• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Sorcery! Quest

[X] Minimal information. Nod in confirmation. "The Scarlet Witch."

[X] Whatever the GM finds most amusing

No way at all this could end wrong. Nope not at all... O:) >:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Name, Rank, Serial Number​

You don't even bother taking off your mask. You simply nod in confirmation and say, "The Scarlet Witch."

They wait for a moment, as if expecting you to continue. You stare back at them blankly behind the your featureless white mask.

After a moment, red-n-yellow coughs awkwardly. "Yeah, so I'm Kid Flash, the pipsqueak is Robin-"

"Dude! Not whelming!"

"And the big guy's Aqualad."

"You may call me Kaldur," the dark skinned man says politely.

"So, yeah…" Kid Flash says… And awkward silence ensues, stretching long moments before Aqualad interrupts it.

"What is… Project Cadmus?" he asks, hesitantly.

"Errr… Project what now?"

"The site of the fire that Superman mentioned? Common, it was literally two minutes ago," Robin says.

"That's like a thousand years in Flash Time," Kid Flash complains. "And if you're so smart, why don't you tell us what it is?"

"I don't know," Robin admits. "But I can find out."

With that he begins manipulating what you recognize as an oversized thinking machine (you believe they call them 'computers'). Words flash on the screen as the spirit of the machine denies the boy access, before he clacks away at the keyboard and cozens it somehow, stating it's the same system as the Batcave.

"Alright, Project Cadmus… Genetics lab, here in DC… That's all there is. But if Batman's suspicious, maybe we should investigate."

"Solve their case before they do?" Aqualad asks softly, as if tasting the idea. "It would be poetic justice."

"Hey, they're all about justice," say Robin with a smirk.

"… But they said stay put," Aqualad counters hesitantly.

"For the blotting out the sun mission, not this!"

Blotting out the sun mission? What the fuck? You're pretty sure the Sun's fairly important. Should you be concerned?

"Wait, wait," Kid Flash jumps in, putting a hand on Robin's should. "Are you going to Cadmus? 'Cause if you're going, I'm going!"

They run to stare at Aqualad, who in turn turns to you.

"And you, Scarlet Witch?"

Response?
[X] Silence (Follow them when they leave?).
[X] "Sure, why not?" Maybe there'll be loot involved.
[X] "Sounds interesting. I even know a shortcut if you would like to get there faster."
[X] "Eh." Pass. You feel like a nap.
[X] "I'm really more concerned with the whole 'Blotting out the Sun' thing. Can we do something about that?"
[X] Write-in.

Note:
What's amusing to the GM is seldom amusing to the players. It's a valid vote, but it won't end well for you.

[X] "Sounds interesting. I even know a shortcut if you would like to get there faster."

Disminded said:
Note:
What’s amusing to the GM is seldom amusing to the players. It’s a valid vote, but it won’t end well for you.

Eh. That depends entirely on the situation, and how the boat gets run.

Very sorry to all the players who've stuck with me through the ups and downs of this quest, but I'm going to have to put it on hiatus due to me beginning to burn out, resulting in a marked decrease in quality in my posts. So, I'm going to move onto other projects and focus on my upcoming exams for a while.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Disminded said:
Very sorry to all the players who've stuck with me through the ups and downs of this quest, but I'm going to have to put it on hiatus due to me beginning to burn out, resulting in a marked decrease in quality in my posts. So, I'm going to move onto other projects and focus on my upcoming exams for a while.

No problem.
Trying to force yourself when you're burned-out rarely helps and RL takes preference anyways.

stopping just as it finally gets started.

aww.

oh well.

redaeth said:
Disminded said:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back