• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

ShadowAngelBeta said:
They're also Sacred Gear wielders which kind of puts them in an odd spot on the Supernatural/Mundane scale on its own.

But even Sacred Gear users can be defined as 'Human', so there's really no ambiguity if the deal was "Humans won't interfere with Youkai".

Or would you call exorcists that hunt Youkai not 'Human' because they have powers?

Adyen said:
But even Sacred Gear users can be defined as 'Human', so there's really no ambiguity if the deal was "Humans won't interfere with Youkai".

Or would you call exorcists that hunt Youkai not 'Human' because they have powers?
Now you're putting words into my mouth, but the ones who step into the moonlit world and stay there? That is their choice to put themselves into danger by fighting the monsters. And no, I would not define a Human with powers as being wholly Human. Mostly Human, but not wholly. They were automatically set apart from humanity the moment they gained those powers and chose to keep using them.

ShadowAngelBeta said:
Now you're putting words into my mouth, but the ones who step into the moonlit world and stay there? That is their choice to put themselves into danger by fighting the monsters. And no, I would not define a Human with powers as being wholly Human. Mostly Human, but not wholly. They were automatically set apart from humanity the moment they gained those powers and chose to keep using them.
I cant quite agree with you here, see are you really defining humanity as people who dont have powers? what about mages or onmyodou(sp?) they wield magical powers but are still himan, you could argue instead that the nature of their powers do make them apart from humanity(longinus and half-solar caste) and they are special cases, i do want to bring them too but maybe we could request permission from the head of the family first? this is their territory after all and i cant imagine him refusing help from what i have seen of him(granted i havent read the manga or even watch the anime but first impressions....)

It's all a moot point because Alex is going to railroad us away from bringing them in anyways, probably by pointing out that both leaving Suika behind and bringing her along are terrible terrible ideas.

Hey guys! I've got a great idea! Why don't we introduce Suika to Nurahiyon?

kinglugia said:
Hey guys! I've got a great idea! Why don't we introduce Suika to Nurahiyon?
welp, where the nearest Vault, cause i'm going to stay there until those two done talking

Honestly, I don't think we should be so quick to call our friends in here. Rikuo might be fine with more help, but we don't know if we can say this about the rest of the Nura. The tengu would definitely prefer for the clan to deal with this without too much outside interference, and them being youkai Yakuza, I daresay he won't be the only one thinking that. And sacred gear users or no, half-caste or no, they're still human. Having a power does not define what you are, dragons being possibly the only exception here as explained by Beowulf a few arcs ago. Well, a certain blonde fallen angel might get a pass, but. We're guests here, damn it. Least we could do is show some respect and not bring in a whole bunch of people uninvited. This isn't our home, and we've been bending rules pretty much ever since the negotiations began. Plus we got what, a Solar with the power of a dragon and a Longinus, a devil-killer yatagarasu, and the whole Nura to deal with this shit. I think that will be enough, no?

And besides, Smut is probably right anyway.

[X] There is a group of little youkai staring at you. Also, something stink of natto.

[x] A girl you didn't see before, wearing a furisode with a snowflake pattern.
[x] Talk to the girl with the aura of cold around her, see if we can get a tour of the mansion while we wait for whatever is going to happen to happen, and try to get some information about the Nura Clan and what they do out of her while we're at it. As her crush on Rikuo is likely to be fairly obvious, lets see what we can do about helping her and out new Kouhai out... and convincing them both of the glory of the Harem Route, of course!

Might as well go with Yuki-Onna, since even if Alexander says we won't be adding to our Harem this arc, we can still lay the groundwork to set out new Kouhai up with one of his own! Its the sort of thing a caring Sempai does, don't you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] There is a group of little youkai staring at you. Also, something stink of natto.

Hi! I'm new here, take care of me

I have this bizarre image of a supremely smug crow/raven sitting upon our head illuminated by a halo of sunlight as we go about our business.

Am I the only one?

Fallenblades643 said:
I have this bizarre image of a supremely smug crow/raven sitting upon our head illuminated by a halo of sunlight as we go about our business.

Am I the only one?
She's a raven. And no, you are not.

[X] A girl you didn't see before, wearing a furisode with a snowflake pattern.

[X] The black robed monk with a conic straw hat.

He's a cool dude.

Alright, someone please tell me how the Fate stuff in Creation work, and are they the kind like Simurgh-bombs, or the ones where just because there's a destiny, that doesn't mean that it is set in stone...free will and what not.

Because a certain comic strip in the Sidereal manual involving three DBs, an Eclipse and two Sidreals, the elder Sid saying something about 'teaching someone a lesson'...it pisses me off so much that my mind's decided to label the Sids as The Enemy, right after the Reverse Solars (Abyssals), Yozi Dogs (Infernals) and Sexy Fae (Raksha). Halp Plz?

kinglugia said:
Alright, someone please tell me how the Fate stuff in Creation work, and are they the kind like Simurgh-bombs, or the ones where just because there's a destiny, that doesn't mean that it is set in stone...free will and what not.

Because a certain comic strip in the Sidereal manual involving three DBs, an Eclipse and two Sidreals, the elder Sid saying something about 'teaching someone a lesson'...it pisses me off so much that my mind's decided to label the Sids as The Enemy, right after the Reverse Solars (Abyssals), Yozi Dogs (Infernals) and Sexy Fae (Raksha). Halp Plz?
Hm... the best metaphor I can think of would be to describe the future as a landscape, with Fate as a path running through it. It's possible to step off the path and go in whatever direction you want, but it's more difficult than just following it.

Basically, Fate can help you direct into directions by making certain outcomes more likely. It does not, however, *determine* outcomes; free will and agency are still very much in effect and very important.

One example given is of a Sidereal who wants to kill a king, and creates a Fate that effects various penalties on the king in question in specific situations, so that when the king is faced with an assassin, he will be much more likely to lose and die.
If the king is a powerful enough fighter however, he might still be able to fend off his attacker despite the Fate-imposed penalties.

Does that help?

kinglugia said:

Okay, this is kind of complicated, so bear with me. First off: Fate. Fate is controlled, ironically enough, by the Loom of Fate, which creates the tapestry of fate, which is made up of the individual threads of fate for everything in Creation. This is all maintained by the Pattern Spiders and the members of the Bureau of Destiny in Yu-Shan. Now, theoretically, everything is plotted out perfectly ahead of time and there's no variation from what the tapestry reads.

However, in practice there are three problems with that. Firstly, the Tapestry is incredibly complicated to read. It doesn't just track people. Every flower, every tree, every animal, every drop of water and grain of sand has its own thread in the Tapestry. It's so complicated in fact, that the reaction of almost everyone who sees it for the first time is to flee, gibbering in terror as their mind refuses to process what it has just seen.

The second problem is that there are beings in creation that don't have a thread in the Tapestry. Ghosts, demons, Fair Folk, all of these are things that don't have proper fates. But they can still interact with people, and doing so effects that persons thread. Which in turn shifts the patterns of the Tapestry, so a persons fate is changed by interacting with a being from outside creation.

Thirdly, and most relevantly to a Solar, Charms break causality. It doesn't matter if the Tapestry says "This Solar will die at this exact time when a thrown spear hits him in the head". Causality says this absolutely will happen. It's inevitable, the outcome of all the fates in that area interacting. It can't not happen. And then the Solar says "Seven Shadows Evasion, bitch" and the spear misses anyway. And then the Tapestry changes, the threads get tangled and all the pattern spiders taking care of that section get pissed off.

As for Sidreals, some of them are enemies. There's two major factions: The Bronze Faction, who came up with the plan to get rid of all the Solars in the first place and convinced the other Sids they had to go along with it. They're still doing their best to wipe out the Solars whenever they can, but a lot of the gods of Yu-Shan screw them over whenever there's a chance, so it's hard for them to get things done.

And there's the Gold Faction, who think that the Usurpation was a terrible idea and support the Solars however they can. Which unfortunately isn't a whole lot.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to identify whether the Sid is a Gold or a Bronze at a glance, because they can be damn subtle if they want to. Also, thanks for clarifying it with me, now I can sleep better.
I seem to remember that Remilia can literally manipulate Destiny itself...think we should bring her if we return to Creation? It'd piss off the Sids to no end when she (inevitably) used it for her own amusement. (and serve those Bronze fuckers right).

I doubt her powers would work on the Loom. If they do, though, having her fuck around with it for her own amusement is a *very* good way to get herself killed, because that's a threat *both* Sidereal-factions will take *extremely* seriously, due to the possible side-effects (like unraveling large sections of Creation into the Wyld).

Kelenas said:
I doubt her powers would work on the Loom. If they do, though, having her fuck around with it for her own amusement is a *very* good way to get herself killed, because that's a threat *both* Sidereal-factions will take *extremely* seriously, due to the possible side-effects (like unraveling large sections of Creation into the Wyld).
It should be noted that Sidereals are the 'Punch a soul in half and jump to heaven' guys in Brights martial arts explanation. And that's the basics for them.

There's a Sidereal martial arts combo that lets you simultaneously punch everyone in an area about the size of mainland Asia so hard that they turn into a duck. Twice. Do not screw with them unless you really need to.

What. The. Fuck.

Please tell me it really works like that. Because it sounds fucking hilarious.

And horribly broken.

cross_grave said:
What. The. Fuck.

And horribly broken.

Which part ? The Weave Of Fate or the Duck-Punching ? Because both work, it's just that you need to be an Elder Sidereal in order to perform the later.

cross_grave said:
What. The. Fuck.

And horribly broken.
Considering the Essence requirements for that feat? It's not that out-there.

But, yes, Sidereal Martial Arts are notoriously broken. They run into the "Elder Essence" problem: once you reach a certain point, the game system and in-world setting break down.

The continental Duck-Punch combo
Deathwings said:
Which part ? The Weave Of Fate or the Duck-Punching ? Because both work, it's just that you need to be an Elder Sidereal in order to perform the later.

The latter. Also, what about Solars? Do they hit the Elder Essence problem too?

cross_grave said:
What. The. Fuck.

And horribly broken.
The Charcoal March of Spiders school. Grandmother Spider Mastery lets you attack everything in your sight twice. Pattern Spider Touch lets you rewrite someone's fate if you hit them, for example: Now their fate is to be a duck. So, head to the top of Mount Meru and stack on every awareness charm you've got. You can now see everyone in Creation. Now combo Grandmother Spider Mastery and Pattern Spider Touch. This combo is known as the Geographical Duck-Punching Method.

Adding in a damage dealing charm to the combo converts it into the Creation-Slaying Oblivion Kick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back