• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Arc Family Companions: Inari
Had a kinda funny idea of Jaune having a companion/guide that randomly shows up and disappears after offering help or pulling him in some kind of adventure. (Not quite a Merlin but kinda similar).

Blake: I still don't know how you snuck into beacon. You really shouldn't have gotten this far.

Jaune: mean.

Blake: you live with a bunch of former and semi-active huntsmen in a small town. I'd be surprised if you could scratch your ass without them knowing one way or another, much less steal a sword and supplies.

Jaune: Well I did have some help.

???:are my ears burning? Is someone talking about little old me?

*Blake jumps and looks around before spotting a fox faunus sitting in a tree nearby (that she's almost positive was empty just a second ago). Golden brown hair and ears sticking out from under a white bucket hat the faunus has crystal blue eyes and slit pupils (along with what appear to be some very sharp canines Blake notes). Across their chest are stretched tightly wrapped bandages covered in writing (mistralian maybe?) sitting under a open light blue Hawaiian style shirt covered in waves and paw prints. Around their waist is a fur belt that matches their hair and some loose white cargo shorts seemingly stuffed to the brim with random objects. The strange faunus is also barefoot (and has very sharp finger and toe nails Blake can't help but notice).

Jaune: oh perfect timing! Blake this is Inari Teumessian, he helped me get out of Radian and make my way to beacon.

*The faunus twitches slightly at being called he*

Inari: I just grabbed you a few things you forgot. Like food, or a weapon, or underwear.

*Inari stands on the tree branch before seeming to fall off only to somehow pop out of the bushes behind Blake*

*Blake flinches*

Blake: how did he?

Jaune: yeah he just does that. I think it's a semblance but he won't tell me, anyway what's up Inari?

Inari: well my fine friend of fraudulent education I was wondering if you'd like to go fishing with me?

*Inari pulls a mechashift fishing rod that can also turn into a harpoon out of the bushes*

Jaune/Blake: fishing?

Inari: fishing.

Jaune: just fishing?

Inari: just fishing.

Jaune: no weird Grimm attacks? No stealing? No mafia?

Inari: Jaune I'm hurt by those accusations.

Jaune: fine....

*Blake makes a note that Inari never actually denied any of those accusations*

*Six hours later the three of them are covered in bruises and being hugged by a bunch of dirty and scared women and children*

Jaune: fishing huh?

Inari: I'm as shocked as you that someone was using this out of the way dock for human trafficking, after all why smuggle a human when there's better options? Like fish, or fried tofu.

*One of the crying kids buries his snotty face in Inaris belt causing the fox faunus to have a full body shiver*

Inari: tell you what, you and kitty-cat get out of here, I'll handle talking to the cops when they get here. And you can keep all the actual fish we caught.

Jaune: fine *sigh* let's go Blake.

*As they're walking away*

Blake: Is he always like that?

Jaune: shifty and manipulative? Yeah but it's usually helpful so I don't raise too much of a fuss.

*Blake looks back at the strange faunus who's now entertaining the kids with some kind of water manipulation trick making small foxes out of water*

Blake: interesting.

Uncle Arjun and Archer Jaune 3
Jaune is refletching his arrows in the JNPR common room when Weiss walks up to him with a scowl.

Weiss: "Ahem. Jaune..."

Jaune: "Weiss."

Weiss: "Would you mind NOT blasting around me when we're in a training exercise?! What are you trying to do, kill me?!"

Jaune: "I wouldn't have to if you actually fought like you should!"

Weiss: "Who are you to tell me how to fight?!"

Jaune: "Because I know how to stick to my fighting role! One I'm actually decent at!"

Weiss: "Explain, you dolt! What's your role? Hiding in the back line?"

Jaune: "I'm an archer. I have excellent vision and great aim. I also remain mobile and stay out of melee range because I suck at it. I'm no good to anyone if I get mauled by a Grimm because I tried to stab one instead of shooting one. You are a caster-type combatant. Your Glyphs let you hit targets with Dust effects at medium range and to move about the battlefield at high speed, but you cannot last long up close in melee. So guess what? Every time you do get up close, I have to make sure you don't FUCKING DIE!"

Weiss: "I-I'm a fencer-!"

Jaune: "Which also requires reach. As in range! So before you tell me how to do MY JOB, why don't you do YOURS?!"

Weiss: "Arrogant ass!"

Jaune: "Stupid child!"

Ruby: "Guys, guys!" She steps in between them "Look... Jaune, maybe you should try to make your point in a less... Mean way?"

Jaune: "..." sighs "Sorry Ruby."

Ruby: "And Weiss! Jaune's only trying to help you! You are basically our caster and you shouldn't get too close to the enemy if you can help it!"

Weiss: "Says the girl with a sniper rifle that's also a scythe."

Ruby: "At least I can take a punch!"

Weiss: "I-I can take a punch-!"

Jaune: "But not a Dust blast, clearly."

Weiss: "SHUT UP!"

Yang had snuck off into Junior's to try and get some more information... But they were expecting her this time. A few Atlasian guard robots were among their numbers, with clearly illegal weapon mods.

Junior: "Now... We gonna do this the nice way, Blondie? Or we gonna do this the hard way?"

Yang: "Still a pervert, huh Junior?"

Junior: "I did NOT know you were sixteen, you crazy bitch! And another thing-!"

Several arrows flew through the windows and exploded with Electric Dust. The EMP knocked out the lights. Yang took the chance to run in the darkened chaos, smashing through a window and running out. Gunfire followed her, but a few more arrows impacted the ground and formed ice to cover her escape.

She climbed up onto the rooftops and parkoured her way (with some boosts from Ember Celica) out of the neighborhood. She came to rest on an old banking building, and took the time to catch her breath.

Jaune: "You know, I'm pretty sure your probation means you don't go out and get into trouble?"

Yang: "GAH!" She threw a shotgun blast... At Jaune, blasting him off his feet and onto his back.

Jaune: "URK!"

Yang: "AH! Vomit Boy!"

She ran to his side and helped him up. He scowled at her.

Yang: "Sorry. You're too damn stealthy for your own good, ya know?"

Jaune: "Yeah... Next time I'll wear a bell."

Yang: "On a collar? Heh. Blake will call that racist."

Jaune: rolls his eyes "Let her, if it keeps me from getting shot again."

Yang: "Yeah... Hey uh... Thanks for the back up."

Jaune: scowl "Ruby asked me to look after you."

Yang: "That little-!"

Jaune: "She's worried! About you and Blake. You always run off and do your own thing, regardless of the danger or what it might mean!"

Yang: "Hey! I can take care of myself-!"

Jaune: "Uh huh. I saw."

Yang: "I..." scowls "Why do you care, anyway? You have your own team."

Jaune: "Yeah. And Ruby's my best friend, and I like to think we're friends too. So if she asks me to help? I'm helping. Even if it pisses you and Blake off. Even if it makes us not friends.."

They glare at each other, silent for a while. Yang sighs.

Yang: "Yeah well... I... You'd still be my friend, even if you pissed me off, so... Thank you."

Jaune: "Same." They get back up

Yang: "So... How much of an eye are you keeping on us, anyway~?" She winks "You watching us in the showers, too?"

Jaune: blush "Er, um... No! Of course not!"

Yang: "Heh! I bet you do! Though really, seeing Weisscream naked is no different clothed."

Jaune: "I wouldn't know."

Yang: "Uh huh, surrrre you don't~."

Jaune: "If I was going to peep on a girl... It'd only be with her permission, thank you."

Yang: "Hmmm... Good to know." She leaned in and smirked "You got mine, stud~."

Jaune: sputters

Yang: giggles "Aw, you're cute when you blush!"

Jaune: "Impossible woman."

Yang: "That's the best kind!"

And at some point...

Jaune was practicing his archery at the shooting range. One Cinder Fall walks up and watches him carefully.

Jaune: "Uh... Hello, Miss... Fall was it?"

Cinder: smiles "Yes... I see you practice Pandavan style archery."

Jaune: "Oh, you're familiar with it?"

Cinder: "Somewhat. Though of course, your godfather's reputation proceeds him."

Jaune: blush "Er, I guess so..."

Cinder: "You were trained by him, the King of Archers?"

Jaune: "Uh, well... Yes. It wasn't easy."

Cinder: "I imagine so... It's quite impressive, however. Tell me... Would you care to train together for a bit?"

Jaune: "Sure, I suppose."

Cinder pulls out her own bow and arrows, and takes up a position at the firing station next to his. She pulls back and lets loose, hitting an arrow just an inch or two off the bullseye. She puts several more arrows downrange, all the arrows slightly off.

Cinder: "Forgive me... I'm not nearly as good as you."

Jaune: "... Yes you are."

Cinder: "Pardon?"

Jaune: "You're deliberately leading your shots. The distribution of your hits is too precise to be otherwise." He smiles and shakes his head "That's very impressive."

Cinder: "... Oh. I see."

Jaune: "If you don't want to show off before the Vytal Tournament, I get it. I just ask that you don't spy on me in so brazen a manner. We can train together, but only if we both demonstrate our true abilities."

Cinder: "That would give the other an unfair advantage, wouldn't it?"

Jaune: "Not at all... Not like I'm going to show off all my tricks, after all."

Cinder: thin smile "I suppose that's fair."

They do some more shooting, both much more accurate. Jaune then gets a call on his Scroll.

Jaune: "Sorry, I have a prior engagement. But this was fun. Not many Archers around, ya know?"

Cinder: "Indeed. I will see you later?"

Jaune: "I'd love to!" He ran off. She watched him go.

Cinder: Not as big a fool as I thought... You may require some watching, Jaune Arc...

Last edited:
With all this fate crossover i'm wondering which version of illya poor jaune has to deal with, the fake loli from fsn or the innocent illya from prisma. Of course that would pead to him dealing with chloe as well .......

Great-Great Aunt Ilya is a fun, trolly old lady who often drives around in fast cars at unsafe speeds and pretends to be a sweet little old lady to get out of traffic tickets. Her car is naturally the Berserk-Kar:

153115051dde589d428ea6435fe68bbe.jpg

So how often does this Jaune get shot or stabbed by various objects cause Stealth Archer is Op?

Not as often as you might think... Though Blake is a bit jealous. As is Ren. He's not as stealthy as they are but he's definitely got a larger ninja skill set. It's a bit unfair.

Let's make Jaune a reality marble chant :p

My Dreams will never die.
Fanciful and foolish I tread the path with bloody bow in hand.
carved through pain and sacrifice to the place that heroes wait.
To save and to be saved.
What a beautiful thing.

Path of Paradise.

mercury and Jaune bromance where Jaune encourages Mercury to a breakdancing competition and Jaune goes all out in supporting his. Merc is confused as he is suddenly shown positive support for the first time in his life from someone who is rapidly becoming a brother he never had.

Emerald is sent to investigate if Mercury is loyal or not and when Jaune learns of her backstory he ends up making a green colored cake in the shape of a gem for her and he quickly becomes an older brother figure for her.

Cinder seeing her minions being turned goes to investigate and is initially taken in by Jaune and his leadership scores as she raises his threat level, but as Jaune continues to show Cinder positive support and feedback she slowly begins to question her loyalties to Salem.

Emerald is sent to investigate if Mercury is loyal or not and when Jaune learns of her backstory he ends up making a green colored cake in the shape of a gem for her and he quickly becomes an older brother figure for her.
She always did strike me as a matcha kinda girl.

Great-Great Aunt Ilya is a fun, trolly old lady who often drives around in fast cars at unsafe speeds and pretends to be a sweet little old lady to get out of traffic tickets. Her car is naturally the Berserk-Kar:

*Kevin falls in pieces*
Cinder: "What the fuck?!"
Kojiro: "In the end, dragons are simply bigger swallows."

Yes. Among other things. He also has a very nervous brother Luigi.
ok, but here's my question: are there any muppets? we need a frog Faunus being chased by a pig Faunus and we need for jaune to have met the rest on his way to beacon as well, we need for nora to meet crazy harry.

quick question: would this song fit this jaune?

Jaune in the Ever After to every shapeshifter or skinwalker trying to trick him could make him terrified when Team RWBY show up but could turn into heartwarming or heartbreaking when he starts asking questions as even he's not sure of the answers anymore

Cowboys of Remnant: "Jackie"
The other storyline in Cowboys of Remnant is being worked on. Don't worry about that. But I got a wild hare of an idea...

- - -

The town was called Hackberry, and it straddled a mountain pass between Vale and Vacuo. Despite its lucrative position, the harshness of the pass compared to other paths between the two nations had restricted it's growth severely. As a result, it was still fairly small despite being established at the end of the Great War.

Still, they needed Grimm exterminated, and so Teams RWBY and JNPR were deployed on a training mission to help out the local Hunters. Weiss managed to win rock, paper, scissors and had gotten to go on patrol with Jaune alone: The envy on everyone else's faces was something she rather enjoyed.

Once out with Jaune though, she was all business. They went out through the center of the town, scanning for any trouble.

A couple was trying to repair the wheel on their truck. Jaune smiled kindly and walked up to them, Weiss in tow. The five children belonging to the couple all stared at them from the truck bed.

"Howdy Sir and Ma'am, do you need any help?" Jaune asked with his usual friendly smile. One that made her smile.

Most Hunters wouldn't bother with helping out like this, but Jaune was different. And while Weiss had thought it unnecessary at first, seeing how people's faces lit up made clear that such kindness was something a Hunter should offer as a matter of course.

It was just one of many reasons she truly admired-

"N-No!" The man's wife cried, shaking her head and drawing back. Her husband glared at Jaune.

"We don't need no help from the likes of you!" He spat on the ground in front of Jaune.

Jaune blinked in confusion.

"But-!"

"Get goin'!" The man snarled. Weiss scowled back.

"He was only trying to help, sir," Weiss stated firmly.

"You and your little skank can go jump in an Ursa cave!" The wife sneered, as their children gasped and giggled. Weiss' face turned red in anger.

"You-!"

Jaune took hold of Weiss' arm. Weiss's years of comportment training returned to her, and her face became an icy mask again.

Jaune calmly tipped his hat to them, then led Weiss away. Weiss resisted the urge to glare back at them.

"If they don't want help, they don't want help," Jaune said quietly.

"Still... To be so rude about it," Weiss grumbled.

Jaune shook his head, taking a few deep breaths.

"It ain't worth blowing up over," he muttered. Weiss nodded slowly.

"I know... I just... Why were they so upset?"

Jaune shrugged.

"Might be some Huntsmen took advantage of them in the past," Jaune sighed, "I've seen it on the Frontier. Folks with power abusin' it."

Weiss' face darkened.

"That's terrible," she murmured.

"It is," Jaune nodded, "Unfortunately, not everyone's gonna be responsible when there's nobody to check them."

A pang of regret filled her heart.

"Or even when there are," she said quietly. Jaune looked at her curiously. She shook her head. "It's... A long story."

"You can tell me... Or not, it's up to you," Jaune said with a kind smile. One that made her heart flutter a bit.

Honestly, he was just... So wonderful sometimes...

"JONATHAN ARC! YOU ARE BOUND BY LAW! PUT YOUR HANDS ON YOUR HEAD AND SURRENDER!"

Jaune and Weiss looked around. Four men in Valean Ranger longcoats emerged from behind barrels and drinking troughs, all holding high powered Dust rifles and pointing them at Jaune's head. Weiss' eyes widened. A thin, nervous looking man with large eyes and fish lips emerged from behind a door, as civilians all scattered and went into hiding. A shiny badge was on his khaki uniform, and his hat was a matching Stetson. He held a revolver up, adding to the firepower locked onto them.

"MA'AM! STEP AWAY FROM THE FUGITIVE!" The fish lipped man shouted.

"W-Wait!" Weiss cried. "There has to be a mistake! This is Jaune Arc-!"

"STEP AWAY FROM THE FUGITIVE, MA'AM!" The fish lipped man repeated. "HANDS ON YOUR HEAD, ARC!"

Weiss grit her teeth. Her hand began to reach for Myrtenaster-

"Stand down, Weiss!" Jaune barked. He slowly held up his hands from his poncho, and put them behind his head. Weiss gaped.

"Jaune! No! You haven't done anything-!"

"Get the others, get to the Ranger Station," Jaune said tersely, "We'll sort this out, I promise. But do not let anyone do anything rash, understand?"

"But-"

"Do you understand?" Jaune demanded, his voice harsh and commanding. Weiss nodded.

"Yes!"

She backed away. The Rangers surrounded Jaune, one forcing him down to the dirt while another put Aura-suppressing cuffs on his wrists. Weiss cringed, then quickly pulled out her Scroll.

- - -

It didn't take long to gather everyone else. They'd quickly met up in response to Weiss's Scroll call, and they'd arrived in the square. Jaune's progress to the jail house was slowed by the curious onlookers, which had the added benefit of preventing anyone from trying to free him.

"I could get him out, no problem," Pyrrha said firmly, "Just knock them all out-"

"It would take even less time with me," Yang snarled.

Ruby grimaced.

"We-I'm sure it's a misunderstanding," Ruby said optimistically.

"I'm not," Blake muttered.

"So, break him out and run to the border?" Nora asked with a grin. "I'm game!"

"We're not doing that," Ren stated.

Weiss nodded.

"Agreed."

As a group, they pushed through the crowd to the nervous looking fish-lipped man. Weiss took the lead.

"Mister... What is your name?" She asked the man. He puffed himself up.

"Deputy Pitch Fife, Miss! And don't you worry: This scoundrel ain't gonna hurt you no more!"

"Hurt us? What's he done?" Blake demanded.

"Yeah! Isn't he innocent until proven guilty?" Nora shouted, waving her hammer around. Fife gulped a bit. Pyrrha, ever the PR specialist, pushed Nora's hammer down and delivered a winning smile to Fife.

"Surely we can all go to the station and sort this out. I'm sure there's just been a terrible mistake," she said kindly.

"Nope!" Fife said, shaking his head, "Arc's pulled a fast one before! Even escaped my eagle eyes! Mine! But not this time! But uh... You can come along if you really want to, ladies."

"I'm a man," Ren stated. Fife coughed.

"My mistake!"

The Rangers escorted Jaune towards the jail house. Teams RWBY and JNPR followed. Fife led the way, and practically kicked in the door to the sheriff's station. He led the precession inside, and tipped his hat cheerfully at a grave-looking man in a similar sheriff uniform behind a large oak desk. He was dark haired and lantern jawed, and looked up at Fife with some fond exasperation.

"Andy! Andy! I caught the fugitive!" Fife chirped excitedly. "He didn't get away this time!"

Andy raised an eyebrow, and looked over Jaune and his friends. He then let out a sigh.

"Well, you're not wrong about that, Pitch," Andy stated, nodding over to the jail cells nearby. All eyes turned... And saw what at first glance was another Jaune Arc in the cell. His clothing was more slovenly: Dirty jeans, rough boots, sweat stained shirt, blue coat, and ratty hat-But aside from thicker stubble and greener eyes, he was the spitting image of Jaune.

"Wha... TWO JAUNES?!" Nora cried. "One of them must be a robot!"

"Hwah?!" Ruby gasped.

Weiss's jaw dropped. Ren looked perturbed. Yang's eyes widened. Pyrrha stared intensely. Blake blinked rapidly.

The young man in the cell... Grinned broadly.

"Cousin Jaune!" He cheered. "You've come to spring me from my unjust incarceration! Told you I had powerful friends!"

His crooked grin shone in the light as he tilted his head.

"Come on, Jauney! Don't you remember your ol' Cousin Jackie?"

Jaune's eyebrow twitched. His face was a stony mask of rage. He flexed his muscles, and the Aura Suppression cuffs snapped. He stalked his way through the surprised Rangers. He pulled his fist back and punched Jackie so hard the doppleganger was slammed into the backwall of the cell. The Rangers quickly grabbed him and pulled him back, as Jackie's eyes spun and his Aura flared to heal him.

"Yep. I remember," Jaune seethed.

- - -

It took some time for everyone to calm down. When they did, Sherriff Andy sat everyone down on some wooden chairs around Jackie's cell. Weiss managed to sit next to Jaune on his right side, as she had managed to get everyone's attention with a shower of Ice Dust. Pyrrha had taken his left, while Ruby stood behind him anxiously. Yang shot scowls at Jackie, while Nora stared at him in fascination and Ren remained stoic.

Jackie was sitting up close to the bars, rubbing his cheek and shooting his cousin a wounded look. Fife looked extremely embarrassed and stood behind Andy. The Rangers were near the back wall, looking exasperated and amused.

"Sorry for the case of mistaken identity, son," Andy said, "My deputy is a little too excitable." He shot a glare at Fife, who coughed and shrugged.

"H-Hey! He's already escaped once! And his cousin-They look like they're the same person!" He protested.

"I clearly got the better looks," Jackie snorted, "And manners-"

Jaune clenched his fists audibly. Jackie gulped.

"N-Nevermind!"

"What's he in for, anyway?" Ruby asked, squeezing Jaune's shoulders in concern. Andy held out his hand. Fife gathered some papers, and ran them over to Andy before shrinking back. Andy pulled on some reading glasses and held up the papers. He cleared his throat.

"Nine counts of petty larceny-"

"Hey! I was stealing food so I wouldn't starve! That's a crime?" Jackie protested.

"One count aggravated assault-"

"I was accused of cheating at gambling! My honor as an Arc demanded I respond!"

"Two counts breaking and entering-"

"I forgot my glasses in the shops!" Jackie explained. "Twice!"

"One count impersonating a member of the Church of the Broken Table-"

"Those orphans needed charity! Besides, nun uniforms are more comfortable in the heat!"

"One count prostitution-"

"I just said I would be paid to give ladies pleasure!" Jackie squawked. "That doesn't necessarily mean sex!"

"
Five counts soliciting prostitutes-"

"Is love a crime?!" Jackie demanded. "Besides, with my good looks, why would I need to pay for sex?!"

"And twenty-five counts of fraud and malicious mischief," Andy finished, lowering the papers.

"Oh, so just because the government has a 'patent'," Jackie made finger quotes, "on something means I can't sell it? That's communism, that's what it is!"

Jaune turned his furious glare on Jackie. His cousin gulped and scooted back from the bars.

"Honestly, I don't want to keep him in here," Andy sighed, "He's a nuisance."

"That's a polite way of putting it," Yang deadpanned, glaring at Jackie. He grinned and winked back.

"You know, I can be as polite as you like, babe!"

Jaune heaved a very, very long sigh.

"... How much is his bail?" He asked.

"You're not seriously going to bail him out, are you?" Yang protested. "Look at this guy's rapsheet!"

"Come on, Jauney!" Jackie pled, "Remember all the good times we had?"

"Yeah, I am," Jaune growled. Jackie winced. Jaune shook his head.

"But I know Auntie Marie's heart can't stand any more breaks, so... How much?"

- - -

Teams JNPR and RWBY stood outside the sherriff's office. Jackie Arc brushed off his hat, and donned it with a happy grin.

"Thanks Cuz! I knew you'd come through-URK!"

Jaune grabbed his collar and lifted him up with one hand.

"You are going to get yourself back to Radian," Jaune snarled, "You are gonna go back to your mother, apologize, and get an honest job. And if I so much as hear about you putting a toe out of line, I'm skinning you alive. Understand?!"

Jackie nodded quickly.

"Y-Yep! Sure! No problem, Cuz! No problem at all!"

Jaune dropped him. He barely landed on his feet, and coughed. He rubbed his throat.

"Geez... You ladies sure you want to be around him? Cousin Jauney's got a bit of a temper-"

"Git," Jaune snarled. Jackie nodded quickly, then turned and walked off as fast as he could without looking like he was fleeing. Jaune glared after him. Yang reached out and rested a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey... You can't choose your family," she said quietly.

"Indeed," Weiss said, squeezing his hand. Jaune nodded.

"Yeah... Unfortunately," he sighed. He shook his head. "He's always caused a headache for me since the day we met. But... If I don't look after 'im, he'll get himself killed. So..." He shrugged. "I just don't like him staining the Arc name... Getting me in trouble."

"We'll always be here to stand up for you, Jaune," Pyrrha said with a soft smile. Ruby nodded eagerly.

"Yeah! Count on it!"

"Or break some legs!" Nora said cheerfully. "Which we could still do! Creep was ogling me the whole time!"

Ren's eyes narrowed. Jaune sighed and shook his head.

"Nah... Let's just forget about him. Hopefully, he ain't gonna get into any trouble between here and Radian... At least, trouble that involves us."

- - -

Some time later...

Jackie Arc adjusted his plate armor, poncho, and sword. He grinned at himself in the mirror as he pulled on a brown leather hat.

"Perfect," he muttered, "Now..."

He held up his Scroll, and began to type.

"'Wanted: Female Huntresses for an exciting business opportunity! Must be within these body parameters. One Cat Faunus Girl only. Must be comfortable with nudity. Some acting required. Contact: Jaune Arc of Radian.'"

Jackie grinned. This was gonna be his best venture yet!

- - -

There are plenty of frauds, shysters, and rogues in Westerns. So I decided to make one who was a relative of Jaune's. Who is no doubt going to get him, RWBY, and JNPR into all sorts of trouble.

Naturally I borrowed Fife and Andy from 'The Andy Griffith Show'.

Last edited:
....okay, yeah, screw that guy. That right there is human cancer if I've ever seen it.

Jackie is basically supposed to be an expression of how Jaune haters see Jaune: Cringy, weak, stupidly lucky, and utterly oblivious. He's also like many self-serving characters in Westerns: A shyster and con artist who will use his resemblance to his successful and heroic relative for his own advantage.

He held up his Scroll, and began to type.

"'Wanted: Female Huntresses for an exciting business opportunity! Must be within these body parameters. One Cat Faunus Girl only. Must be comfortable with nudity. Some acting required. Contact: Jaune Arc of Radian.'"

Jackie grinned. This was gonna be his best venture yet!

Jaune's mom is going to have a fit....

Sleepwalking Jaune: Yang
- - -

Yang had, for once, been studying. Cramming at the last minute was an unfortunate habit of hers. After all, her physical abilities had let her get through anything at Signal Academy. Still, Beacon was on a whole new level. So even she had to study.

Especially since Pyrrha freaking Nikos was now her biggest competition. Honestly, it was kind of humbling to come here and learn she wasn't the biggest fish anymore.

Still, she wasn't going to let that discourage her. She'd figure a way to beat the Invincible Girl...

Just you wait, P-Money. I'm not gonna let you rest on your laurels forever...
She stretched her arms up over her head, and let out a little grunt. She then smelled something coming from the JNPR common room.

"Huh? That's weird..." She checked the clock.

"Geez, it's really damn late... Who is cooking this late at-?"

Oh. Ohhhh.

"Heh... VB's sleepwalking again," Yang grinned. "Can't wait to see what he does!"

After all, Blake was making breakfast and actually trying to sociable. Whatever he'd done must have been pretty amazing.

She got up, silently opened the door, and headed across the hallway. She opened the door and entered. She grinned.

There he was. Cooking something with that silly apron of his. It smelled really good, honestly.

"Hey VB," Yang greeted carefully. It wouldn't do to wake him up before she had some fun.

"Hey Firecracker," Jaune greeted her without skipping a beat. Yang's eyebrows went up.

"Oh? You like giving out nicknames too, huh?"

"I just think it fits you," Jaune said.

"Oh?" Yang asked, leaning over the stove. She sniffed the bubbling pan. "Geez, this smells really good... Why don't you ever call me that?"

"Dunno... I guess I think you won't like it," Jaune admitted. "Makin' curry... You like curry?"

"Love it!" Yang said cheerfully. She leaned in. "So..."

This might be pushing it, still...
"Do you know P-Money's secret weakness? Does she have one?"

It was a bit unfair, but...

"She's lonely."

Yang blinked.

"Eh?"

"She's lonely. She doesn't know how to relate to the world," Jaune mumbled, stirring the rice cooking in a pot, "She's afraid... Afraid that people won't like the real her... But I think she's great. I just wish she'd be more open... She's just really scared to open up. Maybe because so many people in her life were fake. I don't know. I haven't pried a lot..."

Yang blinked.

"Wow... You know, you're usually pretty oblivious..."

"Well, it's a dream," Jaune said with a smile, "So I don't need to hold back, right?"

"I... I guess," Yang said, feeling awkward. She looked directly at him.

"So... So what's my weakness?" She asked softly.

"You're afraid of being abandoned," Jaune said, without skipping a beat. Yang's jaw dropped.

"I-I-How-?!"

"I talked to Ruby. And other stuff," Jaune said, "I watch people a lot. When I stop blabbing. That's why I think Weiss is amazing and... And I just wish she'd like me back..."

Yang gaped at him in disbelief. Jaune smiled at her.

"But it's okay. Maybe she'll like me... Some day..."

"Enough about Weiss, how did you...?" Yang shook her head. "About me?"

"Seven sisters. Aqua always put on a brave front. Always boasted and shouted and declared she was the greatest. And teased. Teased so much... But she was scared of people seeing the real her..."

He finished preparing the curry, and poured it out over a bowl of rice. He set it out in front of Yang, who stared at it.

"So... What happened to her?" Yang asked softly.

"No matter what she did... She found people who knew the real her... And would never leave her. Because they love her. Even with all her flaws."

Jaune smiled.

"Just like I love you. Flaws and all. And would never leave you. Just like Ruby..."

Yang's face turned bright red. She gaped in disbelief at him.

"I-You-Wh-Why are you-?!"

"It's a dream. And since it's a dream..." He leaned in and kissed her on her cheek. "Eat up!"

"I-I... You...!" She trembled. "G-Geez..."

"I'm gonna get some sugar for cookies," Jaune said, smiling at her and started walking towards the windows. Yang blushed harder, staring at the curry... Then realized...

"AH!"

Jaune was already stepping out the window. In a flash, Yang was there and wrapped her arms around his chest.

She yanked him back, and fell. Jaune twisted against her. They both hit the floor with a thud.

"OOF!"

"ACK!"

Jaune blinked rapidly. He looked bewildered. He then stared down at Yang.

"Uhhhh... Yang? Wha... What happened? Oh shit... Did I sleepwalk again?"

Yang stared at him, her cheeks burning bright red. She let out a sigh.

"Yup," she managed.

"O-Oh geez... Did I do anything bad-?"

"NO!" Yang shoved him off, and glared away from him with bright red cheeks. "J-Just made some curry and said... Stupid crap..."

"Oh um... Sorry?" Jaune managed. His eyes widened. "Aw crap! The curry!"

He got up and rushed to the stove. Yang rubbed her cheek, still blushing bright red.

"Geez... Stupid jerk," she muttered, though she did have a smile on her face.

- - -

I can only blame being sick on this pile of crap. Hope you don't hate it too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back