• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

codeRR said:
Deadly Dragoon Warrior?
[X] No

Yeah no, if it was dragon hybrid I would be more accepting of it but going full dragon is not a good idea. I don't know the show but don't they fight monster shaped beings a lot? If so then it's a horrible idea...and breaks the overlord rule about turning into a snake

Uh. it's a youkai clan, they ARE "monster shaped things" and they already know we are a dragon, why would they get freaked out for us turning into our "true form"

that said, we are already winning, powering up at this point just seems like poor sportsmanship.

[X] EternityChaos

Yeah that should work well,

iamnuff said:
Uh. it's a youkai clan, they ARE "monster shaped things" and they already know we are a dragon, why would they get freaked out for us turning into our "true form"

that said, we are already winning, powering up at this point just seems like poor sportsmanship.

I had asked that as I have never seen the show so I was unaware of what the Youkai looked like in it. I mentioned shape not cause of shock or them not knowing about it, I said this because they are used to fighting being like us if we went full dragon

codeRR said:
I had asked that as I have never seen the show so I was unaware of what the Youkai looked like in it. I mentioned shape not cause of shock or them not knowing about it, I said this because they are used to fighting being like us if we went full dragon

They probably usually fight japanese style ghost story monsters (AKA youkai) like a man with a floating unattached head, or a spider-woman, or animal people.

They've probably never gone toe to toe with a dragon before, dragons are a big deal.

Dragons(unless the dumb kind) Are a big deal vs youkai because they don't have a true history unless they're one of the big names, Tiamat,Draig,Bal,Nidhogg,Rai, etc. Which means they all can build their own personal power as well as power gained from being dragons. Something like that is scary to a race such as youkai.
Edit:
OMG! Tinkerbell is a youkai!

iamnuff said:
They probably usually fight japanese style ghost story monsters (AKA youkai) like a man with a floating unattached head, or a spider-woman, or animal people.

They've probably never gone toe to toe with a dragon before, dragons are a big deal.
In this quest this group has explicitly gone toe to toe with one dragon before, she invited herself to the party. But yes dragons are very much a big deal both to this group and in setting.

Eh..In Tiamat's case she just came in and wrecked their shit. I don't think they had a serious fight, more like comicaly casual thrashing.

Least Devotee said:
In this quest this group has explicitly gone toe to toe with one dragon before, she invited herself to the party. But yes dragons are very much a big deal both to this group and in setting.

I think you need to go look up what "toe to toe" means, because from what the Nura Clan-members told us, it sounds like it was pretty one sided.

She showed up and joined the party, then went on to do whatever she wanted, and wrecked the shit of anyone who tried to stop her.

Youkai Yakuza - Part 9
Deadly Dragoon Warrior?
[X] No

----

This is so much fun, you even consider going Dragoon. And fuck your clothes.

...But on second thought it's better not. Clothes are important in the society of today, especially the part about the possible consequences for going around without them.

And unlike a Youkai you aren't invisible to normal people.

No, no need to cost yourself another pair of pants and break out the Dragoon form, it still needed work anyway.

Boost
Offensive Overdrive: 32m
Defensive Overdrive: 32m
The third Boost. The amount of Essence stored is enough to activate [Explosion] three times, thus making you eight times stronger than now.

You settled back into a ready stance again a grin on your face. 'Uhm, not now. Maybe later.' just as you came to that conclusion Kurotabou is again on the attack, this time with a Yari. Rather then taking the obvious route and dodging to the left or right you instead pressed your wings tightly against our back: as you reached out guiding the spear slightly down you sprung, launching yourself into the air and over Kurotabou's back. He swiftly turns, seeming surprised to find you not pressing the attack as you had previously when finding yourself in a similar position; instead you had taken a position some 10 feet away from him.
First Martial Arts Excellency: -9m
Dragon Coil Technique: -3m
His visible eye widens as he takes in where you are shrouded in your glowing anima banner, acting as if it was a part of you, which if you thought about it really it is. You motioned with your hand as if to grasp something and the massive dragon that was your anima banner reached out and seemed to pluck the dodging Kurotabou out of the air, then begins to squeeze.

"Gah!" He grimaces at the pressure. Weapons of all things bursts out of his robe, but since your anima is immaterial they pass through your anima and fall to the ground, the only difference being that the non metal parts have lost color, as if they stood for a long time under the midday sun.

"A word of advice." You tell him with a triumphant smirk. "Not only I can keep squeezing until you're paste."

A ball of energy forms in the palm of your free hand. "But I can also attack with my free hand. So. I know it's bad form but in this case I have to ask: do you yield?"

Kurotabou glares at you before his face relax and he shows an embarrassed smile. "Aah, I suppose it can't be helped: I yield. Victory is yours."

Nodding you release the hold and fly back to the ground, your draconian features reverting back to human ones. "So-" You ask him with a carefree attitude. "Did you got what you wanted?"

"Uhm, I suppose I did." He muses in a pleased manner. "In any way thanks for agreeing to my selfish request. For compensation, this humble monk will, tomorrow, give you a tour of Ukiyoe Town and its most interesting places hidden from humans."

"That would be appreciate, but-" You quirk an eyebrow in an amusing way. "[Humble]?"

"Absolutely." He says with pride.

----

"Yeah. Not." Aotabou scowls, while Tsurara and Kejorou snicker.

"Still, I didn't expect Kuro to lose." Kubinashi shakes his head. "Was he even taking it seriously?"

"He was." Ao suddenly says. "He just avoided using his stronger techniques, and that's because he can't be anything less than lethal when using them."

"Nonetheless, this match in its way was interesting." Karasutengu nods, before turning to the other four youkai. "Even if inappropriate."

They cringe, their hopes that he forgot smashed to little pieces.

----
----
The rest of the day passes uneventful. You make the acquaintance of Wakana-san, Rikuo-kun's mother, and the other youkai that live in the house: Aotabou, Kurotabou's best friend; Tsurara the Yuki-onna, and by how she behaves around Rikuo it's evident she has a massive crush on the young lad; Kubinashi, the no-neck guy; and Kejorou, the cute one-chan. And let's no talk about about the myriad of minor youkai living everywhere on the premise. Truly, it's like someone animated the picture from a book like the "Gazu Hyakki Yagyo"! This is Japanese culture at its finest!

[Wasn't the highlight of Japanese culture King Arthur being female and, the bigger the mecha the faster it moves?] One of your sempai asks.

'...'

[...]

{...}

[I suppose not. That girl was strange in any case: always wearing out of fashion clothes, all dark and gloomy...]

'...'

[...]

{...}

[What is 'fujoshi' supposed to mean anyway?]

'...Ddraig.'

[...What?]

'Do you, perhaps, always choose perverts as hosts?'

[No way!!] He cries out in denial.

Suspicious.

----

The next morning you woke up before dawn and, after finding a secluded but open space in the large garden, starts performing kata as the first rays of the sun gently caress your skin and make the dew glimmer.

"Ehi Ddraig." You suddenly ask your partner. "Is the Dragoon the only form I can take when becoming a dragon?"

[No, that's only the intermediary level. People using it are called 'humanoid dragons'. If you raise your power you can change into a full western dragon, but for now it's too soon. Why do you ask?]

"It's because Dragoon is useful, but it's also has drawbacks." You flow from stance to stance like water in a riverbed, your limbs twirling in a deadly dance. "And I don't mean the ruined clothes. There are also the red dragon's urges and the fact I can't use Martial Arts with it. What I want to know, is if there is a way around that."

[Uhm, tricky question.] He thinks, hard. [...I never saw it in person, but I heard that the dragons the East use an alternate form of Dragoon: by honing their control to absurd degrees, they focus the power of a great form into a smaller, humanoid one while simultaneously suppress their instincts. I think it's called Sage Dragon or something similar.]

You stop and blink in amazement. "Truly? And how do I obtain it?"]

[No idea partner. Never saw it, remember?]

Oh really? That's helluva helpful. Not. Scoffing you resume training. Still, the idea has merits, and even if Ddraig don't know how to do it. surely there is someone out here that does. The trouble is finding him or her.

You can also try to recreate it by yourself. You're a Solar, it should be possible.

Of course, you also need to help the Nura Clan against the youkai from Shikoku. Today is also the day when Kurotabou offered to take you to see the city.

So much to do: you need to set up a program, or nothing productive will come out.

[] Write-in.
----

Everyday updates are back. Rejoice :))

Yay! You rock Alex

So we are aware now of the sage dragon form and the full western dragon shape.

[X] Ask someone about where Eastern dragons live and see if they can("Will") teach us how they change forms like they do.

Also would we be interested in the savage(?) dragon knack? Opinions anyone?

Holy shit update for this and Demi god. Alex. You amazing man.

Fucking ranged clinches man. Glad my idea worked out.

Bwahahahaha Our sempais have me weak in the knees. :))

So we're now on the path for Sage Dragon transformation wxcellent.

nice work Alexander, and good to hear we will be back to seeing updates everyday again ^^

Hmmm, I don't think this is really the right place to ask about Sage Dragon, the Nura Clans only interaction with a Dragon of anytype is when Tiger-chan crashed that party all those years ago after all and now us, so yeah, Eiko would probably be able to ask around, as would the HCC, in the end it would probably be quicker ironicly enough to just work on it ourselves rather then trying to track down someone to teach us.

Not really seeing much point in getting Savage Dragon at the moment, when we have more essence and spells it will make for a good for to take and use for playing caster in, as it will let us cast without needing to worry so much about defence, but at present its more useful to get Sage Dragon then the form based on the Evil Dragon archtype, ymmv of course.

As it stands, we probably want to get the lay of the land before deciding anything else so

[X] Take Kurotabou up on his offer to show you around the city, after all you need to know the lay of the land if you want to help protect it right, and its always nice to see new places and meet new people

You do have a point Chaos. Savage dragon sounds better for large scale destruction or when we are looking for power and not control.

If not now then when? If nothing else we can at-least ask our familiar if she knows then we can go around and take the tour if the guy is ready yet.

Nice update Alex.

[X] Take Kurotabou up on his offer to show you around the city, after all you need to know the lay of the land if you want to help protect it right, and its always nice to see new places and meet new people

Looks like we'll be training to control our Oozaru dragon form.

Guys? I know I said daily updates, but I can't do it with so few votes.

What, damnit. I thought I'd voted.

Meh. I don't really care about this arc, but if it'll get it over with:

[X] Take Kurotabou up on his offer to show you around the city, after all you need to know the lay of the land if you want to help protect it right, and its always nice to see new places and meet new people.

- [X] If there's enough time left, ask the other youkai for a spar, it's also important to know the abilities and powers of your comrades.

Alexander said:
Guys? I know I said daily updates, but I can't do it with so few votes.
K.

Daily updates for the Rance/Scion quest as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back