• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Safe For Work Worm Ideas thread

Is it updating regularly again? I stopped following it sometime around when Susan lost the hammers.

I didn't know it ever stopped. The regular comic has been MWF for as long as I've been reading (three years, give or take), with the bonus strips going up somewhat irregularly, but usually around 3 times a week as well.

Dude's made a full time job of his comic.

I didn't know it ever stopped. The regular comic has been MWF for as long as I've been reading (three years, give or take), with the bonus strips going up somewhat irregularly, but usually around 3 times a week as well.

Dude's made a full time job of his comic.
Ah - the time period with the infrequent updates that I was remembering was well before that. Susan losing use of the hammers was back in 2010. Good to hear that he's gotten back to a regular update schedule.

NP has been consistently MWF for months too at this point, it's the sketchbooks which are very sporadic at best. One month they'll do daily releases, and the next three they'll do no releases at all.

But yeah, go back sunspark, Susan lost the hammers a long time ago and there has been a lot of events since then. I think that might even predate the idea of magic marks? Can't remember, try to be kinda unspoilery but they've been a major recurring thing in the comic for years now, and their existence is fairly minor as far as spoilers go, at least without any details about them.

Some sort of increased acidity and/or antibiotic qualities in the flesh would probably be preserved. It also depends on the type of zombie. Magic ones basically means you can handwave most issues as simply a product of whatever magic is animating them extending to those issues.

For "Virus" types, there's still some ways to explain it. One is that the body is not really dead, ala 28 days later. There's the option I gave above, or it could be that while the person died what ever causes them to reanimate actually keeps the cells alive enough to prevent most natural rot. Another explanation is sustained population through infection, where the zombies last long enough that they can replace their numbers lost by infecting more. It could be that the infection comes in multiple forms one of which is a to allow carriers so it can survive purging by laying dormant in someone and then come up years later when no one expects it to reinfect a new town and start the process again.

I think that might even predate the idea of magic marks? Can't remember, try to be kinda unspoilery but they've been a major recurring thing in the comic for years now, and their existence is fairly minor as far as spoilers go, at least without any details about them.

Nah, magic marks are older- though that arc was where they first were made prominent, and only got more important from there.

Taijitu (Naruto/Worm)
Naruto is cast adrift in the Space-Time Continuum after ending the War. His universe is more or else gone due to his actions. A 'Shard' passes by him and drags him along as it searches for it's host. Taylor Hebert. The one destined to survive the End of the World. The Stars Dance and Weave thy Fates. Beyond the Stars, All-powerful Thrones are moving once more. Will Earth Bet survive this newly arrived orphan of another world or will it's End be ensured?

Basically: Naruto arrives at Earth Bet, specifically at Brockton Bay and causes ripples by saving Taylor while she triggers. All the while, Multi-Dimensional forces are moving once more since the War.

A Crossover with themes of Cosmic Horror turned up (looks at Scion and Kaguya). Where Naruto is a survivor of the Void War (DW's Time War) which has left him changed in more ways than one. Where Scion's Race is in eternal conflict with Kaguya's (Elder Gods) who succeeded/overthrew another race (Great Old Ones) that once kept Scion's in check. Where Taylor tries to survive an ever-increasingly dangerously reality.
---
Taylor while still trapped in the locker, triggers and is rescued by a Post-War Naruto. This Naruto came from the Void War (replaces the 4th Great War) where he had to fight against Cosmic Horrors and Eldritch Gods. However, fighting such terrible being results in two fates insanity and death or becoming something else. Something like those terrible entities. By saving his new friend, he finds himself in a world where villains out number the heroes. All he wants to do is recover while helping his friend and find a new life. E88, ABB, Coil, PRT, the Protectorate and others have something to say about that. Specially because his powers and knowledge make him extremely valuable. Not to mention that his past won't seem to leave him alone as Multi-Dimensional Empires and other survivors have targeted him. Between the problems of this world and others, Naruto really want a break from all the madness. Taylor agrees as she has to survive both her problem's and Naruto's in an ever increasingly dangerous reality. "Screw fate and plans of those in power" meets "Doing the wrong things for the right reasons".

Sections 1-4 would be the intro arc. Where Brockton Bay deals with his arrival and the repercusions it seems to cause. Then Section 5 and beyond is where the real 'fun' starts.

Eternity Lords are Kaguya's race, seperated into clans. They are locked into eternal conflict with Scion's race and servants of the Star Titans, whom they overthrew/succeeded. Each Clan rules over a multi-dimensional empire, with various Servant and Slave Races.

Still working things out. Like should Taylor join Undersiders, another group or make one with Naruto?
---

*attempting to regain interest in this*

Ok merging with my Spiral Mythos idea. Naruto recently trying to recover from the Void War is summoned by Taylor Hebert during her trigger event. A pact is made between them.

Last edited:
REPOST (Due to the joys of being the last on the page and thus easily missed)

How does this sound as a power for someone else or even an alt power for Taylor...

An inverse of Night in a way. Instead of it being as long as noone pays attention to them, they're a powerful monster... instead, the more people who are paying attention to them, the stronger they get. And it can work remotely.

One on one, slightly above human norm. Against a gang of punks, low level brute. Stick them on TV or a Livestream and they're a rather powerful hero.

Put them on every TV screen on the planet as an emergency broadcast during an Endbringer battle and try and get everyone you can to watch them fight... and... well...

You might just end up with something like this:

Something, something, virus produces increased levels of formaldehyde and acetone while preventing the body from regulating those as normal causing it to be mostly preserved with preservation ability increasing over time? Although that'd likely lead to increased stiffness which'd make something of an interesting variation, older zombies are slower and less agile but also harder to hurt, does that make them more or less dangerous overall?

Nah, magic marks are older- though that arc was where they first were made prominent, and only got more important from there.
Ah, as said it's been years since I read that far back. Couldn't remember them appearing before that but they might've been mentioned, although it wasn't till Elliot and spoiler went and beat up spoiler who was caused by spoiler thanks to spoiler spoilering their magic mark and causing the issue with spoiler being noticed by spoiler's spoiler and going spoiler making them try to go hide that things really escalated. Although some of that wasn't even explained till the most recent arc.

Justin, flame golem, bearded high guy, Pandora, buffing, magic, Sarah's sister, public

Some sort of increased acidity and/or antibiotic qualities in the flesh would probably be preserved. It also depends on the type of zombie. Magic ones basically means you can handwave most issues as simply a product of whatever magic is animating them extending to those issues.

For "Virus" types, there's still some ways to explain it. One is that the body is not really dead, ala 28 days later. There's the option I gave above, or it could be that while the person died what ever causes them to reanimate actually keeps the cells alive enough to prevent most natural rot. Another explanation is sustained population through infection, where the zombies last long enough that they can replace their numbers lost by infecting more. It could be that the infection comes in multiple forms one of which is a to allow carriers so it can survive purging by laying dormant in someone and then come up years later when no one expects it to reinfect a new town and start the process again.
The idea I came up with was that yes, the original zombies would rot away. But there's always a certain number of people becoming infected by contact with a zombie, and also by the ongoing problem (lifting the idea from Walking Dead) whereby if you die from a cause that does not kill the brain, you become a zombie yourself. (Something something weak airborne virus something).

And in a world where civilisation has crashed, where doctors are the ones most likely to have come into contact with the recently dead and thus are likely to have become victims themselves, and so medical knowledge in general is at an all-time premium, deaths by accident and illness will skyrocket. Sometimes where there isn't a helpful friend to destroy the brain.

And sometimes the airborne strain is strong enough to kill someone and take over if they just get sick enough.

Something, something, virus produces increased levels of formaldehyde and acetone while preventing the body from regulating those as normal causing it to be mostly preserved with preservation ability increasing over time? Although that'd likely lead to increased stiffness which'd make something of an interesting variation, older zombies are slower and less agile but also harder to hurt, does that make them more or less dangerous overall?

How much do your knees hurt after walking for, oh, 5 or so miles?

How about 10 miles? 50? 100?

Pain is a sign of damage, and that's a lot of damage.

I subscribe to the theory that zombies eat people to replace their own constantly decaying flesh. Speaking of Zombies does anybody remember a movie where aliens were responsible for an outbreak and were kidnapping people in a small town to cure them?

Here's an idea that just sorta popped into my head.

Coil is not just a scumbag. He's a scumbag who uses necromancy, dark magic, and summoning of demons.

Grue manages to kill Coil. But he comes back as an undead lich. Then he goes to the graveyard and raises an army of the undead.

He summons a demon. The demon who arrives happens to be - - King Sombra! This guy is bad news as he overthrew an Empire of Light(the Crystal Empire), turned it Dark, and erased the memories of it's people.

And now he's teamed up with lich Coil. ... ... ... ...

Coil's army continues to grow as the more enemies he kills he adds their undead bodies to his army. Undead parahumans have their Powers completely intact, but are loyal to Coil. Combining his magic with Sombra's their Dark Influence spreads over the city.

The amount of the undead in Brockton Bay starts to outnumber the amount of the living. Rebecca Costa Brown orders the destruction of the Bay by nuclear weapons. Sombra's Dark Shield deflects the missiles out into the deep ocean.

Taylor, and the few others who are living, are trying to get out of the city. They've given up on it. There's nothing they can do in this city of death.

But there is wall of Dark Crystal that they cannot pass. They are inside the city. They decide to try and kill Coil. For real this time. They just have to smash his phylactery. Only problem, they don't know what it is. Will they succeed, or will they join his undead?

Here's an idea that just sorta popped into my head.

Coil is not just a scumbag. He's a scumbag who uses necromancy, dark magic, and summoning of demons.

Grue manages to kill Coil. But he comes back as an undead lich. Then he goes to the graveyard and raises an army of the undead.

He summons a demon. The demon who arrives happens to be - - King Sombra! This guy is bad news as he overthrew an Empire of Light(the Crystal Empire), turned it Dark, and erased the memories of it's people.

And now he's teamed up with lich Coil. ... ... ... ...

Coil's army continues to grow as the more enemies he kills he adds their undead bodies to his army. Undead parahumans have their Powers completely intact, but are loyal to Coil. Combining his magic with Sombra's their Dark Influence spreads over the city.

The amount of the undead in Brockton Bay starts to outnumber the amount of the living. Rebecca Costa Brown orders the destruction of the Bay by nuclear weapons. Sombra's Dark Shield deflects the missiles out into the deep ocean.

Taylor, and the few others who are living, are trying to get out of the city. They've given up on it. There's nothing they can do in this city of death.

But there is wall of Dark Crystal that they cannot pass. They are inside the city. They decide to try and kill Coil. For real this time. They just have to smash his phylactery. Only problem, they don't know what it is. Will they succeed, or will they join his undead?
That gives me an idea. Labyrinth has a second trigger that allows her to pull things into her world. She (quite accidentally) pulls Brockton Bay in with her transplanting the whole city. Luckily it still has almost all the conveniences of a modern city including power. No internet of course. And worse food shortages are going to happen. Being trapped in this land isn't so bad though especially when people start to discover magic works here.

Taylor wakes up one day on a small piece of land floating above Brockton bay. All thats on the island is a chest with a sapling, some bone meal, a book and a bed. Opening the book she reads "Welcome to your very own SkyBlock!"

The rules of the game being, she is unable to leave the Skyblock unless she completes all the challenges within the book, she has normal minecraft physics and will respawn back at the bed if she attempts to leave the game zone (IE any land that she herself does not place).

I'm picturing this as a very Truman show story as a plot of land just appearing with a person stuck on it would be very newsworthy.

Taylor wakes up one day on a small piece of land floating above Brockton bay. All thats on the island is a chest with a sapling, some bone meal, a book and a bed. Opening the book she reads "Welcome to your very own SkyBlock!"

The rules of the game being, she is unable to leave the Skyblock unless she completes all the challenges within the book, she has normal minecraft physics and will respawn back at the bed if she attempts to leave the game zone (IE any land that she herself does not place).

I'm picturing this as a very Truman show story as a plot of land just appearing with a person stuck on it would be very newsworthy.

I think she'll go crazy the longer she goes without contact from other human beings. Though the PRT and Protectorate could solve that by punching a hole into it......then it becomes a refugee camp for when Leviathan comes in and just so happens to be ruled by a Parahuman Warlord with control over Arthropods!

Then Mannequin crashes into it and ruins everything because he's jealous and pissed.

I think she'll go crazy the longer she goes without contact from other human beings. Though the PRT and Protectorate could solve that by punching a hole into it......then it becomes a refugee camp for when Leviathan comes in and just so happens to be ruled by a Parahuman Warlord with control over Arthropods!

Then Mannequin crashes into it and ruins everything because he's jealous and pissed.

Thats too EASY! First loot bag she can get a laptop that magically doesn't run out of power and can connect to the internet. The blocks can't be destroyed/moved unless its by Taylor, and if the Skyblock gets too big she has the potential to block Brocktonbay off from the Sun.

Thats too EASY! First loot bag she can get a laptop that magically doesn't run out of power and can connect to the internet. The blocks can't be destroyed/moved unless its by Taylor, and if the Skyblock gets too big she has the potential to block Brocktonbay off from the Sun.

Still internet's not such a good substitute for real human contact......I'd be a borderline NEET if given the opportunity and even then I'm not happy

Random Idea: Dragon is given designs for new Dragonsuits by a mysterious figure. The weird part? They all look like this

latest

Saint starts questioning his own motives the moment he realises how creepy he'd look taking the new "Dragonsuits" when they all look like cute girls in fanservicey gundam cosplay.

On a positive note, Dragon has a way to have a "date" with Armsmaster

Could always hand wave the whole thing and say Gamers Mind/Body but that seems boring.

Still internet's not such a good substitute for real human contact......I'd be a borderline NEET if given the opportunity and even then I'm not happy
Not everybody needs constant and frequent human contact to stay sane. And considering that most of Taylor's interaction with other people is negative, she would probably be somewhat relieved after the initial freakout. I'd imagine that it would take a few days at minimum before any cracks begin to show, longer if she manages to develop a positive connection with someone over the internet.

Fairly early on, possibly even before Taylor goes out in costume the first time (was thinking it's only been a few weeks since she triggered), she witnesses a new E88 cape called Blitzen using his electrical Blaster power to torture Sophia in an alley (he has no clue that she's Shadow Stalker, or even that she's a track star, he just knows she's black). Not wanting to let a Nazi torture someone, even someone she hates (and wanting to prove herself a better person than Sophia), Taylor decides to attack him. Not wanting to send a bunch of bugs against a human bug-zapper (and not wanting to potentially out herself), she does this by quietly picking up a broken two-by-four from the alley, and bashes him in the head with it a couple of times, then shouts at a bystander to call the PRT and an ambulance (shouting at a crowd isn't terribly effective, but shouting at one idiot that she can see holding a cellphone and looking shocked works rather better).

Sophia is conscious for all this, but is too twitchy and in pain to do much but moan and freak out internally about Taylor not behaving as she expects, and at the fact that someone she knows is weak and useless saved her from a guy that had easily rendered her helpless, and was slowly killing her - and all this happened in front of people, and she thinks she saw some jackass taking video, so it's probably online already (the idiot Taylor shouted at, in fact, who later posts on LifeBook and PHO about how ashamed he feels that he didn't do anything but stand there recording, since he isn't a skinny and sickly-looking teenager). She's not taking this at all well, but she's in a different mental state than when she found out about Taylor in canon.

Taijitu (Naruto/Worm)

<To: ENE PRT and Protectorate>
Subject: Arkham Report

Director Piggot,

Our probes have returned and we have been able to analyze the data. What we have found it rather amazing. As suspected, on the other side of the breach is another world. It isn't an alternate Earth or rather one similar to ours. One of my staff has a theory that this world is the result of Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars merged. Most likely during the forming of our Solar System. Size difference and pictures outside the planet does help support this theory. However, this is not the immediate concern.

Surveillance has painted a rather grim picture. Across the planet are raging conflicts between what looks like Parahumans and monsters. Both humanoid and non-humanoid abominations of nature. I have added pictures so you can understand why such a harsh term. The Human population of the world are hold up behind rather large walls and interconnected skyscrapers. We suspect that underneath these havens are vast underground bunker. Outside the walls is terrible. It is as if someone truly corrupted nature at it's very core into an horrible weapon.

We have found a haven near the breach. This is most likely where the subject is located. A special team would need to be gathered if a extraction attempt is made.

Since the event on January 3, we have noticed an increase in the breach's growth. Protectorate Thinkers and Tinkers should be put on closing the breach. Located over the area above Winslow High School, it presents a legitimate danger. Especially if it grows to cover Brockton Bay. Once it reaches that size, new breaches could appear around our world. If the our world is completely covered… I fear the annihilation of both timelines.

Sincerely,
Dr. Gen Anno

P.S. Here is the all we gathered and sorted out.
===
Taking the other direction. Taylor in Naruto's World.

Last edited:
Taijitu (Naruto/Worm)

<To: ENE PRT and Protectorate>
Subject: Arkham Report

Director Piggot,

Our probes have returned and we have been able to analyze the data. What we have found it rather amazing. As suspected, on the other side of the breach is another world. It isn't an alternate Earth or rather one similar to ours. One of my staff has a theory that this world is the result of Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars merged. Most likely during the forming of our Solar System. Size difference and pictures outside the planet does help support this theory. However, this is not the immediate concern.

Surveillance has painted a rather grim picture. Across the planet are raging conflicts between what looks like Parahumans and monsters. Both humanoid and non-humanoid abominations of nature. I have added pictures so you can understand why such a harsh term. The Human population of the world are hold up behind rather large walls and interconnected skyscrapers. We suspect that underneath these havens are vast underground bunker. Outside the walls is terrible. It is as if someone truly corrupted nature at it's very core into an horrible weapon.

We have found a haven near the breach. This is most likely where the subject is located. A special team would need to be gathered if a extraction attempt is made.

Since the event on January 3, we have noticed an increase in the breach's growth. Protectorate Thinkers and Tinkers should be put on closing the breach.Located over the area above Winslow High School, it presents a legitimate danger. Especially if it grows to cover Brockton Bay. Once it reaches that size, new breaches could appear around our world. If the our world is completely covered… I fear the annihilation of both timelines.

Sincerely,
Dr. Gen Anno

P.S. Here is the all we gathered and sorted out.
===

Taking the other direction. Taylor in Naruto's World.

I think this is a little to SFW

Oh, wrong thread.

Also I'm gonna guess there'll be more World Building here than the original Naruto.....gotta wonder why almost everybody's name is in Japanese in-spite of some being black

Yeah there is world building. The lang in this fic is actually close to a cross-asian hybrid lang with a similar writing system. Reason they are in Japanese is that it is the closest earth has to Elementian.

You do realise there are black Japanese people? And that Naruto takes place in a fictional universe, not Japan?

Didn't see that. heh.

so idea

Taylor wake up one morning to find that her face has been replaced with and updise down spider, and when she speak, it shot web.

What happen next?

Ok, best way to describe Spiral Mythos!Naruto world is Death World of Badass Survivors.

What I mean is take places like Australia, Africa and South America. Blend them together and make it a planet bigger then Earth. Where both the Flora and Fauna are very dangerous. Where places like the Forest of Death and Valley of Demons cover the world. Where everything has somethings it prays on and somethings that pray on it. Where mix and match Flora and Fauna are a lot more common then 'regular animals'. Where the 'regular animals' are as intelligent as humans who use natural energy.

Now add Humans. For most of their time on this world, they have learned quite a few tricks in order to survive without Chakra. A few ten-thousand years at most. Adapting to any change in their environment.

Then the last three thousand years happens. Humans undergo an industrial revolution of shorts that ultimately break down any civilization larger a city-state. Then Kaguya and her personal attendants appears and for a millennia rules over the world. She becomes an ever-increasingly despotic Eldritch Goddess and is overthrown by her sons. The Sage of Six Paths takes over while his brother, the Celestial Sage resides on the newly created moon/prison. Sage of Six Paths helps rebuild humanity and gives them the gift of Chakra before dying. His sons and their descendants then begin the Warring Clan Period. Which lasts 900 years until Hashirama institutes the Free-hold System and creates the Alliance. This has given Humanity some breathing room.

Free-holds have two groups of people. Civilians and Chakra-Users. Each Free-hold has a Counsel which rules over it's functions. It usually consists of an Hold Leader, Shogun, Kage, Rousouryo, Any Clan/House Heads and various other important people. Civilians do most of the infrastructure work while Chakra-Users protect them. Samurai guard the walls and keep order within. Monks maintain happiness and hunt down any cultists. Shinobi are the back bone, dealing with any job the others can't do.

There are villages and such outside these Free-holds but are at the mercy of the world, bandits, more deranged cultists, Youkai and other things.

Youkai are the enemies of Humanity. They are abominations borne of Humanity (Humanoid) or borne of the Flora and Fauna (Non-Humanoid). All youkai can use their own form of Chakra and can henge into Humans or other things perfectly. Only experienced Chakra-Users have a chance against them. Considered Slave-races (save for one) of various thrones.

This is not including things like Chakra Beasts, Non-Natives creatures and beings or other groups that inhabit the world.

So yeah. Death World of Badass Survivors. And Taylor is now in it. Specking of which. Should Taylor still have her Control Bugs ability or does she need a different one from the Queen Admin Shard?

Odd little 'For want of a nail' idea: When Eidolon summons the Simurgh, his mental state is somewhat different, and perhaps more healthy. Thus, she is benevolent in her appearances, repairing damage, healing people, relaxing them with her singing, occasionally gifting cities with odd bits of Tinkertech, and then flying off back to orbit, with no-one realizing that she's subtly manipulating them to create the conditions that will destroy Scion (which may mean that Taylor's life is substantially similar to canon, at least until her Trigger). She still occupies a place in the Endbringer cycle, so they know that there's some connection, but she doesn't act like the others.

This has a number of knock-on effects: Earth Bet is more hopeful, the cities she hits are not quarantined, which helps the economy and public morale, Sphere never loses his family or becomes Mannequin (potentially very big), Canary probably won't get railroaded into the Birdcage if the incident that put her there in canon happens at all (still a scary Master power, but comparisons to the Simurgh will help her instead of screwing her over), and so on. If the Travelers appear in this version of Earth Bet at all, the circumstances are quite different, and they will be, also (maybe there are enough vials to go around, either because one of them is not there, or because there's one more vial; maybe Noelle isn't injured, so they take the time to read the instructions properly; maybe the vials go to Earth Aleph, and one of the above occurs).

This has a number of knock-on effects: Earth Bet is more hopeful, the cities she hits are not quarantined, which helps the economy and public morale, Sphere never loses his family or becomes Mannequin (potentially very big), Canary probably won't get railroaded into the Birdcage if the incident that put her there in canon happens at all (still a scary Master power, but comparisons to the Simurgh will help her instead of screwing her over), and so on. If the Travelers appear in this version of Earth Bet at all, the circumstances are quite different, and they will be, also (maybe there are enough vials to go around, either because one of them is not there, or because there's one more vial; maybe Noelle isn't injured, so they take the time to read the instructions properly; maybe the vials go to Earth Aleph, and one of the above occurs).
Cody gets left behind. Oliver gets his vial, and Noelle gets a full glass of Brute/Changer with a side order of Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back