• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Jaune's Aura is so big and so warm it makes him a natural space heater. So he's in high demand.

Pyrrha, being from Mistral, might handle the cold less easily than any of the others. Then again, Weiss & Ruby are pretty small, and would lose body heat pretty easily.

Pyrrha, being from Mistral, might handle the cold less easily than any of the others. Then again, Weiss & Ruby are pretty small, and would lose body heat pretty easily.
Nora sends anyone looking to get close to her Ren packing. most get it before kneecaps get broken.

A Bad Ending
Remnant became a much more dangerous place after beacon fell. Not just because of the scroll system becoming much more limited.

But also because suddenly there were a few dozen displaced and traumatized teenagers scattered around the kingdoms.

Some found their way to other academy or towns that needed defenders.

Some became part of the problem, bandits and thugs.

A lot died.

But one became a legend. Told in whispers.

Clad in the oddest outfit, a ragged cloak red as blood covered it patches of many materials and colors. Black, yellow, green, white, and even a different shade of red.

The only thing stranger than the cloak was the weapon. A large collection of weapons melted together into a misshapen mess that brings death.

A large sniper rifle stands as the base body with a rocket launcher sitting on the end serving as the base of the head for the rest of the giant Warhammer. Jagged chunks of a few noticable weapons stick out of the mass that makes up the head.

A sword and shield, some daggered pistols, a rapier, a cleaver, even a metallic arm sit as part of the monster. All almost comically wrapped with a black ribbon and a red sash.

It is one of two signs of death approaching.

The first sign is the constant roaring thunder that follows it's wielder. Angry and boiling a storm that never ends.

The second is the weapon itself.

Ragnarok.

The woman who uses it claims that the word means "the end of the world" and that the weapon is made of the remnants of her entire world.

(Sorry Nora. Eventually everyone is gonna get a sad one I guess.)

Winter is Here
Some fun potential friendships not explored in the canon:
Huh, this has got one coming to me of Blake and Cardin. Cause I had the idea of Cardin and Velvet being cousins, and she was rather more...let's say spirited, when they were younger. Like messing with him, massively. And while she might regret it some now, it'll leave a mark when that cousin who was almost like a sister suddenly has to move away for who knows how long. Also making it seem like she's a faunus out of nowhere and that's why she has to say goodbye forever before terrorizing him some more that last day before she leaves.

No clue why them having a familial relationship like that came to mind, but it did. And not as bad as the more, adult thread leaning version.
I can see it being while everyone else is fighting over the one hoodie they've all generally seen, at least Pyrrha and Ruby are sharing the space in Jaune's new oversized home made hoodie with him. Maybe Blake or Weiss too, considering things.

---

It had been a week since winter hit beacon, three since the heating went on the fritz, one since a cold snap dropped the temperature even further. For many, it was rather miserable and most did not have clothes that would actually keep themselves warm. At best there were either long sleeved but thin shirts and pants, or the inverse in thick but short wear. With Jaune Arc one of the few not especially bothered thanks to having a decent hoody. Not noticing the predicament his friends were all dealing with. Carrying some packages with him to lunch, noticing none of the shivering from all around him.

"Weird how nippy it's been recently." Taking his seat, Jaune took a sip of some water.

"Y-yeah. No heating and snow will do that v-vomit boy." Shivering and rubbing her arms, Yang's eye twitched at seeing Jaune barely bothered by the temperature.

"Huh, I hadn't noticed." Saying that, he didn't even notice the glare coming from Weiss under three layers of sheets bundled around herself like a cloak.

"R-really." Blake as well began half heartedly glaring at him and looking him over. Eyes latching on to the hoody, and glancing back to the few thin blankets she wrapped around herself.

"Mhmm, guess this hoody was worth all that cereal." Shrugging, Jaune pat one of the packages he had. "So, I got a package from my family. Talking about wanting to make sure I would be-"

"J-Jaune, wh-what would it take to...borrow that hoodie?" Leaning over the table, Weiss was staring at him with a twitch.

"Oh, well if you're feeling that cold then go ahead. Just try and get it back to me when you can. And wash it if you spill something on it." Pulling off the hoodie, he held it out.

Once it was held out, both Yang and Weiss reached out for it and began tugging on it towards each other. Not even sparking, just snarling at each other. Seeing that, Pyrrha looked over at Jaune. Gulping at seeing him with just a t-shirt on, she began to scoot close to him on one side. With Ruby doing the same on his other side after noticing what Pyrrha was doing.

"N-now that's no good Jaune. I-I guess I'll just need to stay close to you until you can find something to wrap yourself up in." Glancing side to side, Pyrrha was blushing brightly.

"Y-yeah. With how cold it is, it would be pretty bad if my fellow team leader got sick." Blushing lightly, Ruby leaned to the side to frown at Pyrrha for a moment.

"Oh, it's fine. My mom sent me a new home made hoodie. She was already working on it, and hearing how cold things were supposed to be sent it and a few other things." Opening the puffed up package, Jaune pulled out a black and grey hoodie with his yellow symbol on it. One many times his size. "Huh, guess she decided to make it extra extra big. Ah well."

Sticking close to him, Pyrrha and Ruby were both easily fit inside the knit hoodie alongside Jaune. Both letting out sighs after a few moments of no longer feeling the cold. Wrapping Jaune into a hug from both sides, much to the blonde's confusion. Looking between them, he turned back to the others. Finding Weiss and Yang continuing to fight over his hoodie. Lie and Nora bundled together under the blankets and sheets from their room. Blake nowhere to be found.

"Uh, guys. What's going on?" As he asked that, he felt someone slip under the sweater and sit in his lap.

"Shh, less talk more warm." Popping her head out of the oversized neck of the hoodie, Blake began purring.

Lines of Succession: The Hardest Part
Rufus Winchester knocks on the door to Jaune's office. Jaune quietly says "enter", and the old politician opens the door and enters. He shuts it behind him.

Jaune is sitting behind his desk, staring at his computer screen. As he has been for the last hour. Nothing is written. There's just a picture of a dark haired woman.

Rufus: "Your Majesty?"

Jaune: "I..." sighs "Captain Arathorn lost some troops to a White Fang ambush... Sergeant Mary Walker is one of them. She was a police officer before she was recruited into the Royal Guard... And she's dead."

Rufus: "I see."

Jaune: "And... And she's dead, and... And I have to write to her family and explain why she's dead... And I don't know... I don't know what to write. What to say. I-I mean... I'm supposed to tell them she was brave and she was selfless and she served her country and... And I didn't know her at all! I feel like... Like I'm lying. And... And I don't know how I can do that..."

Rufus walks to Jaune's side, and rests a hand on his shoulder.

Rufus: "Politics is... Complicated. Being a leader, moreso. The worst politicians and people think that the truth is whatever they want it to be. Me? I stayed in this job by realizing there is a truth, and there are lies... But there are many viewpoints of the truth, many of which are equally valid."

He took a breath.

Rufus: "It is true that war is horrible and terrible. It is something politicians have to tell their people is worthy of their sacrifice, their blood, their sweat. It is something veterans must tell their people was worthwhile. That their loved ones will never come home was worth something. Meant something. To make that pain have meaning... Because in the end, that's all you can do."

Jaune: "... Is it true though?"

Rufus: snort "When it comes to wars between men, or Faunus? It depends. Sometimes it was a noble, worthy sacrifice for the greater good. Most of the time, men killing men or Faunus is a worthless exercise. But warring against the Grimm? That is always a noble sacrifice. The Grimm care nothing for politics, they have no greed, they do not lie. They only want our destruction. And the simple truth is? For all of us to live... Some of us have to die. But because of that sacrifice, we go on. So their deaths are never senseless, or wasted."

Jaune: "... It's not much comfort."

Rufus: "No. It is not... But the small comforts can let people go on. That's your job as king. To give them hope to keep going... And to remember that no matter how terrible the pain is... It is worth something. That will let them fight on, and make that hope into a reality."

Silence falls. Jaune keeps staring at the screen. Rufus clears his throat.

Rufus: "If you want, I can get someone to-"

Jaune: "No... No. I'll do this one myself... Thank you, sir."

Rufus: "... You're welcome, Your Majesty."

- - -

Just had to get this out.

What's better than 1 heater? 2 heaters of course! the teams force Jaune and Yang to sit together so they can get double the heat.

1/ An idea I got from listening to 1 hour of Dagothwave on repeat, After Dagoth dies he uses one final spell to escape death, his soul ended up in remnant and it attached itself to Jaune, fortunately for Jaune the spell Dagoth used was not complete so the body snatching failed but unfortunately for Jaune Dagoth is now anchored to him, now Jaune has to put up with a running commentary from meme Dagoth who keeps calling him Nerevar.

2/ Grandma Artoria lost her sword (Merlin nicked it again) only for Jaune to run into Merlin setting up another Sword in the Stone scam, Merlin being a little shit that he is tricks Jaune into pulling the sword, he also gives Jaune Avalon so Artoria doesn't kill him, due to the lack of training Jaune doesn't really know how to hold back his sword attacks so he's constantly doing things that force people to redraw the maps.

3/ Due to Warp shenanigans (damn you Tzeentch) the Lion ends up on Remnant and runs into kid Jaune, Jaune somehow convinces the Lion to take him on as a squire, fast forward to Beacon, the Jaune that enters is a swordmaster that can give the Lion a run for his money, he's also picked up the Lions methods of war, a master strategist, tactician and a big supporter of over the top warcrimes the likes of witch remnant has never seen.

It had been a week since winter hit beacon, three since the heating went on the fritz, one since a cold snap dropped the temperature even further. For many, it was rather miserable and most did not have clothes that would actually keep themselves warm
Didn't Weiss say Aura kept people warm?

Didn't Weiss say Aura kept people warm?
Maybe, I'm not entirely sure. Though that would need to rely on Aura being consistent enough, which it might or not be. I'm not going to do a big search about all that for a little snippet. If it was intended to be as part of something larger, or if I wanted to rewrite it, then I'd probably rework that bit. Maybe something about a possible ice dust leakage into what should be a heating system as there's strong winds outside in the middle of winter. There's possibilities.

Every time Rufus Winchester gets mentioned I keep imagining he's a former huntsmen and his teammates were named Ron, Kim, and Wade.

Well he is a former Huntsman. He just used it to become a lawyer and then a politician. He was good at being a Hunter Captain, in command of Hunter teams. But yeah, that could work as a nice reference.

While digging through the attic at his family home, kid Jaune finds Great Grandma Mommy Salami's Spell Book and decides to be a Mage-Knight, he cast terrifying forbidden magic like Testicular Torsion, Instant Brazilian Wax, Mend Buttcrack and Power Word: Scrunch among many others, Oz is no help as he's getting nam flashbacks at all the horrific spells Salem cast on him when they were having a domestic, thus Jaunes rein of terror goes unopposed, Salam thinks it's great fun and sends him more spells from her personal collection.

Last edited:
A few more random ideas:

-Coco Adel has some unfortunate family history, stuff she tries to overcome. Her grandmother was a collaborator with Atlas during the Great War.

This is in reference to the real Coco Vadel. Yeah, she invented the most popular perfume in history, but she also collaborated with the Nazis and the puppet French Vichy government and only avoided jail because she was friends with Churchill.

Oops.

-On that same note, May Zedong might have similar stigma but worse if her grandfather was a mass murdering dictator with a God complex.

-Nana Arturia visits Beacon, and is quite dissatisfied with the combat instruction! She has her beloved Jaune and his little friends attend a class she runs for supplementary training, God help them.

-Beacon may have guest lecturers show up on a wide variety of subjects. Ranging from General Ironwood talking about leadership to Qrow giving a lecture on the best martinis. Get creative with the guest lecturers!

-Coco Adel has some unfortunate family history, stuff she tries to overcome. Her grandmother was a collaborator with Atlas during the Great War.

This is in reference to the real Coco Vadel. Yeah, she invented the most popular perfume in history, but she also collaborated with the Nazis and the puppet French Vichy government and only avoided jail because she was friends with Churchill.

Oops.

-On that same note, May Zedong might have similar stigma but worse if her grandfather was a mass murdering dictator with a God complex.
These two ideas kinda remind me of this bit from Justified.

Velvet introducing her team to team jnpr.
Velvet:-and their team leader Jaune Arc.
Coco: oh shit face
Velvet: this is yatsu, fox, and our fabulous team leader Coco Adel!
Jaune: Adel? Where have I heard that name before?

While digging through the attic at his family home, kid Jaune finds Great Grandma Mommy Salami's Spell Book and decides to be a Mage-Knight, he cast terrifying forbidden magic like Testicular Torsion, Instant Brazilian Wax, Mend Buttcrack and Power Word: Scrunch among many others, Oz is no help as he's getting nam flashbacks at all the horrific spells Salem cast on him when they were having a domestic, thus Jaunes rein of terror goes unopposed, Salam thinks it's great fun and sends him more spells from her personal collection.

I remember a thread of people coming up with these fucked up and meme spells and I came up with a fucked up one.

Transmute semen to botflies.

I've been thinking.

We've had a whole bunch of fun, loving, wholesome shorts in this thread. We even have some sexy ones over on the other thread.

But... Why not have some of the opposite? Having funny and cheerful shorts is great. But having some angst and feels, some proper depression causers, will help diversify the range of stuff we have. There's nothing wrong with a "Sad-Jaune" story every now and then.

If no one wants to do it, that's fine. It's ultimately up to the people who write these shorts. Not like I can force them. All I can do is give suggestions and every now and then write truly mediocre garbage.

I may try my hand at it soon enough.

I've been thinking.

We've had a whole bunch of fun, loving, wholesome shorts in this thread. We even have some sexy ones over on the other thread.

But... Why not have some of the opposite? Having funny and cheerful shorts is great. But having some angst and feels, some proper depression causers, will help diversify the range of stuff we have. There's nothing wrong with a "Sad-Jaune" story every now and then.

If no one wants to do it, that's fine. It's ultimately up to the people who write these shorts. Not like I can force them. All I can do is give suggestions and every now and then write truly mediocre garbage.

I may try my hand at it soon enough.

Very well. Here are some more serious prompts:

-After Tai sacrifices himself to save Vale and Beacon, Jaune has to pick up the pieces with Yang and Ruby.

-After the Fall of Beacon, Jaune and Yang work out their grief and pain together.

-Ruby breaks in the Ever After, but this time Jaune doesn't let her run off.

-Jaune's parents are killed in a White Fang attack. Blake tries to atone for it while helping him.

-Instead of Pyrrha dying, she is maimed and crippled after Vytal. How do her friends help her?

-Cardin tries to apologize to Velvet but she rejects him. She is then kidnapped by Human Supremacists, and Cardin is the one with the best chance to find her.

Dark idea.

When Ruby finds out about Penny being a machine with a soul she goes snooping and finds out about the aura transfer machine and goes nuts.

She decides to kidnap Penny and steal the machine so she can try to rip her mom out of the afterlife and stuff her into a modified Penny body.

Dark idea.

When Ruby finds out about Penny being a machine with a soul she goes snooping and finds out about the aura transfer machine and goes nuts.

She decides to kidnap Penny and steal the machine so she can try to rip her mom out of the afterlife and stuff her into a modified Penny body.
Ozpin and Salem work together to stop her out fear she will attract the Gods and neither are prepared for that scenario. Salem is also invested because she is seeing a part of herself in Ruby in the whole reviving a loved one thing and has no desire to someone else be damned with her fate.

Last edited:
Dark idea.

Somehow I doubt Ruby would go that route nor would she even know where to start.

Somehow I doubt Ruby would go that route nor would she even know where to start.
Oh I know it's wildly OOC.

And the idea is she's crazy. This is 100% doomed to fail. People aren't trying to stop her because they're worried she's going to succeed they're trying to to stop her because she's going to murder amber, murder Penny, destroy millions in tech cost and hurt a lot of people in the process.

This version of Ruby has wild attachment issues, worse than yang. But since her mom was dead and not missing she tried being close to her in the ways she could.

Copying her dream and cloak wearing. But now that she THINKS there's a path forward that crazy has come roaring to the front.

The Old Gods
The Human Supremacist's have their headquarters hidden underneath a taxidermy shop.
So a different idea for this. Cardin is a god.

*Cardin stepped into the shop, his rage making him seem bigger than normal*

Cardin: you. What do you think you're doing?

Racist 1: what's it look like? We're huntin animals boy!

*No wait. Velvet is sure of it. Cardin is getting bigger. Is subtle and slow but she can also see what look like tree roots growing along his armor. And his hair is growing as well*

Cardin: This is no hunt boy. This is idiots acting out.

Racist: well who the H-E-Double-Fuck made you the expert?

*The idiots haven't noticed (too busy heckling and being drunk) but Cardin has grown so large he has to stoop to fit inside the room. His armor now looking like it was completely made of old gnarled wood (and covered in a array of moss and flowers) and a cloak made of furred hide (that velvet is sure wasn't there before) attached to the pauldrons of his armor*

Cardin(?): who made me an expert? I did you fool! When I hunted every creature under the sun and moon! From man to unimaginable monsters.

Racist 3: boss I think this guy is crazy.

*Another change seems to come over Cardin. A large pair of deer antlers made of wood and covered in moss burst out of his head and a mighty beard grows out of his face*

Cardin(?): But if you truly desire a hunt then who am I to deny you?

*Velvet sees it out of the corner of her eyes. That bear statue just twitched.*

Racist leader: what the fu-

*All the creatures even the skinless ones stand up, flesh mending and expanding as even the smallest of rabbits turns into a mighty beast*

Cardin(?): rejoice "mighty hunters" for today you join the Wylde Hunt.

*Briefly the surroundings take on the appearance of a massive and misty Forrest before reality seems to snap and suddenly it's just Cardin(?) and Velvet alone in a empty shop*

Velvet: I don't...you? You're the father of faunus? Cardin Winchester is the Erlking?! You hate faunus!

Cardin(?): I do not hate but I hold a grudge. I brought faunus forth into the Forrest and they left me for the remnants of man! Not a single one of my children stayed.

*Cardin starts to change back*

Cardin: and worst of all. Even now if I offered to take them back into my home I know they will reject me.

*Velvet doesn't know what to say*

Cardin: let's go. Your team must be worried.

Cowboys of Remnant 2
Two years later...

- - -

Ruby Rose trudged around Beacon in tears. First her older sister had abandoned her right as they touched down, then some snooty white-haired girl had blown her up with some Dust and yelled at her, and now... Now...!

"Now I'm lost!" Ruby wailed, looking around her surroundings. There were some old stone stables painted in white and green, the scent of horse and manure in the air. There were some paddocks and fences around, and a gorgeous view of Vale proper.

She hadn't thought Beacon would have stables, but she stood corrected. She sighed and bowed her head.

"Not where I want to be," she muttered.

A few notes from a guitar filled the air. She blinked and walked over to one of the stables. She looked in curiously.

She met a horse: A rich, chestnut mare with inquisitive eyes. Ruby yelped as the horse whinnied at her.

"Easy, Orleans, easy," a male voice said easily. She looked over in the other stable. A blond boy, two years older than her, sat on a hay bale. He was thumbing his guitar. He wore a black wide brimmed stetson on his head. He wore old white armor over a black shirt and dark blue pants. His boots were rugged and worn, but tough leather. A revolver hung from his belt on his right side, while a sword hung from the left. A well woven blue and white poncho hung over his shoulders. He looked at her with intense blue eyes.

Ruby flushed.

"Well miss, you appear to be lost," the young man said with a polite smile.

"I am, on my first day here at Beacon," Ruby sighed. The young man snapped his fingers and put his guitar aside.

"Oh, damn. I forgot all about that," he muttered. He stood up. "Begging your pardon, miss. I can get you right to Orientation, don't you worry."

"You can?!" Ruby gasped happily. The boy nodded.

"Sure can," he said. "My name's Jaune Arc, what's yours?"

"R-Ruby Rose!" Ruby said cheerfully. "It-It's great to meet you!"

Jaune smiled.

"Same."

He hopped over the stable door, and walked over to his horse. He patted her as she neighed in frustration.

"Now now, Orly, I'll be back here soon, promise," Jaune said. Orly huffed but seemed appeased. He looked over at Ruby and offered his arm.

"Shall we, Miss Rose?"

"O-Oh! Yes!" Ruby stuttered, blushing hard. "Um... Wh-Where do I...?"

Jaune reached out and took her hands. He gently put them around his bicep and smiled.

"O-Oh," Ruby mumbled, "Um..."

"I know it's a bit old fashioned, Miss Rose, but it will ensure you don't get lost," Jaune said with a smile.

"N-No! I really appreciate it!" Ruby said. "I-I like old fashioned! Like... Um... That revolver! It's a Smith and Winston 686!"

"Yes miss," Jaune nodded, guiding Ruby up the path.

"And that shotgun! A Winchester 76! They're classics! Any mechashift options?"

"'Fraid not," Jaune said, "They're a little too finicky for my taste. Sides, I switch to my sword if I run outta rounds."

"But-But mechashift weapons are the coolest!" Ruby insisted. Jaune nodded.

"I'm sure yours is amazing, Miss Rose. But dust and grime gets in the works and suddenly, your gun can't shift into anything else."

Ruby pouted up at him.

"Maybe if they do it wrong, but I can do it right!"

Jaune nodded and chuckled quietly.

"I'd be happy to see you do it, Miss Rose."

"You can just call me Ruby, you know," Ruby insisted. "I-I mean... If we're friends, and all? Er... If we can be friends?"

Jaune smiled.

"I'd be happy to be your friend, Miss Rose."

"Ruby!"

"That may take some getting used to, Miss Rose."

Ruby groaned.

They made it to the orientation hall, a large auditorium filled with chattering students. Ruby beamed.

"Oh, thank you Jaune! Uh... Um... So will I get to see you around?"

Jaune nodded.

"I expect so. You're a new student, ain'tcha?"

"Yes!"

Jaune beamed and winked.

"So am I."

Ruby gasped.

"You... You are?!"

"Yes miss." Jaune shook his head. "I near plum forgot it was orientation day! Thanks for that!"

"Wha..." Ruby gaped. "Have you been living in the stable? How long?"

"Well... I had to take the long way with Orly. I wasn't going to leave her behind," Jaune said. He then shrugged. "About two weeks?"

He smiled.

"Hey, hunting's all done outdoors, right?"

Ruby blinked, then giggled.

"Oh geez... You're... You're kind of weird, aren't you Jaune?"

Jaune shrugged.

"If you say so, Miss Rose. But would it be all right for us to be weird together?"

Ruby beamed.

"Yeah!"

"Works for me..."

- - -

Jaune after a few cattle drives is a bit less blinded by romance and a bit more wild in some ways. But he's still Jaune Arc. Still a bit of a dork. Much better with a gun than a sword.

"Oh geez... You're... You're kind of weird, aren't you Jaune?"

Jaune shrugged.

"If you say so, Miss Rose. But would it be all right for us to be weird together?"

Ruby beamed.

"Yeah!"

"Works for me..."

- - -

Jaune after a few cattle drives is a bit less blinded by romance and a bit more wild in some ways. But he's still Jaune Arc. Still a bit of a dork. Much better with a gun than a sword.
If he doesn't have a suave Texan accent giving him that cowboy twang that brings all the mares to the barn, I'LL PROTEST!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back