• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Sorcery! Quest

[ ] A long stone hallway studded with cell doors. It's cold there, and you can smell the sea and hear the surf in the distance. An almost palpable aura of despair lays over the place.

Dark Souls?

[ ] A graveyard. You see a pack of strangely clad youths and their hunting hound coursing after a running man. The youths are beginning to tire. The man is not.

Is that... Scooby Doo????

[ ] The burnt, shattered ruins of a great city, the likes of which you have never seen before. You hear someone sobbing nearby.

Code Geass or any of the Gundam franchisees could fit this one.

iamnuff said:
My gut says batman. purple woman is probably huntress Spoiler, the hood says its probably Spoiler.

if I'm right about this one, then its at-least the same universe as the TT one that I would have loved.

and hey, Raven has a purple hood, right? It might actually be her...

sure, I don't see why she would be fighting clowns, and the whole "jokers goons corner Spoiler in a burning warehouse" has my "I think i heard about this" sense tingling.

bear in mind, i never actually read that part of the series, but isn't this how she died? or faked her death? or something?

Spoiler/DCis correct.

ShadowAngelBeta said:
[ ] A long stone hallway studded with cell doors. It's cold there, and you can smell the sea and hear the surf in the distance. An almost palpable aura of despair lays over the place.

Dark Souls?

[ ] A graveyard. You see a pack of strangely clad youths and their hunting hound coursing after a running man. The youths are beginning to tire. The man is not.

Is that... Scooby Doo????

[ ] The burnt, shattered ruins of a great city, the likes of which you have never seen before. You hear someone sobbing nearby.

Code Geass or any of the Gundam franchisees could fit this one.

Scooby Doo is correct. It's just fused with... a few things.

[ ] A cold, misty city in the midst of a full scale war. Men in black armor clash with barbarians in furs, most using swords and axes, some using glowing shields or silver wands that launch lances of light. Strange silver vessels grace the sky and lash at the ground with spikes of blue spellfire. Above it all, a phantom scream echoes through the night.

Men in black armor. Lets side with them. Honestly, being good is too much work.

[X] A large warehouse. A purple clad and cloaked figure crouches behind a pile of crates, brutal looking clowns(?) point metal wands that spark and thunder at her location. You see the familiar light of a fire slowly growing out of control… But, hey, at least it isn't your fault this time.

DC has my vote.

Honestly, Scooby Doo is pretty lame, even with "other stuff blended in" which i assume means "some/most of the monsters are real" it still sounds kind boring.

assuming Darksouls is right, thats probably not going to help out stated goal of making friends.

It might fit out powerset, but DS is kind of a shithole.

Last edited by a moderator:

left for dead

potter

[X] A cold, misty city in the midst of a full scale war. Men in black armor clash with barbarians in furs, most using swords and axes, some using glowing shields or silver wands that launch lances of light. Strange silver vessels grace the sky and lash at the ground with spikes of blue spellfire. Above it all, a phantom scream echoes through the night.

ward201 said:

left for dead

potter
Potter is correct.

Disminded said:

but not L2D?

kinda glad about that, I don't want to try making friends with "witch-chan" or something.

HP could be good i guess, but showing up in azkaban would probably suck, unless being hellspawn gives us bonuses to dealing with them.

either way, DC still has my vote.

I think the cold, misty city is ahead at two votes, with scooby fusion and DC trailing with one vote each.

To stave off potential future complaints, cold, misty city is also the option most likely to kill you in very short order.

Vote closed later today.

Not changing. Fully scale war is most interesting, and gives most rapid growth in power. Glory or death.

[X] DC

Not the biggest fan in general, but it does have a few characters I like.

Robotninja said:
Not changing. Fully scale war is most interesting, and gives most rapid growth in power. Glory or death.

Pretty much.

If it helps anyone else to decide, while this setting is likely to kill you, it also contains the single most haxx in-game upgrade since Exaltation and the Rinnegan.

Disminded said:
Pretty much.

If it helps anyone else to decide, while this setting is likely to kill you, it also contains the single most haxx in-game upgrade since Exaltation and the Rinnegan.
What? Seriously? Planeswalker?

Damn it. Looks like fucking comics wins. Well, there goes all my interest.

so DC is winning? good.

Hax power-ups are great and all, but frankly i would prefer to quest in a setting i know. with characters I already like.

[X] A cold, misty city in the midst of a full scale war. Men in black armor clash with barbarians in furs, most using swords and axes, some using glowing shields or silver wands that launch lances of light. Strange silver vessels grace the sky and lash at the ground with spikes of blue spellfire. Above it all, a phantom scream echoes through the night.

Sounds more interesting because there's no way we'd go supervillain route in DC.

i'm kinda wondering how people in DC would react to our magic.

in some comics batman barely belives in magic, and in others he's good friends with zatanna. (well, as much as he is with anyone)

sometimes both depending on the writer.

also, vote tally.

misty city: ward201, Hymn of ragnarok, Robotninja

scooby do: luckybreak91

DC: iamnuff, ShadowAngelBeta, Vindictus

so a two way tie?

meh.

fingers crossed for DC, it sounds so much more interesting than what seems to be another generic D&D-verse, as far as I can tell.

we might as well have not even bothered with a crossover, just gone adventuring the normally.

hmmm, actually, playing as a part demonic super-villain in DC would actually be really fun.

we are genre savvy enough to avoid the hell out of the heavy hitters, even without being super-meta, and most of the big-time-heroes don't actually do magic.

assuming we can get our hands on some spells more esoteric than your basic "blaster-caster" build, then we can probably wreck some shit.

the joys of being a sorcerer in a high-tech/low-magic setting.

actually, considering how foreign our magic is, would even the magically apt heroes be able do do things like remove curses we place?

Fate probably could, because he can do pretty much anything, but zatanna?

not seeing how that would make us many friends though, unless we picked up some cool sidekicks Henchmen along to way.

so long as we don't end up working for Trigon or some shit.

... While I'd usually just decide this with a coin flip, I am loathe to violate player agency in such a way on such an important decision. So, I'll give it 'till tomorrow and hope something changes. If not... heads DC, tails misty city.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Sounds more interesting because there's no way we'd go supervillain route in DC.

Remember, this is QQ, not SB- Similar playerbase, but with a mere fraction of the white knights!

Vindictus said:
Remember, this is QQ, not SB- Similar playerbase, but with a mere fraction of the white knights!

I just read a Quest where we start Demonic and when asked what we want from a high level wizard, we asked for friends.

Proportionally the white knights still appear to be the dominating faction.

Clowns are friendly?

Eh. I personally voted for friends because it stuck out the most. Seemed a bit out of place, and thus interesting.

[X] DC

Because I wouldn't mind seeing how our character interacts with DC verse.

Tie reestablished!

The Building Is On Fire, And It Isn't Your Fault​

And then you're somewhere else, with no transition between stepping into the center of the flawed pattern and standing in a large warehouse.

The familiar scent of smoke wafts pasts your nose and you smile as you see a fire beginning to rage out of control on the far side of the warehouse. Ah, memories. You'd probably hear its friendly, hungry crackle save for the thunderous crack of the wandfire…

You frown at the clowns (Or what you assume are clowns. The make-up could be warpaint for all you knew. Still, they looked the part) as they waste charge after charge of their wands against the splintered, shredded mass of crates. The noise is obnoxious enough, but wasting so much wandfire on one person? Wands are expensive, dammit! You couldn't even afford one to supplement your capabilities, and here they are using theirs all willy-nilly. It isn't fair!

Of course the clowns look remarkably thuggish for magic-users. Even the crudest of your ilk usually still held some pretensions of sophistication. These clowns are dressed in drab trousers and jacket, and there was no art to their attacks, merely brutal application of power.

Not that they needed all that much finesse. The object of their hostility crouches low behind the crates, a slim figure clad in a dark purple body suit, topped with a purple cloak. Maybe a thief, caught stealing from the warehouse? Would that make the clowns guards? Though you wonder why guards would show such little regard for the merchandise they protect.

For the moment, you've escaped everyone's notice, being half-hidden behind your own stack of crates. The clowns are focused on killing the purple clad thief with their strange wands, though one is now preoccupied with a bundle of red cylinders (maybe an alchemical device of some sort? You don't think it garish enough to be a magic item). The purple clad thief is focused on not dying. The fire is slowly spreading, growing fiercer and brighter and more joyous with every moment.

What do you do?
[ ] Attack the clowns (and confiscate their wands. They obviously don't appreciate them). Tactics?
[ ] Stealing is wrong! Attack the thief. Tactics?
[ ] You know what this scene needs? More fire! Use your flaming orb to help the fire spread.
[ ] … Eh. Not your fight. Slip out before someone sees you.
[ ] Write in.

Note: DC won. Anybody care what the other options were?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back