• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tanya’s Hogwarts Adventures (Youjo Senki, Harry Potter)

I can see your viewpoint I just don't agree with it, historically many of the most famous/successful scientiests and mathmaticians have all come from backgrounds rather simiar, this is obviously due to having more time to devote to such things when they didn't need to devote most of their day just putting food on the table. Having said that, those are the sorts of people these trust fund babies have to live up to, even the minimum acceptable level of education/grades. You offten see are much more demanding than just about anyone else same with doctors kids and other such high paying professions.

If they were ALL politicians kids though... you may have a point even I wouldn't be able to refute... though the math for that just doesn't pan out for that to be the case... too many chiefs not enough indians sort of situation.

Many Slytherins are likely just trying to live up to their lineage, which is going to be a tall order for many of them in itself seeing that many seem to have generations of ancestors to memorize/emmulate.

Last edited:
Those succesful scientists were such a statistical anomaly that they can be safely ignored when taking a look into average upper class twit.

Those succesful scientists were such a statistical anomaly that they can be safely ignored when taking a look into average upper class twit.
Not really. Through out most of human history genuine upper class twits tended to rare, or at the very least reserved for sons not expected to inherit. Mainly, they tended to come from time periods when the upper classes were not only successfully isolated from the concerns of their lessers, but also divorced from real world responsibility. Something that very often ended in said upper class twits being overthrown. Something that's generally frowned upon these days.

I do have to agree with your assesment, it would be interesting if that impression is only due to the year group Harry was in.
To honest, I can't help but wonder if its combination of the after effects of Voldemort radicalizing Slytherin even further, along side of the reduced population from the first war, and Snape basically coddling them. Slytherin under Slughorn seemed significantly healthier, and much more in line with the desired traits of ambition and cunning.

Last edited:
A handshake with you, what's your point of view?
Harry Potter

As the school year continued along, Hermione started to get more energetic and muttered to herself out loud, as though something was starting to eat at her. At the same time, the number of assignments the teachers handed out increased as well. It was with about ten weeks left in the school year and two weeks till the Easter Holidays that someone finally asked what was wrong.

"Granger, what is with that incessant muttering?" Unfortunately, it was Malfoy who was the one to broach the topic. Since joining the study group and being folded into the 'friend group', Harry could say that Malfoy wasn't too bad. He was just big headed and a loudmouth.

"The final exams are coming up. We need to pass them in order to get to second year," Hermione said nervously, apparently working on some sort of study schedule while Tanya rolled her eyes. Crabbe, Goyle, and Lily still got private tutoring sessions with Tanya, but there were also times that the four of them rejoined the main study group, like today.

"Hermione, what are we currently doing?" Tanya asked.

"Uh, studying?" Hermione asked, looking at Tanya nervously. Harry smirked along with Ron and Malfoy while others snickered at what was about to come.

Tanya had a wicked habit of pointing out how stupid someone was being with very pointed questions or very sarcastic remarks and actions. Never directly calling them foolish, but making her opinion very clear.

"And what are we studying for?"

"Charms?"

"Hmm? Really? I thought we were studying to pass our classes and to not bring shame on our House with failing marks, but if you say we are studying for Charms… I guess we should make sure our Charms are up to stuff." With a flick of her wand, Tanya sent a gust of air to mess up Hermione's already incredibly bushy hair.

Red faced from embarrassment, Hermione focused on Tanya. "Fine. Locomotor Wibbly."

Tanya managed to jump out of the way of the spell, causing Lavender to be hit instead.

"I'm sorry," Hermione started to apologize to Lavender, only to get a spell shot at her that she barely ducked under. From there, the spells began flying fast and loose, laughter erupting as they fought each other.

—-

Even with Hermione being reminded that they had been studying all year to do well on the finals, the work the teachers had assigned found them all in the library during the Easter Holidays. Something they were all grouchy about as they broke up into smaller groups and caught sight of the beautiful blue sky outside the window, nary a cloud to be seen.

Harry tried to stay focused on the work, looking up 'dittany' in 'One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi' to double check he had the right answer, when Ron groaned out loud.

"Hagrid, what are you doing here?" Ron asked, causing Harry to look up to see the large man sheepishly hide something behind his back.

"Jus' lookin'," he said, in a shifty voice that got their interest at once. "An' what're you lot up ter?"

"Studying," Ron groused, tossing his quill down.

Hagrid chuckled at Ron's antics before leaning in to whisper conspiratorially. Though Harry thought the large man in the mole skin coat looked less like a conspirator and more like a mountain attempting to be a hill.

"How about later you take a break and come visit me?"

"Would about an hour be acceptable?" Tanya asked, having been paying attention without lifting her eyes from her work.

"Yeah. That'll be good."

Tanya looked up with a smile that put the hairs on Harry's arms on end as she looked at Ron. "Then, so long as Ron finishes the assignment he is currently working on, we would be happy to join you."

Ron groaned, dropping his head into an open book. "I'm almost done," he complained.

"And you are the one at this table not finished with that essay. The rest of us have moved onto the next assignments."

Hagrid chuckled and patted Ron on the shoulder. "I'm sure you're doing fine, lad."

"What was he hiding behind his back?" Hermione idly asked.

"Whatever it was, he clearly was embarrassed about it," Tanya said in a very firm voice, looking at Hermione while all of Harry's hair stood on edge and tingled. "It might be very personal and you should not pry."

Harry felt Tanya was thinking of something very specific, but he couldn't even begin to guess.

"Uh, right," Ron said, swallowing thickly. "What did you guys put as a Class XXXX dangerous beast?"

Harry was thankful for the change in topic as they began discussing the assignment Ron had been working on.

Soon enough Ron finished his assignment and they packed up and headed down to Hagrid's hut. They were surprised to see smoke rising steadily from the chimney and the curtains pulled shut. Hagrid called, "Who is it?" before pulling the four in quickly, shutting the door firmly behind him.

It was stifling inside, with a blazing fire going. Hagrid made some tea and offered some stoat sandwiches which only Tanya accepted.

"Are you feeling alright?" Tanya asked, looking at the little area of Hagrid's face not covered in hair. "Chills? Fever?"

"What? No no. I'm fine," Hagrid said with a grin and a wave of his hand.

"Do you mind if we open a window then? It is a bit warm in here."

"I, uh, can't let you do that," Hagrid said. Harry caught him glancing at the fire.

"What's that?" Harry asked as he spotted something under the cauldron.

"That, err, well…"

"Blimey!" Ron shouted at noticing what Harry saw. "Hagrid, where did you get that? It must of cost a fortune."

"Won it," said Hagrid. "Las' night. I was down in the village havin' a few drinks an' got into a game o' cards with a stranger. Think he was quite glad ter get rid of it, ter be honest."

"What is it?" Hermione asked as she and Tanya took a few steps closer to get a better look.

"A dragon's egg," Ron answered before turning to Hagrid with an accusatory look. "Isn't this illegal? I thought dragon breeding was outlawed by the Warlocks' Convention of 1709."

"Well, err, yeah. I suppose," Hagrid looked a bit sheepish. "But I've always wanted a dragon."

Harry felt the hairs on the back of his neck tingle slightly.

"I'm sure you have informed the Headmaster of your winnings then. It would be difficult to hide a dragon long term in this hut after all," Tanya said before daintily taking a sip of tea. "And I'm sure he could find a way to allow you to keep the dragon under some sort of educational thing."

"Err, well, no. Not yet that is, but I, uh, suppose I could go shortly," Hagrid seemed incredibly uncomfortable under Tanya's steady gaze.

"Hmm? Well, none of us are busy. We can go with you to try and convince him of how it could be a valuable educational experience for us." Tanya set her cup down and Harry knew the discussion was over.

"Well, I would hate to bother the Headmaster, he is a very busy man, you see."

"Nonsense," Tanya said, stepping to the door and opening it before returning her gaze to Hagrid, fixing her cold gaze on the far larger man.

Harry might have laughed at Hagrid being cowed by the smallest girl in their year, but the memory of the troll came unbidden to his mind and he remembered that despite everything, Tanya was also the most dangerous person in their year.

"The Headmaster has always made time for me. I'm sure he'll make time for you."

With no further argument, Hagrid meekly shuffled out of the hut and began the trek up to the castle with the four first years in tow.

It was not long before they were at the gargoyle statue, Harry and Hermione having tried to bolster Hagrid's confidence while Tanya stayed steadfastly silent and Ron chipping in occasionally.

"We are here to discuss a matter with the Headmaster," Tanya told the statue.

"Fizzing wizzbees," Hagrid said, causing the statue to move aside right away, rather than the wait Harry was expecting. Hagrid didn't look at Tanya's curious gaze. "Might as well get it over with," He muttered.

The five headed up the stairs and Hagrid knocked on the solid door.

"Come in," Dumbledore called out through the door.

"Hagrid," Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eyes before looking over the students above his half moon glasses. "To what do I owe the honor?"

"Well, you see, I uh," Hagrid started nervously.

"Mr. Hagrid found and acquired a potentially highly educational opportunity for the school, but there are a couple of issues he needs to address with you before this opportunity can be utilized to its fullest."

"Oh, and what opportunity might that be?" Dumbledore asked smiling at the Not a Lie Tanya said.

"Yes, well, I uh got. You see, I was," Hagrid was clearly very nervous about the situation.

"He informed us that through certain confidential contacts, during his time off work last night he came into possession of a dragon's egg. Safely liberating it from a possible dragon breeding program."

"A dragon's egg you say?" Dumbledore's eyes widened at that, seemingly surprised.

"Uh, yes. A Norwegian Ridgeback if I identified the egg rightly," Hagrid said.

"Hmm, interesting." Dumbledore steepled his fingers in front of himself. "And what precisely are the educational opportunities you were thinking of?"

"How often would we get to see a dragon hatching?" Ron asked excitedly before Hermione grabbed his arm and whispered something in his ear.

"Hmm, I suppose that would be a rather unique situation, though I would need to know what we will be doing with the dragon after it hatches."

"Care of magical creatures is an elective course. I would imagine the students could learn a lot helping care for a newly hatched dragon," Tanya suggested.

"Charlie would have loved it if he was still here," Ron added.

"I suppose he would. If I remember correctly, your brother moved to Romania to help raise dragons." Dumbledore stroked his beard. "I will have to bring this to the Board of Governors, unfortunately, as a few of the laws are tying my hands from simply approving anything on this matter, but I will try to get this through."

Harry, Ron, and Hermione cheered while Tanya smuggly folded her arms and Hagrid wept in joy.

"Oh, and Rubeus, we will need to have a discussion later about your duties and free time and how they intersect later," Dumbledore added on after the excitement died down.

"Yes sir," Hagrid said, still grinning like… Harry was about to compare Hagrid to a school girl, but the only girl Harry knew that compared was Lily. So Hagrid was grinning like Lily?

Harry chose not to think too hard on that as they started leaving the Headmaster's office.

"Ron, you said that dragon breeding was outlawed in what?" Tanya asked.

"The Warlocks' Convention of 1709?" Ron said, uncertain. "Everyone knows that."

"Not everyone would remember the year so readily," Tanya said. "Good job. Keep that head for dates and you should do well on the history exams."

"Huh?" Ron stopped for a moment, confused, before rushing to catch back up.

—-

Lucius Malfoy

Swirling his glass, Lucius watched as the deeply golden liquid moved in the tumbler before bringing the glass up to his nose and taking in the bouquet. Fire, burning flesh, and salt. A lovely vintage made decades ago along the northern coast of Scotland. Taking a sip, Lucius allowed the liquid to linger on his tongue for a moment before swallowing to savor the flavor. While the acid flavors of the flame were present on the taste, there was also dark fruit, somewhere between a dark cherry and a plum, along with a meatiness. Somewhat akin to the crust of a steak cooked over a hot wooden fire and served with a dark sauce.

Lucius's contemplation of the whisky was interrupted with the arrival of an owl. A rather standard specimen, so not one of his wealthy acquaintances. Plucking the letter from the owl, Lucius waved the bird to the stand near the window of his office. The letterhead confirmed that the letter was from Hogwarts, though whether his son had done something foolish enough to warrant Dumbledore's personal involvement or this had to do with his position as head of the Board of Governors was left unsaid currently.

Reaching into the drawer of his desk, Lucius pulled out his letter opener, a silver knife with a deep green emerald carefully placed at the pommel, and sliced open the envelope before reading the message.

Lucius carefully placed the opener down and picked his glass back up and gave the spirit inside another swirl before taking an idle sip. It would appear Dumbledore had come across an interesting item and desired to utilize it for educational purposes. That he was coming to the Board of Governors for approval meant that there were legal barriers in his way. Lucius smirked to himself before draining his glass. While it might only be a mild benefit, the fact Dumbledore was asking at all meant Lucius could score some political points.

"Dobby!" Lucius called out, hearing a pop nearby announcing the house elf's arrival. "Inform Narcissa I have some business at Hogwarts to take care of and may be a little late for dinner."

"Yes Master!" Dobby responded before popping away.

Lucius grabbed his cane and put on his traveling robes before stepping outside his manor doors and apparating to Hogsmeade near the gates to Hogwarts' grounds. Stepping past the gates, he strolled up to the castle and made his way through the school to the gargoyle blocking the path to the Headmaster's office. Lucius likely could have just Flooed to the office, but the method lacked dignity, having to stoop into a dirty fireplace.

"Lucius Malfoy here to see Dumbledore on school business," Lucius told the statue, only having to wait a moment before the thing got out of his way and allowed him to enter the office where several other members of the Board of Governors were already waiting. "What is this opportunity that you found, Dumbledore?"

"Ah, Lucius! So good of you to arrive," Dumbledore said with a smile before picking up his candy bowl. "Chocolate covered coffee bean? A particular student put me onto these and they are rather energizing. Quite exceptional."

Lucius waved the offer away. "I would rather not. Your letter pulled me away from preparing for dinner with my wife. I do find it rather distasteful to keep Narcissa waiting."

Dumbledore chuckled as he set the bowl down. "Of course, of course." Dumbledore looked into Lucius's eyes with a degree of seriousness. "A student, a Ms. Degurechaff, brought to my attention earlier today that a member of staff had acquired a dragon's egg and suggested that the hatching and raising of a dragon could be a rather interesting learning opportunity for the Care of Magical Creatures class."

'Ms. Degurechaff was involved and wanted this?' Lucius thought to himself for a moment. That could mean a few different things. Including that she was simply a child excited at the opportunity to see a dragon up to her wishing to utilize dragons in her future plans of conquest. Lucius thought quickly before smirking. "She is right of course, but such an endeavor would be dangerous. Especially when it first hatches. Too many people nearby could either put the dragon or the students in harms way."

"I had already put some thought into that matter. Silvanus as the Care of Magical Creatures professor will, of course, be there, as will the staff member that got the egg. I was thinking of allowing five students at most to be there for the hatching, though it seems only fair that Ms. Degurechaff and her three friends that came with her to report the egg be among those five."

Lucius narrowed his eyes as he saw through the rather obvious ploy Dumbledore was pulling.

"Now, officially, the only fair way to choose that final student would be something akin to pulling names out of a hat."

"And unofficially?"

"Oh, I'm sure no one needs to know how many names were in the hat should the Head of the Board of Governors desire to favor a particular student in getting the opportunity."

Lucius looked at the other Board Members briefly as he thought about it. The Members of the Board were firmly in his pocket, so they would say nothing. This was an interesting opportunity to further tie the Malfoys in with Degurechaff should she prove to be the Dark Lady he thought she was to be. And, really, if Lucius was honest to himself, the biggest reason was thinking how excited he would have been as a child to get to see a dragon be born. It was an opportunity that even money was unlikely to purchase.

"I am sure my son would look forward to a chance at getting to see a dragon hatching," Lucius said, returning Dumbledore's gaze.

"Wonderful." Dumbledore clapped his hands together. "In that case, I do believe this meeting is done. I have some paperwork to fill out and a few things to arrange. I'll owl the paperwork for your approval once everything is in place."

Lucius nodded and turned on the spot to leave.

—-

Harry Potter

The first morning after the end of Easter Holidays, Dumbledore stood up to make an announcement.

"Thanks to a member of staff and four students, a unique opportunity has arrived at these fine halls. The Care of Magical Creatures classes will be spending the rest of the year focusing on dragon husbandry. As only a few of you are in that, this announcement would ordinarily not affect you, however I am sure nearly all of you would be most interested in seeing a dragon being hatched."

A murmur swept through the hall at the excitement of there being a chance to see a dragon, a real life dragon, being hatched.

"Hagrid is going to be so excited to find out," Ron whispered.

"I'm sure he, as a member of staff, has already been informed," Tanya said, though she also looked a bit more excited than normal.

"Now, we can only safely allow five students to be present for the hatching. The first four of those slots will go to Misters Potter and Weasley and Misses Granger and Degurechaff for rightfully bringing the dragon egg to my attention. Furthermore, ten points each for appropriate actions for the school."

Harry could feel the eyes of most of the school turn towards him. He nervously smiled, but was pleased that the Gryffindor table seemed mostly happy that the four first years managed to earn a few points, pushing Gryffindor up in the House Cup.

"Now, there are a lot of you who would clearly love to go see the hatching too, and there seems to be only one way to fairly choose," Dumbledore said before pulling out a bright pink hat covered in silver mushrooms. "Blind luck!" Dumbledore shoved his hand into the hat and began moving, grabbing around before pulling out a slip of paper. "And the lucky student is… Draco Malfoy!"

Harry looked over to Draco and saw he looked a bit surprised at the announcement before relaxing his face as he accepted the polite applause of his fellow Slytherins while a lot of the other students around the hall groaned at having an opportunity they didn't know about just a couple minutes ago pass them by.

After a moment to allow the students to calm down, Dumbledore continued his announcements, "Now, as we will be having a dragon on school grounds, some safety precautions will have to be put into place. Firstly, a dragon enclosure is going to be built. Unless accompanied by an approved staff member, such as a Head of House, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, or the Groundskeeper, students will not be allowed to approach the dragon enclosure once the dragon hatches. Should any student be bit by the dragon, they are to immediately report to the Hospital Wing for care. Lastly, the meeting location for Care of Magical Creatures will be relocated closer to the Groundskeeper Hut as nearby the Hut is where the Dragon enclosure will be built."

With his announcements out of the way, Dumbledore took his seat and the excited chatter began again, along with those near Harry and his friends asking questions on how they found out about the dragon's egg.

The following week, about the only thing anyone could talk about was the dragon. Excitement buzzed as everyone speculated what kind of dragon it might be, discussed the differences between different dragons, and whether they might get a chance to ride it.

The last one was shot down quickly whenever a member of staff heard it as being too dangerous.

After nearly a week of anticipation, Professor McGonagall stopped by where Harry and his friends were eating breakfast with a kind expression and handed them passes. "You four are excused from classes today, though makeup work will be assigned to you. In the meantime, it is hatching. Hagrid will be waiting for you. Oh, and do bring your gloves."

Harry and Ron began eating faster to hurry up and get down to Hagrid's hut. Looking over at the Slytherin table, Harry saw Draco was also eating faster. Hermione ate a few more bites and Harry could not see any difference in Tanya's eating pace, despite the speed the food disappeared off her plate. Soon, they all got up and headed to their dorms to grab their gloves.

Ron and Hermione were excitedly chattering about the dragon birth. Ron was excited at getting to see one at all and Hermione was curious about how it was going to happen. Even Tanya had an excited energy about her. Draco was already at the hut with his gloves when they got there, looking uncomfortable, even as he smiled.

"Hello Draco, excited to see a dragon born?" Tanya asked.

"Of course," Draco said with his head held high.

Tanya stepped by Draco and knocked on the door firmly.

"Comin'!" Hagrid called from inside the hut. The door opened up and the five of them entered the hut. Professor Kettleburn, a worn man with wooden hands and legs and a bandage covering an eye and half his face, was already sitting at the table with a steaming cup of tea, the dragon egg sitting in the middle of the table on an old towel.

"So you're the ones that get to see this," Kettleburn said, his scarred face grinning before turning back to the scratching sounds coming from the egg. "Well gather round and get comfortable, this may take a bit."

They gathered around the egg, still radiating heat, and Harry was glad that the windows were open and they didn't have to hide the egg from prying eyes.

"How long does it take for a dragon to hatch?" Draco asked as the egg wobbled in place.

Kettleburn stroked his chin in thought. "About a month from being laid I believe."

"I was readin' up on it an' the Chinese Fireball is usually the quickest at a week," Hagrid said as he busied himself making tea for everyone.

"I meant, how long are we supposed to wait now?" Draco said.

"Oh that?" Kettleburn asked with a chuckle. "Couldn't say. This is my first time seeing a dragon hatching. Couldn't tell you how far along it is in breaking out now. I would guess a few hours. Don't chickens take about three?"

Hagrid shook his head. "Nah. They take 'bout seven usually once yeh start seeing the cracks." Hagrid pointed towards one of the cracks in particular on the dragon egg. "These started showing a few hours ago, so it should on'y be a coupa hours."

Harry noticed the excitement seemed to leave Ron and Draco a bit at the mention of waiting hours. Professor Kettleburn must have noticed the disappointment as he got up. "Since we got a bit of time, how about I show you kids the enclosure me and the older students worked on for the dragon as it gets bigger?"

"Yeah!" Ron said excitedly.

"That sounds nice," Tanya said, standing up along with the others as Kettleburn led the group along the edge of the forest till they got to a mound of grass covered stone with a large opening on one side to an opening. Around the opening was a large fenced area including a pair of troughs, a stone bench just inside the fenced area along with another in the overhanged area under the mound. Kettleburn began describing what they had done and some of the other things they included for the dragon, joy on his face as Tanya, Hermione, and Draco paid attention. Harry and Ron were looking around in awe as it sunk in how big the dragon was going to get. The opening was so tall that even Hagrid wouldn't be able to touch the ceiling and the area was larger than the Common Room was. And it was all for just one dragon.

"Blimey, how big is the dragon going to be?" Ron asked out loud.

"Norwegian Ridgebacks can get up to about eight meters depending on gender," Kettleburn said gleefully. "And I'm thinking we are likely to be getting a girl."

"How can you tell?" Hermione asked.

"Well, dragon researchers had noticed an odd trend with dragons. Most animals have a pretty even split of genders unless there is something specific that can cause a discrepancy, and the researchers noticed that depending on how hot the fire the egg was sitting in was, determined the chance of a male being born. The hotter, the more likely you get a boy."

Tanya snorted and muttered something to herself that Harry didn't hear.

"Why is that?" Ron asked.

Kettleburn shrugged. "Couldn't tell ya to be honest. They only figured that out in the past couple of years, so they are still doing research on it."

"Probably efficiency," Tanya said as she wandered over to inspect the stone fence.

"Oh? How so?" Kettleburn asked.

"A single male is much more capable of fertilizing multiple females than a single female being fertilized by multiple males, so to keep the species going it is biologically better to favor a higher female population ratio. To that end, if the egg temperature is what determines gender, then it makes sense to make the temperatures to achieve a male harder to reach. So dragon genders have efficiently created a system to guarantee that there are more females around to keep the species as a whole going."

"Hmm," Kettleburn looked thoughtful for a moment. "I'll have to write to some friends of mine, but that is a good thought. Ever thought about becoming a magizoologist when you grow up?"

Tanya shook her head. "I had not given it much thought. I am not even sure of all the different career prospects I could be looking at within the magical world."

Kettleburn nodded to himself as he placed a hand on Tanya's shoulder. "Well give it some thought. You might like it. At least sign up for Care of Magical Creatures when you get to third year to see if you are interested in the field."

"I will," Tanya said with, to Harry's eyes, a wide smile.

After a bit more looking around, they returned to Hagrid's hut and chatted for a while as cracks began appearing more and more on the egg. Shards broke off the shell and Harry could see the membrane. Tanya and Hermione kept asking questions to Hagrid about how this compares to a chicken egg hatching as a line of broken shell began forming down the egg along with funny clicking noises.

All at once there was a scraping noise and the egg split open. The baby dragon flopped onto the table. It wasn't exactly pretty. Harry thought it looked like a crumpled, black umbrella. It had spiny wings, huge compared to its slim black body. Its snout was long with wide nostrils, head topped with the stubs of horns and it had large, bulging orange eyes.

It sneezed. A couple of sparks flew out of its snout.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Hagrid murmured. He reached out a hand to stroke the dragon's head. It snapped at his fingers, showing pointed fangs.

"Careful there," Kettleburn said, reaching a hand out to pull back Hagrid's.

"Bless her, look, she knows her mommy!" said Hagrid.

"Maybe, but you gotta be careful. We don't know how venomous she is yet."

"Venomous?" Harry asked, looking at the dragon again.

"Oh yes, Norwegian Ridgebacks are known to have a venomous bite," Kettleburn said.

Tanya already had her gloves on and started to reach out before looking to Kettleburn. "May I?"

"Gently now," he instructed her as she began to pet the dragon, her eyes never leaving the thing. Hagrid gushing about how adorable it was. Harry looked over at Draco and Ron as he pulled on his own gloves to give the dragon a pet as well.

While they were there, they got to help with the dragon's first feeding, a mix of chicken blood and brandy. It wasn't a lovely mix, and Hermione and Draco were particularly squeamish about the blood, but Tanya's calmness about dealing with the blood seemed to help the others deal with it better.

Overall, it was a lot fun, though Harry was concerned about Hagrid. Hopefully he would remember there were things other than the dragon to take care of.

I always enjoy watching when a plot that had a chance of turning dangerous or volatile is derailed by just talking about it with someone more knowledgeable.

Speaking of, I suspect Tanya has unknowingly thrown a wrench into Voldy's efforts with this stunt. I am betting imaginary money that during the "discussion about duties and free time and how they intersect" Dumbles and Hagrid will have, Dumbles will uncover that Hagrid got a bit chatty with the "mysterious man" and accidentally let slip how to get past Fluffy. So that layer of defense will probably be replaced or strengthened.

It might not be a major wrench, as Fluffy was 1 defense of many and this late into things it might be difficult to replace it so short notice. It might force Voldy to massively speed up his plans for making his attempt at the Stone though.

I can't fully remember the timeline for 1st year, but I remember Voldy waited till after the end of year exams, which was a number of weeks after the baby Dragon had been sent off by during the dead of night, which itself was a number of weeks after Hagrid got the egg.
We can presume that Voldy waited so long between learning how to get past Fluffy and making his attempt for the Stone because he either needed to build his strength up with Unicorn blood drinking, or was taking time to figure out the possible traps and prepare how to get around them.

It can also be presumed that he was comfortable to wait so long because he knew Hagrid would be reluctant to tell Dumbledore about the dragon, let alone the circumstances around how he got it, for fear of getting it taken away. But now that Dumbledore has made a big announcement about the Dragon, he can no longer be sure that Hagrid didn't let slip the conversation he had about Fluffy, which means Dumbles may now know for sure that someone is poking around the defenses to get the Stone and that said person can get around at least one of said defenses.

So now he has to face the dilemma of either making an early, and ill prepared attempt for the Stone, or wait and risk the defenses being revamped/massively improved at best and at worst the Stone being moved out of his grasp or even destroyed.

All because a stickler for the rules and procedures had a proper conversation and trusted in authority.

But that's just my theory/take based on giving characters intelligence and logical deduction skills they supposedly have. It is just as possible Voldy's pride makes him stay on track, believing he can figure out all the new traps within a reduced timeframe or Dumbledore not reworking anything because he is confident in the Mirror stumping Voldy and not concerned if he knows how to get past some or all of the other traps.
Granted, Voldy probably will stay stumped by the mirror, so Dumbles wouldn't be wrong.

I always enjoy watching when a plot that had a chance of turning dangerous or volatile is derailed by just talking about it with someone more knowledgeable.

Speaking of, I suspect Tanya has unknowingly thrown a wrench into Voldy's efforts with this stunt. I am betting imaginary money that during the "discussion about duties and free time and how they intersect" Dumbles and Hagrid will have, Dumbles will uncover that Hagrid got a bit chatty with the "mysterious man" and accidentally let slip how to get past Fluffy. So that layer of defense will probably be replaced or strengthened.

It might not be a major wrench, as Fluffy was 1 defense of many and this late into things it might be difficult to replace it so short notice. It might force Voldy to massively speed up his plans for making his attempt at the Stone though.

I can't fully remember the timeline for 1st year, but I remember Voldy waited till after the end of year exams, which was a number of weeks after the baby Dragon had been sent off by during the dead of night, which itself was a number of weeks after Hagrid got the egg.
We can presume that Voldy waited so long between learning how to get past Fluffy and making his attempt for the Stone because he either needed to build his strength up with Unicorn blood drinking, or was taking time to figure out the possible traps and prepare how to get around them.

It can also be presumed that he was comfortable to wait so long because he knew Hagrid would be reluctant to tell Dumbledore about the dragon, let alone the circumstances around how he got it, for fear of getting it taken away. But now that Dumbledore has made a big announcement about the Dragon, he can no longer be sure that Hagrid didn't let slip the conversation he had about Fluffy, which means Dumbles may now know for sure that someone is poking around the defenses to get the Stone and that said person can get around at least one of said defenses.

So now he has to face the dilemma of either making an early, and ill prepared attempt for the Stone, or wait and risk the defenses being revamped/massively improved at best and at worst the Stone being moved out of his grasp or even destroyed.

All because a stickler for the rules and procedures had a proper conversation and trusted in authority.

But that's just my theory/take based on giving characters intelligence and logical deduction skills they supposedly have. It is just as possible Voldy's pride makes him stay on track, believing he can figure out all the new traps within a reduced timeframe or Dumbledore not reworking anything because he is confident in the Mirror stumping Voldy and not concerned if he knows how to get past some or all of the other traps.
Granted, Voldy probably will stay stumped by the mirror, so Dumbles wouldn't be wrong.
Quite accurate, but i bet you voldemort also waited until later because quirrel had to make sure 7 years worth of defence against the dark arts exams were ready on time, teach classes, patrol the halls at night, monitor detentions, etc all while hiding his strangely shaped tumour, and hunting unicorns to survive. Sharing a body makes time management pretty difficult. just think of the harry potter musicals take on it lol

Quite accurate, but i bet you voldemort also waited until later because quirrel had to make sure 7 years worth of defence against the dark arts exams were ready on time, teach classes, patrol the halls at night, monitor detentions, etc all while hiding his strangely shaped tumour, and hunting unicorns to survive. Sharing a body makes time management pretty difficult. just think of the harry potter musicals take on it lol
Being busy with other things could explain it as well true.
Lol

peaking of, I suspect Tanya has unknowingly thrown a wrench into Voldy's efforts with this stunt.
All will be revealed in the next chapter. I don't know how much detail I will be giving it, but it will be revealed.

In other news, the chapter title is a clue to the Dragon's name.

The other clue I will give is there is a meme involving the production of the reference that should narrow it down further.

No more pencils, no more books
Long ago in a distant land of ice and snow where the midnight sun shines and the hot springs flow, a young maiden set off on a quest. A quest by boat to discover new lands, the hammer of the gods ringing in her ears driving her forwards, her oars sweeping through the water. Her only goal was a Western shore. Her feet land on soft fields of oh so green. There to meet the dark haired maiden was a cruel light haired pair. A nobleman who sought to bring all into his influence and a mischievous imp who invited the little firecracker to come and dance.

The young maiden spurred the advances of the nobleman as she danced the night away, her heels kicking and sparking against the ground to spark a blaze. The imp laughing as the maiden gathered together the serfs to join their power together to topple the nobleman. Smoke and fire and magic. Low did the nobleman fall. Giggling as she sang, the imp danced to the maiden and whispered to her that the lands were now hers, including all the curses.

With a scream of fear, and a blast of magic, the imp was bound to a serf, morphing into a loyal elf servant. Bound now to serve, the imp worked to find any fun in the work she was forced to do.

Lily Moon

Lily wasn't happy. They had performed the play they had spent months working on, and only a few people showed up. On top of that, the boat fell over, again, and Lily knew that was probably her fault somehow since she painted it and knocked it over repeatedly, several of them forgot their lines, costumes took too long to change into during dramatic moments, and the whole thing was a big old disaster!

And everyone was moping around, knowing how much of a disaster the whole thing was. Everyone except Professor Snape and Tanya who were coming back from the costume room, Tanya still with some of the imp makeup on her face, but wearing her comfortable clothes.

"Why the long faces?" Tanya asked as she noticed everyone was upset.

"The play was a disaster," Lavender shot at Tanya, sounding rather mean.

"And?" Tanya asked as she moved to where she had left bag. Everyone looked at each other for a moment in confusion before turning back to Tanya.

"What do you mean 'and'?" Lavender asked.

"We put on a play for fun. There is no competition, no money, nothing but our own personal enjoyment," Tanya said as she looked through her bag before pulling out a rag to start rubbing her face, trying to get the makeup off. "And I enjoyed myself enough. Sure, it could have gone better, but the important thing is we had fun, right?"

The Weasley twins chuckled as they got off the box they had been sitting on. "Wouldn't have thought you would be the one to point it out," one said.

"But you are right, it was fun," the other finished.

"Heh," Malfoy huffed, "I suppose it was enjoyable, but is that really all this was for? Just some fun?"

Tanya looked at Malfoy, and Lily couldn't see Tanya's face, but could imagine the small smile that sometimes appeared. "I've learned that sometimes there does not need to be anything more to life than enjoying the moment. For all the plans we may have for the future, it is important to remember the here and now. None of us may end up being professionals on the stage, but we can still have fun in the meantime."

"Yes, very motivating," Professor Snape said, drawing all the attention to him. "Now if you don't mind, I need to get ready for exams. I suggest you all do the same… after cleaning up."

Lily felt happy as she watched Professor Snape leave the room, his robes billowing out. The play was a disaster, and that was ok.

Tanya Degurechaff

Balancing studying for the finals with keeping Hermione from pushing everyone too hard and helping Lily, Gregory, and Vincent with their own studying along with all my other obligations was a challenge, but one that I found satisfying to have accomplished. The days were getting warmer and I carefully folded away the sweater Mrs. Weasley had made for me to the bottom of my trunk. I suspect that it was a heat wave of some sort as I did not expect it to get this warm in Scotland until we were in Summer properly, but there was nothing to be done currently other than to put up a weak temperature control formula under my robes.

It took a bit of calculations and adjustments that I had to work out on paper to figure out how to get it to work continuously and stick to just the inside of my robes to keep me cool as we went through the exams so that my sweat and discomfort would not distract me.

We were given quills specifically for the written portions of the exams that were, apparently, charmed with anti-cheating charms. I had no way to prove the validity and no desire to do so as I wouldn't think of impugning the honor of the exams by doing anything less than my best to demonstrate how well I understood the course material.

Then there was the practical portion of the exams, which I found rather fun. We were given simple instructions and freedom on how to approach the exam. For Charms, I was instructed to make a pineapple tapdance across the desk. While no one specific charm we were taught would accomplish that, there were a few to cause the pineapple to move and with a bit of skill and thought, one could do something resembling a dancing pineapple. I'm not sure how much the unsteady looking bouncing across the desk I did really looked like a tapdance, but I think Professor Flitwick appreciated the bow I added at the end.

For Transfiguration, I was to turn a mouse into a snuff box, something we had not specifically covered but similar to other transfigurations we had done, with extra points awarded for how attractive the box turned out and points subtracted for any mousey qualities it still had. I had to clarify what, precisely, a snuff box was before I began, but after a quick explanation of what snuff was and how it was to be stored while being carried around, along with Professor McGonagall's amusement at how I didn't like the idea of shoving tobacco up my nose any more than the idea of smoking it, I decided to go with a wooden box with geometric designs carved into the surface, a brass latch closure, and an inlay mosaic design on the top. I choked a little and just went with a mouse as the mosaic on the top instead of something more creative, but Professor McGonagall seemed pleased with the result anyways.

Potions was to brew a forgetfulness potion from memory. A rather clever joke on Professor Snape's part as one of the most common issues in exams is forgetting something, so having us brew something focused on forgetting was a reminder of what we might end up doing during the exam. It was actually a very simple recipe with many ways to prepare the main ingredients and a few optional ingredients to adjust the potency. I tried to brew a slightly more advanced version with an extra ingredient that would adjust how long the effects would last depending on how it was prepared, with me aiming for a week long effect which required a fine dice. My dice was not as even as I would have liked, but I felt I still made a good potion.

The four other classes were all written tests this year, though Defense Against the Dark Arts would have practical exams starting next year. This year was more focused on getting a base of knowledge for the following years to build on. History of magic was the final final exam we took and then it was a week free from classes as the exams were graded.

With time to relax, I decided to visit Rebecca, the school's new dragon under the care of Hagrid and the Care of Magical Creatures class. She had been growing rather swiftly in the weeks she had been here and would have difficulty fitting through most doors. Harry, Ron, and Hermione joined me as we headed to Hagrid's hut first to get him as approved adult supervision before approaching the dragon enclosure. While we were heading there, Harry mentioned his scar was hurting and Hermione suggested he go see Madam Pomfrey in the Hospital Wing.

Harry tried to refuse, but I wouldn't hear it. "Hermione is right. After we are done visiting the dragon, we will take you to the hospital wing. Even if it is nothing, you said it has been a few days and at the very least, she should have something to help with the pain. And if it is something more serious, she would be the one to know how to check for it."

Harry simply nodded his head as I knocked on the hut's door.

"Comin'!" Hagrid called as his dog, Fang, barked loudly. He greets us with a warm smile behind his massive beard, "Wha' can I do fer yeh? Your tests all finished up?"

"Yes," I say with a nod. "We were wanting to see Rebecca with the tests over and nothing being an immediate priority."

"O' course. I was jus abou' ter go feed her."

We helped Hagrid carry the buckets of blood and brandy soaked chicken, Rebecca having graduated at some point to solid foods. She was lazing on a warm rock in the sun as we approached, perking up at Hagrid's voice and the sight of the bloody buckets.

The feeding consisted of reaching in, grabbing a chunk of meat, and tossing it at Rebecca, who snapped the flying meat out of the air. Harry was the only one to join me in helping Hagrid feed Rebecca, Ron and Hermione content to watch and just enjoy the moment.

A lovely moment that had to end as we escorted Harry to the hospital wing. Passing the house point hourglasses showed a close competition as Professor Flitwick began to place black tarps over the points for the final days before the End of Year Feast.

—-

Quirinus Quirrell

A year. It had taken most of a year to find out the methods to get past each of the challenges protecting the Philosopher's Stone and its Elixir of Life. Every challenge except the damn mirror. Quirrell's master, the Dark Lord Voldemort, had been displeased at Quirrell's inability to get the stone from the mirror, if it was even in there.

With no time in the year left, and the narrow time Dumbledore was away from the school shrinking rapidly, the pair had to make a decision. A hard decision to abandon this path towards returning Voldemort to life. There were other options. Options Quirrell had looked up during the year.

One possibility that Quirrell managed to convince his master was viable would require a long trip, so the pair snuck into the Forbidden Forest to stock up on unicorn blood. Before leaving for the Colonies.

—-

Lee Jordan

"HELLO HOGWARTS! Are we excited for the last match of the year!? I said, are we excited!? Great! This match will determine who takes home the Quidditch House Cup this year. Currently, Gryffindor is primed to win it all as they sit with two wins and no losses, if they win this match, they take the cup. Hufflepuff is out of the running entirely, Slytherin is currently sitting pretty with two wins, one loss. Ravenclaw has one win and one loss. If Ravenclaw wins, we will have to go to the point totals for the year to see who takes the cup, and Ravenclaw is a fair bit behind Slytherin in the points and will need to rack up the points to secure total victory, but watch out Ravenclaw as Gryffindor can still take the cup in overall standings if you let them score too many goals.

"And here comes our players. Captain Hoganis leading the Ravenclaw team, followed by his fellow chasers Lambkins and Kettles. Then we have the beaters Badgers and Barrows, keeper Filly, seeker Gerble. And coming on the rear we got the reserves for Ravenclaw! Chang, Davies, and Page!

"And out of the other end of the pitch is Gryffindor! Captain Wood, chasers Johnson, Spinnet, and Bell, the terrible twosome of beaters Fred and George Weasley, the nimblest seeker Potter, and reserve Degurechaff!"

"Thank goodness."

"What was that Prof?"

"Don't you worry about that Jordan."

"Whatever you say Prof. The captains have reached center pitch and shaken hands. Players are in position and They! Are! Off! Lambkins with the quaffle, pass to Kettles. A nice dodge by kettles before passing to Hoganis to Lambkins. A clever pass off the bludger back to Hoganis. AND WE HAVE A STEAL! Bell passes to Spinnet passes to Johnson. It is a race down the pitch. Pass to Bell to Spinnet back to bell and… Filly catches the shot! That's ok Spinnet you almost had it!"

"Jordan, neutral."

"Sorry Prof. Kettles has the quaffle and is off down the pitch, passing to Hoganis. AND GEORGE COMES OUT OF THE SKY! Like the bludgers he has stopped Hoganis' advancement long enough for the Gryffindor chasers to catch back up and Hoganis passes the quaffle to Lambkins, who takes a bludger! Ooh, that has to hurt. Bell recovers the quaffle, but her pass is intercepted by Kettles! Pass to Davies who is subbing in for the injured Lambkins. Pass to Hoganis.

"AND THE SEEKERS ARE OFF! Looks Potter has spotted something! Gerble hot on his trail, heading looking around not seeing what Potter sees. A bludger comes in, nearly hitting Potter, but Fred is able to get in the way in time, taking the blow for his teammate! AND POTTER CATCHES THE SNITCH!

"THERE WE HAVE IT! Gryffindor wins! Gryffindor takes the match and the cup! I can tell you that the common room is going to be celebrating well into the night."

—-

Lily Moon

Lily was scared. Everyone got envelopes with their grades and she was scared about failing. Tanya has helped her so much and would be sad if Lily didn't pass because of the wasted effort. So Lily had climbed up the wall that was there into the space behind the wall that wasn't there, but looked like it was there to hide as she stared at the scary letter. Lily was curled up staring at the letter on the dirty stone ground of the hole in the wall that looked like a wall but wasn't a wall even though it was above a wall that was there.

Biting her lip, Lily snatched up the envelope and ripped it open and looked at her grades, heart pounding hard, breath quick, and eyes dilated. Her worried frown slowly turned into a wide smile.

She passed! She passed! She got Acceptable in almost every class except for Transfiguration where she got Exceeds Expectations! Professor Guard Kitty thought she exceeded expectations!

Lily liked Professor Guard Kitty!

She needed to write her parents! Lily jumped out of the wall that wasn't really a wall, but looked like a wall and was above a wall that really was a wall. She jumped out as Professor Guard Kitty passed by and hugged her favorite professor.

"I passed!" Lily excitedly yelled at her favorite professor. "IpassedIpassedIpassed!"

Before Professor Guard Kitty could say anything, Lily was excitedly running off. Professor Guard Kitty just shook her head, a soft smile on her lips.

—-

Tanya Degurechaff

The second to last day at Hogwarts for my first year of a rather comprehensive magical education saw me making sure all my things were packed away safely in my school trunk. Clothes folded with care, books neatly organized, and equipment clean and orderly. My broom was in Professor McGonagal's care for the summer as it would be difficult to store in my trunk safely and I would have no time to use it during the summer break anyways at the Orphanage.

"Hey Tanya!" The bright voice of Lily called out from behind me.

"Hmm?" I turned an ear towards her as I continued packing my trunk.

"I told my parents that you helped me pass my tests and would be going home to an Orphanage and wouldn't be able to have a lot of fun, so they wanted me to ask you if you wanted to go on vacation with us!"

Hermione mentioned that her parents usually went to France for summer holidays, Parvati said her family was going to India for a few weeks to visit extended family, and Lavender was going to Italy. I, on the other hand was resigned to spending time going to church, helping the nuns take care of the children, and spending most of the summer working. The idea of getting out of all that and having fun was attractive.

"I'll have to ask Abbess Jane first, but I would like that," I said, carefully hedging if I was told no. Considering Lily practically tackled me in a hug after my tentative agreement, she seemed to take it as a complete agreement.

Lily was beaming as she began telling me all about all the fun things we were going to do, I only needed to occasionally ask a question to keep the conversation going all the way to the End of Year Feast where the hourglasses were uncovered and the Great Hall was decorated in Red and Gold. A brief perception enhancement formula showed me before any end of term announcements were made that Gryffindor had won the cup by a single point over Slytherin.

"Another year give," The Headmaster said, standing up from his seat and gesturing wildly. "And what a wonderful way to end the year, with the closest scores in decades. In fourth place, Hufflepuff with three hundred and seventy eight points; in third, Ravenclaw with four hundred and forty two; and just missing out this year by but a single point is Slytherin with four hundred ninety nine to Gryffindor's five hundred!"

Surprisingly, it wasn't just Gryffindor celebrating as Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff joined in cheering that Slytherin's winning streak had finally come to an end. I could see Professor Snape seemed a bit upset by this, along with a few Seventh Year Slytherins who just missed out on being able to go their entire Hogwarts life as House Cup winners.

The hall slowly quieted down as Dumbledore calmly held up his hands.

"Yes, well done Gryffindor. Congratulations for your narrow victory. I also must sadly announce that Professor Quirrell has chosen to leave our school, as some of you may have already noticed."

Indeed, his seat was empty. Curious that he wouldn't at least stay for the end of year feast, but I suppose it was a rather emotional situation for him and he didn't want to deal with it. I could sympathize with the desire to make a quiet exit.

Regardless, the feast and following celebrations lasted long into the night and soon enough we were on the Hogwarts Express heading back to London, a final chance to laugh, joke, share candy, and talk with friends made during the year till September.

It was a long, slow process for everyone to get off the platform and I was happy to see Abbess Jane had come personally to pick me up. She was standing next to a family with a father and son that were… broad in build and a mother that looked like she made lemonade, she left out the sugar. Or, I suppose lemon drink would be more apt, though I had not had the drink since being reborn in Britain.

Before heading over, I gave my thanks to Mrs. Weasley in person for the sweater she has knitted me before joining Harry in walking over to the Abbess and the family. The family must be the Dursley's, Harry's Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin.

"Hello Abbess," I sat politely with a slight bow.

"Tanya," She greets in turn, a bit stiffly. "I trust you did well with your studies."

"Of course Abbess, though one class would benefit from me getting better in the kitchen."

"I am sure your help cooking could be arranged."

"Also, one of the other girls invited me to vacation with her family for having tutored her in several of the classes, if that is alright with you."

The Abbess was quiet for a moment, eyes unfocused as she thought about it. "That is fine, just make sure you let me know when they are planning to pick you up and when they will be dropping you off. And write to me about what you are doing."

I give the Abbess a reassuring smile. "Of course."

Turning to the Dursleys, I see they are about to leave, but I step up to them and hold out a hand.

"You must be Mr. Dursley," I say, managing to get him into a firm handshake while maintaining eye contact. "Harry has told me that you are a rather successful salesman. It is great that you are able to take time out of your undoubtedly busy schedule to spend time with your family to pick up your nephew."

"Of course," He stammers out, looking between me and the Abbess in her habit.

"I believe it is Timothy three five that states 'If someone does not know how to manage their own household, how will he care for God's church?'" I may not be personally religious, but growing up in a Catholic Orphanage with little else to do, I had very carefully read the Bible and memorized any lines that were useful in dealing with hypocritical Christians or their God if he ever decided to try bothering me again. If what Harry mentioned about his family's desire to appear normal was accurate, then they would want to appear to be good Christians, and a gentle reminder of his own hypocrisy could help there and give Harry either an annoying summer as he is taken to Church, or a better holiday as his family thinks on what their previous deity had to say about family. "I'm sure you know how to manage a household in a properly Christian manner though." I let go of his hand and turn back towards the crowd to look for Lily to let her know I would be able to go with her.

A nice relaxing vacation sounded wonderful. Especially with… a friend. I would need to remember to not forget to do these things when I grew up again.

—- End of Book 1 of Tanya Degurechaff's Hogwarts Adventure: Tanya Degurechaff and the Philosopher's Stone —-

And here we come to the end of the first book. I will be changing the name of this thread to "Tanya Degurechaff's Hogwarts Adventure" soon and continue posting future books in this thread for ease of everyone.

In other news, I am planning on doing one more chapter of my Star Wars story and then begin doing a poll on my Patreon for which of my stories people want me to focus on with my goal of doing at least 1 chapter/month. If I do an extra chapter of either that story or another, that is just a bonus.

There are 3 stories that will be put on the poll.
1. Tanya Degurechaff's Hogwarts Adventure
2. A Girl's Jedi Record
3. A Young Dragon's Hedonistic Record

Edit Suggestions: HP23

"I told my parents that you helped me pass my tests and would be going home to an Orphanage and wouldn't be able to have a lot of fun, so they wanted me to ask you if you wanted to go on vacation with us!"
Ahh, so this is how she's going to make it to year two in this timeline. Tanya probably gonna murderblend some nasty or other while on vacation.

"I'm sure you know how to manage a household in a properly Christian manner though." I let go of his hand and turn back towards the crowd to look for Lily to let her know I would be able to go with her.
She sure knows how to perform passive aggressive judo flips with the scripture like a real Christian. "It's not my place to judge, buuuut as the Good Book says...." XD

In some fics, Dumbledore is not an evil mastermind (I know, I know, it looks weird seeing that written down)
I wasn't thinking that, so much as he knows about the prophecy, and likely knows Tom was there. And.... despite that? Nothing happened.

I'm just thinking he's asking himself if something happened? I tend to think of Dumbledore as locally genre savy, so no conflict between prophicised enemies? Weird.

Ahh, so this is how she's going to make it to year two in this timeline. Tanya probably gonna murderblend some nasty or other while on vacation.
Nah. She failed first year the first time in canon. At least, that is the head canon I am working from.
I wonder how Dumbledore's taking it?
Rather well considering the kids are being kids.

He is sure Quirrell tried something, but not sure what as he lacks some important information.

I'm glad it's your birthday! Happy birthday to you!
Harry Potter

Harry was having a good summer. His family did not know he could not use magic over the summer, so he could spook them when he wanted with nonsense words, his friends were sending him letters, though he had much more limited capacity to reply due to his Uncle refusing to allow him to let Hedwig out of her cage, and the Weasleys were coming to pick him up on his birthday.

And to top it all off, while his Uncle had some important meeting coming up that could apparently land him a big commission or something, his Uncle couldn't even properly get excited over his plans of getting a vacation home in Majorca. Tanya, one of Harry's best friends, had gone off to vacation in Majorca along with Lily and Lily's family and was sending postcards that showed the beautiful beaches and talked about some of the things they got up to. That there were 'freaks', as his Uncle liked to say, going to Majorca really soured Uncle Vernon's opinion on that matter.

That didn't stop his Uncle from putting on a brave face and making sure his family was all set for his guests to arrive. They were all dressed up and going over the plan as Harry came down with his few things that weren't locked up in the cupboard under the stairs packed up.

"Good, good. And Dudley?" The large man, neckless with a large black mustache, sitting at the dining said. Harry's Uncle Vernon was turning to his nearly as large son, Dudley.

Dudley was best described as looking like a pig learned to walk on its hind legs and was wearing a blonde toupe. "I'll be waiting to open the door," Harry's cousin said as he put on a simpering smile. "May I take your coats, Mr. and Mrs. Mason?"

"They'll love him," Aunt Petunia, a thin horse faced woman, gushed over her son.

"Excuse me Uncle," Harry said, interrupting from the doorway as he held up Hedwig's, Harry's pet snowy owl, cage. "Mind taking the padlock off of Hedwig's cage and opening up the cupboard? The Weasley's should be here shortly and I would like to get out of here as soon as they arrive."

Vernon's face turned even more purple as he turned towards Harry. The man had locked up Hedwig as soon as they arrived back home along with putting all of Harry's school stuff in the cupboard under the stairs, attempting to hide away anything he viewed as freakish.

For all that Vernon did not like his nephew though, the man was reasonable enough to see that by just doing as asked he would be rid of the burden he viewed Harry as soon enough for the rest of the summer vacation.

"Fine fine," Vernon said, lifting his bulk out of the chair and opening up the cupboard and tossing Harry the key to the padlock so that Harry could unlock the cage himself.

As much as Harry wanted to have a bit of breakfast, he would much rather be out of the house. So he just grabbed his trunk and, checking the time, saw that his best friend should be arriving in a few minutes to pick him up. With that in mind, Harry dragged his trunk outside and began to wait.

"Don't worry Hedwig, you'll be out of that cage soon enough," Harry cooed to his bird, gently stroking her feathers.

It wasn't long before a turquoise car drove up the street, driven by a red headed man with a red headed boy in the passenger seat.

The boy stuck his head out of the window and waved at Harry, "Harry! Good to see you, mate."

Harry had a huge grin as he waved back at his best friend. "Good to see you too, Ron!" Harry called back.

Mr. Weasley stopped the car in front of Number 4 Privet Drive and got out of the car. "Good to see you, Harry," the kindly, slightly balding man said as he reached out to shake Harry's hand. "Happy to have you staying with us."

"Thank you for having me, Mr. Weasley."

"Call me Arthur."

The three climbed into the car, Harry and Ron both getting into the back seat and beginning to chat, catching up after a month of being away from each other. Harry got a feeling that Ron was hiding something from him, but didn't want to bring it up as he was just happy to see his friend again. It was nearing one in the afternoon by they time they turned down a road and Harry got a good view of a house that could only be described as magical.

It looked like an old stone pigpen that had rooms added and stacked on top of it crookedly that only magic could explain how they stayed up, something Harry had to briefly remind himself was entirely possible, about five chimneys perched on the red roof. As they drove up, Harry's mouth was open in a wide eyed grin, passing by a wood sign declaring that the house was 'THE BURROW'.

They went into the yard and around to a little tumbledown garage.

"Here we are!" Mr. Weasley said, starting to get out of the car. "Ron, mind helping me put away the car? Harry, why don't you head on in and say hello? I'm sure everyone is excited to see you."

"Sure Dad," Ron said.

"You sure Mr. Weasley?"

"Oh yes, I'm sure," Mr. Weasley said, patting Harry on the shoulder before nudging him on the shoulder. "Just head on in."

"Ok," Harry said, getting a feeling something was going on. Looking over at Ron, Harry saw his friend just motioned for him to go on in.

Shrugging, Harry headed to the house. He politely knocked and waited. He heard nothing coming from the house. Slowly, he grabbed the doorknob and opened the door, peaking into a dark room.

"H-hello?" He asked as he stepped into the room.

"'Surprise!'" A chorus of voices shouted out as the lights came on. "'Happy Birthday!'"

"W-what?" Harry gasped as he looked around at all the smiling faces. Most of them had red hair, but Harry also saw a bushy head of hair belonging to Hermione along with who must be her parents standing near her along with Dean and his family. Lavender was here with her mom and Hagrid was standing behind them.

"Happy birthday, Harry," Ron said with a grin from behind him.

Harry felt his smile was so wide and a tear was forming in his eyes. He had thought last year was the best birthday ever learning he was a wizard and was going to get away from the Dursleys, but here, surrounded by friends, he couldn't imagine how he could have a better birthday.

—-

Lily Moon

Lily was having a great time! Tanya was able to come with her and Mommy and Daddy to the beachy place! Mom your can! It was so amazing! The sun was always shining and the water was so blue and clear! She could see all the things in the water like the little fishies and the plants that Tanya called kelp and Daddy called seaweed. Lily thought calling it seaweed was a bit rude because weeds were not wanted plants. Lily learned about that in Herb class from Professor Sprout! Lily didn't see how the plants were unwanted considering they looked so pretty waving in the water and the fishies needed something to eat, so they must graze on the water plants like mini cows!

Currently Lily was building a castle out of sand like she saw some of the other kids doing and Tanya was helping! Tanya was so smart in how to get the walls to stay up and to make it look all castley. When Lily asked how Tanya knew all about making sand castles she got a rather boring answer involving history and how actual structures were built in various parts of the world and Lily felt like she was back at school in class. School was a lot of fun, exploring the castle, but classes were BORING!

"Girls! Lunch time," Mommy said.

"Yay!" Lily shouted as she got up and rushed over to where Mommy and Daddy were packing away the towels and umbrellas. Well, Daddy was using his magic to pack them away.

Tanya is much calmer than Lily in getting up from where they were building the castle, dusting herself off and emptying out the bucket they were using of the wet sand. "Where are we eating, Mrs. Moon?" Tanya asked.

"There is an adorable little stall I saw on the pier yesterday that I was hoping to try," Mommy said with a smile as she took Lily's hand and the four began heading along the beach towards a wooden structure jutting out into water with various shops and stalls built on it.

The beach they had visited was a magicals beach hidden in ways Lily didn't know about. She just knew that Mommy had to hold onto one of their hands to get to the beach, though not to leave the beach. Tanya started a conversation with Daddy about his books. Lily hummed to herself as she already knew all about the books he wrote that she was allowed to read or be read to. She was still too young to read some of his books and even if she was allowed to read them, some of them sounded really boring to her.

Who wanted to read a story about a magical lawyer living in a small village and dealing with magical legal issues?

The stall they went to was a tapas stall. Which Lily had learned basically was just a fancy way of saying it is a place that serves a bunch of little dishes so you can taste a lot of different things instead of just one normal meal. Tapas was so much fun! It was almost like being at a Hogwarts feast, but even better because the food was so different!

They spent a lazy hour sitting around an umbrella covered table, slowly eating the tapas that seemed to mostly be different cold cuts, cheese, and bread, but there were also some other veggie plates they snacked on.

"We should probably work on some of the homework later," Tanya said, looking at Lily before taking a bite of crusty bread topped with some of the oily tomatoes.

Lily groaned in disappointment. "But it's summer!"

"Scrambling at the last minute will mean none of the information will stay with you."

Daddy rubbed Lily's back. "Your friend is right. If you finish up all the homework before we head back to England, we will celebrate by getting a Battenberg cake."

Lily perked up. "Really?"

Daddy smiled and nodded.

"Let's do it!" Lily declared, looking at Tanya who just chuckled and shook her head.

—-

Lucius Malfoy

Lucius was not having a good week. He had gotten notice of a coming inspection of his manor for dark artifacts and any item that could be found to be in violation of that damnable Wesley's muggle baiting law.

As annoying as that might have been, Lucius had time to deal with that before the search was to happen. No, adding onto his headaches was his latest update from his asset watching the Degurechaff child. The stupid muggle was losing control of Degurechaff if he did nothing.

After properly expressing his annoyance with the muggle filth, Lucius deigned to allow it to explain itself. The muggles were doing away with orphanages for parentless children for some new method that would see Degurechaff lost in the shuffle of child caring facilities.

Normally, the Ministry of Magic would be able to swoop in to take care of any magical children in such a situation, but Lucius would lose a close eye on the girl.

He had contemplated just adopting the child himself in order to further shore up the brewing alliance with a future Dark Lady. Unfortunately, he has political considerations to make. Adopting her would be far too public of a declaration far too soon, especially without solid proof of her Pure Blood.

Waiting for her to grow into her power and aligning with her would allow for any… inconsistencies in her heritage to be overlooked more readily. Lucius needed her in a position he could monitor easily, but not in a position where it would be looked unfavorably upon his own person until the time was right.

There was a way to solve both issues, though Lucius was loathed to do it. He was going to sell off his artifacts aggressively and then covertly convert galleons into muggle cash for his asset to use to keep the orphanage running until the Degurechaff child was an adult.

This has found Lucius going through his manor, a crate floating behind him as he grabbed various poisons, objects, artifacts, and miscellaneous things to be sold in Knockturn Alley. Picking up a little black book, and old worn diary, Lucius recalled something his former master had informed him of prior to handing it to him.

It was important that it be kept safe, and that it could open Slytherin's Chamber of Secrets at Hogwarts through some means that was not disclosed. Lucius snarled and tossed the book into the box. If that fool of a former master could not even defeat a baby, then there was no reason to keep his junk safe. No, far better to hitch the Malfoy horse to a new individual that would be better able to handle the duties of being a Master of the Dark Arts.

Lol. Lmao even. I can perfectly see Luscious seeing young Voldy in Tanya. And with this fact established, his following actions are logical.

But they are also so hilarious in retrospect.

Good for Tanya and Harry to have very nice vacation. Tanya ofc is positive influence on lil Moon, even if she is standard 11 year old.

I have a weird feeling that she will end up as Visha-like figure. And similarly to Visha, Tanya will be the one doing the moulding. But over much longer period of time and during puberty.

She will end up as overcompetent and overeager minion, doesn't she? Once she realises how much Tanya helped her.

Lol. Lmao even. I can perfectly see Luscious seeing young Voldy in Tanya. And with this fact established, his following actions are logical.

But they are also so hilarious in retrospect.

Good for Tanya and Harry to have very nice vacation. Tanya ofc is positive influence on lil Moon, even if she is standard 11 year old.

I have a weird feeling that she will end up as Visha-like figure. And similarly to Visha, Tanya will be the one doing the moulding. But over much longer period of time and during puberty.

She will end up as overcompetent and overeager minion, doesn't she? Once she realises how much Tanya helped her.
I'm not sure that even with Tanya's influence Lily will ever have the attention span to be a top-tier minion like Visha.

Oh no, is the horcrux going to end up in one of Tanya's minions hands? Since Voldy will have made an enemy for life with that sort of stunt and while Tanya has held back a lot just trying to enjoy life this time around, young Tom is going to set her off on her Devil of the Rhine persona and put the fear of God in quite literally everyone, and put Dumbledore into paranoia mode. Particularly if Tanya does turn out to be a parselmouth considering the languages club and all...

Well great things seem to be cooking in the background I can't wait to see what comes up next.

I don't think he would need to sell anything to have that kind of money though... he's very rich and no doubt already has alot of income from his job so why can't he just convert some of his earning? I can't see him selling powerful artifacts for this.

Thank you for the chapter!

I don't think he would need to sell anything to have that kind of money though... he's very rich and no doubt already has alot of income from his job so why can't he just convert some of his earning? I can't see him selling powerful artifacts for this.

Thank you for the chapter!
He already had to get rid of all of that stuff to begin with, Bones is out for his blood along with all of his political enemies he has to be squeeky clean for when they do the inspection. Getting some cash for the hassle is really the least that he can do, to make up for his losses, this influx of cash was just a nice bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back