• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] make Raiser Live in the human world and work for his living and have our house hold/ninjas keep an eye on him.
-[X] {optional} have Raiser train with our house hold this will take him way outside how he thinks the world works and also reduces the number of training dumbies we have to replace daily.
--[X] Tell Raiser that If he can not pull himself together by the time we leave for Ryusenkyo that we will be taking him with us and he can meet a great many dragons(insert troll face)[might not be true but he does not know that]

Also what level is our evil piece research at?

Last edited:
[X] Ask Lord Phenex if he knows any dragons of high stature
-[X] Ask said dragon to help him with this problem
--[X] Basically like in the Side Story in Vol. 13.

[X] Ask Lord Phenex if he knows any dragons of high stature
-[X] Ask said dragon to help him with this problem
--[X] Basically like in the Side Story in Vol. 13.

Booh! We're telling our own story here! A story where we solve our own problems instead of relying on other people to do them for us. Much less copying the idea of another, much less cool, Issei. That we're totally using solar bullshit doesn't even matter as long as its us doing it.

Last edited:
Booh! We're telling our own story here! A story where we solve our own problems instead of relying on other people to do them for us. Much less copying the idea of another, much less cool, Issei. That we're totally using solar bullshit doesn't even matter as long as its us doing it.
Agreed. Our problems shall be solved via Glorious Solar Bullshit and Dragon Swag, or they are not worthy of being called our problems!

But didn't both of those things cause a lot of problems on their own?

Sure but these are our problems. I prefer to face problems and situations distinct from canon Issei, if only to prevent the metagaming arguments that crop up. It also helps to build the sense that our character and his choices is ours, distinct from other Isseis.

I just want to save XP, and get 'better Glorious Solar Bullshit.

Speaking of which, how close are we to getting Essence 5?

I just want to save XP, and get 'better Glorious Solar Bullshit.

Speaking of which, how close are we to getting Essence 5?

Eh to me I always prefer use over just availability. For instance I'm the type that always use the super powerful healing items and weapons in games rather than save them up for the final boss. Sure its possible you can grind away without it, maybe, but you forgo situations, like this one, where it saves time and convenience.

Eh to me I always prefer use over just availability. For instance I'm the type that always use the super powerful healing items and weapons in games rather than save them up for the final boss. Sure its possible you can grind away without it, maybe, but you forgo situations, like this one, where it saves time and convenience.

Then, when we see something even better, you are POed at yourself because you have to wait.

BTW: I think we should probably pick up a Perfect Parry soon. Immortal Blade-Deflecting Palm, or such.

Alexander
You forgot to add part 8 of Extra Arc II to the index. Just ought to remind you.
Also, have you finished the spell creation system for us to propose new spells for your quest?

Not until we either fulfill our motivation or spend five months meditating on the nature of our exaltation. Training up Essence is hard.
That begs the question; how is a harem being defined for this quest?

Issei is in romantic and sexual relationships with multiple women at the same time, which for many would constitute a harem. Does this mean we can go to Essence 5 now, or is there some missing quality to the relationships that prevents it from being counted as a 'harem' for our Motivation?

Issei is in romantic and sexual relationships with multiple women at the same time, which for many would constitute a harem. Does this mean we can go to Essence 5 now, or is there some missing quality to the relationships that prevents it from being counted as a 'harem' for our Motivation?
His motivation isn't just having a harem. It's being worthy of having one.

There was a specific number of girlfriends needed, somewhere in the 7-10 range if memory serves. We should be nearly there now.

His motivation isn't just having a harem. It's being worthy of having one.

That's going to be difficult to define.

Does 'worthy' mean being able to hold a job? Lore 4 means he's got the knowledge of a person with a college degree in history, math, computers, literature, cultural anthropology, etc. Plus, if he gets Craft to 5, he could be a set for life as a cook, or artist in any medium he so chooses.

Does it mean being strong? As an Essence 4 Solar, he's strong enough to face anything short of an the more powerful gods by himself. With Boosted Gear, he can even face Incarnae class gods.

How are we defining 'worthy?'

There was a specific number of girlfriends needed, somewhere in the 7-10 range if memory serves. We should be nearly there now.

Asia, Rias and Mittelt probably count. I don't think Aika and Yang count as they're more friends with benefits than harem members at present, but I could be wrong.

So, at least 2, maybe as many as 7.

Akeno and Xenovia will probably join soon. So, that's six when we get caught up to canon. Which will take a while since Alexander's updating speed has slowed down.
Kiyome Abe might join as well, after we save her from her arranged marriage.

That would be all ten, though if we grab xover characters, that'll speed things up.

Aye, it's ten consistent girlfriends and various qualifiers for being worthy of having them, which mostly consisted of being able to take care of them as needed IIRC.

I thought the difficulty was supposed to be in 'doing' not 'defining' them.
It's not supposed to be a cecklist of of I've done X, Y and Z so my motivation is complete. Especially for an Exalt.

Lets take someone driven to avenge the death of their family. A mortal thinks to hunt down the tax collector that slew them. A Hero thinks to kill the greedy Satrap who sent the tax collector and remove his influence from the local government so that it will not happen again. An Exalt thinks to drive the Empire that installed that Satrap from this land and all the lands around it so that it can never happen again.

Issea's motivation is not to sleep with a bunch of women. It's not even to have a harem of women. It's to be worthy of being loved by many women. Not in the emo 'no one could love me I'm not worth it' way. In the sense that he becomes such a good man, such a shining example that he can inspire love with a look or a touch and to do it without breaking a heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back