"Drink, drink, drink — all you care about is drinking tea! Is Feng Jin Huang even your daughter? Aren't you worried about her at all?" Bai Qing turned to face him, her brows furrowed in frustration.

"Our daughter has always been competitive, ever since she was a child," she continued. "Her talent was unmatched in the sect. But the Hu Immortal Inheritance was her first failure... the most important failure of her life. And you, her father, are still in the mood to drink tea?"

Bai Qing's voice trembled as she continued. "She didn't just lose. She was humiliated, trampled on. And worst of all, she saw him — that naked man — for the first time, saw a man's body from her age. How could she marry again after something like that?"

(The future will be very interesting)

ch.11: The Same Discussion New
(The upcoming chapters will primarily focus on providing detailed information for those who forgot RI {maybe won't be the last}. However, I am working on several significant alterations and a massive plot twist that I believe will leave everyone—myself included—both excited and extremely happy. Just thinking about writing IT fills me with joy and anticipation)

(Note: you can just go to ch.15 directly)

The more Fairy Bai Qing spoke, the more her anxiety grew, her eyes gradually reddening with emotion.

Seeing her distress, Feng Jiu Ge immediately rose from his seat, moving to her side and wrapping his arms around her. He gently comforted her, saying, "Don't cry, don't cry, my Qing'er. Isn't your husband still here? Besides, in my opinion, this situation isn't entirely without its benefits."

Bai Qing cast him a doubtful glance. "Oh? What possible good could come from this?"

Feng Jiu Ge sighed softly, his voice steady yet serious. "Feng'er is our pride, but she's also always been our worry. She's too competitive, always pushing herself to be the best. Yes, her talent far exceeds mine, and her comprehension is extraordinary, but what of it? Even if her talent is unmatched, is it greater than all the heroes in the world? Can she really compare to Desolate Ancient Moon?"

He paused, his gaze deepening. "Even Desolate Ancient Moon, Ren Zu's daughter, experienced failure after failure. Feng'er has only ever known victory. She's never tasted true defeat, and that has become her greatest weakness."

"Qing'er," he continued, his tone softening, "you are a Rank Six Gu Immortal, and I am Rank Seven. But even Immortal Venerables and Demon Venerables, with all their power, can only extend their lives. They cannot live forever. We can shield Feng'er for now, but one day, we'll be gone, and she'll have to stand on her own. This setback, as painful as it is, will help her grow."

"Birds must leave the nest to soar. It is only by facing hardship that their wings strengthen enough to conquer the sky. When Feng'er eventually leaves us, we'll know she's truly ready."

Fairy Bai Qing leaned into his chest, wiping her tears away. Her voice softened, though her heart was still heavy. "You're right… Feng'er will leave us one day, and she needs to face more challenges. But this was too much. She lost so much this time. The Hu Immortal Inheritance was snatched from her, and to make matters worse, that Immortal Crane Sect boy humiliated her. As her father, don't you feel you must do something?"

Feng Jiu Ge's expression darkened, and a cold gleam flashed in his eyes. "Immortal Crane Sect has indeed gone too far. Even though they've agreed to compensate us and the other eight major sects, how can I tolerate anyone bullying my daughter? I've already sent a letter. If He Feng Yang doesn't act wisely, I'll visit him personally and settle the score."

Fairy Bai Qing's heart eased, knowing her husband had already taken action. But the worry quickly returned as she looked up at him. "Husband, please don't be reckless. Don't stir up more trouble. Remember what happened the last time you clashed with the top ten sects? Immortal Crane Sect was one of those affected. They know your strength, but there's no need to provoke them again."

Feng Jiu Ge chuckled lightly, patting her shoulder reassuringly. "Don't worry. I know what I'm doing. I won't cause unnecessary trouble."

Yet even as he spoke, a dark glint passed through his eyes. "None of the top ten sects in Central Continent are worthy of challenging me now," he thought, his heart filled with confidence and silent disdain.

South of the Central Continent

"This Feng Jiu Ge has gone too far!" The supreme first elder's face was flushed with rage as his trembling hands gripped a thin letter. His voice boomed through the room as he slammed it down on the white jade stone table.

The letter radiated an azure-green hue, a sign that it had been sent using the Rank Five Letter-Sending Green Bird Gu. Though the demands within were overbearing, the supreme first elder didn't dare destroy it—Feng Jiu Ge would sense it immediately. Angering him could lead to disastrous consequences.

"This Feng Jiu Ge..." the elder seethed. "He was born into the demonic path. After obtaining a rare opportunity, he cultivated in secret, emerging as a Rank Six Gu Immortal and shaking the world. He challenged countless experts and crushed them all. Even when the ten great sects joined forces, they couldn't stop him."

He paused, eyes narrowing with frustration. "He traveled over ten million miles, devastating us with his surprise attacks. It was chaos—no one could stop him."

The supreme second elder interjected, his tone calm, "Fortunately, Fairy Bai Qing of Spirit Affinity House reformed him with her love, pulling him from the demonic path. Otherwise, Feng Jiu Ge would still be a thorn in our side."

The first elder's face darkened. "That was then. Now, with Rank Seven cultivation and Spirit Affinity House backing him, his demands have only grown more arrogant. Yet what choice do we have? With his strength and influence, he's untouchable. We must comply, overbearing as he may be."

A tense silence followed, thickening the air in the Shang Qing Pavilion.

Suddenly, a thunderous voice echoed through the hall, shaking the windows.

"He Feng Yang, how could this matter spiral so far out of control under your supervision?" Lei Tan, a Rank Six Gu Immortal, glared furiously at He Feng Yang. "Fang Yuan isn't even our disciple! Why would you risk the entire sect to defend him?"

All eyes turned toward He Feng Yang.

He Feng Yang, appearing as a young man with jade-colored brows extending to his waist, remained calm. A gentle smile played on his lips, seemingly out of place amidst the tension. He looked around slowly before speaking.

"True, Fang Yuan is not our disciple," He Feng Yang said, his voice smooth. "But his brother, Fang Zheng, is. In fact, Fang Zheng is the leader of our current generation of elite disciples."

Lei Tan snickered. "And you think this 'elite disciple's' brother is worth jeopardizing the entire Immortal Crane Sect? Do you even understand how much compensation we owe the nine other sects because of this Fang Yuan?"

He Feng Yang cast a dismissive glance at Lei Tan. "I understand perfectly. Yet even if you multiplied that cost threefold, it wouldn't compare to what we stand to gain from the Hu Immortal Blessed Land. Not to mention the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu and the Divine Travel Gu that was being refined."

The room buzzed with murmurs as the elders exchanged glances, realizing the significance of his words.

Lei Tan's impatience was growing. "What exactly are you suggesting?"

He Feng Yang smiled. It was the supreme third elder who broke the silence with a low chuckle. "I see now. By protecting Fang Yuan, you've removed the competition from the other sects without having to fight. The Hu Immortal Blessed Land now falls squarely into our hands."

Lei Tan's eyes flashed, but he remained silent.

He Feng Yang bowed slightly toward the third elder. "The third elder's insight is sharp as ever. Who would've thought a mere mortal would ascend Dang Hun Mountain, take the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu, and claim the Hu Immortal inheritance right in front of Central Continent's Gu Immortals?"

His voice grew more serious. "That blessed land lies on Tian Ti Mountain, once connected directly to Heavenly Court. Though it now lies in ruins, attacking it would be tantamount to defying Heavenly Court itself. That's why, despite its treasures, none of the sects dared make a direct move."

He turned his gaze to Lei Tan. "Even if we wanted to attack, we would need at least three Rank Six Gu Immortals to breach its defenses. The land spirit and Dang Hun Mountain form an impenetrable barrier. Could you, Lei Tan, scale that mountain alone?"

Lei Tan grunted but offered no retort.

A blessed land's land spirit controlled its resources, and its strength often rivaled that of a Gu Immortal. Worse, it could suppress Gu worms below Rank Six, leaving only Immortal Gu effective in battle. But not all Gu Immortals possessed powerful offensive Immortal Gu, making direct assault a futile gamble. And the cost of immortal essence for such an attack? Astronomical.

Seeing Lei Tan's silence, He Feng Yang continued, "When Fang Yuan seized the inheritance, he immediately ordered the land spirit to seal the blessed land. The other sects suspected he was part of our plan due to his resemblance to Fang Zheng. I could've revealed the truth and reignited the competition, but instead, I allowed their misconception to grow. By claiming Fang Yuan as one of ours, we've shut the other sects out entirely."

He paused to let the weight of his words sink in. "Now, we control the situation."

Lei Tan's frown deepened, but he couldn't deny the logic. "Even so, the Hu Immortal Blessed Land remains sealed. Without an opening, how do you expect us to enter?"

He Feng Yang's eyes gleamed. "Every blessed land faces calamities and tribulations. Hu Immortal perished during her fifth earthly calamity. Based on my calculations, the next calamity is in a year and three months. Fang Yuan, a mere mortal, won't survive without help. When the calamity strikes, the blessed land will weaken—that will be our opportunity."

Lei Tan crossed his arms. "And if a loophole appears, will you dare risk attacking? It's still on Tian Ti Mountain."

"Attacking is the last resort," He Feng Yang replied calmly. "Fang Yuan will seek aid when the calamity approaches. That's when we step in. We'll send Fang Zheng to sway his heart, to draw him toward our sect. With time and cooperation, Fang Yuan will become dependent on us. He may even submit willingly."

His smile darkened. "And if not? There are other means. The Slavery Gu, for instance. Fang Yuan is still a mortal; controlling him would be simple. Once he's ours, the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu and Divine travel Gu will naturally follow."

A ripple of greed passed through the elders as they considered the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu and Divine Travel Immortal Gu.

Lei Tan, though frustrated, could not argue. "You make it sound easy. Let's hope it is."

The supreme third elder, though intrigued, remained cautious. "The Fixed Immortal Travel Gu is powerful, but activating it requires immortal essence. How did a mortal like Fang Yuan know the Hu Immortal Blessed Land so well? His arrival was too perfectly timed. Could this be a ploy from the demonic path?"

He Feng Yang bowed. "Junior is unsure. We only had clues regarding the Blood Sea inheritance. Years ago, when a disciple defected to Southern Border, I sent Lord Sky Crane after him, but he failed. Fang Yuan ultimately acquired the Blood Skull Gu."

His voice darkened. "This Fang Yuan… he annihilated his clan to increase his aptitude. Ruthless beyond measure, yet, until now, just an ant beneath our notice."

The room fell silent.

The supreme grand elder finally spoke. "He Feng Yang, your plan holds promise. You will oversee this matter. If you succeed in securing the Hu Immortal Blessed Land, the sect will reward you handsomely."

He Feng Yang bowed deeply. "Your junior will not disappoint."

The supreme grand elder's voice turned cold. "One more thing—since this task is yours, you will have to hand your One's Own Way Gu. Feng Jiu Ge has demanded it."

One's Own Way was an Immortal Gu that allowed a mortal Gu Worm to operate independently without having heavenly power restriction in the Blessed Land.

He Feng Yang could only accept with a bitter smile, his heart filled with mixed emotions. The loss of his One's Own Way Immortal Gu stung, but in his mind, it was a small price to pay for the grander prize ahead. He envisioned his future—once Fang Yuan was under his control, the Hu Immortal Blessed Land, the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu, Divine Travel Gu and all of the secrets of Fang Yuan would be his.

"Enduring a small loss now for a future filled with glory," he thought to himself. His smile appeared as he imagined the day when all the power, prestige, and treasures would be his, taken from that mere mortal Fang Yuan.

ch.12: Fang Yuan regains consciousness New

Fang Yuan slowly opened his eyes, then rose from the massive bed beneath him.

The round bed was large enough to fit fifty people, covered with a luxurious silk blanket, red with golden rims. As he glanced around, he took in the splendor of his surroundings. He found himself in a grand bedroom, one that exuded opulence at every corner.

Beside the bed, a stove burned incense, filling the air with a fragrance that stirred subtle feelings. The walls were made of golden bricks, and the floor was paved with silver tiles. Every piece of furniture—the tables, chairs, and dressing table—was adorned with pearls, agate, diamonds, and other precious gems. The entire room was a testament to its previous owner's immense wealth.

"This is a beautiful home," Fang Yuan muttered, stepping down from the bed.

Then, with a light voice, he called out, "Little Hu?"

Swoosh.

The Hu Immortal land spirit appeared instantly before him. Her cheeks flushed red as she looked shyly at the ground.

"Master, you are finally awake," she said softly, her voice carrying the same timid tone as always.

"How long did I sleep?" Fang Yuan asked, his gaze sharp.

"Master, you were asleep for six days," Hu Immortal replied, her large, shining eyes blinking as she spoke.

"Six days?" Fang Yuan murmured. "Just one day less than the original owner, despite healing my soul injury before collapsing."

He wasn't surprised, however. He understood it clearly—he had pushed himself to the brink both mentally and physically, even sustaining a soul injury.

The constant wariness of Bai Ning Bing's coming betrayal, the looming pressure from Heaven's Will, and the schemes he had to enact to outwit the land spirit had left him drained. From the moment he pretended to refine the second aperture, to successfully refining the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu amidst the torrential light stream, and consuming the top four wines to acquire Divine Travel Gu—each step had been fraught with tension.

The weight of his actions had been crushing. He had created an impossible situation, pulling off the Hu Immortal Inheritance right under the noses of Central Continent's top Gu Immortals. It had been like playing with fire, making enemies of all ten great sects and even the Heavenly Court.

If not for his knowledge of future events knowing that Heaven Court was assisting Heaven's will right now and would even go to indirectly protect him, he might have been deeply worried about his future.

Once he had become the blessed land's owner, Fang Yuan's first command was for the land spirit to shut the entire blessed land. That act alone gave him some reprieve, and exhaustion claimed him, forcing him into days of rest.

Now, as his thoughts cleared, he asked, "During this period, did any strong enemies attack the blessed land?" His mind, sharp as ever, added, Always be wary of the unexpected.

Hu Immortal shook her head gently. "Master, during the six days you were asleep, nobody attacked."

"As expected of He Feng Yang. He didn't let me down," Fang Yuan thought, a rare flicker of appreciation passing through him. The sacrifice He Feng Yang had made to give up the One's Own Way Immortal Gu to protect him was not a small matter.

He Feng Yang had bravely defended him, blocking the advances of the other nine sects. Yet Fang Yuan knew he couldn't allow himself to be lulled into a false sense of security.

His brows furrowed slightly as he thought of the looming threat. "The next earthly calamity is in a year and three months, correct?"

Hu Immortal's eyes widened in amazement. "Master, I was just about to inform you. You're incredible, already knowing this!"

"Yes," she continued, her voice tinged with anxiety. "The blessed land has already survived five earthly calamities. The sixth is indeed just over a year away."

Fang Yuan nodded, his mind already calculating the next steps. The future was still filled with danger. Heaven's Will loomed over him like an invisible predator. Spectral Soul Venerable's revival was inevitable, his clones schemed in the dark, Shadow Sect was lurking with unknown plans, and both Heavenly Court and the righteous path immortals hungered for his downfall. Even the demonic path could not be trusted; many would gladly see him dead if it benefitted them.

It could be said that everyone wanted to kill Fang Yuan.

Yet, amidst this web of enemies, he remained unfazed. His mind, sharper than any blade, was already working out the strategies that would turn these dangers into opportunities. Every calamity, every tribulation, was a stepping stone. Each adversary could become an unwitting pawn in his grand design.

The sixth calamity? It would be no different. Fang Yuan's confidence was unshakable.

Obstacles are merely opportunities in disguise, Fang Yuan thought coldly. I will overcome them all, and in the end, it is I who will profit.

The storm that surrounded him was intensifying, but Fang Yuan had no fear. He thrived in chaos. The more dangerous the situation, the greater his gains would be.

His ambition was limitless, his patience unyielding, and his will indomitable. This was the nature of Fang Yuan—one who walked the demonic path without hesitation or regret.

He was still the same Fang Yuan.

ch.13: Hu Immortal Blessed Land New

After gathering his thoughts, Fang Yuan frowned slightly. Although he had absorbed all the knowledge of the Reverend Insanity plotline, it was impossible to remember every small detail, especially regarding specific numbers and measurements.

For example, he couldn't recall the exact area of the Hu Immortal Blessed Land or the precise number of Gu worms inhabiting it. He decided to rectify this immediately.

"Little Hu," Fang Yuan called out calmly, "give me a detailed report on the blessed land."

The Hu Immortal land spirit appeared instantly, bowing her head slightly. Her timid demeanor remained unchanged as she spoke softly, "Master, this blessed land spans around 4,000 km². The flow of time here is five times faster than the outside world."

She raised her hand, and a virtual image formed in the air before Fang Yuan, depicting the vast lands under his control. The land appeared like a colorful carpet, divided into various regions, each teeming with grasses and flowers.

"The land is mostly grassland," she continued, "composed primarily of blue degree grass, water chestnut grass, and six divine grass. Additionally, there are seven treasure flowers and milk tea flowers. These make up the primary resources, but there are also several types of wild grass and flowers, as well as a number of wild Gu worms."

Fang Yuan studied the floating image. The blue degree grass had a poisonous hue, while the water chestnut grass resembled small spiked bulbs. The six divine grass, with its six jade-like leaves, exuded a faint sense of vitality. The seven-colored treasure flowers sparkled like gems, while the cup-shaped milk tea flowers were filled with nectar resembling creamy tea.

He nodded slightly. These grasses and flowers may seem insignificant to the untrained eye, but they were valuable cultivation resources. Each species could be used as a Gu refinement ingredient, and some of the flowers and grasses even nurtured wild Gu worms. With 4,000 square kilometers of land, the amount of potential Gu was staggering.

"How many wild Gu worms are present in the blessed land?" Fang Yuan asked, his sharp gaze never leaving the image.

The Hu Immortal land spirit tilted her head, calculating for a brief moment before responding, "At present, there are over 860,000 Rank One Gu, distributed across fifty-two types. There are approximately 130,000 Rank Two Gu, with forty-eight types. Five thousand Rank Three Gu, with twelve types. Sixty Rank Four Gu, spread across eight types. And only one Rank Five Gu— the fox skin Gu."

Fang Yuan nodded again, absorbing the information quickly. These wild Gu worms would be easy to capture. With just a single command, the land spirit could gather them for him instantly. This was a major advantage, as Gu refinement would require vast amounts of these materials, and he could trade them if necessary.

Moreover, while Rank One and Two Gu were insignificant for the time being, the higher-ranked ones could still be of use, either as trade items or as part of future refinement schemes.

Fang Yuan's thoughts began to spin with possibilities. The resources of this blessed land, while limited compared to larger immortal sects, were still a goldmine for him, especially considering his desperate need to grow stronger quickly. He could use these resources to refine crucial Gu worms, cultivate, and expand his foundation.

Of course, the Hu Immortal Blessed Land had its limitations. Fang Yuan knew that even though it was sealed from the outside world, it was not immune to external calamities and tribulations. He had barely survived the competition from the ten major sects and had slipped through their fingers.

Now, the sixth earthly calamity loomed just over a year away. Fang Yuan wasn't foolish enough to think he could avoid it. If he wasn't prepared, everything he had gained— the blessed land, the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu, and the wealth of resources— would be wiped away in an instant.

Still, the corner of his lips curled into a cold smile. Tribulation? Calamity? Heaven's Will? Even the countless enemies he had made? They were all obstacles that would ultimately serve his path.

Through tribulation, I grow stronger. Through conflict, I gain experience.
Fang Yuan had no doubt that even the upcoming calamity would be a chance for him to profit, as long as he played his cards right.

"Master," the Hu Immortal land spirit's soft voice brought him back from his thoughts, "is there anything else you wish to know?"

Fang Yuan waved her off for now. He had enough information. His sharp eyes gleamed with a calculating light. The sixth calamity was only a small stepping stone. With these resources, he could lay a strong foundation for the future battles to come.

From the righteous path to demon immortals, from Heaven's Will to Shadow Sect, from his own clones to the schemes of Heavenly Court, it seemed like the entire world was arrayed against him. But Fang Yuan was undeterred.

Each trial was an opportunity.

He would continue to cultivate, refine, and grow stronger. He would wield his enemies' strength against them, bending even Heaven's Will to his own advantage.

The path ahead was long, but Fang Yuan had unwavering confidence that no matter the danger, he would overcome them all—and profit.

After Hu Immortal died, her lingering obsession did not dissipate. Instead, it merged with the heavenly power of the land, forming an unusual existence known as the land spirit. In some ways, this land spirit was a continuation of Hu Immortal's life, retaining her essence and loyalty.

Thus, the land spirit became the true representative of the Hu Immortal Blessed Land, aware of every detail, every resource, and every Gu within its borders.

Now that Fang Yuan had become the master of this blessed land, everything within it—its treasures, its natural resources, and even the land spirit itself—belonged to him. The entire blessed land, in all its glory, was now his domain.

ch.14: The Same Bad Situation New
The Hu Immortal land spirit continued with her detailed introduction, "Currently, there are about a thousand groups of foxes living here, including red foxes, golden foxes, cloud foxes, wind foxes, autumn foxes, flowing light foxes, and more. The three largest groups each contain approximately eight hundred thousand foxes, making a total of around four million seven hundred thousand foxes."

Fang Yuan listened intently, nodding thoughtfully.

With three myriad fox groups, the land boasted three myriad beast kings. However, the development of these beasts had not yet reached the level of creating a beast emperor. Beasts were classified simply from low to high: hundred beast king, thousand beast king, myriad beast king, and beast emperor. For instance, Ba Huang and Ying Ming, two beast emperors from the three kings inheritance, possessed battle strength on par with rank five Gu Masters and were able to temporarily block the advances of Mo Wu Tian and Xiao Mang.

"There are many fox groups, but they're all common foxes, with no mutated beasts among them," Fang Yuan mused inwardly.

Ordinary beasts were not as valuable as their mutated counterparts. For example, a thunder boar far surpasses a regular boar, and a lion mastiff holds more value than a wild dog. Beyond mutated beasts were desolate beasts, and above them were ancient desolate and immemorial desolate beasts. The violent blood dragon bat of Song Zi Xing was an ancient desolate beast, one of the nine true inheritances of Ancestor Blood Sea. Immemorial desolate beasts, like the legendary nine-tailed fox, were described in The Legends of Ren Zu.

Fang Yuan had planned to develop the Hu Immortal blessed land for his first Rank 9 Gu.

The land spirit continued, "There were once many more fox groups in the blessed land—at least three times the current number. However, the second earthly calamity caused a meteor fire rain that devastated the eastern area, killing hundreds of thousands of foxes and leaving the flames still burning today. The fourth earthly calamity brought a massive flood that submerged much of the northern grassland, resulting in even more deaths among the foxes. That's why only this many remain."

As she spoke, she waved her hand, and smoke formed images of the eastern and northern parts of the land.

The eastern region was a wasteland of dust and smoke, with meteoric craters scattered about. Black flames burned around the craters, emitting a silent but fearsome aura. The northern part was engulfed in dark, endless rain, with flooded waters carrying bits of destroyed flora and floating fox corpses.

The destructive power of an earthly calamity was immense, with countless types that were nearly impossible to predict or prepare for. Every decade, these calamities threatened the blessed land. Hu Immortal had defended against five such calamities before succumbing to her fate, and the damage from previous calamities remained unresolved. The loss was severe: the blessed land originally spanned 4000 km², but the northern and eastern regions had been destroyed, resulting in a loss of over 1300 km².

The land spirit then revealed even more troubling news.

"Master, the greatest trouble is this." She gestured, and the scene shifted to reveal a scorched black prairie with a human figure composed entirely of blue lightning, sitting cross-legged.

The figure was strikingly luminous but emitted an overwhelming and terrifying power.

"Even though I knew about this, seeing it—this is the earth calamity known as the Blue Charm Lightning Shadow!" Fang Yuan inhaled sharply.

This lightning figure, one of the earth calamities, was extremely powerful, rivaling a rank six Gu Immortal in strength. Fang Yuan deduced that this lightning shadow was likely the cause of Hu Immortal's death. An enslavement path Gu Master like Hu Immortal, despite controlling many fox groups, would have been easily subdued by such a formidable opponent. The lightning shadow's presence meant that Hu Immortal had likely faced it in close combat, resulting in her demise.

"Master, please exercise caution when you move around. This lightning shadow roams randomly across the land, avoiding only Dang Hun Mountain," the land spirit warned, her voice trembling slightly as she spoke.

"This lightning is an earth calamity but also a living entity. Since it has a soul, it is repelled by Dang Hun Mountain due to its shockwave capabilities," Fang Yuan reflected.

"Are there any other bad news? Please tell me everything now." He inquired, knowing that's all

The Hu Immortal Blessed Land faced imminent crisis, with internal and external threats both severe.

The land spirit shook her head. "I've already shared the worst of it. The remaining news is good news."

Firstly, in the southern part of the blessed land, there was a tribe of Rockmen, a type of variant human who lived underground and consumed ore.

Secondly, the blessed land contained abundant immortal essence.

The land spirit led Fang Yuan to the palace within Dang Hun Mountain, where an enormous golden bowl brimmed with green immortal essence. Most of the essence had naturally congealed into a ball resembling a grape. This green grape immortal essence, available only to rank six Gu Immortals, was a significant resource. It represented a level of immortal essence production typically achieved by a Gu Immortal's aperture, correlating to the grade of their blessed land.

Advancing to Rank 6 the newly formed immortal aperture would cease to produce primeval essence and instead start producing green grape immortal essence beads. Every newly advanced rank 6 Gu Immortal will receive some green grape immortal essence beads.

After advancing to Rank 7 the immortal aperture would instead start producing red date immortal essence beads.

1 red date immortal essence bead is equal to 100 green grape immortal essence beads.

After advancing to Rank 8 the immortal aperture would instead start producing white litchi immortal essence beads.

1 white litchi immortal essence bead is equal to 100 red date immortal essence beads.

After advancing to Rank 9 the immortal aperture would instead start producing yellow apricot immortal essence beads.

1 yellow apricot immortal essence bead is equal to 100 white litchi immortal essence beads.

SO

One bead of green grape immortal essence is equivalent to 1 immortal essence stone.

One bead of red date immortal essence is equivalent to 100 immortal essence stone.

One bead of white litchi immortal essence is equivalent to 10,000 immortal essence stone.

One bead of yellow apricot immortal essence is equivalent to 1,000,000 immortal essence stone.

ch.15: Something Strange New
(I have been preparing for something from the first chapter and likewise this chapter too.)

(Hint: Did you feel something is wrong in the MC? )

Fang Yuan stood quietly, surveying the Hu Immortal Blessed Land, his mind filled with thoughts of a grand future. A rare sense of ease settled over him, knowing that everything was now firmly in his control. Nothing could catch him off guard.

"I need to solve its problems," he muttered, "but before that, I'll count my gains. Only by fully understanding my resources can I utilize them to the fullest."

His first and most valuable gain was the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu—a crucial component of many future plans.

Second, there was the Divine Travel Gu. Although it wasn't as potent as the Fixed Immortal Travel, it was still a rank six space-type immortal Gu—extremely useful.

Third came the False Second Aperture Gu. It was another significant asset. Now that he possessed the Divine Travel Gu, Fang Yuan could consider refining the False Second Aperture Gu without fear of losing it.

Finally, there were the numerous Relic Gu and Lifespan Gu he had accumulated, along with an abundance of precious Gu materials. These were a massive fortune in themselves, carefully preserved rather than squandered during refinement.

As he took stock of all his acquisitions, Fang Yuan's gaze returned to his blessed land. Despite its issues, it was still an enormous gain, especially with Dang Hun Mountain—the most valuable treasure. It was the best place for soul cultivation. The mountain absorbed the scattered soul fragments of living beings that perished on it, creating Gutstones, from which Guts Gu could be harvested. Guts Gu were invaluable for strengthening a Gu Master's soul.

"As long as I continue consuming Guts Gu," Fang Yuan thought, "my soul's foundation will grow to an unimaginable level. What immense wealth!"

Every mortal rank had four levels: Initial, Middle, Upper, and Peak. Fang Yuan was currently a Rank 4 Upper-stage Gu Master. Sitting cross-legged with his eyes closed, his full attention was focused on his aperture.

He possessed an extraordinary ninety percent aptitude, classified as A-grade. Each rank of Gu Master had distinct primeval essences: rank one had green copper, rank two had red iron, rank three had white silver, rank four had yellow gold, and rank five had purple crystal primeval essence.

"It's time to enhance my cultivation," Fang Yuan declared, taking out his Rank 4 Yellow Golden Relic Gu.

Upon using it, his cultivation immediately surged to Rank 4 Peak-stage.

"Next, I'll break through to Rank 5," he thought excitedly.

Two days later, Fang Yuan was using primeval stones to replenish his essence. He nurtured the aperture walls, preparing to break through to the next stage. Throughout this period, he cultivated relentlessly, not wasting a single moment. Finally, he felt the breakthrough—his aura now exuding the power of a Rank 5 Gu Master.

"Hahaha! Feeling my power increase like this—it's addictive!" he laughed.

"But I'm not done yet."

Taking out three Rank 5 Purple Crystal Relic Gu from his collection, Fang Yuan used two, immediately advancing to Rank 5 Upper-stage. Without pause, he consumed the third.

The surge from the relic Gu brought his cultivation to Rank 5 Peak-stage.

In an astonishingly short span, Fang Yuan had jumped from Rank 4 Upper-stage to Rank 5 Peak-stage, an incredible leap. The best part was that relic Gu had no side effects, meaning his foundation remained stable and strong.

Gu Masters heavily relied on resources for cultivation. With enough resources, rapid advancements were possible. In theory, as long as one had enough relic Gu, they could advance their cultivation at lightning speed. But in practice, such resources were exceedingly rare—even large factions seldom took this path, preferring to temper the minds of younger generations.

"With a Rank 5 Peak-stage aperture, the pressure from the Spring Autumn Cicada has greatly reduced. I won't need to worry about it for a while. Perhaps I'll even reach immortality soon."

Fang Yuan felt a wave of pride wash over him. "Now, I stand at the peak of the mortal world."

Just as he was about to rise, dizziness struck him, followed by a sharp pain in his head.

"Didn't I heal my soul injury? What's going on?" Panic surged through Fang Yuan's mind. He had thought everything was under control.

"A.I., scan my body!" he commanded, hoping for clarity.

[Beep! Scan complete. Status: Healthy.]

"What?" Fang Yuan frowned. "Then scan my mind!"

[Beep! Scan complete! No foreign entities found in the host's mind. Everything appears normal.]

Even after the scan, Fang Yuan was at a loss. He didn't know what could be wrong. After a while, he managed to calm himself down.

"It seems I was too mentally drained," he concluded, "but the real issue is likely the weakness of my soul. If my soul were stronger, this wouldn't have happened."

With his immediate plans to address the blessed land's problems delayed, Fang Yuan prioritized his soul's improvement.

"Little Hu, take me to the Gutstones' locations, one by one."

Thus, Fang Yuan embarked on enhancing his soul strength, preparing himself for the challenges ahead.

ch.16: Dealing with Problems New

Fang Yuan broke the final Gutstone and smiled in satisfaction.

Right now, he felt an immense sense of comfort; his soul had strengthened threefold! A surge of power radiated from deep within his heart. This newfound strength was not just physical but deeply spiritual. Fang Yuan felt he could accomplish anything effortlessly, whether it was analyzing problems or multitasking.

"Unfortunately, there are only over a hundred Gutstones on Dang Hun Mountain, and not all of them contained Guts Gu," Fang Yuan mused, a hint of regret in his voice.

When Hu Immortal acquired Dang Hun Mountain, it had already changed hands multiple times and was nearly depleted. Hu Immortal had moved it to the blessed land and managed it for decades. Each year, she sacrificed large numbers of foxes to irrigate the mountain, creating Gutstones. However, these were mostly consumed by Hu Immortal. After her death, the remaining Gutstones, accumulated over the past eight years, were now all used up by Fang Yuan.

According to the Hu Immortal Land Spirit, nearly ten thousand foxes were required to produce a single Gutstone. The more powerful the beast kings sacrificed, the more Gutstones were created.

"Now, I can relax and plan for the future," Fang Yuan said calmly.

"First, I need to deal with the Blue Charm Lightning Shadow. It's a hidden danger that needs to be addressed but I don't currently have the strength to destroy it."

"To resolve this threat, I need to act swiftly. dealing with it now will save me considerable time in the future and allow me to focus on other matters."

"To ensure I'm proceeding correctly, A.I., simulate the optimal strategy to deal with the Blue Charm Lightning Shadow."

One Month Later

Over the past month, Fang Yuan had been preparing a lot of killer moves and increasing his strength with the help of the A.I. Chip.

He was now ready to deal with the problems of the blessed land.

"There must be many people waiting outside, hoping to gain from my situation or just to send messages," Fang Yuan thought.

"It's time to act."

"Little Hu, transfer me to the east area and follow the orders I gave you."

"Y-yes, master. Please be careful," Little Hu replied, her big eyes red and teary, showing her deep concern.

The next moment, Fang Yuan appeared in the east area. The second earthly calamity had devastated this region, leaving it in ruins with unextinguished dark flames.

Fang Yuan deployed the killer moves he had prepared to defend against the fire. While shielding himself, he used another move to make his presence stand out, like a light in the darkness of the blessed land.

And then he waited....

Suddenly, a fierce lightning bolt struck the area where he was standing.

Boom!

The lightning transformed into a human-shaped shadow, emitting a deafening roar.

This was the Blue Charm Lightning Shadow!

Inside Dang Hun Palace, Fang Yuan's face went ashen as he witnessed the destruction of his previous location. If not for the land spirit's immediate teleportation, he might have perished.

Little Hu Immortal, her face pale and trembling, patted her chest, relieved but still scared.

The Blue Charm Lightning Shadow, enraged by its failed attack, attempted to leave the east area.

"Little Hu, cut off the surrounding area around the Blue Charm Lightning Shadow and the meteor fire," Fang Yuan ordered.

Reacting swiftly, Little Hu Immortal severed 500 square kilometers of the blessed land, trapping the Blue Charm Lightning Shadow.

"Success!" Fang Yuan exclaimed in joy.

"W-why did we have to sacrifice so much?" Little Hu sobbed, tears streaming down her face. "The blessed land has become smaller, and so much immortal essence has been lost…"

Land spirits, being representatives of the blessed land, viewed such actions as cutting off a part of their own flesh. Abandoning such a vast area was akin to losing a limb.

With the area now reduced to 3,500 km², the loss was substantial.

"Don't cry. As Itold you before, This was the only way to eliminate the hidden danger. Otherwise, the entire blessed land could have been destroyed," Fang Yuan said, trying to console the spirit.

"What should we do now, Master?" Little Hu asked, feeling lost.

Fang Yuan remained silent, his expression cold.

"I need more strength!" he thought with clenched fists, feeling a surge of frustration. Despite his progress, facing real dangers still left him feeling inadequate. The thought of facing the Shadow Sect, Heaven's Will, or the Heavenly Court filled him with concern.

"Then continue to grow. Continue to become stronger, stronger, and even stronger!"

"I need to get some rest. Little Hu, manage the blessed land well and ensure no one enters."

"Understood, master. You can rest assured that everything will be taken care of," Little Hu responded, her voice brightening as she began to move past the painful loss.

ch.17: News From Outside New
Fang Yuan slept for six hours, and when he woke, he felt completely rejuvenated. His mind was clear, his body refreshed, and his condition was optimal.

"Where's the land spirit?" He stomped his foot, calling for her.

In an instant, Little Hu Immortal tore through space with a swoosh and appeared before him.

"Master, I've managed the blessed land well, and no one has entered!" Little Hu Immortal's face flushed with pride, clearly satisfied at having completed his orders.

"Good job," Fang Yuan said, noticing how she beamed with joy at his praise.

"Oh right, master! There are three letters here; they were sent through the loophole," Little Hu Immortal added, taking out three Gu worms and handing them to Fang Yuan.

When loopholes grow large enough to become tunnels, people can enter and exit. But before that, only Gu worms can pass through the small gaps. Cutting off the east area had caused this loophole.

The three Gu worms were all from the letter type Gu. One was the rank three lightning symbol paper crane Gu, another was the rank five letter sending green bird Gu, and the third was a rank three flying sword letter Gu.

Fang Yuan glanced at the three letters, a smile forming on his face. "Fate... Even though I cut the land months earlier than in the original timeline, there are still three letters." He sighed at the mysterious force of fate.

He first took out the green bird Gu. The bird transformed into a letter—it was from the rank seven Gu Immortal, Feng Jiu Ge!

Fang Yuan wasn't surprised. The moment he saw the green bird Gu, he knew it was him.

In his letter, Feng Jiu Ge's tone was calm. He first expressed admiration for Fang Yuan before stating his purpose: he wanted to arrange a battle between Fang Yuan and his daughter, Feng Jin Huang!

It seemed that ever since Feng Jin Huang returned to Spirit Affinity House, she had been moody and dispirited. During this time, she had cultivated diligently to reclaim her pride. The battle was initiated by her—she wanted a fair fight with Fang Yuan, betting the glory of both Spirit Affinity House and Immortal Crane Sect!

"Feng Jiu Ge is an important person. I will give him a reply," Fang Yuan mused, though a playful smile tugged at his lips.

Next, he retrieved the flying sword letter Gu.

Opening it, he saw that it was another challenge letter. But this one was filled with curses and insults—every ancestor of Fang Yuan's was mentioned, and even Immortal Crane Sect's honor was used to provoke him into accepting the battle. Finally, the letter threatened that if Fang Yuan didn't agree, the sender would reveal the contents to the public, tarnishing his reputation as a coward.

Fang Yuan glanced over it carefully, a light smile appearing on his face. "Oh, it's this rascal Jian Yi Sheng."

Jian Yi Sheng was a metal and sword path Gu Immortal from Central Continent. He was a demonic cultivator from Tian Ti Mountain, infamous for being a devious coward.

In Fang Yuan's 500-year memories, he had been ambushed by Jian Yi Sheng many times. Eventually, Fang Yuan summoned the blood sea to retaliate, forcing Jian Yi Sheng to hide in his blessed land, too terrified to fight. Fang Yuan blocked him for twenty years until Jian Yi Sheng finally realized he had angered the wrong person. Unable to endure the pressure any longer, Jian Yi Sheng knelt before Fang Yuan in surrender, completely abandoning any dignity as a Gu Immortal.

As for why Jian Yi Sheng was challenging Fang Yuan now, it was pure misfortune.

After Fang Yuan discarded part of his blessed land and sent the blue charm lightning shadow toward Tian Ti Mountain, Jian Yi Sheng saw it as opportunity and tried to swallow it.

FLASHBACK

"Hahaha! What a huge piece of blessed land! It's mine! Don't even think of snatching it from me!" Jian Yi Sheng shouted, filled with greed as he attempted to pull the newly discarded land into his own blessed land, hoping to expand his territory.

Suddenly, a flash of lightning streaked across the sky.

"F*ck!" Jian Yi Sheng cursed. Caught off guard, he was struck by the blue charm lightning shadow and sent flying like a cannonball.

"That little rascal Fang Yuan... he's truly evil and daring! Scheming against me like this! Fight me fairly if you have any guts!" He roared in anger, his pride wounded, as he sent out the flying sword letter Gu.

At the time, even though he was a Gu Immortal, Jian Yi Sheng had no Immortal Gu in his possession, and the blue charm lightning shadow had thrashed him thoroughly. After a pitiful escape back to his blessed land, he finally managed to rid himself of the lightning shadow, but not without severe losses.

Furious and humiliated, Jian Yi Sheng tallied his losses, his rage intensifying. When he discovered that Fang Yuan was behind the incident, he sent the flying sword letter Gu, challenging him to a duel.

Present

"Hmph, he knows I'm a mortal, yet he still challenged me as a Gu Immortal. And he had the audacity to write his letter as if it were righteous, prattling on about fairness… What a shameless piece of trash. But from his letter, it's clear he believes I'm from Immortal Crane Sect," Fang Yuan mused with a mocking smile.

Fang Yuan smirked, amused. "My dear brother He Feng Yang is certainly doing his best for me."

ch.18: Fang Zheng New
Fang Yuan finally opened the lightning symbol paper crane Gu.

"He Feng Yang from Immortal Crane Sect is a smart person," Fang Yuan thought aloud. "If it were anyone else, he might have succeeded in his schemes."

He chuckled coldly. "He even wants me to join the Immortal Crane Sect? Bold, but predictable."

"I still need his sect's cover for now, so I'll play along for a while. Make a few transactions, give them some hope. But the real problem... is my blood brother, Fang Zheng."

Fang Yuan's gaze darkened as he pondered the dilemma. "I only have two choices when it comes to him. First, I could kill him outright," he considered. "But that could backfire... Fang Zheng isn't just a member of Immortal Crane Sect. He's a weapon crafted by the Heaven's Will itself, specifically against me."

He sighed and weighed the second option. "Or I could follow the original plot and refine the Blood Deity Immortal Gu. turning him into a 'Blood Deity.'"

The Blood Deity Immortal Gu was designed to transform blood relatives into loyal beings called Blood Deities, but the process severed previous connections. it's a powerful Gu but The blood relatives original thoughts and emotions would still influence the newly created Blood Deity.

"Even if there was no problem," Fang Yuan mused, "Then by the time I can refine the Blood Deity, I'll likely have mastered the method of creating clones. I won't need this Gu anymore. Besides, it's only a Rank 6 Gu—hardly worth the effort."

For a while, he fell into deep thought, his mind racing through possible outcomes and strategies.

Meanwhile, at Tian Ti Mountain...

The towering Tian Ti Mountain stood high above the clouds. At its foot, the elite disciples of Immortal Crane Sect had been waiting for hours, growing restless.

"How much longer are we supposed to wait?" one disciple grumbled.

"This Fang Yuan is really putting on airs, isn't he?"

"Quiet!" another hissed. "He's the brother of Gu Yue Fang Zheng, the owner of Hu Immortal Blessed Land!"

"I've heard that brother of Fang Zheng's is incredible. He defeated Feng Jin Huang, Xiao Qi Xing, Ying Sheng Ji, and others."

"So what?" another disciple sneered. "With a supreme elder helping him in secret, using the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu, even I could've won the blessed land."

"Our clan's elders are wise," another chimed in. "Using Fang Zheng as a decoy while Fang Yuan was the real trump card all along."

Their conversations did not escape Fang Zheng's ears. Standing at the front of the group, his gaze was fixed on the peak of Tian Ti Mountain, his expression dim.

In these recent days, Fang Zheng felt like a walking corpse, unable to shake off the weight of his failure.

After leaving Qing Mao Mountain, he had sworn revenge on his brother Fang Yuan, vowing to bring justice for their deceased clansmen. That burning hatred had been the force driving him to cultivate harder than anyone else, never allowing himself to slack for even a second.

Countless times, Fang Zheng had fantasized about the day he would face Fang Yuan, defeating him, making him kneel and repent for his crimes on Qing Mao Mountain. He had imagined the satisfaction of avenging his fallen clansmen.

Even on Dang Hun Mountain, despite moments of near-collapse, his hatred for Fang Yuan had kept him going. It had pushed him to continue climbing, no matter how grueling the journey.

He had wanted the Hu Immortal Inheritance—not just for his master or the clan's expectations, but because it would give him the strength to exact his revenge.

But fate had dealt him a cruel blow.

The day Fang Yuan appeared atop the mountain, seizing the inheritance in full view of the entire sect, even the Gu Immortals had been powerless to stop him.

Fang Zheng had failed, returning to the sect empty-handed.

Shock. Pain. Loss. Fear.

The truth hit him like a landslide, and it only worsened the shadow in his heart—a shadow that had been growing ever since his childhood.

"Why is my brother so smart? Why am I always so foolish?"

"Why is it that despite all my efforts, I still lost to Fang Yuan?"

"Is it true that I, Gu Yue Fang Zheng, am destined to live in his shadow forever, never surpassing him?"

His thoughts darkened, and a cold shudder ran through his body when he remembered the mission given to him by the sect.

The blessed land was now in Fang Yuan's control. To secure the Hu Immortal Blessed Land, the sect was negotiating with Fang Yuan, even offering him a position as an elder if he agreed to hand it over.

Within the sect, disciples were ranked from low to high: outer disciple, inner disciple, elite disciple, legacy disciple. Above them were sect elders, typically at Rank 4, and above them, the supreme elders—powerful Gu Immortals.

Since joining Immortal Crane Sect, Fang Zheng had worked tirelessly, climbing from outer disciple to elite disciple. He had emerged as the top disciple during the last examination. Yet now, with just a single word from Fang Yuan, his brother would become a sect elder, commanding respect from every disciple.

Every time Fang Zheng thought about it, a sharp pain pierced his heart.

If Fang Yuan truly became an elder, Fang Zheng would have to bow to him—his sworn enemy—every time they crossed paths. What kind of life would that be? How could he find any meaning in it?

Lord Sky Crane, watching from within Fang Zheng, felt a deep sadness for his disciple. He knew all too well the weight of the sect's decision.

He recalled the words of He Feng Yang:

"I know there's enmity between Fang Yuan and Fang Zheng. If necessary, we can sacrifice Fang Zheng to negotiate. You may represent him."

The elders had cast Fang Zheng aside without a second thought.

Back at the Blessed Land...

Fang Yuan sat deep in thought, recalling the scene where He Feng Yang had discarded Fang Zheng in the original timeline. He knew He Feng Yang would do the same this time.

"So the real question is... what will Heaven's Will do?"

The Hu Immortal Blessed Land was now placed on Tian Ti Mountain, the number one mountain in Central Continent, a sacred land known for inheritances and its connection to the Heavenly Court. No Gu Immortal dared to attack it recklessly—the Heavenly Court, or more precisely Star Constellation's Will, protected it as part of Heaven's Will.

Fang Yuan's eyes grew deep with thought, strategizing his next move.

Suddenly, he smiled, an excited gleam in his eyes.

"Land spirit," he called. "Go, open the blessed land slightly... and let the Gu Master who looks like me enter."

ch.19: To Kill or Not to Kill New

Tian Ti Mountain

At this time, a brilliant white-gold light flashed, and from within the radiance, a red door, 30 meters tall, emerged. A rainbow-colored plaque adorned it, and pink clouds gathered overhead as rainbow light bathed Fang Zheng's body. In an instant, he vanished from his spot.

Sending blue charm lightning shadow out of the blessed land was hard on little Hu .But to transfer one Fang Zheng, it was very easy.

"He's in!" He Feng Yang's heart finally relaxed.

Just as a bolt of lightning descended from the sky, intending to enter the blessed land, the red door shifted away in time.

The blue charm lightning shadow's intention of entering the blessed land was obvious.

Fang Zheng's surroundings blurred, and when his vision cleared, the landscape had entirely changed.

He now stood on a vast grassland, surrounded by endless greenery. Above, thick, dark clouds churned in the sky. Nearby, several lakes shimmered, their surfaces rippling gently.

"I've arrived... Hu Immortal Blessed Land," Fang Zheng murmured, quickly realizing his Gu worms were sealed, just as they had been during the competition.

Before him, a smoky shadow condensed into a mirror-sized shape. Fang Yuan's figure materialized within the reflection, casually sitting back in his chair. His right leg crossed over his left, one hand resting on his knee, and the other gently supporting his chin. His black hair hung loosely over his face, partly covering his cold, calculating eyes. His posture was relaxed, yet an undeniable sense of danger radiated from him.

"My dear little brother, what a surprise to see you here in Central Continent," Fang Yuan spoke in a calm, almost lazy tone.

The voice was familiar, yet Fang Zheng felt a chill run down his spine.

Overcome with fury, Fang Zheng's body trembled. "Fang Yuan, you're nothing but a monstrous demon! You murdered our entire clan! I will kill you with my own hands!" he roared, rushing toward the image in blind rage.

But before he could advance a single step, he was bound in place, unable to move.

"Coward!" Fang Zheng spat. "You don't even have the guts to face me properly? Hiding behind your tricks like the lowly creature you are! You slaughtered our entire clan just to save yourself! Are you even human anymore?!"

"Hehehe…" Fang Yuan chuckled darkly, leaning back further into his chair. "Oh, my dear brother, they were going to die regardless of what I did. Actually, You should be grateful—if I hadn't fought back, do you think you would've made it to Central Continent? In a twisted way, I saved your life. You owe me thanks."

Fang Zheng's chest was moving up and down, his breathing was heavy as he stared at Fang Yuan's image with hatred.

"Well, it's not you I'm interested in talking to," Fang Yuan sighed. "Little Hu, unseal the Spirit Incubating Flea Gu inside my brother."

The Spirit Incubating Flea was a soul path Gu, used as a life extension method. It allowed a Gu Master to store their soul within the Gu after death.

For Fang Zheng, this Gu housed the spirit of Lord Sky Crane, his master who had supported him all these years.

As the Gu unsealed, Lord Sky Crane materialized, looking startled. "How… how did you know?"

Fang Yuan smiled coldly but didn't respond. "Does it really matter now?"

Sky Crane composed himself, attempting to regain control of the situation. "You could become an elder in the sect—"

"Stop." Fang Yuan cut him off, his voice sharp. "I've already seen the letter from Immortal Crane Sect. Don't waste your breath on these empty promises of making me an elder. However, I am willing to negotiate some deals with you."

Sky Crane frowned but nodded. "We can negotiate. We want—"

"But there's a problem," Fang Yuan interrupted again. "I don't trust your sect's sincerity. Sending Fang Zheng, knowing the hatred he harbors for me, what are your true intentions?"

Sky Crane looked speechless , he didn't even complete a sentence. But still replied "Then what is it that you want?"

"I want my dear brother to stay here," Fang Yuan's voice was calm, but his eyes gleamed with malice. "And I want your sect to expel him. Get rid of him so he doesn't cause any further issues."

Fang Zheng's face paled as fear gripped him, memories of the past flashing before his eyes.

Sky Crane's face twisted in anger. "That's impossible! Fang Zheng is a disciple of Immortal Crane Sect. We don't abandon our own!"

Fang Yuan was looking playful " no need to say such a righteous words, speaking of which aren't you planning to take over the body of Fang Zheng after destroying his soul."

Fang Yuan's smile was playful yet sinister, the corners of his lips curling up in a way that sent a chill down Sky Crane's spine. "No need for such righteous words," Fang Yuan's voice was calm, but it carried an unmistakable edge. "After all, aren't you planning to take over his body after swallowing his soul?"

Fang Zheng flinched, his mind racing with disbelief. "I can't believe this demon's words! Master would never do such a thing!"

Sky Crane faltered, a hint of panic flashing in his eyes before he regained his composure. "If I had wanted to do that, I would have taken over his body long ago."

Fang Yuan nodded slightly. "True, you didn't. But that's only because his body was your second choice. You've always wanted mine—after all, with my Rank A aperture and the heritage of some Rank 5 Gu Masters, not to mention the Blood Sea Ancestor's inheritance, who wouldn't want it?"

Sky Crane's calm shattered, his face paling as his mouth hung open in shock. "How… how could you know all of this?!"

Fang Yuan's gaze turned colder as he watched Sky Crane's disbelief. "I know more than you can imagine"

Sky Crane's spirit flickered, betraying a hint of fear. He couldn't comprehend Fang Yuan—how could this demon know everything? From the start, it seemed Sky Crane was merely a puppet dancing in Fang Yuan's hands.

Fang Zheng, equally shocked, struggled to accept what he was hearing. He turned to his master, his eyes pleading for an explanation, desperately clinging to the hope that Fang Yuan's accusations were lies.

"I'll make this simple for you," Fang Yuan's voice cut through the silence, calm but carrying an unmistakable edge of threat. "Fang Zheng stays and I can strike a deal, or I'll seal the blessed land permanently. At worst, I'll use my Fixed Immortal Travel Gu to disappear to a safe place, all while making sure Immortal Crane Sect's dirty schemes spread far and wide."

At this moment, Sky Crane's heart was filled by fear of Fang Yuan and he recalled He Feng Yang's cold instructions: "I understand the enmity between Fang Yuan and Fang Zheng. If necessary, we can sacrifice Fang Zheng. You will negotiate on his behalf!"

Guilt washed over Sky Crane. He truly cared for this disciple, and the thought of taking over Fang Zheng's body had been fading in his mind. Yet now, trapped by Fang Yuan's words and bound by He Feng Yang's orders, he felt cornered. His hands were tied, and there was no way to save Fang Zheng from this situation.

Avoiding his disciple's gaze, Sky Crane spoke softly, his voice heavy with resignation. "We can make a deal."

Fang Yuan's lips curled into a chilling smile. "Good choice. That's exactly what I was hoping for." His tone was light, almost mocking. "The details are in the letter. Return and let He Feng Yang see for himself."

He turned his gaze slightly. "Little Hu, send this letter Gu and the Spirit Incubating Flea Gu to He Feng Yang, the Rank 6 Immortal Gu Master waiting outside."

Little Hu, took action and the next moment a faint glow enveloped her small, fox-like body as she guided the letter Gu and Spirit Incubating Flea Gu through the air. In mere moments, the Gu worms passed through the blessed land's boundary, vanishing into the void beyond.

Fang Yuan leaned back into his chair, watching with a sharp, calculating gaze. "It's done."

"Now, let's deal with my dear brother"

Stay tuned for the next chapters, where the stakes get higher, and the game Fang Yuan plays unfolds in ways no one could predict…

ch.20: The Feng Family New
Outside the blessed Land

He Feng Yang stood in anticipation, keenly observing the entrance for any signs of Fang Yuan's response or any opportunity to enter the blessed land if Fang Yuan showed even the slightest lapse in vigilance.

Suddenly, a small hole appeared, and two Gu worms shot out rapidly, heading directly toward He Feng Yang. Before he could react, the hole closed swiftly, leaving no trace of its presence.

He Feng Yang's eyes narrowed as he examined the Gu worms. His expression darkened with recognition. "Sky Crane?" he muttered, realizing that one of the Gu worms was the one containing his follower's soul.

He Feng Yang activated the communication function of the Gu worm and demanded sternly, "Sky Crane, explain what has happened there. What happened inside the blessed land?"

Central Continent, at Spirit Affinity House

Feng Jiu Ge sat with his wife, Fairy Bai Qing, and daughter, Feng Jin Huang, sipping tea. His usual composed expression softened into a smile as he spoke, "You've finally calmed down, Feng'er."

"Yes, Father," Feng Jin Huang replied, her voice steady and serene, as if the impulsive outbursts of before had never existed. "I've come to realize I was overthinking the situation too much."

Feng Jiu Ge nodded approvingly, a trace of pride in his eyes. "Good. And to settle things, I've sent Fang Yuan a challenge letter."

He paused for a moment, smiling slightly, as if savoring the words he was about to say next. "He's already replied."

Feng Jin Huang and Fairy Bai Qing both leaned forward, curious to hear the contents of Fang Yuan's reply. Feng Jin Huang, in particular, was already guessing that it might be an apology or perhaps even a surrender in response to the challenge.

But the next moment, Feng Jiu Ge's expression shifted abruptly. His face darkened as he read the letter, his eyes widening in disbelief. He remained speechless, staring at the Letter Green Bird Gu in his hands as if unsure how anyone could have written such words.

Seeing his reaction, both Feng Jin Huang and Fairy Bai Qing grew more curious. Fairy Bai Qing asked cautiously, "Husband, what was written in the letter?"

Feng Jiu Ge stayed silent for a moment, as if struggling to find the words, then handed the letter to his wife, deciding it was better for them to read it themselves.

Feng Jin Huang and Fairy Bai Qing read through the letter together, their expressions shifting from curiosity to disbelief:

"Feng Jiu Ge, I, Fang Yuan, have admired your name for a long time.

I have read your message, and I feel deeply wronged.

Firstly, the blessed land was won through fair and rightful means.

Secondly, regarding the situation with Miss Feng Jin Huang:

The person responsible for the situation is none other than Miss Feng Jin Huang herself.

She has been shamelessly staring at my body and my private belongings.

Sometimes, I feel I have no face left to meet anyone anymore after her actions.

I was a pure man, and no woman had ever behaved this way toward me before.

Though it may seem trivial to Miss Feng, it concerns my body, which I have always protected.

Therefore, I demand that Miss Feng Jin Huang take responsibility for her actions.

She must take responsibility for me, or I will have no will to live any longer."

The silence that followed was deafening. The Feng family sat in stunned disbelief, unable to process what they had just read.

Feng Jin Huang's face flushed bright red in utter outrage. "W-What?!" she stammered, her voice shaking. "That shameless demon! How could he… how could he twist things like this?"

Her indignation quickly turned to fury. Feng Jin Huang stood up abruptly, her hands clenched into fists. "Father! I won't let this go! I'll personally go to Fang Yuan and make him pay for this insult!"

Fairy Bai Qing, seeing her daughter's rage, gently tugged at Feng Jin Huang's sleeve, trying to calm her down. "Feng'er, don't let him provoke you like this. Can't you see? This is exactly what he wants. He's playing with your emotions." She gave a soft chuckle, her lips curving into a wry smile. "Perhaps… he's trying to marry into our family."

"What?!" Feng Jin Huang's eyes widened in shock. "Mother, no! I would never allow that! He's a vile demon! I'll kill him with my own hands before that ever happens!"

Fairy Bai Qing shook her head, maintaining her calm demeanor. "That's exactly what he's hoping for, Feng'er. He wants to draw you out. Be careful—this man is far more dangerous than he seems."

Feng Jiu Ge, who had remained silent throughout, finally raised his hand, signaling for quiet. His face was as composed as ever, but there was a dangerous glint in his eyes. "Enough, Feng'er. Fang Yuan is not someone to be taken lightly. You'll stay put until we've fully investigated him."

His voice grew colder as he continued, "But now I see his true nature. If he believes he can toy with us, he's sorely mistaken. It's only a pity that he's not yet an immortal. If he were, I would have gone to deal with him myself."

Fairy Bai Qing's eyes flickered with concern. "Husband, what do you plan to do?"

Feng Jiu Ge's lips curled into a slight smirk, his voice steady. "While I can't deal with Fang Yuan directly yet, I can certainly send a message to his sect's immortals. Like He Feng Yang… those who stand behind Fang Yuan. They think they can shelter him, but they'll learn the hard way not to mess with our family."

(Poor He Feng Yang)

Fairy Bai Qing nodded thoughtfully. "It's true. If Fang Yuan is under the Immortal Crane Sect's protection, then his actions reflect poorly on them. Making an example of their immortals would send a clear message."

Feng Jin Huang, still seething with anger, reluctantly sat down, though her resolve hadn't wavered. "Father, when the time comes… I want to deal with Fang Yuan myself"

(Poor Feng Jin Huang.)

Feng Jiu Ge gave her a reassuring look, his voice calm yet firm. "Don't worry, Feng'er. Fang Yuan isn't a problem."

He took a sip of tea, his expression unshaken. "No matter what heights he reaches in the future, I will easily crush him if the time comes."

(Poor Feng Jiu Ge.)

ch.21: Finalizing New

Hu Immortal Blessed Land

Fang Yuan sat in deep contemplation, his gaze distant as he thought about Fang Zheng.

Heaven's Will had always sought to destroy Spectral Soul Demon Venerable's grand plan, and Fang Yuan was the key. Despite being used as a pawn in this scheme, Fang Yuan, as an otherworldly demon, remained the ultimate variable. Heaven's Will, understanding this, had placed a counter for him—Fang Zheng. In essence, Fang Zheng had become Fang Yuan's nemesis, a pawn carefully Placed by Heaven's Will to oppose him.

In the future, Fang Zheng would create a powerful killer move with Heaven's Will's assistance, known as Blood-Kin Heart Revenge. The move, an intricate combination of Luck Path and Human Path, would unleash a thick cloud of blood that relentlessly tracked its target, even without a direct bloodline connection. Its sinister power would mark its target and continuously erode their luck, making the target vulnerable to further assaults from Heaven's Will.

"If I kill Fang Zheng now, Heaven's Will should assume I'm focused on raising my aperture's aptitude, and it would still use me as a tool against Spectral Soul Demon Venerable," Fang Yuan mused, calculating the long-term effects.

His mind sharpened, thoughts falling into place like pieces of a puzzle. "Yes, now it's clear. Let's do it."

A cold glint flashed across Fang Yuan's eyes, the decision made. Fang Zheng's death would only further Fang Yuan's goals in the grander scheme.

In a dark, damp cell, Fang Zheng lay on the cold ground, his body lifeless and his eyes devoid of light. He could barely remember how long he had been there. The sound of approaching footsteps broke the silence, and with effort, he lifted his head to see the figure responsible for his misery. Those cold, indifferent black eyes stared back at him.

"Fang Yuan," Fang Zheng spat, his voice weak yet clear with hate. "You... you're a beast. And that Sky Crane is no better. You're all monsters, deserving of nothing but death. Why is this happening to me? I'm the one with talent, I should be the victor, not you."

Fang Yuan remained expressionless, his gaze unmoved by his brother's outburst.

"This world... it's full of emotionless beasts like you," Fang Zheng seethed. "But mark my words, one day I'll have my revenge. One day, you'll all die."

For the first time, Fang Yuan spoke. His voice was calm, but there was a hint of something deeper—sad? "I thought I could kill you," he began, "but I can't. After all, you are my brother. I know I've done many wrong things, but I had no choice."

Fang Yuan unlocked the cell door, his face returning to that familiar mask of cold indifference. "Come with me."

Fang Zheng, though confused, slowly got up. His mind raced. I don't have to die? Good. Sooner or later, I'll have my revenge. Fang Yuan, Bai Ning Bing, Sky Crane, Immortal Crane Sect—none of you will be spared for what you've done to me.

Without a word, Fang Yuan led him out, their destination clear as they approached Dang Hun Mountain.

"What do you want to show me?" Fang Zheng asked, attempting to mask the hatred burning inside him.

Fang Yuan did not respond. He simply took out the Blood Skull Gu, his lips curling into a faint, cold smile.

"Fang Yuan... I knew it. You demon—" Before Fang Zheng could finish his words, Fang Yuan swiftly severed his head. His body crumpled to the ground as Fang Yuan calmly activated Blood Skull Gu, absorbing the blood without hesitation.

But it didn't stop there. Next, Fang Yuan extracted Fang Zheng's soul, placing it into Dang Hun Mountain to produce Guts Gu.

"Now, it's done. I've killed him, destroyed his soul, and now..." Fang Yuan's voice trailed off as he summoned a deep, dark fire. The flames engulfed Fang Zheng's fallen body, leaving nothing behind—not even ashes.

"Heaven's will won't be able to resurrect him this time. It has no counter against me now."

Fang Yuan turned, his expression devoid of any emotion. "Now, I can head to Northern Plains with ease. But before that... I need to finalize the deal with He Feng Yang."

Immortal Crane Sect

After knowing what happened in the blessed land, He Feng Yang had abandoned Fang Zheng already and carefully read the detailed content of the letter.

Fang Yuan had made his demands clear—Gu worms and materials in exchange for Rockmen.

Fang Yuan had solved the last issue in the blessed land—the northern flood—by using the same cruel tactics to command the Rockmen. He even used Guts Gu to create more Rockmen, which now gave him a continuous supply of gutstones. Fang Yuan was no longer selling the gutstones themselves but was trading the Rockmen he made.

"Not selling gutstones, but selling Rockmen instead?" He Feng Yang muttered, his expression grim as he processed the letter's details. The Rockmen Hu Immortal had brought into her blessed land were clearly still alive, but the sheer number Fang Yuan was now offering was staggering. "Just how many Guts Gu has he used to create them?"

The thought made He Feng Yang's heart ache.

As he continued to review Fang Yuan's requests, He Feng Yang's eyes widened in surprise. "Huh? He wants a lot of Gu worms from various paths?" Fang Yuan had listed many Rank 3 and Rank 4 Gu worms, along with countless Rank 1 and Rank 2 ones.

A smile crept onto He Feng Yang's face. "This Fang Yuan, a mere mortal, dares to ask for so much from different paths. Yet he didn't mention the Spring Egg Gu or Relic Gu. Just a rank 4 mortal trash, he doesn't know what's truly valuable. At least he knows his limits and didn't request any Rank 5 Gu."

He Feng Yang felt a wave of relief. "Well, the Hu Immortal Blessed Land will sooner or later belong to our Immortal Crane Sect. I'll throw in a few tips and three Spring Egg Gu. Maybe Fang Yuan will realize his inability and hand the blessed land over willingly. The Spring Egg Gu won't improve his power anyway and I don't want to take a damaged blessed land in the end."

With his mood significantly improved, He Feng Yang skimmed over the list again. Fang Yuan had requested an amount of Gu materials. Most of the materials were common, though a few precious Gu refinement ingredients stood out.

"Refining Gu?" He Feng Yang was amused. "Let him try. But why does he need star stones, dark stones, and these other uncommon materials?"

He pondered the situation for a moment. "Is he trying to confuse me with these requests, or is he refining rare Gu? Either way, I can't give him everything at once. I need to keep him anxious, probe his true intentions. For now, I'll only send him a single vat of ascension wine."

This particular wine was a top-quality brew made by the Immortal Crane Sect's Supreme Third Elder. Over a hundred years ago, He Feng Yang had aligned himself with the elder, and during a banquet, the Supreme Third Elder had gifted him three vats of ascension wine in a generous mood.

Though the wine was prized, He Feng Yang himself wasn't fond of drinking, so the vats had remained unused, and giving one to Fang Yuan was no loss to him.

Having made up his mind, He Feng Yang sat back, deep in thought.

"This Fang Yuan... there is too little information about him."

The mysteries surrounding Fang Yuan only grew. How had he obtained the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu? When had he refined the Divine Travel Immortal Gu? And most importantly, who was backing him? He Feng Yang didn't know the answers to these vital questions.

The five regions of the world—Central Continent, Southern Border, Northern Plains, Western Desert, and Eastern Sea—were vast and largely independent, separated by formidable barriers. Even Immortal Crane Sect had yet to fully grasp the entirety of Central Continent, let alone the other regions like Southern Border.

Yet, ever since Fang Yuan had taken Hu Immortal's inheritance, Immortal Crane Sect had already begun sending elders to Southern Border to investigate.

ch.22: Announcement New

"I'd like to share a few thoughts with you.

First, I know the story has closely followed the original plot up to this point, but if there was a perfect moment to follow the plot and had huge gains, it had to be now. I want to be realistic in this novel so in the beginning the plot doesn't change but big changes will be coming. (Ink effect and Rebirth effect).

Secondly, I've had many ideas brewing, especially about what could unfold in the Northern Plains. Even after Reverend Insanity ended, I continued to think deeply about the future and crafted several shocking plot twists. In fact, I've been dropping hints about these twists since the very first chapter."

Another point I want to address is regarding Chapters 11 to 14. I mentioned earlier that readers can skip directly to Chapter 15, as those chapters mainly contain information from the original story. Additionally, I published all five chapters in a single day, so it's easy to assume.

I also want to address something important. Due to some financial issues, I had to prioritize my Patreon. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience, but I won't be publishing new chapters on Webnovel for the next six days. During this time, I'll still be posting on Patreon, allowing it to have advanced chapters while helping me cover my bills. I appreciate your understanding and support for all this time.

It will be 10 advanced chapters.

Please note that chapters like 11 to 14 won't really be counted as new chapters, since they mostly contain original information. I also hope you'll take the time to check out my other works. They explore darker and more realistic themes, somewhat similar to Reverend Insanity. Of course, nothing can truly compare to RI—it's a masterpiece that can't be replicated.

Thank you to everyone who has read this until now and I truly appreciate every comment, review, power stones and even the likes. I remember your names, and it brings me joy to share this with you. To those who join my Patreon, you have my deepest thanks—your support allows me to keep writing this novel and work towards an ending for Reverend Insanity that can satisfy us all while we wait for the original to be unbanned.

Thank you

Link:

patreon.com/false_truth

ch.23: Preparing to Leave New
For those who are interested, there are already 6 advanced chapters on Patreon, and that will increase to 10 chapters in the next few days.

patreon.com/false_truth

Fang Yuan sat comfortably, glancing through He Feng Yang's reply. With just a brief scan, he grasped the content. The deal had been agreed upon, but He Feng Yang had also added a request for guts Gu, offering rare items such as Rank 5 Relic Gu in return.

"Hahaha," Fang Yuan chuckled softly. "If only he knew I'm already a Rank 5 peak-stage Gu Master and I probably have more Relic and Lifespan Gu than he could dream of. I really wonder how he would react."

Fang Yuan was in a good mood. His plans for the Northern Plains were about to begin. The transaction with Immortal Crane Sect was beneficial, and He Feng Yang had even given him Gu worms he hadn't asked for.

"I'll remember this generous contribution of yours, He Feng Yang."

At the end of the letter, He Feng Yang proposed a time for the exchange and requested Fang Yuan to use the Hole Earth Gu to facilitate the transportation of the Rockmen. Fang Yuan had planned to sell seventy thousand Rockmen, and since they couldn't leave the Blessed Land through ordinary means, the Hole Earth Gu, a large-scale transportation Gu, was the perfect solution.

Reading this, Fang Yuan activated his flying sword letter Gu and wrote back, expressing his concerns. "I am worried that your Hole Earth Gu may contain traps. I will refine it myself."

Half a day later, He Feng Yang received Fang Yuan's letter.

"What? He doesn't want to use my Hole Earth Gu?!" He Feng Yang was furious. But soon, he calmed himself, preparing to send a reply—keeping the deal intact was too valuable for him now.

Just as he began to write, a thunderous voice echoed outside his chamber.

"He Feng Yang, get out here!"

He Feng Yang was startled, recognizing the unmistakable authority in the voice. Puzzled, he left his chamber, only to be met by the sight of Feng Jiu Ge, the Immortal Crane Sect's most hated figure, towering above him with a gaze that radiated cold fury.

Feng Jiu Ge glared at He Feng Yang, his tone sharp as a blade. "You like protecting Fang Yuan, don't you? Then you should be happy to take a beating for him!"

Before He Feng Yang could even process what was happening, Feng Jiu Ge lunged forward. He had no time to speak, let alone defend himself, as the powerful Immortal unleashed his wrath.

Five days later, Fang Yuan finally received the materials he had requested from He Feng Yang, along with an unusually delayed reply. His brow furrowed in curiosity as he opened the letter.

To his amusement, the letter was filled with a tirade of insults. He Feng Yang had said every insult he can name —shameless, unscrupulous, devious, vile. The insults didn't stop there; they extended even to Fang Yuan's ancestors, damning them all with colorful curses. At the end of the letter, He Feng Yang had gone as far as to reduce the agreed-upon price, clearly venting his anger.

Fang Yuan read through it, smiling to himself, not the least bit concerned. "I got what I wanted anyway."

Unfazed by He Feng Yang's insults, Fang Yuan simply moved on to the next step of his plan.

"A.I. Chip, assist me in refining Hole Earth Gu."

[Beep. Mission established.]

AFTER Fang Yuan successfully refined the Hole Earth Gu and sent it back to He Feng Yang.

In the northern area of Hu Immortal Blessed Land, Fang Yuan inspected the surroundings before taking out the Hole Earth Gu. Being a special Rank 5 Gu, it required the power of a Rank 5 peak-stage Gu Master to activate it. Fang Yuan used his primeval essence, and the Gu burst forth with scarlet light, sinking into the ground.

In an instant, the earth trembled. A red beam shot into the sky, and a large crack, about 270 feet wide, appeared in the earth. The ground around the crack bulged, resembling lips with rows of stone teeth that slowly parted, revealing an eerie, yawning cave.

"Master, I'm hungry..." The giant, lip-like crack spoke, its voice shaking the ground.

Fang Yuan took out a Primeval Elder Gu. With a calm expression, he poured a massive amount of primeval stones into the opening—nearly two hundred thousand. Once satisfied, he returned the Primeval Elder Gu to his aperture.

The lip-like crack ground the stones into dust, swallowing them with a loud gulp that echoed through the mountains. After consuming the stones, it fell silent.

The Hole Earth Gu was now established, waiting for He Feng Yang's sub Gu to link the two locations.

Feeding this transportation Gu was costly. Fang Yuan would need to provide it with two hundred thousand primeval stones annually, with additional costs every time it was activated.

"Land spirit, guard this place carefully," Fang Yuan commanded Little Hu, his tone serious. "If any immortal methods are used to invade from here, cut this area off from the Blessed Land."

"Yes, master," Little Hu replied, worry creasing her face. She hated the idea of losing more of the Blessed Land.

"Now, let's proceed with our first trade."

At Fei He Mountain

Immortal Crane Sect's disciples stood beside the sub Gu of Hole Earth Gu, diligently counting the Rockmen emerging from the large lips-like crack.

"511, 512, 513...." the disciples murmured as they restrained each Rockman that come out, immobilizing them as soon as they touched the ground.

The transaction was a massive gain for Fang Yuan. In exchange for the seventy thousand Rockmen, he earned over one million primeval stones, along with a lot of Gu worms and materials.

"Now it's time to leave," Fang Yuan said, his voice calm but filled with purpose. "A.I. Chip, how is the progress of the killer move?"

[Scanning. It's 99%... 100%. The killer move is now complete.]

For months, Fang Yuan had been making meticulous preparations, his mind calculating every possibility for his venture into the Northern Plains. The A.I. Chip's simulations were a critical component of his plans, helping him creating the killer move that would be central to his success.

The core of this new killer move was none other than the Fixed Travel Immortal Gu, one of the most coveted treasures in the world of Gu Masters. With it, Fang Yuan could traverse great distances instantly—a tool that would allow him to strike, escape, and outmaneuver his enemies with ease.

it was an Immortal killer move.

Sitting in his quiet chamber, Fang Yuan's thoughts shifted to his current strength. His wealth had grown beyond what he once imagined, and now, as a Rank 5 peak Gu Master with 90% aptitude.

He had amassed a collection of Gu worms ranging from rank 1 to rank 4, each ready to be used in a variety of plans. The amount of materials he had collected was enough to sustain him through years of cultivation and experimentation.

"Northern Plains," he whispered, his voice barely audible but filled with steely determination. "I'm coming."

With the killer move complete and his plans in place, Fang Yuan's new journey was about to begin.

ch.24: Defying Heaven New

"Land spirit, during the days I'm gone, follow my instructions," Fang Yuan said in a low, steady voice.

Little Hu Immortal, her eyes brimming with reluctance, responded softly, "Master, I will be waiting for you here. Please return quickly."

Fang Yuan glanced around the blessed land one final time, his mind calculating the time left until the next calamity. "10 months until the next calamity strikes... with the fivefold time flow in the blessed land, that's only two months outside." He sighed, knowing the risk involved. "I hope it will go smoothly."

Turning his attention to his next step, Fang Yuan began preparing to use the killer move: Defying Heaven-Dark Travel.

This was no ordinary move. Defying Heaven-Dark Travel was a Rank 6 Immortal killer move, with the core being the powerful rank 6 Fixed Immortal Travel Gu. Its primary function? To transport the user to any location without emitting any trace—a priceless advantage when stealth and secrecy were required.

After activation, the move enveloped the Immortal Gu first in a dark, mud-like substance that sealed its aura completely. The black mud hardened into stone, encasing the Gu and preventing even the slightest ripple of immortal energy from leaking out. the Gu turning into a black stone sealing the immortal gu.

While the user would be surrounded by black light and then transferred away.

However, the move came at a huge price. Dark Travel required the sacrifice of Lifespan Gu worms each time it was activated.

Lifespan Gu were rare and precious, highly sought after by Gu Masters and Gu Immortals alike. Formed naturally in areas abundant with life, they were one-time use Heaven Path Gu that couldn't be refined. Their rarity made them even more valuable than most Immortal Gu, and many would trade almost anything to obtain them.

But this wasn't the only problem with Dark Travel. The move took time to prepare, and the immense pressure it would on Fang Yuan made it unsuitable for combat. Once activated, there was a three-second delay before the user could actually travel—an eternity in the heat of battle.

Yet, there was a significant benefit that made this move invaluable. Dark Travel could store enough green grape immortal essence beads for three uses, allowing Fang Yuan a mortal to activate the move multiple times before needing to recharge. However, each time the killer move was triggered, the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu would be unsealed, and its immortal aura would inevitably leak, alerting others to its presence.

Weighing the costs and benefits in his mind, Fang Yuan's expression was calm. This move was vital to his plans in the Northern Plains, where stealth would be his greatest ally.

"Success." Fang Yuan smiled, watching as a black light began to swirl around him. The dark, mud-like substance completely enveloped the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu, sealing it entirely.

Then, after three seconds, Fang Yuan vanished without a trace.

Northern Plains.

Under the dark night sky, the stars were sparse, and a cold wind blew across the vast land. The moon, bright and sharp, illuminated the crescent-shaped lake, casting its pale glow on the water. The lake itself was massive, spanning 7,500 kilometers in length and 2,500 kilometers in width. The ends of the lake curved into sharp points, while the middle was wide, mimicking the shape of a crescent moon.

Fang Yuan quickly surveyed his surroundings. "I should have arrived at Crescent Lake," he murmured to himself.

"The 500 years memories are so useful."

Crescent Lake, while filled with danger, had specific zones where one could land safely. Fortunately, this was one.

Around the lake lurked many fierce creatures—a large pack of Water Wolves, a herd of Three-Horned Rhinos, a thousand-strong group of Mutated Beasts, and a swarm of gu worms that numbered in the hundreds of thousands. Each of these beasts and wild gu worms had staked out territories around the lake, and as long as their domains weren't invaded, they would not attack.

"The original Fang Yuan avoided this place because of the immortal aura that would leak from the Fixed Immortal Travel Gu. But thanks to the new killer move created by the A.I. Chip, I can travel without detection," Fang Yuan thought, pleased with his progress. The fact that his clothes remained intact after the travel also made his mood better.

"I'm in the eastern side now," he mused, scanning his surroundings cautiously. "According to the memories, I should head this way... but first..." Fang Yuan's gaze shifted to the dark stone in his hand. Within this stone was the sealed Fixed Immortal Travel Gu.

Carefully, he put the stone inside his robe. Even though the Immortal Gu was sealed, it couldn't be placed inside a mortal's aperture. Even in its sealed state, was not something he could take lightly. Carrying it physically was the only option, though it made him cautious of what could be encountered.

Fang Yuan began walking along the lakeside, moving toward a stone forest at the far east of Crescent Lake. This forest, like many others around the lake, was composed of stone pillars. Some were grey, others purplish-black, and some were greenish-yellow. Each stood at an exact distance from the other, creating a strange, orderly formation.

However, this particular stone forest was special. From above, the grey-white pillars formed a shape—a vague but unmistakable 'thief' symbol. This stone forest wasn't natural; it was created by Thieving Heaven Demon Venerable himself.

"Thieving Heaven Demon Venerable was the first to invest in me, but even now, his reason remains unknown," Fang Yuan muttered, staring at the thief sign, thinking of the person who was the only otherworldly venerable.

He then moved through the stone forest, his eyes scanning the pillars with purpose.

Suddenly, his gaze fixed on a purple stone pillar. His eyes brightened, and he stepped toward it.

Drawing a dagger, Fang Yuan sliced his palm, letting his fresh blood drip onto the purple pillar. As he smeared the blood over its surface, he uttered the words, "I want."

This was the first step in activating the mysterious Gu worm that Thieving Heaven Demon Venerable had hidden here. Blood was the first requirement, but the second requirement was even simpler—one had to express desire, hence the words, "I want."

The moment Fang Yuan spoke, his body vanished. In an instant, his surroundings changed, and when he regained his senses, he found himself inside a room.

The room was filled with the scent of an alchemy furnace. It was richly decorated with dragon pillars, golden curtains, crane lanterns, and vermillion windows. In the center stood an old man, his appearance sagely. He was thin with white hair, a beard that reached his chest, and a face ruddy like a baby's. He wore a wide robe with sleeves that fluttered in the air, and his expression was one of surprise at Fang Yuan's sudden appearance.

"This should be Lang Ya Land Spirit in the form of 1st obsession." Fang Yuan thought as he observed the old man for a moment.

He then spoke confidently, "Thieving Heaven Demon Venerable's inheritor has come to pay respects."

The land spirit stared at him for a while, its gaze analyzing him closely. After a tense silence, the old man finally asked, "What is the secret code?"

Fang Yuan, with a playful smirk, replied, "The secret code you created with the Demon Venerable back then? Hmm… there is no secret code."

The land spirit's expression twisted into a sinister grin. "Hehe, you dare to tease me? Then I shall kill you here and now!"

Fang Yuan, however, remained calm and composed. "No, you cannot harm me," he said, full of confidence. "I am the Demon Venerable's inheritor. You cannot touch me before the agreement of the three Gu is completed."

After some time...

Lang Ya land spirit sat at the edge of the bed, his previous imposing presence now completely gone. He brewed tea for Fang Yuan with a smile, his hands trembling slightly with excitement.

"So, you really are Thieving Heaven's inheritor. How incredible!" His voice, once grand and authoritative, now carried a tone of admiration.

"Handsome young lad, is the tea not to your liking? Do you want more?" The land spirit beamed, trying to please him.

This is the legendary Lang Ya land spirit?

The powerful, mysterious image of the land spirit had shattered completely in just a few moments.

(Why would the mighty Lang Ya land spirit act like this?)

___Advanced chapters: patreon.com/false_truth

ch.25: Lang Ya Land Spirit New

Flashback - 5 Minutes Earlier

The land spirit stared at Fang Yuan for a while, its gaze analyzing him closely. After a tense silence, the old man finally asked, "What is the secret code?"

Fang Yuan, with a playful smirk, replied, "The secret code you created with the Demon Venerable back then? Hmm… there is no secret code."

The land spirit's expression twisted into a sinister grin. "Hehe, you dare to tease me? Then I shall kill you here and now!"

Fang Yuan, however, remained calm and composed. "No, you cannot harm me," he said with confidence. "I am the Demon Venerable's inheritor. You cannot touch me before the agreement of the three Gu is completed."

Fang Yuan then smiled. "Now, take a look at this." He showed the land spirit some Gu recipes he had carefully prepared over the last five months. Of course, it was only an introduction—just a tiny part of the real recipes.

The land spirit looked at them closely and was first shocked, then excited, though a hesitant expression lingered on his face.

"How do you want to exchange these recipes?" the land spirit asked, trying to hide his eagerness. "I will trade a similar grade Gu worm for it, or you can choose a comparable Gu recipe."

Fang Yuan shrugged. "Who said I wanted to exchange them? I just wanted to see how knowledgeable the spirit of Long Hair Ancestor really is." Fang Yuan's eyes glinted with playfulness. "It seems he's not as impressive as I thought. You don't even know about such simple Gu."

"You!" The land spirit's beard bristled with rage, his eyes widening, as if flames were about to shoot from them. He looked ready to kill Fang Yuan on the spot.

But Fang Yuan remained unfazed.

After a long stare, the land spirit suddenly deflated, like a balloon leaking air. He scowled miserably, climbed off the bed of clouds, and walked toward Fang Yuan, softly pleading as he pulled on his sleeves. "Young lad, please, be kind. Just exchange the recipe with me, won't you?"

Fang Yuan was speechless, thinking, "Even though I knew this would happen, seeing it in person is something else. The mighty land spirit, reduced to this... no shame at all."

"Handsome young lad, is the tea not to your liking? Are you not happy? For the sake of this tea, please exchange those recipes with me." The land spirit put on a forced smile, desperately trying to win Fang Yuan over.

Fang Yuan silently drank his tea.

If it were anyone else, the land spirit would have extorted or threatened them by now. But Fang Yuan was the inheritor of a Demon Venerable. The land spirit couldn't use force, so he could only resort to begging, shamelessly.

"Young lad, have mercy on this old man! I live here all alone, so lonely, so bored, so hungry, so thirsty. My only joy is looking at these Gu recipes to pass the time. Would you be so heartless as to reject such a pitiful request?"

The land spirit had the appearance of a kindly old grandpa, with white hair, beard, and eyebrows, and he stared at Fang Yuan with a pleading gaze.

"I'm afraid I've got something sad to tell you, but you're not a human, you're a land spirit," Fang Yuan replied, his eyes twitching in annoyance. Even knowing this would happen, experiencing it is something else entirely, he thought.

"You can say whatever you like, but as long as you give me the recipe, you can do anything you want with me!" The 'grandpa' winked shamelessly at Fang Yuan.

At that moment, Fang Yuan wished he were a Venerable, just so he could beat this damn land spirit.

The land spirit's body trembled, and he began to sob, rolling around on the floor like a child. "I want to exchange! I want that recipe and this one too! Young lad, you are too cruel, too heartless. Why won't you just give me these recipes? Will it kill you to do a good deed? Please, just exchange with me!"

"Young lad, what's wrong with your conscience? You are too cruel! As expected of the inheritor of a Demon Venerable..." The land spirit was mourning loudly.

Fang Yuan sighed, calming himself down. This thing is just a creep land spirit, he reminded himself.

"Alright, I'll trade with you," Fang Yuan finally said, feigning reluctance. "But remember, I'm doing you a favor."

He acted as if he had suffered a great loss just by agreeing. "Sigh… Bring me a brush and paper."

With the memories spanning 500 years into the future he had, Fang Yuan possessed a vast collection of Gu recipes—some ahead of their time by an entire era. Of course, the land spirit had never seen them.

Fang Yuan wrote down two recipes and handed them over. The land spirit, standing nearby, scratched his ears in anticipation, his eyes shining with excitement. He confirmed that the recipes were entirely new to him, having never seen them before.

"I want Connecting Heaven Gu and Divine Sense Gu in exchange for these two recipes."

"Here, here." The land spirit waved his hand, and two Gu worms materialized on the table.

After receiving them, Fang Yuan refined the Gu and placed them into his aperture.

"Continue! I want the other recipes, especially this Stargate Gu," the land spirit said eagerly.

"Stargate Gu, huh?" Fang Yuan mused. "It's interesting. It allows one to cross the five regions by tapping into Black Heaven's power. It's a rare Gu worm, could be compared to Hole Earth Gu and Connecting Heaven Gu.

"Did you create these recipes?" the land spirit asked in awe.

"Of course!" Fang Yuan replied confidently. "I created many Gu and completed countless half-finished recipes, even immortal ones."

"Little friend, you have a remarkable talent for refinement path. I'm truly amazed!" The land spirit, now calling him 'little friend' instead of 'young lad', was clearly impressed.

"For Stargate Gu, I'll only trade it for Small Family Qi Gu and Human Qi Increase Gu," Fang Yuan said in a calm, measured tone.

"What?!" The land spirit was furious. "Those are ancient Qi path Gu that are nearly extinct! You want both for just one recipe?"

"I'm not forcing you to exchange," Fang Yuan said with a shrug. "But you know how useful Stargate Gu is, and besides, I've already done you a favor by exchanging with you in the first place."

The land spirit hesitated for a moment, then sighed. "Alright, to repay your favor, I'll trade them."

(Author's Thought: A pair of black and white foxes who are masters of deception, capable of pretending exceptionally well.)

Two Gu worms appeared in the land spirit's hands, and Fang Yuan swiftly took them. In return, he handed over the Stargate Gu recipe he had written.

Fang Yuan was pleased. These two Gu were crucial for his plans.

Small Family Qi Gu allowed a Gu Master to absorb heaven and earth qi, indirectly controlling them to reduce the force of heavenly tribulation and earthly calamity. Human Qi Increase Gu, on the other hand, would boost human qi but at the cost of significantly intensifying tribulations.

After some time, the land spirit asked again, "What do you want for the other recipes?"

Fang Yuan remained silent, deep in thought, before finally replying, "Let's leave them for now."

"I want you to refine my first Immortal Gu."

(What Gu do you think he want?)

Advanced chapters:

patreon.com/false_truth

ch.26: Second Immortal Gu New

"Little friend, you are Thieving Heaven Demon Venerable's inheritor. You have three opportunities to ask me to refine Gu. However, whether it succeeds or fails, refining an Immortal Gu will count as one chance. If you request mortal Gu, I can guarantee success and will refine it for you without fail," the land spirit proposed earnestly. "I suggest you start with mortal Gu so you don't waste your three chances."

Fang Yuan smiled calmly. "I've already made up my mind. I want to refine an Immortal Gu."

The Lang Ya Land Spirit looked disappointed but responded, "Alright, which Immortal Gu do you want to refine?"

"Second Aperture Gu," Fang Yuan declared.

Second Aperture Gu was a Heaven Path gu which allowed gu masters to cultivate two apertures at the same time.

Hearing this, the land spirit smiled. "I don't have the main refinement material for that Gu. And do you even have the recipe?"

Fang Yuan's expression turned slightly anxious. "I do have the recipe for this Immortal Gu, but the agreement states that the materials are your responsibility, correct?"

The land spirit's smile widened. "Yes, you're right. I'll search for Divine Travel Gu in Treasure Yellow Heaven until I can purchase it. But you know how hard it is to acquire an Immortal Gu," he said, offering another suggestion. "How about refining a mortal Gu for now?"

Fang Yuan suddenly grinned. "Oh, how convenient. I know exactly where the Divine Travel Gu is. Hahaha!"

The land spirit's face froze in shock. "W-What? You know where it is?"

Fang Yuan nodded. "Yes, just give me a few days. I need to prepare and go exchange for it. But remember, Land Spirit, the cost of the material is on you, right?"

The land spirit was stunned by how fast things were moving. "Y-Yes, that was part of the agreement."

Fang Yuan's grin grew even wider. "Then please arrange a room for me. I'll be staying here for a few days to prepare a few things."

Still in shock, the land spirit sent Fang Yuan to a room, but his mind remained numb from the unexpected turn of events.

After some time, the Lang Ya Land Spirit realized he had been tricked and became furious. "He has the recipe, so he must have known the main material from the start. As expected from a Demon Venerable's inheritor!"

At the room provided by the Lang Ya Land Spirit, Fang Yuan sat calmly, organizing his thoughts and refining his plans with the help of the A.I. Chip.

"Everything went smoothly," Fang Yuan thought, his expression calm. "From the killer move to dealing with the land spirit."

He paused for a moment, a glint of calculation in his eyes. "my big plan is progressing well. Now, it's time for the next step: refining some Gu."

Without delay, Fang Yuan took out his materials and the various Gu worms he had prepared. With the huge knowledge already stored in his mind and the assistance of the A.I. Chip, he began refining immediately.

Meanwhile, Lang Ya Land Spirit couldn't help but spy on Fang Yuan, observing the process closely. As the land spirit watched, his eyes widened in disbelief.

"How can he be this good? This... this is a mortal? He's refining these Gu so easily!"

The land spirit's shock deepened with each passing moment. "He even stops just before something goes wrong, as if he can foresee the future! Is this... is this how a mere mortal can refine Gu?"

What Lang Ya Land Spirit didn't realize was that Fang Yuan's ability to avoid mistakes came from the A.I. Chip's continuous simulations and analysis. The simulations allowed Fang Yuan to navigate the refinement process with almost unnatural precision, making it seem as if he could indeed predict the future.

Five days passed.

Fang Yuan had already refined a large number of Gu from various paths—sword path, thunder path, fire path, and even dark path. Throughout this time, the land spirit continued watching, utterly shocked at how smooth Fang Yuan's refinements were.

"This level of accuracy... not a single accident... how is this possible? Even I can't achieve this level of control!" the land spirit muttered to himself. "And it's not luck either... it's him. It's Fang Yuan!"

After another four days, Fang Yuan finished his refinements. He looked at the newly refined Gu in front of him with satisfaction.

"I've prepared enough now. Time to get some rest and then go meet with Lang Ya Land Spirit."

With that, Fang Yuan calmly packed away his materials, his mind already calculating his next move.

The next day, Fang Yuan approached Lang Ya Land Spirit with a calm expression. "I'm ready, Land Spirit."

"Oh, little friend, you're going to retrieve the Immortal Gu already?" Lang Ya Land Spirit's tone was unusually friendly.

This was precisely why Fang Yuan had chosen to refine Gu under Lang Ya Land Spirit's watchful eyes. His goal wasn't just to demonstrate his exceptional ability in refining but, more importantly, his mastery of wisdom path, which gave the illusion that he could predict the future and make flawless calculations. This subtle display of power was aimed at earning the land spirit's trust, especially when it came to the semi-immortal recipes in his possession.

Of course, the wealth Fang Yuan would gain from this was substantial. But his true objective was securing a specific semi-immortal recipe that would play a critical role in his larger plan.

"No need to go anywhere," Fang Yuan said, shaking his head lightly. "We can begin the refinement right here."

Lang Ya Land Spirit looked confused, about to speak, when Fang Yuan retrieved a Rank 5 Gu from his aperture—Moving Perspective Cup Gu.

Moving Perspective Cup Gu was a unique storage-type Gu. It allowed for the storage and transportation of "things" across the Space Cave, using its body to swap items between itself and its counterpart. Distance didn't matter between the two cups. By harnessing the mystical forbidden passage of the Space Cave, it bypassed the Regional Walls of the five regions, making it incredibly valuable for Fang Yuan's purposes.

With a simple command, Fang Yuan activated the Gu and sent out a Letter Gu. Moments later, the Divine Travel Immortal Gu, along with another Letter Gu, was transmitted back to him.

Fang Yuan opened the letter, reading the report from Little Hu about how she missed him in the 34 hours since his absence. Smiling slightly, he remembered the difference in time flow—Lang Ya Blessed Land flowed 36 times faster than normal, while Hu Blessed Land had a time flow five times faster than normal.

To Fang Yuan, the 10 days he had spent refining Gu here had only translated to more than 6 hours outside and a little over 34 hours in Hu Blessed Land.

Satisfied that everything was in order with Hu Blessed Land, Fang Yuan turned to Lang Ya Land Spirit and said, "We can begin refining Second Aperture Gu now, right?"

The land spirit, still somewhat bewildered by how quickly everything was progressing, nodded. "Ah, yes."

Fang Yuan's smile grew wider. "Then let's begin."

(I spent hours trying to calculate everything up there before deleting what I couldn't, and being an engineering student, a master of the math path. I thought it would be easy for me But reality slapped me hard, my attainment seems to be below ordinary)

(Note: If this novel stopped It means I killed myself due to my failure to walk this path again)

support me and read
_Advanced chapters at: patreon.com/false_truth

ch.27: Never Enough Benefits New

Lang Ya Land Spirit's gaze lingered on the Moving Perspective Cup Gu in Fang Yuan's hand. "You even know about this Gu…"

Fang Yuan smirked. "After all, I am Thieving Heaven Demon Venerable's inheritor."

Lang Ya Land Spirit nodded, acknowledging the truth. "It must have come from his inheritance."

Without wasting time, Fang Yuan sent Connecting Heaven Gu and Divine Sense Gu with the Moving Perspective Cup Gu and an instruction letter, to Little Hu's land spirit. Once done, he examined the damaged Moving Perspective Cup Gu—it was only a Rank 5 mortal Gu, and using a Rank 6 Divine Travel Immortal Gu had placed too much strain on it.

Over the past few days, Fang Yuan had spent his time re-refining the Moving Perspective Cup Gu. Though it had returned to Rank 5, it was still only a mortal Gu. Fang Yuan knew that, like all mortal Gu, it had its limits.

After sending out a few mortal Gu, the Moving Perspective Cup Gu had finally reached its breaking point. With its energy exhausted, the Gu's fragile form began to crack. Fang Yuan inspected it one last time, understanding that it was now beyond repair.

"It's destroyed," Fang Yuan thought calmly. There was no hint of frustration in his expression. "I won't need it anymore anyway"

"I want to oversee the Gu refinement personally," Fang Yuan said, looking at the land spirit exuding confidence. "I'll give you warnings if anything goes wrong to ensure the success of refining Second Aperture Gu."

"What?!" Lang Ya Land Spirit's fury was palpable. His eyes flared with indignation as he glared at Fang Yuan. "You, giving me pointers in Gu refinement? Do you even know who I am? Hmph!"

Fang Yuan only smiled calmly. "Didn't you witness my skills during the earlier refinements? My abilities speak for themselves. Besides, the agreement clearly states that I'm allowed to observe the entire refinement process."

Lang Ya Land Spirit begrudgingly remembered the long-standing deal made with Thieving Heaven Demon Venerable. Long Hair Ancestor had once failed to refine an important Immortal Gu, Escape space Gu for the Demon Venerable, and in return for the failure, had agreed to refine nine Gu worms, be they mortal or immortal, at no cost. Thieving Heaven Demon Venerable had used six of those chances already, and the remaining three were sealed in his inheritance for a fated person to claim.

Finally, after a long pause, Lang Ya Land Spirit grumbled, "Very well, that was part of the agreement. And I can't deny your wisdom path attainment is indeed quite high for a mortal."

With a wave of his hand, Lang Ya Land Spirit teleported them to an enormous hall.

The room was vast, at least 5 Km in diameter, filled with various Gu refinement tools: green copper cauldrons, red steel furnaces, rainbow water tanks, and even cave houses.

"This is my Earth-grade Room C, the Gu refinement hall," Lang Ya Land Spirit introduced.

With another wave, thousands of hairy men appeared, all teleported in with stunned expressions. However, upon seeing Lang Ya Land Spirit, they immediately knelt, shouting, "The hairy men greet Lang Ya Old Immortal!"

The land spirit's face softened with affection. "Children, you may rise."

He handed out the materials for the Gu refinement. "Today, we're refining an Immortal Gu. Use the recipe I provided."

The hairy men were experts at Gu refinement, and despite their initial excitement, they quickly regained their composure and diligently started the process. They handed over their half-finished products to the elder hairy men for inspection, refining and improving as needed.

Lang Ya Land Spirit, satisfied after multiple trials, finally created the half-done version of Second Aperture Gu. It was of far higher quality than the false Second Aperture Gu Fang Yuan already had.

At this moment, Lang Ya Land Spirit glanced at Fang Yuan.

Fang Yuan grinned. "You owe me a Rank 6 Immortal Gu."

Lang Ya Land Spirit frowned. "No, Divine Travel Gu has issues and isn't worth that much."

Fang Yuan smirked. "The agreement says you must bear the cost. But how about this: for now, you owe me the price of Divine Travel Gu."

With a resigned expression, Lang Ya Land Spirit agreed. "…Fine."

Muttering curses under his breath, Lang Ya Land Spirit teleported over more Gu worms and rare materials, precious items meant to increase the success rate of Gu refinement.

"A.I. Chip, simulate and alert me if anything goes wrong," Fang Yuan mentally commanded, as he activated Clear Mind Gu, restoring clarity and sharpness to his thoughts.

He took out four top-quality wines he had prepared earlier and began drinking them as the refinement process began. Divine Travel Gu transformed into flowing light, mixing with the other materials. The light expanded and contracted rhythmically, the entire process gradually reaching a critical juncture.

Fang Yuan observed closely, taking another gulp of wine. "The Immortal Gu hasn't disappeared yet… I'll continue."

After some time, the lump of light shrank and stabilized, forming the Second Aperture Gu.

As the moment of success arrived, Fang Yuan's body suddenly shook. Inside him, refinement began on its own. Dao marks formed, and in an instant, another Gu emerged—Divine Travel Gu!

Fang Yuan stood up, completely sober, laughing heartily.

Lang Ya Land Spirit glared at him with gritted teeth. "You humans are all devious and scheming! I should've known, especially with you being a wisdom path master."

"Kid, I'll remember this!" Lang Ya Land Spirit growled as he handed the Second Aperture Gu to Fang Yuan.

Fang Yuan paid no mind to the land spirit's anger. He simply admired the two Immortal Gu in his possession: Second Aperture Gu and Divine Travel Gu.

He smiled coldly, eyes gleaming with ambition. "But these benefits still aren't enough."

Lang Ya Land Spirit squirmed under Fang Yuan's gaze as he stared at him warmly, plotting his next move.

Lang Ya Land Spirit felt uneasy under Fang Yuan's intense gaze. "You already have the Immortal Gu, why not leave now if you don't want to use your other two chances?" The land spirit was eager to see him go.

But Fang Yuan merely smiled and pulled out Divine Travel Gu, waving it teasingly in front of Lang Ya Land Spirit. "You don't want this Immortal Gu?"

Lang Ya Land Spirit's eyebrows shot up. "What, are you planning to sell it?"

Fang Yuan smirked, still holding the Divine Travel Gu. "Of course. But I also have something else." He revealed a semi-finished Second Aperture Gu that he had personally refined.

The land spirit's eyes widened with a mixture of joy and greed. With both the Divine Travel Gu and this semi-finished product, he could complete the rare Second Aperture Gu. The temptation was hard to resist.

"What do you want for them?" The land spirit asked, trying to hide his eagerness.

Fang Yuan's smile grew wider. "Just like before, you'll owe me the price of this Divine Travel Gu. And if you have anything of little value to you but great value to me, you'll sell it to me at a friendly price."

The land spirit relaxed, his posture becoming haughty. "Fine, we'll do it like that. And what about the semi-finished Second Aperture Gu?"

"I've poured all my mental and physical effort into creating this," Fang Yuan replied with a faux look of heartbreak. "I'll sell it to you cheap, just because we're such good friends."

The land spirit's expression twisted, but he couldn't resist asking: "And what do you want in return?"

"I want all the Gu recipes you have for a certain path," Fang Yuan said, his voice calm but his eyes gleaming with ambition. "And in exchange, I'll give you the recipes I showed you when I first came here."

Lang Ya land spirit smiled, "Hehe, do you think you can deceive me again? I won't give you any immortal recipes or my refinement path recipes."

Fang Yuan replied, "No need to worry, I want your recipes for the Path of___"

The land spirit hesitated. "Even though that seems like a high price for them…"

"Lang Ya Land Spirit, you're expanding your collection, and this Second Aperture Gu has already saved you plenty of resources," Fang Yuan smoothly reasoned.

After a moment, the land spirit sighed and handed over a massive set of Gu recipes. "Fine. These are the recipes from rank one to rank five for the path you wanted."

Fang Yuan beamed. "Such an important transaction!"

"Now get out," the land spirit grumbled, impatient to be rid of him.

But Fang Yuan's smile remained. "No hurry. I still have one more transaction I think you'll be very interested in."

"Oh?" The land spirit's curiosity was piqued. "And what might that be?"

Fang Yuan's voice lowered conspiratorially. "Information. Specifically, the time when I will use the Second Aperture Gu."

The land spirit's face twisted with anger. "You're despicable! Have you no shame?!"

Fang Yuan laughed heartily. "Do you want it or not?"

The land spirit glared. "How do you want to sell it?"

Fang Yuan's eyes gleamed with sharpness. "An exchange of information. I want to know everything about the Eighty-Eight True Yang Building in the Imperial Court blessed land."

The land spirit's expression shifted from shock to suspicion. "How do you know about that?!"

Fang Yuan's smile widened. "I've deduced many things about Giant Sun Immortal Venerable."

The land spirit couldn't help but sigh. "You've deduced this much already... Fine, let's exchange."

He summoned a rank four East Window Gu, a ladybug-like Gu with a square-shaped carapace designed to store information. "This is the information you asked for. Now it's your turn."

Fang Yuan grinned. "I'll send you the news before I use the Second Aperture Gu."

The land spirit's eyes narrowed. "How do I know you won't delay or cheat me again? I can destroy this East Window Gu with just a thought."

Fang Yuan feigned frustration. "You don't trust me?"

"Of course not!" The land spirit sneered. "You're the inheritor of Demon Venerable, after all. You're crafty and a master schemer. If you leave here, how could I chase you down if you extort me again?"

"Then what do you propose?" Fang Yuan asked impatiently.

"Simple. Use the Second Aperture Gu here and now. Then I'll be at ease," the land spirit said smugly.

Fang Yuan made a show of reluctance. "But I'm only a rank five Gu Master. I don't have immortal essence to use it…"

"Hand it over. I'll activate it for you!"

Seeing no way out, Fang Yuan sadly handed the Gu over. The land spirit infused it with immortal essence and tossed it back to him.

The Second Aperture Gu transformed into a bean-sized green light and burrowed into Fang Yuan's body. His whole body shook violently as the green light moved toward his navel before being rejected. It hopped to the center of his chest and exploded, forming a new aperture that appeared both real and ethereal.

Fang Yuan smiled. "Second aperture, complete. I'll take my leave now."

Only after Fang Yuan had left did the land spirit exhale in relief. "That brat... I have to be more careful with him in the future. Fortunately, I was cautious today and made him use second aperture Gu on the spot, otherwise I might have been blackmailed by him again!"

The land spirit stroked his beard and chuckled. "Wait… something doesn't feel right…"

He froze, realization dawning on him. "I wasted my immortal essence to activate that Gu!"

"Damn that schemer!"

(What path do you think Fang Yuan will focus on?)

Advanced chapters:

patreon.com/false_truth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back