• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Litch, let me put it this way: Sorcery is what the primordials used to etch the laws of physics into Creation. There is essentially nothing it can't do besides raising the dead, given enough time and resources, and since we're not in Creation it may be able to do that too. Breaking a curse that was cast with magic is a trivial matter for the countermagic spells.

Smuthunter said:
Litch, let me put it this way: Sorcery is what the primordials used to etch the laws of physics into Creation. There is essentially nothing it can't do besides raising the dead, given enough time and resources, and since we're not in Creation it may be able to do that too. Breaking a curse that was cast with magic is a trivial matter for the countermagic spells.
Question: What is the difference between Emerald, Sapphire and Adamant Circle Sorcery with Terrestrial, Celestial and Solar Circle Sorcery?
Or are they just different names of the same stuff?
(Also, I like Countermagic)

Smuthunter said:
There is essentially nothing it can't do besides raising the dead
And even that isn't "This is impossible." It's "The system is so damn efficient and has so many redundancies that no one can figure out a way to get around it."

kinglugia said:
Question: What is the difference between Emerald, Sapphire and Adamant Circle Sorcery with Terrestrial, Celestial and Solar Circle Sorcery?
The only difference is the name. Terrestrial, celestial and Solar are the technical names. Emerald, sapphire and adamant are the flowery formal names for using when you talk up your great deeds.

kinglugia said:
Emerald = Terrestial, Sapphire = Celestial, Adamant = Solar.

kinglugia said:
That Omnyoji guy is also Abe-no-Seimei, the creator of Omnyoji himself. :V

No, Abe-no-Seimei (aka Nue) is the "Hell-God" Big Bad of Nurarihyon no Mago. I mean Keikain Yura's ancestor who forged the sword Nurarihyon (and later Rikuo) used, and fought alongside him against the Hagoromo Gitsune... who was apparently Seimei's mother, no less!

According to the Wiki, his name's Keikain Hidemoto.

Smuthunter said:

Actually, that's kinda what has me thinking it would be more difficult. The Hagoromo Gitsune Auto-Ressurrects, breaking the same rules that say Sorcery can do anything, making things seem just a little less than certain to me. Still, that's up to Alex, I just think it would be a lot of effort for something that he has no reason to care about... or even know about, unless Grandpa Nura tells him, since I don't think even Rikuo knows. My point about the Curse was purely Meta-Knowledge, and not something that Issei should have been aware of... unless he's actively breaking the Fourth Wall now.

We can see active magic and pick apart its effects when we have our Caste Ability active, which is 5 motes or whenever we have gone over the 11+ Peripheral motes used, Ddraig may also smell it, he seems to be able to detect everything else we have come across, but thats besides the point, you were telling us we shouldn't be helping out the kid because we wouldn't know he needed help, but by that same argument we wouldn't know that anything between him and Tsurara would have issues with the curse, which would keep Issei from even thinking about hitting on her, as she is fairly obvious in her interest in him in both Manga and Anime, even at this early point and even thinking she would leave him is laughable she's probably one of the most loyal to him among the group which is saying a lot, no this Arc is a good place to make some friend, not pick up girls

Also, as for Madame Respawn, We have a Charm for that, seriously we were MADE to kill shit that pulled tricks like that, its our whole Raison d'être

sigh... did I ever mention killing, or even fighting, the Gitsune? No. I said that it didn't abide by the normal rules, and as such its Curse on Nurarihyon's line might be a bit harder to break than "*Poof* the curse is broken". Frankly, as I'm actually a pretty big fan of the NnM cannon, I'd rather we DIDN'T kill the Gitsune, since she's actually a surprisingly interesting character. Particularly once she fully merges with her current host, who's backstory is absolutely MADE OF FEELS... and, oddly, a direct result of said Curse, when you think about it.

Instead, I just wanted Issei, who had a Cannon interest in Yuki-Onnas in general, to wind up recruiting the first one he came across in the story. Immature? Possibly, but it does fit his stated personality, and could even be the result of his Virtue Flaw / Limit Break.

Additionally, about spotting the Curse via the Twilight Aura Banner... that basically gives him Mage Sight, right? As in its linked to his vision? Considering that the curse just prevents the Nura Line from breeding with Youkai, the most likely place for that to be anchored would probably be Rikuo's crotch, now wouldn't it? Can someone tell my why he would be paying any attention to another guy's crotch while using enough essence for that to work? Ditto to Ddraig, who I imagine has to work through Issei's own senses, actually sniffing that part of any man's body? Seriously, the idea is majorly OOC.

I didn't say we would I said we COULD, I happen to agree with you I'm rather fond of her myself all things considered.

But no, simply put, DxD magic fails horrible when set against Exalted magic in all ways expects cost when it comes down to a conceptual level, you could say its like DxD magic is effecting the cells of the body, while Exalted magic is effecting the quarks.

As for the Curse location, I would think it would be in his Aura itself personally rather then anything else, and Ddraig can pick up things from a long distance when its powerful enough, and for the DxDverse that Curse counts.

on the Yuki-Onna thing, its not like Tsurara is the only one out there, there will be other options and chances but anyway, like was mentioned back in the HSDK part, our Issei has already said previously that he's seriously Anti-NTR and won't even think about hitting on someone who's interested in someone else, add to that the fact that Tsurara is one of the Young Master most Loyal followers, and yeah, sorry but there is no way we are getting her to join us, and even trying is just asking for trouble and out of character for Issei has he's been shown in the quest so far, ymmv but such is life

not to mention she is quite young and below issei's strike range. As for exalted sorcery that thing is so extremely potent is can be consider an outright miracle and that is putting it lightly. Its also takes a lot to even be able to begin accessing sorcery let alone reach solar levels of it. Hence why bright is so powerful since she mastered it! Both draig and especially bright can detect magical effects like sharks can sense blood in water. While they might not pick up on it while we are there they might note that something is off about the kid and then detect his alt mode as well as the curse, no meta knowledge needed. as for the gitsune? remember what bright was offering to teach us when we faced riser? we have access to a charm that will kill things at the conceptual level. Soul body existence it will kill it.

Last edited by a moderator:
noahgab1133 said:
not to mention she is quite young and below issei's strike range. As for exalted sorcery that thing is so extremely potent is can be consider an outright miracle and that is putting it lightly. Its also takes a lot to even be able to begin accessing sorcery let alone reach solar levels of it. Hence why bright is so powerful since she mastered it! Both draig and especially bright can detect magical effects like sharks can sense blood in water. While they might not pick up on it while we are there they might note that something is off about the kid and then detect his alt mode as well as the curse, no meta knowledge needed. as for the gitsune? remember what bright was offering to teach us when we faced riser? we have access to a charm that will kill things at the conceptual level. Soul body existence it will kill it.
Sanae_Kochiya.png

Yo dawg, I heard you liek miracles, so I got you a miracle chick.

:p

Odysseus2099 said:
In Exalted almost all spirits auto-resurrect. That's nothing special.
Ghost-Eating Technique: Occult 4, Essence 3. Among other useful tricks, if it used to kill something that would normally disperse and eventually reform, the target is instead permanently destroyed.

Standard training for any Solar that deals with spirits or demons.

Undying Litch-King said:
Vote:
I'd also like a bit of info where the Tiger-Dragon-Lady comes from, it sounds interesting.

Also, I'd like Issei to try to learn as much as he can about the Nura Clan and their History, as it might wind up being important when he eventually gets to the Kyoto Arc... or useful, at least. Oh, and get him to seduce Yuki-Onna. She doesn't deserve to be stuck pining after the guy who literally can't return her feelings, thanks to the Curse the Hagoromo Gitsune put on Nurarihyon.
:eek:

Can't believe you guys. I programmed this Arc to be pure Shounen, to take a break from harem hijinks...sorry to break your hopes, but there will be less to no romance in there.

And Yuki-onna in general can reproduce without a partner.
EternitynChaos said:
I'm not going to say anything until Alexander gives the OK, as it may give away future plot points, and as for that Curse, HA, if you think something like that is going to be able to stand up to the efforts of a Twilight Solar you are seriously underestimating just what we will be capable of once we Initiate in even Terrestrial Circle Sorcery, the Counter Spell from that should No Sell damn near any magic we will come across in the DxDverse, the only draw back being how damn expensive it is.
You have my OK. It always amuse me seeing the theories you all come up with ;).

For the Curse: have you ever considered asking Hagoromo herself to lift it up after she mellows down?

Well, since you've given me the go ahead.

That Dragon Lady sounds an awful lot like Tatsuki the 3rd seat on the council of twelve of the Shadow Organization from the Kekkaishi series, she's fully able to turn into a full eastern dragon, and that sort of behaviour is completely in character for her and she's over 300 years old and all, plus her element as a dragon is Lightning so yeah, it fits in my view

... Hagoromo from Nurarihyon no mago mellowing down? Didn't she like, cross the moral event horizon already into irredeemable status?

[X] It's probably best not to beat around the bush, explain things concisely, elaborating if required and offer your assistance in dealing with the trouble to come, you've never been the sort to sit idle while innocents are in danger after all, and if nothing else Asia could be of use healing people if needed other then the obvious of your own skills, besides Rikuo looks like he could use all the help he can get.

ragoogar said:
... Hagoromo from Nurarihyon no mago mellowing down? Didn't she like, cross the moral event horizon already into irredeemable status?
The end of the manga shows amazing character development ;)

Also, it's explicitly stated in a side story that the curse was lifted when Seimei was defeated (don't ask me why: ask the author)

aah. oh well,

[X] It's probably best not to beat around the bush, explain things concisely, elaborating if required and offer your assistance in dealing with the trouble to come, you've never been the sort to sit idle while innocents are in danger after all, and if nothing else Asia could be of use healing people if needed other then the obvious of your own skills, besides Rikuo looks like he could use all the help he can get.

Alexander said:
The end of the manga shows amazing character development ;)

Also, it's explicitly stated in a side story that the curse was lifted when Seimei was defeated (don't ask me why: ask the author)
Her current host is both a Youkai and the former lover of the 2nd Head, back before they knew about the Curse I think, so it was probably influenece from her that started it. If I'm not misremembering that influence is also why the current Third Head is alive. Gitsune ran into him when she went to kill his dad and, I'm assuming here so I might be wrong, while she was able to kill the 2nd because she' been planning it for a while, and was able to overthrow any influence from her host, the third was unexpected. And he was a little kid and Gitsune has some really strong Maternal Instincts.

Although I'm guessing with a lot of that, it makes sense?

nope, super wrong, Gitsune was being played by her son and another guy with a grudge against the Nura Clan, she had no memories of herself when the strike came, it wasn't even her but a hypnotic command from the asshat with the massive eye in his head, needless to say when her son gets born and basically says she's useless now and throws her into hell she's less then impressed and stuff moved from that point.

EternitynChaos said:
nope, super wrong, Gitsune was being played by her son and another guy with a grudge against the Nura Clan, she had no memories of herself when the strike came, it wasn't even her but a hypnotic command from the asshat with the massive eye in his head, needless to say when her son gets born and basically says she's useless now and throws her into hell she's less then impressed and stuff moved from that point.

She was also Rihan's Wife, not just his Lover, and comes to consider both Seimei and Rikuo her sons as a result... except, by the end of the Manga, she likes Rikuo better, and does the Fusion-thing with him to take down Mr Hell-God... which was actually rather anti-climactic at the time, but i get that the publisher was probably pushing for a quick finish, or something like that. :(

I still think my idea makes sense even if its not actually canon. And pretty much leads to the same development anyway from what Litch said.

The Tiger Dragon sounds like Tatsuki from Kekkaishi. She is a three hundred year old and is a master of lightning manipulation and transforms into a tiger striped dragon.

ShadowAngelBeta said:
Thankfully. At least Gitsune is unique in how she reincarnates, having Tamamo running around... *shivers*... Unless its the Nasuverse version, she's cute and not a menace.
yeah...The thought of anything in nasuverse being cute and not a menace...sends shivers down my back and causes my eyes to tear up a little bit.

Galeiam said:
yeah...The thought of anything in nasuverse being cute and not a menace...sends shivers down my back and causes my eyes to tear up a little bit.
My bad. I meant Looks cute and seems not to be a menace. Like Ilya, I mean look at how adorable and obviously sweet she is. O:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back