• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Naturally this Jaune is a much better shot than he is a swordsman. He had to be. Hands on cattle drives and Militia troops have to be good shots, as most don't have Aura unlocked and have to keep Grimm far away. Jaune does have his Aura unlocked, so he's a lot tougher, stronger, and has more endurance. But he still fights like a shooter first. So his sword skills are still subpar.

Ruby's gonna want at that tall glass of ice tea...

Not just Ruby

dgsnupgf48qa1.jpg

Idea for Cowboy Jaune mechashift weapon... A guitar case with machine gun, grenade launcher and holsters for his 6 Shooters.

So, what has Cowboy Jaune seen? How rough did his cattle drives get?

Did he have to kill or be killed?

Just how good a shot is he?

How is he with rope?

Its not a cattle drive without a stampede.

Jaune shot Raven in the ass, ala Blazing Saddles. :V

Jaune and Ruby could have a shooting competition.

Blake - "So.... you're really good with rope...."

One thing I want to be explored in more RWBY fanfics is the whole "20-or-more years spent completely alone with no human contact" thing that happened to Jaune in the Ever After.

There've been studies done in the damage that can do. Solitary confinement, where everything is the same and nothing changes and you have zero human contact... That causes irreparable brain damage after only three days and Jaune did it anywhere from 20~40 fucking YEARS!!!

He should be completely broken at that point. I doubt he'd even remember his own name, or what his friends the people he's been waiting for, even looked like or what they're names were.

The Rusted Knight shouldn't even be able to pretend to be human anymore. I could see him messing up with social interactions constantly. Being incredibly weird, like staring at people's foreheads instead of looking them in the eye, or losing the ability to use or recognize body language. Stuff lile that.

Ever since I did that shitty Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel thing, I've been thinking...

It works. Jaune and Tyrian, I mean. Not anything else.

I mean, take everything about Jaune Arc. All of his losses, his anger, his zero victories in battles that matter... and the sheer self-hatred that Jaune had even back in Beacon, during the early volumes.

It's very obvious that canon Jaune Arc has Survivor's Guilt and Imposter Syndrome. He sees no value in his own life. While he does overcome some if it during his travels, his long tenure in the Ever After seems like it'd bring it all back and even worsen it.

I think, when Tyrian called Jaune "interesting", he saw himself in Jaune. An empty person. Tyrian exists only to please his goddess, his queen, his everything. There can be no alternative for Tyrian. Killing pleases him, and he is a monster, but Salem accepts him.

Tyrian Callows, if he had to die to help Salem, he would do it gladly.

Jaune Arc, if he had to die to help his friends, he would gladly do it.

In that regard, they are the same. Albeit, separate extremes of a scale, they are allthesame kindred spirits. Both of them are mad. Both have brains that don't work right. They are broken people, all the way down to their core.

Jaune Arc has some serious parallels with Shiroi Emiya. If put in the same place as Emiya, I'm sure he'd make the same choice. I'm sure Jaune would willingly become a Counter Guardian.

While Tyrian Callows is not all too similar to Kotomine Kirei, there are still some parallels between them.

Anyway, I'm getting tired, so I'll stop here. Just wanted to jot down a couple stray thoughts.

One thing I want to be explored in more RWBY fanfics is the whole "20-or-more years spent completely alone with no human contact" thing that happened to Jaune in the Ever After.

There've been studies done in the damage that can do. Solitary confinement, where everything is the same and nothing changes and you have zero human contact... That causes irreparable brain damage after only three days and Jaune did it anywhere from 20~40 fucking YEARS!!!

He should be completely broken at that point. I doubt he'd even remember his own name, or what his friends the people he's been waiting for, even looked like or what they're names were.

The Rusted Knight shouldn't even be able to pretend to be human anymore. I could see him messing up with social interactions constantly. Being incredibly weird, like staring at people's foreheads instead of looking them in the eye, or losing the ability to use or recognize body language. Stuff lile that.

Ever since I did that shitty Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel thing, I've been thinking...

It works. Jaune and Tyrian, I mean. Not anything else.

I mean, take everything about Jaune Arc. All of his losses, his anger, his zero victories in battles that matter... and the sheer self-hatred that Jaune had even back in Beacon, during the early volumes.

It's very obvious that canon Jaune Arc has Survivor's Guilt and Imposter Syndrome. He sees no value in his own life. While he does overcome some if it during his travels, his long tenure in the Ever After seems like it'd bring it all back and even worsen it.

I think, when Tyrian called Jaune "interesting", he saw himself in Jaune. An empty person. Tyrian exists only to please his goddess, his queen, his everything. There can be no alternative for Tyrian. Killing pleases him, and he is a monster, but Salem accepts him.

In that regard, they are the same. Albeit, separate extremes of a scale, they are allthesame kindred spirits. Both of them are mad. Both have brains that don't work right. They are broken people, all the way down to their core.

Jaune Arc has some serious parallels with Shiroi Emiya. If put in the same place as Emiya, I'm sure he'd make the same choice. I'm sure Jaune would willingly become a Counter Guardian.

While Tyrian Callows is not all too similar to Kotomine Kirei, there are still some parallels between them.

Anyway, I'm getting tired, so I'll stop here. Just wanted to jot down a couple stray thoughts.

Tyrian: "Our lives are meaningless without others... Isn't that right? You would do anything for them... I would do anything for her."
Jaune: "..."
Tyrian: "You would fight through an army and die alone and forgotten if it saved them... Wouldn't you?"
Jaune: "... Yes."
Tyrian: "In that, we are the same... How strange to find a kindred spirit among my enemies."
Jaune: "It's the only place you were going to find one."
Tyrian: "... Yes. I believe you are right."

Tyrian: "Our lives are meaningless without others... Isn't that right? You would do anything for them... I would do anything for her."
Jaune: "..."
Tyrian: "You would fight through an army and die alone and forgotten if it saved them... Wouldn't you?"
Jaune: "... Yes."
Tyrian: "In that, we are the same... How strange to find a kindred spirit among my enemies."
Jaune: "It's the only place you were going to find one."
Tyrian: "... Yes. I believe you are right."

Yes.
Yes!
YES!!!

This is what I want! A relationship between Tyrian and Jaune that, if they weren't enemies dead set on murdering each other, would have them be the best of friends!

True Bros!

It is important to note that Jaune wasn't completely alone, as there were other living creatures around, many of them intelligent and able to talk.
So it wouldn't be anything like solitary confinement, where someone is locked in a small room with no contact with anything, and they're unable to do anything to distract themselves from it (like going for a walk, or having to survive in the harsh wilderness) to somewhat mitigate the negative effects.

Who else might be fun to be childhood friends?

I'll admit that I'm a sucker for Topaz, so what about Emerald?

Neon Katt.

We know Jaune is a good dancer, and Neon seems the type, could be where Jaune got it from or vice versa.

I'm a sucker for KnightLife.

Don't think I've gone looking for it, but from what I know of Neon, I might have to look it up. 😁

Alternatively...

- - -

Jaune and Blake were concerned when they saw Cardin and Velvet head off towards an unoccupied section of Beacon's dorms. The bully had the rabbit faunus' hand in a tight grip as they headed off. Blake, being a keen warrior of justice, and Jaune, wanting to be a hero, followed them stealthily. Well, Blake was stealthy. Jaune was doing his best.

They watched Velvet and Cardin vanish into an empty dorm room. The two stalked up and took up positions on either side of the door.

"On three, we bust in and save Velvet," Blake stated. Jaune nodded.

"Right!"

"Ready... THREE!" Blake declared.

"Wait, aren't you supposed to count-?"

Blake kicked the door in and stormed in. Jaune followed.

"All right Winchester, you're... Done...?"

"NO HE'S NOT!" A naked Velvet shouted at her. "KEEP GOING HONEY! I WANT TRIPLETS!"

Blake and Jaune gaped at the human and Faunus in a... Very indelicate state. Cardin coughed awkwardly.

"Uhhh... Soooo-"

"YOU'RE DATING?!" Jaune gasped.

"YES!" Velvet shouted. "NOW GET OUT!"

"But-But-You hate Faunus!" Blake sputtered.

"No, I said 'Fuck the Faunus'," Cardin pointed out, "I very specifically said that and-"

"ENOUGH TALKING SWEETIE!" Velvet growled, "I'M IN HEAT SO GET ON WITH IT OR I'LL MAKE YOU THE WOMAN!"

"On it, Honeybunny!"

"Oh I love you so much, sweetie!" Velvet cooed. "NOW GET TO WORK!"

Blake and Jaune quickly exited, and shut the door behind them. Both wore red faces.

"I... Uh... Um... Wow," Blake managed.

"Y-Yeah," Jaune muttered. He coughed. "Uhh... So..."

"Let's... Pretend this never happened," Blake decided.

"Agreed."

Y'know, it's funny, but I would love to write a subversion of the classic "OC/SI-stops-Cardin-from-bullying-Velvet" scene that's basically like what you wrote. 🤣

Yes, part of the Agent's motivation is that when Salem takes over the world, no-one will ever call him 'Shorty Greasy Spot Spot' again.

NGL, I wasn't expecting a "Blackadder" reference when I started reading this particular thread, but I'm happy to see it. Oh, a whole Hunter team that's a Blackadder reference could be fun! Edmund Blackadder would be the snarky team leader while the rest of his team would be Baldrick, George, and Percy! 😁

He had gotten away when Neptune had decided to hit on that hot crazy chick who looked like a brunette Yang.

Is that supposed to be a reference to something, or am I sorely mistaken?

Blake: "So... Uh... You'll help me stop them and convince them to change their ways?"

Jaune: "Sure thing!" beams as he sharpens Crocea Mors "We'll teach them the error of their ways!"

Ruby: "Absolutely!" loading up high powered Dust rounds "Hmmm... HEY JAUNE? WHERE ARE THE DUST GRENADES?"

Jaune: "Nora gave me some! Here you go!"

Ruby: "Aw, thanks sweetie!"

Blake: "Ummm... Why do we need grenades?"

Ruby: "To persuade them to change their ways!"

Jaune: "Enthusiastically!"

Heh, this is giving me some real "Dominion Tank Police" vibes and I'm all for it. 🤣

As a example, since I am a fan of Konusba, I asked them about possibility of Gamer Grind Mode Kazuma, Konusba with guns and required logistics for it and for conversation starters about Kazuma and Sylvia and their abilities. The difference is incredible. QQ is lewder, of course, but also suprisingly willing to indulge me more on the conversation starters.

speaking of SB and QQ, with the Step Sibling war be also posted on QQ?

This AU sounds absolutely awesome and I would love to see more. Could you please send me a link in DMs or whatnot when you get a free moment?

Cinder betrays Salem for Jaune because he has something she doesn't.

Penis.

And Emerald follows because she follows Cinder, and may or may not eventually decide "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.". 😁

Complete with "Duty of Remnant" scenes where she threatens little children with sending Grimm to their house.

Oh sure, she actually does, but it's a single regular bird size Nevermore to tap on the brat's window to freak them out.
It's like Doxxing, but with Grimm.

Edit: if you wanted to write the scene, you could even paraphrase the old African Drug Lord meme.

Firstly, that would be hilarious to see. Secondly, I don't think I know that meme, is that the MPLA guy from one of the Black Ops games or something?

I am thankful for your support, but my idea was Hunt Showdown tier gun technology(Wild West era, people are switching from handloaded percussion black powder to cartridge conversions and black powder cartridge guns by default and beginning to use smokeless powder) with a gun availability of black powder cartridge guns in the Frontier towns like Axel, while the Capital has Smokeless powder and stuff like Gatling guns and big anti tank rifles/handheld breach loading cannons sort of deal. I wanted Konosuba to still be Medieval Fantasy, but with Guns, so Wild West tier weapons tech seem most logical. This also means gun based classes and gun focused skills for the normal classes. Since Kazuma is a adventurer, that means he could also learn gun stuff.

Heh, I like it, and I now imagine Darkness wearing a "Westernified" version of her canon outfit, complete with a wide-brimmed hat and pulling a Chuck Connors with a lever-action rifle, only for it to turn out she didn't hit a damn thing. 🤣

Urgh. Well here is a Stupid idea.

Jaune and Blake's dads, Nick and Ghira, were best friends and swore an oath of brotherhood. They hoped to marry their kids together and become one family, human and Faunus together!

Only things didn't quite work out as they hoped, as Isabel was against Jaune becoming a Huntsman and he ran off. While Blake ran off to the White Fang.

But then they both turn up at Beacon Academy. And now both sets of parents are hoping to make their dreams of unity (and cute blonde kitty grandkids) come true!

Told you it was stupid.

Eh, I know I like it.

which is why I think Gunpowder and Oil existed, but was phased out in favor of Dust. I can see Frontier towns and their Militias using gasoline guzzlers and guns with normal ammo, but have Dust Elemental damage modules.

Honestly, this makes sense to me. I also imagine that there'd be moonshine and ethanol engines, as well.

I'm going to date myself here, but does anyone remember Gallagher?

I know of him, but I never watched his stuff outright.

Alternative idea, Jaune worked at Host Clubs, and was very popular with woman of a certain age like Amber, Glynda, Winter, and Fiona.

Jaune never said much about his dreams for the future, so four smitten women are very surprised when he shows up at Beacon.

Oh, this could be all kinds of fun. 😁

You know what would be funny?

Jaune busts out the guitar for the first time and everyone is expecting a cringe love song.

Then he starts playing some fucking Metal.

Does it matter which kind of metal? 'Cause there are some damn good power ballads that can be used.

Again, not trying to preach. But Arslan being a warrior-nun of a Narnia-based take on Christianity in Remnant was too good an idea not to use.

Agreed, same with making her a lion Faunus instead of a human. Granted, I was planning to make her more like IDW!Thunderclash, himself a Parody Sue in the same vein as Ace Rimmer from "Red Dwarf," though I don't see the two as mutually exclusive, and the two takes on Arslan could indeed work.

Ok hear me out.

If arslan gets into a fight with Weiss/cinder and there's clothes destruction.

We've got the Lion, the Bitch, and the wardrobe (malfunction)

I love, and I know anyone attracted to women will, too. 😆

I'd enjoy seeing more of this.

As would I. 😁

In all seriousness, maple syrup has to be collected over wide open areas, which would make it dangerous and even more expensive on a world like Remnant.

Huh, makes sense, though it makes me feel kinda sorry for the multitude of Remnant kids who'll never get to know the simple joys of maple syrup on pancakes or waffles, whether at home or the Remnant equivalent of McDonald's and the like.

Bad news it wasn't syrup, worse news now ren and nora have to figure out what to do with all this heroin they accidentally stole.

Heh, so kinda like "Archer Vice?" 'Cause that'd absolutely be funny as fuck! 😆

I do too, but it's all down to inspiration.

So! How do the other girls begin their plans to ensnare the Dork Knight now that he's activated their ovaries?

And keep in mind, Pyrrha and RWBY were not the only women at the pool that day...

As mentioned earlier, I'm a sucker for Topaz, so maybe we get Emerald deciding to send images of herself nude as the day she was born into his head while still being dressed to everyone else? That and classic beats like Jaune being the dorky noodle whose acts of genuine kindness make her heart pitter-patter and cause her to question her loyalty. Tired and cliche as fuck? Perhaps, but maybe it can be played for laughs somehow?

Glynda Goowitch will need to keep Jaune behind after class for extra studies. Just because he's getting better doesn't mean he can slack off. Plus, it gives her time to teach him how to make her see stars.

Raven, watching Yang through the window, decides to kidnap Jaune and bring him back to the tribe. He can give her and Vernal some strong babies.

Cinder, the girlfailure she is, tries to seduce him during combat class only to metaphorically and literally fall on her face... knocking the two down and somehow stripping just enough off the both of them to have him slip straight inside in front of everyone else, to her embarassment.

SHUT UP, I LIKE GIRLFAILURE CINDER!

Nothing wrong with girlfailure Cinder, or with Glynda, Raven, and Vernal being interested.

In true anime fashion, Beacon throws a school festival and each team has to do something for it! What do our heroes do?

Hm, I like the idea of RWBY trying and failing to do a maid cafe, and maybe CFVY can do a fashion show?

Not on topic i know but how the hell did we start talking about nsfw bible lore of all things?

Did you want me to legit answer that, or was that rhetorical?

Yang has heard that Jaune has driving skills. She wants to see them for herself.

Will that also include road rage and a potty mouth to make even Qrow blush? 😆

*Cardin gets a flashback*

Little velvet: you gonna cry cardimwit?

*Tiny velvet hops all over a lovingly made sand castle and steals a carrotcake cupcake from even tinier than velvet cardin's lunch*

Current Cardin: Revenge.

Dove: you say something Cardin?

*Que the lunch room scene*

Huh, an interesting take on their dynamic.

Super wholesome shit.

That it is, and I love it. :D

My bad, I honestly got the threads mixed up, total brain fart on my end.

I've done the same, myself. It's never fun.

If Remnant was Earth before the Brother Gods came and remade it, what if the gods of old were reawakened to defend mankind once more?

Funny you mention that since I'm planning a rewrite where that's a plot point, myself. 😁

It is. God, I don't know what's going on with my image links.

Anyway...

ab17721966a7c191f1d8f79edf645d59.jpg

Radian. Once it was the capital of Northern Sanus' allied kingdoms, under the Arc Dynasty. It grew rich thanks to its mines, its farmlands, and its mighty warriors. Now, it's become a bit of a backwater. The mining still goes on, though not as much as in the past. It used to be a LOT bigger, but it's receded behind the central walls, with most of that land either being left undeveloped or turned into farmland.

The center of Radian holds the majority of the remaining town, the old Arc-en-Ciel Castle that's been turned into a hospital, the Arc Farm and old manor, and the CCNet repeater tower. Many shops, workshops, a power station, a small airship port, and a few tourist attractions exist.

Radian isn't anywhere near as big or prosperous as it once was, but there are ruins, statues, and relics of the time of the Arc Kings. When Jaune's ancestors fought the Grimm and foreign enemies. The old castle library was retained, and the epic deeds of the past Arcs were written down. All of this was seen as the remnants of a bygone age... Except by Jaune, who saw them as inspiration.

Since Jaune still has no canon hometown, I decided, what the heck? I'll make my own with my own spin on it.

I like it, you did a great job making the town.

I found it on Imgur and Pininterest. No idea beyond that what its origins are.

Well, thanks for answering my question.

Yes, Gundam Wing is still close to my heart. And Relena Peacecraft and Heero Yuy are still some of my favorite anime characters. Deal with it.

Eh, I'm the same with SEED, since it was the first one I could actually follow, so it still holds a place in my heart.

And hey, I wanted them to have a happy ending that didn't involve cryosleep and all that bullshit.

Good, fuck knows they deserve it, after all.

my first thought is "I wonder if his uncle's stage name is Barry White." And then I realized how appropriate that name is for Remnants naming conventions.

Fuck, that would be appropriate, as would Berry White. 😁

A edgy emo faunus who shares her love of red and black clothing.

NGL, I love the idea of Adam being related to the Rose/Xiao-Longs and always loved the idea of them all bonding.

And a girl here for the vytal festival who also has a gemstone name.

(You get three guesses who they are and the first two don't count)

Emerald, right?

.....guys. hear me out.

Zwei goes to a dog shelter after someone kicks him (I'm gonna go with the fourth guy in cardin's team. I can remember dove and sky and Cardin but asshole 4 is forgettable) and starts awakening all the doggos aura.

It's Blake's own personal hell. Planet of the apes but dogs.

So basically this movie? 😆

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj0J7U3VI4I&t=724

I am a huge fan of John Wayne, and his westerns.

As am I, they're awesome, though there are some I haven't seen yet but want to.

Rooster Duke is naturally named for John Wayne's role in "True Grit" and John Wayne's nickname "The Duke".

Nice! Is he also a rooster Faunus, or is "Rooster" merely his name?

Weiss: HOW?!

*Ruby covering her face in shame with a plate of perfect chocolate chip cookies in front of her*

Ruby: I don't know ok!

Weiss: you had ham, cheese, some onions, a handful of mushrooms, and pasta.

Ruby: and now we have cookies. I'm aware.

Weiss: show me.

Ruby: what?

*Weiss slaps a steak, some butter, garlic, and rice down in front of Ruby*

Weiss: cook me a steak with garlic rice.

Ruby: Weiss I ca-

Weiss:Do it.

*Ruby perfectly cooks the steak and rice*

Ruby: so far so good.

*Ruby puts the plate of steak down in front of Weiss*

Weiss: I knew it was some kind of silly game.

*Weiss cuts into the giant cookie on her plate and freezes*

Weiss: buh?

Ruby: I told you!

So it's like "Cake or Real", but cookies instead of cake?

Among others. While the CCNet covers a lot, there are still gaps in coverage. And a lot can happen out in the wilds. You could kill the actual ranchers and hands on the drive, ride the herd into the receiving area, say that you were hands and the boss and the others got killed by Grimm, and take the money before anyone knew what was happening in many cases. Or just take the cattle and sell them off to smaller communities who wouldn't look too closely where such a bounty came from.

Remnant is several islands of civilization in vast seas of untamed, wild, and dangerous territories where men and beast do what they can to survive. As such, it could lend itself to a lot of stories you'd find in westerns, samurai flicks, and so on.

I bet you could also have Mad-Max-Twisted-Metal-on-Peacock shenanigans with weaponized vehicles, as well. Hell, there's probably a thriving weapons aftermarket for cars on Remnant.

-Coco Adel has some unfortunate family history, stuff she tries to overcome. Her grandmother was a collaborator with Atlas during the Great War.

This is in reference to the real Coco Vadel. Yeah, she invented the most popular perfume in history, but she also collaborated with the Nazis and the puppet French Vichy government and only avoided jail because she was friends with Churchill.

Oops.

Huh, didn't know that until I saw your post, thanks for giving me something new to research.

-On that same note, May Zedong might have similar stigma but worse if her grandfather was a mass murdering dictator with a God complex.

NGL, I'm kinda surprised nothing with her namesake was done sooner, all things considered.

The Old Gods
Hear me out: Salem has fucked around enough that the Old Gods are coming down to reality to make sure she finds out.

In the broken remnants of Ozpin's tower, Cinder had naught to do but gloat. Ozpin lay in a growing pool of his own blood and the Invincible Girl was forced to grovel before her, Pyrrha's wounds too great for her aura to heal.

Cinder beheld her own work beyond the shattered glass of the tower's balcony and smiled. The screams, the scent of fire and blood, and the growing pools of black ichor that spawned increasingly more horrific monsters.

She did this. She masterminded the fall of an entire kingdom. She was, unquestionably, above all of mankind.

she opened her mouth to gloat

Then the sky opened.

Sunlight hit the land bellow, and any monster born of darkness hit by the dawning light burned.

The screams of misery were replaced by sounds that vaguely sounded like the unholy marriage of a pressure cooker, a person choking on their own blood and the popping of a specially ripe boil.

But Cinder paid none of that mind, for before her laid an existence so far beyond her that merely laying eyes upon it was causing her ego to frail and crack.

A being of sunfire, its form genderless and only vaguely human in shape, was before the Evil Maiden.

It spoke in the language of the cosmos, in background radiation and chirps of exotic particles who existed for fractions of time so infinitesimally small they defied definition. Cinder understood none of it, yet knew exactly what had been spoken: She had broken The Law, and so must be punished.

The Sun hath spoken, and so it was.

Beside it, growing from festering filth and fungi came Death, A singular hand of maggots and iridescent slime upon its shapeless mass holding the Eternal List. In uncountable tongues of rot it intoned its terms to The Sun: Two were to die today.

With the click of gears and whisper of sands The Ruler of Everything,Time, joined its kin. A field of stars, formless and yet humanoid, bore its gaze upon the judged. The Three were in agreement, and Cinder's mind broke.

She gouged her eyes and chewed on them, broke her own wrist and ripped the hand off, to cut her own throat, and banged her head upon the glass floor until her forehead had become concave.

In her final moments of consciousness before her soul was annihilated by the assembled presences, she had come to understand that Salem had taken a step too far and she had become caught in the witch's reckoning.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Jaune and Team RWBY arrived atop the Headmaster's Tower, all they found was the corpse of Ozpin and an unconscious Pyrrha. Whenever the Amazon Warrior was asked what had happened, all she could do was freeze with a manic look in her eyes...

So, what are the Old Gods anyway? The easiest way I can explain is by equating then to the C'Tan of 40K: Literal universal concepts given will. They are the "Big Boss" of reality and lesser gods like The Brothers are subservient to them, and they are the ones to menage reality, while the Big Guys usually don't get involved. But what did Salem do to warrant them getting involved? More importantly, can she even stand up to such beings? Let me answer the latter before the former: Salen can 1v1 an Old God and have a chance at victory, it would be capital B bad for reality as a whole if she did but she doesn't care now, does she? What she wants is to remake all of reality in her image (and make sure Ozma watches) but this goes against The Law that the Old Gods created and uphold, so now the Big Boys have to get involved.

Last edited:
New plot bunnies! Fresh from the field!

-Jaune's not the only one with odd relatives. What happens when Ruby and Yang's Auntie Xian Pu (Shampoo) from Mistral comes a calling?

-Jaune had to work a lot of odd jobs to get money for Beacon. What are some of the jobs he did?

-Pyrrha and Velvet bond a bit as they are both shy individuals with a lot locked up inside.

-Jaune manages to save Yang's life during a training mission gone wrong. What's the fallout?

-Cardin and Jaune are actually cousins. One of Jaune's aunts is Cardin's mother. How does that change things up?

-Ruby can see dead people thanks to her Silver Eyes. Shenanigans ensue.

New plot bunnies! Fresh from the field!

-Jaune's not the only one with odd relatives. What happens when Ruby and Yang's Auntie Xian Pu (Shampoo) from Mistral comes a calling?
Jaune accidentally defeats Ruby and/or Yang (maybe even at the same time), now Auntie Xian Pu demands that Jaune marries them.
Que iconic Ranma ½ chase scene (that ends much more wholesome and wedding bells than is typical).

-Jaune manages to save Yang's life during a training mission gone wrong. What's the fallout?
Yang looks at Jaune right after he saves her, cue Careless Whisper with slow-motion of Jaune.

Or Yang could suddenly become very shy around Jaune until she confesses her feelings (bonding with Pyrrha in the possess due to the shared experience and realising how difficult it actually is to confess your love to him, possible becoming a throuple along the way).

-Cardin and Jaune are actually cousins. One of Jaune's aunts is Cardin's mother. How does that change things up?
That depends, because it could go either way.
On the one hand, Cardin could try to use it against Jaune, and be a Big Brother Cousin Bully, and use his more intimate family knowledge to hurt Jaune more emotionally.
On the other hand, It might improve things, maybe because Cardin wouldn't bully someone from his own family, because he longs for a closer family bond than he has (in case the ones he has suck), or because he fears the consequences that could result if that news that he's bulling his own cousin got to his mother/father.

-Ruby can see dead people thanks to her Silver Eyes. Shenanigans ensue.
d5fbw0a-838d3b5f-a373-497c-9c4e-2e490474cc0c.png

The Twins Who Lived
One other stupid idea I had was this:

In Harry Potter and Naruto fanfiction there's the Wrong Boy Who Lived trope. Basically the MC's parents thought the twin brother of the MC was the child of prophecy, faked their deaths, and abandoned the Main Character to the canon timeline.

Yes it is incredibly stupid and makes no sense.

So a RWBY version of this is dubious at best. So here's my take on it:

Cinder's team shows up with one Jack Arc. He is Jaune's twin brother, presumed dead due to some tragedy. He was brought up to serve Salem and to despise humanity.

Just one problem: Cinder didn't know Jaune Arc, Jack's twin, was at Beacon.

Jaune sees his twin. Jack stares back.

Jack: "You... How-Who-?!"

Jaune: "Jack..?"

Jack: sneer "Yes. You must be the brother who-!"

Jaune: sobs and hugs him "JAAAAACK!"

Jack: "Huh...?"

Jaune and the rest of the Arcs act like anyone sane would when they find out Jack survived: They are overjoyed and happy.

And now Cinder has a problem...

It is important to note that Jaune wasn't completely alone, as there were other living creatures around, many of them intelligent and able to talk.
So it wouldn't be anything like solitary confinement, where someone is locked in a small room with no contact with anything, and they're unable to do anything to distract themselves from it (like going for a walk, or having to survive in the harsh wilderness) to somewhat mitigate the negative effects.

I should have been more clear, sorry. I meant to use solitary confinement as an example of what extreme isolation would do to someone in only three days.

You are right that Jaune did not have it that badly. But the Afterans aren't human. The only humans he knew were Lewis and Alyx, and one of them poisoned him.

The Afterans aren't human, and barely act like it. They're only superficially like humans. Imagine if everyone you've ever met was acting out a character. There is no "truth" about them. They're all lies, one big game of charades.

Jaune only knew four beings in the Ever After who weren't playing a character, playing their roles. The Jabberwalker, the Curious Cat, Lewis and Alyx.

The Jabberwalker was his enemy. Though I wouldn't mind seeing a story where he was able to get the Jabberwalker on his side and become friends with it. That'd be interesting. But in canon it was his enemy. The "Proto-Grimm".

The Curious Cat doesn't really need an explanation. As Jaune fucking despised the thing for everything he did. I imagine reconciliation could be possible, but not in the Ever After.

Lewis was alright. Probably the only true friend Jaune had.

Alyx literally tried to kill him with poison. That has got to be not-helpful for one's mental health.

Other than that... None of the other residents were human. None of them acted like humans, only superficially. You cannot expect a raccoon to have the same body language that a human does, or understand the body language of a human, as an example.

Jaune would probably have lost most of those "human" communication skills after Lewis and Alyx left, if not before that.

That's what I meant.

I should have been more clear, sorry. I meant to use solitary confinement as an example of what extreme isolation would do to someone in only three days.

You are right that Jaune did not have it that badly. But the Afterans aren't human. The only humans he knew were Lewis and Alyx, and one of them poisoned him.

The Afterans aren't human, and barely act like it. They're only superficially like humans. Imagine if everyone you've ever met was acting out a character. There is no "truth" about them. They're all lies, one big game of charades.

Jaune only knew four beings in the Ever After who weren't playing a character, playing their roles. The Jabberwalker, the Curious Cat, Lewis and Alyx.

The Jabberwalker was his enemy. Though I wouldn't mind seeing a story where he was able to get the Jabberwalker on his side and become friends with it. That'd be interesting. But in canon it was his enemy. The "Proto-Grimm".

The Curious Cat doesn't really need an explanation. As Jaune fucking despised the thing for everything he did. I imagine reconciliation could be possible, but not in the Ever After.

Alyx literally tried to kill him with poison. That has got to be not-helpful for one's mental health.

Other than that... None of the other residents were human. None of them acted like humans, only superficially. You cannot expect a raccoon to have the same body language that a human does, or understand the body language of a human, as an example.

Jaune would probably have lost most of those "human" communication skills after Lewis and Alyx left, if not before that.

That's what I meant.

I would like a story that delves into how Jaune perceives team RWBY. He has spent more time in Everafter than he has been alive (20 years). He sees team RWBY and only identifies them by color since he has forgotten their faces for years. Pyrrha doesn't really hurt him anymore; instead, he feels guilt for forgetting, as he doesn't remember his companions' names very well. When he meets them again, he doesn't know who they are until he hears the names and associates them with colors. He still knows how to give the impression that he is fine, but the Jaune who entered practically died 20 years ago.

But I never finish my fanfic

Jajajaj

Jaune accidentally defeats Ruby and/or Yang (maybe even at the same time), now Auntie Xian Pu demands that Jaune marries them.
Que iconic Ranma ½ chase scene (that ends much more wholesome and wedding bells than is typical).
Also, Shampoo would be absolutely pissed at Raven, because not only does she know that Taiyang is strong and not weak like Raven thinks, but Taiyang was apparently good enough to father a child with, but not when he tried to help raising it (which is part of a man's duties according to Chinese amazon tradition) they both were suddenly not good enough any more.

That's what I meant.
I understand.
It's still worth pointing out that even the Afterans just acting out their characters would be kinda helpfull in tricking his brain to avoid going insane.

The biggest issue probably isn't the isolation, but the fact that Jaune has been stuck with the trauma he got before he entered the Ever After and of thinking his friends lost forever, left to stew for years on end, without therapy or help of any kind.
Those traumas would only get worse and worse over the years.

Though this is related to his isolation, it isn't caused by it, only made much worse.

Last edited:
I was just in JBukharin's thread, and a recent chapter gave me an idea.

Jaques Schnee has a sudden and tragic end ("what do you mean he died of auto-erotic aphysiaxaition?"), and Willow Schnee decides to find some fresh air in her "grief". She decides to go to the one country Jaques would never have gone, Menagerie. For her own safety, the Belladonnas invite her to stay with them. Kali manages to wean her off her alcohol addiction by seducing Willow into the couple's bed.

Wham, bam, thank you ma'am, Blake and Weiss get an unexpected message. "What do you mean we're step sisters now? And we're getting HOW MANY new siblings?!?"

Edit: hmm. I'm a bit unhappy that I used "what do you mean" twice in this little blurb. Oh well, I dont feel like adjusting the flow for such a quick idea.

Last edited:

Man, people forget that Counter Guardian Emiya is Shirou's bad end, and it ended up with him being a bitter living weapon wielded by a callous god.

Kotomine's parallels with Tyrian are even weaker - Kirei fundamentally cannot find happiness in doing good, and is well aware of it. The tragedy of Kotomine Kirei is that he is a genuinely moral and religious man who also happens to be utterly miserable in being a good person, and the knowledge that he can only find joy in misery and evil eats away at him. Tyrian on the other hand is just the Joker that's discovered religion.

Kotomine in Remnant, entertaining himself by irritating Shirou, would be pretty hilarious. Never forget that Fate is Saber's route, UBW is Rin's route, and HF is Kirei's route.

Which makes it all the more amusing if Beacon's on-site religious services are headed by one Caren Ortensia, another of those women with a complicated relationship with Jaune's very youthful and very ripped grandfather.

Caren: "Ah, just like your grandfather, a beastly man surrounding himself with women..."
Jaune: "Aunt Caren, stop..."
Kotomine: "Indeed, daughter. Rejoice, young Jaune, for I shall hear your confessions with an open mind."

Last edited:
Government of Vale
Because a government of three elected officials is... Not a government. Seriously, it's just not. That's a triumvirate dictatorship at best, nothing can get done. There is a reason governments do tend to get big, you need to work out a way to ensure proper representation of your citizens, if you don't there are a lot of things you can't get done and you might get rebellions.

So! Basic proposal for the Valean government, at least, is three branches. Mostly.

Ancient-Roman-Government-Hierarchy.jpg

The Assembly, or Low Council, is made up of representatives directly elected, proportional to the population of the smaller kingdoms and provinces that make up Vale. They would represent the interests of the people most directly. Rufus Winchester in White Knight Errant would be the Speaker of the Assembly, the highest ranking member of that assembly.

The Senate, or High Council, would be made up of representatives chosen by the governments of the Kingdoms and Provinces themselves. They basically function as Ambassadors of the Kingdoms to the main government, akin to how the US Senate was before the 17th Amendment was passed. In the Roman Republic the Senate was the province of the aristocrats, representing all the landowners. In this case, most High Councillors would be of aristocratic bent with long family lines, but not always.

The Executive Council, or Consuls, would be the elected leaders of the Kingdom in general. There would be a Chairman/Chairwoman, essentially a Prime Minister, who would be chosen by vote by both the High and Low Councils, to lead the Kingdom. There would also be other positions voted on by the Councils as well as those chosen by the Chair. One of these positions would be Warden of Vale: Essentially the military commander and the person who manages the Hunters. In this case, this would be Ozpin, who is voted into this position regularly.

There is a judicial branch as well that keeps the other two in line.

I mean it wouldn't be much good for fight scenes and so on but it is good for worldbuilding purposes and could present some storytelling possibilities. Plus, it makes more sense than voting for, what, three executives? What? No wonder Salem beat these idiots so easily.

So, what could you do with this?

Kotomine in Remnant, entertaining himself by irritating Shirou, would be pretty hilarious.

That's... I want to see this now.

The Brother Gods pluck Shirou Emiya and Kotomine Kirei and plop them down on Remnant. They give them aura and a Semblance. Shirou has Unlimited Blade Works, Kirei has whatever the fuck Rasputin's thing is or maybe something else.

The two are bound together, and have to work together. Their job is to gather the Four Relics so the Brother Gods have an excuse to come back and fix some stuff. They want to grant Salem and Ozma true death again, because it's been a very long time even in their eyes.

To make sure they actually work together, they bind them to each other. If Shirou dies, so does Kirei, and vice versa. If they think about hurting the other, they experience pain. They can only be so far away from each other at any time. You know, something to get them working together and to not immediately start murdering each other.

This way they both have to indulge in each other's fetishes. Shirou wants to save people? Plenty of people in need of saving. Kirei wants to hurt people? Plenty of bandits to hurt. So long as they can compromise on who is an acceptable target, their needs can be met.

However... Just because they can settle on working together for this mission given by alien gods on an alien world... That don't mean they don't fucking hate each other's guts.

If I had the money, I'd commission a story like this to be made. Unfortunately, I don't have too much excess money. Woe is me.

Man, people forget that Counter Guardian Emiya is Shirou's bad end, and it ended up with him being a bitter living weapon wielded by a callous god.

I... EMIYA has never been used by a god. I mean, maybe there's a Divine Spirit inhabiting a vessel that summoned him as a Servant in one World or timeline or whatever, somewhere. But Counter Guardian EMIYA is not being wielded by a god.

Kotomine's parallels with Tyrian are even weaker

You are correct. Tyrian's whole thing was admittedly hard for me. His parallels are weak. But they aren't completely absent... just mostly.

Never forget that Fate is Saber's route, UBW is Rin's route, and HF is Kirei's route.

Damn. Sakura gets cucked even in her own route. Poor girl.

Which makes it all the more amusing if Beacon's on-site religious services are headed by one Caren Ortensia

Caren is a freak and we all love her.

She gets hurt by being around evil, but wants to get pregnant with the baby of All the World's Evil. I can't think of a freakier woman.

Plus, it would be kind of funny if...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwpMvc3-N40&pp=ygUXQ2Fybml2YWwgcGhhbnRhc20gY2FyZW4%3D

Except Lancer is Jaune.

Actually... Nah, Gáe Bolg is a bit too lethal. It'd never be allowed in Beacon, especially once Ozpin sees it.

The Counter Force effectively is a callous god. There's a reason EMIYA is a bitter, bitter man.

The two Counter Forces are more of "systems" than "gods".

Gods are self-aware, while both Counter Forces are not. It's just we call both Gaea and Alaya females because that's what we do with inanimate objects. Cars are girls, boats are girls, weapons are girls, etc etc. Therefore the Counter Forces are both "girls" as well.

But they're not. They're not gods. They're self-defence mechanisms.

That's why I said 'effectively'.

That said, Kotomine and Shirou is only just a step up from Angra Mainyu and Shirou. Kirei and Shirou can at least work together, and Shirou acknowledges that he actually does like the priest.

But what it all boils down to is that I just want Kirei, a genuine believer in God, to do to Cinder what he did to Zouken. One minute she's gloating, and the next the Black Keys are holding her in place before Kirei exorcizes her.

But goddamn, he'd have a field day with Team RWBY. King of Uncomfortable Truths indeed.

Magic Blue
Right... So... I've been trying to write an SI-OC RWBY story, and I had this first part written out amd had a thought...

So I copy and pasted it in another file, editted and wrote a little oneshot about Jaune gaining the Fifth Magic: "Magic Blue".

I have never read Mahoyo, so I just based this on FGO's version, using the translations on the FGO wiki, adding a couple NP dialogue lines together, and kitbashed the fuck out of this.

Also, I changed the scene against the Ursa in the Forever Fall. I wanted team CRDL to not look pathetic. Like... Really? Running away and leaving your team leader to die?

So... Here. I left my dinner unattended while I wrote this, so I'm gonna go have some cold spaghetti.

A black space filled with mist.

That's what I woke up to. I cast quick looks around but see only the same thing. Except in one direction, I see the tiniest of twinkling lights.

Was I dead?

No… No, I was sure I was alive. But then, how did I get here?

Looking through my memories I went over the day. We all went on a field trip to the Forever Fall forest. It was beautiful. Endless red trees as far as the eye could see.

Of course, Cardin had to be there. He dragged me away from my team and had me fill up his team's jars with sap. Then he… He wanted me to throw one of the jars at Pyrrha. He wanted to sick rapier wasps on her.

I couldn't do that. Cardin could bully me all he wants, I'm fine with that. Used to it, really. But I didn't want to burden my team, my friends, anymore than I currently was. I couldn't do that to them.

So I acted against my nature as a liar and coward. I struck Cardin with the jar. All I did was make him angry. I remember him lifting me up and punching me. Even through my aura, that hurt. My vision swam and I didn't see the second punch coming.

I… I remember seeing something charging out of the forest behind Cardin. Then…

Then I found myself here. In the foggy dark with a tiny light in the distance, ever distant yet so close.

I wanted to get closer.
I wanted to see it.
I wanted to reach my hand out towards it.
I wanted to touch it.

My feet moved me closer, and I felt a pressure on me that I had never felt before. It was like the weight of the world had suddenly fallen onto me. My legs shook, but as it wasn't a physical weight I remained standing.

I took another step, and the pressure increased. What was this? I took another step and the weight bore down on me even harder. I felt something behind me, and fear gripped my heart.

There was something else here? Since when? I didn't see anything! How could there be…? I craned my neck and twisted my waist until I could see what was behind me.

Tattered red cloth. Blackness even darker than the void around me. A single white orb staring back at me. The fear that gripped me skyrocketed to heights I didn't know I was capable of feeling.

It was a shadow. A shadow cloaked in red. It had a shape that only superficially resembled a human. The red cloth fluttered in a wind I did not feel. Its single glowing white 'eye' was boring through me and into my soul. It simply stood there amidst the fog above and below me.

I turned back to the tiny light ahead of me. What should I do? Do I keep going? Would it get me before that? Something tells me that letting it get to me would be... Do I turn around? Go back towards it? Did it not want me to reach that light?

I took one more step forward.

I felt a breath on the back of my neck.
I saw red cloth in my peripheral vision.
Oh gods it was right behind me…!
It felt like a hand had gripped my heart.

If I stepped forward, it would get me for certain. But the light was nearly within arms reach. Would I be able to get to it before the Red Shadow got me? Do I risk it? Or do I step away from the light? Would it back off?

The Red Shadow closed in around me, and I dared to step away from the light.

The Red Shadow stopped. It froze where it was.

Did I do it? Will it spare me?

The red cloth suddenly shot towards me like a thousand blood red spears. They snapped shut around me, and the only thing I could see was the dull glowing white orb staring through me.

And then it all vanished like a dream come the morning sun.

"Cardin!" Someone shouted. "Grimm!"

"Huh?" Cardin hesitated too long before turning to see the bear-like Ursa Major barreling down on him and his team.

The Ursa knocked the bully flat onto his back and Jaune against a tree. The Grimm bear growled and roared at team CRDL. Cardin's teammates attempted to go for their weapons, but the surprise attack and the shock of seeing their team leader so effortlessly knocked around under its bulk…

Their fear froze them, but Dove pulled himself together and drew Hallshott. He took aim at the Ursa which had turned back to Cardin, and fired into its oily hide.

The bear grunted at the attack, but focused on the team leader. The sticky red sap on Cardin's chest had its attention more than a little pain did. "Get off me!" Cardin roared and slammed his fists into its face, only to get a lazy swipe of its paw to his in return.

His own attacks barely fazed it, but that one swipe took out a good chunk of his aura. Cardin knew that Grimm were strong, but even with his build and aura enhancing him, he couldn't even hurt it. He needed his weapon!

Russel leaped up and slammed down his Shortwings and let loose with the lightning Dust. The Grimm finally pulled away from Cardin and stood on its hind legs.

The Ursa turned around and Sky pierced its belly with his Feather's Edge. Sky pulled the trigger and fired round after round into its non-existent innards.

With his Hallshott empty, Dove charged into melee. He slashed at its legs and arms, while Russel let loose with fire Dust. Sky ripped Feather's Edge from its belly with a sideways swing.

The Ursa started to fall forward, and Sky braced himself against the ground, Feather's Edge pointed at the Grimm's throat.

But the Ursa was faster. Its paw knocked the weapon aside and its maw came down over Sky. The young man screamed in pain, his aura protecting him from damage but not pain.

Cardin stumbled to his feet in a hurry. He didn't have his weapon on him. Was Executioner thrown away when the Ursa knocked him over? He needed to help his team!

Sky crashed through a tree and the Grimm stood back up on its hind legs. Russel was about to use ice Dust to freeze the Ursa solid, but the bear threw itself onto its back, crushing Russel against the ground with its bulk. He felt the handles of his own Shortwings pressing into him.

The Ursa rolled back over, the Shortwings falling out of its back. Russel groaned from an indentation in the ground his body formed. Dove tried to go for a fatal thrust to its neck or head, but the Grimm moved and he only pierced its shoulder.

The Ursa spun around and dragged Dove along with it. When it stopped to face Cardin, Dove's body flew in front of it and it bit down on him. With a twist of its neck it threw the boy around, his grip on his blade wrenching Hallshott out of it.

Cardin hefted his mace and readied for combat. He didn't know exactly how badly it thrashed his team. He didn't know if they were seriously hurt. But if he tried to check, the Ursa would crush him.

Cardin kicked back and hit Jaune's leg. "Wake up, Arc! You need to run and get help!"

Jaune's head lifted up. "Grimm?"

"Yeah! It's a Grimm! So we have to put aside what just happened and beat it, or it'll kill us!" Cardin shot back, not taking his eyes off the Grimm in front of him.

Jaune Arc stood, and he felt his soul thrum with power. Had he unlocked his Semblance? What about the Red Shadow? It caught him, didn't it? It… What did it do to him?

He felt his soul answer. 'I… I see. So that's what that was.'

"Enough daydreaming, Jauney Boy!" Cardin called out. "You need to go! I'm bigger, stronger and more skilled than you. So it's your job to run and get Professor Goodwitch!"

"No."

"The fuck you mean 'No'!?"

Jaune walked forward. The once timid, spineless coward that Jaune was, was replaced by a confident, self-assured Jaune.

"I just unlocked my… Semblance, I suppose."

Cardin noted the way he said that. Like it was something else, and he was just using the name. But that doesn't matter.

"Jauney Boy? What are you doing!?"

"Enough with the talk." Jaune shot back. "In times like these the first move takes the win, yeah?"

"W-What are you talking about!?"

"Particle Acceleration, start." Jaune intoned as he glowed blue, his aura turning into bolts of lightning around his body.

"Contact." A glowing blue sigil expanded from Jaune's feet, and extended until it was underneath both Cardin and Jaune, and even the Grimm. The Grimm tensed when it saw the sigils.

"From the bottom of the outset to the end of my last times." Cardin saw the surroundings change. The blue sigil vanished, and instead they were in a green space filled with gold orbs of light, all slowly moving one way.

"I declare. In the name that represents the Blue." Once more they were somewhere else. This time it was almost like what Cardin imagined space was like. Even though they stood on a solid surface, there was no ground below them. Only an eternal, endless darkness and stars shooting up past them, as if they were descending at incomprehensible speeds.

"From outside to inside, from one to zero." Now they were someplace else. Everything was white. The ground was pure white. Cardin saw buildings in the distance, but they were wrong. As if multiple houses were layered on top of each other, some even on their sides or upside down, and then forced them all to occupy the same space.

"Shift, re-clicked. Not: SANE. Five. Timeless Words." Now they were in a field of wheat. The wind gently blowing them. The wheat covered the ground even to the horizon, like a blanket of gold.

"One stride for the plane layer." This time there were buildings made of gemstones and lined with gold. The people around them went about their daily lives, uncaring of the dangers of the world.

"Time difference disabled for hundreds of millions of light-years!" Cardin saw changes flash past him, the interval between changes, and how fast it changed, speeding up until it was nothing but a blue of colors.

"Sorry for the wait! After so long, I'm back!" Finally it stopped. The moon was whole above them, and they were standing in a field of flowers. Beautiful white flowers that he had never in his life seen before.

"Jauney…"

Jaune looked different. His normal armor was gone. He was wearing a white suit and vest with matching pants. Black gloves and boots. From his waist draped a long flowing cloth like a shroud. It too was white on the outside, but on the inside it was a dark but vibrant blue. His hair was longer, flowing in the wind and it was the same white as the flowers around him.

"Unfinished Blue: Retrograde Milky Way - Redshift!" From the tips, Jaune's white hair turned the color of blood and began to glow. His hair was shining red.

"...You alright, Cardin? Your team?"

"Huh? O-Oh, I'm alright." Cardin pulled out his scroll and sighed in relief. "My teams good too. Their aura isn't broken."

Jaune nodded. "That's good. Now… Cardin, watch this… I'll show you thr newest Magic!"

Jaune vanished and appeared above the Grimm. The creature of darkness looked up and tried to swipe at him. "Sphere Blaze!" Spheres of blue energy formed around the Grimm and detonated, tearing chunks off the Ursa. But it was a Major, and was tougher than other Grimm.

Jaune appeared in front of the Grimm. Blue sigils, almost like Weiss' glyphs, bloomed around his fists.

"Hook!" His first punch buried itself in the Ursa's shoulder, and a beam of blue energy tore through the beast. "Smash!" It reared back in pain, and an uppercut met its gut and blew another hole through it.

Jaune brought both fists back and hammered them into the Grimm at the same time. "Blowback!" Another blast of blue created yet another hole through the Grimm. But it wasn't done yet.

The Grimm stumbled, and Jaune jumped back. He reached his right arm across his chest and turned so that his hand was facing away from the Ursa. A blue glyph appeared underneath Jaune, behind him and in front of him. He clenched his left fist, readying for the attack he's about tp unleash.

"Sphere…" Jaune's fist hit the glyph and a larger beam shot forward. The Grimm curled up, facing the bone plates on its back towards the attack. The beam washed over them, causing them to steam from the heat.

"Break…" Jaune slammed his other fist against the glyph and fired another beam. This time the plates were glowing orange.

Jaune jumped into the air and backflipped. The glyphs formed around him again, this time there were even more. "Strider!" He kicked out with both of his legs, and sending another blast of energy.

This time the bone plates shattered and melted under the extreme heat. The Ursa Major roared in pain and once more stood on its hind legs.

Landing on the ground, Jaune let the fall take him to a kneeeling position and laid his hands on the ground. "Strange Down, Charm Top." Blue lightning flashed from below him and into the sky.

"Ritual expansion, satellite valve deployed!" More blue glyphs appeared under Jaune, but also above him. They kept appearing, creating a kind lf tower of glyphs above him. At the top, five lines of blue spread out upwards and more glyphs formed, this time they started sucking in the energy in the air.

"Ignited!" Jaune raised his right hand towards the weakened Ursa Major. More glyphs manifested in front of him, with a large one around his arm. "Let's go!"

"Earthlight Starbow!" Jaune screamed as he released all the energy he had collected.

It was less a beam and more of a pillar. A great tower of energy, blue and white, faced towards the horizon and beyond. The Grimm was incinerated instantly, and so too was everything behind it. The mountains and forests in the distance turned to ash, then that too vanished into nothingness.

The glow hurt Cardin's eyes, and he had to shield them with his arms.

"You alright, Cardin?"

Blinking, Cardin dropped his arms and saw that they were back in the Forever Fall, the Grimm absent. The only evidence of what he'd seen being true was the glowing red hair and outfit that Jaune had.

"What the fuck was that?" Cardin spoke to himself.

"Ah. That was 'Magic Blue'. It's my… Semblance. Yeah, let's go with that."

Jaune turned back to where the Grimm was. "I could have finished the fight in one shot, buuuuuut… I kind of felt like showing off a bit. I mean, when you unlock a suoer cool magic power, don't you want to be a bit of a show-off too?"

"I… I need to sit down. That shit was too much." Cardin groaned and sat himself down on the red grass.

"Right. I'll… I'll go grab Professor Goodwitch." Jaune said before his clothing and hair turned white and then shattered into motes of light. He now looked just like he did before… whatever the fuck that shit Cardin saw him do was…!

"Yeah. You go do that. I'm gonna pass out from shock now. Good nigh-" Cardin was ready asleep before his head hit the soft grass.

"Right, now I just need to find Goodwitch… I can't remember the direction. Fuck it, North!" Jaune nodded to himself, turned to face west, and marched forward in the completely wrong direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back