• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Styling requests

The quickbar-type thing up in the top right is dumb. When you've got a new message or alert and hover 'inbox'/'alerts', the width of the 'button' changes when the counter vanishes. Which means if you were near the left edge, the cursor gets dropped onto the next thing over, and you have to move it again to get back to the shit you actually wanted. Fixed width would be nice.
Something should be able to be done about this. Currently at school on my mobile network so I can't do anything about that right now and I believe aleth is still asleep, but give me an hour or three and I can see what can be done about this.
HUGE BUTTONS MUST PRESS.
Also, the 'insert qoutes', 'post reply' and 'more options...' buttons are hard to see. Grey-blue text on grey-green buttons on grey-grey background is not good. Needs a little more contrast.
Yes I know I originally complained they were too bright, you fixed them too much.
This likewise can be fixed.
Nitrogen's reply box is a complete mess now. It's huge, the buttons are jumbo sized, and everything is steel grey. The font is almost impossible to see on the text box background because of its color.

Though the word count feature is neat.
Currently Nitrogen, along with Hydrogen, is currently unsupported because editing and fixing it is like hitting your head against a brick wall due to being shodily coded. To paraphrase alethiophile "There is a good reason this was an unpaid theme on a random site." Having said that, the rich text editor is something we will be fixing across all themes, one way or another.

I reccomend switching to Light Responsive, if you are desiring a lighter theme.

Light responsive is pretty ugly. I'll just switch to Blackend I guess. Orange is best color.

Seriously, though, can something be done to fix the Dark Responsive buttons? They look horrible.

Seriously, though, can something be done to fix the Dark Responsive buttons? They look horrible.
How about like this?

Regular
a2b6e0F.png

Mouse Over/Hover
SEhS1E5.png

Code:
.button, a.callToAction span {background-color: transparent;border: 1px solid rgb(129, 138, 209);}
.button:hover, a.callToAction span:hover {color: rgb(45, 184, 61);border: 1px solid rgb(45, 184, 61);}

How about like this?

Regular
a2b6e0F.png

Mouse Over/Hover
SEhS1E5.png

Code:
.button, a.callToAction span {background-color: transparent;border: 1px solid rgb(129, 138, 209);}
.button:hover, a.callToAction span:hover {color: rgb(45, 184, 61);border: 1px solid rgb(45, 184, 61);}
Oh, I didn't mean those buttons. Those ones are fine. I mean these ones:
DRButtons_zpsb0fd5a81.png

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that. Silly of me considering it's the main reason I switched to Dark Responsive.

Can the abbreviations under-dot colour be changed on the darker styles? It's almost invisible on Dark Responsive.

It is utterly invisible on Blackend-Green, to the point where I'm not even sure if the underline is there at all.

Yeah, the abbr tag I just dashed off does direct substitution and specifies the underline color as pure black. I just have to make it depend on a named class and then add that to the CSS for all the themes.

Which will wait until tomorrow, because I have class to get up for.

Yeah, the abbr tag I just dashed off does direct substitution and specifies the underline color as pure black. I just have to make it depend on a named class and then add that to the CSS for all the themes.
For simplicity's sake, you can just drop the explicit color entirely ("border-bottom: 1px dotted;"). It should adopt the color of the text.

Is there any way to turn off the stupid thing where selecting words in somebody's post causes a "+ Quote | Reply" dropdown to appear? I use the select function all the time when reading (makes switching between lines easier), and it's extremely annoying to deal with.

Is there any way to turn off the stupid thing where selecting words in somebody's post causes a "+ Quote | Reply" dropdown to appear? I use the select function all the time when reading (makes switching between lines easier), and it's extremely annoying to deal with.
Nope. It's a board wide feature known as 'selectable multiquote' and it can't be changed fit the skin. The vast majority of people find it useful for replying to specific topics without having to manually edit formatting for quotes so I cannot conceive of it going anywhere.

I have a problem with "Flexile Dark": when I type in the search box, it's white-on-white.

I find the following helpful in Dark Responsive, to reduce whitespace and scrolling:
Code:
.listBlock .avatar img, .listBlock .avatar { padding: 0px !important }
.listBlock .title { font-size: 13px !important }
The second line just overrides an existing font-size setting, which could be removed instead.

There's a minor side effect where the "you have replied to this thread" instance of your avatar isn't positioned directly over the lower right quarter of the OP's avatar anymore, but I'm not convinced that's a bad thing.

I'll post this here since (on the of chance it has not been suggested, I did a cursory search) it seems to be the least wrong place.

Can we get page one displayed in under the threads? ([1][...][22][23])
As it is only the three most recent pages of a thread are displayed ([...][21][22][23]) and it would be convenient to have a way to instantly go to the first page of a thread.

Thank you.

As it is only the three most recent pages of a thread are displayed ([...][21][22][23]) and it would be convenient to have a way to instantly go to the first page of a thread.

Thank you.
Until such a time in which it has been implemented, you can click on the date to get to the first page.

I'll post this here since (on the of chance it has not been suggested, I did a cursory search) it seems to be the least wrong place.

Thank you.
The Blackened theme already does this.

Thank you.
I think I'm leaving this as-is in the Responsive family; you can click the date for a quick to-first-page, and changing what's actually displayed is a fiddly matter.

Fixed the issue on Light Responsive with regards to the atrocious 'Sign up Now' button, to match the rest of the skin.

Likewise fixed the issue of the link-highlights turning a pale-green, which clashes badly with the off-white rest of the theme.

Some of the text for the Darkened themes are hard to see, being dark text on a black background.

This is mostly noticeable in the Dice Roller, as shown below.

5t1hxT2.jpg

It's very hard to see the dark grey on the black background.
Could it possibly be changed to a light grey or white?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back