• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
[X] That sounds like a deal that the Great Devil King of the Uchich can support. My loyal followers will be ready to aid me in assisting the training of this young genin.

[X] That sounds like a deal that the Great Devil King of the Uchiha can support. My loyal followers will be ready to aid me in assisting the training of this young genin.

Last edited:
[X] That sounds like a deal that the Great Devil King of the Uchiha can support. My loyal followers will be ready to aid me in assisting the training of this young genin.

Gai, you are AWESOME.

EDIT: Thanks Biigoh!

Last edited:

Typo correction, Ct613hulu, Xicree, CrossyCross

Wasn't it originally the plan to learn thematic illusions covertly?

Well yes it was.but since we are learning them from Gai secrecy takes somewhat off a backseat.Because I don't think even the great Mio can convince him of changing the price for the lesson.

I'm sure this is as covert as Gai can get. Clearly.

-[X] But future reference, if you can you should get a peacock flashing their tail in your shtick - it'd really add to the presentation's flash. Just a thought.

So about the fact that we are rushing headlong into either getting our asses handed to us, or on the fast track towards geninhood by beating up an already established team.

So about the fact that we are rushing headlong into either getting our asses handed to us...
What about it?

We've already discussed the topic some, and most anything that might change things there is somewhat OOC.
  • Improving Hand Seal timeframes/getting better at summoning based stuff so we can use the Reverse Summon faster? Both aren't exactly things Mio's got an in-character reason to focus on.
  • Getting out of Konoha? Same deal - she doesn't seem to have any in-character reason to want to leave; heck she seems to barely notice the clan elders being pissy, even when that means they kinda sorta torture her.
  • Git gud to the point we could stand up to Itachi or Obito long enough to GTFO? Again, Mio doesn't really have any in-character reason to think her already astounding levels of awesome won't be enough.
Now, we can do that other thing I mentioned before, which might help: Get Mio to start doing daily peeping at the Training Grounds in aggregate from a proper vantage point (like atop the Hokage monument) to steal as many techniques as possible from the far end of a pair of binoculars. It's not really going to make her better, but the more options she has to express her bullshit chakra reserves, the more flexibly she can solve problems.

So yeah... we don't exactly have any outright solutions to the massacre that are in-character, at best we just have... ah, I guess edge-blunters, in the form of a more robust Jutsu repertoire.
or on the fast track towards geninhood by beating up an already established team.
Well that's simple enough - the 'beating other genin teams' thing: There are plenty of teams in konoha that can't pass the chuunin exams, per all those mook faces we saw in the canon exams - we just need to find those sorts of teams, and pick one or several to shit on.

The problem is that beating them doesn't... really prove anything. It's fanon that beating genin proves you're good enough to be one, and while there's certainly some logic to such a belief, it's still a leap of faith.

That said, I'll note that [Peeping on all the training fields] would sure make it easier to pick out genin teams Mio could beat to then run roughshod over. You know, what with letting us assess what their sunday best moves are a priori.

So yeah; if you care about either of those things, I'll venture that the best means to address them, in character, starts with making Mio a stalker ala this.

Actually Chibi-Reaper, can you comment on the Training Ground peeping thing? It seems like something that's both totally up Mio's alley, and also something that would rarely if ever get in-update mention.

Is she already doing this obvious thing, or would we need to vote to make her actually try to exploit her Sharingan for technique theft - you know, the thing that's the most well known use of the Sharingan?

Weeell, Mio's Sharingan are pretty much always on, because her opinion on willingly turning them off is more or less the same as her opinion on willingly contracting ninja Alzheimers. (You mean you want it to be possible for me to forget things?)

She's a unique case that way, where most Uchiha turn their eyes on so they remember something forever, she'll only turn them off if she suspects that she's about to see something she'll regret.

For jutsu snatching... kind of rude, not that Mio cares about that, but it also comes with some not-widely-advertised caveats. If you're doing it through a spyglass, you'd better have really good zoom, because you need to see how the chakra is moving and at least enough movement to intuit the hand-signs, for one. For another, the Sharingan copies a jutsu as it is used. Exactly as it's used. So if the user isn't great at it, then you get it at that level of skill, and if they're putting more chakra into it than you currently have available to use, then uuuuh..... sucks for you?

So it's really good for snatching techniques off of foreign ninja without having to actually kidnap and brainwash an instructor or steal a training manual, though the Sharingan is good for that too, but if you ever want to use that jutsu in a different way... like, if you want an earth-spiking thing to have five or three spears instead of four, or just to change the angle on it a bit? You're going to have to first train yourself to not automatically do the jutsu exactly as the Sharingan copied it, and then half-relearn it in order to figure out how to vary the use.

This got mentioned at some point, with Mio reminiscing about stealing the transformation illusion technique from an older class, if I'm remembering rightly.

Anyway, Mio's current standard procedure is more or less 'Well if something falls in my lap, then obviously it's mine, but I'm not actively hunting for shinies', since she has the resources of the Ninja Library to draw upon for all your academy-student rated jutsu needs, and it's not like she's going to suddenly need a lot more than is suitable to dick around with classmates and maybe genin with, right?

Hah.

Ahahaha.

-[X] AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

If Gai's secret 'illusive pose' technique is a hard counter for Tsukiyomi, I am going to laugh my ass off.

Last edited:
-[X] AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

https://soundcloud.com/esullen/jojos-bizarre-adventure-awakenpillar-men-theme
98qDqh6.jpg

original scene poses:

5b4.png

mmm, with Mio arrogance it would be better if the masters were Kakashi and Gai 'coincidently' making the master poses if you're going to go full retard use the reference.

Last edited:

-[X] AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

Oh, I forgot to vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back