• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
How do chakra strings, like those used by the Suna Puppeteers, relate to all of this? Though it probably isn't "raw", it's definitely very fine control of chakra outside the body for an extended period of time.

[X] "Make me."

I really hope that this doesn't lead to a bad end with Mio dying or crippling herself.

[X] "Make me."

Hey, maybe this will make Hinata less of a wallflower!

This continues until, in the lunch break of an unremarkable day some number of uncounted days into the training, you're confronted by Hinata of all people. The most timid wallflower of the Hyuuga.

And she's in your face for some reason.

"Y-you have to stop." she stammers, trying her hardest to be authoritative and failing hard, fingers trembling. "You're making, you're making yourself sick!"

"... I'm fiiiine." you reply, the word stretching out as you strangle off a yawn.

"Y-you look like you haven't slept in a week!" Hinata insists.

You've slept. Not... great, but that's how it goes. You wobble a little and let your eyes focus again, then unfocus them as your attention reverts to keeping a grip on your cloud of chakra, invisible to everyone else. Who doesn't have a doujutsu. Huh. Does Hinata see it?

You wave a bit of the chakra cloud in her face and she flinches. A slow grin crawls across your face as you wiggle more of it.

"Stop it!" Hinata insists. "You're hurting yourself!"
Oh HInata, you adorable lily. I wanna hug you.

On the other hand, this is MIO we are talking about.

[X] "Make me."

[X] "Ssssssso?"

I feel that if we tell Hinate to make us she will, given our current state. And I don't want a loss to Hinata on our conscience.

You're assuming it's actually possible.

The fact that the other ninja don't do it is indicative that it isn't.
Or that its the sort of technique that takes five or eight steps to learn how to do right, where the first three steps are the sort that would only be undertaken by a *moron*. In Narutoverse, there are all sorts of secret techniques known only to a few, and techniques like that often die out. A technique like this, where trying to learn it makes you much more likely to die unless you're in a safe controlled environment, and where even if you do learn it and it's moderately awesome, most other people won't want to try to indulge in that level of crazy? Yeah, this is the sort of thing that might have gotten developed *dozens* of times and then quietly died out again.

Of course, it could *also* be a horribly inefficient dead end that's essentially a bunch of work and suffering down a hole for no appreciable gain. That's how these sorts of things work out. It should at least be training our chakra reserves thought, right?

I am rather curious about whether there are beneficial effects to what MIO's doing to her Tenketsu.

While sure, as far as I recall there was no canon Tenketsu 'training' stuff touted, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Well, hopefully when this all comes to some sort of head MIO'll end up under a medicnin's hands at least for a checkup, and we'll get some in-verse explanation one way or another. Is this pure damage, or is it risking damage for potential gains of a strange sort?

I am rather curious about whether there are beneficial effects to what MIO's doing to her Tenketsu.

While sure, as far as I recall there was no canon Tenketsu 'training' stuff touted, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Well, hopefully when this all comes to some sort of head MIO'll end up under a medicnin's hands at least for a checkup, and we'll get some in-verse explanation one way or another. Is this pure damage, or is it risking damage for potential gains of a strange sort?
Well remember, the Kaiten is BASICALLY doing this all at once while spinning to shape manipulate it into a tornado forceshield, using the energy of both the spin and the enemy attack itself to redirect huge amounts of force.

This is like the first step of that... except we're doing it ALL the time, and trying to hold on to the chakra ourselves rather than let centrifugal forces shape and move it for us.

The fact that we even got THIS far with it so far is interesting in and of itself.

Now what Miho wants to ultimately do is take this part (The raw chakra expulsion) and then instead of simply Shape manipulating it (Ala Rasengan/Kaiten) she wants to CODE it (ala Grand Fireball/other actual Jutsu) while it's outside of her body.

And if she can expel chakra THEN code effects into it, then there's ALL kinds of goodies she'd eventually be able to do with it... and maybe even to chakra that ISN'T her own in her environment.

This is Bloody interesting.

I think we got this far because Uchiha bodies are predisposed for the use of a similar tech.I mean what is Susanoo if not a expeling a lot of chakra and manipulating it? With no handseals ofcourse because those are for plebs/people that cant just cast genjutsu with their eyeballs.

Granted that is a "even heavier trauma" upgrade that we will probably not get but a significantly weaker does not kill/blind you to use version could maybe be developed.

[x] "Ssssssso?"

I'd rather see Hinata try and diplomacy us into not killing ourselves a bit more, before she decides that she needs to get.... physical.

I'd rather see Hinata try and diplomacy us into not killing ourselves a bit more, before she decides that she needs to get.... physical.
... You do realize Diplomacy doesn't actually work on Miho right?

And that without being goaded into it Hinata is simply likely to flicker off and just TELL someone that something's wrong rather than try to force us. Thus not distinguishing her in anyway beyond being a tattletale.

So yay for the boring option.

Boring options are necessary, too. They make us appreciate the non-boring options when those appear. Consider: if every tea you drink is sweet, you soon stop noticint the sweetness.

On the other hand, this is Chibi-Reaper's quest. What do you mean by "boring" options?

I'm presuming that Mio's suffering badly enough from sleep deprivation that diplomacy actually has a mild chance of working.
Sleep deprivation isn't known for its beneficial effects in diplomacy. I do believe people get irrational and obstinate when extremely tired.

Or perhaps that's just my experience.

Do you think hinata knows what we are doing by seeing it before or read a book on it? You think we should drill her for those knowledge /research papers?

I doubt Hinata will get physical without permission. "Sssssso?" isn't permission, even in the broadest sense - and I doubt Chibi is going to give us a second chance for Mio to give that permission if we don't take it now.

In any case, "Make me" isn't likely cause Hinata to switch to force immediately; she'll still need time to decide other methods aren't working and rationalize "make me" as permission, but at least we'll have unlocked the option in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back