• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Yes but that was via sperm donation. This implies Jaune got his heart broken by some no good downlow thot who left him a single dad and his sister and sister-in-law adopted Adrian because Jaune was too young to raise a child on his own. That's a different kind of drama!
No what I meant is jaunes tries to disprove it via DNA test cause the rumors were getting out of hand but unfortunately for him the test came back positive proving the rumors true jaune freezes in shock and denial causing a new rumor to form that jaune was so utterly heartbroken by his first love true nature that he had a mental breakdown and started denying her existence along with Adrian cause he was that in love with her and couldn't comprehend that it was all a lie and she used him like a cheap rag " they were going to be a family together!!!"
Causing all the girls attracted to him to decide that in order to truly fix jaune they have to show him what true love and commitment is.
Edit: bonus jaune copes with this by pretending Adrian is his nephew cause it hurts less then knowing he is his son.

Last edited:
No what I meant is jaunes tries to disprove it via DNA test cause the rumors were getting out of hand but unfortunately for him the test came back positive proving the rumors true jaune freezes in shock and denial causing a new rumor to form that jaune was so utterly heartbroken by his first love true nature that he had a mental breakdown and started denying her existence along with Adrian cause he was that in love with her and couldn't comprehend that it was all a lie and she used him like a cheap rag " they were going to be a family together!!!"
Causing all the girls attracted to him to decide that in order to truly fix jaune they have him what true love and commitment is.
Edit: bonus jaune copes with this by pretending Adrian is his nephew cause it hurts less then knowing he is his son.

Ooh, now that's some good drama!

Yes but that was via sperm donation. Tanya's prank has it that Jaune got his heart broken by some no good downlow thot who left him a single dad and his sister and sister-in-law adopted Adrian because Jaune was too young to raise a child on his own. That's a different kind of drama!

Honestly, pretty similar to What happened to Yang & Ruby's dad.

The Family Situation
Different idea for Jaune's background...

- - -

Pyrrha thought of herself as a good person. The kind who didn't stick her nose into things without reason. The kind of person above eavesdropping or gossip.

And yet... As in so many other cases, Jaune Arc was an exception to those rules.

She was relaxing in the JNPR dorm room, alone, just 'chilling out' a bit, when Jaune's Scroll rang.

Her green eyes locked onto it as it rang again. She looked around.

"Jaune? It's for you?" Pyrrha tried, though not as loudly as she might have. She might disturb other people.

The Scroll rang one more time. Licking her lips, Pyrrha got up, walked over, took up Jaune's scroll, and opened it up to answer.

"Jaune Arc's Scroll. This is his friend Pyrrha speaking."

On the screen was a large, strongly built man with a fine, rugged golden beard and keen brown eyes. Standing in frame was a shorter blonde woman, with clear blue eyes and a gentle smile.

"Oh! Is Jaune all right, Pyrrha?" The woman asked. Pyrrha nodded.

"Yes, he's just out. May I ask who is speaking?"

"We're his parents," the man rumbled, "Nick and Isabel Arc."

Pyrrha smiled politely, and nodded her head.

"It's an honor to meet you, sir, ma'am. Did you need to talk to Jaune or can I pass a message along?"

Nick grunted.

"Just tell him his belongings have been shipped," he said, "We sold everything he didn't want to keep. It's in his account."

He paused.

"Along with a return ticket."

Pyrrha blinked.

"Return ticket? For a visit?"

Isabel shook her head.

"No... For when he finally gives up and comes home."

Pyrrha's eyes widened. Her voice though was calm.

"What do you mean?"

Nick frowned deeply.

"You have to understand... Jaune was... Was a sickly boy. He was premature, and suffered many illnesses after he was born. We had to keep him home through most of it. Homeschooled him, mostly."

Isabel smiled sadly.

"We're... We're very glad he grew up strong, but... After all he's been through? We... Well... We're willing to let him pursue his dream, but..."

Nick sighed.

"He's... Better off doing something less dangerous. Where he won't get in the way, or be a burden," he said. He looked sharply at her. "Not that he is! We don't-We have never thought that about him-!"

"But he had such a difficult childhood,"
Isabel said, resting a hand on her husband's arm, "And... And we think he'd be much happier doing something safer. We just... We just hope he figures that out before..."

Pyrrha shook her head furiously.

"N-No! No, Jaune's doing wonderfully!" She insisted. "He had a rough start, but he tries his hardest every day! He's making enormous progress! He's very smart, too, and thinks on his feet-He earns people's loyalty-!"

Isabel beamed. Nick grunted.

"That's good to hear," Nick said, "We've always known that he's strong in spirit. We've always known that. But his body..." He trailed off.

"Thank you for looking after our boy, Pyrrha," Isabel said with a soft smile, "We really appreciate it. And we... We know how much it means to him but..."

"But why can't you believe he'll succeed?" Pyrrha asked, more abrasively than she had hoped.

Nick grunted again, and looked to the side like Jaune did when he was guilty about something. Isabel sighed.

"If you had seen how he'd grown up... You'd understand," she said. "Just... Tell him we love him, and about his belongings, please. Nothing else."

Pyrrha slowly nodded.

"I will."

"Thank you Pyrrha. Goodbye."

The call ended. Pyrrha sucked in a breath. This is what she got from poking around. She turned to the door... And her jaw dropped. Jaune stood there before her, his face... Carefully blank.

"Jaune, I-I'm sorry," she said quickly, "I didn't mean... I just answered, and-"

"No. It's fine," Jaune said quietly. Pyrrha was very familiar with masks-She shaped her face to hide her emotions almost constantly. Jaune... His mask was actually pretty formidable. But she knew him too well now.

"I... I'm very sorry," she repeated. Jaune shook his head, and reached out to take his Scroll.

"I said it's fine," Jaune murmured. He walked over and sat down on his bed, staring at it. She fidgeted... Before she walked over and sat next to him. He glanced up at her, then back at the Scroll.

"... They wanted me to tell you they love you," she said. Jaune sighed.

"Yeah... Yeah, I know that," Jaune mumbled. "I do... They just don't believe in me."

Pyrrha frowned.

"Jaune, I-"

"I spent half my childhood bedridden," Jaune stated, a hint of bitterness in his tone, "They never complained. My sisters teased me, made fun of me when I was out and about, but the instant I got sick? I was glass. I was... Helpless. The neighbor's kids all called me the runt... Even after I got big and well enough to work on the farm. I thought... They let me handle horses and cows. They let me lift heavy things, do dangerous chores. Surely... Surely my family doesn't think of me as some sickly little brat anymore..."

He sighed, and shook his head.

"They're just waiting for me to give up, come home," he grunted. "I guess... I guess I can't blame them. If I had a child who spent most of his life trying not to die, I wouldn't believe in him, either."

Pyrrha wrapped an arm around his shoulders without thinking. Which is the only way she could have done it, really. Red faced, she barely kept her composure as he looked up at her in surprise.

"You would," she said firmly, "Because you would know what it's like. You'd support them, no matter what. And be there for them... Even if they failed. Because... Because you'd be a wonderful father, Jaune. J-Just like I know you're going to be a wonderful Huntsman!"

He stared at her, unreadable. She kept going.

"They love you... And you'll show them they're wrong, and... And they'll accept you properly. One day. I-I promise."

He smiled warmly. Impulsively, he leaned forward and kissed her cheek.

"Thank you Pyrrha... Th-That... That means everything to me."

Her smile did not leave her face for the entire week after.

- - -

A Whiter Rose 2
- - -

Weiss had gone to visit Whitley. Her brother had of course opted for a hotel room at the best hotel in Vale. That was the least he could do, being a Schnee and all. Normally such luxurious surroundings would put Weiss a bit more at ease. But not now.

"Whitley," she said to her brother as she marched into the hotel room, "We need to talk."

Whitley looked up from his Scroll. wearing a dreamy look at first. She expected it to turn into his usual arrogant sneer but instead... He kept smiling.

"Hello sister!" Whitley said cheerfully, "What do we need to talk about?"

Weiss grit her teeth.

"Ruby Rose."

Whitley beamed.

"She's amazing, isn't she?" He asked happily. "She's so fun, and cute, and she loves the Baldr Arms 372!" He scoffed. "She still likes the Winchester 72 better, can you believe it? I guess it's a girl thing but-"

"You cannot see her anymore," Weiss said firmly.

Whitley's monologue sputtered to a halt. He stared at Weiss in shock.

"I-What?!"

"You cannot see her anymore," Weiss repeated, "She's... She's not good enough for you."

Whitley's eyes narrowed.

"What do you mean, she's not good enough? She's your partner and friend, isn't she?"

"Yes, of course, and I trust her with my life," Weiss said, perfectly honest and sincere, "But she's not good enough for you."

"If she's good enough to keep my sister alive in battle, she's good enough for me," Whitley said, eyes narrowing.

"Do you think Father will see things the same way?" Weiss asked airly. "Be reasonable."

"You're the one who defied him first, remember?" Whitley shot back. Weiss shook her head.

"Becoming a Huntress is one thing-You're already planning marriage with her!" Weiss stated, waving her hands. She rarely did this but it emphasized her emotions.

"N-No I'm not!" Whitley insisted, his cheeks burning red, "I am absolutely not considering that! I-I mean, we haven't even had our first courtship outing! Our first dance! Our-Our first date-!"

"Yes, which is why I'm trying to help you nip this in the bud now before it gets messy!" Weiss insisted. She sighed. "Look, I know I haven't been the best big sister in-"

"Ever?" Whitley shot back. Weiss winced. That one... That really hurt.

"But I'm trying to help you now," Weiss insisted. "You're... You're young. She's young. This is just a crush! You'll get over it in no time! You don't even know what you're doing!"

Whitley scowled at her. Weiss continued.

"She doesn't know anything about romance! She's-She thinks taking guns apart and putting them back together is a fun outing, not a date-!"

"And so do I!" Whitley replied. He stood up, waving his Scroll at her. "What's the deal, huh?"

"I just... If you keep doing this, you're just going to get hurt," Weiss finally said, lowering her arms to her sides. "She'll get hurt. Do you really think Father would approve of her?"

"I..." Whitley shook his head. "I don't care what Father thinks of her!"

Weiss' jaw dropped. She could remember when she was younger, much younger, and heard Winter yelling something similar to their mother...

"Wha... Since when?!"

"Since I met a girl who wasn't some simpering idiot or a family member!" Whitley stated. He nodded firmly. "And... And maybe I'll mess it up, but I wanna try it!"

"Whitley, if Father finds out-!"

"What, are you going to tell him?" Whitley demanded. Weiss shook her head.

"Of course I won't-!"

"Then it's none of your business!" Whitley growled. He stormed out, slamming the door behind him.

Weiss was left frozen, feeling like she'd been hit with her own Ice Dust. She sighed heavily.

"What am I even doing?" She murmured.

- - -

Whitley made his way to Beacon, stewing over what Weiss had said. As he stepped off the Bullhead and headed for the dorms, his anger subsided and he thought things through.

In all honesty... Weiss was right about one thing. He didn't really know what he was doing. Sure, he'd gone out on fun outings with Ruby, but... Were they dates? Was this really romance or just friendship?

Friendship was... Was nice, true. But he wanted romance, damnit!

How did he get that? How did he even approach it?

Think, damnit, Whitley thought, as he walked through the dorm hallways, Think... There must be something... Anything...

Hadn't his sister mentioned some male student always after her? The Weiss he knew back in Atlas had endured a bunch of rich heirs and important men's flirtations with cold grace, and then just brushed them off. Complained about how boorish and stupid they were, then never spoke of them again.

If a man was trying his luck with his sister, and she was talking about it constantly in her letters back home... Well... That had to mean something, right? Maybe she was... What was the Mistralian term? Tsundere?

If this man was at least worth talking about... Maybe he could help Whitley with romance? It wasn't like he had a lot of other options.

He went to the dormroom right across from RWBY's. His (hopefully) future wife was out, but maybe...?

He knocked on the door.

A blond boy, two years older than him, opened the door. He was in a hoodie and boxers, and looked a bit fatigued. He yawned.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Jaune Arc?" He asked. The boy nodded.

"That's me. Short, sweet, and the ladies love it."

Whitley's eyebrows went up.

"Truly?" He asked.

Jaune smiled.

"Yup. You're Weiss's little brother, Whitley, right?"

"Yes! Yes, I am!" Whitley said happily. This Jaune seemed quick on the uptake!

"What can I do for you?" Jaune asked with a smile.

Whitley frowned.

"Er... I'm not really sure how to-"

Jaune frowned in turn. He then smiled, and guided Whitley over to another room. He opened the door and led him into a common room with a table, chairs, and couches. He sat Whitley down on a couch, and grabbed some sodas from a fridge. He walked over and handed one to Whitley.

"Give it a try," he said, "It'll calm you down."

Whitley studied the soda with scientific detachment. He took in the ingredients in an instant and made a face.

"You do know this is mostly sugar, right?" Whitley asked. Jaune popped open his soda, and beamed.

"Yup. That's the best part!" Jaune said, taking a long sip. Whitley mentally shrugged, then opened the can. He sipped it gingerly... Then slurped down more. And more! It was amazing!

He pulled the can away and sighed... Before he burped loudly. He flushed.

"I-uh-Excuse me-!"

Jaune laughed and gave him a thumbs up.

"Nice one!" Jaune grinned.

"That... That wasn't rude?" Whitley asked. Jaune shook his head, then belched himself. Whitley gaped.

"That-That was gross!"

"Yup!" Jaune said cheerfully. "Wanna do it again?"

"Yes!" Whitley grinned, holding up the can of soda... But he paused. "Oh, uh... Mister Arc-"

"Just call me Jaune, Whitley, you're only two years younger than me, right?" Jaune said smoothly, sitting on a table to face Whitley, "What's up?"

Whitley hemmed and hawed, and struggled. He looked up to Jaune with a frown.

"Well, I... I need help."

"Cool. How can I help you?" Jaune asked.

Just like that?! Whitley thought in shock.

"I-I don't know-How much do you want?" Whitley asked. Jaune shook his head.

"What? No, I don't want any money," he said, "You're Weiss's little brother! And Weiss is my friend. Mostly. So no need to pay me or anything!"

"R-Really?" Whitley asked, in a small tone. Jaune nodded.

"Really really. What can I help you with?"

Whitley sucked in a deep breath.

"... I think I'm in love with Ruby and I don't know what to do and I really want to win her heart because she-she's the most beautiful, wonderful, amazing girl in the world can you help me please?!" Whitley blurted out, his face quite red by the time he finished.

Jaune sipped his soda, and then slowly nodded. He grinned.

"You've come to the right place."

"... I think I'm in love with Ruby and I don't know what to do and I really want to win her heart because she-she's the most beautiful, wonderful, amazing girl in the world can you help me please?!" Whitley blurted out, his face quite red by the time he finished.

Jaune sipped his soda, and then slowly nodded. He grinned.

"You've come to the right place."

Honestly?

Jaune's advice will probably work for Whitley.

Jaune Arc is Beacons best wingman, would hire again, 10/10! - Whitley Schnee

Knightshade Visit 5
- - -

Blake recovered, well enough to get some tea before lunch. She sat with her mother in the dining room, both around the low table. Blake sipped her tea, as Kali sat alongside her. She stayed in close contact with her, shoulder to shoulder: Just enough to let Blake feel her warmth, but not feel smothered.

Blake stared at her tea in between sips. She shook her head.

"Mom, I... I'm sorry-"

"There's nothing to be sorry for to me," Kali said. Blake looked at her, eyes filled with anguish.

"But I-!"

"There is a lot to work on, and a lot to make up for," Kali said softly, "But you aren't responsible for White Fang losing its way." She sighed. "Your father and I have our share in that, too."

"Mom, I-"

"If it was something we could solve on our own, we would have by now," Kali said firmly, "But we can't. It's... It's not as simple as yelling at a bunch of Faunus." She cupped her daughter's cheek. "It doesn't mean you're a failure, Blake. It just means... You need help. We founded an entire nation to try and make things right. It's hard, Blake. It's very hard. But just because it is... Doesn't mean you've failed."

Blake bowed her head. Kali hugged her daughter.

"It just means it's going to be a long road," she sighed, "But in the end? It will make the triumph all the sweeter."

"I just... I don't know how to make anything right," Blake said miserably. Kali tilted Blake's chin up with her finger, and smiled lovingly.

"Start with your friends," she said softly, "Start small."

"But-But that won't even-!"

"Remember when you started your training?" Kali asked softly, "Remember how hard you tried? How terrible you were at things at first? Those were small tasks, little training exercises. You had to start small. When you were ready? I moved you onto bigger exercises. Harder tasks. That's how it will work here, too."

Blake nodded slowly.

"And there's a friend here," Kali said quietly, "A friend of yours who despite everything? Still sees you as a good person, and himself as an utter failure. You can start there."

Blake nodded, more quickly.

"You're right... Y-You're right, Mom," Blake said firmly. "I-I'm going... I'm going to make sure Jaune knows that-that I appreciate him! That I-I do care about him! That he isn't weak, or-or a failure!"

Kali beamed, and hugged Blake tightly.

"It's the perfect place to start, my little kitten," Kali chuckled.

- - -

It wasn't until the evening that Jaune and Ghira returned home. Saber Rodentia, the Head of the Guard, accompanied them, along with Sergeant Torg.

Kali and Blake greeted them, both in festive kimonos. Ghira grinned broadly when he saw his wife, and embraced her happily with a kiss.

"Mmm... What's the occasion?" Ghira asked with a grin.

"We have company, that's the perfect time to dress up a bit!" Kali said cheerfully. She smiled at Saber and Torg. "Saber! Torg! Will you join us for dinner?"

"Would love to, ma'am," Saber said, "But we're on watch tonight. Since someone snuck in." He turned a glare on Jaune. Jaune coughed.

"Er, sorry? But now you know how to keep it from happening again?"

"Exactly, Saber," Ghira said. He shook his head. "His analysis of our defensive holes is going to be used to ensure we don't have any such weaknesses in the future."

Saber grumbled a little, but nodded to his lord, and then Jaune.

"Yes sir. Come on Torg." The gerbil Faunus muttered under his breath about 'jumped up jack rabbits' as he and Torg stalked out to the manor grounds. Jaune stood awkwardly as he looked at Blake.

"Oh, uh, hey Blake," he said. He smiled and blushed a bit, his eyes sliding around her but not looking directly at her. "You uh, you look very pretty."

Blake managed a small smile, and nodded.

"Thank you," she said, "You look very, uh... Very good!"

Jaune raised his eyebrows.

"Uh, thanks," he said, "Been training all day. Probably smell terrible... Sorry-"

"No, no," Blake shook her head, "Uh... I always liked how you smelled. Back at Beacon."

Jaune and Blake stared at each other. She blushed a bit.

"Very earthy, like grass and sword oil and um... Yeah..."

Jaune nodded. "That's... Nice? I uh... You always had a nice smell too... N-Not that I was smelling you deliberately! Th-That would have been weird!"

"R-Right, totally weird!" Blake nodded back with a tiny, forced laugh.

"Not that I'm saying you're weird!" Jaune said quickly.

"I-I know," Blake said with a quick nod.

Awkward silence fell upon them once again. Jaune coughed.

"I uh... I'm gonna get a shower, uh, before dinner."

"G-Good!" Blake said. "Good. I-I'll see you there!"

"Cool! M-Me too! I mean, I-I'll see you there! Not-You know what I mean."

"Great!"

"Great!"

Jaune walked up to the door. Blake moved to the right, just as Jaune did.

"Uh, sorry-" Jaune tried. Blake shook her head rapidly.

"N-No, sorry!"

Blake finally moved out of the way enough for Jaune to move past. She watched him go. She then looked to her mother.

"So... Um... I've never... Done the supportive thing before," she said, "How am I doing?"

Kali managed a smile, even as Ghira covered up his mouth.

"It's a good start," Kali said with a nod.

Ghira coughed very hard into his palm.

- - -

Last edited:
Blake finally moved out of the way enough for Jaune to move past. She watched him go. She then looked to her mother.

"So... Um... I've never... Done the supportive thing before," she said, "How am I doing?"

Kali managed a smile, even as Ghira covered up his mouth.

"It's a good start," Kali said with a nod.

Ghira coughed very hard into his palm.

Ghira - "Dear, maybe we're pushing too hard..."

Kali - "A grandson to ride on your shoulders, and take fishing...."

Ghira - "I'll poke a hole into the roof over Jaune's room, so they'll have to bunk together once the rainy season starts."

Knightshade Visit 5.5
Kali: "Jaune, my dear daughter needs some comforting. Can you provide it?"

Jaune: "I... I can try. We did uh... We cuddled. And-And that's it!"

Kali: "It's fine, Jaune, it's fine! I was young once. I just know... You both need some comfort from someone you care for."

Jaune: "I... I mean, we barely talked-"

Kali: "Yet you came all this way for her, Jaune. You have talked now?"

Jaune: "Yes."

Kali: "Do you want to talk more?"

Jaune: "... Yes."

Kali: "Good. Let me provide you with the perfect excuse!"

Jaune: "Um, okay-?"

Kali, still smiling, tosses a small canister of Fire Dust into Jaune's guest room. It explodes. Blake runs up, panicked.

Blake: "Mom?! Jaune?! What happened?!"

Kali: "Oh, sorry dear! I dropped a canister of Fire Dust in Jaune's room! Clumsy me~! I guess you'll have to bunk together tonight!"

Jaune: "Er, uh, I-I mean, I could just sleep in another room-"

Kali: "No no no! I insist! Don't you insist, Blake?"

Blake: "I um, y-yes, sure! Come on Jaune. I trust you."

Jaune: "Uh... Sure... The room is still on fire-?"

Kali, still beaming, tosses in Ice Dust which activates and puts the fire out.

Kali: "Not a problem!"

Jaune: "I uh-"

Blake: "Please don't think about it."

Jaune: "Um, sure?"

Kali: "Jaune, my dear daughter needs some comforting. Can you provide it?"

Jaune: "I... I can try. We did uh... We cuddled. And-And that's it!"

Kali: "It's fine, Jaune, it's fine! I was young once. I just know... You both need some comfort from someone you care for."

Jaune: "I... I mean, we barely talked-"

Kali: "Yet you came all this way for her, Jaune. You have talked now?"

Jaune: "Yes."

Kali: "Do you want to talk more?"

Jaune: "... Yes."

Kali: "Good. Let me provide you with the perfect excuse!"

Jaune: "Um, okay-?"

Kali, still smiling, tosses a small canister of Fire Dust into Jaune's guest room. It explodes. Blake runs up, panicked.

Blake: "Mom?! Jaune?! What happened?!"

Kali: "Oh, sorry dear! I dropped a canister of Fire Dust in Jaune's room! Clumsy me~! I guess you'll have to bunk together tonight!"

Jaune: "Er, uh, I-I mean, I could just sleep in another room-"

Kali: "No no no! I insist! Don't you insist, Blake?"

Blake: "I um, y-yes, sure! Come on Jaune. I trust you."

Jaune: "Uh... Sure... The room is still on fire-?"

Kali, still beaming, tosses in Ice Dust which activates and puts the fire out.

Kali: "Not a problem!"

Jaune: "I uh-"

Blake: "Please don't think about it."

Jaune: "Um, sure?"
Kali's done waiting she wants those grandbabies now!!!!

Dragonslayer: A Hairy Situation
While at Beacon... Jaune knocks on the door to RWBY's dorm. Yang opens it with a smile.

Yang: "Oh hey Vom...it Boy?"

Jaune: "Hey Yang, Ruby and I were going to study, is she around?

Yang: blush "U-Uh... N-No, she's out at the machine shop... What's with the...?" She pointed to his face

Jaune: "Huh? Oh, yeah. I forgot to get new razors over the weekend. I was going to go get more-"

Yang: "No!"

Jaune: blinks

Yang: "I-I mean, uh... It's a good look for you!"

Jaune: "... You think so? It's kind of itchy-"

Yang: "It's worth it. Trust me. Um... Hey, since Ruby's busy, you want to study with me?"

Jaune: "Well... Sure, if you're willing? Fair warning, I'm struggling a little in History-"

Yang: "Me too! Don't worry! We'll-We'll make it our-story!" grins and winks

Jaune: "Hahaha! Geez, that's corny... But I like it."

Yang: "Hahaha! Th-That's great! Let me uh, let me get my things, hm?"

Jaune: "Sure!"

Yang shuts the dorm room door, and shivers.

Yang: "He got hot when did he get hot oh Gods!"

Lines of Succession
- - -

A few weeks after the Dance...

Weiss came into the cafeteria a bit later than the others. She'd gotten a Scroll call, which, judging from her scowl, had not been a pleasant experience. Ruby watched her march past her team, right up to Jaune.

Ruby was already on her feet and heading to her partner's side with her Semblance.

"Weiss I'm sure Jaune didn't mean to-!"

"No, no, it's okay Ruby," Jaune said, holding up a hand. He was looking uncharacteristically serious as he met Weiss's gaze. "I just want you to know, Weiss, I didn't know until last week. Sorry if it's giving you trouble with your dad."

Weiss started, then sagged a bit. She managed a slow nod.

"I... I see," she said. She made a face. "No, it's not a big deal... Yet, anyway."

Ruby looked between her friends curiously. Pyrrha, Ren, and Nora were also looking concerned. Yang leaned in, raising her eyebrows, as Blake peeked up over her book for a moment.

"So uh... What's going on?" Ruby asked, trying to sound casual.

"My father asked me to get closer to Jaune," Weiss said bluntly, "And to consider marriage to him."

"WHAT?!" Cried Pyrrha, Nora, Yang, and Ruby. Blake dropped her book in shock. Ren's eyes widened.

"Wha-But-How-?!" Ruby tried, as Pyrrha's face fell. Jaune and Weiss were actually quite calm. Jaune sighed and shook his head.

"I assume you said no?" Jaune asked. Weiss nodded.

"Yes. No offense-"

"None taken! Really!" Jaune said, a small smile on his face, "I-I wouldn't want to get into that with you like this, it would just be awful-!"

"Why would your dad want you to marry Vomit Boy?" Yang demanded.

"Y-Yes! Why?" Pyrrha asked, her eyes narrowed dangerously.

Jaune sighed.

"You want to explain or-?"

"You explain," Weiss ordered. Jaune nodded.

"Okay. You guys have heard of the Monarchists, right?"

"Who?" Ruby asked, blinking. Weiss's eyes climbed heavenward.

Blake broke the silence.

"They're a political movement that want to put a King back on the throne of Vale," She said, "It's been growing in strength over the past few years due to how corrupt the Council has been. The thought is that a King would be a counter to the Council and could better represent the people's will, if he was chosen by them."

"Okay, great, thanks Professor Blake," Yang said sarcastically, "What's that got to do with Jaune?"

Jaune sighed heavily.

"My family, the Arcs, used to intermarry with the original royal family before they died out," he stated plainly, looking extremely uncomfortable, "And apparently, I'm the only direct male descendant of the last King of Vale."

Dead silence ensued. Nora gaped.

"So... You're... The Heir to the Throne of Vale?!" She cried. "WE'RE ROYALTY! ROYAL BUDDIES!"

"I'm not royal!" Jaune hissed, holding up his hands, "Look, my family's been getting bothered for years by the Monarchists! They kept wanting my dad or me to agree to-to basically run for King or something! But there is no throne, and I'm not becoming the King!"

"So, your dad thought that getting close to Jaune would be...?" Ruby asked. Weiss sighed in disgust.

"Several Monarchists have influence and power in Vale. My father obviously wanted to court them for business deals using me to connect with their chosen heir." She nodded gratefully to Jaune. "I'm glad to hear that it hasn't gone to your head."

"It's just annoying, really," Jaune grumbled, "I'm seventeen years old, and these people want me to become King! Probably do their bidding and crap!" He shook his head and looked worriedly at his friends.

"You uh... It really isn't a big deal, all right? Please don't... Don't treat me any differently-?"

Yang slid over and wrapped an arm around his shoulders with a grin.

"Don't worry, Jaune! You're still Vomit Boy to me, and always will be!"

"Aw," Nora sighed, "I wanted to be a Duchess! But! It's okay, Jaune-Jaune! We love you even if you're not a King!"

"We... We would never think differently of you, Jaune," Pyrrha said, her eyes shining as she "discreetly" bumped Yang's arm off of Jaune and scooted closer to him, "I think it's very admirable that you haven't-haven't used this for your own gain."

"You're our friend and always will be, Jaune," Ren said with a nod.

"You're... You're still my bestie, even if you're a king, right?" Ruby asked, looking worried. Jaune smiled, and held his arms open. Ruby squealed and hopped into his lap, hugging him tightly.

"Always," He said firmly. Ruby giggled and hugged him more tightly, unaware of Pyrrha's heated glare.

Blake, for her part, stared intently at Jaune with a thoughtful look on her face.

- - -

The next day, Jaune sighed as he put his combat gear into his locker. Combat Class had actually gone pretty well: He'd managed to beat Russel. It wasn't easy, but Pyrrha's training and encouragement from his friends had pushed him over the top. It hadn't been pretty, but he'd definitely won.

There was just one small problem...

"Hey, uh, Jaune?"

Jaune held in a sigh and looked over at Cardin. The taller boy was looking contrite.

"Hey, sorry about... Everything," he said quickly, "I-I didn't know you were-"

"I'm not the heir to the throne," Jaune said in irritation, "All right? There is no throne! And I wouldn't take it if I was offered!"

Cardin frowned.

"Are you sure about that?" He asked.

"Very," Jaune stated firmly.

Cardin shrugged.

"Just that... My Dad's on the Council, and he's actually pro-Monarchist."

Jaune blinked.

"A politician wants to limit his power?" He asked incredulously. Cardin coughed.

"I mean... It's more he's sick of deadlocks, nothing getting done, and the Council going this way and that just for their own benefit," he said. "He told me that a King might be able to help that. Make things better-"

"Or he'd just be a selfish asshole who became a tyrant," Jaune stated with tired anger. "I'm not going to be King, so just... Lay off, all right?!"

Cardin nodded.

"All right, all right," he said. "Just... My family did serve the last kings of Vale. It's... You know...Tradition-"

"Serve me by not being an asshole bully, okay Cardin?" Jaune sighed, "That would be the best way to serve me, and Vale, and everyone else. Apologize to Velvet, make her happy, and be a good person. All right?"

Cardin nodded, bowed, turned and left. Jaune groaned and slammed his forehead against his locker.

Yeah. That was a problem.

He emerged from the locker room a few minutes later in his uniform. He spotted a number of foreign and local girls nearby. All waiting for him, all eyeing him.

Shit...!

He felt someone take his hand and pull him away. He looked ahead, ready to thank Pyrrha or Yang or any of his other friends would be rescuing him this time... And stuttered when he saw it was Blake.

"Ah, Blake-?"

"Come on," Blake said urgently. They went back and forth through several corridors, expertly evading the girls. She pulled him into an empty classroom, and shepherded him in. He sighed in relief.

"Thanks," he said, "It's been a freaking nightmare and-"

The door lock clicked. Jaune slowly looked over at Blake. The secret cat Faunus slowly advanced on him. He wasn't sure why, but a chill went up his spine.

"Uh... Blake?"

"Jaune," Blake said quietly, "Did you know that there are a lot of Faunus who support the Monarchist movement?"

Jaune backed away until the small of his back hit a desk, and he could go no further. Blake continued to advance on him, slowly, like a cat closing in for the kill.

"I... I did not," he said honestly. "I thought that since Cardin's family supported it, you wouldn't-"

"Politics makes for strange bedfellows," Blake admitted, "But his family is more neutral towards Faunus Rights than overly hostile, for the most part. I'm sure with the proper incentives, they could support things like a Universal Rights Bill. More trade with Menagerie. Maybe... An alliance with them, to truly make them recognized as the Fifth Kingdom."

She had closed to a few inches away from him, her yellow eyes boring into his. Jaune gulped.

"I uh... That would be... Niiiice?" He managed. "But I don't know what you expect me to do about it-"

Blake held up her Scroll. A petition app was on the screen.

"Sign this."

Jaune, due to instincts born from being accosted outside markets and stores dozens of times, automatically wrote his signature in an authentication box and pressed his thumb to a reader. The screen turned green. Blake smiled happily.

"Thank you. This should be enough."

"Enough?" Jaune asked faintly, "Enough for what?"

"Signatures," Blake stated, "To get Initiative 47 onto the ballot next year."

"And... That does what?"

"It will allow the citizens of Vale to vote to restore the monarchy, of course," Blake said with a smile, "With you as the King."

"WHAT?!" Jaune shouted, throwing his hands up in the air, "WHY IN THE HELL WOULD I EVER AGREE TO THAT?!"

"You just did," Blake deadpanned. Jaune frantically grabbed for the Scroll, but Blake tossed it well out of his reach.

"Blake-No-I-I don't want to be king!" He shouted. "There is no REASON for me to be King-!"

Blake pressed back against him, her eyes boring into his. She rested a hand on his chest.

"Jaune," Blake breathed, "We have an opportunity to achieve great things, for humans and Faunus. Can you imagine how much good you could do for Faunus rights if you had political power?"

"I-I mean I'd want to, but that doesn't mean I'd be any good at it!" Jaune insisted. "Wh-What would stop me from turning into a power mad tyrant?! Or-Or making terrible decisions that ruined everyone's lives-?!"

"We would," Blake said firmly, "Your friends. If you kept us close, we wouldn't let you go that far! We'd-We'd protect you! My father is a political leader too, I-I would help you-!"

"BLAKE!" Jaune shouted. He grabbed her shoulders and glared at her. "I. Don't. Want. Power! I just want to help people, and make the world a better place! As a Huntsman!"

"You could do so much more as a King, Jaune!" Blake insisted. "In fact, you're probably the perfect choice for this! You don't want power! You're afraid of what you might become with power! That means you wouldn't abuse it!"

Jaune shook his head frantically.

"I don't know that for sure!"

"I do," Blake said firmly. "I mean... I've made a lot of bad choices, bad judgements of people's character in the past... But I know you, Jaune. And if it helps? I would be with you. Every step of the way."

She took his hands in hers.

"I'm willing to do anything to make the world a better place, Jaune," she insisted, "Absolutely anything."

Jaune blinked. His brain finally caught up with his senses as his emotions quieted down. For instance, the fact that Blake was a very attractive woman. Insanely so. And that she was pressed up tight against him and she felt and smelled very good-

"Uhhhh," Jaune managed, before Blake spoke again in a soft whisper.

"An alliance between Vale and Menagerie," she said, "Could be achieved if we got married. Make it a true alliance."

"M-Married?!" Jaune squeaked. Blake stared at him intently and looked a bit vulnerable.

"Are... Do you not find me attractive?"

"Are you insane?! Of course I find you attractive!" Jaune blurted out. "You're insanely attractive, Blake!"

She actually blushed, and smiled.

"And you're... Quite nice too," she said with a nod, "And we're fairly compatible personality wise, so such an arranged marriage would be acceptable."

"Blake, I'm not a King, I'm not-!"

"And I'd even allow you to have other lovers," Blake said quickly, "Weiss would be a useful ally. So would Pyrrha. Ruby and Yang shouldn't be left behind. There are old provisions in Valean law for multiple wives, meaning more alliances-"

"BLAKE!" Jaune shouted. "I'm not going to be King! So we're not getting married, all right?! That's final!"

He had to put his foot down. His father had made that very clear. You couldn't just let your friends get away with anything or everything, it would make them into worse people.

Blake frowned.

"I... Oh..." She murmured. She bowed her head. "Maybe... Maybe I've gone too far."

"Maybe you have," Jaune said firmly.

Blake bowed her head.

"Sorry," she murmured. Jaune sighed, and patted her on the shoulder.

"Look," he stated, "I get what you want. I get why you want it. But I don't. And I never will."

"What if there was a situation where Vale needed you to be King?" Blake asked quietly. Jaune sighed and rolled his eyes.

"If there is such a situation where there's literally no one else who can lead and organize things to save Vale? Then yes. I will take up the role of King. But since that will never happen? It's irrelevant. You'd better just stop your petition and end it, because I'm not going to be King unless the situation is so desperate I can't make things worse, all right?"

Blake nodded.

"All right."

"Good," Jaune sighed. Hopefully, he'd just have to endure some more teasing and weirdness for a while, and then things could get back to normal...

- - -

At the Vytal Festival, some months later...

Pyrrha hadn't wanted to do it. But there was no other choice. Jaune... She loved him, she had told him this before sending him off. But she saw it in his eyes. He would die for her, in a heartbeat.

And she knew Cinder would kill him. Losing him... Was unacceptable.

She knew this fight would be tough... But as she kneeled, exhausted, bloody, with several arrows in her, blood pouring down her body as Cinder cackled in front of her in the burning Headmaster's office, she realized... She had thought she could win.

She had been wrong.

First time for everything, she thought, as she looked up at Cinder with a defiant glare. The massive Grimm Dragon loomed over, as Cinder laughed mockingly.

"So ends the Invincible Girl," she mocked, "Don't worry about your little boyfriend... I'll take good care of him~..."

Pyrrha seethed. She gripped the floor, tried to rally any strength she might have left...!

A Bullhead popped up, and Dust cannon fire erupted from its guns. Cinder threw up a shield of flames to protect herself, as the Grimm Dragon roared. Behind it, several commercial and police airships rose, firing Dust cannons at it in a massive barrage.

Over the sounds of explosions, she heard people running out behind her. She felt arms pull her into an embrace and carry her off, as Dust weapons fired around them.

"We got her, we got her, GO GO GO!" Shouted a familiar voice. She managed to force her eyes open, as a very dirty, very roughed up but alive Jaune stood over her. Medics in white clothing went to work, even as she reached out her hand to him.

"J-Jaune-"

He squeezed her hand and shook his head.

"Don't talk, you're gonna be okay," he said, "Good work."

She smiled up at him as one of the medics put a mask over her mouth and nose. He smiled back briefly, before looking to the pilots.

"Everyone out?!"

"Yes Your Majesty!" One of the pilots shouted.

Your Majesty...? Pyrrha thought.

Jaune nodded.

"Blow her to Hell," he growled.

Pyrrha tilted her head. She could see Ren, Nora, and Coco firing their weapons out of the hatch of the Bullhead. Even with them blocking her view with their bodies and fire, she could see the top of Beacon Tower. Cinder and the Grimm Dragon were both being bombarded with gun and missile fire from dozens of airships. A few warships flying flags she didn't recognize joined the fight, using their large guns. The top of Beacon Tower exploded, as the Grimm Dragon roared, engulfed in flames.

Then everything went black.

- - -

Pyrrha awoke to the sounds and smells of a hospital room. She wasn't entirely unfamiliar with it-She'd lost plenty of fights before becoming 'The Invincible Girl', after all. Her body felt like it was made of lead, she was so tired. Aches and pains pricked at her all over.

She forced her eyes open. It was a hospital room: A fairly nice one, all told. She saw Ren and Nora sleeping nearby on a cot, cuddled up under a blanket. They looked dirty but well, and Pyrrha smiled happily.

"You're awake."

She turned, and her eyes widened. Jaune stood there, in a long jacket over his armor and stubble on his face. A pair of Valean Rangers, their elite policemen, stood outside the doors with their weapons held in salute, though he barely paid them any mind.

He gave her a warm, if tired smile.

"J-Jaune," she whispered, tears coming to her eyes. He walked over and hugged her, a hug she gladly returned as best she could-There were many tubes and devices stuck to her.

"The doctors say you're going to be okay," Jaune whispered, "But it was... It was touch and go for a while."

"How long-?"

"A week," Jaune said bluntly. He caressed her cheek, as though to make sure she was really here. She nuzzled into it, enjoying his touch.

"You... You all right?" She managed. "Is everyone all right?"

"Nora and Ren are fine, just tired," Jaune said with a fond smile towards his friends, "They wouldn't leave your side. Ruby and her team are..." He paused, "They're okay. Yang's... She lost an arm, but she's alive."

"Oh, no," Pyrrha whispered. Jaune rubbed her back.

"She'll be okay," Jaune insisted, "We... We'll get her the best help we can."

Pyrrha nodded.

"... What about Cinder? And the Dragon?"

"Escaped," Jaune said, his eyes dark with anger, "We managed to hit them both hard enough to retreat, but we have no idea where they are now. Or what happened to the rest of her team."

"And Vale?" Pyrrha asked.

Jaune was silent for a moment.

"The Atlasian Navy was taken over by a virus, along with their drones," Jaune said bluntly, "They caused... Massive damage to the city, and turned off the auto defenses. Thousands are dead. Tens of thousands are homeless. We managed to get the defenses back online, just before we went after you. I... I got some help from Menagerie."

"Menagerie?" Pyrrha gasped. While she had no anti-Faunus feelings, the idea that the kingdom of Faunus would aid them sounded ridiculous. They had no love for humans! "How?"

Jaune sighed heavily.

"The Council was killed in the first few minutes of the assault," he said, "Along with Ozpin. The... Vale needed leadership. And..." He smiled sadly, "I'm the only heir to the throne around, so... I'm King now."

Pyrrha's eyes widened in shock. When she learned about Jaune's heritage... She had loved him more. Not because he was royalty, but because he rejected it. He wanted to be himself, not an idol for others to worship. To know how much alike they were? Jaune Arc had a permanent place in her heart after that.

She shakily raised a hand to cup his cheek. He looked so much older now, with his five-o'clock shadow and hardened eyes.

"You did what you had to, to save the kingdom," she murmured, "I-I'm... I'm very proud of you. I know it's hard, but I know you'll do a great job. You... You rallied the people and another kingdom to our cause, that's not easy."

Jaune sighed heavily again.

"Yeah... Well... You're not going to like how I did it," he murmured.

"Why?" Pyrrha asked.

One of the Rangers from outside coughed.

"Your Majesty," he said, "The Queen has arrived."

"Queen?" Pyrrha mumbled, in shock.

"She's not the Queen yet, Ranger, and you know she doesn't like that," Jaune said tiredly, "Bring her in."

Escorted by two Faunus in dark blue armor, Blake Belladonna entered the hospital room. She smiled warmly and wrapped her arms around Jaune.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah," Jaune nodded, hugging her back. "Yang okay?"

"She's... She's not great, but she's doing better," she said quietly. She turned to Pyrrha with a small smile. "Hello Pyrrha. I'm... I'm very glad to see you're okay."

"Queen?" Pyrrha asked again. Blake and Jaune both winced. Blake recovered first.

"My father and mother... Menagerie is a bit old fashioned when it comes to politics, in some ways," she explained, "The only way to convince our forces to come to Vale to aid them... Was with a political alliance. A... A political marriage. And since I'm the only child of my parents, the Chieftains of Menagerie..."

She held up her hand. A silver wedding band was on her finger. A matching one was on Jaune's.

"We're to be married to secure the Alliance," Jaune said, quiet and remorseful. Blake looked just as awkward.

Which is when Pyrrha passed out.

- - -

Yeah I don't even know how this came about.

I imagine that during the craziness of the Festival, Jaune landed in Vale and was found by Cardin and some of his people. His dad was just killed and the city's auto defenses have gone crazy. And the Atlasian Navy has withdrawn to prevent firing more on the city. So, Jaune just goes "Fuck it, take charge."

He storms the control center for Vale's automatic defenses, and manages to figure out how to reboot the system and purge the virus. That improves the city's status a lot. He then manages to call Blake, tells her to get Menagerie's forces here by any means necessary, and say he will agree to anything they want (within reason). Then, he has Cardin and his family followers go get some Bullheads from the police, have them load up with every gun and missile launcher and weapon they can, and they fly to Beacon. They find and pick up as many students and Hunters as possible, and rescue anyone they can.

They then engage Cinder and the Grimm Dragon at Beacon Tower, save Pyrrha, and pull back when the Menagerie forces arrive. They then chase off the Grimm Dragon and Cinder.

(The Menagerie Forces would have been deployed in response to the Atlasian Navy being deployed. Just like in the real world, when the US Navy deploys near China, there are always Chinese naval forces deployed to keep an eye on them, even if they're not at war.)

To give the people some hope, Cardin's family and other Monarchists televise Jaune taking the oath to become the King of Vale according to a provision in the Constitution that allows for a King to be appointed on a temporary basis in a crisis if the entire Council is dead. Jaune's first official act as King is to take command of all police and Hunter forces in Vale and order them to work together with the Menagerie forces to retake the city.

He then meets with Blake and the Menagerie forces. Blake then puts him on with her parents, who are willing to ally with Vale and offer aid... If he will marry Blake. Jaune agrees. And for the rest of the week, Jaune, Blake, Ruby, and anyone else of able body have been fighting to secure Vale, rescue civilians, and counter-attack any remaining White Fang soldiers and Grimm.

I imagine that during the craziness of the Festival, Jaune landed in Vale and was found by Cardin and some of his people. His dad was just killed and the city's auto defenses have gone crazy. And the Atlasian Navy has withdrawn to prevent firing more on the city. So, Jaune just goes "Fuck it, take charge."

He storms the control center for Vale's automatic defenses, and manages to figure out how to reboot the system and purge the virus. That improves the city's status a lot. He then manages to call Blake, tells her to get Menagerie's forces here by any means necessary, and say he will agree to anything they want (within reason). Then, he has Cardin and his family followers go get some Bullheads from the police, have them load up with every gun and missile launcher and weapon they can, and they fly to Beacon. They find and pick up as many students and Hunters as possible, and rescue anyone they can.

They then engage Cinder and the Grimm Dragon at Beacon Tower, save Pyrrha, and pull back when the Menagerie forces arrive. They then chase off the Grimm Dragon and Cinder.

(The Menagerie Forces would have been deployed in response to the Atlasian Navy being deployed. Just like in the real world, when the US Navy deploys near China, there are always Chinese naval forces deployed to keep an eye on them, even if they're not at war.)

To give the people some hope, Cardin's family and other Monarchists televise Jaune taking the oath to become the King of Vale according to a provision in the Constitution that allows for a King to be appointed on a temporary basis in a crisis if the entire Council is dead. Jaune's first official act as King is to take command of all police and Hunter forces in Vale and order them to work together with the Menagerie forces to retake the city.

He then meets with Blake and the Menagerie forces. Blake then puts him on with her parents, who are willing to ally with Vale and offer aid... If he will marry Blake. Jaune agrees. And for the rest of the week, Jaune, Blake, Ruby, and anyone else of able body have been fighting to secure Vale, rescue civilians, and counter-attack any remaining White Fang soldiers and Grimm.
That whole thing sounds epic and another way rwby could have been that sounds better than canon rwby

As for the conversation between Jaune, Blake, and Blake's parents...

Ghira: "Please King Jaune, marry our daughter! Solve her terrible, awful, horrific taste in men!"

Blake: "And where do you think I got that from, huh?!"

Kali: "Definitely not from me."

Blake: "MOM!"

Kali: "I'm only speaking the truth, dear!"

Jaune: "I... You're serious?"

Ghira: "Well we do want to have closer ties to the human nations and to help prevent a total collapse of civilization, of course... But on a personal level, we were desperate for Blake to marry someone who wasn't completely awful and would give us grandchildren."

Jaune: "Ah. Fair enough."

Blake: grumbles

"My father and mother... Menagerie is a bit old fashioned when it comes to politics, in some ways," she explained, "The only way to convince our forces to come to Vale to aid them... Was with a political alliance. A... A political marriage. And since I'm the only child of my parents, the Chieftains of Menagerie..."

She held up her hand. A silver wedding band was on her finger. A matching one was on Jaune's.

"We're to be married to secure the Alliance," Jaune said, quiet and remorseful. Blake looked just as awkward.

Which is when Pyrrha passed out.

Ghira: "Please King Jaune, marry our daughter! Solve her terrible, awful, horrific taste in men!"

Spoiler, the Royal Wedding is attacked by Ilia.

As for the conversation between Jaune, Blake, and Blake's parents...

Blake: "And where do you think I got that from, huh?!"

Kali: "Definitely not from me."

Blake: "MOM!"

Kali: "I'm only speaking the truth, dear!"

Jaune: "I... You're serious?"

Ghira: "Well we do want to have closer ties to the human nations and to help prevent a total collapse of civilization, of course... But on a personal level, we were desperate for Blake to marry someone who wasn't completely awful and would give us grandchildren."

Jaune: "Ah. Fair enough."

Blake: grumbles
Blake: ONE TIME ,ONE FUCKING TIME I LITERALLY DIDNT KNOW BETTER .

Blake: ONE TIME ,ONE FUCKING TIME I LITERALLY DIDNT KNOW BETTER .

Kali: "Wait, when did your relationship begin?"

Blake: "When I was fifteen!"

Ghira: "... What."

Kali: "What."

Jaune: "WHAT."

Blake; "I-I mean... He told me that ages of consent were rules imposed by humans-"

Jaune: "CARDIN."

Cardin: "Yes my King?"

Jaune: "ISSUE AN ORDER THROUGHOUT MY KINGDOM: ADAM TAURUS IS WANTED, DEAD. NOT ALIVE. FOR ALL HIS MYRIAD CRIMES ALONG WITH PEDERASTY. I WANT HIM DEAD."

Cardin: grins savagely "Yes my King!"

Ghira: "THAT GOES DOUBLE FOR ME."

Jaune: "DOUBLE BOUNTY FOR HIM DEAD!"

Kali: "No. Not dead. Alive. Because I WANT TO TAKE MY TIME KILLING HIM."

Jaune: "VERY WELL. DEAD OR BARELY ALIVE, CARDIN. I WANT TO INTRODUCE HIS BALLS TO A TURBO POWERED CHEESE GRATER!"

Yang: "Holy... Shit... Is it weird I find Jaune insanely hot when he's bloodthirsty?"

Pyrrha, Blake, and Ruby: drooling "No..."

Kali: "Wait, when did your relationship begin?"

Blake: "When I was fifteen!"

Ghira: "... What."

Kali: "What."

Jaune: "WHAT."

Blake; "I-I mean... He told me that ages of consent were rules imposed by humans-"

Jaune: "CARDIN."

Cardin: "Yes my King?"

Jaune: "ISSUE AN ORDER THROUGHOUT MY KINGDOM: ADAM TAURUS IS WANTED, DEAD. NOT ALIVE. FOR ALL HIS MYRIAD CRIMES ALONG WITH PEDERASTY. I WANT HIM DEAD."

Cardin: grins savagely "Yes my King!"

Ghira: "THAT GOES DOUBLE FOR ME."

Jaune: "DOUBLE BOUNTY FOR HIM DEAD!"

Kali: "No. Not dead. Alive. Because I WANT TO TAKE MY TIME KILLING HIM."

Jaune: "VERY WELL. DEAD OR BARELY ALIVE, CARDIN. I WANT TO INTRODUCE HIS BALLS TO A TURBO POWERED CHEESE GRATER!"

Yang: "Holy... Shit... Is it weird I find Jaune insanely hot when he's bloodthirsty?"

Pyrrha, Blake, and Ruby: drooling "No..."
Weiss calmly wandering whether Blake will accept a second wife: he wears the crown well.

What would be the reactions from the other Kingdoms that Vale now has a King, I wonder? A King who was a farm boy from Northern Sanus that no one has ever heard of before?

Atlas

Weiss: "Any news of Vale, Klein?"

Klein: "Yes mistress. The city has partial communications restored. There is an announcement from their new King."

Weiss: "Wait, their king?!"

She watches the broadcast.

Jaune: "This Cinder Fall and her known associates have been designated by me and the government of Menagerie as enemies of all life on Remnant. Under the constitution of Vale and with the assent of the new Council, I have issued billion lien bounties for all of them: Dead or Alive. We will not rest, we will not stop, we will falter in our pursuit of justice. The blood of thousands of innocent people is on their hands, and they. Will. PAY. As part of this, I have requested the new Council of Vale authorize the re-establishment of the Vale Defense Force. The damage to our kingdom is massive, and restoring safety, order and peace will be difficult. But I know... I know we will prevail. I've fought alongside Valeans. I am a Valean. I know that no matter how dark our situation may be? The dawn will come. As long as there are men and women willing to fight for it. Thank you."

Klein: "Well! He's certainly gone up in the world, wouldn't you say Mistress Weiss? ... Mistress Weiss?"

Weiss: blushing "... Did he... Get taller since I last saw him?"

Klein: "Kings are seldom permitted to slouch, mistress."

Lines of Succession: Deceit
Jaune Arc is King of Vale. And he has to work very hard. But he does get some good news who walks in through his office door.

Jaune: "Professor Goodwitch!"

Glynda: "Mister Arc... I mean... Your Majesty-"

Jaune: "Whatever, Miss Goodwitch, I'm just Jaune."

He gets up and hugs her.

Gynda: "O-Oh... Um..." Hugs him back

Jaune: "I'm so glad to see you alive, ma'am."

Glynda: "Well... You're the King now. I didn't see that coming."

Jaune: "No one did. Especially me. Will you help me?"

Glynda: sighs "I suppose I'll have to." smiles "I know your test scores."

Jaune: "Haaaa... Thanks..."

Later on...

Glynda: "Mister Arc. There are several White Fang terrorists holed up in a warehouse here, surrounded by our forces."

Jaune: "Do they have hostages?"

Glynda: "No."

Jaune: "Bombs?"

Glynda: "No."

Jaune: "... All right. Put me on with the police chief there, and put me on speaker."

It is done.

Jaune: "White Fang terrorists, this is King Jaune. You have two options: Surrender and turn over your weapons, or I'll have your hiding place destroyed. You have twenty seconds to respond."

WF Agent: "You can't do that."

Jaune: "You idiots helped start a Grimm attack for a terrorist who could control them. Go on, tell me you have rights after that!"

WF Agent: "If we surrender, what happens to us?"

Jaune: "You'll receive trials based on your crimes. A fair trial here is unlikely, so most of you will be shipped to Menagerie to be tried there."

WF Agent: "Please. You just want to kill us all!"

Jaune: "If I wanted that, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. You can surrender and have the chance of living in prison, depending on your crimes, or me having my troops kill you all right now. What's your choice?"

WF Agent: "What guarantees do we have you'll accept our surrender?"

Jaune: "I know mercy is a skill you all like to pretend doesn't exist, but some of us actually have empathy for the humanitarian option. You want to not be treated like a crazy terrorist cell? Throw down your weapons"

WF Agent: HEY!! We were just-"

Jaune: "WORKING WITH SOMEONE WHO COULD CONTROL THE GRIMM!"

WF: "She said she would kill us if we didn't do it!"

Jaune: "All of you!?!?! Every single one of you, all of your Semblances, all of your Dust, and you were more afraid of one woman with an ego and fire powers than what we would do to you if you did this?!?!"

WF Agent: "W-We...!"

Jaune: "Several of my classmates are dead or were nearly killed in this attack. People I knew and cared about. I do NOT want to offer mercy to ANY of you... But I know I have to, because if I didn't? I'd be a tyrant, and not a King. Do NOT make me into a tyrant. Do not test me. Four other cells of yours have already been executed, down to the last man, for NOT surrendering. Do not make that same mistake."

WF Agent: deep breath "...okay. Okay. I-I'm coming out"

Jaune: "Alright, you're getting shipped to Menagerie, and I have been asked by King Belladonna to inform you that he has some questions for you all about Adam Taurus, his daughter, their relationship, and why 'no one thought to intervene or have the decency of calling her mother or I' before we send you off. Just incase you thought you would be getting a sympathetic trial."

WF Agents: (Gulp)

Afterwards...

Glynda: "Mister Arc, last I checked, you hadn't actually ordered the execution of any White Fang groups."

Jaune: "No, I haven't. But they don't know that."

Glynda: "... You might actually have a chance of surviving in politics, Mister Arc."

Jaune: sighs "Thanks for making me feel worse, Professor."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back