• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Sorcery! Quest

my reasoning for my vote is that i like the cloak and the spandex outfit is going to be the most head ache causing for Blood.

[X] A flowing, red, hooded cloak over a skin-tight black spandex outfit with a slit down the front that shows ALL THE CLEAVAGE (You defy any man to look you in the eyes when you're wearing it, though you can close the slit in the event of cold or insects) and domino mask in case there is enough light to reveal your face. As the name: Scarlet Enchantress.

Silversun17 said:
my reasoning for my vote is that i like the cloak and the spandex outfit is going to be the most head ache causing for Blood.
You can get the clak without the cleavage thing and considering that we're leaving now anyways, I really don't think inducing one headache more is worth a bad costume choice we'll be stuck with for who knows how long.

[X] A rather elegant and reserved black dress that you feel comfortable in. As for a name… Eh, Sorceress will do, if you must have one.

doesn't look like its going to win, but...

anyway, if we DO end up going for the first one, can we agree to remove the mask when we aren't actually fighting?

frankly our character doesn't seem the sort who would be able to put up with having a plate hanging over her face every waking hour of the day.

She'd probably rip it off and throw it away after about a hour.

also, please god, no cleavage, it doesn't even look sexy, just skanky.

I mean, I could have voting for the third choice, but

Last edited by a moderator:
Skanky describes my feelings for the cleavage thing very well.
As for taking the mask off when we don't need it, I'd assume that would be the natural approach.
Staying inside their costumes most of the time is not likely something a lot of characters would do, if this wouldn't mean more work for the people drawing them and less brand recognition for readers/viewers.

The main issue I have with the dress though is that it seems rather impractical and we should at least make a token effort to go along with this secret identity thing.
The mask may be slightly bothesome, but the entire thing should be simple enough to deal with.

fair enough

changing my vote to: [X] A flowing, red, hooded cloak over a black body suit and a featureless white mask. You wanted to project an air of mysteriousness and danger that would hopefully keep opponents guessing… You believe you'll call yourself the Scarlet Witch.

so long as we make a habit of removing the mask when not "on the clock"

frankly we are creepy enough as it is, we don't need added help.

[X] You'll wear a simple, red set of robes- And if anyone tries to get you to wear a silly little mask, remind them of the AURA OF VIOLENT HATRED that surrounds you, and which you can't get rid of. Any disguise you use would be cursory, at best.

The skanky choice is OOC for someone with practically medieval standards.

[X] A flowing, red, hooded cloak over a skin-tight black spandex outfit with a slit down the front that shows ALL THE CLEAVAGE (You defy any man to look you in the eyes when you're wearing it, though you can close the slit in the event of cold or insects) and domino mask in case there is enough light to reveal your face. As the name: Scarlet Enchantress.

[X] A flowing, red, hooded cloak over a black body suit and a featureless white mask. You wanted to project an air of mysteriousness and danger that would hopefully keep opponents guessing… You believe you'll call yourself the Scarlet Witch.

[X] A flowing, red, hooded cloak over a black body suit and a featureless white mask. You wanted to project an air of mysteriousness and danger that would hopefully keep opponents guessing… You believe you'll call yourself the Scarlet Witch.

[4] A flowing, red, hooded cloak over a black body suit and a featureless white mask. You wanted to project an air of mysteriousness and danger that would hopefully keep opponents guessing… You believe you'll call yourself the Scarlet Witch.
- Pipeman, iamnuff, drake_azathoth, Moronis

[4] A flowing, red, hooded cloak over a skin-tight black spandex outfit with a slit down the front that shows ALL THE CLEAVAGE (You defy any man to look you in the eyes when you're wearing it, though you can close the slit in the event of cold or insects) and domino mask in case there is enough light to reveal your face. As the name: Scarlet Enchantress.
- Silversun17, ShadowAngelBeta, nick012000, Ct613hulu

[2] You'll wear a simple, red set of robes- And if anyone tries to get you to wear a silly little mask, remind them of the AURA OF VIOLENT HATRED that surrounds you, and which you can't get rid of. Any disguise you use would be cursory, at best.
- Vindictus, Kataphraktos

We appear to be tied, so more votes (preferably against the pointlessly skanky choice) would be appreciated.

Aside from that there hasn't really been any further discussion of which spells to get.
As a reminder, we get 2 cantrips 1 first level spell and 1 second level spell.
So far only iamnuff and I are the only ones to even mention this.

As far as I can tell, we more or less agree on getting Message as one of our new cantrips.
The only second level spell we've talked about is Prtection from Arrows, which at least I would also vote for.
The first level spell is even less clear, but I'd vote for Sleep.

The second cantrip we can choose we weren't in agreement over.
I think Daze might be useful, due to it's nonexistent lethality and higher range than Colorspray, but, unless we can't afford to spend the Hitpoints, Sleep almost always be the superior choice, so there is the point to be made that something else should be more useful.
Touch of Fatigue has been mentioned, but I'm honestly not sure how useful that would be, since as far as I can tell most things that would try to get into melee with us in the DC universe are likely to wipe the floor with us, fatigued or not.
Given the problems with both of these, I'll just agree to get Mending for our second cantrip.
It has neat utility and no real overlap with other spells.

Update tonight pending tiebreaker.

Sorry for delay. School things.

EDIT: Update tomorrow. I think the SB quests updates tonight.

Sure. Why not.

Meeting the Team​

You'd settled on a flowing, blood red cloak over a black body-suit, topped with a featureless white mask. It makes you look mysterious and dangerous and, as a side effect, stops people from staring at your ass while you're in a skin-tight bodysuit. Not that you're particularly ashamed of your body (Or of anything else really. You never really got the point of shame…), but you'd be sure to get annoyed at gawkers and you're not sure how your fellow heroes would feel about you roasting the idiots.

You walk back to the kitchen in full costume, trying to walk so it looks like you're gliding across the floor, a crimson ghost. You are… only somewhat successful. You find Blood in the kitchen. He at some point while you're preoccupied managed to wake and make himself coffee.

"Today's the day," Blood says, as cheerful as you've ever seen him. "Have you packed all your belongings? You'll be staying at the Hall of Justice from now on."

You scowl at him from behind your mask. "You could at least act like you're sorry I'm leaving."

"I could," he agrees. "I'm not going to, but I could."

You flip him a gesture that you're fairly sure is impolite and he salutes you with a raised coffee mug.

A half an hour later you're sitting in an underground ritual room, carrying a bag filled with all your worldly possessions, tapping your foot impatiently as he kneels before a complex diagram on the floor, hands raised, chanting in a language you don't understand.

Ritualists take forever to get the simplest damn things done.

Finally, the laggard manages to rip open a portal in the thin air above the diagram, a savage maw filled with a maelstrom of otherworldly energies.

He gestures you through the opening with a nod of his head and you comply.

For an instant, you feel yourself step out of this world and into something else… and then you slam back to reality. Except you're not in Blood's basement anymore.

Instead, you're in a rather large room filled with comfortable looking chairs and couches and lined with bookshelves. Three people look at you: a dark skinned man with tattoos that seem mystic in nature to your practiced eyes, a small boy in a black, yellow lined cloak over a red tunic, and another boy clad in entirely in a garish combination of red and yellow, his most noticeable feature the little red lightning bolts affixed to the sides of his head…

Blood is nowhere in sight. Apparently, he's ditched you.

The people you suspect are you new comrades all look at you with varying shades of surprise, the man and the cloaked boy instinctively flinching for their weapons.

The lightning bolt boy merely tilts his head and says, "Ummm… and who are you exactly?"

"I believe she's the last member of our team, the one Batman mentioned. Correct?" the tattooed man asks.

Response?

[X] Say something cool and mysterious like… like… oh shit. Shitshitshit. You can't think of anything. And now you're just standing there like a stunned cow! Oh, nine hells, they're going to think you're addled…
[X] Luckily, you've studied this culture extensively and have a ready reply. "Whazzup, bitches? Scarlet Witch in the Hizzouse!"
[X] Minimal information. Nod in confirmation. "The Scarlet Witch."
[X] Friendly. "Yes. I am called the Scarlet Witch. Or Arrillo. Whichever you prefer. Are you my teammates? Would you like any pepper spray? It's very good."
[X] Break the ice with a question. "Scarlet Witch. So, who did you three kill to get stuck with this?"
[X] "…They expect me to work with children. Belle Reve is looking better and better."
[X]Write-in

[X] Hunker down and look the children in the eyes. "Hi there, kids- Can you point me to the 'Team' I'm supposed to be getting set up with?"
-->[X] Play up your 'Being [really] Foriegn' for maximum troll value- Deliberately misunderstand the children's insistance that they're your team, any 'Orders' they try to give you, etc.

[X] Vindictus.

Troll value=undefined.

Ah boobs lost? It would have been hilarious.

lets not be too much of a dick here.

arent these guys the same age as us?

[X] "Scarlet Witch, a pleasure to meet you." Take out canister of pepper spray, spray some in our mouth then offer it to them. "Want some?"

[X] Break the ice with a question. "Scarlet Witch. So, who did you three kill to get stuck with this?"

[X] "Scarlet Witch, a pleasure to meet you." Take out canister of pepper spray, spray some in our mouth then offer it to them. "Want some?"

Don't really think the intentional trolling would be very in character and the peper spray think doesn't really click with me either, so I'll just vote to keep things simple and straightforward.

Does anyone know who those people are?
I think two are Robin and Kid Flash, no idea about the last one.

Pipeman said:

Don't really think the intentional trolling would be very in character and the peper spray think doesn't really click with me either, so I'll just vote to keep things simple and straightforward.

Does anyone know who those people are?
I think two are Robin and Kid Flash, no idea about the last one.
aqualad

i'm wanting to do the pepper spray thing because i want to see how observent Kid Flash is. he has got to know what pepper spray looks like but we just sprayed it in our mouth...

I just got a weird/funny/potentaly awesome idea: when we have the time we should visit a certain reality and rescue a ship (http://aokihagane.wikia.com/wiki/U-2501) from her abusive enslaver.

Plan Vindictus
[X] Hunker down and look the children in the eyes. "Hi there, kids- Can you point me to the 'Team' I'm supposed to be getting set up with?"
-->[X] Play up your 'Being [really] Foriegn' for maximum troll value- Deliberately misunderstand the children's insistance that they're your team, any 'Orders' they try to give you, etc.

Silversun17 said:
I just got a weird/funny/potentaly awesome idea: when we have the time we should visit a certain reality and rescue a ship (http://aokihagane.wikia.com/wiki/U-2501) from her abusive enslaver.

That's actually a pretty good idea... provided we can get her to cooperate with us. Still a good idea just for the chaos freeing her could make. >:D

ShadowAngelBeta said:
That's actually a pretty good idea... provided we can get her to cooperate with us. Still a good idea just for the chaos freeing her could make. >:D
I want to earn her trust, become her captain and take her back to DC. the Look on Batman's face when we turn up as captain of a sapient warship will be Hilarius.

the only thing that would be more awesome is if we could get her refitted to fly and have FTL.

Silversun17 said:
I want to earn her trust, become her captain and take her back to DC. the Look on Batman's face when we turn up as captain of a sapient warship will be Hilarius.

the only thing that would be more awesome is if we could get her refitted to fly and have FTL.

Ah. Yes, completely wort just for his face... even if all he does is blink because he's used to our antics:

Batman: Alright what Elderitch Abomination did you bring back this time?
Us: Hay! I don't always bring one back!
Batman: *Raises The Eyebrow*
Us: ... It wasn't my fault this time!
Batman: Uh-huh.
Us: Really! I was bringing back my new sapient warship so I ad to use a portal and the Thing hitched a ride!
Batman: *sigh* *Hits Intercom Button* This is Batman to the WatchTower Code "It's Tuesday Again"
Us: *Pouts*
Batman: ... The Warship is a friendly.
Us: *Smiles*
Batman: I'm getting too old for this shit.

Also its DC. If we can't retrofit her with flight and FTL there is something seriously wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back