• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Super Robot Wars Anew (Crossover)

I want to go to unknown space

Turn 3: Results
Plan: Phone Home and Valkyries has won . . . and immediately been interrupted by crits.

Lesson 1: The Plane is a Robot
DC30: 56 +8 Martial +3 Ace Combat = 67
Success

At this point, it's pretty obvious that a lot of your hopes for an emergency rest on Skull Squadron's shoulders. As half the ship watches the entire flight of five Valkyries dogfight and smoothly transform into various shapes, the whole group quickly turning into mini-celebrities to the mobs of children on-board. Heck, you even heard a rumor that Pilot Ichijyo was seen having a cozy meal with Miss Minmay in the cockpit of his fighter . . . which you should probably yell at him for later, since food getting in plane controls was likely a bad idea.

Maybe you'd show mercy as long as he kept doing crazy stunt-piloting tricks that let him keep up with Lieutenant Fokker. Hell, the other two pilots (A man named Ben, and a little girl whose name currently escaped you) were quickly learning to keep up as well. They were clearly a tier behind the others, but still at the very least on-par with most Feddie pilots. Hopefully with pilots this good you wouldn't need to strap any children into those moving coffins you called Armored Troopers in an actual combat situation.

Results: All 5 members of Skull Squadron are now completely comfortable with Variable Fighter technology, granting them slightly better combat stats with their Valkyries. Combat scenes with them will probably be super flashy and cool!

Zor's Gift
DC70: 32 +6 Stewardship = 38
Failure

Results: Unfortunately, most resources and attention went to the communications and sensor systems, so no progress was made on investigating the Infirmary's systems.

Wait, Are Those New Mobile Suits?!
DC20/50/80: 48 +6 Learning = 54
Success

"Alright, what do you have for us?"

Today's meeting was a bit different than normal. Instead of a full meeting of the command staff, it was a meeting primarily for the combat staff. In this case it was yourself, Skull Squadron, Claudia, and Uribatake to go over what he'd managed to pull together from examining the Variable Fighter technology. The older man was practically vibrating in place as he pulled up a wave of technical documents.

"These Variable Fighters are so *cool*! You see, there's always been limitations in our mobile weapons that made things inconvenient in various situations. Knightmare Frames are extremely mobile, but basically stuck to the ground. Mobile Suits, despite being the apparent next step up in tech, are really more of a space-centric thing. That's where they are the most mobile. The less to be said about old planes and Armored Troopers the better. These though?"

He slapped his hand on the table with a gleam in his eyes.

"These are the best! The Variable Fighter might not be as beefy or heavily armored as other types of mobile weapons, but they are absolutely the fastest around. Their ability to transform using this robotechnology-" "What? We're not calling it tha-" "ROBOTECHNOLOGY, gives them unparalleled versatility! Sure they require different skill sets than normal mobile weapons, but that just makes them ACE MATERIAL! Hell, they're capable of independent atmospheric re-entry, and cover the gap between land, air, and space mobile weapons. And best of all, *I* know how to make them!"

The man let out a loud cackle, before you cut him off by throwing a shoe at his face. No mad scientist habits on board your ship, damnit! Raising a finger you pointed at the man, causing him to gulp.

"Stay on target. Explain."

"Err-right. Yeah. Even without the full technical documents from the actual factories, the combination of the repair docs and being able to examine the Valkyries up-close pretty much gave me everything I need. Combined with ready access to the source of Robotechnology, and if we had people ready to do the part manufacturing, my boys could design and assemble new Valkyries for you no problem. We don't have any prototype designs yet obviously, but OH WAIT THATS NOT EVEN THE BEST PART!"

Swapping focus on a dime, he pulled up a view of the SDF-1 on the main screen, before adjusting it to show a wireframe model. With a wide grin on his face he reached down to trace his fingers along the image, pulling it apart . . . no wait, he wasn't pulling it apart. He was shifting parts of-

"Oh you've got to be kidding me!" Rick exclaimed, while the blonde girl (Rita! That's what her name was!) gaped at the image of the Macross itself transforming.

"That's right, the whole-ass ship can transform into a giant goddamn robot! That's why we call it Robotechnology! I even found a big stonkin' space gun system we should be able to make use of if we got to stop a colony drop or blow away a fleet or something. Isn't that fucking *SWEET*!?"

You could only drop your head into your palms, as Claudia sobbed.

"Oh lord we have an anti-colony death laser."

Results: Great success! Uribatake's understanding of the newly named [Robotechnology] has increased, meaning he can now research and design new Variable Fighters. He also discovered that the Macross is actually a giant goddamn Robot, with an 'anti-colony death laser' for a main weapon. That's functional.

Houston, We Have So Many Problems
DC60/70/80: 70 +5 Diplomacy +5 Synergy = 80
The Telephone Game
DC40: 93 +6 Learning +5 Synergy = 104
Hey, Listen!
DC???: 95 +It doesn't matter you crit.
An obscene series of crits and successes.

"Come in, Earth Federation forces. Can you read me?"

"Earth colonies, Energy Fleet, anyone can you hear us? Please respond."

Uribatake and his boys were on a roll, essentially having nonstop successes. More kids were looking into mechanics and engineering as a career path it seemed, as he restored more and more systems. First the inter-ship signal was strengthened and people were able to watch what media had been brought onto the ship anywhere. Then the medium-range sensors were restored. Then the comms! Finally, the Macross had full long-ranged communications re-established! Now your Bridge Bunnies (You were totally keeping the term) were trying to re-establish contact with any faction of Humanity they could.

You however, were suffering from a rather persistent migraine. Due to your unique physiology you couldn't exactly take handfuls of painkillers under normal circumstances, so you were just dealing with it for the time being. It honestly just felt like something was hammering at your head, and rather incessantly at th-

"Hey, listen!"

Then, with a feeling of something breaking, you fell out of your body and into the stars. Colors swirled, space roiled, and you felt yourself pulled far away from your body.

"Oh! Oh! You listened!"

Was this what people like Amuro and Char experienced? Your mind and soul reaching out across time and space to connect with someone else. As you turned your focus towards the being that contacted you, details became clearer. She was feminine in shape, at least by human standards, with a similarly cute voice. Her entire body was a faint shade of blue, and semi-sheer as she bobbed up and down in this weird pseudo-space. Rather than wearing clothing, part of her body extended out like lace, and then a jellyfish-like bulb rather than a full skirt.

IbwO8mP.jpg

"Hey, you gotta listen to me, alright?"

"Who are you?" No seriously, who the heck was this cute alien slime girl? Unfortunately this breakthrough with your Newtype abilities didn't stop the pain you were in, so you weren't sure how long you could keep contact. After a look from the alien, she seemed to understand and nod sadly.

"I understand, you're not ready yet. Okay, I am Undine!"

And oh god that did not help! That name was packed full of just . . . raw data, in the most painful way. Your brain just sort-of abbreviated it to Undine, but you knew there was more in there to parse.

"I don't know how you ended up in this sector, but you've been a little bit noisy lately, so you're kinda in trouble!"

Oh fuck. The connection was quickly becoming strained and deteriorating, after the initial burst of psychic power made the connection.

"Who is looking for me?!"

"Them! The naughty ones! They've already sent a-"

"Captain! We have a contact, coming directly towards us! It's not a Federation ship or a mobile suit . . . I don't know what it is!"

With a snap you were released back to your mortal shell, the migraine fading away as you shot to your feet to take a closer look at the readouts. There was an unknown energy signature closing in from an extreme distance. Normally you might wait and be conservative, but after that psychic event you weren't inclined to wait around.

"Everyone go to red alert. Have the kids take cover in designated safe zones. I know we haven't had time to practice them, but we have to be prepared for possible hostiles. Get Skull Squadron ready to fly, and have the Armored Troopers loaded up and prepared just in case."

As the sensors pulled in long-ranged telemetry, the entity slowly appeared on-screen, much to the discomfort of everyone on the bridge.

CLIKCtH.jpg

"Oh gross." "Nope, all of my nope." "I want none of that!"

It was a large mix between organic and mechanical, shaped like some kind of nightmare bug. Underneath a metallic carapace hung all sorts of limbs and manipulators, studded with what looked like eldritch weaponry. Instead of a head it had some sort of ringed maw with that unknown energy source glowing within. Claudia suddenly flinched, before looking up from her monitor.

"Ma'am, whatever that is, it's Fold-capable. The reason we didn't detect it until now was that it folded into local space, then started making a beeline for us."

"Shit, does that mean it can follow us?"

"It might be able to? There's no way to know for certain without seeing it happen."

Fuck all kinds of duck.

Due to the wildly successful repair work you were able to detect an unknown (and partially mechanical) lifeform heading towards the SDF-1. A being known as Undine simultaneously reached out to your Newtype abilities and warned you that it was sent by something or someone 'naughty', which you are taking to mean hostile. What do?

[ ] "Launch Skull Squadron and turn us about! We're taking it down before it gets to us." Attack the entity with Skull Squadron, while the SDF-1 (and it's civilians) stay at extreme range.

[ ] "Prepare for an immediate Fold back to Earth." Fuck-off back to Earth. Note: The entity might be able to follow you back to Earth, which could be good or bad.

[ ] "Oh crap it's happening again." The Macross would like to initiate an Emergency Space Fold to an unknown location.

There is no negotiation or peaceful first contact option due to cute slime girl interference. This is a good thing.

[X] "Oh crap it's happening again." The Macross would like to initiate an Emergency Space Fold to an unknown location.

Nigerundayo

For reference, the bug-like entity is mobile armor-sized, not battleship-sized or mobile suit-sized.

i mean mobile armor sized is a wide range also yeah saw this happening soon

There are a couple of choices that interest me and then there's one I'm flat out against.

[ ] "Launch Skull Squadron and turn us about! We're taking it down before it gets to us." Attack the entity with Skull Squadron, while the SDF-1 (and it's civilians) stay at extreme range.

Part of me wants to do this option. If only to figure out what the assailant is capable of. However, I will admit that the ship probably isn't ready for an unknown contact. Against anything back around Earth, the ship would wreck face.

[ ] "Prepare for an immediate Fold back to Earth." Fuck-off back to Earth. Note: The entity might be able to follow you back to Earth, which could be good or bad.

This is the one I'm against. There's already BS going on back home, there's no need to potentially drag and unknown alien contact back to that cluster flop. The average person on Earth doesn't deserve that on top of everything else.

[ ] "Oh crap it's happening again." The Macross would like to initiate an Emergency Space Fold to an unknown location.

This is the safe-ish option. Blind Fold Jumps are a bit crazy, though.

Eh, I guess I'll have to go with veekie on this one.

[X] "Oh crap it's happening again." The Macross would like to initiate an Emergency Space Fold to an unknown location.

Pursuit 1
Huh, surprise, I have time on Saturday morning somehow. Guess we'll set-up the first combat early after all!

"Captain, the ship is doing the thing again! The Fold System is activating on it's own, just like when we left Macross Island!"

With a quiet curse, you placed your hands on your console and interfaced with the Macross, quickly confirming the report. It seems like the ship's automated systems confirmed the presence of the bug-shaped entity (which it ominously labeled as a 'Pursuer') and immediately went for an emergency space fold. While you didn't like the idea of just fucking off to the middle of nowhere again, it meant the ship was ready to teleport now, while the Pursuer was seemingly out-of-range.

"All hands, prepare for emergency space fold!"

It wasn't even a hard choice. You trusted the ship's safety systems to keep you from folding directly into a star or something, and you really didn't want to risk combat if you didn't have to. This even had the bonus of not possibly leading aliens directly to Earth! As the systems activated, a bubble of superdimensional space surrounded the Macross before whisking it away to somewhere else.

Pursuer rolled: 72

When the Macross transitioned back to realspace, your bunnies immediately went to work gathering new telemetry and dealing with alarms and systems checks. It appeared that you'd landed on the outskirts of a fairly unassuming system. A single yellow star, only a handful of planets, none of them in the right range for human habitation.

"All pilots, stay on alert." You spoke over the comms, before frowning and adding: "In fact, Skull Squadron please launch. There's no telling if that thing will be able to follow us, but if it does then I want you out there and ready to engage."

"Yes ma'am. Skull Squadron, let's roll out."

A chorus of affirmatives sounded as the flight of five variable fighters launched from the Macross, taking up a tight formation as they began to slowly circle the ship. It proved to be a good idea when mere minutes later, the sensors (now actively looking for it) picked up anomalous readings deeper towards the system. A bubble of actinic green superdimensional energy appeared and popped, revealing the Pursuer you had fled from. The machine lit up with that same energy, turning on a dime and again flying straight for you.

"Skull Squadron, you have my permission to engage that thing and shoot it down. There's no earthly reason for it to be following us this much, and while I'd like to just leave, we can't make successive space folds without risking severely damaging the ship. Take it down, Roy."

It is time for the (still actually dangerous) tutorial battle, since you were sadly unable to flee from the appropriately named Pursuer. You don't currently have much information on the enemy, besides that it is bigger and seemingly slower than your valkyries, and almost certainly more heavily armored (and armed if that big hole is something like a mega particle cannon). So let's focus on your forces! You have three combat units right now (not counting the Armored Troopers and Macross).

Unit One: Roy Fokker in his custom Valkyrie.
Unit Two: Max Jenius with Ben as his wingmate, in VF-1As.
Unit Three: Hikaru Ichijyo with Rita as his wingmate, in VF-1As.

While you'll get more options in the future, for now all units are similarly armed with stock missiles and a Gatling Gunpod. Your units are at Long Range, and will need to close in to the enemy to make use of the gunpods, though long range missile bombardment is an option. Regardless, I'm not giving you choices here for the first fight.

[ ] Write-In

You're giving me a brief plan of action, with how to begin engaging the enemy. If you wish to break up the units or re-organize them, you can, but remember that Ben and Rita are explicitly not at the level of the others and won't be pulling any wacky tricks alone. Do remember that you're piloting valkyries, which are a bit more delicate and a lot faster than most types of mecha, so don't pilot them like Super Robots. If you wish to make use of the Macross somehow, or the Armored Troopers, you can but you'll be putting them at risk. It *seems* like the Pursuer's priority is going straight for the Macross, so it's your choice if you want to risk letting it get close.

[X] Maintain long range missile bombardment, close in only if it ignores the bombardment and keeps heading for the ship.

I'm thinking given the appearance, our plane/mechs don't want to get too close, since we got good ranged options but it looks like a nasty melee gribbly

[X] Open with Stand-Off Missile Volley. Split into elements to strafe the target with Unit One going below elliptical on the target and Unit Two going above. Unit Three stays back to intercept with a second stand-off missile volley in case the strafing doesn't work. Keep mobile and out of melee. Macross should ready it's AA guns just in case the enemy gets close.

A bit more detailed than veekie, but the initial idea is sound. An opening stand-off missile salvo. However, a couple of strafing runs don't get too close and a unit held in reserve should the strafing not work would be a good bet. I may have missed whether the later was still out of commission or not, but the Macross has auxiliary missile emplacements beyond its usual anti-ship missile complement that could be used for intercept.

Last edited:
[X] Open with Stand-Off Missile Volley. Split into elements to strafe the target with Unit One going below elliptical on the target and Unit Two going above. Unit Three stays back to intercept with a second stand-off missile volley in case the strafing doesn't work. Keep mobile and out of melee. Macross should ready it's AA guns just in case the enemy gets close.

Last edited:
Friendly reminder: As was stated in several options, the Macross currently has no usable missile launchers, despite it's absolute wealth of missiles. It's got close-ranged AA guns galore, a buncha AT's that could carry bazookas I guess, two of those main railguns . . . and the Macross Cannon.

Friendly reminder: As was stated in several options, the Macross currently has no usable missile launchers, despite it's absolute wealth of missiles. It's got close-ranged AA guns galore, a buncha AT's that could carry bazookas I guess, two of those main railguns . . . and the Macross Cannon.

I have edited my vote in light of this.

something feel wrong with not being able to do a proper macross missile massacre

I've always felt a proper, effective Itano Circus needs to be done in closer range to limit dodging/etc. Don't worry, I'll give you research options that equate to "Put more missile launchers on our planes". *Thumbs up*

Probably need to figure out restocking those missiles too.

[X] Open with Stand-Off Missile Volley. Split into elements to strafe the target with Unit One going below elliptical on the target and Unit Two going above. Unit Three stays back to intercept with a second stand-off missile volley in case the strafing doesn't work. Keep mobile and out of melee. Macross should ready it's auxiliary missile emplacements should the target get past the Valkyries.

Just to warn you, I changed my vote a while ago since the aux missile emplacements are still out.

Please don't die

Pursuit 2 - End
"Weapons free everybody! Max, Ben, I'll go under and you go over! Hikaru, Rita, hang back and get ready to back us up!"

A chorus of agreements rang out across the comms, as the flight of Valkyries burst into action. Missiles began to fly in a small wave from their few racks, all zooming in towards the giant armored bug which decided to . . . spin? It moved almost lazily as it kept heading towards the Macross unerringly, even as explosions began to pepper it's carapace to surprisingly little effect, much to the crew's surprise. Not to be deterred however, Units One and Two continued with their plans to assault it before it could close onto the ship and the refugees within!

Max and Ben opened fire with their gunpods in a strafing run as they passed over the top of the bug, their bullets again doing minimal damage even after the missile volley, some slugs even bouncing away as the Pursuer turned to keep as much shell as possible between it and the pair. This did allow Lieutenant Fokker to slid underneath the bug however, the experienced pilot smoothly transforming from plane to robot and unloading a full volley of bullets into the thing's underbelly, snapping off little leg-like appendages and actually causing green blood to flow.

"I dunno what those plates are made out of, but it's underbelly is soft enough to-shit!"

Roy's comment was cut off as the relatively slow bug abruptly tripled in speed, *zooming* towards the Macross the Unit Three after being hit. The pair of pilots half-panicked, opening up with their few remaining missiles (to little effect) before being forced to scatter lest the bug smash through them, leading to the bug being chased by all five fighters now that it proved it had equivalent speed to the Valkyries!

"Crap, it was hiding it's speed?!" Hikaru cried it, opening fire towards the back of the bug alongside Rita as they chased after it, only for a *hail* of pin-point laser fire to streak from the Macross and strike the Pursuer to unusual effect. As the plates on the bug began to visible heat up and vibrate from the laser strikes, the bug began to screech over the comms, the Macross' sensors detecting a fold reaction and interference as it's maw began to glow green . . . before a second volley struck it *in* said maw, followed by Max and Roy's Valkyries landing crack shots between their allies into the bug from behind.

The combination of strikes from both ends managed to stop whatever the bug was doing, resulting in a massive sensor-blinding explosion of green energy. Silence rained for the moment at the unexpected blast, before Captain Ruri's voice cut through the quickly restored comms. "That's one kill for me. Someone please paint a bug on the ship, that's how it works right?"

After taking some time to reload and continue patrolling, it became obvious that more bugs were not going to show up immediately, thankfully. With that, a quick after-action meeting was called for the pilots and senior officers, with Roy taking the lead.

"Sorry ma'am, but we made an error. With how big and slow it was initially, we didn't think it was capable of moving fast enough to blow by our defensive lines. I expected it to be more of a lumbering mobile armor type, especially after it shrugged off all our missiles with it's carapace." He began with an apology.

"I don't think any of us expected that, to be honest." Dr. Mass commented with a shiver, before Uribatake spoke up.

"The whole damn alien was fucked up! Mobile armor plating for a shell, the ability to Fold, some weird reaction to being hit by the lasers, screaming over comms, and I'd bet my boots that was a big honkin' space laser it was building up to at the end!"

"At least we know that it's underbelly is weaker, and hitting it in the mouth worked. Explosively." Ruri commented, with a sigh. "If there are much more of these things around though, it could get really dangerous, especially since it could follow us post-Fold . . . I might not be the biggest fan of the Earth Sphere at the moment, but bringing back an army of teleporting space bugs isn't a fate I'd wish on many people."

Half the group shivered at that thought. "So, the real question is . . . what do we do now?"

Battle Result - Victory!

No damage to allied forces, and the enemy was completely destroyed! The Macross has ??? faction's attention.

I forgor post-medical issues, but work is slow today and I remembered I haven't updated in two years whoops. I'll even get actual choices posted during the slow period today, probably! The dice gods were unkind today, with a mere 16 on the opening volley. Roy did great to get the first wound in, but the bug did nearly as great throughout the entire fight, and Hikaru and Rita flubbed their reaction. Then Ruri and the Macross got a lucky shot, while the bug rolled low (finally). If this was not the first encounter, this fight would still be going on with additional subvotes, and that Pursuer would be all up in the Macross's business. By the way, Pursuers are generic units for the faction! Have fun with that knowledge!

Turn 4 - Still Alive
You are currently waiting in a small solar system after a tense, but short battle against an unknown alien creature. While there were no casualties or any real damage after the battle, it got close enough to the ship that people are pretty tense, though the braver of the kids freely took their Scopedog Spacers out to collect the surviving debris from the Pursuer . . . without orders or permission. Morons. At the moment though it's all quiet amongst these couple of rocky planets, giving you some time to think and plan.

[Assuming things don't get complicated, your Scopedogs will head out to grab debris or try to rescue downed pilots post-battle. Some situations will necessitate actually spending an AP on recovery due to danger or other complications though.]

Turn 4-

You currently have 6 AP, please choose 6 options.

Martial-
[ ] Lesson 2: The Robot is Also Half a Plane
DC: 45
The pilots have survived their first sortie, but Roy was the only one who managed to smoothly make use of his mech's transformation to good effect. Knowing how to use it is one thing, but knowing *when* to use it is another. Time for a special training menu focusing on those transformations, and improving small-unit tactics.
Reward: More training for Skull Squadron, mostly to bring the weaker members closer to the real Aces levels.

[ ] They're Still Fancy Coffins
DC: 40
Okay, no offense to Uribatake, but Armored Troopers are still basically just fancy coffins even with those nice upgrades. If we do get into combat, the kids are gonna wanna sortie in them and protect their friends. I propose we give the best of the best some heavy training so they don't get themselves all killed if that does happen.
Reward: Your mob of Scopedogs get actual training.

[ ] Bigger Boom
DC: 60
So I was thinkin', we got all those anti-ship missiles right? And no way to use them? I think we can jury-rig some hand-held launchers to make use of them. I'd rather not need them, but you never know what's going to happen.
Reward: Create ad-hoc anti-ship missile launchers for the Variable Fighters.

[ ] Biggest Boom
DC: 75
Alright, it's gonna take some serious work, but with the Spacers helping out I think I might be able to start repairing and replacing our missile emplacements. That bug got way too close for comfort, and that was with a full flight of Valkyries harrying it! Without more combatants, we should probably improve the Macross' offensive options.

Diplomacy-
[ ] Houston, We Have So Many MORE Problems
DC: Variable, but an assured success at minimum
Okay, we got the comms up and running, so whenever you want to phone home we can make it happen. It's just a matter of getting the right frequency.
Reward: Re-establish communications with the solar system. And possibly more.

[ ] Recall
DC: ???
Now that we have the Fold System back online, we can finally return to Earth. It's been long enough that hopefully any Zeon forces have left the area. (Note: This IMMEDIATELY returns to Earth, re-establishing contact with the locals. The good ones, and the bad ones. Removes On The Other Hand as an option.)
Reward: ???

[ ] A New Frontier
Well, we're in a brand new system, and it doesn't look like another one of those uh . . . Pursuers I guess? Doesn't look like another one has found us yet. This is probably a good chance to check out this system, see if there's anything interesting.
Reward: Surveys the local system.

[ ] A Different Frontier
DC: Variable
On the other hand, if one bug found us here, others might follow. It might be a smart idea to initiate a controlled Space Fold again, and aim ourselves somewhere away this system and the last one. I think I can put us somewhere far enough away that we can buy some time if the bugs are still looking for us?
Reward: Find a new system, hopefully far away from the ??? insectoid faction.

Stewardship-
[ ] Zor's Gift
DC: 65 (DC Reduced due to earlier alien tech successes/Previous Attempt)
While we were working together Ruri, I noticed that some of the alien machines would respond to you accessing the consoles. I think we should make use of that ability of yours to see if we can figure out how some of these devices work. Who knows? We might find something that can cure cancer, or make new organs wholesale!
Reward: Fully unlock the Infirmary's alien equipment.

[ ] Diplomas
DC: 40/80
With all these children running around, it's vital that we re-establish a school system to continue their education. They've already missed months of learning, which could have a serious effect on their future. If some of the older teens volunteer to act as tutors and teachers, we can make this happen.
Reward: People get a goddamn education (that will likely be skewed towards cool space stuff)

[ ] It's Just Business
DC: 35/75 (Slight discount due to people wanting something else to get their minds of BUGS)
Some of the few adults and older teens would like to make use of extra space and the ship's manufacturing systems to . . . well . . have jobs again. Only so many people really want to watch over children and plants 24/7, after all.
Reward: People get a goddamn job (that will likely be skewed towards cool space stuff)

[ ] Recruitment Drive: Uribatake
DC: 50/90
Umm, Captain? Why is the Chief Engineer running around trying to find kids that took shop and science classes? His face is scaring the little ones!
Reward: Uribatake cherry picks the brighter kids and the ones good with their hands to try and set up his own construction crew.

Learning-
[ ] What Does This Button Do?
Fokker isn't wrong, we do need to figure out more about this ship. A lot of the terminals and data were damaged in the attack, so we're a bit blind here. If I have the time I can sift through data and poke my nose around, see if I find anything cool.
Reward: Additional information about the Macross.

[ ] But What If They Weren't Fancy Coffins?
I gotta admit, I had some fun playing around with making the new Scopedogs. It's a lot easier than working on full-sized mobile suits, that's for sure. Not as satisfying, but it does scratch a bit of an itch. I wouldn't mind getting to play around with more of those Armored Troopers.
Reward: Begin researching [Armored Trooper Technology]

[ ] Wait, Are Those New Mobile Suits?! 2
DC: 80
I'm just scratching the surface of Robotechnology! Let me back in there, and I'm sure I can figure something else out!
Reward: Continue researching [Variable Fighter Technology]

[ ] Jump! Jump!
Man, can you believe it? The ship can just fuck-off to anywhere by teleporting through other dimensions! You gotta give me more time to study this Fold Quartz stuff. Who knows what we could learn from studying this superdimensional space?
Reward: Continue researching [Fold Technology]

[ ] Bug Stuff
Uhh, this ain't really my thing, but I figure between me and Dr. Mass we might be able to figure out some stuff thanks to the bits and pieces the Spacers went out to grab, after the fight. Pretty gross though.
Reward: Investigate the remains of the Pursuer

Intrigue-
[ ] Security Sweep
You're pretty curious as to how many actual soldiers survived, among other things. If the kids would be so kind as to sneak around and take a look for any potential infiltrators or spies, that'd be great.
Reward: Snoopin' on possible spies and troublemakers!

[ ] Security Sweep: Defense Edition
DC: 50
You now have the ability to return to Earth. Knowing how fucked up people can be though, you should probably make preparations to ensure things don't immediately go sideways. You can set-up emergency defenses, system locks, and so on to prevent any outsiders from easily getting access.
Reward: Tighten up the ship's internal defenses.

Spirit-
[ ] I'm An Adult!
You are a proper lady, and can help out with just about anything!
Reward: Add your SPIRIT to the result of any roll, once per Turn. Choose which option to add it to in a sub-vote.

Glad to see this is back. I will post my plan once I get home.

Avoiding Double Posting....

Okay, plan time.

Martial:

Bog standard make pilots better. Always a worthwhile investment.

[ ] They're Still Fancy Coffins

A low DC, but low reward to be honest. Love me some Scopedogs, but they blow up more often than Leos.

[ ] Bigger Boom

Ad-hoc anything is dangerous, but it might be worth it.

[ ] Biggest Boom

Meanwhile, we have the biggest reward. But also the highest DC.

Diplomacy:

Another standard, but worthwhile investment. Trying to re-establish comms gives us news about what's happening. Then again, people with authority contacting us could be a pain.

[ ] Recall

Not a fan of this, yet.

[ ] A New Frontier

Exploring the system maybe worthwhile, despite the pest problem.

[ ] A Different Frontier

Or moving away from the bugs could work too.

Stewardship:

[ ] Zor's Gift

This will always be my priority. Medical capabilities are a must.

[ ] Diplomas

Missing months of lessons... survival situation... some things are just more priority than others.

[ ] It's Just Business

This is probably my second priority in this category. Work for the adults and older teens helps both the survivors and themselves.

[ ] Recruitment Drive: Uribatake

Ahh yes --- good ol' mech series staple Child Labor. Just behind Child Soldiers.

Learning:

Learn what our home away from home can do is kind of important. Is it important than other things? Well, maybe I'm biased.

Low priority. They're good for maintenance at the moment.

Moderate priority at best, but developing Robotechnology is never a bad thing.

[ ] Jump! Jump!

Studying Fold... nice.

[ ] Bug Stuff

Knowing thy enemy and all that jazz. I'd probably side with this at the moment.

Intrigue:

[ ] Security Sweep

Kinda important, but now as much as the option below.

Countermeasures against intrusion both physical and digital! As an IT specialist, I approve.

[X] Plan: Bettering Our Situation
- [X] Biggest Boom
-- [X] I'm An Adult!
- [X] A New Frontier
- [X] Zor's Gift
- [X] It's Just Business
- [X] Bug Stuff

Basic gist of the plan is improving our defense, manufacturing capability, getting medical up, and knowing our enemy. Giving getting the big guns operational a SPIRIT Boost.

Last edited:
Turn 4: Results
It's Just Business

DC35/70: 100 = NAT 100

Critical Success

As you stood in roughly the middle of the Macross's 'torso' section, you had the distinct feeling that people were fucking with you. How else could a literal *fucking* town have popped up inside your space battleship, let alone one built primarily by *children*?! It didn't feel that long since the survivors of Macross Island had been recovered, and shuffled off into empty storage rooms and halls full of blankets and other supplies to live. Now this wide open area was stuff full of small buildings, complete with a Japanese-style neighborhood shopping center. Miss Minmay was looking rather sheepish as you stared up at her, letting out an awkward laugh.

"Well, you see, it started off with some of the other teenagers just wanting to bring little bits of Earth around to cheer up the smaller children since you were pretty busy with fixing up the ship in general and getting medical running to do it. Then they figured out how to use the excess production from the hot labs to produce wood and stuff, and there were tons of nails and sealant and . . . well, next thing you know we have people trying to compete with each other to make the coolest buildings, and then Arumi and Sasshi just . . . gathered up a whole army and built a copy of the shopping center they used to live in back East."

You let the young woman sweat as you toured the completed area, seeing that rather than a Lord of the Flies situation, everything was sort-of working out like a near utopia. A child of a Britannian nobleman opened up a restaurant with a pair of girls from Area 3 for crying out loud! There was a SEAMSTRESS! And a SPA! Hell, you'd heard earlier that Uribatake had been trying to poach some of the smarter and more dexterous kids for some project, but apparently he'd annoyed them into banding together and building a *fucking factory* on the edge of town! They were already working on using the Macross' technology and their own unusual levels of skill to hand-build missile launchers to start replacing the ones that had been damaged in the Macross Island Incident, after the Pursuer scared everyone by closing in. You were gonna have to keep an eye on the blue-haired girl from Area 11 who had whipped these kids into shape and was running the factory with an iron fist, she was going places.

You did have to bring the hammer down on a kid that decided to make a soapland, not understanding that it was not the proper name for a laundromat, but overall you really couldn't have done better yourself. Besides, with the kids now more self-sufficient that meant you could enjoy Miss Minmay's food more often. The girl was quickly turning into a genius with a wok!

Results: Somehow, someway, the children not only managed to scrape together a better living situation, they straight-up made their own version of canon's original city inside the Macross. It has been named Macross City, obviously. Morale is at maximum, and will be that way for a while, averting any Lord of the Flies situations. Not only that, but a girl named Kaname Chidori poached the best and brightest kids Uribatake was trying to recruit and made a whole-ass factory crew. Uribatake is a little miffed, but the Macross is now capable of making and processing things to a limited extent.

Biggest Boom

DC75: 59 +6 Martial +2 Robotechnology Research + 15 Ruri Help and Macross Knowledge = 82

Success

With the ship weirdly free of distractions and problems for the time being, you had plenty of opportunities to assist with trying to improve the Macross' defensive capabilities. You and Uribatake both agreed that the easiest and fastest way to do so would be to start replacing all those damaged missile and anti-ship missile launchers, to take advantage of pre-existing machinery and your absolute surplus of missiles. It took a bit to decide on viable designs, but eventually you for the first 12-tube missile launcher repaired and running.

Then Macross City happened, and Kaname and her kids showed up with a proper anti-ship missile launcher for your heavy ordinance. So of course Uribatake took it as a challenge, and now repairs were ahead of schedule. By the end of the month, you realized that the SDF-1 Macross was quickly improving to the point that it would've been a serious threat in the One Year War, especially with your unique access to it's systems. Oh wait, you have a giant death laser, it already would've been a major threat if someone had figured out how to use it. There goes your blood pressure again . . .

Results: The Macross now has access to standard and anti-ship missiles in combat. Eventually the ship will actually be completely repaired, even improved, at this rate.

Zor's Gift

DC65: 19 +Why bother with that low a roll?

Failure

Alas, something had to fall through the cracks, and in this case it was the medical technology. The remaining long-haulers were actually quite comfortable, and were prioritizing food over anything else, so Sayla ended up in the greenhouses a lot and roped into helping set up Macross City. Likewise, you were helping out the old mecha otaku too much to really help out in the medbay, and when you were available Dr. Mass wasn't. Oh well, at least nobody is in dire need of medical aid at the moment, and the awake patients were pretty jazzed about seeing everything that was accomplished!

Results: Womp womp

Bug Stuff & A New Frontier

DC60: 49 +6 Learning +5 Fold Science = 60

DC???: 32 +5 Diplomacy +5 Sensors = 42

Bare Success

It was once again time for another meeting of the senior staff, though things were quite different this time around. On some new fancy screens you'd managed to rig up, you had multiple views of the quarantine lab you'd set-up with Uribatake and Dr. Mass's help shortly after the bug attack, inside of which were the Pursuer's remains. Several pieces of carapace with varying levels of damage, a leg that'd be shot off by Lieutenant Fokker, and most concerningly . . . a pile of acid green *Fold Quartz*.

"I wish I could give more information," Dr. Mass began, pointing to the screens. "But to be honest, most of what we've managed to learn are things we already assumed. Heavy armor that doesn't react well with concentrated heat like from the lasers, but is exceptionally resistant to direct impacts. Clearly the alien bug we've designated as a Pursuer evolved to be primarily a spaceborne lifeform, capable of fending off micrometeorite impacts, but not doing well if it goes through the atmosphere of planets at speed, or gets too close to stars. We don't have any idea about what it eats, but . . ."

You nodded at that point. "It might not even need to, considering that it's insides were full of that weird-colored Fold Quartz. From the readings we got earlier, and some testing we did on some of it, the green stuff has funny interactions with . . . well, everything. Pumping energy through it throws off mild radiation, radio waves, light, and more. We also know why it can follow us with a space fold, obviously."

"With the weird shape of it's mouth, and that big build-up of energy it did before, I'm thinkin' the Pursuer really does have some kinda biological mega beam cannon!" Uribatake throws in next, a look of excitement on his face as she stands up to gesture wildly at footage of the end of it's attack. "See?! I'm thinking it literally sucks in energy through space folding *backwards* somehow, and then once it's prepared it just goes: FWOOOSH! I don't know if our big gun works like that, but it's worth looking into. Heck, maybe we can make our own Robotechnology mobile armor one day, with a . . . a . . . Super-Dimensional Beam Cannon!"

Claudia stood up at that point, as you calmly threw a clipboard at the older man to shut him up, swapping the screens to the local system.

"Ignoring that horrific nightmare fuel, we've got reports back from the pilots on the state of the system we found ourselves in, which we're currently calling Muspelheim after a vote taken from some of the older kids, for reasons that will become evident shortly."

Adjusting the view on the screen, it zoomed in to focus on the system's star.

"As you can see, the star is the same type as our own, a yellow dwarf. While that could've been something nice for us, unfortunately the planets here ended up being sub-optimal." The screen zoomed out to show two medium-sized planets, and a small planetoid. "As you can see, the first planet M-01 is . . . well, a lava-covered hellscape if you'll forgive my bluntness. Something nudged it out of orbit and it's slowly spiraling in closer to the sun, and at this point it's close enough that nothing could hope to survive. I wouldn't be surprised if the planet completely broke up in the near future with how close it's gotten to the star."

"M-02, while not as bad as M-01, is still too close to the sun and has no atmosphere. It's essentially a big hot rock at this point, probably a bit too dangerous to do anything with. M-03, the small one, is actually *past* the goldilocks zone and also a rocky world missing an atmosphere. The ship's sensors have picked up some signs of basic metals from it, but not much else. If we plan on sticking around for any length of time, it might be worth it to give mining it a shot, but honestly I don't see it being worth the time or effort. If we're not immediately heading back to Earth for fear of leading more bugs there, I'd much rather head out and find a new system to check out. If we could find a habitable planet, I'm sure we could swing things to keep the Federation and Zeon off our backs since we'd be the only way to get there and back and make use of it's resources."

That . . . was actually a pretty interesting idea, and most of the others were thinking about it now. The idea of using an alien battleship as a taxi/ark was pretty amusing actually, and you were sure at the very least some spacenoids would be willing to try and settle a new world away from the Feds. Heck, several of the Areas would give everything they have to get away from them. It was something to think about, even if it did stink of politics in your future.

"Alright. No big news is better than bad news, at least. So far we haven't detected any more bugs folding into the system. I don't think that this necessarily means we're safe though, since if one bug found us from god only knows how far away, others just might as well . . ."

The meeting ended with minor squabbling over what to do next, and how to prepare for another Pursuer showing up.

AN: ??? = 1 . . . Huh. Imagine that. A good 100, and a good 1.

Guess we're going straight to the next turn, without any surprises or extra interludes. *Sadly puts away the space bugs* At least other plots are going interesting.

Turn 5 - It's Awfully Quiet Around Here
You currently have 6 AP, please choose 6 options.

Martial-
DC: 45
The pilots have survived their first sortie, but Roy was the only one who managed to smoothly make use of his mech's transformation to good effect. Knowing how to use it is one thing, but knowing *when* to use it is another. Time for a special training menu focusing on those transformations, and improving small-unit tactics.
Reward: More training for Skull Squadron, mostly to bring the weaker members closer to the real Aces levels.

[ ] They're Still Fancy Coffins v2
Okay, no offense to Uribatake, but Armored Troopers are still basically just fancy coffins even with those nice upgrades. If we do get into combat, the kids are gonna wanna sortie in them and protect their friends. I propose we give the best of the best some heavy training so they don't get themselves all killed if that does happen. We also realized that those bugs were going straight for the Macross, and might be trying to actually get *inside*. The perk of a ship this size means we can have kids trained to use Scopedogs as a fast reaction patrol squad for interior defense for most of the ship. I'd still prefer to have adults doing this, but we just don't have the numbers.
Reward: Your mob of Scopedogs get actual training, now diversified!

[ ] Bigger Boom v2
DC: 50/80
Okay, we got missiles goin' now, but that necessitates the Macross being in range. I still think we can jury-rig some hand-held launchers to make use of them from further afield, though I've got some other thoughts . . .
Reward: Create ad-hoc anti-ship missile launchers for the Variable Fighters. Or something else.

[ ] Lasers Are Pretty Cool
That Pursuer's armor didn't seem so useful against the ship's energy weapons, so why don't we see if we can make a gunpod version of those point defense lasers? Both the factory kid and Uribatake were thinking it might be viable.
Reward: Arm the Valkyries with energy-based gunpods.

Diplomacy-
DC: Variable, but an assured success at minimum
Okay, we got the comms up and running, so whenever you want to phone home we can make it happen. It's just a matter of getting the right frequency.
Reward: Re-establish communications with the solar system. And possibly more.

[ ] Recall
Now that we have the Fold System back online, we can finally return to Earth. It's been long enough that hopefully any Zeon forces have left the area. (Note: This IMMEDIATELY returns to Earth, re-establishing contact with the locals. The good ones, and the bad ones. Removes On The Other Hand as an option.)
Reward: ???

[ ] A Different Frontier
On the other hand, if one bug found us here, others might follow. It might be a smart idea to initiate a controlled Space Fold again, and aim ourselves somewhere away this system and the last one. I think I can put us somewhere far enough away that we can buy some time if the bugs are still looking for us?
Reward: Find a new system, hopefully far away from the ??? insectoid faction.

Stewardship-
[ ] Zor's Gift
DC: 65 (DC Reduced due to earlier alien tech successes/Previous Attempt)
While we were working together Ruri, I noticed that some of the alien machines would respond to you accessing the consoles. I think we should make use of that ability of yours to see if we can figure out how some of these devices work. Who knows? We might find something that can cure cancer, or make new organs wholesale!
Reward: Fully unlock the Infirmary's alien equipment.

[ ] Diplomas
DC: 30/70 (Discounted due to workplace education?)
With all these children running around, it's vital that we re-establish a school system to continue their education. They've already missed months of learning, which could have a serious effect on their future. If some of the older teens volunteer to act as tutors and teachers, we can make this happen.
Reward: People get a goddamn education (that will likely be skewed towards cool space stuff)

[ ] Mining, In Space!
DC: 30/50/70
If we're going to stick around here, we might as well see if we can get something out of this empty system. M-03 is just sitting there, and Uribatake said it wouldn't take long to rig up some methods to start mining out that planet.
Reward: Resources, primarily minerals. Possible chance of rare earth minerals?

Learning-
Fokker isn't wrong, we do need to figure out more about this ship. A lot of the terminals and data were damaged in the attack, so we're a bit blind here. If I have the time I can sift through data and poke my nose around, see if I find anything cool.
Reward: Additional information about the Macross.

I gotta admit, I had some fun playing around with making the new Scopedogs. It's a lot easier than working on full-sized mobile suits, that's for sure. Not as satisfying, but it does scratch a bit of an itch. I wouldn't mind getting to play around with more of those Armored Troopers.
Reward: Begin researching [Armored Trooper Technology]

DC: 80
I'm just scratching the surface of Robotechnology! Let me back in there, and I'm sure I can figure something else out!
Reward: Continue researching [Variable Fighter Technology]

[ ] Jump! Jump!
Man, can you believe it? The ship can just fuck-off to anywhere by teleporting through other dimensions! You gotta give me more time to study this Fold Quartz stuff. Who knows what we could learn from studying this superdimensional space?
Reward: Continue researching [Fold Technology]

Intrigue-
[ ] Security Sweep
You're pretty curious as to how many actual soldiers survived, among other things. If the kids would be so kind as to sneak around and take a look for any potential infiltrators or spies, that'd be great.
Reward: Snoopin' on possible spies and troublemakers!

DC: 50
You now have the ability to return to Earth. Knowing how fucked up people can be though, you should probably make preparations to ensure things don't immediately go sideways. You can set-up emergency defenses, system locks, and so on to prevent any outsiders from easily getting access.
Reward: Tighten up the ship's internal defenses.

[ ] Plan For The Worst
DC: ??? (Likely Difficult)
You were caught off-guard by that Pursuer last time, but between the repaired sensor suite and samples of the green Fold Quartz, you think you might be able to do something about that. It's time to look into those samples and see if you can tune the SDF-1's sensors to try and essentially predict incoming space folds earlier. You don't think it'd work for general use, but it might be viable for *just* the bug space folding.
Reward: Better warning for incoming bugs, hopefully.

Spirit-
[ ] I'm An Adult!
You are a proper lady, and can help out with just about anything!
Reward: Add your SPIRIT to the result of any roll, once per Turn. Choose which option to add it to in a sub-vote.

[X] Plan: Preparations are vital
-[X] Lesson 2: The Robot is Also Half a Plane
-[X] They're Still Fancy Coffins v2
-[X] Houston, We Have So Many MORE Problems
-[X] Zor's Gift
-[X] What Does This Button Do?
-[X] Security Sweep

Last edited:
Kingster, I should point out that you put 7 options, not 6.

Welcome back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back