• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

On Railgun Swords 2
Ruby: okay…. n-n-n-no need to panic! I just need to look up the make and model number, make note of the various mods, and and… and sell my soul for 1 billion lien and i should be good!

Ruby emerges into the common room nervously. She sees Jaune.

Jaune: "Oh, hey Ruby! How's Blont Joyeux?

Ruby: "Huh? What?"

Jaune: "Uh, my dad's sword?"

Ruby: "O-Oh... Um... Great! It's really an amazing piece of work!"

Jaune: "Isn't it? I remember Dad sitting me in his lap when I was four to help him clean the insulators! Though uh, one time? He got up to go have a beer and I tried to pull out some Grimm gunk between a breaker and didn't trip them first. I might have been electrocuted if Dad hadn't thrown himself at Blont Joyeux to knock it away."

Ruby: "Hahaha... Oh, wow, that was... Um... Heroic of him!"

Jaune: "Yeah. Heh. Mom forbade me from working on the sword with him anymore. He would sneak me in sometimes though, but he never, EVER left me alone with it. He said that while Blont Joyeux protected his family, she needed to be treated with respect. If you messed her up, she'd be like an unruly horse: She'd crush your skull."

Ruby: "Y-Yeah... Uncle Qrow was like that with Crescent Rose. He always watched over me when I worked on it."

Jaune: "That's great, Ruby!"

Ruby: "S-Sooo... Um... Blont Joyeus... Just out of curiosity, who made it?"

Jaune: "Don't know. Apparently it was some prototype kept in this abandoned Atlasian military hardware warehouse. My mom and dad's team was fighting some thieves trying to raid it. One guy shattered both my dad's swords, and nearly had him. He then reached into what looked like a big junk drawer of sword, pulled out one, and swung it while channeling all the Aura he could into it!"

Jaune chuckled.

Jaune: "It was still loaded, can you believe it? So yeah, he annihilated those guys!"

Ruby: "W-Wow... So um... Did he find any plans? Schematics? An instruction manual?"

Jaune: "He had to take her apart and put her back together again to figure it out. Then make his own ammo and replacement parts. Apparently the thieves downloaded all the design documentation for the prototype weapons in the warehouse, then destroyed the servers... And uh, then Aunt Saia destroyed their data drive with her Death Ray. So, uh, no."

Ruby: "Ohhhhh!" groans "How much do you know?! You helped your dad maintain her, right?!"

Jaune: "Well yeah, but come on Ruby. You're the mechanical genius! I just worked on tractors and stuff. It's not like you broke her or anything, right? I mean, that would be impossible! Even if you did, you could fix it right up again!"

Ruby: "R-R-Right! Of-Of course I could, ahahaha!"

Jaune: " But my dad has maintained Blont Joyeus himself for years after! It's all in his head! He'd be able to answer any questions you might have-"

Ruby: "N-NO! No! I'm fine! I'll ask him questions later! Also, for no real reason but um can you do me a favor?"

Jaune: "Sure, what?"

Ruby: "Could you help me move something REALLY big and heavy to the school workshop and forge and NOT ask any questions about what it is?"

Jaune: "... Ruby... Did you kill someone and need to dispose of the body?"

Ruby: "What?! NO!"

Jaune: "Ruby, if you did, I am fully willing to help cover it up. Who was it? Sky Lark? Did he try to take advantage of you? I knew his geeky nature was covering up some creep! If he's still alive, he won't be for long."

Last edited:
I find it hilarious how easy it is to imagine Jaune as thst guy who would help get rid of a body.

Pyrrha: "Hee... So... You know how to dispose of bodies? Why?"

Jaune: "Why are you so interested? I've never done that before... In a legally actionable way."

Pyrrha: bites her lower lip

Ruby: "N-NO! No! I'm fine! I'll ask him questions later! Also, for no real reason but um can you do me a favor?"

Jaune: "Sure, what?"

Ruby: "Could you help me move something REALLY big and heavy to the school workshop and forge and NOT ask any questions about what it is?"

Jaune: "Ruby, if you did, I am fully willing to help cover it up. Who was it? Sky Lark? Did he try to take advantage of you? I knew his geeky nature was covering up some creep! If he's still alive, he won't be for long."

I love how almost the whole FNDM accepted that if not a couple then Jaune can be as much of an overprotective older sibling to Ruby as Yang is.

A few more ideas:

-Isabel Arc is concerned with the psychological condition of several Hunters-in-Training at Beacon. So she acts as a part-time counselor to the students. Things uh... Things don't go well. Poor Isabel.

-Sun and Neptune have a fight and are trying to make others their friends to torment the others. Sun grabs Jaune, and Neptune tries to grab various girls.

-Ren decides to take Nora out on a date. But he needs some advice on how to do this. Jaune tries to help him... And Pyrrha leaps at the opportunity.

-Jaune, Ruby and Yang try to teach their friends a lot of normal things. Jaune mainly. Here are some ideas:

-Going to a movie
-Swimming for fun and not for combat
-Shooting for fun and not for combat
-Going out to the coffee shop
-Going out to comic book shop
-Going out for drives for fun
-Alcohol
-Baseball games
-Football games (American or World)
-And so on

-Pyrrha is worried when a childhood friend of Jaune's shows up. A beautiful young woman.

-Aqua Arc becomes a pain of a houseguest. So Jaune tries to get her and Kazuma together quickly.

-Orchid Arc visits Vale and starts doing some engineering. It turns out she's rather gifted... But also a bit of a mad scientist.

-Lisa Lavender continues her outrageous yellow journalism.

Aqua: Mortals... Can even teach a goddess... Like Kazuma taught me... Ohhhh I hope I see him again someday...!

Then Vanir and Wiz show up in Vale, having opened up a shop.

Vanir: "Hahahaha! Tis indeed moi, boy who wonders why the Crimson Demon is still flat chested after reincarnation!"
Kazuma: "Oi, phrasing!"

Vanir: "Hoh? You doubt that I am a Duke of Hell, girl who wonders whether her own mother loved being a hero more than her own child?"
Ruby: *lip wobbles*

-Pyrrha is worried when a childhood friend of Jaune's shows up. A beautiful young woman.

Pyrrha is not happy. She hasn't been happy since Sam showed up at beacon to drop in on her buddy Jaune.

Worst part? She's pretty, really pretty. Dirty blonde hair to her shoulders and green eyes that shine with mischief. Pyrrha couldn't get a good look at how big her chest was because the smaller woman was drowning in one of jaunes hoodies (yes pyrrha was extremely jealous), but pyrrha was pretty sure she beat Sam there at least.

Unfortunately Sam beat everyone except Blake in booty and even that might be a tie since Sam happened to like short shorts.

Nora: wow fearless leader you didn't tell us you knew such a babe.

Jaune: hyeh?

Nora: you know, Sam? The hottie sitting right next to you?

Jaune: But Sam is a dude?

NPR: What?

Sam: that didn't stop you from trying to marry me when we were six. I even still have that plastic ring~

Pyrrha: oh my.

Pyrrha still isn't fond of this situation. But Blake is absolutely loving it.

So can we talk about how one part of Andrew's railgun post is a better prompt idea than at least half of his latest prompt idea post namely this part:

Jaune: "Ruby, if you did, I am fully willing to help cover it up. Who was it? Sky Lark? Did he try to take advantage of you? I knew his geeky nature was covering up some creep! If he's still alive, he won't be for long.

I kind of want to see a story where Yang or Blake takes him up on that offer

So can we talk about how one part of Andrew's railgun post is a better prompt idea than at least half of his latest prompt idea post namely this part:

Jaune: "Ruby, if you did, I am fully willing to help cover it up. Who was it? Sky Lark? Did he try to take advantage of you? I knew his geeky nature was covering up some creep! If he's still alive, he won't be for long.

I kind of want to see a story where Yang or Blake takes him up on that offer

Only half? I'm slipping.

Well, he does come from a rural community that saw better days and is very close knit. They may have taken the law into their hands a few times.

Pyrrha, Blake and Yang find this rather hot in Jaune. Pyrrha finding it hotter than others, of course.

Last edited:
Jaune: We caught a guy trying to rape one of local girls. We fed him to the pigs.

Ruby: fucker had it coming

Yang: RUBY LANGUAGE!

Ruby: Tell me it is inapprotate in this case. THAT GUY WAS A FUCKER WHO HAD IT COMING!

Blake and Weiss: yeah

Ruby: See they agree with me here.

Yang pounts

You know what we need? More bro bonding moments with Jaune and Ren. Make them play some sports together, Ren teaching Jaune aura control, or as one story did, become models together and slowly grow their way to make stardom one edition at a time. or Jaune being a bro and taking one for Ren and keeping Nora occupied for the day.

Something, just more Ren and Jaune bonding as brothers. With Jaune noticeably being the more energetic and caring older brother. With Ren being the quieter but observant younger brother.

Edit: Oh, idea Juane secretly being a bro and tries to set up Nora and Ren on dates. Ren also does the same for Jaune and Pyrrha. Neither of them know this. But Nora and Pyrrha are wholly aware of their shenanigans and can't help but find it funny.

Last edited:
Radian Dust Fishing
You know what we need? More bro bonding moments with Jaune and Ren. Make them play some sports together, Ren teaching Jaune aura control, or as one story did, become models together and slowly grow their way to make stardom one edition at a time. or Jaune being a bro and taking one for Ren and keeping Nora occupied for the day.

Something, just more Ren and Jaune bonding as brothers. With Jaune noticeably being the more energetic and caring older brother. With Ren being the quieter but observant younger brother.

Edit: Oh, idea Juane secretly being a bro and tries to set up Nora and Ren on dates. Ren also does the same for Jaune and Pyrrha. Neither of them know this. But Nora and Pyrrha are wholly aware of their shenanigans and can't help but find it funny.

Jaune: today Ren I'm going to teach you the good old tradition of Radian Dust Fishing.

Ren: Please tell me this isn't what I think it is.

Jaune: I would, but I'd be lying. It's not as bad as you think.

*Jaune pulls out a small box full of red, blue, yellow, and purple pellets about the size of a pea*

Jaune: so the red ones heat a small area enough to kill a fish if you hit it directly with the pellet, blue ones do the same but with cold. Yellow causes a paralysis effect in case you wanna try getting them with a net and purple makes them float out of the water.

Ren: huh. I was expecting.....

Jaune: big boom?

Ren: big boom.

Jaune: well for one this is supposed to be a family activity so you don't want anything SUPER dangerous at worst these things will give a human a mild burn or some stiff fingers as long as they have aura or someone with aura nearby, another thing is this helps with aim training for young.

Ren: that's actually pretty cool.

Jaune: yeah you get started I gotta run back to the dorm real quick and grab something I forgot.

*Jaune leaves. A wild Nora appears*

Nora: this doesn't look like a shortcut to pancake palace....

Ren: hello Nora.

Nora: hi Ren, whatcha doing?

Ren: fishing.

Nora: without polls?

Ren: with dust.

Nora: *gasp* lemme lemme lemme!!!

*Behind a tree Jaune whispers to himself*

Jaune: all according to keikaku.

(Note: keikaku means plan)

Nick: "Hey sweetie."

Ruby: "Hello sir... Can I see your railgun sword?"

Nick: "Only if you marry my son-"

Tai proceeds to troll Ruby and Yang by implying that he's offered Yang's hand in marriage to Jaune as payment for the destruction of Nick's sword.

Ruby freaks out, and...

Ruby: "Nooooo, take me instead! It's my fault! I swear I'll be a good wife!"
JNPR: *collective spit take*
Ruby: "Yang's already given up so much for me! Please Jaune, don't take away her freedom too!"
Jaune: "What."
Ruby: " SHE WANTS TO ADVENTURE AND LIVE FOR THE JOURNEY AND BE A LESBIAN BIKER CAT LADY IN A SINGLE APARTMENT! DON'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM HER!"

Last edited:
Tai proceeds to troll Ruby and Yang by implying that he's offered Yang's hand in marriage to Jaune as payment for the destruction of Nick's sword.

Ruby freaks out, and...

Ruby: "Nooooo, take me instead! It's my fault! I swear I'll be a good wife!"
JNPR: *collective spit take*
Ruby: "Yang's already given up so much for me! Please Jaune, don't take away her freedom too!"
Jaune: "What."
Ruby: " SHE WANTS TO ADVENTURE AND LIVE FOR THE JOURNEY AND BE A LESBIAN BIKER CAT LADY IN A SINGLE APARTMENT! DON'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM HER!"
rendercombined.jpg

You know a fun way to make a DxD crossover without actually needing too much DxD?

Pair Jaune and Pyrrha.

Her color scheme and natural battle talent + jaunes Amp semblance.

You've basically got a human version of Ddraig.

And hell let's sprinkle in that harem protagonist aura for fun.

Could even still have the boosted gear as his huntsmen weapon or something.

Last edited:
Isabel's Therapy 1
-Isabel Arc is concerned with the psychological condition of several Hunters-in-Training at Beacon. So she acts as a part-time counselor to the students. Things uh... Things don't go well. Poor Isabel.

Weiss: ...and this concludes my essay on the "daddy kink". Which I totally don't have.

Isabel: I see. We will address that on our next meeting, miss Schnee. After I finish that bottle of Aspirin. Next!

Blake: Hello, Mrs. Arc. I will be straightforward with you, I intend to offer myself to your son as a slave and I need to know how to break it to him so he won't freak out and run away.

Isabel: (stares)

Blake: (stares back, South Park style)

Isabel: NEXT!

Pyrrha: Hello, future mother-in-law.

(Later)

Isabel: How come you're the sanest one?

Nora: I dunno. It's mystery.

Isabel's Therapy 2
Weiss: ...and this concludes my essay on the "daddy kink". Which I totally don't have.

Isabel: I see. We will address that on our next meeting, miss Schnee. After I finish that bottle of Aspirin. Next!

Blake: Hello, Mrs. Arc. I will be straightforward with you, I intend to offer myself to your son as a slave and I need to know how to break it to him so he won't freak out and run away.

Isabel: (stares)

Blake: (stares back, South Park style)

Isabel: NEXT!

Pyrrha: Hello, future mother-in-law.

(Later)

Isabel: How come you're the sanest one?

Nora: I dunno. It's mystery.

*Later that evening*

Isabel: "This place is so fucked up." *Writing her class notes for the next week*

-A knock on the door-

Isabel: "Yes?"

Jaune: "Just me, mom. Can I talk to you?"

Isabel: "Come on in, Jaune. I always have time for my baby boy."

*Jaune comes in, the thousand-yard stare is prevalent*

Isabel: *Turns in her chair to face Jaune* "What's up?"

Jaune: *Still with the thousand-yard stare* "I…"

Isabel: "Uh-oh."

Jaune: *Sits down on another chair* "My partner, Pyrrha, just confessed to me that she loved me. Yang followed immediately after. Blake showed me a collar that said 'Property of Jaune Arc' and asked me to put it on her. Ruby flew herself into my chest as she confessed to me. Weiss called me 'Daddy' as I was trying to recover from the impact of Ruby hitting me.-"

*10 minutes later, after Jaune speaks about the transfers also confessing, even if they have only seen Jaune once-or-twice.*

Jaune: "And then there's Wint-"

Isabel: "Jaune."

Jaune: "Y-yes?"

Isabel: "You need to follow your heart, and think with your mind. Do you like them like that?"

Jaune: *Finally getting away from the thousand-yard stare calming down* "I-"

Jaune: *Deflates as his head hangs* "I don't know. I care for Pyrrha and Team RWBY. But I don't want to hurt anyone else."

Isabel: "Jaune, you're my son. I can offer this only as a mother."

Jaune: *Raises his head to look at Isabel*

Isabel: "I asked the same thing when I had all of you. From Saphron to Tanya and every child in between. But I realized that love is not a finite resource. Only you can decide who you truly like and love."

Jaune: "Mom-"

Isabel: "Jaune, your life is yours. I am only one part to help guide it. If you feel you can find it in yourself to love them, then try."

Jaune: "But what of those I can't find to love?"

Isabel: "Then do your best to let them down as gently as possible."

Jaune: *stands up, walks to Isabel and gives her a hug* "Thanks, mom."

Isabel: *smiles at the embrace* "Anytime, Jaune."

*Jaune releases the hug and turns for the door*

Isabel: "Oh, and Jaune?"

Jaune: *Stops and turns to Isabel* "Yeah, Mom?"

Isabel: "I know you didn't ask this specific question. But I'd certainly give Pyrrha and Yang extra attention, regardless. They need it, for a number of reasons."

Jaune: *Nods with a huff of amusement and a grin* "Thanks for telling me."

Isabel: "Besides, your children with them would be adorable."

Jaune: *Beet Red* "M-mom!"

*Jaune leaves the room, closing the door behind him*

Isabel: *sighs* "I hope I didn't lead him astray."

*Another knock on the door*

Isabel: "Come in."

*Velvet walks in*

Isabel: "Oh, Miss Scarlatina. What can I do for you?"

Velvet: "How can I tell someone I want to fuck them so hard it could break their pelvis?"

Isabel: *Thousand-yard stare*

Last edited:
-Aqua Arc becomes a pain of a houseguest. So Jaune tries to get her and Kazuma together quickly.

Aqua still bears remnants of her divine senses...which means she can see ghosts. Hilarity ensues as Summer Rose finds herself in Aqua's crosshairs.

Aqua still has peerless artistic skills and Jaune is savvy enough to exploit that.

Vanir has fun with the cast's neuroses.

Eris still watches out for her sempai. Aqua is horrified when her baby brother thinks that the responsible goddess is worthy of worship.

Yang is amazed by Lalatina - I mean, Darkness's tanking and endurance and starts emulating her. Hilarity ensues.

Wiz is still the cheerful ditz she was in the old world. Tukson's death or the attack on Beacon has her revealing her full power out of sheer unrivalled fury.

The succubus cafe opens in Vale.

Isabel Therapy Sessions: Jaune
Of course, Jaune's got his own issues.

Jaune: "You NEVER believed in me!"

Isabel: "That's not true, Jaune! I believed you could be a great doctor-"

Jaune: "And I didn't WANT to be a Doctor!"

Isabel: scowls "You're not cut out to be a Huntsman, Jaune! You spent so much of your life being sickly and weak-"

Jaune: "And I'm FINE now! Hell, with barely any training, I'm still better than 20 percent of the people here! If I work hard enough-"

Isabel: "If you work hard enough, you're going to find yourself in a horrific position! You'll see horrors! You'll go through horrors! You might lose people you love or die pointlessly-!"

Jaune: "Maybe I will! But at least I'll be trying to help and protect people like YOU used to do! Instead of hiding in a hospital and making dad putter around behind city walls!"

Isabel: "We do good work, Jaune! Work YOU could still do! You're romanticizing the life of a Huntsman and it WILL get you or people you care about killed! You're just living a fantasy-!"

Jaune: "Why do my sisters get to choose their paths, but I have to be YOUR vanity project?!"

Isabel: "You're not my-!"

Jaune: "YES I AM! I know why you kept forcing me to do all this crap! You don't think of me as ME! Just some weak little loser YOU have to manage and control because otherwise, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT! Isn't that right, Mom?!"

Isabel: "That is NOT what I-!"

Jaune: "Except that you didn't think I could choose for myself! Well I am choosing for myself! And if you think I'm going to die well I'll just prove you and Dad wrong out of SPITE!"

He storms out. Isabel sighs and collapses in her office chair.

Isabel's Therapy Sessions: Izzy and Nick
Isabel: "Nick... Nick. You agreed with me! You-You let me push Jaune to become a Doctor!"

Nick: nods "Yes."

Isabel: "You agreed that it was too dangerous for him to become a Huntsman!"

Nick: nods "Yes."

Isabel: "Well... Why aren't you saying anything?! Why aren't you helping me make him go back home?"

Nick takes a deep breath, and lets it go.

Nick: "Izzy, you know I love you. I love our kids. And I know you do too, you just want what's best for them. And some of our kids you have known exactly what was best for them. Verdy and Coral do need to be close to home for a while longer. Orchid is happy in engineering. Lilac is too in love with the farm and Radian to ever want to leave. But Tangy, Aqua, Saphron, and Jaune all wanted different things. And you didn't want to see that because you care about them so much."

Isabel: "I..."

Nick: "Tangy was never gonna be happy as some financial guru: She's got too much of a fighter's savagery in her for that. Aqua was never gonna be happy following in your footsteps: She needed to be free as a river to settle down on her terms. Saphron you did a lot better with, but you pressured her too much to follow your plan for life and so she left. And Jaune was never gonna be happy as a doctor in a bubble you made for him."

Isabel: "Then why did you go along with my wishes?!"

Nick: "Because I love you. And most of the time you do know better than me! In these cases though... You didn't."

Isabel: "So you just-just undermined me and went behind my back-!"

Nick: "I didn't undermine you, Izzy. I went along until it was clear it wouldn't work anymore. Tangy wanted training? I trained her and her men. Aqua needed some backup? I provided. Saphron needed a train ticket? I got it for her. And Jaune was so stubborn he just ran out. I could have caught him and brought him back, but I didn't."

Isabel: in tears "You know what kind of... You were at Mountain Glenn with me-"

Nick: "I was. I will never forget it. A lot of good people died and the government decided to cut them off and leave them to the Grimm" sighs "You know I still have nightmares... But ultimately, our children are people. They have to make their own decisions, and we can't be there for them all the time. All we can do is trust and hope they make more good decisions than bad and that we taught them well."

Isabel: sniffles.

Nick hugs her with one arm as she cries.

Isabel: "I'm a bad mother..."

Nick: "No. I'm a bad husband, Izzy. I was too afraid to just tell you outright what I was doing, I just went and did it because... Because it needed to be done. I'm sorry."

Isabel: sobs "I love you for that, you know... Just plowing through because of what you felt was right... I just..."

Nick: "It's all right, Izzy, it's all right... Grandpa George told me that as long as everyone's alive? There's time to fix things. If you're willing to fix things with your terrible husband?"

Isabel: laughs through her tears "If you're willing to fix things with a terrible wife?"

Nick: "What terrible wife? I've only got the one and she's the best thing that ever happened to me."

Isabel: laughs some more "You corny idiot..."

Nick: "Yeah... Your idiot. Forever."

Isabel: "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Last edited:

Everyone is used to how racist Blake is, and has accepted that they can't fix her.

Isabel's only heard how bad Blake is, and thinks that she can fix her....

Last edited:
Doctor Knowall 2
Doctor Jaune Arc, or Doctor Knowall as he was going by, looked out of the restaurant window. The shining lights of Vale formed a beautiful outline against the darkness of the sky. The broken moon hung overhead, as it always did. And still did even in his time.

"Doctor? Doctor Knowall?"

"Hm? Oh, yes," Jaune said quickly, turning back to the woman across the table. The beautiful Glynda Goodwitch, the Deputy Headmistress of Beacon, raised an eyebrow at him. He smiled softly.

"Apologies. I haven't seen Vale in a long time."

Glynda slowly nodded, the tiniest hint of a smile on her face. If he didn't know any better, he would think she thought him attractive. Sure, he had gotten cleaned up and his suit was well tailored (He'd found one of Tangy's emergency funds she wouldn't tap and he knew how to get around the safeguards she set up to check for theft) but... No. He wasn't going to entertain anything like that.

Even if she was drop dead gorgeous. Almost as gorgeous as...

No. You are not thinking about that, Jaune admonished himself, as Glynda nodded.

"It is beautiful," she agreed quietly. She then returned to the serious expression she'd been wearing since he'd shown up.

"But we are short on time, Doctor."

"Of course," Jaune said, sitting up straight and trying to convey that he was confident, but not too confident. Honestly, he hadn't thought he would ever need the skills for a job interview ever again. Not after Radian...

No. No. Radian is fine. Radian will be fine. You just have to focus, He thought, as Glynda went through his files.

"Your residency and experience is heavily focused on the frontier," Glynda said, "Any particular reason? Your transcripts would have let you get a job at any major hospital."

Well I didn't exactly have much choice, seeing how civilization was collapsing around us, Jaune thought to himself. Outwardly, he shrugged.

"Isabel Arc started as a field combat medic. My teacher was taught by her, and he had the same philosophy before he died: Go out to heal and save whoever you can out there. Try to..."

He glanced at the island of light outside. One that would go dim in a few short years if he didn't...

"Try to push the boundaries of where the light reaches," Jaune decided on, "And help people who can't help themselves."

"It's a brutal task, Doctor," Glynda stated calmly, her eyes like hard emeralds, "A hard one."

"It is," Jaune agreed, "But... Someone has to do it, for there to be any kind of future."

Glynda stared into his eyes. He let his weariness show. That didn't require any thought, because it was the chief emotion he had felt back in the future: Tired.

Glynda slowly nodded.

"I see," she said quietly. "There are a few other candidates I will be interviewing. But... If it helps? I think you would do well at Beacon."

He allowed himself a small smile.

"Thank you, Professor. I had always hoped I would."

- - -

They exited after paying for their meal. Glynda raised an eyebrow as he walked nearby her. He shrugged.

"My apartment is in the same direction as the airship port," he explained.

"Indeed," Glynda hummed.

Knowall shrugged.

"Besides... While you are absolutely beautiful and amazing, I... Well..." He shrugged again and looked back up at the moon.

"I see," Glynda said softly, "Your wife?"

Jaune slowly nodded.

"Was going to be," he replied softly. "Grimm attack."

"I'm sorry," Glynda said, genuine sympathy in her tone as they walked. He nodded slowly, his expression like stone. He reached out to pat her shoulder gently, to reassure her where his face and words wouldn't. She nodded back, and looked ahead.

"Have you lost any...?" Jaune asked. He then sighed. "Sorry. That's too personal."

"I got personal first," Glynda said with gentle admonishment, "My parents. A perimeter breach in the town of Fluske, North Vale. I was at Beacon at the time. We got there and..." She shrugged. "My house was nearest the wall."

"Sorry," Jaune said quietly. Glynda nodded, and let out a soft sigh as they crossed the street.

"It is... Amazing how human beings can still go on, despite all we lose, isn't it?"

"I like to think so," Jaune replied.

There was an explosion ahead that blew out a shop's windows. Glynda pulled her riding crop while Jaune went into a combat stance. A few thugs in black and white pinstripe suits with bowler hats poured out of the shop, carrying barrels of Dust. A tall redhead in a white suit with black bowler and cane emerged, and spun around with a laugh.

"Ah... A nice night on the town," he sighed. He looked over at the two with a scowl. "Hey! Unless you want Roman Torchwick's autograph, you can scram!"

"I don't think so," Glynda stated firmly, raising her riding crop like a baton and sending rocks and debris around at Roman like a machine gun. Roman swung his cane and spun it, using Fire Dust to project a shield of flame. The other goons began to charge. Jaune took a deep breath... And dashed forward.

Remember Jaune, his mother's words came to him, You can't control your brain like I can with my Semblance. You'll have to emulate it with Aura control. But if you can speed up your ability to process information? Everything else will come far more easily.

The first thugs swung machine guns for him like they were in slow motion. A burst of speed and Jaune slammed his hands into their stomachs. He forward flipped over them, slamming his foot into the face of the next goon. He went down hard, while his buddies opened fire on him. Jaune bobbed and weaved, his arms flying almost loose behind him, before he again used a speed burst and punched two of the gunmen down. The third kept firing, and Jaune held up his arms to tank the shots. He then charged him, and swung his foot up between the guy's legs.

"GYAH!" He shrieked as he went flying right back through the broken storefront windows. Jaune turned back as Roman dueled with Glynda. Roman unleashed Fire Dust blasts in a furious barrage, which Glynda quickly countered with every telekinetically seized projectile she could get her Semblance on. Jaune dashed again, and swung a fist for the back of Roman's head.

SHING!

Reality... Shattered, as he missed Roman by scant inches. His eyes went wide.

What the-?! Enhance senses! NOW!

He channeled Aura to his nose, eyes, and ears. He took a sword stab to the side, and grunted as he stumbled. He heard the barest flap of an umbrella, and reached out to snag it!

Reality shattered around him again. A girl with mismatched eyes, pink and brown hair, a white suit and bowler hat stared at him in shock. He swung for her, but she jumped back out of reach, yanking her umbrella sword with her. She landed on a parked car, and tilted her head in curiosity.

Roman jumped back with her, panting heavily.

"Well... This is a bust. Next time? Pick a better date idea than spoiling my plans!"

He and the girl vanished. Jaune scanned around, but he couldn't pick up on them anywhere. He looked over at Glynda, who was walking over the groaning, unconscious henchmen.

"You okay, Professor?"

"I'm fine, what about you?" Glynda asked, pointing at his side. Jaune looked and checked for blood. He held up red fingers, and sighed.

"Ah, yeah. One sec." He pressed his hand down on the wound, and focused his Aura. The stab wound vanished, and he relaxed.

"There we go. No harm done," he said with a smile... Which turned into a frown. "Though I'm gonna need this suit to be repaired."

Glynda gave him a wry expression, before she waved her implement. His suit's rips and tears were repaired, leaving him in pristine condition. He smiled genuinely.

"Well, thank you very much Professor."

"You may as well get used to calling me Glynda," Glynda said, her smirk becoming a small smile, "As I think we will soon become colleagues."

Jaune grinned.

"You mean it?"

"You acted as perfect support for me and brought these thugs down with no fatalities," Glynda said, "Trust is essential in this business... And you've more than earned it."

Jaune nodded.

"Well Miss... Glynda? If you'll have me? I'm all yours."

- - -

A bit short and maybe a bit rushed, but hey, I'm on my lunch break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back