• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Jaune Arc's Fantasy Parents
Honestly? I read one or two fics where Tifa and Cloud were Jaune's parents. In addition to adopting Denzel, they had EIGHT more kids and went by Cloud's old clan name, Arc. Jaune still ran off because Tifa and Cloud wanted him to grow up and have a nice, normal life.

Naturally once they learn he's in Vale, they set out to go bring him home. But then Jaune gives them a call... And asks his parents for help during the Breach.

While Grimm was pouring in through the Breach and RWBY and JNPR are fighting furiously.

Weiss: "OK... We need help. Anyone have any ideas?"

Juane:" Yes. I called Mom and Dad for back up. They should be here soon. Dad said he was bringing the heavy artillery."

Yang: "Your parents? How good could your old man be in a fight? Beacon is burning!"

There is the roar of a motorcycle. A blond man wielding a gigantic sword with a beautiful brunette woman behind him drive into the fray.

Cloud Strife drives his motorcycle up a ramp and lands on a Grimm. He then leaps up and slices through fifty Grimm without breaking a sweat

Tifa slid off the back of the cycle and kicked and punched through fifty Grimm before ending it with a Final Heaven to knock one more Grimm up into the air: Which Cloud cut through with a Climhazzard.

They landed and turned to face the Hunters-in-Training.

Everyone's jaws are to the floor... Aside from Jaune, who smiles gratefully.

Jaune: "Mom! Dad!"

Tifa: "JAUNE ARC STRIFE! You are in SO much trouble... After I hug you!" She did so. Cloud hugged his other side "I love you!"

Jaune: sigh "I know. I love you both too."

As the Arcs reunited, a massive shadow fell over the battlefield. Grimm paused, feeling something in the air... before a hail of cannonfire began to rain down from the massive airship. A good 80% of that was coming from a single man on a hanging observation deck; shots of pure energy pulsing from the sleek futuristic cannon grafted in place of his right arm.

Barret: "COME GET SOME YOU BONE-HEADED SONS OF BITCHES! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

A flight of Griffons rose to take the fight to the newly arrived air power... only for a trio of blurs, one green and cream, the other crimson and the last russet and trailing flames, launched themselves from the gondala. A trio of shots rang out, and three massive Nevermores that had been stooping at the civilians near the edge of the city dropped; stone dead. The lead griffon was bisected by a massive throwing star; while the trio following it had their necks ripped out at the spine by leonine claws.

Jaune: GASP! "Uncle Barret! Aunt Yuffie! Uncle Cid, Red, Vincent!"

Cid: "Thanks for that, kid!"

So, how would you fit these worlds together?

Jaune Arc's Fantasy Parents 2
Weiss: quietly "That woman has had eight children?! And she looks... Like that?!"

Tifa: smiles gently "Why thank you, Miss Schnee! That's very kind!"

Weiss: blush

Yang: "Holy shit... So cool..." Stares at Jaune "How in the hell are you like this with parents this cool?!"

Cloud: "We wanted him to grow up and enjoy a peaceful life... But since that's not what he wanted, I suppose we'll have to train him properly."

Tifa: "Yes." Grim look.

Jaune: "I... I'm sorry, Mom and Dad. I am sorry for running away... But I'm not sorry for pursuing my dream."

Cloud: "... I suppose I can understand that."

Barret: "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do."

Tifa: "If this is what you want, Jaune? We'll respect it."

Jaune: "Thank you Mom, Dad... Everyone."

Tifa: "Now..." All smiles "Who wants to see embarrassing baby pictures of Jaune~? I've got plenty~!"

Jaune: "MOMMMMM!"

Jaune Arc's Fantasy Parents 3
Ruby hears Jaune talking to someone in the library. She peeks at him from behind a bookshelf. He's talking with a pretty woman with brown hair, green eyes, in a pink dress, red jacket, boots, and her hair up in a pink bow.

Jaune: "Are you sure though?"

Woman: "Very sure. You'll be fine, Jaune. I know you will be."

Jaune: "Thanks, Aunt Aerith."

Aerith: smiles "Don't worry about it."

Ruby: "Oh, hey Jaune! Hey... Uh...?"

Jaune: "Hm? Oh! This is my Aunt Aerith! Aunt Aerith, this is Ruby, my best friend!"

Ruby: "Oh, uh, hey!" Big smile

Aerith: warm smile "Hello dear. I was just checking up on my nephew here."

Ruby: "Wow. I didn't even see you come in!"

Aerith: "Oh, I come and go where I'm needed. Also?" She hugs Ruby

Ruby: "Ah? Uh... Oh... Hugs are nice...?"

Aerith: "Your mother Summer loves you and is very, very proud of you, Ruby. You and Yang both. Can you tell her that for me, Ruby?"

Ruby tears up, and she doesn't know why. She hugs Aerith back and sniffles.

Ruby: "I... I-I will... I will..."

Aerith: "Oh, I'm sorry sweetie. Jaune? You have a handkerchief?"

Jaune: "Yeah."

Aerith lets Ruby go. Jaune wipes her eyes with the handkerchief and hugs her too.

Jaune: "Hey, you okay?"

Ruby: "Y-Yeah... Hey, wait a minute, how do you know my mom-?"

Aerith is gone. Ruby gapes and looks around.

Ruby: "Huh?! What?! Where?!"

Jaune: "Ah, yeah... She does that..."

Cardin and Velvet Idea
- - -

It had taken Cardin longer than he would have liked to find time to corner Velvet when she was alone. He really could only blame himself for that: Ever since he'd bullied her, her team had stayed clustered around her. She'd stuck with them, and when he was around, they got even more protective: Just glaring at him the whole time.

It really was pure luck he'd seen her photographing things in the Beacon Gardens. He hadn't been able to muster up the courage to go up to her right away, he was too surprised. He'd hid immediately and watched her. When he'd finally pulled himself together, Coco had shown up and they'd walked off together.

So, for a week, whenever he could, he'd staked out the gardens, hoping she would show up.

He knew it was verging on the obsessive, maybe even stalker-like behavior, but... He had to.

He watched near a pillar, trying to focus on his homework, to look like he wasn't anxious about anything. He kept looking up, then down.

The image of a predator being nervous around a bunny entered his mind. He didn't laugh.

After who knows how long, he looked up... And saw her. She was walking gracefully through the garden, her photography gear with her. She stopped in front of a bed of red and yellow flowers, and began to set up. He waited, gritting his teeth.

Finally, she was so fully set up that even an Aura-unlocked person couldn't run away too quickly. He got up, and dusted himself off. He took a few deep, calming breaths.

He slowly walked towards her. He knew her hearing would pick him up almost immediately, but he kept his pace even and calm.

She looked up, locked her eyes on him. They went wide, and he held up his arms.

"Wait! Wait, please," he said, "I'm... I'm not going to hurt you or anything. I promise."

She still backed away from him, her ears twitching. He took a step forward, and she took one back.

"What do you want?" She demanded, quiet but angry, with her eyes were fixated on his. He opened his mouth, and tried to start. Nothing came out. He tried again... Still nothing.

"I..."

She scowled and turned away.

"I'm leaving," Velvet stated, reaching for her camera.

"I'm sorry!"

She froze. He took a deep breath and continued.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for bullying you. I'm sorry for insulting you. I'm sorry for grabbing your ears and... And everything," he said. "It was wrong."

She was silent. She slowly turned to stare at him, still distrustful.

"... What do you want?" She asked. Cardin shook his head, and sighed.

"I... I don't want anything. I just... I wanted to say it. I... I had to say it. I wanted to say it sooner, but... Well..." He shrugged. "I kind of made that impossible."

"Why?" Velvet asked, blinking. Cardin shook his head.

"Does it matter?"

"Of course it matters," Velvet stated, "If you... If you want me to think you're sincere... If you want me to believe you, you have to explain."

Cardin sighed heavily. He looked down at the ground, then back up at Velvet.

"Okay," he said. "Can... Can we do it... Somewhere more private-?"

"N-No," Velvet said. He winced. She winced back.

"I mean..." She sighed. "Just... Sit here, okay?" She patted a stone bench near the flower bed. He walked over to it, slowly, calmly. He didn't want to spook her, then he might never get another chance like this.

He sat down on the bench, feeling a bit like a kid in timeout as she stood over him with a frown.

"Well? Why?" She asked.

He sighed. He kept his eyes on the ground.

"... My grandpa... My uncles... My mom's family... They all got killed by Faunus, most in the Revolution," he said, "I grew up hearing about what they did. What they faced. What they fought. My grandpa Absolom... He was seen as a mass murderer by Faunus. And Faunus kids in my schools... They called me the same. So did Faunus teachers. If they were all going to hate me... Why shouldn't I hate back?"

She was silent. He found it in himself to keep going.

"I talked to my parents after... After stuff happened in Forever Fall," he said. "Professor Goodwitch had told them what I'd done. All the bullying."

Velvet's feet shifted.

"What did they do?" She asked.

Cardin sighed.

"First... They smacked me around for being such an asshole," he mumbled, "And then they told me that... Everything aside? They didn't hate Faunus. They hated White Fang, because they're the ones who killed Grandpa. They hated the Revolutionaries for what they did, but... Not Faunus in general. Especially not ones who had never done anything to them... Or me."

He shook his head.

"Look... You don't have to forgive me, okay? But I... I had to apologize. Because... Because they're right. You didn't do anything to me. Just because I'm a Winchester doesn't mean I get to be a prick. I should be more than some bully."

She was silent. He very slowly pushed himself up to his feet.

"That's... That's all I have to say," he said quietly. He turned to go.

"... Wait."

He paused and looked back at her. She frowned, but it was a compassionate frown.

"I... My grandpa, well..." She clutched at her arm nervously, "He told me about the Revolution. How... How Faunus did terrible things to humans, sometimes. How he was glad we got our freedom, but... That some humans had every right to hate us back."

Cardin blinked. Velvet sighed.

"He told me... He told me to not judge people by anything but their character. And that people who realize when they're wrong, and apologize, with no expectation of a reward? Those... Those are good people."

She smiled softly at him.

"I... I just wanted you to know? I do forgive you, Cardin. And I-I think you're a good person."

She really had chosen a good place for photography. The lighting, the shadows... It all seemed to make her smile, skin, and eyes glow.

His cheeks turned red.

"Uh... Yeah, well... Thanks," he muttered, turning away.

"I'll uh, I'll tell my team you're okay now," she added.

Cardin nodded.

"That's good. Thanks."

"And uh..." She swallowed. "If you'd like to... To talk? Any time? I... I'm here every Wednesday same time. If... If you'd like?"

Cardin very slowly nodded and shrugged as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I... I guess?"

Velvet smiled.

"Great! Great..."

Cardin turned and began to walk away. It had gone better than he could have hoped for. She'd forgiven him, and that had felt so much better than he thought it could have.

Now she wanted to see him more often? What the hell was that about?

Still. Maybe he'd take her up on her offer. Just so she wouldn't complain to her teammates about him being a jerk, or something.

The last thing he needed was to get in more trouble.

Yeah. That's all it was.

- - -

Because Tsundere!Cardin is Best!Cardin!

Last edited:
I need an omake where, Pyrrha, who is secretly into those Mistralian manga novels, becomes convinced that Cardin's bullying of Jaune is his tsundereish attempts at showing romantic interest in Jaune.

Blake seems more like she would be the yaoi fangirl, if I'm being honest.

Heh, maybe she and Adam broke up, not just because he was a genocidal maniac, but also because he wasn't gonna do any gay stuff for her.

"You won't get away with kidnapping me and Ren, Adam! Blake, and the others will find us!"

"That's precisely what you should be worried about, human. Here, let me show you the diary she left behind, and bear witness to what was born from that depraved mind. She had plans for me, and likely for you and your friend now as well...."

Bad Kitty
"You won't get away with kidnapping me and Ren, Adam! Blake, and the others will find us!"

"That's precisely what you should be worried about, human. Here, let me show you the diary she left behind, and bear witness to what was born from that depraved mind. She had plans for me, and likely for you and your friend now as well...."

That, or her yaoi fangirl shipping tendencies piss Jaune off enough he loses his temper.

Jaune: "Damnit you horny kitty, I've had enough!" Yanks her onto his lap, and spanks her "BAD KITTY! BAD KITTY! BAD! BAD! BAD!"

Blake: "NYAAAAAHHHH~!"

Jaune: "Now... Are you going to be bad any more?"

Blake: "... N-No..."

Jaune: "Are you going to be good?"

Blake: "Y-Yes...!"

Jaune: Hugs her "It's okay... It's okay... Sorry..."

Jaune is remembering how he had to spank some of his younger sisters... And Blake isn't.

Jaune: "All right? I didn't want to do that. I'm sorry... If you want to report me-"

Blake: "N-NO! No! Not at all! I... Um... I did need that... And uh... I might need it again."

Jaune: "... Huh?"

Blake: "As... Reinforcement. To... To not do bad things anymore."

Jaune: "... I mean... Okay... If you think it can help, I... I'm willing to do it."

Blake: "Oh, it will."

Later...

Blake: "Jaune, I-I need to be punished again! For being a bad kitty!"

Jaune: sigh "Again? I'm sure it wasn't that bad-"

Blake: "It was! The worst!"

Jaune: "Fine. Hop on."

Pyrrha: "Jaune! I've also... Been a bad girl! You-You should spank me, too!"

Jaune: "No you haven't, Pyrrha."

Pyrrha: "... I lied about being bad!"

Jaune: sigh

That, or her yaoi fangirl shipping tendencies piss Jaune off enough he loses his temper.

Jaune: "Damnit you horny kitty, I've had enough!" Yanks her onto his lap, and spanks her "BAD KITTY! BAD KITTY! BAD! BAD! BAD!"

Blake: "NYAAAAAHHHH~!"

Jaune: "Now... Are you going to be bad any more?"

Blake: "... N-No..."

Jaune: "Are you going to be good?"

Blake: "Y-Yes...!"

Jaune: Hugs her "It's okay... It's okay... Sorry..."

Jaune is remembering how he had to spank some of his younger sisters... And Blake isn't.

Jaune: "All right? I didn't want to do that. I'm sorry... If you want to report me-"

Blake: "N-NO! No! Not at all! I... Um... I did need that... And uh... I might need it again."

Jaune: "... Huh?"

Blake: "As... Reinforcement. To... To not do bad things anymore."

Jaune: "... I mean... Okay... If you think it can help, I... I'm willing to do it."

Blake: "Oh, it will."

Later...

Blake: "Jaune, I-I need to be punished again! For being a bad kitty!"

Jaune: sigh "Again? I'm sure it wasn't that bad-"

Blake: "It was! The worst!"

Jaune: "Fine. Hop on."

Pyrrha: "Jaune! I've also... Been a bad girl! You-You should spank me, too!"

Jaune: "No you haven't, Pyrrha."

Pyrrha: "... I lied about being bad!"

Jaune: sigh
Well in Blake's defense… she probably did do something she shouldn't have. Likely connected to White Fang.

Team RWY should just do it like in Couer's fics and dog pile Blake whenever someone mentions White Fang to make sure she doesn't run after them.

After the Fall: Jaune and Neo
- - -

Reclaiming Vale was an arduous process. But before they went after Cinder, Ruby decided they needed to do as much as they could for Vale. Jaune had agreed whole heartedly, as had Ren, Nora, and Yang.

They'd fought like hell, and accomplished a lot in the last few days: They'd restarted Vale's automated defenses, cleansing them of the virus Cinder had uploaded. That alone had shifted the tide, driving the Grimm out slowly but surely. They'd killed that fucking Dragon: Not easily, and Ruby had to unleash her Silver Eyes again at great strain, but they'd killed the damn thing. That had let them reclaim Beacon, and the CCT was under repair.

Pyrrha had been half-avenged. It wasn't much in Jaune's mind, but it was a start.

Atlas had finally returned and provided reinforcements. And their exploits were being spread far and wide to give hope to everyone to further beat back the Grimm.

So now, Jaune and his friends were on search and rescue patrol. Going through the now mostly-Grimm cleared areas of the city to look for survivors, or slaughter remaining Grimm.

Jaune was in the warehouse district with Ruby. She had taken off to scout ahead, while Jaune swept through the mostly empty storage places. He was on guard, eyes peeled as he swept through carefully. His ears were alert for anything, a snarl, a growl, a cry for help...

He heard... Beeps?

Jaune cautiously entered a warehouse that had weathered the invasion almost perfectly. He walked through a maze of crates and boxes, spotting a faint light near the far wall.

He turned a corner... And saw a small, curvy woman in familiar clothing, sitting on a bedspread with her back to him. Her head was bowed as she texted on a Scroll, over and over again.

Neo, he thought. He held up his sword and slowly approached her. He knew she was incredibly dangerous. Hell, she might just be luring him into a trap to knife him.

He walked up right behind her, sword at the ready. He looked over her shoulder at her Scroll screen.

Are you there, Roman?

Where are you?

It's Neo. Please come get me.

Are you there, Roman?

Where are you?"

It's Neo. Please come get me.

Over and over and over. Jaune watched her for a while, as she robotically tapped out the texts and sent them. She slowly looked back over her shoulder at him, staring blankly.

She was filthy. Thin. And so small...

He sucked in a breath.

"... Roman Torchwick... Your boss, right?"

Neo didn't move.

"He's not coming back. He's dead," Jaune stated, more bitter than he meant to but... He still remembered finding Pyrrha's broken Milo up on the top of Beacon Tower.

Neo stared at him, and slowly nodded. She tapped out something on the screen.

I know that.

"Then... Then why are you...?" Jaune asked, but trailed off. The look of... Emptiness in her eyes was so haunting. She tapped out another message.

I'm a discarded tool. I have no master. So there's nothing to do but wait.

"Wait for what?"

Neo was silent. Jaune sucked in a deep breath. Slowly, he reached out and rested a hand on her shoulder. She flinched, but didn't do anything else.

"No... No. You can't give up," he said softly.

He knew what this woman had done. He knew what she was, and yet...

I already have, she typed out.

Jaune licked his lips.

"You... You said you're a tool, right?"

She stared at him. Jaune nodded.

"Then... Then you're my tool now. You're mine. I'm stealing you. You... You're mine now," he stated firmly.

Neo stared, uncomprehendingly at first. She tapped out another message.

Why would you want me?

"Because Cinder's still out there," Jaune stated, "And we both want her dead."

Neo stared for a time, silent... Before she smiled. It was both heartwarmingly innocent and yet terrifying.

"Work for me... And we both get what we want," he said firmly.

He reached out his hand to her. She stared at it for a moment, before she grasped it. He pulled her up. She clumsily clambered onto his back, and he helped her up.

She snuggled against his warmth, and he tolerated it despite how bad she smelled. She was very warm, and despite waiting to die, she still had soft curves-

Nope. not gonna think about that, Jaune thought.

He carried Neo out of the warehouse, just in time for Ruby to appear out of a cloud of petals.

"Jaune, where were you? I was about to call-" She hefted up Crimson Crescent, "Jaune?! How-What-?!"

"It's okay," he said quickly, "It's okay... She's on our side now. Sort of."

He hoped...

- - -

"Because Cinder's still out there," Jaune stated, "And we both want her dead."

Neo stared for a time, silent... Before she smiled. It was both heartwarmingly innocent and yet terrifying.

"Work for me... And we both get what we want," he said firmly.

That's its own story idea, right there, and a good one.

And honestly with all the shipping in the fandom... You could easily have fun with that as a bit of meta commentary, for good reason:

Ozpin: "A Silver Eyed Warrior... With a boy with the Arc Aura reserves and an Amp Semblance..."

Glynda: "Ozpin, no. No shipping!"

Ozpin: "But-But super warriors!"

And honestly with all the shipping in the fandom... You could easily have fun with that as a bit of meta commentary, for good reason:

Ozpin: "A Silver Eyed Warrior... With a boy with the Arc Aura reserves and an Amp Semblance..."

Glynda: "Ozpin, no. No shipping!"

Ozpin: "But-But super warriors!"

That would be pretty OP.

I need Weiss and Winter battling over Jaune.

Ozpin the Shipper
That would be pretty OP.

I need Weiss and Winter battling over Jaune.

Ozpin calls Jaune into his office.

Ozpin: "Hello my boy. How are you finding Beacon?"

Jaune: "Oh, uh, great so far, Headmaster! Yup! It's challenging, uh, since-"

Ozpin: "You entered as a civilian with no training and falsified transcripts?"

Jaune: "Yeah, I-... Oh shit-"

Ozpin: "Hahaha! Relax, young man! Do you really think your friends Miss Valkyrie and Mister Ren could attend proper combat schools while living as wandering, homeless orphans? Or that Miss Belladonna had any formal education while she was a terrorist with White Fang? You passed the Initiation, and that's what matters!"

Jaune: "Oh... Oh thank God. So... So I'm not expelled?"

Ozpin: "Not in the slightest! However... I must request a favor."

Jaune: "Well... I mean, sure? I guess?"

Ozpin: "Jaune. It is a terrible shame your family didn't want you to become a Huntsman, because the Arcs have an incredibly powerful trait: Massive Aura reserves, and Semblances that massively increase Aura in general. Indeed, you have more Aura than me despite our considerable age difference!"

Jaune: "Wow, really?"

Ozpin: "Yes. Properly trained, you will become a great Huntsman, of that I have no doubt... But we must look to the future!"

Jaune: "The future?"

Ozpin: nods "Imagine Huntresses like Miss Nikos, Miss Rose, Miss Xiao-Long, Miss Schnee, Professor Goodwitch and Miss Belladonna. Their incredible Semblances and fighting abilities. Imagine if they had massive Aura reserves to boost their abilities. They would be unstoppable."

Jaune: "Oh... Oh! You think my Semblance might let them become even more powerful?"

Ozpin: "Yes! I suspect that it could! Once you unlock it, if my guess is right based on past members of the Arc family, you'll be able to supercharge them and act as both a Healer and an able Support, while also being tough enough to fight up close!"

Jaune: "Wow... I-I could be... I could be a big help?"

Ozpin: "You could be a tremendous help, Jaune! But you're thinking too small. Again, consider the future. What if there were dozens of such Huntsmen and Huntresses with your massive Aura reserves? Raised by kind, loving parents to protect mankind?"

Jaune: "Uh... Well that would be great, Headmaster. Are you asking me to donate my genetic material or something-?"

Ozpin: "No no no, nothing that impersonal, I'm not some Atlasian mad scientist! No, I think the old fashioned way would be best. And given your parents? You'll have no trouble handling it!"

Jaune: "Handling what?"

Ozpin hands over a book. Jaune reads the title.

Jaune: "... 'How to Manage a Harem'?!"

Ozpin: beams "What do you say?"

Jaune: "..."

Five seconds later, Jaune is at the elevator, frantically hitting the call button.

Ozpin: sighs "I see I'll have to be more persuasive..."

Last edited:
Jaune - "I need an adult!"

Ozpin - *Polishes "Oldest Man on Remnant" trophy*

Jaune - A responsible adult!

Jaune: "Sir, do you even have experience with women?"

Ozpin: "I was married.. A few times..."

Jaune: "And...?"

Ozpin: "... Glynda? You're the one desperate to have a child, why don't you take over?"

Jaune: "I-I don't think that's necessary-!"

Glynda: "I'll go to work, Headmaster."

Jaune: "... I need an adult?"

Ozpin: "We are adults."

Jaune: "Clearly, you both are not."

Taiyang: "OZPIN! YOU BASTARD! YOU'RE TRYING TO SET MY DAUGHTERS UP WITH SOME GUY?!"

Jaune: "Oh thank God, someone sane!"

Ozpin: "Yes, actually."

Taiyang: "Are you going to make this boy sleep with my daughters?"

Ozpin: "Not MAKE him-"

Taiyang: "Is he well off?"

Ozpin: "Fairly, yes-"

Taiyang: "Oh thank the Gods!"

Jaune: "Eh?!"

Taiyang: "Hey, you try paying for two superpowered, destructive teenaged girls on a teacher's salary!"

Jaune: "WHAT?! Your daughters are too amazing to just... just... SELL OFF! Let them choose boys who won't vomit on their shoes!"

Taiyang: "Oh? You care about them?"

Jaune: "I'd die before any harm came to them!"

Taiyang: "Well! Good enough for me! Welcome to the family, son-in-law!"

Taiyang: "Hey, you try paying for two superpowered, destructive teenaged girls on a teacher's salary!"

Taiyang - "Do you have any idea of the tab Ruby is running at the bakery on Patch? Or the bookstore, the first of every month she buys out the weapon magazines! Then there's Yang! Do you have any idea what insurance on a motorcycle costs for a teenager, much less a huntress student? Or bail, don't get me started on the bail!"

d7mj8yv-3541aef2-d7ea-4123-ba8c-7e0d4e69d4b5.jpg

Who has ideas for Sun x Weiss? The streetrat and the princess is a classic.

Plus, it would make Blake's head explode.

Jaune and Yang: Confidence
jaune_x_yang_by_aoneko90_d7ccgk1-pre.jpg

Jaune: "Heh... Thanks Yang."

Yang: "Honestly, how have you not figured this out by now? What kind of a man doesn't know how to tie his own tie?"

Jaune: "Well... Maybe it's a man who wants to look into the eyes of a beautiful woman up close."

Yang stops, and stares at him. He blushes, but smiles back. She turns bright red.

Yang: "Maybe... Maybe you should save lines like that for Weiss, h-huh Ladykiller?"

Jaune: "Maybe I want to use them on a girl who might appreciate them more? One... One I really admire, and think would be a lot of fun to go out with?"

Yang: "... Y-You... You're asking me out?"

Jaune: "Yup."

Yang: "Right now? Just like that?"

Jaune: "Just like that."

Yang: "... I-I mean... But... Why?"

Jaune: "Why not? We both care about Ruby. We both like dancing... Does it have to be any more complicated than that?"

Yang: "I... I-I guess not... It's just... Weird, hearing you act so... So suave."

Jaune: smiles "I... Had a talk with my dad. Helped straighten me out. So... Is that a yes, or a no?"

Yang: "... S-Sure. This Friday?"

Jaune: "Sounds great." He takes her hands, and ties his tie "Pick you up at 7?"

Yang: nods "Yeah!"

Jaune: "Great. See you then." He smiles again, and heads off

Yang watches him go, still blushing

Yang: ... What the hell just happened, and why do I like it?

- - -

Again, I'm a sucker for Dragonslayer and this image inspired this snippet. Any thoughts on how this confident Jaune came to be, and where it might go?

Expeditions Into the Past
Here's a fun means for a lot of plots. Archaeological expeditions out to Grimm territory to explore things. Protected by Hunters.

Jaune: yawns "Another Grimm. Right flank. Nora, smash. Ren, shoot them up. Pyrrha, let's go and slaughter them. Mind the gully they're hiding in."

Much slaughter ensues and soon the team is returning to the fortress, which is in the center of a massive ruined city. The archaeologists are hard at work digging, studying, and cataloging things. Meanwhile, Jaune looks about the ruins, impressed.

Jaune: "Wow... They must have lived like gods!"

Nora: "Hmph! Some Gods."

Jaune: "But they had a monorail!"

Ren: "What's a monorail?"

Jaune: "No idea. But it sounds awesome."

Nora: "A train with one rail, I guess. Didn't do them much good... since they're dead!"

Jaune: "Everyone dies, Nora. Stop being a downer."

Nora: "Being a downer? Nah! I'm actually making fun of these guys for having all this useless junk... and it not really helping when they all died."

Jaune: "How were they supposed to know unholy monsters immune to weapons without Dust were going to rise up and destroy everything they knew and loved? You wouldn't have known!"

Ren: "It is rather sad. Seeing all the ruins of what humanity once accomplished. With us now reduced to living in small, walled off cities. Where once our cities covered the world."

Jaune: "Geez..."

Pyrrha: "It's poignant to think that we're what's left of this."

Jaune: "Look, negative thoughts attract Grimm, so please-Lighten up!"

Pyrrha: "Yes, that's why these missions are so hard."

Ren: "Fine... Nora. Your hair looks lovely today."

Nora: "Thanks Ren, yours too."

Ren: "Maybe we should stop using the gimp mask so much if you have to work so hard to fix it in the mornings."

Nora: She laughs.

Jaune: sighs "..." Grim determination "Well one day... We're going to walk out of our fortress cities and the Grimm will be no more. And we can rebuild all of this."

Pyrrha: "Or we'll build something new." She smiles "Places with bad memories attract Grimm, too."

Jaune: "And we can once again listen to..." He rummaged in a pile of junk and pulled out a CD "... Stevie... Nix? That name isn't a color." Pause "Or is it?"

Pyrrha: "I like her Fleetwood Mac days." She takes the CD.

Jaune: "You know who that is?!"

Pyrrha: "The Queen of Rock indeed."

Jaune: "What else do you know about these ancient times?"

Pyrrha: blush "I um... I just collect music I find." She stuffs it in her satchel.

Jaune: "Wow..."

Pyrrha: "It's the things they created and wanted to share. They won't mind if we take it."

Here's a fun means for a lot of plots. Archaeological expeditions out to Grimm territory to explore things. Protected by Hunters.

Nora: "Being a downer? Nah! I'm actually making fun of these guys for having all this useless junk... and it not really helping when they all died."

Now I have a mental image of Nora discovering a Shake Weight, and trying to puzzle out what is, much to everyone's mortification.

Also, totally the kind of class missions Oobleck would be leading.

Uncle Jaune
Obviously, Jaune's sister Saphron had not been conceived of when the show started. But I love the idea of her visiting Beacon in Volumes 1-3 and asking Jaune to babysit little Adrian while she goes and does... Stuff.

Jaune; sigh "She handed me off to random family members when I was a baby too, kid."

Adrian: "Apuh!"

So Jaune lugs his baby nephew around Beacon, feeding him, taking care of him, and perhaps getting into misadventures/child endangerment.

- - -

Jaune sighed as he entered Combat Class. He could feel Professor Goodwitch's eyes on him, as intense and probing as an X-Ray machine. Adrian, given he was a baby, just babbled obliviously as his wide eager eyes looked around at the combat class from the baby carrier he was strapped into against Jaune's chest.

"My sister needed a babysitter and dumped my nephew on me again, Professor," Jaune said, "I swear he won't be any trouble."

"See that he isn't," Goodwitch stated in her usual calm, controlled tone. He walked over to his seat with Teams JNPR and RWBY, and unstrapped his nephew. He held him in his lap, and pulled out a pacifier. The baby whined a bit, but began to suckle contently as his uncle rocked him.

"You're very good at that, Jaune," Pyrrha said with a warm smile.

"Seven sisters," Jaune replied blandly. Adrian grasped onto Jaune's tie, and without looking, Jaune carefully untangled himself from his nephew and slid a baby toy into his fist instead, "You pick things up."

Weiss was already moving to try and sit next to Jaune, but surprisingly, Yang beat her to the seat. She scowled at the busty brawler as Yang cooed over Adrian.

"Aw... He's so cute," Yang murmured, "What's his dad like?"

"Don't know," Jaune said with a shrug, "My sister married a woman and they got an anonymous sperm donor."

"Really?" Ruby asked, peering over Jaune's shoulder, "Cause he looks a lot like you, Jaune!"

Jaune shrugged.

"My sister's wife carried him. I guess they got a good match?" He stroked Adrian's head, frowning. Funny enough, he had donated to the sperm bank for 'medical testing purposes' when he turned 16. Could it be that...?

Nah. That was ridiculous. Surely his sister and sister-in-law would have told him, right?

- - -

Somewhere, Saphron and Terra Cotta-Arc sneezed.

- - -

Still, maybe since he had his nephew, he'd get out of fighting-

"Jaune Arc, you will fight Cardin Winchester," Goodwitch stated firmly.

Jaune sighed. Of course, he thought to himself.

"Hey, uh-"

"I've got him," Yang said quickly, before Pyrrha could. She took little Adrian into her arms and rocked him. The baby squirmed a little, but settled down against Yang's chest. She beamed at him.

"Go get 'em, Daddy!"

"Thanks," Jaune deadpanned. He looked at Pyrrha, who smiled encouragingly.

"Don't fight for yourself," she said softly, "Focus on fighting for your nephew."

Jaune looked into his nephew's bright, innocent eyes. How he stared at him with open happiness. He smiled back.

"Yeah... Thanks Pyrrha, I will," Jaune said.

- - -

He'd gone to the locker room, changed, and entered the ring. Cardin faced him, the taller boy, as ever, ready to fight. Sure they'd sorted things out at Forever Fall (kind of), but he was still a dick.

That said... Jaune realized he was going to have to fight Cardin until he beat him. He glanced over at his baby nephew, looking at him as he sat in Yang's lap. Weiss, Pyrrha, and Ruby fussed over him, but the baby kept his eyes on him.

Jaune took a deep breath and got into his fighting stance.

"You will fight until your Aura falls into the red or ring out," Goodwitch stated, "Begin!"

Jaune immediately went on the offensive, just as Pyrrha taught him. He closed in and got in Cardin's guard, striking hard and fast! Cardin swung his mace around but Jaune ducked and got in a hit!

Cardin fell back, but rallied with an aggressive series of strikes, trying to force Jaune back. Again, he used his smaller size and improved footwork to dance around the blows. One hit his shield, but Jaune angled his shield to disperse most of the momentum, and used the gap to get in another hit!

"Ugh!" Cardin cried, swinging his fist at Jaune. Jaune fell back as he took the hit to his cheek, again grateful for training with his team and Pyrrha. That hit hurt, but he was still on his feet.

The fight went on, Jaune just barely able to see his aura level on the main screen overhead while he kept up his assault. Cardin was, for the first time, much lower on Aura than him! Cardin was even breathing hard, angry, incredulous at how things were going!

Cardin tried to unleash a blast of Fire Dust from his mace, to get a hit on Jaune, but he used his shield to bash the mace away. Even as the Fire Dust exploded deafeningly loud next to him, he swung his sword. Cardin tried to deflect it with his gauntlet, and caught the blade on the metal. But Jaune recalled Pyrrha's training, bent his elbow, and rammed it into Cardin's side. He then twisted his hips and slammed his pommel up into Cardin's chin!

The taller young man grunted and fell back. Jaune held back a grin. He was close, so close, he was going to win, for the first time he was going to win-!

"WAAAAAAHHHH! WAAAAAAHHHHH!"

Even over the ringing in his ears, he could make out Adrian's cry. He glanced over out of the ring: His nephew was crying, screaming in fear or need. His teammates were trying to calm him, with waving toys, funny faces, or rubbing his tummy-But Adrian wasn't having any of it!

Jaune glanced at Cardin. He was still staggered, on his last ropes...

Adrian cried again.

"I forfeit!" Jaune said quickly, running and jumping over the ring railing. He put down his sword and shield as he rushed over to his crying nephew. Yang gaped at him in shock as he pulled Adrian into his arms.

"There there, I'm here, it's okay," Jaune murmured soothingly, rubbing Adrian's back and head as the baby cried into his chest. The baby boy calmed down, his whimpers vanishing as he clung to Jaune's chest.

"There you go, everything's okay, buddy," Jaune whispered, kissing Adrian's head. "There you go, you're okay, aren't you buddy?"

Adrian sniffled and Jaune pulled him up so he could nuzzle against Jaune's throat. Jaune chuckled, and nuzzled his baby nephew.

"There you go... There you go..."

He finally looked up... And flushed. Everyone in class was staring at him. The girls in particular were giving him... Almost gooey looks? Some of the boys looked approving, in a manly sort of way. Ren included.

"... Winner, Cardin Winchester," Professor Goodwitch said, in a softer tone than she normally used.

Cardin groaned as he staggered up to his feet. He scowled over at Jaune, and sighed.

"Yeah, sure I did," he muttered, sounding depressed.

- - -

Obvious inspiration is obvious. Vendetta543's fic "Jaune's Baby-Making Arc". But it was too cute not to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back