• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

I think that only extends to females and people we actually give a damn about.
Nope, you don't get to be selective when it comes to virtues. Issei is honestly one of the nicest people in the world. Which doesn't mean that he won't kick your ass and put you down hard if needed. But it does mean that he's very much against unnecessary torture.

I think that only extends to females and people we actually give a damn about.
*facepalm* No, it doesn't. If you have Compassion that is very deep but very narrow, then you have low Compassion -- that's human baseline, "I care about my family and fuck the rest". High Compassion requires both breadth and depth -- "I care about everyone, and I care deeply". Someone with Compassion 5 makes Mother Theresa look like a bit of a psychopath in comparison; mortal virtues top out at 4, IIRC.

Last edited:
*facepalm* No, it doesn't. If you have Compassion that is very deep but very narrow, then you have low Compassion -- that's human baseline, "I care about my family and fuck the rest". High Compassion requires both breadth and depth -- "I care about everyone, and I care deeply".Someone with Compassion 5 makes Mother Theresa look like a bit of a psychopath in comparison; mortal virtues top out at 4, IIRC.
But would we really care about someone like Freed?

To the point that we don't want to see him tortured? Yes. What part of everyone do you not understand?
You do understand that Compassion is played to the characters values right? I mean we won't torture Freed but, if we see him he dies quick mostly painless death.

... That's exactly what I said.
Sorry got cut off.

Anyways depending on the Compassion Roll, which we can then decide to throw will at anyways, we CAN decide to punish Freed as we see fit. High Compassion simply makes resisting harder and trigger LimitBreak easier its not a SET thing.

This is how virtues work:

First, you have a score from 1-5 in Compassion, Conviction, Temperance and Valor. Each of these is associated with certain kinds of behavior, and also has certain kinds of behaviors that are contrary to them. High valor characters have a hard time running away from a fight for example. Torturing people -- any people, not just people we like -- is one of the actions which is forbidden to a high-Compassion character like us.

What that means for us is, if you want to take an action that's contrary to your virtues, you need to fail a die roll using as many dice as you have dots in that virtue. That's five dice for us. If you succeed on that roll then you need to spend a point of willpower in order to ignore the result and do the action anyways -- but then you take a point of limit for doing so. In case I need to remind you, earning limit means we eventually go into Limit Break and lose control of our character for a while. This is extremely bad.

So yes, we could possibly castrate Freed, but it wouldn't be worth the price we would be most likely to pay for it.

Huh? I thought it was.
Solar Compassion 4 VIRTUE EVENT!
Resist?
-Yes
*Eat 4 Limit*
Roll 4d10
*10,9,2,2*
Pay 2 Willpower?
-Yes
*Eat 2 Limit*
You may now kick the dog

I have been wondering what do Issei needs to do after the Excalibur Arc?

Any suggestions for a new Charm, or Magic?

Thank you Smuthunter for the explanation of how virtues work.

Huh? I thought it was.
Resist?
-Yes
*Eat 4 Limit*
Roll 4d10
*10,9,2,2*
Pay 2 Willpower?
-Yes
*Eat 2 Limit*
You may now kick the dog
That's the other way to gain limit. Although I did make one mistake -- it's only our primary virtue, the one associated with our limit break (that'd be Compassion for us), that gives us limit if we spend willpower to ignore it. The others are okay.

Huh? I thought it was.
Resist?
-Yes
*Eat 4 Limit*
Roll 4d10
*10,9,2,2*
Pay 2 Willpower?
-Yes
*Eat 2 Limit*
You may now kick the dog
Sorry, I was mistaken.
You just hit Limit Break.
What was your Limit again?
Ah, I remember, Berserker rage.
You cannot hit the dog.
It kinda does not exist anymore.

You can kick a dog, though.
The next surviving is *rolls* six miles from your current position.

Last edited:
I have been wondering what do Issei needs to do after the Excalibur Arc?

Settling in our new manse, finishing up Evil Piece research, training up and getting to know our minions, finding Ryusenkyo, all kinds of sidequesty crap like that. Depends on what suits our fancy and whether Alex throws another arc at us right off the bat or decides to give us a week/month/whatever of "training time" again so we can interact with people we haven't seen in a while.

images

These are kappa. They are a Japanese water spirit or demon. Who amuse themselves by tormenting those who travel near their river.

the myth of Kappas comes partly from how the sphincter of drowned people swells up. they explained it by saying that Kappas sucked people's intestines out their asses.

Yep, some of the more horrifying depictions have it that they just pull them out by hand. Also how did you get waterboarding from the kappa holding a man underwater?

Huh, well we were talking about handing over Freed for them to have fun with so I don't think we would need to appease them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back